PDA

View Full Version : Unique Alt modes for transformers

Defcon
8th February 2009, 11:07 AM
Hi please vote for an alt mode you would like to see imagined or re imagined as a transformer. I have tried to list unique and less common modes and for variety, unfortunately I can only list 10. When you vote please say which one you voted for and should it be a deluxe, voyager, ultra etc. Is it going to be an Autobot or Decepticon or both.Suggest a Color scheme also. Color schemes don't need to be realistic. And you may be serious or silly if you like.

This is all hypothetical of course. Please only discuss the alt modes listed. Prefer to keep this simple, so no need for names or bios, just focus on the alt mode.

If there are other alt modes people would like to discuss you may start a new thread similar to this one. Trying to keep this one tidy and focused.

Thanks. Have fun.

Sky Shadow
8th February 2009, 11:13 AM
I have tried to list unique and less common modes and for variety, unfortunately I can only list 10.

Actually, you haven't listed any. :confused: Oh... I guess there's a poll coming.

Defcon
8th February 2009, 11:18 AM
sorry its up now :)

Defcon
8th February 2009, 11:35 AM
Ok this also a multiple voting poll so vote on several if you like. Anyway I voted Submarine, he is going to be a voyager class toy. Allegiance is Decepticon. Primarily his color scheme is dark grey has some purple and blue/green panels. Has gimmick shooting torpedoes !

SilverDragon
8th February 2009, 08:45 PM
Giant squid! We've only had normal-sized squid Transformers so far (or, in the case of Tentakil, things that vaguely resemble squids).

Also, we need more submarine Transformers. Maybe even a triple-changing submarine which turns into a giant squid as well.

Scattershot
8th February 2009, 08:48 PM
I voted Chinook. Autobot Blades to combat Blackout! Red and White of course!

i_amtrunks
9th February 2009, 10:58 AM
I'm a sucker for a train-bot.

We need more of them, dont care if they are all TGV-Bullet Train in style.

Wheel-J
9th February 2009, 11:36 AM
I voted for a taxi (colour schemes somehow similar to Paulbot's custom ;))

...but maybe with a little added twist - a combiner perhaps. :rolleyes:
i.e., a taxi cab, taxi bus, taxi van, taxi wagon, and a taxi boat that when all combined... forms Autobot Taxitron! :eek:
ooops.. sorry. I think I'm getting a little too far. :o

GoktimusPrime
9th February 2009, 04:49 PM
I prefer modes that have never been done in Transformers. From the list on this poll:

Bus <---never been done (I voted for this one)
Chinook Helicopter <---never been done
Giant Squid <---done
Half Track <---done
Oil Tanker Truck <---done
Shark <---done
Snowmobile <---done
Submarine <---only realistically done once
Taxi <---never done
Train <---done

Some are quite uncommon, but I prefer to explore new territory when it comes to alt modes over stuff that we've already seen. :)

We need more of them, dont care if they are all TGV-Bullet Train in style.
That's a lot of Alan & Atlan repaints. :p Seriously though, I'd like to see more regular trains instead of bullet trains. We had 3 different kinds of bullet trains in CR/RiD and of course, more with the Sixliner and Sixtrain reissues.

A reissue of the 1987 Trainbots (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Trainbots) would be really sweet!

i_amtrunks
9th February 2009, 05:14 PM
A reissue of the 1987 Trainbots (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Trainbots) would be really sweet!

yes it would.

I also like the idea of Busformers, I'd love to see a London Double Decker in particular.

Sky Shadow
9th February 2009, 06:17 PM
I prefer modes that have never been done in Transformers. From the list on this poll:

Bus <---never been done (I voted for this one)

http://s90690880.onlinehome.us/jhiaxus/images/oddities/robocapers/robocapers-088.jpg

;)

STL
9th February 2009, 11:32 PM
Another category I'd love to see is no Star Wars starfighters and motherships. Would be awesome.

GoktimusPrime
10th February 2009, 12:11 PM
Bring on Masterpiece Busby!! :p :)

SilverDragon
15th February 2009, 08:05 PM
Bring on Masterpiece Busby!! :p :)

Yeah! Screw Drift-the next comic-to-toy character should be Gogglebox.

d*r*j*
18th February 2009, 09:19 AM
The bus would have to be leaderclass or masterpiece/ ultimate... nice big figure with sounds and lights.
I also voted snowmobile... remember a gi joe vehicle that I had as a kid that would be good for this. Voyager class.

liegeprime
18th February 2009, 09:54 AM
I voted for Giant Squid. Make it Voyager size! As much as Im not a fan of Beast wars, I do collect some figures. My first BW fig is that of Scuba, a squid. I bought him coz I thought the alt mode was unique and the bot mode was very poseable. Id like to see a gian t Quid version with the tentacles fully poseable and jointed which could prolly form in bot mode a cape of sorts ( kinda like X-men's Mr Sinister's) of course it would be a Decepticon. I also like an idea of an alt mode of a Swiss army knife, imagine the arsenal this guy would have! Kinda like Batman only its a robot. "I'm gonna cut yah with my Spooon!!":D:D

Thanatos
18th February 2009, 10:46 AM
I wanna see a Segway transformer! :D

...*crickets*

No? :P

GoktimusPrime
18th February 2009, 12:06 PM
LOL! :D That would be really neat as a Mini-Con!

Lord_Zed
18th February 2009, 01:29 PM
I want to see a porper Half Track preferably a WWII one, that would be so cool. Actualy any altmode from WWII would rock Retro Combaticons.

A Battleship would be a good addition to the list.

Otherwise the Taxi, Chinhook and Submarine all sound good.

roller
18th February 2009, 07:26 PM
i cast my vote as submersible, or as Kitty calls it "a supperine"

I missed out on the minicon Sub, and ive always wanted a toy submarine,so a tf one would be good.

I wish they made glow in the dark fluro yellow tfs

a battleship, a proper one unlike Tidal wave would be nice

GoktimusPrime
19th February 2009, 12:49 PM
If they ever made a Transformers GI Joe crossover I'd love to see a Transformer U.S.S. Flagg (http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/85/ussflagg/) - especially if it were the same size as the original toy!! They should make it Fortress Maximus/U.S.S. Flagg! :D

For those who may not know, Fortress Maximus is 78cm long in battleship mode and the U.S.S. Flagg is approx. 228cm long!! It would be hell expensive toy... probably a smaller version of the Flagg at the size of G1 Fort Max would be cheaper (but still expensive) :p

Mmm... pipe dream fresh...

Lord_Zed
19th February 2009, 01:24 PM
I don't know what I would do if I had a TF (or for the matter the Flagg) that big. Where do you store a toy like that? My guess is it would have to double as coffetable.

Maybe they should make Furniturebots, Comfy Chair to Aircraft carrier to robot and back.

But as long as where talking pipe dreams how about a trio of bots who form the Defiant Shuttle Complex? Hell that's almost as big a Pipe Dream as owning an actual Defiant Shuttle Complex.
http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/87/defiant/defiant_title.jpg