PDA

View Full Version : New Spiderman and Ironman Crossover toys.

griffin
18th January 2009, 01:55 PM
A whole universe of Marvel characters are out there to be used, and they go and produce new Spiderman and Ironman Transformers. But at least they combine, in both modes. Which may not be a great gimmick, but it is something creative and adds play value.

http://tformers.com/transformers-1st-look-marvel-crossovers-iron-man-spidey-combined/10792/news.html

Spiderman turns into a type of helicopter with huge pods that are either weapons or engines.
Ironman turns into a stunted (Cylon-looking) aircraft.

As mentioned, the added gimmick is that they can combine with each other in aircraft mode, and in biped mode.

These probably won't come out until the middle of the year.

jacksplatt11
18th January 2009, 02:46 PM
Yeah, I saw this on Seibertron last night... I don't quite get why they did new Spiderman and Ironman figures when we already have them, and why do they combine? Seems like an odd partnership... I'm not huge on Marvel comics so maybe they have partnered up in the past, but surely there must be a Marvel comics duo that would make more sense to combine. I suppose it's about selling toys though and Spiderman and Ironman and both pretty darn popular

griffin
18th January 2009, 03:06 PM
They look a little smaller than usual (they look deluxe sized), so maybe they will be sold as a 2-pack like the Animated twins.

loophole
18th January 2009, 03:26 PM
Iron man doesnt look too bad but Spidey just doesnt cut it, defientally a pass on these. Still should of used different characters though....

Paulbot
18th January 2009, 05:24 PM
Yeah, I saw this on Seibertron last night... I don't quite get why they did new Spiderman and Ironman figures when we already have them, and why do they combine? Seems like an odd partnership... I'm not huge on Marvel comics so maybe they have partnered up in the past, but surely there must be a Marvel comics duo that would make more sense to combine. I suppose it's about selling toys though and Spiderman and Ironman and both pretty darn popular

Spider-Man worked for Iron Man a couple of years ago, Iron Man even gave Spidey a special armor suit, until the Civil War crossover where things went bad. So while it makes sense in a way, it makes sense several years ago!

They could have gone with Human Torch and Iceman team up. Oh wait we already have "Safeguard" :D

Defcon
18th January 2009, 05:42 PM
These might be interesting. I already have the original Ironman transformer, but disliked spiderman. Strange they are redoing these characters, but as someone already mentioned they are popular and well known. Are combiners making a comeback?

Lord_Zed
18th January 2009, 06:10 PM
They can make Spidey and Ironman, and Safegaurd, but they can't make a combiner Dreadwind and Darkwing doh!

These seem pretty odd, Ironmans altmode looklike it belongs in Starwars, while Spideys could be from Cybertron.

GoktimusPrime
18th January 2009, 10:32 PM
Spider-Man worked for Iron Man a couple of years ago, Iron Man even gave Spidey a special armor suit, until the Civil War crossover where things went bad. So while it makes sense in a way, it makes sense several years ago!

Of course, the gestalt form would make more sense if they actually became Iron Spider (http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Iron_Spider_Armor), but instead it just looks fail. (-_-)

dirge
19th January 2009, 07:57 PM
....why?

Golden Phoenix
20th January 2009, 12:08 AM
I like them. Bot as individual figure they look nice in both modes. Although with Spiderman's alt mode I would prefer the round parts that for the legs to be closer to the main bit of the helicopter.

The combined more is meh. I really hope they have mis-transformed the Biped mode and that it is supposed to be a humanoid robot

STL
20th January 2009, 12:51 AM
Looking solid! I love my jets and that Iron Man looks sweet. A lot of custom fodder here too. :D

GoktimusPrime
20th January 2009, 11:52 AM
....why?
Because some suckerdiscerning collector will buy them. ;)