PDA

View Full Version : Help Tiby REPRESENT on ABC Collectors!

Tiby
10th February 2009, 08:11 PM
Not many of you know that an ABC camera crew has been allowed into my dirge-proof vault (:p) to film my collection, and then interview me. This was done with a view to possibly appearing on ABC Collectors. Well, it seems this is coming closer to reality. I am going to the studio in Tasmania next Tuesday!

I have been asked by the show to choose some figures to take down with me, and need some help choosing. I want to properly represent the TF community and show figures that the community deems representative.

TIBY NEEDS YOU!!!!

Here are the requirements:

1. They want Masterpiece Megatron! We are working through the legalities of this one...
2. Varied colours.
3. Figures that show off the engineering and puzzle factor (which I suspect I will need to transform on set, so not too complicated please!)
4. Older ones and newer ones to show the difference.
5. Both 'Bots and 'Cons.
6. Boxed items if possible (I am a TF Emancipator but I have a few boxed ones)
7. I need to be able to carry them to Tassie.

I need to have the list sent to them asap and discuss it with them this Thursday, so any urgent help is appreciated!

Thanks everyone - I hope I don't disappoint the TF community!

Omega Supreme
10th February 2009, 08:21 PM
First off goodluck and hope you make it on the show.

I would suggest the G1 Combaticons because they are easy to transform, represent combiners well & the encore set is coming out soon and you could mention that it is being reissued, who knows it could spark a slight boost in sales and prompt future combiner reissues :)

Besides that I think going with a 1 or 2 figures from each line that has been released would be a good way to give people a look into the transformers fandom.

roller
10th February 2009, 08:23 PM
the majority should be well known characters

size comparisons, technological advances

iceburn
10th February 2009, 08:24 PM
1. They want Masterpiece Megatron! We are working through the legalities of this one...
2. Varied colours.
3. Figures that show off the engineering and puzzle factor (which I suspect I will need to transform on set, so not too complicated please!)
5. Both 'Bots and 'Cons.

1. guess that's really a must to let customs know that it's a toy and make them legal once again?
2 and 4. i recommend G1 vs Classics/Universe line? it's been a pretty good series so far
3. Definitely not Ultimate bumblebee if you're thinking of it. How about a combiner to bring???
5. and 6. Box Botcon sets?
7. bring a large suitcase :P :)

nice to hear the news. wish you all the best in the interview and it must be amazing to see your vault on TV in due time.

Tiby
10th February 2009, 08:25 PM
Thanks guys. I like the Combaticons idea - combiners are quite the puzzle!

Please feel free to suggest specific toys... I have over 1700 to choose from... :o

jaydisc
10th February 2009, 08:36 PM
4. I think showing G1, Movie and Animated Bumblebees would be a diverse representation to show old to new.

Lord_Zed
10th February 2009, 08:39 PM
Well, he's a bit complicated but I say take Binaltech Smokescreen, he looks like a spot on replica of a well known and popular car brand and he shows the upper end of the TF spectrum plus he's all shiny and covered in detail.

Bring him on set in vehicle mode ofcourse, he's not to hard to transform from vehicle to robot, it's back that is the pain.

kup
10th February 2009, 08:44 PM
Congratulations Tiby! That is indeed awesome, I am happy for you!

I suggest to take both G1 and Henkei Hound to show the 20 year progress of engineering and both are simple enough to Transform.

If possible G1 Sunstreaker and Henkei Sunstreaker (G1 and Henkei Sideswipe too if possible)

Masterpiece Prime and G1 Prime to show off the design progress too. (bring G1 Megatron too if possible)

Optimus Primal and Beast Wars Megatron to show the Beast Era.

Armada Unicron

Movie Prime and Megatron if possible (leaders)

All that should be ok to carry on a suitcase and shows the progress of design engineering particularly with the Classics as you can compare the 1980s and 21st Century toys of the same character.

liegeprime
10th February 2009, 08:46 PM
Um how many figures are we talking here Tiby? Well mebbe bring one for each series, well obviously not all series, but kinda. Oh heck here's a list hehehehe :D:D

G1 - Optimus Prime ( of course), Starscream ( encore boxed - there's your boxed criteria all done heheh) Soundwave and some cassettrons, Hot rod - he's easy to transform, minibots brawn , huffer & bumblebee, Grimlock, Trypticon a few micromasters, Bludgeon, Galvatron, Bruticus - as Omega Supreme has mentioned...same reasons as well

Beast Wars/Machine - BM Blackarachnia ( after all she's the more well known Femme fatale ever mass sold, arcee never got her own mold) BW Metals Dragon Megs, Rattrap, Cheetor, BW Optimal Optimus, Airazor, Silverbolt - where black arachnia is he goes. Oh and Megabolt megsy as well.

RiD - Trainbot combiners, Megatron and Omega Prime, Car brothers some of the gobot type minicars

Armada, Energon,Cybertron - Unicron, Primus - in planet mode for convenience in carrying. Some minicon groups, mebbe starsword and skyboom group. Cyb Scourge, Hotshot - Cyb and Armada, An energon Combiner group - mebbe a boxed superion or bruticus maximus? Scorponok and a Scrapmetal

Animated - Activators bumblebee, Starscream, blackarachnia ( for comparison) and V. Prime, Prowl, Swoop

BInaltech, MPs, Alts - MP Megsy, Smokescreen, Puma type Ravage, Mirage/Hotrod, Nemesis Prime

Classics/ TFU - Henkei Astrotrain, Optimus and Megatron, Starscream, Ironhide, Mirage, Bumblebee- erm you could also bring Magnus City
commander mode. :D

Movie - Prime and megs, Bumblebee, starscream, ironhide and some real gear bots!
Well thats it.. hope this helps

Vector Sigma 13
10th February 2009, 08:49 PM
Congarts and good luck Tiby. I would like to suggest a G1 six changer and/or triple changer. Also perhaps something very early (G1) and/or rare. Black Zarak or Fortress Maximus (Probably too big) would be a good example of the potential value and popularity of certain figures.

GoktimusPrime
10th February 2009, 08:51 PM
Perhaps you could bring "doubles" to show in both modes, like if you have two versions of BT Smokescreen or maybe a BT and ALT Smokescreen. It would mean more stuff for you to bring/lug around but yeah.

I would recommend bringing a selection of toys showcasing the evolution of TF toy engineering, e.g.:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/toyevo.jpg

jaydisc
10th February 2009, 08:52 PM
How did this happen Tiby? Did you approach the show? Did they find you via your MP-5 process?

liegeprime
10th February 2009, 08:52 PM
Metalhawk would be rare, well outside japan :D

Oh and someone tape this episode will yah and post a link here when you upload in youtube, Im sure gonna miss this as Ill be working :(:( but I really wanna see it - even if its just a recording!

1orion2many
10th February 2009, 08:53 PM
:eek:Beast Wars Optimus Primal and Megatron to show the fur and scale factor:D.

Robzy
10th February 2009, 08:58 PM
Congrats Tiby!

Some great suggestions already! I like the idea of taking several of one character (like Optimus Prime) and showing the difference between them... eg, G1, Universe, Movie & Animated. This will really highlight all the different lines!

I also like the idea of at least one Binaltech/Alternator and a Combiner!

:)

Sky Shadow
10th February 2009, 08:58 PM
How exciting - it would be good for The Collectors to have a fan who knows about Transformers rather than the unknowledgable, factually incorrect stuff they've had in the past.

I think it would be great to emphasise the variety of Transformers. I.e...

- Something that looks like a realistic animal from the Beast era - perhaps gorilla Primal for Trukk Not Munky value. Or Airazor or Blackarachnia since they're smaller and two of the first mass-produced female Transformers outside of Japan.
- Definitely something from Animated since it's such a unique look - Cybertron Prime, Voyager Bulkhead, Lugnut, an Activator, anything.
- Something suitably freaky-looking from the 2007 movie.

Good luck!

Lint
10th February 2009, 09:04 PM

2. Varied colours.
5. Both 'Bots and 'Cons.

1. Well if you cant get masterpiece megs, go for prime or screamer
2. Cybertron/Galaxy Force stuff is good for this
3. I nominate Cybertron or Henkei Megs. If too big then classics/universe mirage or ironhide. Sixshot has great puzzle factor but might look silly to an outside audience. If all fails, choose an alternator.
4. Do a G1 -> Classics -> Animated for 1 character. Maybe even an extra intermediate if that character was in the unicron trilogy or movie.
5. You can sort this out yourself.
6. Masterpieces are impressive, probably too bulky. G1 reissues are good.

Lord_Zed
10th February 2009, 09:07 PM
Can I suggest If you're going to take several versions of a character, make sure the difference is BIG! Afterall most veiwers (other than everyone on this board who will be watching) are not transfans, so while we might instantly pick up the difference between a G1 toy and its Universe counterpart the average viewer will probably just see two similar looking toys. On the other hand place G1 Prime and MP Prime together and everyone is going to notice the difference.

Anyway whoever you take I can't wait to see you on the show, good luck!

Fungal Infection
10th February 2009, 09:10 PM
I'd recommend Music Label Soundwave and the Nike shoes just to show people that even real tech items can be made into TFs (in this case an MP3 player) and the shoes could show that TFs are not just limited to vehicles, weaponry and animals.

loophole
10th February 2009, 09:12 PM
What about Bumblebee as alot of people know who he is so you could have i.e. G1 Minibot - Classics - Movie - Animated quite diverse and small in size to carry.
Maybe G1 Mirage and Classics Mirage too

And for Bots and Cons at least G1 Prime as everybody know who he is. Grimlock, Starscream and Soundwave again popular for the masses.

First Season Optimus Primal and Cheetor would be good as well i think. and then maybe a pred transmetal like Rampage or TM2 Megs

If you are thinking of bringing a combiner team Stunticons would be a winner;)

As for showing off the engineering and puzzle factor Movie Leader Optimus i would think be a good one as its not too hard and not too simple to transform (still might wanna practice)

the possibilities are endless....and some rare japanese one would be cool too HEADMASTERS!!!! :D

with whatever you decide Good Luck and Congrats!! hope to see you on TV!!!

Tiby
10th February 2009, 09:46 PM
Thanks everyone! This is really helping! Some great ideas there! Keep 'em coming!

I can't quite remember how the show found me, but I think they contacted griffin looking for people with large collections. They definitely are hooked on the MP05 thing though. Crazy stuff like that is always newsworthy.

Thanks everyone for your support!

MV75
10th February 2009, 10:02 PM
Definitly push the gun mode cause and point out how rediculous it's size is and that all we really do need are bright end caps/barrels on them.

As for lines, I'd go with prime and bumblebee from g1-classics-movie-animated.

But me personally, I'd take g1 jetfire and classics jetfire. :)

Oh yea, take some same universe/henkeis and show people the superior difference between the two in henkeis favor.

GoktimusPrime
10th February 2009, 10:07 PM
but I think they contacted griffin looking for people with large collections. They definitely are hooked on the MP05 thing though. Crazy stuff like that is always newsworthy.
Yeah, pretty much. griffin then recommended some of us with large collections to the show. They contacted me back in late 2007/early 2008 but I declined.

Having seen Tiby's collection I know that it'll absolutely kick the socks off the last TF collector who appeared on the show! ;) (video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEYxlHWt2gY&feature=channel_page))

Ask ABC if you can keep a recording of the ep that you'll appear in!

SofaMan
10th February 2009, 10:35 PM
4. I think showing G1, Movie and Animated Bumblebees would be a diverse representation to show old to new.

I second this one. Take Pretender and AM Bumblebees too.

Ooh! And Slumblebee. :)

STL
10th February 2009, 10:42 PM

2. Varied colours.
5. Both 'Bots and 'Cons.

I need to have the list sent to them asap and discuss it with them this Thursday, so any urgent help is appreciated!

Thanks everyone - I hope I don't disappoint the TF community!

2.) Wouldn't be too hard really. I personally think the BWs show characters had a great range of colours.
3.) Movie Ironhide, Cybertron Evac, Henkei Prime or MP-04
4.) G1 Prime and MP04
6.) Japanese items like Galaxy Force/Henkei and a Botcon exclusive like Airrazor or Astrotrain. Maybe show off how Takara items are better packaged and easy to open while Hasbro is often bundled with twist ties. Sounds like fun.

GoktimusPrime
10th February 2009, 10:45 PM
Wait... Tasmania?! Dude! You got to bring BW Snarl and/or Bound Rogue!! :D

autobreadticon
10th February 2009, 10:47 PM
Def. bring animated and talk about how TF toys have change over the years

Talk about how Beast Wars differed from the traditional vehicles

Talk about Henkei :D and how characters from peoples childhoods are given a modern update

Kyle
10th February 2009, 10:58 PM
There are too many good toys to be left out. But one toy you must bring is G1 Optimus Prime, he's waaaaaay too iconic to not take to the show. :p

GoktimusPrime
10th February 2009, 11:11 PM
...and don't forget Time Warrior. You can wear him on your wrist if you don't have luggage space. ;) If you don't have Time Warrior perhaps griffin would be willing to donate his to me so that I could lend it to you for the show. :D :)

liegeprime
10th February 2009, 11:18 PM
Talk about how binaltech asterisk was intended in Japan for "Mature Adult collectors" :D:D and had them long bioorganic tongue's to capture prepubescent looking girls :p

Tiby
10th February 2009, 11:40 PM
Talk about how binaltech asterisk was intended in Japan for "Mature Adult collectors" :D:D and had them long bioorganic tongue's to capture prepubescent looking girls :p

Well, if that doesn't damage the image of collectors (us and the show!) nothing will!

griffin
11th February 2009, 03:33 AM
Make sure they emphasise the fact that it is the 25th Anniversary year, or that the toyline has been around for 25 years (almost).
Tasmania Kid would be a novel toy to take, but I don't think too many viewers would be aware that the show is filmed in Tasmania, because I don't recall them saying it at all. They do mention travelling around the country, so maybe it could be a process of elimination. Or they have a postal address shown.

Just expanding on what Tiby and Goktimus said - the show's producer contacted me, saying that they wanted to do another article on Transformers, and did I have anyone to recommend in Sydney. I passed on names and email adresses of three of the most significant collectors who were interested in being interviewed - Goktimus, Tiby (out of Sydney, so didn't think they would pick him) and Sharkysparky (from TAAU).
They filmed his collection at his house late last year, and I would be guessing that the in-studio interview in a few weeks time suggests that the episode will be airing very soon after.

Did they give you an expected air date Tiby, or do we just have to tune in each week when the show starts up again?
I suppose you can ask when you get there, if they haven't told you yet.

Congrats again though. Make us proud. :D

Kyle
11th February 2009, 08:12 AM
We have to mark this on our calendars. My old VHS recorder has broken down. Someone needs to "tape" this digitally. :D

gamblor916
11th February 2009, 08:43 AM
I'm really looking forward to seeing this. Good luck :D

Tiby
11th February 2009, 08:53 AM
Thanks everyone. I suspect there may be a tie-in with the launch of the new movie for timeframe, but I will let everyone now as soon as I know! They appear to be filming in bulk on the day with lots of other people in a row.

I think the Australian connection will be topical, so a Tassie Devil works as an Aussie link. Am I right in putting Outback in that category too? My brains a bit frazzled at the moment.

i_amtrunks
11th February 2009, 09:26 AM
Strange that you have to go to Tasmania to film it, it'd be better if they could just film at your place!

Just going to back up what many others have said, having the G1, movie and Animated/Classics version of the same character to show changes throughout the line.

Otherwise I'd through in a Car Robots character like Rail Racer, some Beast Wars characters (Tigerhawk, TM2 Megatron), an Alternator (Hound? He's fairly easy, and then you could also compare him to the Classics and G1 versions).

maybe an Animated Activator too, just to show that they are making figures for all ages as well.

I really want to be an idiot and say take some Turbomasters too (since they were banned from a US release) but they really wouldn't be the best figures to show off the Transformers brand. :)

Oh and congratulations too!

Sky Shadow
11th February 2009, 09:28 AM
I think the Australian connection will be topical, so a Tassie Devil works as an Aussie link. Am I right in putting Outback in that category too? My brains a bit frazzled at the moment.

Yes, I was just about to say that. Outback and BW Snarl/Tasmanian Kid are crucial. :)

kup
11th February 2009, 09:33 AM
Showing an 'evolution' of design of single character as part of the studio display would be great even if its just the one.

G1 Hound, Classics Hound, Binaltech Hound.

They also like to show off expensive stuff so take something that is portable but ridiculously expensive like a Japanese toy and scare them by saying how much the toy costs on ebay :)

Kyle
11th February 2009, 10:30 AM
Other good "evolution" choices would be Optimus Prime, Starscream or Bumblebee.

Hereticpoo
11th February 2009, 11:10 AM
Man good luck getting Megs on a plane! :D

Seriously though emphasize the stupidity of getting a licence to own a real weapon, so you can buy a toy. You could even go and buy a real Desert Eagle .50 and to stress the point even more. :D

G1 prime vs Masterpiece Optimus Prime = Awesome idea
Bumblebee's = Awesome Idea
Beast Wars = Awesome Idea
Binaltech's = Awesome Idea

Maybe if you have some Diaclones you could point to where it all started?

Peace.

(I hope you serial number haters appreciate that I actually typed Masterpiece Optimus Prime....dam i did it again.)

Tiby
11th February 2009, 11:52 AM
I really like the Hound idea but I haven't been able to find the Classics one yet! I hope they get it in down here over the w/e!

Just to clarify, they have already filmed the collection at my house but just want some for the studio too.

jaydisc
11th February 2009, 12:39 PM
Just my opinion, but I think Hound is quite a poor choice to show progression. He was a jeep, and then a jeep and finally... a jeep. Not sure an unfamiliar source would see any progression.

I still vote for Bumblebee, or at least someone that's gotten the Animated and Movie treatments.

Lord_Zed
11th February 2009, 01:13 PM
Just my opinion, but I think Hound is quite a poor choice to show progression. He was a jeep, and then a jeep and finally... a jeep. Not sure an unfamiliar source would see any progression.

I have to agree with that, Hound is great example for those of us in the know, but I think we need more bling for Joe Average.

kup
11th February 2009, 01:13 PM
I really like the Hound idea but I haven't been able to find the Classics one yet! I hope they get it in down here over the w/e!

Just to clarify, they have already filmed the collection at my house but just want some for the studio too.

I am happy to lend you my Henkei Hound. I can even mail it to you if its more convenient.

kup
11th February 2009, 01:18 PM
I have to agree with that, Hound is great example for those of us in the know, but I think we need more bling for Joe Average.

I disagree, I think that since it keeps the same alt mode and 'feel' of the character intact in all the toys, it makes it for a great reference on how toy evolution has progressed.

From a little green block guy with tiny arms to a fully articulated transforming robot and when it comes to the BT, a great realistic scale model.

Joe Average will be able to notice the design progression more if he sees consistency in 'each step of the evolutionary ladder'.

If we show him stuff like G1 Onslaught next to Universe Ultra Onslaught, Joe Average will just seem them as two different toys not a progression of the same character or design engineering due to the considerably different robot and and alt modes. The same goes for Powerglide, particularly if the Universe (gray) version is used.

i_amtrunks
11th February 2009, 01:24 PM
Megatron would possibly be the best in term of showing what they have done with him in 20 years.

G1 Gun
G2 Tank
BW T-Rex
CR/RID- Lots of things
A/E/C- Tank/jet/batmobile
Classics- Gun
MP-Gun
Movie- a mess
Aniamted-Helicopter

Borgeman
11th February 2009, 01:31 PM
Movie- a mess

LOL!

maybe take along both the largest and smallest tf ever (a max, and WST ravage :) )

George

Tiby
11th February 2009, 07:45 PM
Thanks everyone for the great ideas!

Here is my preliminary list. Please let me know what you think:

• Bumblebee: G1, Pretender, AM, Movie, Classics, Animated, Slumblebee
• Soundwave: G1, MP3, WST (incl Ravage)
• Optimus Prime: G1, Masterpiece, Nike, Movie (maybe)
• Metalhawk in box
• BW Snarl, Outback
• BW Optimus Primal and Megatron
• Bruticus (Combaticons)
• Alt: Ravage & Smokescreen
• Hound: G1, Alt & Classics (if I can find him!)
• Masterpiece Megatron (depending on the legal issues)

Sky Shadow
11th February 2009, 07:55 PM
Thanks everyone for the great ideas!

Here is my preliminary list. Please let me know what you think:

• Bumblebee: G1, Pretender, AM, Movie, Classics, Animated, Slumblebee
• Metalhawk in box
• BW Snarl, Outback
• BW Optimus Primal and Megatron
• Bruticus (Combaticons)
• Alt: Ravage & Smokescreen
• Hound: G1, Alt & Classics (if I can find him!)
• Masterpiece Megatron (depending on the legal issues)

I think all of that is fantastic except the Hounds - I don't think they're necessary since you already have the far-more-varied-and-interesting evolutions of Bumblebee and Optimus. If you did find Classics Hound I'd personally leave him behind but maybe take his Classics Ravage if you wanted him to go along with WST and Alternators Ravage. Good luck!

kup
11th February 2009, 08:07 PM
I think all of that is fantastic except the Hounds - I don't think they're necessary since you already have the far-more-varied-and-interesting evolutions of Bumblebee and Optimus. If you did find Classics Hound I'd personally leave him behind but maybe take his Classics Ravage if you wanted him to go along with WST and Alternators Ravage. Good luck!

Yeah if you can show the progression through Bumblebee that's good too. The Bumblebee toys (particularly movie) are more varied than Hound as they are not exactly portraying the same type/style of alt mode but its uniform enough to be clear on progression to the non initiated. You will have limited studio time so its likely that you will only be able to show and verbally present less than half of that list.

Tiby
11th February 2009, 08:17 PM
I think much of it will be to fill their table and bright colours!

Verno
11th February 2009, 08:34 PM
Coming to MY State hey. You better bring atleast one Beast with you then :p

SilverDragon
11th February 2009, 09:20 PM
Definitely put in some combiners.

Sky Shadow
11th February 2009, 09:23 PM
Definitely put in some combiners.

:confused: Tiby has G1 Bruticus there in the list. :confused:

GoktimusPrime
11th February 2009, 10:09 PM
But will he bring Blackout and Spaceshot?? ;) Seriously though, it might be good to bring some Micromaster Combiners, GoBots/Spychangers etc. to show periods when TFs were made with features to compete with other rival boys toys (e.g.: Connectables, Hot Wheels). Music Label Soundwave might be another cool one to show.

autobreadticon
11th February 2009, 10:16 PM
how does one get selected to do a TV spot?

Tetsuwan Convoy
11th February 2009, 10:34 PM
I second this one. Take Pretender and AM Bumblebees too.

Ooh! And Slumblebee. :)
If tiby is anything like me (most people are, but they deny it) Slumblebee will go everywhere with him...:D

Tober
11th February 2009, 11:09 PM
TIBY REPRESENTS (again...)

I have a boxed/loose MP-5 If you need a second one.

2. Varied colours.

The MP Seekers? including the Hasbro edition? I have all 4 of these boxed and 2 Hasbro Starscreams both boxed.

Masterpiece Seekers are good again. Binaltech Smokescreen, Alternators Ravage (Jaguar). Movie Concept Bumblebee 'cos of the automorph and makes it fast to transform into a good looking figure.

Seekers again as above with classics and G1 seekers. MP3 Soundwave and Frenzy and Rumble headphones (DO NOT REPRESENT US BY WEARING THEM!). G1, Classics and Binaltech/ Alternators Mirage. There's got to be a huge amount of Primes from all series to spotlight the differences too - Nenesis and Magnus versions...?

5. Both 'Bots and 'Cons.

I have all of the above boxed (some MISB tho) I can help you with. I don't have any of the G1s tho.

Join a gym.

jacksplatt11
11th February 2009, 11:12 PM
Join a gym.

Haha :p Or see Dr. Octopus about revolutionary new multi-arm technology :D

liegeprime
11th February 2009, 11:13 PM
[SIZE="5"]

Join a gym.

Mwahahahahahahah!!

GoktimusPrime
11th February 2009, 11:25 PM
how does one get selected to do a TV spot?
See post #23 (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=81656&postcount=23) (;-_-)

Tober
12th February 2009, 12:33 AM

Join a gym.

It's why Tiby's a great pick, that could be any one of us :eek:

Have you thought about bringing your wife and kids along for the holiday? You could use them as pack-mules. ;)

Golden Phoenix
12th February 2009, 12:40 AM

No Animated Soundwave/Prime?

GoktimusPrime
12th February 2009, 09:08 AM
We want to impress people Golden Phoenix!! :p ;) :D

Tiby
12th February 2009, 06:50 PM
Just tuned in... love the suggestions!

Updates: the plane is happy for MP Megatron to travel in steerage... in robot mode of course!

No Animated Soundwave/Prime?
I thought Animated Soundwave will be lost on the casual viewer, and Animated Prime (who I personally love) is just too similar to the untrained eye.

Have you thought about bringing your wife and kids along for the holiday? You could use them as pack-mules.
I will be travelling solo and just going there for the day. I thought about making a bigger trip of it, and maybe visit the TF contingent of OzFormers, but the planets they refuse to align!

[ps - sorry about the clumsy quoting - I still can't work out how to do it!]

GoktimusPrime
12th February 2009, 10:17 PM
<quote=Tiby>[ps - sorry about the clumsy quoting - I still can't work out how to do it!]</quote>

Like that, only replace the <> with [] :)

roller
12th February 2009, 10:35 PM
Tiby i dont think you needed a thread, you is very clever enough to decide what to take

Tiby
17th February 2009, 07:45 AM
7.44 am and I am waiting at the Sydney Jetstar boarding gate after a pleasant taxi ride from home.

Tober
17th February 2009, 08:11 AM
7.44 am and I am waiting at the Sydney Jetstar boarding gate after a pleasant taxi ride from home.

That can't have been cheap! :eek: EEK!

Jetstar... I hope you're insured ;)

Tiby
17th February 2009, 08:15 AM
All paid for by ABC Collectors! Let's just say the stuff I checked in can be replaced. The rest is with me.

About to board! Next post from the Apple Isle!

Tiby
17th February 2009, 08:27 AM
Bah! Jetstar made a liar of me! The plane is delayed! At least a half hour delay. Let's hope this is the only problem on this trip.

iceburn
17th February 2009, 08:48 AM
it happens always to budget airline! bah....glad that it's only 1/2 hr.
was it the last flight out?

Tiby
17th February 2009, 12:10 PM
Left the mainland at 9.35am and landed in Hobart at 11am. Tassie is nice! Just waiting now in the studio.

Tiby
17th February 2009, 01:31 PM
Still waiting. Lunch with the crew at their expense.

Tiby
17th February 2009, 01:56 PM
Just released my babies to the set dresser!

The_Damned
17th February 2009, 02:26 PM
goodluck

1orion2many
17th February 2009, 02:35 PM
:)I'll be waiting for this on T.V, I hope you have your best smile on:D

Tiby
17th February 2009, 05:11 PM
Just returned from the studio. They are really nice people! I hope I gave all my facts accurately!

Air date is 3 April 2009!

Kyle
17th February 2009, 05:35 PM
Air date is 3 April 2009!

It's on my calendar now. :p

jacksplatt11
17th February 2009, 06:12 PM
Awesome, I'll set the VCR now, I'm up to date with modern technology, see

Tiby
17th February 2009, 07:29 PM
Watched the Queen Victoria cruise ship leave Hobart port. Sorry Hobartians, but it is really hard to find food after business hours! I am eating overpriced food at the airport now!

Oh, and my flight home is delayed.

Tiby
17th February 2009, 08:08 PM
Update: plane is undelayed!

iceburn
17th February 2009, 08:17 PM
haha...have a safe flight. hope it went well.
did they say when it'll be showed on ABC?

Wheel-J
17th February 2009, 08:20 PM
Congratulations Tiby! You're soon gonna be a star! :D
April 3, ABC, what time? which show?

have a nice trip back! :)

Verno
17th February 2009, 08:41 PM
I wondered what the smell was today :p

G1Optimal
17th February 2009, 08:42 PM
As, I have a terrible memory for remembering times and dates that shows are on....:(

So, i am hoping someone can post reminders at least a few days or so before hand.:D

blackie
17th February 2009, 09:21 PM
must set up the dvd recorder :)

Tiby
18th February 2009, 05:15 PM
Thanks everyone! Air date is:

3 April 2009
Channel: ABC
Show: Collectors.
Time: usually 7.30 pm each Friday but check local listings.

I managed to get Masterpiece Megatron back into NSW without any trouble, and arrived home after midnight. Slept through my alarm this morning!

I will send a reminder closer to the day so you can all laugh at me and pick on me for getting some TF lore wrong!

optimus1
18th February 2009, 05:31 PM
Congrats again Tiby!

A good reason to watch something on ABC for once

Tiby
18th February 2009, 06:51 PM
Warning ahead!

They have a stop motion G1 Optimus Prime animation in the package which was reused from last time and is not mine. Keen observers will see why...

liegeprime
18th February 2009, 06:59 PM
Warning ahead!

They have a stop motion G1 Optimus Prime animation in the package which was reused from last time and is not mine. Keen observers will see why...

Erm its got short stacks and needs a bit of dusting?

Robzy
18th February 2009, 07:29 PM
That's really cool Tiby! :)

bruticus
30th March 2009, 01:43 PM
Hey all,
Is Tiby's segment still going to be aired this friday 3rd April 7:30pm on ABC??

Tiby
30th March 2009, 06:51 PM
I'm not sure about the time in Perth - it is at 8.00pm AEDST (in NSW), but the date is correct

Tabias Prime
30th March 2009, 07:59 PM
Collectors is on at 8.00pm here in perth

1AZRAEL1
31st March 2009, 02:13 PM
Have to make sure I'm home at that time :p

Firecracker
1st April 2009, 10:47 PM
Don't know if I'll be able to watch when it airs but I'll definitely podcast the show; looking forward to watching! Congrats Tiby.

jacksplatt11
1st April 2009, 11:54 PM
I'm working during the day but I'll most likely be having beers at night so I'll set the tape and also podcast it :cool: