PDA

View Full Version : Notice of some minor board changes.

griffin
20th January 2009, 04:12 AM
Just upgraded the board from v3.7.x to v3.8.0, so let me know if you have any problems in the next day (that aren't the regular evening drop-out like in the last few nights). Specifically, if you have any problems with the scripts, compatibility, styles, errors, etc.
The upgrade seems to be fairly minor, and I haven't seen anything too significant in this version over the 3.7 version. It just looks more like a scheduled upgrade version that covers previous bug fixes and patches (while generating a whole new set of bugs to be fixed), with a few added user frills thrown in.

griffin
20th January 2009, 01:43 PM
A couple of people have had log-in problems today, but only because there is a new security protocol in place. I won't go into the details because it would tip off people on the security flaw.
If you have a problem with logging on because your password no longer works, try to reset it, or enter in a password that is definitely not yours, so that it sends you a new one to your email. You should be able to change your password to whatever you want when you then log in.

griffin
23rd January 2009, 02:47 PM
If you are still having a problem with loggin in, and resetting your password isn't working because your contact email is not your current email, or you have a free-mail account that has issues with messageboard emails - please email me (DO NOT send a message through the board's contact link, because it will only have your incorrect email address as a contact). I can edit your email contact, which will then let you reset your password. If that still doesn't work, it should be possible for me to access your registration and change your password for you, but I've never tried it to be sure it can be done. Just remember, email me (griffin @ otca.com.au) directly from your email account, NOT through the board.