PDA

View Full Version : TMNT 25th Anniversary

Paulbot
25th January 2009, 11:39 AM
At Toy Kingdom yesterday I found the 25th Anniversary TMNT (http://www.tmnt25.com/home.html) toys for $18 each

These toys are rereleases of the original Playmate TMNT toys from around 1990. They only had the four Turtles but the back of the box showed all the original wave toys as well (Splinter, April, Shredder, Bebop, Rocksteady, Foot Solider, with Casey Jones and Slash from the later waves included as well).

The packaging (http://www.flickr.com/photos/terrible2z/3195704069/) is pretty much the same as the originals, so seeing them on the shelves was nostalgic for me as I was a TMNT nut back in 1990 (which 11 year old boy wasn't?) but I have all these toys (except Slash) so won't be buying them.

It does make me wish though that now that TMNT and GIJoe have anniversary toys in their classic packaging that Transformers could have done this as well. Encore comes close but you can't go into a local toy shop and see a bunch of them on the shelf.

liegeprime
25th January 2009, 12:07 PM
Im hoping they sell the mutant ooze separate with no Figures along. I think they did back then, sorta like a refill tub :D these classic figures litter Parramatta Fair Paulbot. Did you happen to see some when you attended last time? There was heaps in the last one and luckily I browsed thru em, found me a shoulder pad and weapon for Bomb burst hidden within the piles of loose TMNT weapons

I know what you mean about TF encores not littering shelves like a common toy. Sigh, Hasbro has control of Aus market TF wise. Unlike say, Singapore - TF heaven. Its almost the same in Philippines as there is a whole floor of hobby shops in one Old major shopping center, kinda like China square central where the sellers are hobbyists themselves so its littered with all manner of vintage and new items TFs and other toys as well.

Paulbot
25th January 2009, 02:05 PM
The pics from the Singapore stores of TF stocks are great, and while I know Encores won't come out here, it would have been nice that if Hasbro were going to release classic toys (like they did with G1 Prime) the packaging could match.

I didn't really notice TMNT toys at any of the fairs, my interest in those toys wasn't sustained, but it was good to see them on the shelves again as it brought back a lot of memories.

Robzy
25th January 2009, 02:38 PM
Cool! I didn't realise they were re-issuing these! I've already got them all in perfect condition, but it's great news for others though! :)

Actually, rather coincidentally, I just picked up the new NECA Michelangelo figure yesterday, and it's freaking awesome like the other 3!

Omega Supreme
25th January 2009, 04:19 PM
Very cool that this stuff is getting rereleased, hopefully now I can get some other sealed figs to go with my lonely Krang.

Is Toy Kingdom the only place in Oz these have been spotted ?

liegeprime
26th January 2009, 09:38 AM
I wish Ghostbusters Toys were reissued as well. I so want those slime user ghosts!

Robzy
26th January 2009, 12:37 PM
I wish Ghostbusters Toys were reissued as well. I so want those slime user ghosts!+1000 :eek: :o

At least the new game is coming out in a few months!

loophole
26th January 2009, 05:00 PM
wicked, hopefully now they will release a decent DVD sets of the original show. I was also silly enough to get rid of my original ninja turtles so reissues here i come

Gutsman Heavy
26th January 2009, 05:47 PM
oh boy oh boy oh boy

lcz128
27th January 2009, 10:16 AM
any pics, paulbot?
Having a look at the pix now :b

Robzy
7th February 2009, 03:23 PM
Here's some pics of the next wave of figures for the 25th Anniversary line... (http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=album&album=09_NYCC%2FPlaymates%2FTMNT%2F&start=0)

Including the new deluxe "life-sized" April for Adult collectors ;) (seen below)
http://i.toynewsi.com/g/albums/09_NYCC/Playmates/TMNT//277.jpg
:D

Looks like they're re-releasing heaps of the figures, and not just the main characters after all!

Yikes - TMNT, Transformers & Ghostbusters are all celebrating 25th Anniversaries in 2009!!! It could be a very expensive year!! :eek: :eek:

loophole
7th February 2009, 03:40 PM
that is awesome cause at the moment im going through a bit of TMNT craze so this should be good to get the old figures again but brand new lets just hope the QC is better than a certain other toy company

Gutsman Heavy
7th February 2009, 05:46 PM
damn, when will these bastards start rocking up locally!?

Lord_Zed
8th February 2009, 10:44 PM
I can't believe there releasing the Turtle Van, that was one of the most dissapointing toys I ever got as a kid, it was nothing like the one in the tv show damnit!!:mad:

I guess it will make collectors happy, but If I new any young Turtlefans I would steer them away from that toy.

roller
8th February 2009, 11:59 PM
the nice comic shop girl managed to get the Star trek crossover Leonardo at the last nexus fare, lucky i didnt get there first

with the new star trek movie it would be nice to see those crosssover toys re released

Omega Supreme
9th February 2009, 07:50 AM
I can't believe there releasing the Turtle Van, that was one of the most dissapointing toys I ever got as a kid, it was nothing like the one in the tv show damnit!!:mad:

I guess it will make collectors happy, but If I new any young Turtlefans I would steer them away from that toy.

Agreed about the van, they should have went with the blimp, mine has a hole in it!

Robzy
9th February 2009, 09:21 AM
At least the Turtle Party Wagon (from the 80s) had some fun "play" value for kids... it was better than the 2003 Battle Shell - that thing was so poorly designed and just boring IMO!

Personally, I'd rather see the Technodrome re-released!

i_amtrunks
9th February 2009, 09:46 AM
I don't think I'll be able to resist the four turtles, all my originals that were in good knick were obliterated once I passed them down to the cousins.

I loved the turtle blimp, it was a pain in the butt to store, as you had to deflate it everytime, and I'd love a technodrome, always wanted one as a kid.

Gutsman Heavy
9th February 2009, 03:00 PM
Why did I give my technodrome away? WHYYYYYYY!?

griffin
9th February 2009, 04:25 PM
I thought TMNT toys came out with the cartoon around 1989? Shouldn't this be a 20th Anniversary, or are they talking about the original comic anniversary, and labelling the 20yo toyline reissue as 25?

Paulbot
9th February 2009, 04:39 PM
I thought TMNT toys came out with the cartoon around 1989? Shouldn't this be a 20th Anniversary, or are they talking about the original comic anniversary, and labelling the 20yo toyline reissue as 25?

It celebrates 25 years of TMNT (not 25 years of the toys).

loophole
14th February 2009, 06:32 PM
Picked up Michelangelo today and for $20 im pretty happy with that :D

Gutsman Heavy
14th February 2009, 11:34 PM
WHERE!?

Robzy
15th February 2009, 01:52 AM
Yes... WHERE???

loophole
15th February 2009, 03:52 PM
Mt. Barker Toyworld they had about 3 dozen of them of the different turtles

Robzy
15th February 2009, 04:00 PM
Thanks! :) Just Turtles? Or did they have other characters there (Shredder, Splinter, etc...)?

loophole
15th February 2009, 04:26 PM
just turtles i think i didnt have much time to look through the massive batch of them

roller
15th February 2009, 05:00 PM
i do the best Shredder impersonation in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

i also do a pretty mean Krang

i_amtrunks
16th February 2009, 10:28 AM
i also do a pretty mean Krang

Is there any other way to portray Krang?

I hope these hit the larger stores soon, and don't become a Toyworld exclusive.

loophole
19th February 2009, 07:06 PM
i stocked tonight went to grab Leonardo for $20 but reduced for $17 instead woohoo

Robzy
19th February 2009, 09:10 PM
i stocked tonight went to grab Leonardo for $20 but reduced for $17 instead woohooCool!

I've checked the other Toyworlds and haven't found any of these yet! :(

loophole
19th February 2009, 09:18 PM
Cool!

I've checked the other Toyworlds and haven't found any of these yet! :(

yeah when i was toyworld tonight the amount of toys had almost halved i reckon prety amazing :eek:

roller
20th February 2009, 05:38 PM
i saw these in a WA toyworld today

they look great!!!

the nice retro packaging is really tempting me into buying them

only saw the turtles, id like April and Casey and shredder

rampagesss
24th February 2009, 07:06 PM
Might have to swing past toyworld after work and hopefully they have them :D

Robzy
24th February 2009, 09:20 PM
I've finally seen these in person... Yay! :D

Even though I already have them, I'm so tempted! They look great, and at $20 a pop - they really aren't too expensive for re-issues! (Especially considering that's a "Toyworld price" :eek:)

loophole
24th February 2009, 10:18 PM
did they just have the turtles?

Lint
24th February 2009, 10:46 PM
this is gonna be year of the gag gift for me. Have to go hunt my pal a casey jones

Gutsman Heavy
25th February 2009, 01:45 AM
oh boy I hope to pick some of these up at the adelaide meet!

Robzy
25th February 2009, 09:58 PM
did they just have the turtles?Yep, just turtles unfortunately. I hope they don't stop stocking the line before we get to see Shredder, Splinter, April, Casey, Bebop and Rocksteady!

kup
11th March 2009, 02:19 PM

That Turtle Van is actually improved. Its got a proper 'spring hinge rather than the crummy rubber band mine had for the seat.

GoktimusPrime
11th March 2009, 07:55 PM
I'm not a real TMNT fan anymore, but I'm really impressed with the designs and packaging of these toys. A lot better than what Hasbro does with their G1 reissues.

Lord_Zed
11th March 2009, 08:11 PM
That Turtle Van is actually improved. Its got a proper 'spring hinge rather than the crummy rubber band mine had for the seat.

Great, now all it needs are opening doors, a dashboard and steering wheel, and some internal detail and it might actualy be able to compete with Star Wars and GI Joe vehicles from the 80's. ;)

loophole
11th March 2009, 08:35 PM
yeah but its the turtle van, there will be 4 ninja kicking turtles ready to hop out and kick your a$$!!

Lord_Zed
11th March 2009, 09:38 PM
yeah but its the turtle van, there will be 4 ninja kicking turtles ready to hop out and kick your a$$!!

Not if I glue the roof shut, then they'll be trapped in there forever! :p

Gutsman Heavy
12th March 2009, 03:45 PM
Saw some DVDs of the orginal show at Big W, I assume they are the same as the R1 releases (which I have)

i_amtrunks
12th March 2009, 04:30 PM
Saw some DVDs of the orginal show at Big W, I assume they are the same as the R1 releases (which I have)

And how much were these specimens may I ask?

(I didnt even realise they were coming out!)

Gutsman Heavy
12th March 2009, 05:54 PM
about $18

Robzy
12th March 2009, 06:28 PM
Cool - DVDs!

I saw the reissue figures at Myer today, which surprised me! And *SHOCK* they were the same price as Toyworld! :eek:

SGB
12th March 2009, 07:08 PM
I spotted the reissues at my local TRU today for $19 each. I'm not a TMNT collector, but I am definitely going to pick them up.

I'd forgotten they came out today. Did the back of the packaging indicate if the DVDs have English subtitles for the deaf and hearing impaired?

i_amtrunks
13th March 2009, 11:25 AM
I spotted the reissues at my local TRU today for $19 each. I'm not a TMNT collector, but I am definitely going to pick them up.

GAH! for that price there is no way I can resist. I'm gonna be in trouble if I spot these guys...

Gutsman Heavy
13th March 2009, 01:43 PM

why cant I find the reissues! *SOB*

I'd forgotten they came out today. Did the back of the packaging indicate if the DVDs have English subtitles for the deaf and hearing impaired?

didn't take note, sorry. My R1 DVDs don't have any, so it don't look good...

SGB
13th March 2009, 04:00 PM
I spotted the TMNT DVDs today, they don't have any subtitles. Nuts.

My R1 DVDs don't have any, so it don't look good...
The R1 DVDs don't have subtitles but they do have captions. Unfortunately the captions are the type that can't be generated by DVD players. I can get the captions to load on my PC using Power DVD though.

Gutsman Heavy
18th March 2009, 04:42 PM
Nabbed the 4 Turtles thanks to a tip off from Robzy!

Robzy
18th March 2009, 09:27 PM
Great stuff! :)

rampagesss
22nd March 2009, 01:11 PM
Yea i got all 4 Turtles found them at Myer at TTP i think kmart or Big W had them aswell

Lint
22nd March 2009, 08:11 PM
I wish they would reissue the non-turtle bro's figures too

griffin
23rd March 2009, 03:45 AM
http://www.otca.com.au/09toyfair84.jpg

http://www.otca.com.au/09toyfair85.jpg

Pics are from Toy Fair. No info, details or close-ups - only had time to take the 2 photos.

Robzy
23rd March 2009, 11:44 AM
Thanks Griffin - I love those huge cut-outs of the old school Turtles! :eek:

i_amtrunks
23rd March 2009, 04:20 PM
Damn, was hoping that the Mini Mutants line might have been coming to a close...guess not.

(Those little buggers are hard to not buy).

Just Mike
23rd March 2009, 04:59 PM
4 turtles plus April, B-Bop, Rocksteady and Splinter now at K-Mart, $18.99. Still pretty expensive, but no way I could pass on Splinter, will wait for sale before getting the rest.

loophole
23rd March 2009, 06:13 PM
4 turtles plus April, B-Bop, Rocksteady and Splinter now at K-Mart, $18.99. Still pretty expensive, but no way I could pass on Splinter, will wait for sale before getting the rest.

YES!!! :D

Robzy
23rd March 2009, 08:53 PM
K-mart :eek:... Bring it on! :cool:

Gutsman Heavy
24th March 2009, 12:01 AM
Aww hells yeah!

Robzy
24th March 2009, 02:07 PM
Saw these myself today...

Gutsman Heavy
24th March 2009, 03:12 PM
I didn't! K-Mart TTP only got the turtles!

loophole
24th March 2009, 05:52 PM
where??

Robzy
24th March 2009, 06:16 PM
I didn't! K-Mart TTP only got the turtles!Sorry, that's what I meant... just the Turtles. I still haven't seen Splinter or the Goons! But I'll keep looking!

where??Firle!

:)

loophole
24th March 2009, 06:49 PM
Firle!

i should of guessed it

SGB
24th March 2009, 06:57 PM
Spotted the Turtles, Splinter, April and Rocksteady at Warrawong K-Mart today for $19 each.

Robzy
29th March 2009, 06:48 PM
I picked up the first 3 volumes (original series on DVD) from Kmart today!

loophole
29th March 2009, 08:20 PM
I picked up the first 3 volumes (original series on DVD) from Kmart today!

I picked up the first volume the other day cant go wrong for $13

Robzy
2nd April 2009, 05:27 PM
Finally found (and bought) Bebop, Rocksteady, Splinter & April at Myer today! Managed to get one figure for free too... Myer card special!

Gutsman Heavy
2nd April 2009, 05:36 PM
I got the remaining Bebop & Rocksteady from Myer TTP. Splinter & April will have to wait till I've got more cash. K-mart have jacked the price up to $22+

Robzy
2nd April 2009, 05:39 PM
K-mart have jacked the price up to $22+:confused: They scanned at $18.99 for me today!

Gutsman Heavy
2nd April 2009, 05:58 PM
:confused: They scanned at $18.99 for me today!

I'm only going by price tag, didn't actually check with a scanner

loophole
2nd April 2009, 08:27 PM
Toyworld have these on special atm for $14.99 each and have finally seen Beepop< Rocksteady and April

Robzy
2nd April 2009, 09:35 PM
Cool! :) That's what I paid for the 4 figures at Myer today - $15 each (They were having a promo: If you spent over $75 in one transaction they took $20 off the total)... I didn't even know about it, so it was a nice surprise! :D

Gutsman Heavy
6th April 2009, 08:14 PM
On sale for $14.95 at Myer starting tomorrow

SGB
6th April 2009, 08:34 PM
On sale for $14.95 at Myer starting tomorrow
Thanks for the heads-up! ;)

GoktimusPrime
6th April 2009, 09:18 PM
I've seen the Turtles and Rocksteady. Man, if I were still a TMNT fan I'd be all over these reissues - they're so freakishly accurate!! Each time I turn around and see them my heart jumps because I totally forget that they're reissues and for a split second I think, "holy crap! Original TMNT toys!!"

Hasbro could stand to learn a thing or two from Playmates here... you don't see Raphael with a pink bandana and shortened sais. ;)

Robzy
6th April 2009, 10:50 PM
Yeah, I love the original Turtles! I caved and bought Wave 2 (I imagine I'll probably end up buying Wave 1 this week too... I love turtles! I'm so weak! :o)

I really, really want Wave 3 though!... Shredder, Casey Jones, Foot Soldier & Slash! :eek:

Gutsman Heavy
6th April 2009, 11:15 PM
yeah need wave 3! I'm a tad confused about Slash as a reissue, he never was a big character, so why him over say that Sting Ray dude (Ray Fillet?) still I'll get him anyway!

I'll grab Splinter and April tomorrow if there's any at Myer.

Robzy
6th April 2009, 11:43 PM
Slash was never a major character... but he's a bit of a fan favourite (think Sunstorm ;))

Personally, I would've liked to have seen Baxter Stockman (the Fly version) reissued!

I also hope we get Krang's Android Body!

Gutsman Heavy
7th April 2009, 12:38 AM
Slash was never a major character... but he's a bit of a fan favourite (think Sunstorm ;))

makes sense then

Personally, I would've liked to have seen Baxter Stockman (the Fly version) reissued!

I'd be very shocked if he doesn't!

I also hope we get Krang's Android Body!

Oh yeah!

i_amtrunks
7th April 2009, 10:07 AM
Only seen Rocksteady, Bebop and April, for $19.98 at Kmart.
Had to reign myself in and not get them, it was made easier by me not having any of the turtles yet.

However if Krang's android body (hell even just Krang on the chair), Stockman or Leatherhead get a re-issue I'll be all over these.

Robzy
7th April 2009, 11:26 AM
However if Krang's android body (hell even just Krang on the chair), Stockman or Leatherhead get a re-issue I'll be all over these.
There's a picture of a Krang figure (just the brain) on the back of the packaging. He's very close to Shredder, so I'm assuming he'll come with him as a "bonus".

It kinda looks like a new mould though...

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk199/sunglikeahorse/TMNTcardback.jpg

i_amtrunks
7th April 2009, 12:16 PM
How did I not notice that?

Tiny Krang is definitely new, he's so small I am surprised he is not a chocking hazard... Hope it doenst dash either Android or robot Chair krnag.

Gutsman Heavy
7th April 2009, 02:28 PM
picked up April and Splinter, didn't scan at sale price but got there in the end!

TRU also has them (wave 1&2), no price tag.

SGB
7th April 2009, 05:57 PM
For how long are Myer selling the TMNT figs at $14.95?

Didn't get the chance to pop in to my local Myer today, so I'd hate to have missed out on the sale if it was for one day only.

twincobra
13th April 2009, 09:19 PM
I found wave 1 and 2 at k-mart wil buy wave 2 this week hopefully, the origional turtles hold up well.

Robzy
15th April 2009, 09:25 AM
TMNT reissues are on sale at Toyworld for the same price now ($14.95)

hotaru_oz
15th April 2009, 10:09 PM
how the hell did I miss this?
I'm very tempted to get these since my original turtles no longer have there weopans or belts lol

Robzy
29th April 2009, 07:08 PM
Just noticed that Kmart has reduced the normal price of these now... $15.80 or something from memory! I've also noticed that a lot of Kmarts have finally got Wave 2 out, which means hopefully we'll see Wave 3 sometime soon!

i_amtrunks
30th April 2009, 08:57 AM
Just noticed that Kmart has reduced the normal price of these now... $15.80 or something from memory! I've also noticed that a lot of Kmarts have finally got Wave 2 out, which means hopefully we'll see Wave 3 sometime soon!

Is wave two Bebop, Rocksteady and April? They are the only ones I have seen... Who's coming up in wave three?

Gutsman Heavy
30th April 2009, 01:28 PM
Is wave two Bebop, Rocksteady and April? They are the only ones I have seen... Who's coming up in wave three?

and Splinter

wave 3 is: Shredder with mini Krang, Slash, Foot Soldier

Robzy
30th April 2009, 02:31 PM
and Splinter

wave 3 is: Shredder with mini Krang, Slash, Foot Soldier
and Casey Jones ;)

Gutsman Heavy
30th April 2009, 05:54 PM
and Casey Jones ;)

damn I KNEW I was missing one...

Sky Shadow
2nd May 2009, 11:00 AM
mini Krang

I'd be tempted by Krang. I only ever saw a carded Krang twice during his original release. One of those times I passed on him to buy Action Master Shockwave - the other was during a hectic 1990 Christmas rush.

SGB
6th May 2009, 08:09 PM
When does Wave 3 come out?

Robzy
8th May 2009, 01:07 AM
Not sure... I don't think they're even out in the US yet.

primatives
3rd February 2010, 10:04 PM
anyone interested the 1989 cartoon vol 7-9 DVD is out :)

Also a movie that came out with old turtles and the new ones in the same movie called Turtles Forever

Paulbot
3rd February 2010, 10:18 PM
This thread's been dead for a while. Did Wave 3 ever come out here? Slash is the only figure from this line I never got as a kid. I've notice Wave 2 everywhere and was just the other day at Target looking to see if there was a Slash amongst them. I dont really need a new TMNT toy since I'm not even sure where my 90s ones are!

Gutsman Heavy
4th February 2010, 12:50 AM
I don't think wave 3 popped up at all, BBTS never got them.

primatives
4th February 2010, 12:34 PM
apparantly casey jones will not be releaseed shredder slash and the foot have

Lint
4th February 2010, 02:27 PM
apparantly casey jones will not be releaseed shredder slash and the foot have

boooo, we want casey

i_amtrunks
4th February 2010, 03:48 PM
No wave three released here, and if playmates are indeed cancelling TMNT toy releases this year, I doubt we will see them.

Turtles forever was awesomesauce, I watched it on Youtube, it's down nicely, the "new" Hun is cool!

Robzy
4th February 2010, 05:31 PM
Although we didn't get the next wave, the US got the Turtle's Party Wagon. It hasn't been released here though. I would have bought one for sure, but who knows what's going on with TMNT ever since Peter Laird sold the intellectual property rights to Nickelodeon!

There's been a bit of "talk" about the Playmates line on the net over the past 3 months... the same goes for the Neca line... ie, Comic book Shredder! :eek: There's no official word yet on what exactly is going on in the TMNT world. It almost seems like some one in charge has fallen asleep or forgotten to follow through with their grand plans. I think (hope) we may here more... how soon, though, is the big, sad question! :(

Robzy
14th February 2010, 11:17 PM
Just saw "Turtles Forever". Man, that was absolutely awesome!! Highly recommended - it's great fun! :)

rampagesss
19th March 2010, 12:47 PM
well if you look here (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/toyark/202115-tmnt-25th-anni-reissues-5.html) at post #113 the 3rd wave has come out in the US so hopefully we should get them soon :D

Robzy
19th March 2010, 04:29 PM
well if you look here (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/toyark/202115-tmnt-25th-anni-reissues-5.html) at post #113 the 3rd wave has come out in the US so hopefully we should get them soon :DIndeed... tis great news!!

The only thing that worries me that we won't see them here in Oz, is that most stores carrying this line have heaps of them which don't seem to be moving. I went to Target the other day and they were all on clearance for $5 each!! :eek:

i_amtrunks
24th March 2010, 11:17 AM
Just saw "Turtles Forever". Man, that was absolutely awesome!! Highly recommended - it's great fun! :)

It was a great special episode.

The only negative I keep hearing about it is 90's cartoon Leonardo's voice actor, and thats really not a big deal.

Robzy
28th May 2010, 12:58 PM
Fan-friggin-tastic! :rolleyes:

As if Transformers and A Nightmare on Elm St wasn't enough, here's another one of my favourite franchises Michael Bay's going to ruin... (http://www.firstshowing.net/2010/05/27/michael-bays-platinum-dunes-takes-control-over-tmnt-movie/)

:rolleyes:

Gutsman Heavy
28th May 2010, 01:52 PM
balls

Sky Shadow
28th May 2010, 02:00 PM

As if Transformers and A Nightmare on Elm St wasn't enough, here's another one of my favourite franchises Michael Bay's going to ruin... (http://www.firstshowing.net/2010/05/27/michael-bays-platinum-dunes-takes-control-over-tmnt-movie/)

As bad as I'm already imagining this to be, I know that Bay will find a way to make it worse.

"Four Navy Seals who graduated at the top of their class before they were twenty. An elite team - called the Turtles, codenamed after renaissance painters. Leonardo. Michaelangelo. Raphael. Donatello. So good at their job that people call them 'the mutants'. But they're not, they're just humans who are the best they can be. The Teenage Mutant Navy Turtles.

Coming soon to a theatre near you."

Robzy
28th May 2010, 02:35 PM
Lol, yeah :p

I won't be surprised if April is played by some smokin' hot chick who has never done a day of acting in her life. And he'll probably get little Shia to play Casey Jones! Aw, how cute... I can hear his dialogue already, "Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait! Whoah! Whoa! Whoa! Turtles? You're Turtles? C'mon, you gotta be sh!ttin' me!"

I love that Bay & Co. are going to "stay true to the source material" from the original comics (I betcha April will still be a news reporter though :rolleyes:).

Hmmm... staying true to the source material..... I'm sure I've heard that before... *cough* Transformers *cough* Friday the 13th :rolleyes:

loophole
28th May 2010, 11:23 PM

damn it to hell, that sux!!

Sky Shadow
5th June 2010, 12:25 PM
Re: Michael Bay and... well... alligators. http://xkcd.com/748/

Jay-Tron
25th February 2021, 06:15 PM
Well the original Turtle toys are getting another re release. Meanwhile the original He-man toys were re released only once and that was 20 years ago now.

G1Optimal
25th March 2021, 03:35 PM
This may not be the thread to put it in but, PizzaHut in australia have got pizzas covered in ranch mutagen (ranch coloured green)

Leonardo is Pepperoni Lovers
Donatello is Cheese Lovers
Rapheal is Meatlovers
Michealagelo is Hawiian
Splinter is Supreme

Paulbot
25th March 2021, 06:45 PM
This may not be the thread to put it in but, PizzaHut in australia have got pizzas covered in ranch mutagen (ranch coloured green)

Leonardo is Pepperoni Lovers
Donatello is Cheese Lovers
Rapheal is Meatlovers
Michealagelo is Hawiian
Splinter is Supreme

Just looked it up (https://www.pizzahut.com.au/menu/pizza/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-range) and that is odd... Why the retro tie-in? 31 years since TMNT first launched in Australia?

(I started this thread started a long time ago!)

griffin
18th June 2022, 09:24 PM
They are certainly pushing out the retro TMNT toys again now, as I saw at a Toyworld near me this week, not just the classic action figures, but the two big classic vehicles, the Turtle Van and the Turtle Blimp...

http://toycollectors.com.au/2022tw10.jpg

They also had a LOT of special themed box sets (not in the photo).