PDA

View Full Version : New Animated Characters?

griffin
12th February 2009, 03:59 PM
Some black and white drawings have surfaced, but not from an official source - http://tformers.com/transformers-animated-season-3-designs-alpha-trion-dai-atlas-unknown-decepticon/10966/news.html

As the link says, one is Alpha Trion, one is Dai Atlas (not sure about why this character/name is getting so much attention lately), and an unnamed Decepticon that could be a new form for an existing character (Lugnut perhaps?), or a new character who has had a revision done to its animation model (more likely, so that they can still sell the Lugnut redeco).

i_amtrunks
13th February 2009, 10:14 AM
Third character is meant to be Dirt Boss, and I think he may turn into a forklift (going by the prongs on his back) Which would tie him to the Movie Dirt Boss figure, as well as make him a possible third Animated Constructicon...

MV75
19th February 2009, 06:01 PM
Oh yea!

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/animated-8/animated-cyclonus-highbrow--many-more-spoilers-166850/

Now that is cyclonus.

Stompy
19th February 2009, 09:09 PM
Oh yea!

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/animated-8/animated-cyclonus-highbrow--many-more-spoilers-166850/

Now that is cyclonus.

Ooooo. Very nice. And here I was thinking that Henkei Cyclonus would do as Animated Cyclonus. Looks great.

Ode to a Grasshopper
19th February 2009, 09:41 PM
I'm really looking forward to Animated Cyclonus. Cyclonus and Dead End were both personal favourites from G1 and the character sketches look pretty good.

Better yet, what with G1, Henkei, Universe and now Animated there are enough Cyclouses (Cyclonus? Cycloni?) for a Scourge-and-Sweeps-style Cyclonean armada. Now if we can just get a Universe Scourge...

STL
19th February 2009, 10:18 PM
Futuristic vehicles totally rock!

Tetsuwan Convoy
20th February 2009, 08:51 AM
I am quite excited about some of them shots.

Looks like there might be a big shift between series, like TF 2010 judging by the look of Sari.

i_amtrunks
20th February 2009, 09:01 AM
More Omega's....excellent!

maybe we might get a supreme Omega after the movie....

What? I can dream right?

liegeprime
20th February 2009, 09:42 AM
Hmmm are they gonna pull another "only Human" episode like the old G1 stories? Coz there seems to be human models for Prime et al. Bumblebee looks dorky in human mode heheheh. But then Where's prowl's human mode, hmmm guess he escaped the plot, must be the one to restore em back. How predictable is that.....:o

GoktimusPrime
20th February 2009, 10:05 AM
Dai Atlas (not sure about why this character/name is getting so much attention lately)
Especially given his notorious lack of popularity during G1... not quite as notorious as Wheelie, but still certainly not a fan favourite. I'm a fan of Dai Atlas though, so I'm really hoping that the Animated character will be similar to his G1 namesake, especially if he were to bump into Optimus Prime. ;)

Bartrim
20th February 2009, 10:49 AM
Is that Magnus with his arm ripped off? If so I am thinking that....

Ultra Magnus dies and Optimus Prime takes his place as the leader. Although it appears that Rodimus and Sentinel would be more heavily favoured to take that role it would make sense that Optimus does if this is the final season.

Kyle
20th February 2009, 11:01 AM
Hmmm are they gonna pull another "only Human" episode like the old G1 stories? Coz there seems to be human models for Prime et al. Bumblebee looks dorky in human mode heheheh. But then Where's prowl's human mode, hmmm guess he escaped the plot, must be the one to restore em back. How predictable is that.....:o

I like how human Prime still has "windows" on his jacket haha

1orion2many
20th February 2009, 11:20 AM
:confused:Pretenders anyone:confused:, at least that could explain the human versions of the Autobots.:eek:

Tetsuwan Convoy
20th February 2009, 08:13 PM
Especially given his notorious lack of popularity during G1... not quite as notorious as Wheelie, but still certainly not a fan favourite. I'm a fan of Dai Atlas though, so I'm really hoping that the Animated character will be similar to his G1 namesake, especially if he were to bump into Optimus Prime. ;)
Yeh, I liked Dai Atlus as well. A no nonsense kik ass tyoe of dude, although I didn't quite see his leadership potential, he just slaughtered a lot of deceps....

:confused:Pretenders anyone:confused:, at least that could explain the human versions of the Autobots.:eek:
Woooooo Pretenders yeh? That would be cool.

llamatron
20th February 2009, 08:30 PM

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Soundwave traps the Autobots in some kind of virtual world in a 2 part episode. Prowl isn't in the pic because his human form is the same as his holodriver.

Ode to a Grasshopper
21st February 2009, 02:09 AM
I wonder if Tom Kenny could do "Snake" as well as he does Starscream?

liegeprime
21st February 2009, 07:44 AM
I wonder if Tom Kenny could do "Snake" as well as he does Starscream?

Well they could always hire the people acting as Cobra Commander on you tube heheh, some of em come close ... at times. Get Dr Smooov heheheh

GoktimusPrime
21st February 2009, 09:17 AM
although I didn't quite see his leadership potential, he just slaughtered a lot of deceps....
Lest he be leading by example. ;) But yeah, he's pretty part of a two-bot team.