PDA

View Full Version : Easiest way to get TFA Target exclusives?

Toastfarmer
15th January 2009, 09:42 AM
Hi everyone,

this will double as my introduction to the boards, so, uh, hello. I'm from Brisbane and have been a TF fan for some time but only recently started actually collecting (beginning with the Animated line).

So the Target in Brisbane DID have the two exclusives at one stage (Stealth Lockdown and Rescue Ratchet) but they're both gone (and it seems unlikely they'll restock them).

What is the next best way to try and get them? Checking every Target store in the Brisbane area isn't really practical for me.

iceburn
15th January 2009, 09:48 AM
hi and welcome. i'll say probably wait and see if there's a restock.
have checked ebay and prices are high but nobody's buying them except for a couple that have gone reasonably cheaply.

Sam
15th January 2009, 11:12 AM
Hi and welcome to the forums. :)

Unable to give suggestions for your question though (I don't collect TFA line).

Hot Rodimus
15th January 2009, 11:34 AM
I go to the stores pretty regulary and always check the toy sections of every target, kmart big w etc so if I see any I will pm you.

1orion2many
15th January 2009, 02:40 PM
:)Welcome, I'm no help as I'm in Perth:D.

fatbot
16th January 2009, 10:46 PM
try going online to target.com.au, you should be able to buy them there, if not and you know someone who lives close to castle hill in nsw, they can get on of each for you.

liegeprime
17th January 2009, 07:42 PM
Welcome to the forum! :D As Fatbot said... I cant help yous as my local Target is one of the worst in restocking. They like to have plenty of empty shelves :p

Toastfarmer
18th January 2009, 08:22 PM
Well thanks for the advice, I guess I'll just cross my fingers that Target restocks. As Liegeprime said, they sure do like to keep their shelves empty. They haven't restocked their Transformers since before Christmas. :/

griffin
18th January 2009, 09:42 PM
If that doesn't happen, try somewhere like robotkingdom. It may cost a little more, but, at least its an option.

Toastfarmer
20th January 2009, 09:26 PM
Given that it's looking more and more likely I'll have to resort to buying online, which would people recommend out of robotkingdom and bigbadtoystore? In terms of prices they seem similar, bigbadtoystore a few dollars more expensive in postage. Which tends to be more reliable, faster, etc?

STL
20th January 2009, 10:45 PM
Target (nor K-Mart) doesn't really ever restock exclusives in Australia though TRU does. The movie items were a good example of that.

Most of us here prefer RK (Robot Kingdom) b/c it has beter shipping and is way more convenient. Their combined shipping is outstanding too. BBTS can cut u at the edges on shipping. I recall glimpsing one a few weeks back when I was looking for the Librarian III but can't remember where. I'll keep an eye out for u.