PDA

View Full Version : New Animated Figures

Golden Phoenix
15th February 2009, 11:02 AM
TFormers (http://tformers.com/transformers-toy-fair-2009-animated-arcee-electrostatic-soundwave-s3-hits-tv-in-march/10982/news.html)have received some photoshopped official images of Animated Arcee and Electrostatic Soundwave.
Soundwave now comes with a new keyboard guitar that transforms into what is likely to be Ratbat

They also got some news about Season 3 of Animated. It will start in March. No news about it finishing or continuing though

Kyle
15th February 2009, 11:07 AM
I guess they wouldn't want to mention the end of Animated with season 3 at Toy Fair, since they still have new products to sell. :/

Arcee is a must-have. Soundwave repaint is cool too. I was going to get him mainly for the new weapon/partner but the Soundblaster black turns out to be nice too. :)

STL
15th February 2009, 11:12 AM
Arcee looks friggin' awesome! The futuristic cockpit and all the angles are amazing. Cannot. Wait.

Soundwave = Soundblaster for me. Otherwise I'd give it a pass if they did it in the Electrostatic colours. The Ratbat doesn't look as well done as Laserbeak however.

Thanatos
15th February 2009, 11:19 AM
Man, Soundblaster :P. That's awesome. Ratbat doesn't look as well pulled off, but it's fairly metal

Gutsman Heavy
15th February 2009, 12:52 PM
OMG Keytar!

Doggie bounce (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXNBIFLxQUM) Soundwave ftw!

Robzy
15th February 2009, 02:49 PM
Ratbat looks cool! Arcee looks amazing!

Wheel-J
15th February 2009, 03:03 PM
It's just about time a fembot joins up the good guys to balance the score...:)

On the other side, I just learned that unofficial pics of animated human figures have been posted from other fan websites (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/new-tf-animated-galleries-including-impossible-toys-human-figures/15173/).

http://www.seibertron.com/images/toys/files/45/r_sari031.jpg

Looking sweet to me. :D

Stompy
15th February 2009, 03:05 PM
Animated continues to astound me with the toy line. Arcee is looking awesome and a keytar! Now for a 3rd repaint of Soundwave with Ravage as a.... drum kit?

Cannot wait.

iceburn
15th February 2009, 03:43 PM
oh goodie goodie!!! nice pair of toys..esp for Arceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Zippo
15th February 2009, 03:53 PM
Acree looks sweet, and while a Black Soundwave is awesome - espy with Ratbat, I think I can pass on him.

GoktimusPrime
15th February 2009, 06:06 PM
Ooh! Human figures! That's cool. Although they don't look terribly articulated to me. :/

I'd like to see Hasbro release proper action figures of humans that appear in TFs - Mutt Williams could easily be redecoed and repackaged as Sam Witwicky. :)

Gutsman Heavy
15th February 2009, 07:08 PM
Just a reminder those animated human figs ain't official.

SilverDragon
15th February 2009, 07:22 PM
Arcee looks sparkly, and I'm still amazed that the figure can actually transform.

*sigh* Another figure to get. Oh well, at least the Autobots in my room will stop hitting on Blackarachnia now that there's a female who isn't a Decepticon.

Tetsuwan Convoy
15th February 2009, 07:45 PM
SOund(blaster)wave thar looks nice in black. Ratbat looks kinda lame in bat mode, I like the way they used the cartoon head though.

Arccee looks great! The car mode looks so sleek and sexy! I hope the Rodimus toy is along those lines in vehicle mode! The robot seems to have a bit of kibble on the upper arms, but having a closer look, it seems you can twist at the forearms and ball jointed elbows should avoid that. Cool!

I am quite excited!

How many years and we finally have a proper Arcee?:D

Ode to a Grasshopper
15th February 2009, 08:51 PM
Awesome, finally a good G1-esque Arcee. Hope we get toys for Strika and Red Alert as well.

Gutsman Heavy
15th February 2009, 09:07 PM
i had no interest in Arcee, but that does look quite nice.

Pipesqueak
15th February 2009, 10:58 PM
Arcee is a must and i like the look of Ratbat more than the Laserbeak guitar actually but i'm not buying another Soundwave to get it.

GoktimusPrime
16th February 2009, 10:12 AM
I share the excitement of seeing a toy that is the closest facsimile to a G1 Arcee to date. :)

i_amtrunks
16th February 2009, 10:22 AM
Arcee continues the theme of awesomesauce animated toys, though if she really is that metallic pink I'll be very surprised.

Not sold on Soundblaster with Ratbat, Ratbat looks hilariously dodgy in "guitar mode".

Wish there was more Animated and Universe stuff being shown off at Toyfare, the movie stuff is boring.

Paulbot
16th February 2009, 08:31 PM
Arcee look good. Soundwave... Well now instead of responding to "But's it's the same toy" with "But it has a new hat!" we can say "But it has a new bat!" :D

GoktimusPrime
17th February 2009, 06:23 PM
Are they still gonna just call this toy Soundwave or will they call it Soundblaster? I think it should be called Soundblaster. It would be a good tribute to G1 for obvious reasons.

Golden Phoenix
17th February 2009, 07:47 PM
Are they still gonna just call this toy Soundwave or will they call it Soundblaster? I think it should be called Soundblaster. It would be a good tribute to G1 for obvious reasons.

They should call it Soundblaster, but they wont.
Some people will get confused, so they are throwing Electrostatic in front of Soundwave and saving the name

STL
18th February 2009, 12:21 PM
They should call it Soundblaster, but they wont.
Some people will get confused, so they are throwing Electrostatic in front of Soundwave and saving the name

I agree.

But they want "brand real estate". I don't really understand it with a periphery character though who's been on for an episode in the 1st two seasons

roller
18th February 2009, 10:18 PM
arcee looks crap

i hope they do another one in Universe 2 line or a special G1 release

Tetsuwan Convoy
19th February 2009, 03:44 PM
I share the excitement of seeing a toy that is the closest facsimile to a G1 Arcee to date. :)
When I read that, I imagined goks voice in monotone robot speak for some reason. Strange but true.... Or that "Russian" news reader from that comedy company-esque show that used to be on ch7 a long time ago.

Wish there was more Animated and Universe stuff being shown off at Toyfare, the movie stuff is boring.

I second that motion

GoktimusPrime
20th February 2009, 08:35 AM
Or that "Russian" news reader from that comedy company-esque show that used to be on ch7 a long time ago.
"You are very unattractive man." :p