PDA

View Full Version : Kenner CENTURIONS

d*r*j*
10th February 2009, 02:44 PM
Anyone like these guys? I got the bad guys all sorted out...
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff83/RockNRoll138/cent.jpg
...and I just won a boxed Jake Rockwell

These are great toys and was a great cartoon way back when.

Now I'm mainly looking for Max Ray and Ace McCloud, if anybody has any of these that they don't want... Misb, loose complete or even just random bits and pieces... I'm very interested, please pm me.

Fungal Infection
10th February 2009, 03:21 PM
You're still missing the Traumatizer from the bad guys line up. ;)
Anyways, ask and ye shall receive - my centurions collection:

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q305/Redboost77/Acquisitions/acquisitions55.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q305/Redboost77/Acquisitions/acquisitions57.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q305/Redboost77/Acquisitions/detonator4.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q305/Redboost77/Acquisitions/skybolt3.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q305/Redboost77/Acquisitions/acquisitions38.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q305/Redboost77/Acquisitions/acquisitions40.jpg

Also have the Wild Weasel though its not pictured. I pretty much have what I want so wont be getting anything else from the series unless a 100% complete C8 Swingshot turns up for a decent price (highly unlikely). :(

d*r*j*
10th February 2009, 03:52 PM
You're still missing the Traumatizer from the bad guys line up. ;)

Yeah, I know... at the prices I saw it going for on ebay ($100+) I'm not that keen. Jake Rockwell was the one I really wanted as a kid, I remember someone in my street having one. Maybe it's just retrospective jealousy?? Anyway now that that guy is on his way to me then I think I can take my time to get the other two, and maybe some extra parts and maybe weapon upgrades.

Was thinking about this and would probably trade my Encore Skylynx NIB (not removed... but missing the tape on one end) if anyboby had some centurions stuff... pm.

Really keen on getting the claw attatchment for Dr Terror also. Have one actual claw part so would only need one with it.

Very nice pictures btw.

Fungal Infection
10th February 2009, 04:04 PM
I have some loose parts from various power suits that I dont need which you can have for free if you want them - you just pay postage. Parts include the back end of the Depth Charger, the back piece of the wild weasel and some other bits like missles etc...... PM if you're interested.

Paulbot
10th February 2009, 04:11 PM
Jake Rockwell was the one I really wanted as a kid, I remember someone in my street having one. Maybe it's just retrospective jealousy??
Jake was the cool one, he had one more power suit than the others (at least originally - don't know about the later waves).

d*r*j*
10th February 2009, 04:48 PM
Yeah, I had Ace McCloud as a kid... somewhere along the way both of his arms fell out of his shoulders and was eventually given away (no, not by me...).

Hacker is really great and surprisingly cheap on ebay. I highly recommend him.

SofaMan
10th February 2009, 05:52 PM
Yeah, I know... at the prices I saw it going for on ebay ($100+) I'm not that keen.

I had a Traumatizer as a kid too, and my brother lost it. I still have an arm, but that's all. :(

Really keen on getting the claw attatchment for Dr Terror also. Have one actual claw part so would only need one with it.

I may be able to help there, though it's in a hard to get to place right now...keep reminding me, and I'll try to get to it sometime in the middle distance.

SofaMan
10th February 2009, 05:53 PM
Jake Rockwell was totally my fave too. I have him and a Wild Weasel, and I'm quite content. :)

Robzy
10th February 2009, 07:12 PM
Yeah, I love these... I had Max when I was a kid and it was one of the best figures ever!! :)

Man - you gotta love the 80s... heroes were allowed to have a moustache! :D

Hot Rodimus
12th February 2009, 01:15 PM
I loved this cartoon as a kid! After transformers this was probably my next fave, beating out He-man as it was before TMNT.

I had Ace and the additional space suit add on thingy, I remember ace losing a leg after a few years of hard playing abuse but have no idea what happened to him. I'll have a look for parts etc for you.

I wanted Jake too, he was damn cool and his dog(was it Shadow?) was very cool too but I never knew another kid who had him. One of my cousins had Max but he never interested me.

Sky Shadow
12th February 2009, 01:37 PM
Yes, Centurions were great - they were even designed by Jack Kirby and Gil Kane. I particularly liked Rex Charger (http://dukenostalgia.com/Centurions/Cent_ECh.html) and John Thunder (http://dukenostalgia.com/Centurions/Cent_SAr.html) - the final two Centurions - who were in the show but the toyline was axed before their toys and weapons systems were released.

GoktimusPrime
12th February 2009, 02:57 PM
PO-WEEERRRR EX-TREME-STREAM-STREAM-stream-stream-stream-stream-stream-stream!! :D

Did anyone else used to stand in front of their TV during the show and put your body in that "X" formation and spin around pretending that all the gear was attaching to you? Man that was fun. :)

d*r*j*
15th February 2009, 05:54 PM
I had Ace and the additional space suit add on thingy, I remember ace losing a leg after a few years of hard playing abuse but have no idea what happened to him. I'll have a look for parts etc for you.

That would be great... let me know if you find anything. I also had the extra spacesuit (orbital interceptor?) with Ace McCloud, was a great thing.
It's strange that Ace McCloud seems to the hardest Centurion to obtain on ebay misb. Was just wondering if he was the most popular or the most easily broken one...

Lint
15th February 2009, 08:11 PM
Did anyone else used to stand in front of their TV during the show and put your body in that "X" formation and spin around pretending that all the gear was attaching to you? Man that was fun. :)

Anyone who didn't is lying :p (orrrr has some sort of motor control disability :eek:)

d*r*j*
16th February 2009, 09:03 AM
Got a visit from the mailman today...
Some great junker parts from Fungal Infection, sent for the cost of postage, very generous guy.
And this beauty;
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff83/RockNRoll138/cent2.jpg
The seller described the box as 'poor' but it is almost perfect (except for the brown 22 year old tape). This toy won't be misb for long!! And Max Ray is on his way from the same seller.

d*r*j*
17th February 2009, 07:05 PM
Opened up Jake today, must say that it was a real thrill opening a 22-23 year old misb toy. Have never had that sensation before... my transformers are always newer issues... or secondhand (really try and avoid 2ndhand stuff).
Jake Rockwell is probably the best toy I own.

Fungal Infection
17th February 2009, 07:17 PM
If you end up with a complete Swingshot for your Jake before I do, I will be very upset with you. :p

d*r*j*
17th February 2009, 07:43 PM
I purchased another misb Jake Rockwell on ebay yesterday... this time the english language box one...

Not really that keen on the Swingshot... but if that's a challenge??

Fungal Infection
17th February 2009, 07:45 PM
Not a challenge, more a deterrent. You wouldn't want to see me unhappy. :p

d*r*j*
18th February 2009, 11:19 AM
well, we will just have to wait and see... my desire for centurions is growing pretty rapidly. I still have to find myself a nice Ace McCloud which is easier said than done considering how rare he seems to be. either his upper arms are massively discoloured or his helmet is lacking in the essential paint apps. When that task is done I will start checking out some of the more exotic stores in and around melbourne... see what I can find.

Is Swingshot hard to find or is it just the case that you haven't got around to it?

Fungal Infection
18th February 2009, 12:02 PM
Its hard to find complete with stickers applied. I've been looking for the better part of a year and they are either:

1. Missing stickers
2. Missing parts
3. Both

There are 2 on ebay at the moment but those 2 have been there for the last 8 months or so. Both are missing stickers and tank treads. One appeared last year with all my needs but was missing the gun barrel only. I was tempted to buy it along with the incomplete one from the other sellers to make a complete one but that would have set me back $200 and I'm just not prepared to spend that much on 1 exo-suit.

d*r*j*
18th February 2009, 08:30 PM
... already free of his box!!

There are 2 on ebay at the moment but those 2 have been there for the last 8 months or so. Both are missing stickers and tank treads. One appeared last year with all my needs but was missing the gun barrel only. I was tempted to buy it along with the incomplete one from the other sellers to make a complete one but that would have set me back $200 and I'm just not prepared to spend that much on 1 exo-suit.

There is a good aution for a partial Swingshot on ebay now... including those rare tracks. Could be a lucky break. Pretty sure the seller will send to Aus if asked, also seems to be pretty reasonable with postage.

Max looks great with 2 arm missiles... spent a frustrated night getting the second one working. Thanks again FI.

TWINS? Colours are heaps better on USJR. Both recently misb!

d*r*j*
2nd March 2009, 12:01 PM
Got a great bunch of centurions off ebay. Complete Ace McCloud... including all 3 complete weapon systems, Complete Doc Terror, incomplete Detonator/ Hornet/ Wild Weasel... only really missing a few parts each. Will post pictures another time.

d*r*j*
2nd March 2009, 11:03 PM
looks like I'm the only one posting in this thread... was really cool to get Ace McCloud again and my box of weapons has grown. Time to turn to something more Transformers related for a while... have repainted one leg of MP-04 and just started with the head and one of the hands... already I've wanted to just give up once or twice... so frustrating.

Fungal Infection
3rd March 2009, 12:38 AM
looks like I'm the only one posting in this thread...

Well, I already have all the figures and suits bar the Swingshot so I doubt you'll find me posting too much about centurions. But good work building up your collection. :)

d*r*j*
3rd March 2009, 09:42 AM
Well, I already have all the figures and suits bar the Swingshot so I doubt you'll find me posting too much about centurions. But good work building up your collection. :)

Do you have multiple figures for display purposes? ie. 2-3 Ace McClouds to show off multiple weapon systems.

Fungal Infection
3rd March 2009, 11:55 AM
I have 1 each of Ace, Jake and Max with their normal standard exo-suits and an extra of each with helmets only to use for their additional suits. I'm looking to get an extra Max and Jake with helmets only, to use with their extra suits. Not including their standard suit, Ace has 2, Jake has 4 and Max has 3. But since I dont display them with their standard suits, that means I'm right for Ace but still short for Max and Jake. And since I've yet to get a Swingshot, that means I only need 2 figures to be able to display them all with their extra suits. But I'm not actively looking at the moment since my attention is focused elsewhere (plus the weak aussie dollar makes them really pricey, even just for the stand alone figure).

TheFallen
7th March 2009, 06:39 PM
Great Pics. I only had Max when I was younger. I was a fan of the cartoon. Centurions and Silverhawks don't seem to get much love compared to Thundercats

I got the complete cartoon series on bootleg DVD a couple of years ago

d*r*j*
7th March 2009, 10:49 PM
Yeah Thundercats are great as well... have a few of those figures in my collection. Such good, wholesome toy orientated cartoons from the middle eighties.

sliderguy
14th November 2009, 06:45 AM
Hi i am a collector of centurions. Just love them. I nearly completed my collection how ever there are a few missing pieces here and there. I have like 50+ parts/pieces spares in good condition.

Im looking for slingshot and traumatizer.

I missed the best buy ever on ebay and really do regret not buying it. It was the whole collection of everything, no missing parts and also included beleive it nor not series 2 prototype Rex Charger. The lot got sold for £280.

Anyway if you are instrested let me know and we can trade.

sliderguy
14th November 2009, 07:03 AM
Hi iv been collecting centurions for a while and nearly completed my collection. I just need traumatizer and swingshot. I also got a few missing parts here and there.

Anyone out there wanna buy/trade, i have like 50+ pieces of centurions parts.

I missed a bargain of a life time on ebay. I really regret this. There was a centurions collection with everything, no missing parts and also included very hard to find rex charger from series 2 prototypes.
All got sold for a mere £280.

Thank you

d*r*j*
14th November 2009, 02:19 PM
Hi iv been collecting centurions for a while and nearly completed my collection. I just need traumatizer and swingshot. I also got a few missing parts here and there.

Anyone out there wanna buy/trade, i have like 50+ pieces of centurions parts.

I missed a bargain of a life time on ebay. I really regret this. There was a centurions collection with everything, no missing parts and also included very hard to find rex charger from series 2 prototypes.
All got sold for a mere £280.

Thank you

Rex charger would be cool to own.

I have a few spares...
Maybe you could list the parts you need and the parts you have to swap?

SofaMan
15th November 2009, 12:19 AM
Im looking for <snip> traumatizer.

You and me both buddy! I actually had one as a kid, but it got stolen. All I have left is one of the gun arms. :(

sliderguy
16th November 2009, 05:39 AM
Hi i am after is traumatizer baddy, swingshot and sea bat for max ray.

I also have a missing part for max ray and ace mccloud.

Ace mccloud skybolt part. Its a red piece which sits on the front of the jet pack covering aces face.

Max ray tidal blast part. Its a twirly yellow part. Really dont know how to describe it buts heres a link on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CENTURIONS-TIDAL-BLAST-MAX-RAY-ARMOR-TWIRLY-PIECE-PART_W0QQitemZ370284676022QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ200 91103?IMSfp=TL091103189001r23084

As for the spare parts, i have for ace, jake and max.

Heres a few things i have as too many things to mention.

Wild weasel, Orbital and skybolt. Few parts mssing from them, fair condition.

I have parts for max ray depth charger and tidal blast.

Missiles, launchers for all 3 characters. Bits from each weapon systems.

Hope that gives you some idea what i have.

Thank you.

TheFallen
21st November 2009, 08:44 PM
There are a couple of MIB Centurions going on ebay and I am so tempted to start collecting these

Well, these or start a M.A.S.K collection

heroic_decepticon
21st November 2009, 10:40 PM
just passing by, but this is a great thread. Love the pictures you posted Fungal.

I used to have Ace McCloud and all his weapons systems (biggest was Sky Bolt I think). As with all my childhood toys, including almost all boxed with inserts '84-'86 Transformers, they were given by my mum to a charity (shall not name charity, but I shall not donate to it till I die).

I thought Centurions were gone and forgotten, great to see they are getting some attention. I did think that they are a little too large and perhaps ungainly, but overall very nice toys.

TheFallen
22nd November 2009, 09:05 PM
I saw Detonator at Galaxy Toys today but I couldn't tell if it was complete. It had some peeling stickers.

I don't know the price because when I tried to look the legs fell out of position and I didn't know how to set it up again so I just propped it up and left it alone :)

sliderguy
24th November 2009, 10:13 AM
I think centurions toys were very good expecially the size the came in. 80s period were the best for toys and toys r us was the main place to go for all kind of fantastic stuff. Nowadays even at the age of well late 20s now i still pop into toys r us but the toys now are not as good.

I see the ad is still on in the UK for toys r us, featuring the classical song. Celebrating 25 years.

Finally i got a very good price for detonator and hornet from the US. I was thinkin of buying centurion MIB but its takes too much space. However loose figures and weapons i prefer as you can actually get the feel and put different weopon systems on. In boxes u cant do that.

Good theres insterest in centurions. Lets hope they make a movie some day and even make centurion figures which would be really cool.

Power extreme!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheFallen
24th November 2009, 11:59 AM
I personally don't think the fanbase is big enough to carry a movie or new toyline. The original toyline was deemed a failure, that is why the second wave of figures got canned

TheFallen
24th November 2009, 11:59 AM
I would love to be proven wrong though :)

sliderguy
7th February 2010, 11:27 AM
Hi everybody, i just recently completed my centurions collection but still after swing shot. I loved the centurions cartoon and the toyline. I had ace, max and jake as a kid but i lost all of them. :(

Cool theres instrest in centurions, it took me a while to get all the figures and the assault weapons.

Any one know where i can get hold of decals stickers or reprints for centurions?

Some stickers are msiing from my collection and would love to restore them.

Im only missing one piece and thats the black stabalizer for jake rockwell detonator.

I have also got 80+ spare parts for centurions for sale if anyone is intrested.

:)

TheFallen
7th February 2010, 06:09 PM
I am interested in your spare parts as I have only just started my Centurions collection

Do you have a list of what you have?

sliderguy
7th February 2010, 11:16 PM
Hi there too many to list. Will message again soon with the list. However i need 1 stabalizer for jake rockwell if you do have one for sale/trade that would be great.
By the way i managed to get full seabat and traumatizer in one aucton just recently and also got extra sea bat parts aswell. I was very fortunate to get the hard to find items.
Next is swingshot which actually got sold on the 16th jan 2010 but i missed that one. It was a buy it now and was very cheap. Doubt i see a swingshot again soon.

sliderguy
15th February 2010, 05:50 AM
Here is my collection so far. I forgot to add max ray cruisar in the photo. I do have it but just waiting for a max ray figure to arrive.

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/2887/72817893.jpg

Took me a while to collect most of them. I have a spare sea bat as well but hav'nt included in this photo.

For spare parts i have here is the link

http://img237.imageshack.us/i/46113692.jpg/
http://img230.imageshack.us/i/54065775.jpg/

You may probably noticed one part is missing for the detonator. Its the leg stabalizer.
Also missing some decals as well in some of the figures. Would be great if anyone knew who can reproduce them.

Overall im pretty happy with my collection. Just need swing shot. :-)

heroic_decepticon
15th February 2010, 10:14 PM
very impressive collection sir!

what's the name of the green figure at the bottom row? Don't think I've seen that before.

sliderguy
16th February 2010, 11:33 AM
Hi thanks for the comment on my collection.

The green figure is called traumatizer. Hes one of the 4 baddies. Very hard to find that one. I think some one is selling one on ebay for $100 which is way to much money.

I bought mine for $14 which was an absolute bargain not too long ago. I was very lucky enough to get that one. Must have took me 3 months to search that one.

I guess now and again traumatizer does pop up, just got to keep looking.

Swing shot is the only figure i need to actually complete the collection and is very hard to find. :)

sliderguy
20th February 2010, 01:23 PM
I just been looking on ebay and there is a swingshot for sale in box!!!!!!!!!!!. The crazy thing is it may go for alot more money than i first thought.

heres the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/vintage-centurions-power-xtreme-swingshot-MIB-kenner_W0QQitemZ300398776136QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_ DefaultDomain_0?hash=item45f1298f48

knock your selves out.

The person claiming he got this from a flea market. Must be the luckiest man out there.

TheFallen
20th February 2010, 01:48 PM
I am really enjoying building my Ceturions collection. I have put my M.A.S.K collecting on hold as I focus on this one more

Is there a definitive website showing each piece of every suit to ensure it is complete? I currently use Fungal's Centurions post to work out what I need but I would like to see pics of the suits disassembled like he has done with the Cruiser, Sky Knight and Fire Force

Is there anyone else who would like to see modern renditions of Centurions?
I think with todays technology they would be fantastic. Infact, the original line is fantastic. The play value of the figures really has stood the test of time

I would love to see Reprolabels release some stickers for Centurions. I still have a long way to go to complete this collection but I really am enjoying it so far

TheFallen
20th February 2010, 04:41 PM
Check this out (http://actionfiguresca.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Cartoons&action=display&thread=134) KO Centurions. I never knew these existed

heroic_decepticon
20th February 2010, 05:05 PM
while I'm really fond of Centurions, one issue I have with them is that they are overly large and, I dunno, sort of ungainly to play with. :p

sliderguy
21st February 2010, 01:07 PM
Im tempted to get swingshot. I mean its just that one assault weapon i need. Im still deciding. :confused:

I contacted reprolabels and they said they will do stickers in the future. Cant waiT. Iv asked many people online if they would scan the stickers decals and post them so all us centurion fans can print them out on sticker paper.

So if any one is reading this post get those decals scanned. :D

TheFallen
21st February 2010, 03:59 PM
Thats awesome news about Reprolabels. I will finally put an order in and get my TF stickers aswell :)

Has anyone ever disassembled a figure? My Max Ray arm snapped from the shoulder joint. I think I can fix it but I need to know how to get the torso open

Its a pity the fan base isn't big enough to make a website/forum for Centurions.
I wonder if Hasbro would ever answer a question in a Q&A if they would ever consider resurrecting this line. They own Kenner and I wonder if the still have the rights to this property

sliderguy
22nd February 2010, 10:57 AM
I actually managed to put an arm on ace mccloud with ease. I just applied abit of preassure whilst twisiting the arm and forcing it in. It worked. :D

Hasbro, i never knew they owned kenner. I may contact them and see what info i can get. Thanks for the info.

TheFallen
22nd February 2010, 11:26 AM
Be sure to let us know if you hear anything :)

d*r*j*
22nd February 2010, 02:26 PM
Has anyone ever disassembled a figure? My Max Ray arm snapped from the shoulder joint. I think I can fix it but I need to know how to get the torso open

I've cracked Thundercats, MOTU, MOTUC and Centurion weapons. But never a Centurion figure. I usually just start by pushing a sharp knife into the seam under the arm. Just keep pushing deeper until it cracks. It is very dangerous so if you are not pysically strong there are other methods that include drilling and prying. If you are under 18 you should ask your parents to do it for you.

sliderguy
5th March 2010, 06:51 AM
I contacted hasbro and wrote to them if they would reintroduce the centurions and possibly reproduced the decals.

Here is what they have to say:-

Unfortunately, this particular range has been discontinued for some years and our stock is completely exhausted, leaving me unable to satisfy your request.

However with reference to the comments you made with regards to the item, these have been noted and will be forwarded to our Marketing Department. We would like to thank you once again for taking the time to write to us as we welcome our customers' comments and suggestions, as they are invaluable for future improvements.

May we apologise for not being able to help you on this occasion. We thank you for contacting Hasbro and if we can be of any further assistance, either now or in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

I tried guys but hey at least its been noted. Will update more news in the future. :)

d*r*j*
11th March 2010, 08:13 PM
I have just aquired 3 Ace McClouds MIB.

The boxes were a bit squashed but I was fairly happy with them in general. I'll probably keep 2 of them, but I have 2 loose Aces as well, so that leaves one up for grabs. If you are interested then PM me and offer a trade.

sliderguy
12th March 2010, 10:15 AM
Wow 3 ace in MIB, very impressive. Iv acquired 5 empty centurion boxes which im going to put the figures in. This includes wildweasel, tidal blast, dr Terror, strafer, skybolt and max ray cruiser but no insert. Now im after other empty boxes which i can put the rest of my collection in. Im pretty surprised how mint the boxes are asides from a very few edge wear.

Picture will be posted tommorow. :)

sliderguy
12th March 2010, 10:18 AM
Oh i forgot i got my self a scanned image of sea bat decals. Im going to try and reproduce the decal. I will put that up as well if anyone wants to print them off. :)

d*r*j*
12th March 2010, 03:46 PM
Wow 3 ace in MIB, very impressive.

Was pretty much baffled that I couldn't buy Ace McCloud as easily as the other 2 when I first started collecting the toys. Ace McCloud was my nostaligic favorite (because I had him as a kid) but Jake Rockwell was always the coolest one and Max Ray has great colours and weapon systems.

sliderguy
13th March 2010, 11:17 AM
Hi again heres my updated collection and also a scanned copy of decals for max ray sea bat.

http://img85.imageshack.us/i/img2281d.jpg/

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/5692/image0ur.jpg

d*r*j*
13th March 2010, 12:58 PM
You have a nice collection, but...

You really need to display it on a bigger shelf, looks kind of cramped up.

I like the look of the UK boxes, only reallly familiar with the US and Canadian versions. Are they just english or are they multi-lingual european versions?

Can you post some more detailed pics of the Max Ray and Dr Terror boxes please?

TheFallen
13th March 2010, 03:41 PM
I have just aquired 3 Ace McClouds MIB.

The boxes were a bit squashed but I was fairly happy with them in general. I'll probably keep 2 of them, but I have 2 loose Aces as well, so that leaves one up for grabs. If you are interested then PM me and offer a trade.

I am interested in one of your loose Ace Mclouds. I will PM you

Wow 3 ace in MIB, very impressive. Iv acquired 5 empty centurion boxes which im going to put the figures in. This includes wildweasel, tidal blast, dr Terror, strafer, skybolt and max ray cruiser but no insert. Now im after other empty boxes which i can put the rest of my collection in. Im pretty surprised how mint the boxes are asides from a very few edge wear.

Picture will be posted tommorow. :)

I recently won an ebay item that came with a whole bunch of boxes such as Traumatiser. They aren't in the best condition though

d*r*j*
13th March 2010, 11:59 PM
I recently won an ebay item that came with a whole bunch of boxes such as Traumatiser. They aren't in the best condition though

A couple of weeks ago maybe on Aussie ebay? I was in the running for that auction and I regret not going harder and winning it. Haha.

d*r*j*
14th March 2010, 01:50 PM
Im only missing one piece and thats the black stabalizer for jake rockwell detonator.

I have also got 80+ spare parts for centurions for sale if anyone is intrested.

I reckon I've got an extra of this piece that you desire. Might have a look at your spares and we can work out a trade.

sliderguy
15th March 2010, 07:26 AM
Thats great happy to trade. :)

It may look cramped but ive actually made more space in there. My first display i couldnt even get the figures from the back. This caused the collection to calapse on each other whilst attempting to reach from the back. arrrggg.

The main ones that i like ive displayed. The harder ones to get sea bat and traumatizer. Makes the collection a tad unique. hehe.

I just may need a bigger shelf after all anyway for my centurions collection.:p

Will post pics of the individual boxes. Also im trying to look for a good price on ink for my printer. Need to reproduce the decals and stick them on my sea bat.

d*r*j*
15th March 2010, 09:34 AM
hey sliderguy, did you get my pm?

sliderguy
18th March 2010, 11:54 AM
Heres the pictures of the boxes which im surprised are in really nice condition apart from the obvious.

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/1339/img2322y.jpg
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/2451/img2319.jpg
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/4885/img2318h.jpg
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/2849/img2317e.jpg
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/8567/img2316p.jpg
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/2765/img2315w.jpg
http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/8595/img2314.jpg
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/3470/img2313.jpg
http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/6153/img2312y.jpg
http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/7259/img2311t.jpg
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/8320/img2310u.jpg
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/2541/img2309.jpg

hope thats plenty of pics to analyse. Couldnt beleive how cheap these boxes were. Guess i was lucky. Now need to hunt down more boxes.

Enjoy :)

sliderguy
20th March 2010, 07:57 AM
heres a different collection but may flog them off. Surprisingly got these very very cheap.

http://img707.imageshack.us/i/img2324b.jpg/

jake rockwell hornet with decals this time to add to my collection.

http://img3.imageshack.us/i/img2325kn.jpg/

Omega Supreme
20th March 2010, 12:50 PM
http://img707.imageshack.us/i/img2324b.jpg/

I dig the Communications pack

d*r*j*
31st March 2010, 11:47 AM
hope thats plenty of pics to analyse. Couldnt beleive how cheap these boxes were. Guess i was lucky. Now need to hunt down more boxes.

Enjoy :)

Yeah thanks. Although I do prefer the look of the American/ Canadian ones, it's great to see how these things were marketed in the UK/ Europe. I just spent a while searching online and couldn't find any MIB Centurions, in this style, with inserts.

Was pretty devastated that 2 MIB Dr Terrors were listed/ sold during the 8 days that I was away getting married and honeymooning. Can't win them all I suppose, at the prices they went for I would have probably tried to win them both!!

*****Also, I did a trade with Sliderguy for some parts. Just letting everyone know that it worked out great, not going to mention it in the feedback section because it's probably only relevant to this thread.*****

d*r*j*
31st March 2010, 04:15 PM
I'm seriously considering getting into MIB Centurion collecting! This is how my display is shaping up.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff83/RockNRoll138/surfersparadise012.jpg

d*r*j*
14th April 2010, 01:45 PM
got this beauty misb today;

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff83/RockNRoll138/surfersparadise.jpg

sliderguy
21st April 2010, 07:23 AM
Hi guys havnt been on for a while. Very nice hacker MIB you have there. Love the glass shelves. I was considering getting into collecting MIB but all comes down to money and not havnt a steady income kinda spoils it.

Managed however in a lighter note get my self a sea bat. Just won the auction the other day and the price i payed for it was very very cheap. Cant beleive it.:D

The sea bat i won have got decals on them and has all the pipes and i beleive 2 missiles instead of 6. Also comes with instructions as well. Im still chuffed though. As i already own 1 from before and now got a second. Whey hey.

I guess sea bat is very unique and one of the harder ones to find aside from traumatizer and swingshot.

Heres a link of the ridiculous price some one selling Max Ray sea bat and other centurions.

http://stuckinthe80s.com.au/centurions/sea-bat-w/max-ray-centurions/prod_599.html

Will post an updated pic of my collection soon as i get my sea bat and a few other items.

d*r*j*
8th May 2010, 12:53 PM
I just got one of those power pack things mint on card... the card is quite nice (compared to the other ones on ebay) so I'm not sure if I'm going to open it... is it any good? I have never seen one at work.

Fungal Infection
9th May 2010, 04:03 PM
I've got one loose - its basically a motorised pack which you connect to the front or rear of a figure then you add the opposite side to the it and it causes the action feature to operate itself. For example, in the case of Jake Rockwell's Detonator, you'd add the power pack to Jake's back and and then connect the twin blasters to his chest and it causes the guns to pop back and forth without you actually having to operate anything. An amusing feature if a bit bulky.

sliderguy
14th May 2010, 02:41 AM
I got 2 powerpacks and they are pretty neat yet clever. I agree when putting the powerpack on it does make the overall weopan system seem too bulky.

I see there is an increasingly amount of MISB centurions on ebay right now. I still havent seen swingshot yet.

just an update on my collection. I am abit tempted to get empty boxes for the rest of my figures but problem is its in the US and i dont know weather im prepared to pay the money for it. Oh well guess i may have to wait. Im sure some one will be selling boxes in the future.

http://img243.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img2432i.jpg
http://img33.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img2435d.jpg
http://img168.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img2436i.jpg
http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/7254/img2442l.jpg

d*r*j*
16th July 2010, 05:40 PM
Just picked up a mib Hornet on ebay. It's a seriously nice weapons system... probably my favorite now.

bowspearer
24th June 2011, 01:26 AM
Nice collections guys. Since this seems to be the common thread for posting Centurions collections in, here's mine.

The only thing missing from it is a MISB Wild Weasel which is in transit. With the exception of my Strafer which is MIB, everything boxed is sealed:

Sea Bat, Max Ray w/- Cruiser, Tidal Blast & Depth Charger MISB
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b10/Bowspearer/Action%20Figure%20Collection/Centurions/th_DSC00241-4.jpg (http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b10/Bowspearer/Action%20Figure%20Collection/Centurions/?action=view&current=DSC00241-4.jpg)

Seabat & Jake Rockwell w/- Fireforce MISB
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b10/Bowspearer/Action%20Figure%20Collection/Centurions/th_SeabatandJakeRockwell.jpg (http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b10/Bowspearer/Action%20Figure%20Collection/Centurions/?action=view&current=SeabatandJakeRockwell.jpg)

Jake Rockwell w/- Fireforce, Powerpack, Hornet & Detonator MISB
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b10/Bowspearer/Action%20Figure%20Collection/Centurions/th_JakeRockwellwithFireforcePowerPackH.jpg (http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b10/Bowspearer/Action%20Figure%20Collection/Centurions/?action=view&current=JakeRockwellwithFireforcePowerPackH.jpg)

Ace McCloud w/-Skyknight & Orbital Interceptor MISB
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b10/Bowspearer/Action%20Figure%20Collection/Centurions/th_AceMcCloudandOrbitalInterceptorMISB.jpg (http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b10/Bowspearer/Action%20Figure%20Collection/Centurions/?action=view&current=AceMcCloudandOrbitalInterceptorMISB.jpg)

Dr Terror w/- Syntax MISB & Doom Drones Strafer MIB
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b10/Bowspearer/Action%20Figure%20Collection/Centurions/th_DocTerrorandDoomDroneStrafer.jpg (http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b10/Bowspearer/Action%20Figure%20Collection/Centurions/?action=view&current=DocTerrorandDoomDroneStrafer.jpg)

Dr Terror w/- Syntax & Traumatiser
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b10/Bowspearer/Action%20Figure%20Collection/Centurions/th_DocTerrorandTraumatiser.jpg (http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b10/Bowspearer/Action%20Figure%20Collection/Centurions/?action=view&current=DocTerrorandTraumatiser.jpg)

Hacker w/- Lesion MISB & Doom Drones Strafer MIB
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b10/Bowspearer/Action%20Figure%20Collection/Centurions/th_HackerwithDoomDroneStraferMISB.jpg (http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b10/Bowspearer/Action%20Figure%20Collection/Centurions/?action=view&current=HackerwithDoomDroneStraferMISB.jpg)

Doc Terror Flashlight MISB
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b10/Bowspearer/Action%20Figure%20Collection/Centurions/th_MISBDocTerrorFlashlight.jpg (http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b10/Bowspearer/Action%20Figure%20Collection/Centurions/?action=view&current=MISBDocTerrorFlashlight.jpg)

heroic_decepticon
24th June 2011, 02:10 AM
bowspherer, I have no idea what Centurion prices are like or how hard or rare or difficult they are to find, but damn, that is an awesome collection you got there.

(I don't even browse this thread much, but your post made me navigate here. Kudos and welcome to the Boards!)

bowspearer
24th June 2011, 02:18 AM
bowspherer, I have no idea what Centurion prices are like or how hard or rare or difficult they are to find, but damn, that is an awesome collection you got there.

(I don't even browse this thread much, but your post made me navigate here. Kudos and welcome to the Boards!)

Thanks. Prices on some pieces are getting insane. A joke on another forum a while back is that it's like someone has strapped Orbital Interceptors to them these days.

Seabat cost me the most- I picked it up a couple of months ago for $250. Just glad I only need 3 pieces now and only 2 of those (Traumatiser and Swingshot) are going to cost an arm and a leg heh. Saw a Swingshot advertised a couple of months before this but non-Us bidders were blocked from even contacting the seller.

Still let's face it, half the trick to this is patience and timing.

bowspearer
28th June 2011, 08:14 PM
Is it greedy owning 2 MISB seabats? :p

d*r*j*
29th June 2011, 06:16 AM
Is it greedy owning 2 MISB seabats? :p

No. Not greedy... maybe a little lucky, depending on price.

I once needed a chest gun for detonator... ending up buying a misb detonator, opening it, taking the one gun out, leaving the rest mib... it was the easiest way to get that gun.

bowspearer
3rd July 2011, 05:03 PM
I'll probably sell off one of the sealed ones or the current loose one when I get this one. Currently giving a friend first option, but depending on what they say, I might be offering it here.

bowspearer
6th August 2011, 03:00 PM
Scratch that, I AM auctioning off my 2nd MISB Seabat. Bragging rights would be nice, but I need the cash right now lol (but that doesn't mean I'm accepting lowball offers :p).

BEEFY
17th June 2012, 07:29 AM
sliderguy ive just joined this site and yea like most 80s kids saw the CENTURIONS and had to get them again! Have you still got any of the spares left? need ace's arm gun and two chest lasers also jake's shoulder lamp and yellow missile. Cheers mate

BEEFY
17th June 2012, 08:02 AM
Hi FUNGAL have u got any spares left mate? ifso could you let me know. Cheers BEEFY

BEEFY
5th July 2012, 03:55 AM
1x large red clip-on missile from skybolt.
1xPlasma shell-Fireforce
1xRadar sensor comp-Fireforce
If anybody can help with any of these parts would be much apreciated CASH Waiting!
Thanks BEEFY

VERT
5th July 2012, 08:30 AM
Got a loose Ace McCloud for sale. Best I can offer

doc terror
2nd March 2013, 11:11 PM
hello i here because im looking for pieces for my centurions collection i've been to most of the fairs and collectibles. hobbies and internet sites and lacking in this department.

i have bits and pieces and almost complete systems.

im looking to complete my hornet and detanter ans well as i need a few pieces for ace weapons consloes as well.

if anybody can help please feel free to contact me

doc terror
2nd March 2013, 11:15 PM
1x large red clip-on missile from skybolt.
1xPlasma shell-Fireforce
1xRadar sensor comp-Fireforce
If anybody can help with any of these parts would be much apreciated CASH Waiting!
Thanks BEEFY

ive got an almost complete fireforce spare only missing the radar top piece plus spare pieces for it as well

VdubJoe
11th February 2014, 02:18 AM
I'm just a few pieces away from completing my Centurions collection and I was wondering if you guys could help me out. Here is a quick list of what I'm looking for:

Hornet (Complete)
Swingshot (Complerte :D)
Hoses for the Sea Bat
Various helmets for the figures
and a RH leg for the Depth Charger

I'd appreciate any help.
Thanks!

centurion2014
29th June 2014, 10:47 AM
anyone looking to sell any of the centurions i am looking for seabat if someone has available.

bowspearer
29th June 2014, 01:18 PM
I have a spare sealed Seabat Centurion2014 (I'm guessing you're the "majanjua" who left a comment on photobucket), however I'm only prepared to trade it for a sealed Swingshot and that's non-negotiable.

clinthammer
6th January 2016, 09:43 PM
Bumping this thread because I have recently started collecting the Centurions figures. I've got everything except the following:

1. Depth Charger (there is a boxed one on Ebay for $200 sigh too much)
2. Swingshot
3. Doom Drone Traumatizer
4. Power Pack.

I managed to pick up a SeaBat complete (no box or manual) for about US$155.

drifand
6th January 2016, 11:00 PM
Nice bump I remember those days I just didn't buy one but did borrowed one to play. Was not bad.

Falcon
7th January 2016, 02:55 AM
Loved the show- wish I had the toys when I was younger. :)

Gofigure
10th January 2016, 12:05 PM
Such a great toy line ahhhhh the memories

If anyone selling ANYTHING centurions action figure related please pm me!!!!!

Hehe

clinthammer
10th January 2016, 08:08 PM
Such a great toy line ahhhhh the memories

If anyone selling ANYTHING centurions action figure related please pm me!!!!!

Hehe

Ebay has a lot of them... be prepared to pay a fair bit.

hanprimus
11th July 2020, 08:04 AM
It?s a long shot but if anyone here has any Centurions they?re willing to let go please let me know!

drifand
13th July 2020, 11:46 AM
These were cool toys. Fun and just entertaining. Would buy them if they decide to reboot it.

Autocon
13th July 2020, 10:25 PM
Were there only 16 toys in the set?

megatren
13th March 2021, 10:21 AM
Looking for Jake Rockwell with or without accessories. Let me know if you have anything for sale. Cheers!

LilySummer23
27th May 2023, 01:06 AM
Hi again heres my updated collection and also a scanned copy of decals for max ray sea bat.

http://img85.imageshack.us/i/img2281d.jpg/

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/5692/image0ur.jpg

Hi

Could you upload these again as cannot seem to get the images. Many thanks. Lily

LilySummer23
27th May 2023, 01:14 AM
Hi. The decal images cannot open, can it be uploaded again? Many thanks Lily