PDA

View Full Version : D********r pic?

Stompy
11th February 2009, 10:21 PM
Picture of Devastator.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attachment.php?do=fullview&attachmentid=14031

If the schematic is right from the background. There will be 7 separate robots/vehicles to combine into this.

Perhaps one Voyager and a mixture of the other size classes.

Tetsuwan Convoy
11th February 2009, 10:29 PM
Woo! UUUUUGLY, but I like.

SMAAAAASH!

Lint
11th February 2009, 10:31 PM
awesome size, devastator himself looks a bit too beastly for my liking and reminds me of an undead creature.

blackie
11th February 2009, 10:33 PM
major meh
they dont have the time to do the toy right sadly

Golden Phoenix
11th February 2009, 10:34 PM
If I remember right, they were going to do the combiner and the individuals separate.
So we'd get 7 (if that is the right number) vehicles (or robots) that can combine into Devastator
And then the same amount of individual figures that can transform from robot to vehicle but are unable to combine into Devastator

blackie
11th February 2009, 10:42 PM
more profit for hasbro
im not liking these movie toys at all...
oh well, less spending on new stuff, more money for the vintage :D

jacksplatt11
11th February 2009, 10:47 PM
I'll reserve judgment until more pictures surface but that is one ugly face

Tetsuwan Convoy
11th February 2009, 10:47 PM
major meh
they dont have the time to do the toy right sadly

I think it will fit the film style well.

I too am not that interested in the toys this time round.

I think I broke my wallet on Henkei and Animated.....:(:D

Golden Phoenix
11th February 2009, 11:03 PM
I think I broke my wallet on Henkei and Animated.....:(:D

And I have you to thank blame for at least the Henkei side of that :p

sifun
12th February 2009, 06:09 AM
that picture makes me sad. It reminds me of some retardo bot monster.

Bartrim
12th February 2009, 06:53 AM
I wonder if the character is going to be all muddled up because he is 7 different personalities clashing. Thats the impression I get looking at this picture.

FFN
12th February 2009, 07:45 AM
If I remember right, they were going to do the combiner and the individuals separate.
So we'd get 7 (if that is the right number) vehicles (or robots) that can combine into Devastator
And then the same amount of individual figures that can transform from robot to vehicle but are unable to combine into Devastator I believe that was debunked by one of the chinese guys. The current word is that in the Devastator giftset, 6 of the 7 will have individual robot modes, but 1 will just have a vehicle mode and the combined part mode.

iceburn
12th February 2009, 08:10 AM
apparantly from the pic, excavator is meant to be the Torso?

i_amtrunks
12th February 2009, 08:43 AM
Woo! UUUUUGLY,

Then it fits with the movie aesthetics.

I don't hate it too much yet, but I'm sure once we see more renders with different poses I'll like it less.

kup
12th February 2009, 08:59 AM
Looks like a big Daddy from Bioshock.

I don't like.

amon
12th February 2009, 09:39 AM
the head is too big, the color is too kid-toy, and yet the pipes are too thick.

Make him looks as small as those fish-man Murloc in Warcraft, in a pic without reference,which is not acceptable for the giant Devastator,hopefully this will improve in the movie

1AZRAEL1
12th February 2009, 11:04 AM
Me, I kinda like it.
I'd be interested to see if they can do the figure/s right.

I only bought Barricade of the last movie. Too many figures, repaints and that for me to get, I'd rather spend what little money I have on vintage stuff as well.

Im sure when the movie comes out it will look much better.

Doubledealer
12th February 2009, 12:28 PM
I think it looks amazing apart from the head. The first thing I thought of when I saw it was Slimer was Ghostbusters. :eek:

MV75
12th February 2009, 07:29 PM
That thing looks very cool. Especially if it can eat prime whole, (I want it that big).

Shame the toy would suck though.

iceburn
12th February 2009, 10:11 PM
don't say it sucks till we see it. got to have hopes....
does anyone really know we are getting the toy though?

Adzma
12th February 2009, 11:16 PM
I believe the phrase, Ruined FOREVER is in order. :p Meh, I didn't expect anything more from Bayformers.

Thanatos
13th February 2009, 10:29 AM
In terms of Bayverse, it really love this picture. Seriously, if you saw that IRL, you'd s#!t bricks.

GoktimusPrime
13th February 2009, 10:56 AM
*skips through posts without reading*

I got inadvertantly exposed to a picture of movie Devastator off the board and as much as I've tried I can't make myself forget that I saw it. And now I've been spoiled about this character. <insert swear words here> (T_T)

I just wanted to say that the colours remind me of Devastator's Diaclone colours.

Okay, I'm fleeing from this thread now...

Tetsuwan Convoy
15th February 2009, 10:24 AM
*skips through posts without reading*

I got inadvertantly exposed to a picture of movie Devastator off the board and as much as I've tried I can't make myself forget that I saw it. And now I've been spoiled about this character. <insert swear words here> (T_T)

I just wanted to say that the colours remind me of Devastator's Diaclone colours.

Okay, I'm fleeing from this thread now...

Not that you'll be back, but wow, it was THAT traumatic!:D I agree!;)

Robzy
15th February 2009, 02:03 PM
The figure... (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attachment.php?do=fullview&attachmentid=14133)

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attachment.php?do=fullview&attachmentid=14133

jacksplatt11
15th February 2009, 02:11 PM
Hmmm, would be interesting to play around with but I think it'll be an easy miss for me

PirateCop
15th February 2009, 02:39 PM
i thought devastator had 7 parts but from all the pics there seem to be only 6

Zippo
15th February 2009, 02:52 PM
I got the wrong end of the stick the first time I saw the pictures, thinking the Devastator was just a big Action Master, However I have since learned that the does have 6 alt mode transformers that do combine together to make Devy. Sorta like Magmatron from BW Neo.

However, you would think that they could have made each robot have its own robot mode as well..

Tetsuwan Convoy
15th February 2009, 06:56 PM
And I have you to thank blame for at least the Henkei side of that :p
Yeh, well, I didn't want to be alone....

Sorry:D

After checking th epics, I dunno....... Might get it when I see it in the plastic and if I am impressed just by the size coz the look doesn't do much for me.

If its on special.....

Hereticpoo
15th February 2009, 11:36 PM
That is the ugliest toy I have ever seen.

Kids will have nightmares.

I want to vomit.

However I still can't wait to see this movie. :) Hopefully the epic coolness of this character was only lost in toy translation. :D

Stompy
15th February 2009, 11:41 PM
Hmm this might be an easy miss for me considering there will be no robot modes besides the combined robot form. Also it doesn't really look all that appealing as a toy. It is looking quite ugly. I think it will come down on the price it gets released at. Then again... maybe in the movie it is just 6 vehicles combine into one. No bot mode.

MV75
16th February 2009, 05:37 PM
If it is just 6 vehicles that combine into one robot with no individual bot modes, I can accept that. Beats having them all have retarded unicycle modes. I would have preferred more "real" colours though, so it's definitly lost in translation to how awesome I expect it to look in the movie.

BUT! The price. It burns!

TF76
17th February 2009, 11:12 PM
Wow so much hate on TFW2005 for this toy.

It's very FAB like, still might be cool and I look forward to seeing it.

I hope it is out for Toysale could be one of the the big discount items.

No bot modes makes me a little sad, in some way I hope they are sort of re-animated in the film and at some point can't transform into robots anymore just Dev's, it looks Frankenstien monster like.