PDA

View Full Version : New Toys & More retooling of existing toys...

Kyle
24th January 2009, 08:21 PM
http://www.the-arker.com/news_show.asp?info_id=1975

http://www.the-arker.com/news_show.asp?info_id=1976

http://www.the-arker.com/news_show.asp?info_id=1977

This new version of BB is a MUST-HAVE for me now...

MV75
24th January 2009, 08:33 PM
Human allies ride inside
Additional figures sold seperately.

Whoo. :D

Kyle
24th January 2009, 08:47 PM
BB's battle mask is removable too, awesome.

Lint
24th January 2009, 09:12 PM
I hope those character profiles are as reliable in accuracy as they usually are :p

FFN
24th January 2009, 09:21 PM
Bumblebee and Starscream aren't retools of existing figures at all. They're both totally new toolings. Only one is a retool, the remainder is a repaint ;) I would suggest that somebody change the topic so that people aren't confused or ignore/dismiss it "because they're only retools".

The rule seems to be, if you see "Mech Alive" on the back of a packaging, it means it's an all-new tooling.

Pipesqueak
24th January 2009, 10:01 PM
Starscream looks squat and ugly, definitely not an improvement over the Movie 1 mould.

Bumblebee looks interesting, I hope it's a voyager, I don't need another deluxe-size movie bumblebee.

Ironhide repaint looks lame in grey.

FFN
24th January 2009, 10:13 PM
Starscream looks squat and ugly, definitely not an improvement over the Movie 1 mould.

Bumblebee looks interesting, I hope it's a voyager, I don't need another deluxe-size movie bumblebee.

Ironhide repaint looks lame in grey. Definitely not an improvement? Have you seen the 2007 Starscream mold? :p This one is more accurate (VASTLY so in vehicle mode) and he has hands now.

I think Ironhide is still matte black. Then again, these are some pretty bad photos.

griffin
24th January 2009, 10:25 PM
Editted title to reflect the new BBee toy (at least). Still not sure if the Starscream toy is entirely new...
If that Starscream is an entirely new mould/design, I can't believe they had 2 years to come up with something that looks more like the starfish from Spongebob Squarepants...
They did a nice job with the new Optimus toy, and the new BBee looks nice, but Starscream in robot mode looks terrible. Especially the big flat body and spindly legs sticking out the bottom.

Autocon
24th January 2009, 10:47 PM
so is this BB the Ultimate or deluxe?
you think iron hide will have that in the movie?

there will be more figures i see, i wonder if they will come with vehicles

BRING ON MAY!!!!!!!!!

Hereticpoo
24th January 2009, 11:07 PM
Wowers like Kyle said BB is a must.

Mental note Hpoo: Be patient, wait till you see Takara's....and Maybe even wait for the 'premium' scam. :)

EDIT: Is that Megatron in BB's box art, the picture in the background of the boxed BB? Maybe we will see him.... :eek:

FFN
24th January 2009, 11:22 PM
Editted title to reflect the new BBee toy (at least). Still not sure if the Starscream toy is entirely new...
If that Starscream is an entirely new mould/design, I can't believe they had 2 years to come up with something that looks more like the starfish from Spongebob Squarepants...
They did a nice job with the new Optimus toy, and the new BBee looks nice, but Starscream in robot mode looks terrible. Especially the big flat body and spindly legs sticking out the bottom. I think the new Starscream transforms back-to-front compared to the old toy.

On the last toy, the cockpit slid up from the front of the plane to the back of the plane, which meant the front of the plane was the bottom of his torso. On this toy, it looks like the back of the plane is the bottom of his torso, with the cockpit just turning around. You can see his vertical stabilizers/rear tail fins folding in half and down to become his crotch plates.

Whomever posed the legs in these box photos pushed his double-jointed knees down too far. Starscream's design has a more upright stance than that.

Mental note Hpoo: Be patient, wait till you see Takara's It's possible TakaraTomy will just release Hasbro's stuff again.

liegeprime
24th January 2009, 11:38 PM
Im just after the "Sam" figure, hopefully there's a Mikaela too, and "Mojo":D

Bumbleb33
24th January 2009, 11:55 PM
NEW Bumblebee! OMG YES! Whats one more when you already have 12 from the first line? :D
Can I just say I really like this new sculpt of Starscream and I believe people's reaction to the legs is pre-emptive this is one photo. Furthermore he has hands! But hopefully this time round we will see a leader class Starscream as well. I can see this line is going to hurt my pocket with so many awesome additions already! :D

jaydisc
25th January 2009, 02:09 AM
Very cool stuff. I don't think I can turn down that Ironhide either as that BFG looks great in robot mode.

lcz128
25th January 2009, 09:57 AM
wow. That's actually pretty awesome :D

MV75
25th January 2009, 10:28 AM
Bumblebee should be deluxe. It's in a movie scene box afterall.

Ironhide looks like they just added a tray mount. Big deal.

Screamer does look much different, I reckon the jet looks much better and it does look like he's got hands this time. I might look out for that one.

But yea, with these improvements, I'd be happy to suggest everone wait until the 3rd movie to see how much better yet again these toys will get. :)

FFN
25th January 2009, 11:48 AM
Ironhide has more accurate cannons now. The old one just sorta looked like his movie cannons.

SilverDragon
25th January 2009, 01:35 PM
I am really liking the patterning on Starscream's jet mode.

griffin
25th January 2009, 04:20 PM
I don't like the gimmick of having the symbols painted on the toys, because we haven't seen any yet on the actual vehicles being filmed. And even if they did make it a plot device to have symbols painted over them, it'd just spoil the look of the vehicle modes. I think they are spoiling the toys, just to make the toys look more gimmicky with the Egyptian theme. If it isn't movie accurate having the symbols on them, maybe Takara will leave them off...

Defcon
25th January 2009, 07:16 PM
Im just after the "Sam" figure, hopefully there's a Mikaela too, and "Mojo":D

It will be interesting if there are indeed others :D these action figures are nice to show the scale of the transformers. Even better if they interact as well. Like been able to sit inside in vehicle mode for example.

Gutsman Heavy
25th January 2009, 07:17 PM
the pattern on SS make me think that there is another fig comming, and this one is going for a different look to try and prevent all the figs looking the same.

read: I hope there is a leader SS comming :)

FFN
25th January 2009, 08:49 PM
I don't like the gimmick of having the symbols painted on the toys, because we haven't seen any yet on the actual vehicles being filmed. And even if they did make it a plot device to have symbols painted over them, it'd just spoil the look of the vehicle modes. I think they are spoiling the toys, just to make the toys look more gimmicky with the Egyptian theme. If it isn't movie accurate having the symbols on them, maybe Takara will leave them off... According to Alex Milne, the glyph symbols on Starscream were from the movie production, so at least he has a reason. Yeah, I figure the others are gimmicks.

As for Takara, it depends on how much independence they want in the movie line. Their 2007 line was almost the same as Hasbro's, aside from the first Bumblebee, some packaging changes for the FABs, and Premium Battle Mode Prime, IIRC.

Tallestblue
26th January 2009, 02:33 AM
EEEEEEE!!! Sam! ...tho it means i bought that Mutt Williams for no reason now...hey...are they the same mold?

FFN
26th January 2009, 05:37 AM
I doubt it. This figure seems much less detailed and articulated than an average Hasbro 3'3/4" figure, so it's probably much smaller.

You can still use the Mutt figure with that 1:18 die cast Camaro Concept TRU sells.

Stompy
26th January 2009, 05:19 PM
That new Bumblebee and new Starscream look ace. I agree with FFN, it's a brand new mould. Way too much differences with the original SS mould plus the new gimmick of spinning gears has to be worked into the chest.

The repaints are ok. At least Ironhide has a new weapon and armed in alt mode. OP looks the same but I hope the paintjob is as good as premium.

Lord_Zed
26th January 2009, 09:33 PM

Ironhide repaint looks lame in grey.

I also must disagree, that New Starscream is a way... way better than the first one, yes he's squat but his jet mode looks like a jet not a tank, and he has hands 2 things the original Starscream did not have. I'd also rather Bumblebee is not a voyager (though he probably is) who really wants another oversizes Bumblebee.

Anyways these are all photoshopped pics, I reserve final judgment till we see the real thing.

STL
26th January 2009, 11:49 PM
Wanna see better pics but I can't say I'm totally enthused by this. I love the Ironhide gun but it feels like a large price to pay for an accessory. The alt mode paint job doesn't do it for me either tho the robot mode does.

BB is a must.

Starscream is a "b/c I have to".

The more I see of this, the more I wonder how many movie toys I'll be buying this time 'round. My suspicions are significantly less.

sifun
27th January 2009, 10:26 AM
i'm thinking there will be premium editions of these toys... Maybe should wait..

NoenGaruth
27th January 2009, 12:37 PM
BB is also a must for me, same for Screamer. Ironhide is instant pass since I have the first one.

What baffles me tho is that why didnt they make the Ramjet and Skywarp repaints for this new mold rather than the old ugly one? (Since I'll be passing them both for that very reason)

FFN
27th January 2009, 05:28 PM
I have a feeling Ramjet and Skywarp are store exclusives, which they didn't want to waste a new mold upon.

Autocon
27th January 2009, 08:35 PM
NEW Bumblebee! OMG YES! Whats one more when you already have 12 from the first line? :D
Can I just say I really like this new sculpt of Starscream and I believe people's reaction to the legs is pre-emptive this is one photo. Furthermore he has hands! But hopefully this time round we will see a leader class Starscream as well. I can see this line is going to hurt my pocket with so many awesome additions already! :D

12? tries to count..

cant wait till may $200 gift card ready at hand devilcon

FFN
28th January 2009, 04:37 AM
New pics of Bumblebee with Sam
http://www.the-arker.com/bbs2/dispbbs.asp?boardid=10&id=332&star=1&page=1

Newer pics of Starscream's box
http://www.the-arker.com/bbs2/dispbbs.asp?boardID=10&ID=330&page=1

jaydisc
29th January 2009, 09:11 AM
What's with that last pic:

http://lindalane.com/temporary/tf/bbv8.jpg

Looks like he just cracked open a can of V or V8. WTF?

Paulbot
29th January 2009, 12:50 PM
What's with that last pic:

http://lindalane.com/temporary/tf/bbv8.jpg

Looks like he just cracked open a can of V or V8. WTF?

OMG! They killed Dispensor! :eek:

:D

griffin
30th January 2009, 04:32 AM
More of Bumblebee:
http://www.the-arker.com/bbs2/dispbbs.asp?boardID=10&ID=334&page=1
http://www.the-arker.com/bbs2/dispbbs.asp?boardID=10&ID=333&page=1