PDA

View Full Version : Limited Edition Animated Packaging.

griffin
15th January 2009, 03:29 AM
No details on what it is for, or where it will be released, or why, but deluxe sized Animated Ratchet has been found in the same cylindrical packaging that the Movie 'Allspark Powered' deluxes came in. It looks like a straight repack to, with no noticible colour difference, or anything additional, so no idea why it would rate as an exclusive worth getting.
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/animated-8/new-transformers-animated-packaging-166594/

i_amtrunks
15th January 2009, 08:47 AM
so no idea why it would rate as an exclusive worth getting.

What no Allspark blue??? :p

I like the cylindrical packaging, it's great to have the robot mode on display (can also see more paint app errors), for those who like to open their toys you can keep the backing sheet as it is smaller than a card, and get rid of the cylinder, and they display very nice for the MISB collectors.

liegeprime
15th January 2009, 09:14 AM
What no Allspark blue??? :p

Be careful what you say! Shhhhhh! Someone at Hasbro is watching... and paying close attention and might get an idea (albeit the wrong one) :p;):D

GoktimusPrime
15th January 2009, 11:16 AM
Pink is the new blue which was the new day-glo yellow. :p

Golden Phoenix
15th January 2009, 11:55 AM
I think they look nicer. As well as looking more like a collectable then a toy

JuzMel
15th January 2009, 03:15 PM
They should make Deluxes all come out in this packaging, it's so much easier to display them then. :) Is there gonna be changes to the figure itself?

Paulbot
15th January 2009, 04:00 PM
The problem with a figure in Robot mode is you can't see if the toy will make a seamless vehicle mode. I had this issue with Stealth Lockdown, it looks fine in robot mode but his arm can't be made to fit properly when transforming him into to vehicle mode. If it had been packed in vehicle mode with this glaring fault I'd have never have picked it up.

SilverDragon
15th January 2009, 05:17 PM
I like this packaging. I'm wondering whether this is just Hasbro re-releasing some figures or it'll be an AllSpark-Power type redeco line.

griffin
16th January 2009, 02:35 AM
I also like the displayability of the figure in the cylinder packaging, but they aren't good for storage though. All I have left of regular deluxes is the backing card (in a huge pile - been collecting them all since Beast Machines), but these containers don't flatten as easily as boxes, so if they started doing more like this, they will mostly end up in the bin, with just the inserts kept. But Hasbro would never stop putting deluxes on cards, because the stores prefer product they can hang on pegs.
Could you imagine the mess in a toy section from kids wanting a figure at the bottom of a stack of dozens of these cylinders, or just purposefully knocking them over all the time? Stores would just stop stocking them through frustration.

i_amtrunks
16th January 2009, 09:21 AM
Could you imagine the mess in a toy section from kids wanting a figure at the bottom of a stack of dozens of these cylinders, or just purposefully knocking them over all the time? Stores would just stop stocking them through frustration.

Transformers Bowling!

Oh how I would have loved to have had Movie Camshaft in the cylindrical packaging, line up 10 of them and have a bowl or two with a size three soccerball!

GoktimusPrime
16th January 2009, 10:02 AM
Mmm... bowling fresh... ;)