PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro's US Toyfair TFs press release and product info.

griffin
14th February 2009, 03:15 AM
A copy of the press release can be found here:
http://tformers.com/transformers-toy-fair-2009-autobots-decepticons-storm-toy-aisles-this-summer/10977/news.html

(plus images of Bumblebee Voice Changer Helmet, and Leader sized Optimus)

AUTOBOTS AND DECEPTICONS STORM TOY AISLES PRIOR TO HASBRO’S NEW LIVE-ACTION TRANSFORMERS MOVIE INVADING THEATERS THIS SUMMER
DreamWorks Pictures and Paramount Pictures Film Elevates the Excitement and Action from 2007’s Blockbuster TRANSFORMERS Movie
PAWTUCKET, R.I., (February 2009) – This summer, the colossal battle between the AUTOBOTS and the DECEPTICONS continues when “ROBOTS IN DISGUISE” once again invade movie theaters around the world. The new DreamWorks Pictures and Paramount Pictures live-action movie TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN debuts June 26, 2009 and picks up the saga from the 2007 worldwide blockbuster film that finds two warring factions of robots colliding in a major battle on planet Earth.
For 25 years, Hasbro, Inc. (NYSE: HAS) has provided kids with hours of MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE action with their figures that convert from robot to vehicles and back again. Legions of boys around the world grew up creating fantastic adventures and battles set on both the planet CYBERTRON and Earth that featured the heroic AUTOBOTS, like OPTIMUS PRIME and BUMBLEBEE, clashing with the evil DECEPTICONS, led by MEGATRON. The toys’ popularity reached new levels with the release of the first live-action TRANSFORMERS movie, cementing the toys and the brand in the upper stratosphere of pop culture.
In 2009, Hasbro continues the legacy with its new line of movie-based TRANSFORMERS toys that capture the action and excitement of the new film. Fans will love the new action figures showcasing popular characters like OPTIMUS PRIME and BUMBLEBEE in multiple scales — with many featuring lights and authentic sounds and phrases from the movie. Kids can pretend to be a TRANSFORMERS robot by wearing the new BUMBLEBEE MOVIE VOICE MIXER HELMET that lets a child mix their own voice with music and includes “tune-in radio phrases,” just like BUMBLEBEE. To complete the fantasy, kids can pretend to battle the DECEPTICONS with the new TRANSFORMERS MOVIE BUMBLEBEE PLASMA CANNON. This awesome arm blaster converts from BUMBLEBEE’S robot arm to his plasma cannon and features lights and signature TRANSFORMERS sound effects. And, long-time fans will be thrilled with one the most powerful DECEPTICONS, the new TRANSFORMERS MOVIE CONSTRUCTICON DEVASTATOR figure, a monstrous robot that combines six vehicles into one giant robot.
Additionally, coming in the fall, young fans will enjoy TRANSFORMERS R.P.M.’S MINI-VEHICLES, a new line of miniature, non-converting TRANSFORMERS-themed vehicles that can be raced across the floor or on specially designed playsets and tracks.
The 2009 Transformers Movie Line includes:
TRANSFORMERS MOVIE FIGURES
(Approximate retail price: starting from $12.99; Ages: 5 & up; Available: Summer 2009)
For more than 25 years, TRANSFORMERS action figures have been known for their “MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE” play pattern, with robots converting into vehicles, and then back to robots again. In 2009, TRANSFORMERS movie action figures featuring the new film’s most popular characters will be available in three scales: DELUXE, VOYAGER (larger scale), and LEADER (largest scale and includes lights and sounds). DELUXE includes 24 characters, VOYAGER will offer 11 characters, and LEADER will feature three, including OPTIMUS PRIME and JETFIRE.
BUMBLEBEE MOVIE VOICE MIXER HELMET
(Approximate retail price: $39.99; Ages 5 & up; Available: May 30, 2009)
In the 2007 TRANSFORMERS movie, BUMBLEBEE was a scene-stealer and an instant favorite among kids and long-time TRANSFORMERS fans. Now, kids can pretend to be the fun-loving AUTOBOT character BUMBLEBEE with a role-playing helmet. The toy allows kids to mix their voice through a “radio” — just like BUMBLEBEE — and also features realistic robot battle sounds and radio tune-in phrases to add authenticity to the play experience.
TRANSFORMERS MOVIE BUMBLEBEE PLASMA CANNON
(Approximate retail price: $39.99; Ages 4 & up; Available: May 30, 2009)
The ultimate companion to the BUMBLEBEE MOVIE VOICE MIXER HELMET, the TRANSFORMERS MOVIE BUMBLEBEE PLASMA CANNON allows kids to strap on the blaster and defend the Earth against its evil invaders. Features electronic lights and sounds.
TRANSFORMERS MOVIE CONSTRUCTICON DEVASTATOR
(Approximate retail price: $99.99; Ages 5 & up; Available: August 2009)
The largest and most powerful foe the AUTOBOTS will encounter in this summer’s TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN is sure to be DEVASTATOR, a monstrous DECEPTICON robot made up of six separate construction vehicles known as the CONSTRUCTICONS. The TRANSFORMERS MOVIE CONSTRUCTICON DEVASTATOR allows kids to re-create the film’s awesome action sequences.
TRANSFORMERS MOVIE POWER BOTS
(Approximate retail price: $22.99; Ages 4 & up; Available: May 30, 2009) Designed to enable easy play for younger fans, TRANSFORMERS MOVIE POWER BOTS are 10-inch robot-only versions of favorite TRANSFORMERS characters. These large-scale, chunky action figures include lights, sounds and battle features. Two new POWER BOTS figures featuring robots from TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN will be released in 2009. TRANSFORMERS MOVIE MEGA POWER BOTS (Approximate retail price: $34.99; Ages 4 & up; Available: August 2009)
Taking POWER BOTS to the next level with a second mode for “mega” action! Robots include OPTIMUS PRIME and DEVASTATOR. When the DEVASTATOR POWER BOT figure is face down, he appears to be six different vehicles, but when standing upright, he is the monstrous DECEPTICON, DEVASTATOR.
TRANSFORMERS MOVIE HUMAN ALLIANCE
(Approximate retail price: $29.99; Ages 5 & up; Available: August 2009)
For the first time, the new TRANSFORMERS MOVIE HUMAN ALLIANCE collection allows kids to play with the human characters alongside the TRANSFORMERS. When the TRANSFORMERS are in vehicle mode, the human figures fit inside and can go along for the ride. When the TRANSFORMERS are in robot mode, the human figures can be positioned at different battle stations. Three different characters will be available in 2009 – complete with a 2 1/4-inch human action figure – including BUMBLEBEE and friend Sam Witwicky.
TRANSFORMERS R.P.M’s MINI-VEHICLES SINGLE PACKS
(Approximate retail price: $3.99; Ages 3 & up; Available: August 2009)
When TRANSFORMERS characters are “ROBOTS IN DISGUISE,” they take on the look of some of most contemporary vehicles in the world, such as the Chevrolet Camaro Concept, Ford Mustang and GMC Topkick. For the first time ever, Hasbro offers mini vehicles of TRANSFORMERS characters that allow kids to engage in the classic play pattern of racing cars across the floor, as well as on play sets and tracks. The robot version of the character is featured on the underside of each non-converting vehicle for kids to easily identify the characters unique to the TRANSFORMERS universe. Twelve mini vehicles will be available in single packs in 2009, and include OPTIMUS PRIME/Semi Truck, BUMBLEBEE/Camaro, and BARRICADE/Mustang.
TRANSFORMERS RPMs DEVASTATOR TRACK SET
(Approximate retail price: $39.99; Ages 5 & up; Available: August 2009)
Created specifically for the new TRANSFORMERS R.P.M.’s line of mini-vehicles, the TRANSFORMERS RPMs DEVASTATOR TRACK SET provides fast, mini-vehicle play within a dynamic track set by leveraging the iconic battle and high stakes drama found in the new movie. The track will bring DEVASTATOR to life and enable fans to re-enact the climactic movie battle between the AUTOBOTS and DEVASTATOR.
# # #
About HASBRO?Hasbro, Inc. (NYSE:HAS) is a worldwide leader in children’s and family leisure time products and services with a rich portfolio of brands and entertainment properties that provides some of the highest quality and most recognizable play and recreational experiences in the world. As a brand-driven, consumer-focused global company, Hasbro brings to market a range of toys, games and licensed products, from traditional to high-tech and digital, under such powerful brand names as TRANSFORMERS, PLAYSKOOL, TONKA, MILTON BRADLEY, PARKER BROTHERS, CRANIUM and WIZARDS OF THE COAST. Come see how we inspire play through our brands at http://www.hasbro.com . (C) 2009 Hasbro, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Lint
14th February 2009, 09:29 AM
I find the mini vehicles interesting though the ages 3&up rating means they're probably not going to be anything like what i'm envisioning.

Gutsman Heavy
14th February 2009, 12:27 PM
cool, leader jetfire!

Tetsuwan Convoy
14th February 2009, 10:40 PM
I assuem those are US dollars for the proces. $99.99 for Devadtator is way too pricey.

Kinda interested in the human figure thingos.

FFN
15th February 2009, 01:23 AM
I find the mini vehicles interesting though the ages 3&up rating means they're probably not going to be anything like what i'm envisioning. They're Hot Wheels type cars of the movie characters with a bas-relief of their robot mode underneath. Hasbro is taking on Mattel while they're weakened by tackling the Hot Wheels type market.

GET IN IN THE JUGULAR WHILE THEY'RE WEAK, HASBRO! Do it so we no longer have to see toys with names such as "Bruce Wayne Driving Coupe into Bruce Wayne Driving Attack Coupe".

YAY FOR RANDOM ENGLISH WORDS-STYLE MARKETING.

MV75
15th February 2009, 07:46 AM
Taking on hotwheels? I don't think they can do it, I mean hotwheels are diecast and not plastic, and they have decent full covering paint applications and cost like $1.50-$2.

That's something I'm doubting hasbro can match. :p

Soundwarp
15th February 2009, 08:47 AM
Ahhh god, too much typing.

Thank goodness for the headings :D

PirateCop
15th February 2009, 02:22 PM
so devs is probably gonna cost more than 200 bucks huh?...greaaat

MV75
15th February 2009, 03:24 PM
Current x-rate, $135 would be right, but I see it being $159.xx. They gotta keep their "Screw Australia" tax while also making it a price people would pay.

I'm holding out for an encore devastator instead.

blackie
15th February 2009, 03:30 PM
what i cant believe is that hasbro think that this is a viable way to sell toys. Especially with the economic downturn, parents arnt going to spend $130+ on toys for their child in one hit, thyere better off offering them in single form, like the original combiners, so kids can collect them over time. JMO

G1Optimal
15th February 2009, 04:16 PM
:eek:
After seeing some pics of the main line on
Twf2005 (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-toys--products-30/transformers-revenge-of-the-fallen-main-line-toys-1668 /).......

I just can't wait for them anymore. :D

Also, i like the fact they have put an F35 Autobot flier into the line.:D

MV75
15th February 2009, 05:17 PM
Yea, jet looks great, until you see the real toy pictures of it they have from the fair. That blue ruins it.

SilverDragon
15th February 2009, 06:35 PM
The jet (which I think is named Breakaway or something) looks cool, but the face doesn't work that much for me.

Devastator looks, well, weird. The defining aesthetic of realism means that his vehicle modes must be real colours, not all green. The colours here clash, in my opinion. Also, I'd have much rather preferred a combiner whose components have robot modes, but I understand that it may have been too difficult to do so within the limits of the movie aesthetic.

G1Optimal
16th February 2009, 04:58 AM
Yea, jet looks great, until you see the real toy pictures of it they have from the fair. That blue ruins it.

Didn't notice the blue bits before....;)

Though I'll still be getting one if i can , as it could be worse....
they could of chosen a certain opposite colour to Blue.:D

sifun
16th February 2009, 08:25 AM
to be honest, I don't think i'm going to get most of those movie toys.
Devastator is a disappointment to me

i_amtrunks
16th February 2009, 09:03 AM
Well Devastator is about as fugly as I anticipated.

I can see him and Ultimate Bumblebee shelf warming again.

Really hating the heads for Jolt and Skids too.