PDA

View Full Version : US move their TF2 release date to beat ours...

griffin
14th February 2009, 04:11 AM
According to http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/02/12/transformers-revenge-of-the-fallen-moved-up-2-days-early/

The US release date of the TF2 movie has been moved forward two days to make sure the American fans get to see it before us. They now have a 24th June release, while ours is still slated for a 25th June release.

I guess it is more of a simultaneous release now, with the time differences...

Gutsman Heavy
14th February 2009, 01:27 PM
boo!

Autocon
14th February 2009, 02:57 PM
frickin americans

lets move ours forward then:p

Golden Phoenix
14th February 2009, 04:04 PM
Oh no. Can't let the American's get something after we do. The universe will end. 1 + 1 will equal 3

I really don't see the point. It isn't going to change anything will it?
Will they make more money this way?

STL
14th February 2009, 04:05 PM
I'm not fussed. All that matters is that we see a movie.

I never really understand the hype machine behind it all. Grand openings/Advance screenings/I-so-want-a-picture-with-a-celebrity mentality is pretty much a waste of time. It almost sickens me how we lap it all up. I'd rather focus on the product.

SofaMan
14th February 2009, 06:49 PM
I never see movies on opening night.

Firstly, that's usually Thursdays, which is a work night. I want to watch a film where other considerations aren't impeding my consciousness.
Some people feel the need to prove how committed they are to a particular franchise by seeing it before anyone else. More power to them, but I don't have to prove anything. I know what I like.
Opening nights often tend to have way too many of these showponies, so you end up watching a film you really really want to see and enjoy on a work night in a cinema overcrowded with noisy poseurs. Thanks, but no.

I'll usually see a film on it's first Saturday or Sunday, maybe enjoy a nice meal beforehand, get some good friends together.

If the American want to watch TF2 6 hours before we can, they can knock themselves out. It's really almost laughably petty - "No-one will believe we are a world superpower if we don't get movies before everyone else!"

Golden Phoenix
14th February 2009, 07:00 PM
I never see movies on opening night.

Firstly, that's usually Thursdays, which is a work night. I want to watch a film where other considerations aren't impeding my consciousness.
Some people feel the need to prove how committed they are to a particular franchise by seeing it before anyone else. More power to them, but I don't have to prove anything. I know what I like.
Opening nights often tend to have way too many of these showponies, so you end up watching a film you really really want to see and enjoy on a work night in a cinema overcrowded with noisy poseurs. Thanks, but no.

I'll usually see a film on it's first Saturday or Sunday, maybe enjoy a nice meal beforehand, get some good friends together.

If the American want to watch TF2 6 hours before we can, they can knock themselves out. It's really almost laughably petty - "No-one will believe we are a world superpower if we don't get movies before everyone else!"

This is true
I remember I saw Run Fatboy Run with a couple of friends, and we were the only people in the cinema. It was so good. I answered my phone and everything

GoktimusPrime
14th February 2009, 07:14 PM
Meh - as griffin said, it effectively makes it a simultaneous release considering that the U.S. is like a day behind us. Anyway, I'm still stoked that some of us got to see the first movie 2.5 weeks before it debuted in the U.S. - and more importantly, meet Michael Bay, Megan Fox and Rachael Taylor. :)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/movieticket.jpg

There is something to be said about watching a movie on the opening day. You tend to be in there with more hardcore fans and it's just a very different and electrifying atmosphere to be in that crowd. Oh yeah, cosplaying happens too (not so much Transformers though - Star Wars premieres gets lots of cosplayers). The opening night crowd reacts differently than a general audience - especially when it comes to specific fan references... like hearing the audience applaud and cheer when Prime said, "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." :)

jacksplatt11
14th February 2009, 07:26 PM
There is something to be said about watching a movie on the opening day. You tend to be in there with more hardcore fans and it's just a very different and electrifying atmosphere to be in that crowd

Haha wow, electrifying, haven't heard that being used in reference to seeing a movie :p maybe sporting matches but yeah. I know what you're saying, I saw the movie on the opening day last year, but during the day because I was on uni holidays,there was probably only 20 people watching it...

Soundwarp
15th February 2009, 09:54 AM
Arougant kinda summs it up for me.

Tabias Prime
16th February 2009, 11:27 PM
i suppose we shouldnt complain to much we did get the first movie 2 weeks earlier, i was on another forum unrelated to tfs, and a couple of the americans were a bit peeved we got it 2 week early...as for seeing it on opening night. i'm not usally the sort to go to opening night for a movie but im glad i did,i went with 2 friends and played nerd/geek spotting. it was so much fun, best part was when Bumblebee throws sam and mikala out of the car after she made the comment about if he can transform in to any car why dos he have such a crappy mode.and then he comes back as the new camero, there was laughter and clapping all round, ive never been to a movie where that has happend...it was the most fun ive ever had at the movies that didnt include a girlfriend...:o:o