PDA

View Full Version : PM'd

jaydisc
10th February 2009, 05:51 PM
Why do people post the fact that they've sent a PM? Is this done with the hopes of showing the time of PM on the public record? Do you do this? Why?

Hereticpoo
10th February 2009, 05:54 PM
Why do people post the fact that they've sent a PM? Is this done with the hopes of showing the time of PM on the public record? Do you do this? Why?

I usually only do it in the sale sale yard to;

a) let the seller know and to let others know what im 'bidding' for.

Eg Pm'd re g1 sunstreaker's.

b) I can't think of a point for b....but it looks good. :)

loophole
10th February 2009, 06:02 PM
cause everybody else does it....

fatbot
10th February 2009, 06:05 PM
I usually only do it in the sale sale yard to;

a) let the seller know and to let others know what im 'bidding' for.

Eg Pm'd re g1 sunstreaker's.

i do it for exactly the same reason, simply to let the seller and others know what i'm after

iceburn
10th February 2009, 06:05 PM
same reason as poo above. just to notify seller that we have express interest and have a message waiting. or there's something personal and have sent a message.

i guess some members don't have the automatic prompt enabled, so they won't know they've got messages till they see the link above.

jacksplatt11
10th February 2009, 06:23 PM
PM sent

TF76
10th February 2009, 06:50 PM
I just do it cos everyone else does...

TF76
10th February 2009, 06:55 PM
...so anyway why do people post in sales threads when they dont want to buy anything? :p

Edited cos I suck...:rolleyes:

gamblor916
10th February 2009, 08:14 PM
I guess it's good form to post what you're after and to let other people know that you're one of the interested parties.
That said in a frenetic hour just before, I didn't even notice what was being posted I just went by when each pm came in.

Man I don't know how Kyle and TC organise their group buys :eek: :D

GoktimusPrime
10th February 2009, 08:45 PM
PM sent
lawl! :D

I think it's done just to remind people to check their inboxes. Sounds redundant, but sometimes people just don't bother to check!!

roller
10th February 2009, 11:13 PM
i guess i do it most of the time when i buy some stuff off a fellow board member because

they might only check the thread and see peoples comments , and my pm may have arrived earlier, or as i guess, my pms seem to take ages to travel to the receiver

heck sometimes i do it as a status symbol

Rampage
10th February 2009, 11:54 PM
i do it to jack up my post count:D

Omega Supreme
11th February 2009, 06:18 AM
i do it to jack up my post count:D

LOL nice!

I do it as a friendly reminder to PM me back :)