PDA

View Full Version : Permanent Pricing Changes

jaydisc
10th February 2009, 04:39 PM
Last year Hasbro announced that they'd be raising prices of many toys. The USA has now seen a rise in Deluxe prices at the two biggest retailers and I think we've started to see effects of that starting from the end of last year with Kmart's $16.99 Activators. The $26.99 Activators is an obvious error, so I'm not referring to that.

I thought it would be good to note any changes we see locally. I don't think we should be putting sale prices here, just changes to regular prices.

Today I noticed that TRU was charging $17.99 for Bumper Battlers which also seems like a price rise.

I also noticed that Movie Voyagers at Kmart are now down to $39.99. They also restocked so I wonder if Hasbro is starting to clear out what's left of Movie toys at reduced prices to retailers here.

Gutsman Heavy
10th February 2009, 04:50 PM
Big W have upped TFU deluxes in my area to $25.xx

SofaMan
10th February 2009, 05:45 PM
Yeah - I bought Ironhide from BigW on the weekend, and he was $25.44.

Paulbot
10th February 2009, 08:03 PM
But Animated Deluxes remain cheaper (on the shelf tag at least - haven't been any new ones for me to buy) at Big W.

liegeprime
10th February 2009, 09:08 PM
NOOOOO! SIF THIS HOBBY WASNT EXPENSIVE ENOUGH AS IT IS!:eek::(:(

MV75
10th February 2009, 09:22 PM
Whoo hoo. Sticking with encore for the most part.

You'd think that with oil being cheaper and something about a GFC, they'd be cheaper. But if Hasbro want to price themselves out, then be my guest.

roller
10th February 2009, 11:01 PM
$17 for Activators???!!!! those little teeny things?

wat a rip!!!

i_amtrunks
11th February 2009, 09:43 AM
$17 for Activators???!!!! those little teeny things?

wat a rip!!!

They have taken the scout class pricing.

It's a strange move, the legends are nearly $10 a pop and the next size class is $7 more... Transformers are too expensive to buy a kid as a "shutup and behave" toy. Good news for Hot Wheels I suppose... :rolleyes:

Golden Phoenix
11th February 2009, 05:24 PM
The TFU deluxes were scanning about 28 at K-mart today.
I'm not liking this

STL
11th February 2009, 06:02 PM
Yeah, I was going to query that too. I thought originally the price of $12 for Robot Heroes was a reflection of the mid range price. One thing about higher hasbro prices though is that it makes the alternative, where possible, Japanese versions more desirable.

Defcon
11th February 2009, 06:52 PM
price comparison for deluxes best to worst...

Big W 25.44
Kmart 28.99
Target 28.99 ??
David Jones 29.99
Myer 29.99 ??
Toys R Us ??
Mr Toys Toyworld ??

?? I'm not sure of price
Big W seems to the best at the moment.

Transformers Crossovers

Big W $29.99
Kmart $32.99

jaydisc
14th February 2009, 04:31 PM
In Hasbro's US Toy Fair Press Release:

TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE 25th ANNIVERSARY FIGURES – DELUXE AND VOYAGER
Approximate Retail price: DELUXE scale $12.99; VOYAGER scale $22.99; Ages 5 & up; Available: First waves in January 2009, with additional waves released throughout spring.

That's of course USD, but I think the price hike is quite official now.

griffin
14th February 2009, 08:26 PM
A 30% increase in US retail pricing for deluxes is a bit ominous. That'd be like having to pay close to $40 for a deluxe here if our prices went up by the same percentage.

Golden Phoenix
14th February 2009, 09:37 PM
A 30% increase in US retail pricing for deluxes is a bit ominous. That'd be like having to pay close to $40 for a deluxe here if our prices went up by the same percentage.

um.....Myer has Animated Deluxes at $40 each

STL
15th February 2009, 11:18 AM
I find it strange that Hasbro can raise its prices in such an economic climate. To me it seems to say that Hasbro is very confident of the TF brand and its direction. Otherwise, its pretty suicidal at this time.

Defcon
15th February 2009, 12:41 PM
I'm not overly confident in the transformers brand. However, the upcoming movie will put transformers in the spotlight again. With this alone they will move alot of stock. I personally think the universe line has been marred by some cybertronian repaints such as Blaster, Heavy Load, these just look so unappealing and are shelf warming, same goes for animated Leader class Ultra Magnus ,ah moving off topic...

I have noticed stock only really moves during sales, unless its a new wave. Otherwise it just sits there. Expensive ultras just sit on the shelf. Seriously these are expensive childrens toys.
Even when something is on sale though retailers are still making profits, unless its drastically reduced on clearance.

At severe markup prices I wont be buying as much. It's easy to buy more when something is at a lower price ie 'impulse buy'.
Expensive items you think about more and in the end you may just walk away.
If the paint decos look like quality and interactive accessories are included, like targetmasters, minions, props, mini figures, cool weapons etc. I may be swayed to buy. Most people want value for the money they spend.
Sorry long post.

STL
15th February 2009, 11:19 PM
I'm not overly confident in the transformers brand. However, the upcoming movie will put transformers in the spotlight again. With this alone they will move alot of stock. I personally think the universe line has been marred by some cybertronian repaints such as Blaster, Heavy Load, these just look so unappealing and are shelf warming, same goes for animated Leader class Ultra Magnus ,ah moving off topic...

I have noticed stock only really moves during sales, unless its a new wave. Otherwise it just sits there. Expensive ultras just sit on the shelf. Seriously these are expensive childrens toys.
Even when something is on sale though retailers are still making profits, unless its drastically reduced on clearance.

At severe markup prices I wont be buying as much. It's easy to buy more when something is at a lower price ie 'impulse buy'.
Expensive items you think about more and in the end you may just walk away.
If the paint decos look like quality and interactive accessories are included, like targetmasters, minions, props, mini figures, cool weapons etc. I may be swayed to buy. Most people want value for the money they spend.
Sorry long post.

Not long at all, buddy.

And I agree. Severe markup prices are definitely going to force many here to reconsider how much to buy. Not to mention the relative cost of Japanese releases will be cheaper now and more attractive so the incentive to buy local will fall.

And I again agree, new waves move quickly at first but then start to sit idly. Even elite Guard BB is staying on shelves now.

blackie
15th February 2009, 11:29 PM
the main problem for hasbro isnt us not wanting to buy, its the parents wanting to buy for their kids, cause in the end as theve stated on a number of occasions, its young boys that is their target demograhic, and if they keep raising their prices, then theyll have less of a chance of compeating with things like Ben10, which seems to be all the rage these days (having a teenage brother and cousins stops me from finding out about the kids fads these days), and overall thats what theyre trying to do. IMO they should look to lower profit margins to drag in more business. id rather sell 2 toys with margins at 10% each than one at 13% for example. they have to think smart in the economic downturn, where disposeable income for working parents will be a premium. they will scrutinize how they spend much more these days, and i think that the higher priced "shut up child" toys will take a hit (transformes included) and that they toys like hotwheels etc will become more popular because of theyre low price point. JMO

STL
15th February 2009, 11:38 PM
the main problem for hasbro isnt us not wanting to buy, its the parents wanting to buy for their kids, cause in the end as theve stated on a number of occasions, its young boys that is their target demograhic, and if they keep raising their prices, then theyll have less of a chance of compeating with things like Ben10, which seems to be all the rage these days (having a teenage brother and cousins stops me from finding out about the kids fads these days), and overall thats what theyre trying to do. IMO they should look to lower profit margins to drag in more business. id rather sell 2 toys with margins at 10% each than one at 13% for example. they have to think smart in the economic downturn, where disposeable income for working parents will be a premium. they will scrutinize how they spend much more these days, and i think that the higher priced "shut up child" toys will take a hit (transformes included) and that they toys like hotwheels etc will become more popular because of theyre low price point. JMO

I agree completely. They shld be thinking about parents. But what I think they're trying to do is build TFs into not just a toyline but the premium toyline for kids. So instead of competing against Ben10, they want to be seen as the superior alternative to Ben10, something more upmarket. I think they think they can do it on the back of the 1st movie and now the 2nd but I think that's misguided. No matter how good a movie, it won't necessarily sell toys and maybe in a short space of time but not in the long-term. A Deluxe seems as big as a Ben10 action figure. If I were a parent, I'd go for Ben10. Well recognised as well but nowhere near as expensive. I hope that this doesn't hurt TFs in the long run.

blackie
15th February 2009, 11:46 PM
I agree completely. They shld be thinking about parents. But what I think they're trying to do is build TFs into not just a toyline but the premium toyline for kids. So instead of competing against Ben10, they want to be seen as the superior alternative to Ben10, something more upmarket. I think they think they can do it on the back of the 1st movie and now the 2nd but I think that's misguided. No matter how good a movie, it won't necessarily sell toys and maybe in a short space of time but not in the long-term. A Deluxe seems as big as a Ben10 action figure. If I were a parent, I'd go for Ben10. Well recognised as well but nowhere near as expensive. I hope that this doesn't hurt TFs in the long run.

great minds think alike mate

this upmarket stuff is crap, if they keep it up, all they will sell to is us and the people in the upper middle class and above. i know now that if i had a kid, and wasnt into TF's like i am now i wouldnt get them from my kids because there isnt the exposure for them. The movie will make children want TF's but the problem is, is that the movie is rated for a more mateure audience, so haivng kids underr the age of 8 or so wathcing it isnt so much of the way to go, and thats who they should be aiming at. in a way the movie will create a fad, as it did last time (i got caught up in it to an extent, and then rediscoverd G1 properly, and here i am now :P ) and will make kids want the toys for a while, but then something else will come along, a new cartoon, a rehash of an old cartoon (TMNT maybe? :P ) and most of the children will forget about their wants for transformers and once again we will have shelf warmers. i said it before, but im tired so ill say it again, they need to make the toys more appealing for parents to buy, (IMO the movie toys are UGLY, the robot faces are too harsh and so are the angles, not so apealing to children IMO) as compared to what else is marketed at their target demographic... maybe im in the wrong field with engineering and should work in the marketing sector.... :P

i_amtrunks
16th February 2009, 10:17 AM
With Ben 10 toys costing under $15 for the basic/deluxe sized toys, and Bakugans costing anywhere from $5-$50 (those are the 2 big fads I know of) Deluxe transformers costing $30 seems like a really stupid move.

With only Legends (getting close to $10), and the occasional scout or Activator costing closer to $20, it's putting Transformers out of the "bribe/shut-up/behave" price class, and eschewing them firmly in the "birthday/christmas" present area only.

I guess Hasbro figure that since the first movie toys sold so well, a small increase before the second movie toys release will be the best way to maximise their profits.

GoktimusPrime
16th February 2009, 10:21 AM
At this rate a lot of parents may opt to buy their kids Roadbots. Roadbots: the next generation of Machine Men!

Defcon
16th February 2009, 06:03 PM
(IMO the movie toys are UGLY, the robot faces are too harsh and so are the angles, not so apealing to children IMO) as compared to what else is marketed at their target demographic... :P

This is true the robot faces are ugly in most cases ! and the movie really is for a mature audience as well! but they provide some cute merchandise as well which might seem more appealing and then later on the child may decide they want to upgrade to a new transformer toy. Just a theory. Also boys in general like war toys! getting a bunch of toys and having a battle has alot of appeal :D

MV75
16th February 2009, 06:45 PM
If I were a parent, I'd go for Ben10. Well recognised as well but nowhere near as expensive. I hope that this doesn't hurt TFs in the long run.

While ben10 is awesome and I really dig it, if I were a parent I'd be all over lego for the young'uns.

Massive replayability and very large price ranges. You can go for the cheap right up to the "christmas present" on the lego scale. And there are plenty of (different) sets in every category. Different being not just the same thing in a difffernt scale, eg, optimus.

Paulbot
16th February 2009, 08:19 PM
Noticed both Animated and Universe deluxes for $28.99 and the Crossover Transformers for $34.99 at K-Mart.

STL
16th February 2009, 10:56 PM
Noticed both Animated and Universe deluxes for $28.99 and the Crossover Transformers for $34.99 at K-Mart.

:( That's two price rises for K-Mart Crossover toys. The first was from $30 to $33. Now another hike. That means TRU prices shld be higher. This isn't good.

i_amtrunks
17th February 2009, 09:07 AM

So another $1 for Deluxes and another $2 for the crossovers?

I guess Target and TRU will follow suit in the near future?

To think the first wave of Universe/Classics figures were only $25 for the deluxes... and Cybertron about $23 at Kmart.

Ode to a Grasshopper
17th February 2009, 07:46 PM
Toyworld Fremantle has deluxes for $29.95 up from $26.95 :(.

On the plus side, their Legends were only $6, time to grab me a Beachcomber soon methinks.

STL
22nd February 2009, 11:05 PM
Ouch.

Reading about the price increases isn't the same as seeing them. It really hurt to see $28.99 and $29.99 on a Deluxe. TFs are getting pretty damned expensive. Even at 20%, that's $24. I think in the future sale prices will be closer to $25 given how nice and round that figure sounds.

That sucks though b/c just last year, you could get 5 deluxes at sale prices for $100 but now u can only get 4 for $100. Sigh.

jaydisc
13th March 2009, 03:35 PM
As Tiby discovered and I have just validated, Animated Voyagers at TRU are now $69.99.

Who TF would by a toy that size for $70? What TF are they thinking?

dirge
13th March 2009, 04:28 PM
I think you mixed your words, but yeah, in answer to your question jay - I doubt I'll be buying any more voyagers if that price spreads. That price is simply ridiculous - no voyager is worth that for me.

Paulbot
13th March 2009, 04:42 PM

Same price that Minotaur was asking for Wreck-Gar. :(

jaydisc
13th March 2009, 05:19 PM
Well, I think Minotaur is different. That's import pricing.

SGB
13th March 2009, 05:42 PM
$70 for a Voyager is utterly ridiculous.

Zippo
13th March 2009, 07:07 PM
Farmers New Zealand have raised several prices
Animated Activators are up to $18 (from $15) and SW Crossovers are up to $40 (from $30).

Means the Warehouse has my purchases again for these items (they recently dropped the Activators price down to $15 (from $18)

Paulbot
13th March 2009, 10:15 PM
Well, I think Minotaur is different. That's import pricing.
Yeah exactly, it doesn't make sense that a regular chain toy store is selling at the same price as a one shop speciality store. :confused:

Bumbleb33
13th March 2009, 11:42 PM
If that pricing trend starts to appear more and more all over the place it may well soon become more viable to import figures even given the current pretty poor exchange rate.

MV75
14th March 2009, 11:32 AM
Hang on, $69 for a voyager? Has to be a pricing mistake, no way it would be a sudden ~$20 increase. That's too large a leap.

Farmers New Zealand have raised several prices

And I thought you were going to say they increased the price of lamb to $18/hour. :D ;)

grimlock531
16th March 2009, 09:05 PM
saw tfa deluxes for 33 buks at toy kingdom at eastland :eek:

jaydisc
23rd March 2009, 04:56 PM
Noticed this today at my local Myer. It looks like Universe Deluxes are going up in price to $31.95. At least it's not $39.95.

http://lindalane.com/temporary/tf/IMG_0015.jpg

Tetsuwan Convoy
23rd March 2009, 05:00 PM
As Tiby discovered and I have just validated, Animated Voyagers at TRU are now $69.99.

I wonder who would pay $40 for a deluxe?!?! Seems ridiculous, since an equivalent sized toy in another line is about $15/20 for example, Marvel Legend. Just coz it has 2 modes, doesn't mean its worth two times the price!!!

Paulbot
23rd March 2009, 05:12 PM
Noticed this today at my local Myer. It looks like Universe Deluxes are going up in price to $31.95. At least it's not $39.95.

http://lindalane.com/temporary/tf/IMG_0015.jpg

A $2 increase I can understand. The ongoing difference in cost between Animated and Universe deluxes is hard to forgive.

shokwave2
23rd March 2009, 07:05 PM
Myer's prices have always been higher than other retailers so i wouldn't go off their pricing structure.

Golden Phoenix
23rd March 2009, 08:25 PM
:eek::eek: your kidding

WTH is wrong with Myer and their Transformers.
They seem to be able to put a decent price on Lego

Sutton
5th April 2009, 02:23 PM
Well, the Launceston Myer has dropped the prices on their 25th Ann Pinkimus Primes ($89.95) as well as animated Ultra Magnus ($74.95).

Still not biting on the pink Prime yet, not if I'm going to have to fork out another $5 or so on a tin of decent red paint to fix him up with.

griffin
6th April 2009, 11:22 AM
Why can't we get these sort of price changes here...
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/animated-8/target-exclusives-animated-sunstorm-and-animated-shockwave---clearance-for-499-167244/

The Target exclusive Animated packs (sunstorm or purple shockwave), are being sold for 80% off in America, bringing much joy to many american fans.
Those darn americans get some great bargains...

liegeprime
6th April 2009, 11:35 AM
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/animated-8/target-exclusives-animated-sunstorm-and-animated-shockwave---clearance-for-499-167244/

The Target exclusive Animated packs (sunstorm or purple shockwave), are being sold for 80% off in America, bringing much joy to many american fans.

Not just them Griff. even closer - Philippines for instance sells deluxes still at the AU$22-25 worth price range and these are newer ones. Ive been sorely tempted to ask my friends there to buy me some and then claim it once I got for holidays, but I know that since theres a whole heaps of collector/hobby shops that sprouted there, once I do go for a holiday later this year it'll be even more discounted. Wonder which Hasbro is in CHarge of their supplies there? How come ours here are just ... i dont know ... lacking?.

Golden Phoenix
6th April 2009, 11:58 AM

Damn.
Maybe if hasbro had sent some of that stock here it would have sold for the normal price and they would have made some money. Instead they flood us with stupid Ultimate Bumblebees

jaydisc
19th May 2009, 12:23 PM
TRU has raised Universe Ultra price from $59.99 to $69.99 and have tremendous amounts of stock. They must think it's opposite day. :D

jaydisc
8th June 2009, 04:10 PM
Myer has reduced Ultra Magnus to $75, seemingly permanently as they're all labelled as such:

http://lindalane.com/temporary/tf/IMG_0049.jpg

And I'm not sure when, but Big W increased their Universe Ultra price by $3.96:

http://lindalane.com/temporary/tf/IMG_0050.jpg

I hope that goes well for them both. :p

MV75
8th June 2009, 04:38 PM
And I'm not sure when, but Big W increased their Universe Ultra price by $3.96:

Last month:

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=95368&postcount=113

Dylbot
8th June 2009, 04:41 PM
I'm Worried the prices are just gonna keep going up and up untill deluxes cost 50 bucks

MV75
8th June 2009, 04:44 PM
I'm Worried the prices are just gonna keep going up and up untill deluxes cost 50 bucks

Well in 1988-ish they were $10, now they're ~2.5x the cost. I estimate in 20 years time, yes, $50 deluxes, but with engineering/electronic gimmicks out the wahzoo, and just a couple of crude brush strokes of paint to represent some colour. :D

Deceptic_Optic
8th June 2009, 04:54 PM
At this rate a lot of parents may opt to buy their kids Roadbots. Roadbots: the next generation of Machine Men!

GO THE ROADBOTS!

enforcer888
8th June 2009, 04:56 PM
Well in 1988-ish they were $10, now they're ~2.5x the cost. I estimate in 20 years time, yes, $50 deluxes, but with engineering/electronic gimmicks out the wahzoo, and just a couple of crude brush strokes of paint to represent some colour. :D

How much were the Armada/Energon/Cybertron deluxes? Can't seem to remember!

MV75
8th June 2009, 05:28 PM
Well cybertron was roughly:

Scout $14
Deluxe $23
Voyager $35-45
Ultra $45-55
Leader $65-80
Supreme $100-120

Golden Phoenix
8th June 2009, 07:58 PM

Scout $14
Deluxe $23
Voyager $35-45
Ultra $45-55
Leader $65-80
Supreme $100-120

I remember Armada being about the same. If only less but $1 or so

enforcer888
8th June 2009, 08:15 PM
Sounds about right, thanks guys. :)

i_amtrunks
9th June 2009, 10:37 AM

Scout $14
Deluxe $23
Voyager $35-45
Ultra $45-55
Leader $65-80
Supreme $100-120

With the lower prices at Big W and Kmart, and the higher ones at Toyworld...now Toyworld is about the same as Kmart. :rolleyes:

jaydisc
18th December 2009, 03:46 PM
Just saw the Universe G1 Optimus Prime at kmart for what seems to be the standard price of $39.

jaydisc
4th February 2010, 07:56 PM
Pretty sure Kmart has reduced their deluxe price to $25.

griffin
15th February 2010, 02:52 PM
Took note of as many prices as I could at the ten stores I checked out on the weekend, but lack of stock at most meant no shelf-tags or stock of a number of size classes. As the stores start to get in the new NEST toys, I'll try to fill the gaps (and update the toy-price comparisson post in the AUS news section).

(note - if a price is within 10 cents of the next dollar, I round it up)

Ones noted so far though:

Target - just about everything is still priced EXACTLY the same as mid last year, except:
Leader Class - $99 (was $100)
Star Wars TFs - $35 (was $30)
(Animated Leaders are obviously a lot cheaper at $20, but is likely to be just clearance stock from Hasbro)

Kmart - a number of changes, and each is cheaper than before.
Legends Class - $5 (was $9)
Scout Class - $15.75 (was $16)
Deluxe Class - $25 (was $29, as noted in the post above)
Robot Heroes - $9.75 (was $10)
RPMs Minivehicles single pack - $8 (was $10)

BigW - some minor reductions, but very hard to find stock to get price details.
Scout class - $15.64 (was $15.88)
Leader Class - $87.66 (was $88.73)
Star Wars TFs - $31.88 (was $34)
RPMs Minivehicles single pack - $9 (was $9.88)

Toys R Us - was able to check just about every size class, but only found 2 price changes.
FABs - $28 (was $30)
Robot Heroes - $10 (was $12)

Myer and DavidJones still had all the same prices.

Toyworld is a franchise chain that can vary prices between stores, but still found most of the Classes still priced the same as in the Price Comparisson listing. Exceptions at the store I checked on the weekend:
StarWars TFs - $30 (was $35 on the list)
RPMs Minivehicles 2-pack - $18 (was $19 on the list)
(Each of those could still be the old price at other stores though)

Back with more if I find them, as I'm filling the gaps.

CryptiK
15th February 2010, 08:12 PM
I believ Uncle Petes are now selling Animated Voyages at $36 permanently

jaydisc
15th February 2010, 09:33 PM
Legends Class - $5 (was $9)

I think this is just last week's sale price. And the old price was $7 (by my experience).

griffin
16th February 2010, 12:27 AM
I'll double-check, as I looked at a lot of prices over the weekend, but I'm pretty sure it was a regular shelf tag (and I didn't think there was any sale on Friday when I was there).

CryptiK
16th February 2010, 01:44 AM
I'll double-check, as I looked at a lot of prices over the weekend, but I'm pretty sure it was a regular shelf tag (and I didn't think there was any sale on Friday when I was there).Animated Leaders at $20 would this be across all stores?

griffin
16th February 2010, 01:21 PM
Only Target.

griffin
16th February 2010, 01:29 PM
I'll double-check, as I looked at a lot of prices over the weekend, but I'm pretty sure it was a regular shelf tag (and I didn't think there was any sale on Friday when I was there).

Just noticed the kmart sale topic (and checked the catalogue online), so will recheck when the sale ends to see if these are new standard prices or temporary sale prices (nothing was noted on the shelves, and the catalogue doesn't mention any discount amount (other sale items in the catalogue say how much you are saving) or 'was' prices, suggesting it could be a permanent price change).

CryptiK
16th February 2010, 02:25 PM
Only Target.yeah thats what I meant all stores of Target.

griffin
17th February 2010, 08:15 PM
I think this is just last week's sale price. And the old price was $7 (by my experience).

Checked another Kmart, and they had some old shelf tags still up, showing the regular price being $6.75. At least that's still some movement from the $7 price for Legends. And I checked the price comparisson posting, which had '$7', realising it was actually my bad handwriting that looked like a '9' instead of a '7'... :o

Other price changes that I noted today at Big W:
Deluxe - $24.66 (was $24.93)
FAB - $24.48 (was $24.66)

CryptiK
19th February 2010, 11:40 PM
Im heading to Shellharbour Target on Monday I really hope they still have the Animated Leaders >.< I'll get all of them if so

griffin
7th April 2010, 01:50 AM
I think TRU have knocked off $5 off their RPMs Battle Chargers. I'm pretty sure they were $25 last week when I went in to by something for the free Ravage. Today I went in again to get the Shanghai set (for another Ravage), and the Battle Chargers were now $20.

griffin
14th April 2010, 11:42 AM
Christalcase and I saw at TRU today that they got in a lot of new stock of the Comic 2-packs (Springer/Ratbat, Dirge/Roadbuster), and are now half price. They were $100 last week, but this new batch have a shelf tag of $50, with no indication that it is just a sale discount.
Looks like they got their hands on more left-over stock (this is their third batch in this country), and this time they are passing on the saving.

5FDP
14th April 2010, 12:54 PM
Hopefully we might see those here in Sydney. I wouldn't mind picking up a Roadbuster at that price (no real interest in Dirge).

Just when I think I'm not going to TRU anymore, they suck me back in :(

jaydisc
8th October 2010, 11:11 AM
As spotted by Christalcase:

I think Kmart might have a slight drop in their normal prices, as the Garden City one had AA deluxes for $23.75 and AA voyagers for $48.75, and they were on standard price tickets

Can anyone else confirm this?

jaydisc
10th October 2010, 10:48 AM
http://a.yfrog.com/img3/2755/6b7y.jpg

christalcase
2nd March 2011, 04:06 PM
the ticket for voyagers at my local Kmart are now $47.75

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/2081/p1421020311.jpg (http://img35.imageshack.us/i/p1421020311.jpg/)

jazzcomp
17th May 2011, 02:40 PM
I have different scans from receipts from big W. RTS deluxe says $25 on an older receipt but when they re-stocked - the scan code is different and priced at $23.72 or something like that.

jazzcomp
19th May 2011, 09:49 PM
Any bigW employees here?

Barcode for TRA RTS DLX changed from 8138699 to generic TRA DLX 7816284

Can anyone confirm this?

griffin
4th June 2011, 07:35 PM
Apparently Kmart have reduced their Deluxe DotM toys to $23 to compete with BigW.

jaydisc
26th June 2011, 10:13 AM
PCC 2-packs are now at the much more common price of 15.xx at Big W.