PDA

View Full Version : F****n toy revealed

Gutsman Heavy
8th February 2009, 12:05 PM
RAWR (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-toys--products-30/new-transformers-revenge-of-the-fallen-toy---the-fallen-revealed-166761/)

H.R Giger meets Transformers

from here (http://www.tf08.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=223)

Stompy
8th February 2009, 12:34 PM
Nice bot mode but I'm not sure about another icicle like cybertronian jet-mode again. Hopefully it looks alright in alt mode.

Lint
8th February 2009, 12:40 PM
I wouldn't insult Giger so :p
Then again it is a toy; movie toys have are notorious for looking utterly crap compared to their on screen counterparts.

Tetsuwan Convoy
8th February 2009, 01:59 PM
Hmm, its a little underwhelming. More reasons for me to skip the toyline this year!:D

Golden Phoenix
8th February 2009, 02:03 PM
I wouldn't insult Giger so :p
Then again it is a toy; movie toys have are notorious for looking utterly crap compared to their on screen counterparts.

Well if the animation model's transformations weren't the tangled mess they are then we wouldn't have the problems we get when they try to make toys out of them

MV75
8th February 2009, 03:05 PM
Go lizard man! Woo!

Doubledealer
8th February 2009, 03:19 PM
That is AWESOME. Reminds me of Predator. :D Very excited about getting my mits on this one!

Pipesqueak
8th February 2009, 03:54 PM
Remember the days when robots were robots and ugly green monsters were ugly green monsters? I pine for those days...this is an easy pass just like megs was in all forms in the first movie line.

iceburn
8th February 2009, 04:16 PM
it's definitely a male

Doubledealer
8th February 2009, 04:27 PM
it's definitely a male
Have you heard the latest rumour that 'Scavenger' combines to form Devastator's manhood?

SilverDragon
8th February 2009, 07:30 PM
Have you heard the latest rumour that 'Scavenger' combines to form Devastator's manhood?

Excuse me while I die laughing over here. The mental image of a steam shovel trouser snake is too much.

kup
8th February 2009, 08:14 PM
Hmm, its a little underwhelming. More reasons for me to skip the toyline this year!:D

From what I have seen so far, I am closed to doing that this year. At least the TF1 movie (liked it or not) had overall very good designed toys particularly with the Autobots. TF2 toys so far are very underwhelming.

griffin
8th February 2009, 08:21 PM
Editted title. It's still easy to work out, but only if you know that the Fallen is a character in TF2 (which many avoiding the Movie section wouldn't until they saw this topic title in the main page listing - 'revenge of the fallen' could have easily have refered to Megatron).
I also don't want this to encourage others to do similar creative topic titles, to get around the censoring of a character name. The censoring is there for a reason, please don't spoil certain (key) elements for others who are trying to avoid them.

Tallestblue
8th February 2009, 09:35 PM
..but now doesn't it look like you're saying it's a "F(BLEEP)in' Toy"?

Doubledealer
8th February 2009, 10:21 PM
Excuse me while I die laughing over here. The mental image of a steam shovel trouser snake is too much.

There was a very good reason why we couldn't be shown what Optimus Prime was taken out by. :p

Lint
8th February 2009, 10:22 PM
I have to agree with Tallestblue here

griffin
9th February 2009, 02:04 AM
I didn't see it until he pointed it out.
At least it misleads people from thinking 'Fallen' and possibly spoiling the movie.

bassbot
9th February 2009, 09:39 AM
and just makes it seem like you're a very naughty boy. :)
Ah well.
I don't mind the physique of the toy, but as a Transformer it's kinda weird. The alt mode from the instructions does look like the closest Earth vehicle would be the stealth jet. (Jetfire?!?)

i_amtrunks
9th February 2009, 09:50 AM
The design is interesting, but the paint scheme, is very busy. Could be an alright looking toy (for the movie line) if it gets a nice metallic repaint...