PDA

View Full Version : Wanted - Lego Death Star.

Lugnut
3rd February 2009, 09:43 PM
was wondering if anyone in my area (upper coomera/sunshine coast) knows where i would be able to find the new lego death star as i am a crazy star wars fan aswell and into lego... also wonderin when shockwave is coming out/ if already out, where?

STL
3rd February 2009, 10:07 PM
was wondering if anyone in my area (upper coomera/sunshine coast) knows where i would be able to find the new lego death star as i am a crazy star wars fan aswell and into lego... also wonderin when shockwave is coming out/ if already out, where?

I'm not too sure as I'm from Melbourne but in my travels I did spot them at K-Marts. They seem to be unwanted laybys that suddenly jsut reappeared and are now simply shelfwarming. Still at a price tag of $50. If u need help, gimme a holler or any of the Melbourne folks cos i've just started working so my hunting is restricted to Saturdays but I can barely be bothered sometimes.

Good luck with it. :)

Golden Phoenix
3rd February 2009, 10:24 PM
If you are talking about the Death Star with all the mini figs, then I doubt you'll see it. I am under the impression it is a Lego Online Shop exclusive.
Other then that, they may or may not turn up at David Jones round October/November.
They seem to get some exclusives like that round then

STL
3rd February 2009, 10:29 PM
I'm not too sure as I'm from Melbourne but in my travels I did spot them at K-Marts. They seem to be unwanted laybys that suddenly jsut reappeared and are now simply shelfwarming. Still at a price tag of $50. If u need help, gimme a holler or any of the Melbourne folks cos i've just started working so my hunting is restricted to Saturdays but I can barely be bothered sometimes.

Good luck with it. :)

Oops, I just realised u were talking about the SWs Lego. :o

liegeprime
3rd February 2009, 10:40 PM
Yes Dj is the best bet to have some of the exclusive online products of LEGO. They usually fo put out these pricy ones around Nov -Dec as its the buying spree season after which they keep it in their storehouse ( as per the lady who works in toy section - Dj Parramatta) but, it could be different case for other branches. So try your luck with a DJ store near you.

griffin
4th February 2009, 03:43 AM
Moved and renamed topic to avoid confusion.

TheDirtyDigger
4th February 2009, 06:05 AM
Yeah these haven't been spotted at retail yet although I did get to see one made and on display at Brickvention.

If you really want one you can order one from lego.com.

Mr_K
4th February 2009, 07:49 AM
I've also been looking for one of these. KMart gets in lego exclusives some times around holiday seasons -> they got in a few of the original SW lego collectors editions back in the day and also the latest adult millenium falcon last year (though too pricy for myself)

Lugnut
6th February 2009, 10:47 PM
thanks for all the help guise, i also saw the millenium falcon ($1000) at a local kmart. was wondering if anyone knows where i would find animated shockwave, if not when?

Golden Phoenix
6th February 2009, 11:15 PM
was wondering if anyone knows where i would find animated shockwave, if not when?

Haven't heard anything about them being here.
They should be hear soon, but Hasbro does have a nasty habit of making us wait a long time for things.

Mr_K
13th March 2009, 02:47 PM
Bibyco has it for $999 -> I don't know if that is a good price or not, seems very steep for me. New Lego Death Star (http://www.bibyco.com.au/secure/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=70_78_109&products_id=6512&osCsid=e7415708a3c0e8b2a5166940bd325c89)

EDIT: It's cheaper through the actual online Lego store for $699 + $45 Shipping Australian dollars.

Sutton
14th March 2009, 11:42 AM
Bibyco has it for $999 -> I don't know if that is a good price or not, seems very steep for me. New Lego Death Star (http://www.bibyco.com.au/secure/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=70_78_109&products_id=6512&osCsid=e7415708a3c0e8b2a5166940bd325c89)

EDIT: It's cheaper through the actual online Lego store for $699 + $45 Shipping Australian dollars.

Not to mention the fact that Bibyco are a completely useless bunch of twats.

I ordered something through them (a small Justice League 3-pack for my son) and it took them 6 WEEKS to get it to me. Then, when it arrived, it was the WRONG 3-PACK. What was really galling was that there was no response to my emails / phone calls about their cock up, and they were clearly aware of it because they amended their site to show the one I ordered as out of stock.

I certainly won't be buying anything else from them, especially a big ticket item like that. Who knows what they're likely to send in the mail for you? $1000 worth of Bratz dolls rolled into a ball maybe?