PDA

View Full Version : Pics of Animated Hydrodive Bumblebee and Golfire Grimlock

Stompy
16th January 2009, 09:57 AM
Noticed that official pictures are up of the anounced Voyager sized Hydrodive Bumblebee:

http://tformers.com/transformers-first-looks-at-voyager-hydrodrive-bumblebee-and-golfire-grimlock/10784/news.html

Interesting accessory but most interesting of all is that it's a brand new Bumblebee mould. It looks to be smaller than the deluxe and much better proportioned. The arms are a definite improvement and the giant feet doesn't look as ridiculous anymore. Although still very bulky up back.

Paulbot
16th January 2009, 10:04 AM
The first thing that comes to mind is my Action Master Thundercracker with his transforming Solo Mission Jet Plane. :D

The second thing that comes to mind is Rattrap's submarine from Beast Wars. :)

The Bumblebee figure itself looks nice. :cool:

iceburn
16th January 2009, 10:52 AM
looks like a Centurion to me.... :P
i'm definitely getting him. custom coming up???

liegeprime
16th January 2009, 11:20 AM
Um so it's ( bumblebee) voyager sized? Shouldn't it be deluxe sized ( or slightly smaller but still comparative sizewise) only otherwise its as big as Animated Prime. Sigh, what am I saying, its TF, when has that been not an issue with Hasbro, ;):rolleyes:. I like the look of the add-on , even if it is blue mebbe coz of the clear bits. Clearly Hasbro's stock of blue tint has not yet been exhausted. But then I guess it being a sub makes sense to make it blue for water...

Golden Phoenix
16th January 2009, 11:23 AM
I like the look of Bumblebee. It kind of looks like a hybrid of the Activator and Deluxe.
I'm curious about the accessory though. Kind of...ok... I just hope they use it in season 3

i_amtrunks
16th January 2009, 01:35 PM
The second thing that comes to mind is Rattrap's submarine from Beast Wars. :)

First thing that came to my mind!

I was very surprised to see how big the accessory is, and that he is a voyager, I was expecting another Deluxe (albeit smaller) with a moderately sized accessory, much like Prowl.

I need more pics before I decide either way, especially on the sub section, if it doesn't transform what purpose does it serve (rather than to push a small deluxe figure into the voyager price point)

griffin
16th January 2009, 02:45 PM
Try to remember, that Walmart dictates to Hasbro that they have to keep releasing new product constantly, so Hasbro has to find a way to keep the core characters on the shelves for kids to keep supporting the series and give it the legs to last more than a year. We've seen Prowl and (a new) Bumblebee now released with accessories, to get them on Walmart's shelves, so maybe this is what we will see more of in future - the core cast of the current show in the first year of toys, and then new toys or re-released toys with extra accessories. It's either that or recolours with a prefix name that kids and collectors aren't really accepting, because they are particularly attentive to the colours of their beloved characters on the show.
The Grimlock redeco maybe could have used some other colours as highlights with the gold... A bit too much gold for me.

Kyle
16th January 2009, 02:54 PM
The new Bumblebee is a MUST-HAVE. Period. :p

SilverDragon
16th January 2009, 04:31 PM
Grimlock looks lame. It'd have been better if they repainted him purple in homage to the other Tyrannosaurus that David Kaye has voiced, yessss.

Sky Shadow
16th January 2009, 06:14 PM
looks like a Centurion to me...

http://tformers.net/g/albums/10784/transformers-animated-hydrodrive-bumblebee%20(2).jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_VMt1-M9fM2c/SU0VeW8lp4I/AAAAAAAACMg/kER02LmLdZU/s400/depth+(2).jpg

Separated at birth? :p

GoktimusPrime
16th January 2009, 06:36 PM
Why does Bumblebee need a sealed undersea suit? Robots don't breathe... (-_-) (and in the very first episode of TF Animated we saw Bumblebee happily moving about in a vacuum on an asteroid)

Golden Phoenix
16th January 2009, 10:41 PM
Why does Bumblebee need a sealed undersea suit? Robots don't breathe... (-_-) (and in the very first episode of TF Animated we saw Bumblebee happily moving about in a vacuum on an asteroid)

Maybe they have a cold weakness like in the Movie.... which only effects them while in water...and not in space...or in the snow....
*shrugs*

stuff it
The Allspark did it :P

Gutsman Heavy
16th January 2009, 10:54 PM
not a fan of either

Tetsuwan Convoy
17th January 2009, 12:21 AM
I kinda like it. If they have to keep doing the new stock thing for Walmart as Griffin said, then doing stuff like that is a much better way of keeping the original charcters than lame-o recolours. I guess that explains all the different variations of Batman figs when the batman movies come out. Now those strange "Laser Batman" figs make sense(ish) even though he never went near a laser in the movie.

Look, its Optimus Prime, with a new hat!

Still I must say I am pleased that its s new Bubblebee(;) ) as well as a sub- thingy ma bob.

GoktimusPrime
17th January 2009, 10:57 AM
I preferred G1 Bumblebee whose VW mode was just amphibious.

Zippo
17th January 2009, 01:02 PM
Can't say I am a fan of either of those two new toys..

Pipesqueak
17th January 2009, 04:49 PM
I'll go for the Bumblebee, will look cool next to Samurai Prowl. No to pointless gold Grimlock.

SilverDragon
17th January 2009, 04:53 PM
I preferred G1 Bumblebee whose VW mode was just amphibious.

Thinking of G1 Bumblebee, the submarine kind of looks like his cybertronian vehicle mode in 'More than Meets the Eye, Part 1', only blue.

Wheel-J
18th January 2009, 12:38 AM
Imagine putting these figures side by side - eliteguard BB, blazing lockdown, and now golfire grimlock - maybe it ain't bad at all...:rolleyes:

Golden Phoenix
18th January 2009, 11:30 AM
Imagine putting these figures side by side - eliteguard BB, blazing lockdown, and now golfire grimlock - maybe it ain't bad at all...:rolleyes:

Could Black and Gold be the next colour they throw on everything because they got it cheap?

griffin
18th January 2009, 01:30 PM
Could be like a sub-group theme, that allows collectors to display them together like a set.
One thing I'd like to see in a series is several intermittent toys released over a year in a similar theme or colour, but not revealed in the show like a year later that they have a common link or bond, or come together as a sub-group of warriors, reguardless of allegiance. Then again, it'd be a toy scalpers paradise, as heaps of collectors would suddenly be hunting down several toys no longer available at retail.

Golden Phoenix
18th January 2009, 11:54 PM
Could be like a sub-group theme, that allows collectors to display them together like a set.
One thing I'd like to see in a series is several intermittent toys released over a year in a similar theme or colour, but not revealed in the show like a year later that they have a common link or bond, or come together as a sub-group of warriors, reguardless of allegiance. Then again, it'd be a toy scalpers paradise, as heaps of collectors would suddenly be hunting down several toys no longer available at retail.

It would give Hasbro a good excuse to release the exact same toy again...
Oh for the Love of God: delete the idea before they find it!

STL
20th January 2009, 12:48 AM
Whoa... more fugliness to skip. And yes, I'll be able to finally resist crappy repaints! Woot!

GoktimusPrime
20th January 2009, 11:50 AM
Whoa... more fugliness to skip.
+1

And yes, I'll be able to finally resist crappy repaints! Woot!
ROFL! :D

iceburn
20th January 2009, 12:04 PM
haha but he can't resist multiples still

Hot Rodimus
20th January 2009, 12:25 PM
I wont be picking up these repaints either

STL
20th January 2009, 11:14 PM
haha but he can't resist multiples still

Only of good toys or toys with nice packaging that I can display. Oh wait... that's an awful lot of toys...