PDA

View Full Version : Official pictures of Classics 2.0

STL
30th January 2008, 09:07 AM
http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/universe/default.cfm?page=News/Item&newsID=A795A47F-D56F-E112-48649ACADFB6ADDC

Okay, Powerglide may look the weakest of the moulds, but why on EARTH is anyone complaining about these?

roller
30th January 2008, 09:26 AM
haahahaha take that exclusive club, Roller sees them pictures

with his eyes

they located beneath my eyebrows!!!!

Saintly
30th January 2008, 09:30 AM
ooooooh I think I just wet my pants! LOL! mmmmm

powerglide don't look too shabby at all!

stencilator
30th January 2008, 09:31 AM
I agree... if I'd seen wave 2 earlier then I wouldn't have sold all my wave 1 classics. I think this line is getting better and better. I love Prowl as the nissan. After seeing the infiltration comics I thought that Alternators Prowl might be this mould. I like them.

1orion2many
30th January 2008, 09:42 AM
:DI'm a very happy person now, I have nothing negative to say about the second lot of classics that are coming out and finally a decent Powerglide. Now if they just release that Cosmos as a classic I will be joining Saintly in the pants wetting excercise:D.

Trailer Park Ninja
30th January 2008, 09:49 AM
I'm liking what I see....can't wait for these to come out. Incidentally, when in the year do we expect to see these? Anyone know roughly whereabouts in the year? :confused:

Paulbot
30th January 2008, 09:57 AM
I think the Club members get to see the fully painted toys.

I love Sunstreaker and await Sideswipe. Two of my all-time favourite characters getting their best toys :)

Prowl looks good (and with that spoiler I can see the Smokescreen repaint already, and they could fake a Jazz out of it too quite easily)

Tankor/Octane completely exceeds my expectations. Sure the jet's a bit bulky in the booty but it's better than the original and pulls off the three modes well, better than Astrotrain's shuttle mode IMO.

I'm not too sure about Powerglide. Because of "realistic nature of the Classic Series" (the what?) he's going to be more silver than red. Takara you can have my money if you paint it all red with grey arms. Shame about the engines on the chest instead of the feet.

Onslaught's vehicle mode is off but the robot mode is an excellent update of the original. Again this would look better with the classic colours than what I think it's getting.

iceburn
30th January 2008, 10:10 AM
Looking good... yummy

TheDirtyDigger
30th January 2008, 10:28 AM
Yeah...freaking awesome!!!:):cool::):cool::)

Pipesqueak
30th January 2008, 10:45 AM
Very happy with these, especially Prowl, Sunstreaker and Octane. Seeing as his truck mode got shafted in G1, it's nice to see that this time Octane gets a kickass truck mode with a slightly compromised - but still very nice - plane mode.

Still having a few problems coming to terms with ultras, especially for Powerglide. He might have to sit on another shelf so as not to detract from Jetfire.

jaydisc
30th January 2008, 11:22 AM
These are awesome. I'm only disappointed at how far away they are.

Robzy
30th January 2008, 11:23 AM
Man, these look awesome :eek: :D

Soundwarp
30th January 2008, 11:24 AM
OMFG Awesome!!!!!!

I am so damm excited!!!

Octane (Tankor) Is sex on wheels!!!!

kup
30th January 2008, 11:37 AM
These look Awesome!

Sunstreaker: He doesn't look as good as the concept art and a bit of a rehash of different designs styles put into one but I still like it as its a decent interpretation of the Sunstreaker character. I don't liike the ridged roof however and its good to see that the engine block goes further back, not on top of the roof.

Prowl: Excellent all round. His vehicle mode is awesome and the Robot mode reflects his original toy superbly. It even looks as if it transforms similarly to his G1 toy!

Octane: I prefered the concept art better than the final figure as I don't like how an accessory is such a crucial component to one of the alt modes and the figure does have a lot of kibble in robot mode. Having said that it is still a very nice figure an a HUGE improvement over the original so I am liking it.

Powerglide: He is a HUGE departure from the original in terms of complexity and design but I have to say that I am liking this mold. I like it mainly because despite the complexity and size I do see the character of powerglide in it and the way the wings transform and the similar to G1 plane mode make excellent tributes to the G1 minibot toy. I hope that Hasbro colors him right with good amounts of red as the tribute could be lost with a bad paint job such as Onslaught's.

I am so glad I was wrong about this. I was expecting a repaint from a Cybertron mold instead and we got ourselves a worthy Powerglide toy instead. :p

Onslaught: Having seen his alt mode I am leaning more toward liking this mold as a tribute to Onslaught. However the colors chosen and the SWAT team decals placed on it like the picture we saw earlier hurt the tribute to G1 Onslaught in my view. If they had given him a more militaristic paint job similar to his g1 self without SWAT team stickers, I would have been more accepting of this figure.

Overall: Excellent job Hasbro! Keep this up and don't ruin the execution (paint jobs & QC) and you may manage toconvert me to the Dark side :p
________
Hotels In Mexico (http://mexicohoteles.org)

i_amtrunks
30th January 2008, 11:58 AM
Sunstreaker looks far better on the Hasbro site than what was seen from the collectors club.

Prowl is easily the best of the lot, with Onslaught pushing the Classics boundary, but not in a bad way at all.

Tankor and Powerglide are both very different to what I was expecting, but again, not in a bad way.

Guess I'll be forking out for these guys.

iceburn
30th January 2008, 12:03 PM
Note: Sunstreaker has his gun now with the mould

lcz128
30th January 2008, 12:08 PM
Wow! I'm actually pretty impressed by these! :D
I had no idea what to expect, but I really am liking what's been revealed so far! :D

Bartrim
30th January 2008, 01:02 PM
Prowl is definitely the best of the bunch. He looks awesome.

I'm actually not that keen on Sunstreaker.

hanprimus
30th January 2008, 01:06 PM
SUNSTREAKER - now that's a lambo! (looks like it to me) :p

sifun
30th January 2008, 04:55 PM
I think sunstreaker looked alot better there in hardcopy prototype than the preview color.. I think the preview one was mistransformed a whole heap.
My verdict will have to wait til i see the final product..

Everything else looks ace. except powerglide.

Thanatos
30th January 2008, 05:03 PM
This is the most exciting news. I really like the molds, hell, even Octane has been pulled off well. The Alt form for our buddy Onslaught might be a little... different, but damned if the robot mode isn't brilliant.

Prowl is of course my favourite, and I'm extremely happy that we have a new mold for Powerglide, not just another Wing Saber :D

GoktimusPrime
30th January 2008, 05:12 PM
They look kewlage!

...it really sucks how they're calling Octane "Tankor." Really... really... suck to hell.

Why couldn't they do "Decepticon Octane" or even "Mega Octane"?

It... it's almost as if Hasbro's not paying attention sometimes... (-_-)

Lord_Zed
30th January 2008, 05:16 PM
OMG, a Powerglide who doesn't suck!! (sorry Powerglide fans, but the original toy is to silly for me to take seriously).

Alright I'm impressed, so far I can't find much to dislike, except maybe Powerglide and Onslaught being so big.

I like that Powerglide looks more like a fighter jet than he used to, and he has the classic head.

Prowl and Sunstreaker both look pretty awesome, and they aren't suffering from an absurdley large missile launcher weapon, or lame looking weapon like Rodimus and the seekers.

Octane looks interesting, seems better than Astrotrain.

I like Onslaughts robot mode, not sure about his alt mode, I hope its not to big next to Prime and Megs.

So far, as a whole I think there better than wave 1, but seeing is believing, and then there's colour choices, so we'll see.

GoktimusPrime
30th January 2008, 05:25 PM
Check out this photoshopped repaint someone did for Universe Powerglide!

http://i29.tinypic.com/sczynd.jpg

TheDirtyDigger
30th January 2008, 05:49 PM
...it really sucks how they're calling Octane "Tankor." Really... really... suck to hell.

It... it's almost as if Hasbro's not paying attention sometimes... (-_-)

I'm calling mine Octane. Don't let the corporations dictate our lives!

GoktimusPrime
30th January 2008, 06:06 PM
...that still doesn't excuse Hasbro's screw-up... (-_-)

Saintly
30th January 2008, 06:09 PM
I'm calling mine Octane. Don't let the corporations dictate our lives!

if it doesn't come with octane colours, then the customs boys is going to be busy with repaints to Octane :)

kup
30th January 2008, 06:18 PM
I am also calling mine Ocatane despite what the berurocrats say! :D

Looks like we will not be getting a red Powerglide :(

For POWERGLIDE there were a few important design considerations. First, the design team wanted POWERGLIDE?s head to still have a dome-like point, but in a more updated way. Second, his wings needed to be in his shoulders as they originally were in G1. To stay true to the realistic nature of the Classic Series, the deco will be more silver than red, but with multiple red cues to connect to POWERGLIDE?s original look

This kind of harms the tribute a bit I think. We don't want completly realistic, we want Powerglide!
________
Brunette videos (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/15/brunette/videos/1)

Saintly
30th January 2008, 06:20 PM

you can't be sure of that, can you? any sources? or simply an assumption?

jaydisc
30th January 2008, 06:24 PM
you can't be sure of that, can you? any sources? or simply an assumption?

The source is Hasbro. Read Kup's quote.

Saintly
30th January 2008, 06:28 PM
The source is Hasbro. Read Kup's quote.

ah... sorry :o pictures would be nice :) but then I'm probably asking too much too early :D

Sam
30th January 2008, 06:29 PM

Yeah I was also wondering why they couldn't just use "Decepticon Octane" ?

I love the look of Prowl. Might have to get two. :)

Soundwarp
30th January 2008, 06:34 PM
if it doesn't come with octane colours, then the customs boys is going to be busy with repaints to Octane :)

Yep, and hopefully reprolabels gets on the band wagon..

See i i told you so Griff, but no you wouldn't listen to me or the millions of voters in the thread we had...

Octane is the man, stop trying to hold him down, hell i bet you had a part in them calling him Tankor...

Diddn't you, i know you did!

Robzy
30th January 2008, 06:42 PM
Until the Japanese version comes out, that is! :p

kup
30th January 2008, 06:44 PM

You read my mind :p

If the gray/red paint job is not up to scratch, I hope Takara doesn't take as long to release these figures as it took to release the original Classics (they are not out there yet!)
________
YZF-R7 (http://www.yamaha-tech.com/wiki/Yamaha_YZF-R7)

roller
30th January 2008, 08:39 PM
so these will be released under the 'Universe' banner ?

Paulbot
30th January 2008, 09:09 PM
Yes Roller these are "Universe" toys

And as for the Grey with Red Powerglide and hoping Takara does a full red one... hey I said all that in post #7. Does no one read my posts? :( :P

kup
30th January 2008, 09:35 PM
Yes Roller these are "Universe" toys

And as for the Grey with Red Powerglide and hoping Takara does a full red one... hey I said all that in post #7. Does no one read my posts? :( :P

I read your post but for some reason I didn't pick up on that particular detail :confused:
________
Buy Glass Pipes (http://glasspipes.net/)

STL
30th January 2008, 09:35 PM

Aye, my thoughts exactly.The wait's going to suck though and even then I'll get both. He'll be like Classics 1.0 Megatron.

iceburn
30th January 2008, 09:59 PM
bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......

Tetsuwan Convoy
31st January 2008, 12:24 AM
Wheeee Octane is a prop plane Whooo! I love propeller propelled planes, they is awesomest. His wings look a little on the small side. The truck mode looks sweet as well. Yay for Octane getting some love (boo for the name change!:mad:)

Glad to see that picture on the OTCC site did have Streakers legs transformed wrong. He looks much better now! Loving Prowl! As long as the colours are done he should be awesome too! I hope they keep the little Japanese police motif to him (with the little chrysanthemum flower the and black stripe on the bonnet).

I prefer my Cobaticons to be army vehicles, but one can't deny that Onslaught looks good in robot mode! Gonna be a big fella if he is an Ultra though. So big, they could have called him Bruticus. Glad they didn't.

Finally, Powerglide. I like the updated version and I too was concerned that it was just going to be a recoloured Wing Sabre. Point of concern though, Powerglides nipple engines (that's a combination of words I never expected to use! Who says Transformers are un-educational!?!?!?!?) look like there might be some lighty electronics hidden in there. Shame about his lame looking launching missile gun though...

Now Hasbro just have to avoid thinking "Hey, they are in the 'universe' line, lets make them all fluro pink and with heavy dobs of purple."

P.S Where is Cosmos? Hopefully in wave 2?

Paulbot
31st January 2008, 08:24 AM
They have designs and people's hopes up, but I don't think Cosmos has been confirmed as he? I hope they do make one though.

roller
31st January 2008, 08:36 AM
now there are 3 tankors in the Universe universe

liegeprime
31st January 2008, 05:15 PM
Well with the technology they now are exhibiting in making the cars TF. I still am waiting for a decent CAR ARCEE dammit!! :mad::mad: This is Universe line anyway where they can dump and flesh out ANY character in the whole TF lore/universe/multiverse!!

Oh and love all the new toys - can always have them recolored if these come out tacky colored anyhoo. :D
and I can say they already have a moneymaking goldmine if they decide repainting the prowl mode - silverstreak and smokescreen. Sunstreaker , ehmmmm a new headmold and recolour could end up as runamuck and runabout too.

Soundwarp
31st January 2008, 05:31 PM
Well with the technology they now are exhibiting in making the cars TF. I still am waiting for a decent CAR ARCEE dammit!! :mad::mad: This is Universe line anyway where they can dump and flesh out ANY character in the whole TF lore/universe/multiverse!!

Now i think your onto something!

dirge
31st January 2008, 07:46 PM
Car Arcee would be nice.

ANY Devcon would have me offering things to Aaron Archer that won't be elaborated on here.... (!)

STL
31st January 2008, 10:07 PM
Hrm... let's come up with a list of repaints we could get:

Definite possibilities:
Prowl
- Smokescreen
- Bluestreak

Sunstreaker/Sideswipe
- Red Alert

Trailer Park Ninja
31st January 2008, 10:10 PM

Definite possibilities:
Prowl
- Smokescreen
- Bluestreak

Sunstreaker/Sideswipe
- Red Alert

And Silverstreak :D

kup
1st February 2008, 07:49 AM
A car Arcee almost came out in the Titanium line, they had prototypes already made. However as it was in the Titanium line its quality would have likely been dubious. Having said that, even a TI car Arcee would been welcomed.
________
Squirting vids (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/38/squirting/videos/1)

Paulbot
1st February 2008, 07:58 AM
I think they might try to get away with repainting Prowl as Jazz.

i_amtrunks
1st February 2008, 10:40 AM

Definite possibilities:
Prowl
- Smokescreen
- Bluestreak

Sunstreaker/Sideswipe
- Red Alert

What's the bet those repaints get to be Botcon 09 exclusives?:(

I really want a Red Alert figure.

Gutsman Heavy
1st February 2008, 11:04 AM
I think they might try to get away with repainting Prowl as Jazz.

Didn't Hasbro say they wont be crossing characters over the Animated and Universe lines? Since Jazz is in animated (and one assumes a toy) going by what they said it wont happen.

I hope I am wrong mind you.

kup
1st February 2008, 11:05 AM
I hope that they are not used as 09 exclusives but I doubt this will happen.

I hope that this time around Hasbro gets that there are lots of awesome repaints that can be done with a given mold such as a seeker jet or Prowl instead of random repaints like they are doing in the movie line and previously did in Universe.

As mentioned, many great repaints can be made from Prowl and the Sunstreaker/Sideswipe mold. My fear is that Aaron Archer will try to be 'innovative' in his attrocious way and give us a random repaint like they did in the Titanium line with a Sunstorm instead of a Skywarp.
________
BDSM FLOGGING (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/238/flogging/videos/1)

Paulbot
1st February 2008, 11:09 AM
Didn't Hasbro say they wont be crossing characters over the Animated and Universe lines? Since Jazz is in animated (and one assumes a toy) going by what they said it wont happen.

Jazz is in the cartoon? I hadn't heard about that. That would reduce the chances to zero.

As mentioned, many great repaints can be made from Prowl and the Sunstreaker/Sideswipe mold. My fear is that Aaron Archer will try to be 'innovative' in his attrocious way and give us a random repaint like they did in the Titanium line with a Sunstorm instead of a Skywarp.

Tigertrack! Clamp Down! Deep Cover! :)

liegeprime
1st February 2008, 11:52 AM

I do too. Coz that means we aint seeing a Blitzwing Classics then :(:(:(:(. He would make for 7 new levels of awesomeness if done in Classics style...

Only Famous characters get to be reissued in different lines - Optimus, BB, Starscream, Grimlock, Megsy... the rest, well, I'd hope for the best..

Paulbot
1st February 2008, 12:40 PM
Hasbro's statement is they don't want to sell two toys with the same name that transform into the same thing. So for instance although there's a Prowl in Animated and a Prowl in Classics, there won't be two Prowl toys on the racks that both turn into Police cars.

So we could get a classics Blitzwing but it would have to transform into different vehicles than the animated one does.

Thanatos
1st February 2008, 02:35 PM
Could always buy the Animated toy to compensate. I personally can't wait for Animated Grimlock despite being overall finding my self feeling very blaze about the rest of the figures.

kup
1st February 2008, 03:05 PM
So we could get a classics Blitzwing but it would have to transform into different vehicles than the animated one does.

Then I hope they dont do a Blitzwing until the Animated release of the character is over. Making Classics Blitzwing anything other than a Jet and a 'standard' looking Tank would ruin the tribute just like they are doing with Onslaught painted as a SWAT vehicle.
________
BLACK BLOWJOB (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/290/blowjob/videos/1)

NEMESIS PRIME
1st February 2008, 03:46 PM
I will definatly get Prowl and maybe Sunstreaker

kup
2nd February 2008, 12:38 AM
I have seen the colored pictures from the Magazine. However it appears that they had monkeys posing the figures as most of them are horribly mistransformed, particularly Powerglide who has his arms hanging from his waist. One would expect the magazine to have fans pose them but instead it looks like they had the janitor or their moms do it.

Despite the mistransformations, it does give you a good idea of the color schemes. I am sorry to say that with the exception of Onslaught, they all appear to have cheap paint jobs. Most of the figures rely on the unpainted base color (gray) of the plastic as their main color with small bits of bright highlights here and there.

However the biggest disapointment in color scheme is Powerglide. They have given him a paint job which is almost IDENTICAL to that of Jetfire!! He is an off white color with red highlights. They have seriously damaged this character tribute as it is easy to confuse the figure as a mold repaint attempting to be Jetfire rather than Powerglide.

Very disapointing, it looks like I will be counting on Takara for repaints which unfortunately means that I will have to wait a year longer for their release :(
________
Xxx Stream Free (http://www.fucktube.com/)

Pipesqueak
2nd February 2008, 11:41 AM
That's bad news Kup. Powerglide sounds horrible - I thought we were told it was going to be mostly silver, not white, but that's el cheapo Hasbro for you. It was the one I was least likely to get anyway. It's also annoying that Onslaught, the least classics-like of them all, is the one that gets the good deco.

At least the Sunstreaker in the leaked pic we all saw looked to be appropriately coloured. Just please, please tell me that Prowl looked OK?

I'm ordering three of the first six Takara classics and I bet I'll end up not being able to resist the Hasbro versions of the new ones and then forking out for upgrades later.

GoktimusPrime
2nd February 2008, 11:47 AM
Powerglide coloured as Jetfire... why, it's almost as if Hasbro's not paying attention!

Here ya go, Hasbro http://caccialfotone.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/060524_ritalin_vmed_1pwidec.jpg :p

kup
2nd February 2008, 12:12 PM
Yeah its not silver but a super light gray that looks more like an off white.

The trouble is that Powerglide and Jetfire won't display together as they would look like twin Brothers or something specially when the are about the same damn size!

Damn you Archer and your stupid quest for realism! Didn't you learn anything from the previous Universe like and Takara's Greenscream??

Just please, please tell me that Prowl looked OK

The pic in robot mode is very badly taken so its hard to say for sure but he looks to have a cheap paintscheme but because he is meant to be mostly white with black highlights, it still looks okay. They have also cheapened out on his missiles as they are not silver but a base plastic white (including the launchers) which gives the impression of an unfinished paint job.

The police car mode looks much better than the robot mode as it doesn't rely on color highlights to look good.
________
GLASS BONGS (http://glassbongs.org/)

kup
2nd February 2008, 12:48 PM
I don't understand what the heck is wrong with something like this:

http://www.jesterpictures.com/transformers/photoshops/powerglide01.jpg
________
Gm Foods (http://gmfoods.info/)

GoktimusPrime
2nd February 2008, 02:37 PM
Damn you Archer and your stupid quest for realism!
What quest? None of the Classics Sky Raiders sport realistic fighter jet colours and I wish they went for a more realistic colour scheme with Megatron! :p

Universe Powerglide just shows an incredible lack of focus from Hasbro.

kup
2nd February 2008, 04:24 PM
In the Hasbro website on the page where they show the unpainted prototypes for this figures, they specifically say that the reason for the color scheme is for the sake of realism.

I agree with what you say based on the general theme of the Classics but some smart cookie decided to be creative and this is what we got.
________
Dodge st. regis history (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Dodge_St._Regis)

dirge
3rd February 2008, 12:04 AM
Didn't Hasbro say they wont be crossing characters over the Animated and Universe lines?

Hasbro did once claim that there would be no repaints in the Armada line. Since that I always take these sorts of claims with a bag of salt.

Tetsuwan Convoy
3rd February 2008, 12:37 AM
Yeah its not silver but a super light gray that looks more like an off white.

Hasbro like that light gray for silver now it seems, just look at Movie Megatron and FAB frenzy (Even the frenzy with Barricade), they are supposed to be silver. It just looks like they cheaped out and couldn't be arsed painting them properly.

dirge
3rd February 2008, 12:48 AM
Having see the pics myself:

Onslaught - love it
Prowl - love it
Octane - like it; the other name will not be used by me!
Powerglide - don't like it at all, which is a shame
Sunstreaker - such a good concept, but such an uninspired final product. As much as I want a Classics Sunstreaker, I am not convinced by what I have seen.

GoktimusPrime
3rd February 2008, 09:38 AM
Hasbro did once claim that there would be no repaints in the Armada line. Since that I always take these sorts of claims with a bag of salt.

lawl! :D

Soundwarp
3rd February 2008, 09:49 AM
Having see the pics myself:

Onslaught - love it
Prowl - love it
Octane - like it; the other name will not be used by me!
Powerglide - don't like it at all, which is a shame
Sunstreaker - such a good concept, but such an uninspired final product. As much as I want a Classics Sunstreaker, I am not convinced by what I have seen.

:eek:

Just saw the colours myself
Onslaught's colour is OK but that Alt mode it terrible
Prowl's colours are right but not sure about the mould
Octane's colours match and with him transformed correctly he will be fine
Powerglide is screaming for a repaint, i mean come on.... white????
Sunstreaker will look a lot better with a transformation that is right, the pics were wrong

Soundwarp
3rd February 2008, 09:49 AM
I don't understand what the heck is wrong with something like this:

http://www.jesterpictures.com/transformers/photoshops/powerglide01.jpg

That is awesome!

kup
3rd February 2008, 05:53 PM
That is awesome!

Unfortunately Archer and Hasbro don't think so :(
________
CRIME INSURANCE FORUMS (http://www.insurance-forums.org/crime-insurance/)

GoktimusPrime
4th February 2008, 02:48 PM
They're following the tradition of Nel Yomtov. :/

Lord_Zed
4th February 2008, 05:24 PM
Good old hasbro, they can't make a relaistic looking A10 for the fans that want that, and they can't give powerglide decent show accurate colours for the fans who want that, so they just comprimise and make everyone unhappy.

kup
5th February 2008, 11:34 AM
If they wanted a realistic A10, they could have released it in the Movie line. Classics are for character and toy modernisations and tributes of G1 toys. If they take out the character and the essence of the original toy, then it sucks.

Although the mold and figure size was a bit extreme for a minibot such as Powerglide, it could have still worked if the had gotten the color scheme right.
________
MAGIC FLIGHT (http://www.vaporshop.com/mflb-vaporizer.html)

GoktimusPrime
5th February 2008, 06:05 PM
If they wanted a realistic A10, they could have released it in the Movie line.
That would've been Michael Bay's decision rather than Hasbro's. And given the theme of the first movie, an A10 TF would have been a Decepticon - he's made all the Decepticons transform into some kind of 'authoritarian' vehicle (e.g.: military, police) - with the sole exception of Frenzy.

Although the mold and figure size was a bit extreme for a minibot such as Powerglide, it could have still worked if the had gotten the color scheme right.
People aren't that fussed about the scale - after all we already have Bumblebee, Mirage, Starscream and Grimlock in the same size scale (Deluxe); what's more important is the overall visual asthetic of the toy... the robot mode, vehicle mode and colour scheme needs to be reminiscent of the original G1 character. It doesn't need to be the same - but it needs to be a clear intentional tribute. Look at Classics Jetfire, it looks drastically different from its previous toy incarnation but marries the G1 toy and show(Skyfire)/comic likenesses and is clearly an intentional tribute to the character.

Takara has done a good job with Powerglide in terms of engineering its mould - the robot and vehicle mode look decent as a Powerglide tribute, but Hasbro has really dropped the ball with the colours.

The colours aren't bad - they're just not Powerglide. In those colours they should've called the toy "Windrazor" or "Tornado" instead of Powerglide.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/transformers/images/thumb/0/09/G1Powerglide_toy.jpg/200px-G1Powerglide_toy.jpghttp://www.cliffbee.com/reviews/images/tornado.gif

Thanatos
5th February 2008, 06:41 PM
I'll get all 5. I honestly can't even begin to describe how much I love the look of Onslaught, alt mode and all.

The suspense is killing me.

Lord_Zed
5th February 2008, 07:37 PM
People aren't that fussed about the scale - after all we already have Bumblebee, Mirage, Starscream and Grimlock in the same size scale (Deluxe); what's more important is the overall visual asthetic of the toy... the robot mode, vehicle mode and colour scheme needs to be reminiscent of the original G1 character. It doesn't need to be the same - but it needs to be a clear intentional tribute. Look at Classics Jetfire, it looks drastically different from its previous toy incarnation but marries the G1 toy and show(Skyfire)/comic likenesses and is clearly an intentional tribute to the character.

I agree for the most part, although I hate it when they make Transformers big for no reason, If a TF is big he should at least have a decent complex transfromation or have a large altmode. Powerglide maybe a minicon, but he is still a jet, so I have no problem with him being big. Are Powerglide and Onslaught going to be the same size as Prime and Megatron? Truth be told based on the unpainted pictures I like the look of the Powerglide mould better than ol Jetfire, unfortunately the colours are just plane wrong for Powerglide, If you ask me he should have been called Hothouse, I wonder if we'll get a Tailwind repaint?

kup
5th February 2008, 07:50 PM
I wonder if we'll get a Tailwind repaint?

Knowing Hasbro and the Universe line's past history, it wouldn't surprise me if we get a Christmas repaint along with New Year and Hanukkah repaints but never a red one.
________
FOURTH-GENERATION FORD TAURUS SPECIFICATIONS (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Fourth-generation_Ford_Taurus)

dirge
5th February 2008, 11:05 PM
the colours are just plane wrong for Powerglide

:D:D:D:D:D

liegeprime
8th February 2008, 08:09 AM
:D:D:D:D:D

Its actually Micromaster Hothouse deminiaturized, :D:D

GoktimusPrime
8th February 2008, 11:30 AM
so where's his base?!?

http://dave.joanddave.co.uk/munchkin/images_for_processing/all_your_base.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/205/463034437_80579e855e.jpg

Lord_Zed
8th February 2008, 04:48 PM
s actually Micromaster Hothouse deminiaturized,

Yeah, I said that a page or so ago. Hanging out for a Tailwind repaint.

so where's his base?!?

He ate it! How do you think he got so big??

GoktimusPrime
8th February 2008, 07:54 PM
Damn it! Red Hot's pr0n collection was in that garage! :p

Tetsuwan Convoy
9th February 2008, 05:56 PM
Are Powerglide and Onslaught going to be the same size as Prime and Megatron?

Powerglide and Onslaught will be bigger than Prime, Megatron and Jetfire, as they are only voyager sized. Originally Hasbro said that the largest figures in the classics were going to be voyager (limiting the line to deluxe and voyager sizes).

I guess now that classics has finished and these guys are going to be in "Universe" they can use more sizes.

I also recall them saying that Animated was going to be just deluxe and Voyager as well (to keep the price point down for kids). Maybe we (those of us that like the look of animated) shot ourselves in the foot, as we now are going to see leader and supreme sizes as well.... More money to be spent if they are worth it.

Eazy D
10th February 2008, 04:34 PM
Wow, I like the look of prowl. I missed out on viewing the painted prototypes. Anyone saved any of those pics?

GoktimusPrime
10th February 2008, 09:03 PM
For legal reasons they cannot be posted.

G1Optimal
10th February 2008, 09:18 PM
Powerglide and Onslaught will be bigger than Prime, Megatron and Jetfire, as they are only voyager sized. Originally Hasbro said that the largest figures in the classics were going to be voyager (limiting the line to deluxe and voyager sizes).

I guess now that classics has finished and these guys are going to be in "Universe" they can use more sizes.

I also recall them saying that Animated was going to be just deluxe and Voyager as well (to keep the price point down for kids). Maybe we (those of us that like the look of animated) shot ourselves in the foot, as we now are going to see leader and supreme sizes as well.... More money to be spent if they are worth it.

I have this funny thought come across my head...
Universe Leader class Jetf...... Ah never mind, or do i :confused::confused:

I am so Angry at Hasbro for doing things like this :mad: and at the same time i want them to make a Universe L. class Jetfire :D

I am so confused
:confused::confused:

kup
10th February 2008, 09:22 PM
They have already largely reached the 'unoficial' public, so it wouldn't surprise me that in the next month or so we get proper official pics that everyone can see legally. They are only exclusive because Hasbro wants Club members to be the first to see them, once the magazine is published to all members, they will for sure release public pics.

Anyway you are not missing much as most of the figures are horrendously mistransformed or at bad angles, so even though I have personally seen the colored pics, I can't really tell much about several of the figures.

The only one that looks unmistakably crap despite mistransformations and bad photos is Powerglide. There is no way that bad lighting or a bad photo angle will make that color scheme look so crap.
________
WEED VAPORIZERS (http://weedvaporizers.org/)