PDA

View Full Version : Convoy of Autobots on the set of TF2.

griffin
24th January 2009, 03:00 AM
A couple of photos taken covertly from a rooftop, of the filming of a scene from TF2. The 2 photos show a convoy of Autobots driving along a street. Includes Optimus, Ironhide, Bumblebee, and four new characters. The silver car (which I think will be Sideswipe), Purple car (could be Volt), and the red and green cars that are said to be 'the twins' (according to some sources, including the M&Ms promotion).
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-just-movie-31/autobots-cruising-down-the-highway-on-the-set-of-rotf-166656/
Original source:
http://www.behindthefilms.net/?p=1277

iceburn
24th January 2009, 09:39 AM
that's a very colourful convoy of cars....

GoktimusPrime
24th January 2009, 10:45 AM
It'll be more colourful once Hasbro starts working on repaints. ;) I wonder if TF2's Premium Series will feature pink instead baby blue. :p

jacksplatt11
24th January 2009, 10:46 AM
It'll be more colourful once Hasbro starts working on repaints. ;) I wonder if TF2's Premium Series will feature pink instead baby blue. :p

Thought you didn't look at spoilers, Gok

GoktimusPrime
24th January 2009, 10:49 AM
I didn't think there would be much spoilers on this thread... there visually are a bit since it shows the TF2 Autobots in car mode, but yeah... it's the risk I take from venturing into here. I rarely go into this section though.

But thanks for monitoring.

jacksplatt11
24th January 2009, 10:53 AM
Yeah, I thought so, just checking you didn't forget your "non-spoiler policy" ;)

Bartrim
24th January 2009, 12:21 PM
Interesting to see the size difference between the cars. The twins look quite small by comparasion.

griffin
24th January 2009, 09:32 PM
Well, (human) twins usually are smaller...
I like the convoy look to it. The first movie had it when they were heading for Mission City, and Bay loves doing those sort of shots. With the right music behind it, it can be really inspirational having the Autobots rolling in to the rescue. :)
I hope they have some of these vehicles on display again at BotCon this year. Even if it is just the vehicle mode, it is like being in the presence of a live Transformer.

FFN
24th January 2009, 10:19 PM
I still say that it's Total Fail that (to my knowledge) evidently nobody at BotCon 2007 had the idea to get Peter Cullen to sit inside the Prime truck, or hell, just stand next to it for photos.