PDA

View Full Version : Valentine's Day

Paulbot
28th January 2009, 02:35 PM
From the Console wars thread

Big W had that same package that EB Games has now, but was only $229. Those were all pre New Year's eve / New Year's deals though. But I'm sure they will have other deals for the coming Valentine's Day maybe? :)

Yes those are better deals. I will hold off but think I will go a XBOX when I upgrade. Hmm do I love myself enough to buy it myself a present for Valentine's Day. :D

It's just two weeks away! (A friendly reminder for those of you who are married/engaged/partnered/going steady)

sifun
29th January 2009, 09:38 AM
Valentines Day = singles awareness day.
Makes me sick and sad.

time to buy myself some sought of present to make up for it.
Xbox360 perhaps?

Kyle
30th January 2009, 10:49 AM
I hope there'll be many many new TF toys at retail on Valentines day for loney loney guys like me. :D

GoktimusPrime
30th January 2009, 02:34 PM
Valentines Day also equals big spendage day for couples. And yeah, guilt trip for singles.
It's a lousy day for everyone IMO... just a gimmick to sell chocolates etc.

Paulbot
30th January 2009, 02:44 PM
I say it's a lousy day... but if someone sent me a Valentine or bought me chocolates I would change my mind. :o

loophole
30th January 2009, 04:57 PM
Makes me sick and sad.

+1

Golden Phoenix
30th January 2009, 06:32 PM
Sigh
My wallet doesnt like this day, because it gets into confrontation with other parts.
If the wallet doesn't spend, I'll get in trouble, and if I'm in trouble then I ain't getting any special treatment

autobreadticon
30th January 2009, 06:42 PM
I'm gonna make a 'free hug' thread for any1 wanting a manhug from me on VD

dirge
31st January 2009, 09:48 AM
Makes me sick and sad.

Yeah I've always hated this. Stores push really hard to get those in relationships to spend money, not caring about the fact that it makes the lonely feel even worse about their situation.

<huggles>

Valentines Day also equals big spendage day for couples. And yeah, guilt trip for singles.
It's a lousy day for everyone IMO... just a gimmick to sell chocolates etc.

Heh. We've already decided we'll just spend the day together at home - just enjoy each other's company, rather than go and buy overpriced roses/flowers and try find a booking at some restaurant just so we can be herded out like cattle for the next booking. I don't mind spending money on my girlfriend, but not because someone tells me I have to.

I say it's a lousy day... but if someone sent me a Valentine or bought me chocolates I would change my mind. :o

I'd buy you chocolates but they'd melt in the mail.

<huggles>

llamatron
31st January 2009, 08:17 PM
Valentine's Day is stupid and dumb. We don't celebrate it or acknowledge it.

Me and some buddies are going out to WHITE TRASH CENTRAL aka Sizzlers instead. I'mma gonna eat so much ice cream I think I will puke.

liegeprime
31st January 2009, 09:12 PM
Meh Valentines for me this year is more of a reminder... only a few more hours and its Parramatta Fair day! :D:D Now that's where ill spend some moolah.

Omega Supreme
3rd February 2009, 09:23 PM
Meh Valentines for me this year is more of a reminder... only a few more hours and its Parramatta Fair day! :D:D Now that's where ill spend some moolah.

Yeah its a reminder for me to, be really nice to the Mrs so I can go to the fair :P

kup
3rd February 2009, 09:48 PM
Is it what day now?

Wheel-J
4th February 2009, 12:01 AM
http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/Wheel-J/DSC02948-1.gif

:D

King Atlas
4th February 2009, 12:15 AM
Cheer up guys. It's just a silly tradition :)

liegeprime
4th February 2009, 08:16 AM
Is it what day now?

Valentines day this year is a Saturday... Parramatta Fair is the next day , the 15th. So all them fanboys wanting to splurge at the fair better be good the day before or end up with an upset missus and you'd have to spend that fair day trying to smooth things out rather than in the fair itself hheheeh.
:D

GoktimusPrime
4th February 2009, 08:48 AM
Nice one Wheel-J! :D

Kyle
6th February 2009, 04:42 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singles_Awareness_Day

TF76
6th February 2009, 05:29 PM
SAD

Thanatos
6th February 2009, 05:39 PM
Valentines Day is my mothers Birthday, so even if I'm single one year, there's someone to give a present to anyway. Yippee. :|

kup
6th February 2009, 05:40 PM
At the Parra Fair I am going greet people with 'Happy SAD'. :)