PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro CGI G1 Megatron vs Prime fight

kup
30th January 2008, 02:44 PM
Here is a CGI rendition of the Optimus Prime vs Megatron fight we saw in Transformers the movie.

Hasbro placed it in their Universe website:

http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/universe/

Edit: Oops! Mod please fix title :D
________
BONDAGE BEDROOM (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/372/bedroom/videos/1)

1orion2many
30th January 2008, 03:02 PM
:)I don't suppose they want to redo the movie(cartoon) in full CGI as that is just excellent:).
Megatron isn't giving Optimus any nasty diseases now Kup as per your request:p:D

Adzma
30th January 2008, 03:08 PM
That was pretty cool. Hell, who am I kidding, it was awesome!

Saintly
30th January 2008, 03:29 PM
saw that earlier on today... thought it was old news :)

STL
30th January 2008, 05:04 PM
And a little finger to all those who said G1 would look like @$$ in CGI.

sifun
30th January 2008, 05:52 PM
Man that was Freaking awesome.
Nice to see they used masterpiece figure for megatron lol

GoktimusPrime
30th January 2008, 06:09 PM
it wasn't quite MP Megatron, but parts were certainly inspired by it. :) I liked the G1 toy-accurate yellow eyes on Megs. :D

Thanatos
30th January 2008, 06:11 PM
Oh man... that was amazing.

I want more.

Sam
30th January 2008, 07:26 PM
I think they changed the fight details. No energo-knife thing, no Hot Rod. Wasn't on Autobot City either.

But still looks great!

Paulbot
30th January 2008, 10:18 PM
It looks nice. At first I thought it was CGI from that Japanese PS2 game which recreated that battle too, but clearly it's new. Very shiny.

autobreadticon
30th January 2008, 10:30 PM
who wants to cosplay this when the Victorians meet up?:p

i_amtrunks
31st January 2008, 11:11 AM
Who else thinks we were lied to when we were told that the G1 designs do not carry over well to CGI renderings for the big screen?

GoktimusPrime
2nd February 2008, 03:31 PM
Dude... try doing TF cosplay and see how well you can move in a more 'traditional/G1' style body before saying that. :) Believe me, blocky G1 designs severely restrict movement like a mofo. This animation still cheats like in TF cartoons and comics (notice how Megatron's shoulders dislocate themselves whenever he has to reach one arm across to the other or when both arms are spread out over his head? Or how Prime's chest magically shrinks when he clasps his hands together? <--these are just two examples of numerous animation cheats that I've noticed in this vid). And in a photorealistic backdrop on a theatrical movie screen for a general audience, that kind of animation cheating just looks too cheesy.

Yes, there's a bit of cheating in the movie too - especially with the transformation... ultimately with Transformers you have to cheat to some degree because all those robot components have to go somewhere in vehicle mode, and all those internal vehicle components (e.g.: seats, engine etc) have to go somewhere in robot mode... so yeah, there's some "mass-shunting" style cheating when they transform. But overall the movie models don't cheat anywhere near as much as in TF TV and comic book series. When a TF crosses his arms in the movie, there's no warping of the chest or dislocation/morphing of the shoulders.