PDA

View Full Version : Encore #17 - Cassettes Vol 2!

griffin
15th January 2009, 03:11 AM
At a Toy show in Japan, the TakaraTomy display revealed Encore #17 - Cassette Big Missions Vol 2, containing Steeljaw, Ramhorn, Ratbat and Slugfest, to be released in June. (happy to see ratbat, so I can finally get a legit one with ears)

http://blog.hobbystock.jp/report/2009/01/tp0094.html

The display also shows:
Encore #15 - Cassette Big Missions Vol 1 (Ravage, *BUZZSAW*, Eject, Rewind).
Encore #16 - Combaticons.
Masterpiece Grimlock.
Chrono Label (has a big screen, so maybe has other electronic/digital features).
Mickey Prime, both colour and grey versions.
Henkei Ratchet
Henkei Inferno
Henkei Dinbot
Henkei Hotshot with Jolt
Henkei (Red) Alert
Henkei Smokescreen
Minivehicles Brawn, Beachcomber, Cliffjumper, Wheelie, Cosmos, Warpath.

This year is gonna be expensive...

Tober
15th January 2009, 03:53 AM
Great... I spent the last couple of years collecting the micro-cassette bots and now TAKARA decide to reissue them... :rolleyes:

...except Overkill, the only one I'm missing. :mad:

...if you're a completionist.

Yes, there's alot of really nice transforming toys coming out soon from Japan. Pity only a few are Transformers™. ;)

Omega Supreme
15th January 2009, 07:46 AM
I feel your pain Tober, now comes the decision of getting nice minty fresh tapes or sticking with the current ones I have.

Im interested to see the Alt modes of those Mini Vehicles.

Bartrim
15th January 2009, 07:47 AM

It most certainly is shaping up that way:(. At least I'll be purchasing quality this year not just buying something (movie Camshaft) to give me a fix :D

GoktimusPrime
15th January 2009, 07:58 AM
Guh, I want that set for Slugfest. I'll keep Ramhorn (cos I'm missing one of his guns) and Ratbat (mine's complete but a bit worn) - I don't mind having doubles with originals and reissues (cos I can display one in robot mode and the other in alt mode)... but I don't need a third Steeljaw.

If anyone wants Steeljaw at 20% of whatever I end up paying for this set please PM me.
Same deal if anyone wants Buzzsaw.

*sigh* And I wanted to cut down on imports this year. (-_-) I really hope that Hasbro releases MP Grimlock here.

liegeprime
15th January 2009, 08:16 AM
If anyone wants Steeljaw at 20% of whatever I end up paying for this set please PM me.

Ooooh me, me, me , me ,me! Raises both hands high up!:D:D:D. Ive got a steeljaw but he's suffering from a little cosmic rust on the legs so I just want an extra!

gamblor916
15th January 2009, 08:22 AM
Oh no more stuff to buy :D
Will there be more? If they have Slugfest then surely Overkill is on the way.
Ratbat was a big surprise, didn't see that one coming.

i_amtrunks
15th January 2009, 08:42 AM
Wow. I was hoping to not be enticed to buy stuff from overseas with the bad AU$, but little chance of that happening now, I can deal with getting the inferior classics figures, but the encores are mighty enticing.

Adzma
15th January 2009, 09:30 AM
Does anyone know if the Frenzy/Rumble mould is in usable condition? I want to replace my KOs but it seems they aren't planning on bringing them out anytime soon...

MV75
15th January 2009, 09:52 AM
I predict the Vol 3 would be rumble, frenzy, buzzsaw, (maybe, it came with soundwave encore, so, maybe), overkill. :)

I'm liking this one. I only have steeljaw that came with my reissue blaster, so the rest are all great by me. And finally, a ratbat I know is for real.

I do now wonder though, if encore #18 would be blaster to go with these.....

iceburn
15th January 2009, 09:58 AM
ohh it's all coming together for the G1 toys that i don't own and are sort of expensive to get

kup
15th January 2009, 10:09 AM
RATBAT! YES!!!! :D

I am only interested in Ratbat from that set. If anybody is only interested in Slugfest, Steeljaw and Ramhorn I will be happy to get Ratbat off you :)

MV75
15th January 2009, 10:22 AM
I really hope that these sell very well and show them that they were wrong about people preferring to buy KOs at a cheaper price so that they'll keep reissuing stuff that they held back on in the past.

Paulbot
15th January 2009, 10:33 AM
MV75, your suggestion of a Blaster Encore sounds like a nice companion to these.

The news about Vol 2 came quick, it was just the other day the others were noted as being Vol 1.

The best thing is that is clear Encore isn't dead which there were fears about last year.

As well as Legout and Decibel, I'd like to see Squawkbox and Slamdance "encored" too.

dirge
15th January 2009, 10:43 AM
Here's hoping Autoscout makes it into Vol 3...

sideswipes brother
15th January 2009, 10:46 AM
This to me is good news and bad news. Good news that another Encore is on the way and i definately will be getting these. :D
Bad news that this to me means that Rumble/Frenzy mold is gone or they would have announced them already as they are two of the most popular tapes.:(

Sky Shadow
15th January 2009, 10:48 AM
At a Toy show in Japan, the TakaraTomy display revealed Encore #17 - Cassette Big Missions Vol 2, containing Steeljaw, Ramhorn, Ratbat and Slugfest, to be released in June.

A very nice set, leagues beyond Volume 1 - I will actually buy this one. If they get to Squawkbox and Slamdance then I'll put TakaraTomy on my Christmas card list. :)

blackie
15th January 2009, 10:59 AM
hehe my sludgefest is pure poo, so this makes me extra happy :D

Sky Shadow
15th January 2009, 11:04 AM
I predict the Vol 3 would be rumble, frenzy, buzzsaw, (maybe, it came with soundwave encore, so, maybe), overkill. :)

Maybe they just didn't have a Laserbeak handy, but according to these pictures, Buzzsaw is in Volume 1:

http://blog.hobbystock.jp/report/images/tp0094/022.jpg

kup
15th January 2009, 11:12 AM
I thought that Ratbat was along among the lost tape molds. When they released the Soundblaster reissue, I expected it to come with Ratbat because it seemed logical since he was a pretty prominent cassette in Headmasters even though in the original release of the toy, it came with buzzsaw.

GoktimusPrime
15th January 2009, 11:18 AM
Ooooh me, me, me , me ,me! Raises both hands high up!. Ive got a steeljaw but he's suffering from a little cosmic rust on the legs so I just want an extra!
Done. :)

Does anyone know if the Frenzy/Rumble mould is in usable condition? I want to replace my KOs but it seems they aren't planning on bringing them out anytime soon...
That mould's never been reissued so I wouldn't bet on it. I'd bite the bullet and hunt down the originals if I were you.

jaydisc
15th January 2009, 01:39 PM
Great news! Just need Overkill now.

Gutsman Heavy
15th January 2009, 01:48 PM
oh very nice.

griffin
15th January 2009, 02:18 PM

As Sky Shadow pointed out, and was noted in the first posting, Volume 1 looks to have Buzzsaw in it instead of Laserbeak, because Encore already released Laserbeak (Condor) with Soundwave.

Robzy
15th January 2009, 03:18 PM
Excellent news!!

SilverDragon
15th January 2009, 05:15 PM
How come Henkei gets Dinobot's colours right* but Universe doesn't? It makes no sense to me.

*well, rightER than Universe.

Zippo
15th January 2009, 05:37 PM
This is a very good news day. Those Vol 2 Cassettes are a very welcomed addition to the Encore line, though poor Overkill gets left out in the cold. I can see Vol 3 of the Cassettes containing the combining tapes (who names escape me) and Vol 4 containing the Japanese only Dino cassettes, with Vol 5 containing Frenzy, Rumble, Overkill and ... ???

orionpax1
15th January 2009, 06:10 PM
this is good news and as was mentioned before this will be an expensive year and i also think that #18 will be blaster (which i dont have). I'm loving this encore range its alowing me to collect G1 without paying a fortune for originals.

Paulbot
15th January 2009, 07:32 PM
...and Vol 4 containing the Japanese only Dino cassettes, with Vol 5 containing Frenzy, Rumble, Overkill and ... ???

And Enemy (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Enemy)!

(If they get the Frenzy/Rumble toy back, milk it!)

Autocon
15th January 2009, 09:42 PM
does this mean i have to get encore soundwave to get lazerbeak:(

GoktimusPrime
15th January 2009, 10:51 PM
Or you could get TFC Soundwave or Hasbro reissue Soundwave. Or G1 Laserbeak, but that'd probably be the hardest to find.