PDA

View Full Version : 37 Movie Toys revealed at Toyfair (pics and spoilers)

griffin
15th February 2009, 09:26 PM
The official Club got access to official product pics from the US Toyfair, with heaps of Movie toys. (maybe the Melbourne Toyfair won't have the movie line hidden away after all :D )

Main page (just press release, product info)
http://www.transformersclub.com/toyfair09/

Movie toys
http://www.transformersclub.com/toyfair09/TFmainline09.html
Figurines and gimmick toys
http://www.transformersclub.com/toyfair09/TFkids09.html

So the ugly toy is called Demolishor, and is meant to look like that. I guess they are proving that an alien race doesn't have to be biped in shape...

Some interesting names though.

griffin
15th February 2009, 09:35 PM
Movie toys shown:
Leader size Optimus
Scout Dirtboss (forklift)
Scout Knockout (motorcycle)
Scout Deadend (car)
Voyager Optimus
Voyager Demolishor (Decepticon power shovel)
Deluxe Breakdown (Autobot jet)
Deluxe Rampage (Decep bulldozer)
Deluxe Sideswipe (Autobot car)
Deluxe Soundwave (Decep triplechanger)
Voyager Starscream
Deluxe Bumblebee
Scout Rollbar (armoured truck)
Robot Replicas Ironhide, Optimus, Starscream, Ratchet.

From the Figurines and gimmick items page:
Robot Heroes Springer Vs Starscream
RH Optimus Vs Blackout
RH Bumblebee Vs Long Haul
RH Battle for the Allspark 7-pack (Optimus (truck mode), Starscream (jet), Bumblebee (car), Sam, Ratchet, Megatron?, Brawl)

Bumblebee Helmet
Optimus Helmet
Gravity Bots (autochangers) Starscream
Gravity Bots Bumblebee
Gravity Bots Optimus Prime
Powerbots Bumblebee
FAB Optimus Prime

Robzy
15th February 2009, 09:37 PM
Thanks for posting pics Griffin!

Leader Prime looks great!

FFN
15th February 2009, 09:41 PM
For some reason Tformers says here http://tformers.com/transformers-toy-fair-2009-hasbro-transformers-2009-press-preview-report/10984/news.html

# The Big combiner takes up space - 2 ft high, about 4 ft wide.

That would make it way bigger than Fort Max. At least way wider.

STL
15th February 2009, 10:55 PM
Hrm. I can't say I'm convinced by many. I think the Scouts range looks great but that Demolisher can hardly be called a Transformer. There seems to be so little effort in its transformation... totally random... but we'll see.

I'll be getting the Ironhide Robot Replica! :o

Stompy
16th February 2009, 12:47 AM
I think Sideswipe will make it to my all time faves. Leader Prime looks ace and those gravity bots are interesting. My theory on these gravity bots is that a little pop up peg will push the figure upright and automatically "fall" into robot mode hence the gravity part. Just an observation. I'm excited over them for some reason. :S

EDIT: Rollbar looks like a Redbull (the energy drink) truck.

Kyle
16th February 2009, 01:30 AM
The new Leader Optimus Prime toy is almost perfect... I just hope if I buy one early there won't be a "Premium" version (or whatever they call it this time) coming later...

Stompy
16th February 2009, 01:39 AM
You know there will be ;).

In one of the news articles, Jetfire is a LEader figure as well. I wonder if, much like the Legends Class versions of these two, they will be able to combine? Harkens back to the Cybertron LEader OP and Wingblade combine.

i_amtrunks
16th February 2009, 10:11 AM
Ryan has a pretty good gallery up on Seibertron (http://www.seibertron.com/events/gallery.php?event_id=107) too. Between the big US transformers site, I think they have everything covered ten-fold.

iceburn
16th February 2009, 10:18 AM
Pics of actual DEVASTATOR toy! AWESOMENESS to me

http://tformers.com/transformers-toy-fair-2009-live-shots-of-revenge-of-the-fallen-devastator-skids-more/10985/news.html

More pics here of other toys

http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=album&album=10983&dispsize=600&start=0

Sky Shadow
16th February 2009, 10:26 AM
Looks like I'll save money on this line - I'm only interested in Demolishor and Rampage.

Some interesting names though.

Is that sarcasm... since every one of the names is recycled, I can't imagine you really think they're interesting? I guess it's an interesting choice of names, with some unusual attachments of names to altmodes.

sifun
16th February 2009, 12:27 PM
Wheres jetfire and audi r8 barricade??

blackie
16th February 2009, 01:18 PM
the movie line is going to kill me, and not in the regualr way. no decent toys on the shelf, and ill be spending way too much money on ebay G1s again....

Bartrim
16th February 2009, 04:49 PM
Wow so Soundwave's sattelite mode is his jet mode standing on it's nose with a couple of extra flaps pulled out.:rolleyes:

Defcon
16th February 2009, 05:26 PM
well out of what I have seen I'll probably be getting Sideswipe, Soundwave, and Breakaway.

I dislike the toes on Breakaway, and the color scheme, but I think this mold has great potential for custom aerialbots. The thruster on his back reminds me of a jetpack. The autobots need air support !

I can pass on the others.

Lord_Zed
16th February 2009, 07:34 PM
Its hard to get a good feel for the toys for some of those shots, I suspect I won't decide who I want till I see them in reallife, and see the movie. I do like the new leader OP, Starscream, Sideswipe and some of the more alien looking ones like the bulldozer.

I'm going to wait and see.

MV75
16th February 2009, 09:09 PM
I love how breakaway has a cool jet mode and the minigun on his arm, but the colours, it's all wrong, especially the gun. And the wheelie face. :D Very "cute".

Soundwave is just a mess. no no no no no.

Hereticpoo
19th February 2009, 04:07 PM
Human Alliance bumblebee looks great!

But I wonder if the production figure will actually have the nice metallic paints that the display figure has.

Fingers Crossed, don't skimp on us Hasbro!

griffin
19th February 2009, 04:13 PM
In case there are additional photos on one site that the others missed, here are a number of other links posted to the ATT newsgroup the other day:
(some links have already been posted here)

Allspark's notes:
http://www.allspark.com/content/view/4385/20/

ASM's gallery:
http://toyfair09.asmzine.com/gallery/hasbro/hasbro-transformers/

Hasbro press release at fan club site:
http://www.transformersclub.com/toyfair09/

Hasbro stock images at fan club site:
http://www.transformersclub.com/toyfair09/TFmainline09.html
http://www.transformersclub.com/toyfair09/TFkids09.html

Habsro stock images at TFormers:
http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=album&album=10983&dispsize=600&start=0

Hasbro stock images at ASM:
http://toyfair09.asmzine.com/gallery/hasbro/hasbro-tf-press-kit/

Doubledealer
21st February 2009, 09:24 PM
Leader class Optimus Prime and Sideswipe are the clear stand outs to me and look absolutely brilliant. Not interested in the other ones at all. Breakaway looks like a spanner got in the works and he's stuck in a hunchback like half-transformed state, Rampage looks like he picked a fight with a bowl of macaroni cheese and lost...Don't even get me started on Soundwave. Looks like I'll be buying more G1 too. :)

GoktimusPrime
22nd February 2009, 09:12 PM
# Because the combined figure is so huge, there are no secondary (robot) mode just alternate and combiner limbs.
# There will be other figures for each character that have full robot and alternate modes, but will not combine.

COPULATE AND GO AWAY!!! :mad: Is anyone else really mad about this?!? What's the point of having a gestalt/combiner in the movie line if the toys don't combine??? I wouldn't care if they had to simplify the toys quite a lot from the movie models in order to make it work - I'm fairly forgiving in that department (hence why I like FAB Decepticon Frenzy).

Is it really because the engineering is too complicated or because they just want to milk more money out of us?? Waaaaargh!

DAMN IT! I hate this... I don't actually want to get the movie Constructicons now, but I know I will because I intend on getting all the movie characters... ARGH!

Swear words!! :mad::mad::mad:

...somebody please tell me that I've missed something and that it's not what I think... or maybe this is a bad dream. There's no place like home. There's no place like home. There's no place like home... *clicks heels together x3*

jacksplatt11
22nd February 2009, 09:43 PM
Wow

Lord_Zed
22nd February 2009, 09:54 PM
COPULATE AND GO AWAY!!! :mad: Is anyone else really mad about this?!? What's the point of having a gestalt/combiner in the movie line if the toys don't combine??? I wouldn't care if they had to simplify the toys quite a lot from the movie models in order to make it work - I'm fairly forgiving in that department (hence why I like FAB Decepticon Frenzy).

Is it really because the engineering is too complicated or because they just want to milk more money out of us?? Waaaaargh!

DAMN IT! I hate this... I don't actually want to get the movie Constructicons now, but I know I will because I intend on getting all the movie characters... ARGH!

I haven't met a gestalt/combiner I've liked since Car Robots, so I'm not particularly fussed. The toys will be judged by myself on thier individual merits. Ofcourse if Devestator does appear in the movie and rocks then I may just join you in nerd rage.

SofaMan
22nd February 2009, 10:06 PM

...somebody please tell me that I've missed something and that it's not what I think... or maybe this is a bad dream. There's no place like home. There's no place like home. There's no place like home... *clicks heels together x3*

I feel the pain. I'm equally annoyed at this.

Stompy
22nd February 2009, 10:09 PM

I too am mad about it. I'm sure there's some reason they couldn't do it properly, but it's still disappointing news. I share your pain.

From the look of the pictures so far of the figures, the combining set looks to have just alt modes that convert to limbs/body parts. Since two of the Constructicons (excavator and bulldozer?) have been shown as separate figures that have proper individual robot modes that doesn't combine, it looks to be we will make do with separate toys. I'm unsure if I'd bother with the combining version due to price.

Unless they release one later on the year and make a "premium" combiner that each member have individual robot modes AND combine.

Sky Shadow
22nd February 2009, 10:11 PM
To reply to Goktimus, the gestalt version of Devastator is no worse than existing Transformers like Magmatron or Tidal Wave - a bunch of altmodes with no individual robot mode that combine into a big robot. I actually think it's a good thing, since it means there's no comprimise in the toys that do transform into individual robots. Personally, the only decent ROTFLMAO toys I've seen are Rampage and Demolishor (oh, and W******e). If they *did* combine into Devastator then there's far more chance that they'd have crap individual robot modes, that the other ones would be comprimised, that they'd combine into a floppy gestalt, and be crap toys overall.

Doubledealer
22nd February 2009, 10:17 PM

It's crap because it bases itself on the most iconic Transformers combiner whose toy came out over 20 years ago and still smashes it both aesthetically and
in the way that it offered strong alt/robot/limb modes. Looking at the amazing Universe offerings of late with some superb engineering the whole thing reeks of cash cow shenanigans. Moooooooo. The sad thing is it will still sell like a pig on stilts. Still, I feel the same way about the recent Superion/Bruticus offerings which I think are absolute rubbish and an insult to the G1 characters and figures. Different strokes and all that...

Robzy
22nd February 2009, 10:22 PM
Is anyone else really mad about this?!? What's the point of having a gestalt/combiner in the movie line if the toys don't combine??? Yeah, it really sux! :mad:

I'm unsure if I'd bother with the combining version due to price.

Unless they release one later on the year and make a "premium" combiner that each member have individual robot modes AND combine.My thoughts exactly! This is probably just "Version #1"

Overall, I'm just not as excited by the figures for this movie, as I was for the first one!

ROTFLMAO:D Lol - I used this exact same joke on another site today! :D

STL
22nd February 2009, 10:53 PM
To reply to Goktimus, the gestalt version of Devastator is no worse than existing Transformers like Magmatron or Tidal Wave - a bunch of altmodes with no individual robot mode that combine into a big robot.

That's a really excellent point that I didn't really think about. I've been keeping my frustrations low key for fear of being unduly negative until we actually see the movie and more of the toys but that does make sense though. We get a sturdier robot mode and still get individual bots.

I can't say I'm completely happy b/c as opposed to Magmatron, Devastator has individual robots too whichi is why I'd expect a complete full combiner. But at least from that standpoint I can kind of appreciate it.

griffin
22nd February 2009, 11:16 PM
Calm down people... it was expected that the movie combiner would have limitations, due to the shorter development timeframe for movie toys. They have trouble rushing through the regular toys with 2 modes (the new versions that they had more time on, look to be better), so how can we expect them to coordinate the trial-and-error process of creating a set of 7 toys that are essentially triple-changers? They would need more time, and a larger cast of toy characters probably means less chance of anything more than toys with two modes - something this Devastator has. Vehicle modes that convert into gestalt parts, like Magmatron.
At least be fair on their limited time frame and resources here. This wouldn't be a mere money grab. A 2-mode toy takes 18 months to produce - so don't expect them to be producing *multiple* 3-mode toys in under 12 months.

None of the first movie toys had 3-modes, and if Hasbro wanted to do a 3-mode toy, it wouldn't be in the movie because they would need more time to work on it than the movie people would give them (with animation models, etc).

liegeprime
22nd February 2009, 11:57 PM
Hmmm Ill be getting the combiner instead of the individual bots for Dev... As the movie toys have , since the first one, been a different take on the concept of TFs, I'm just gonna consider this another take on Dev.... but in my little collecting universe, he is one mind in seven bodies, like Magmatron 1 mind 3 bodies. Not much I can do about it except "adjust" as much as Id like to bitch and rant about it.... :mad::mad::(

GoktimusPrime
23rd February 2009, 10:15 AM
To reply to Goktimus, the gestalt version of Devastator is no worse than existing Transformers like Magmatron or Tidal Wave - a bunch of altmodes with no individual robot mode that combine into a big robot.
As STL said, the Constructicons are meant to be independent and separate Transformers who can combine into a big super robot and that is what I would expect from the toys. I can appreciate it too - but I still don't like it. :(

I actually think it's a good thing, since it means there's no comprimise in the toys that do transform into individual robots. Personally, the only decent ROTFLMAO toys I've seen are Rampage and Demolishor (oh, and W******e). If they *did* combine into Devastator then there's far more chance that they'd have crap individual robot modes, that the other ones would be comprimised, that they'd combine into a floppy gestalt, and be crap toys overall.
I'd rather have simpler more compromised toys that can still transform and combine instead of more movie-accurate figures that don't. Gah... makes me wonder if Stompy's speculation could be true and Hasbro might release a simpler set of Constructicons that can transform and combine... if so I would much prefer it, but it'd probably come out too late for me. :(

Still, I feel the same way about the recent Superion/Bruticus offerings which I think are absolute rubbish and an insult to the G1 characters and figures.
That's because they're repaints of Energon gestalts and the moulds were only initially ever intended to be part of the Classics/Universe line. :) Yeah, it would have been nicer if Hasbro had developed whole new gestalts for Universe, but they chose the easier option of repainting Energon moulds instead.

it was expected that the movie combiner would have limitations, due to the shorter development timeframe for movie toys. They have trouble rushing through the regular toys with 2 modes (the new versions that they had more time on, look to be better), so how can we expect them to coordinate the trial-and-error process of creating a set of 7 toys that are essentially triple-changers? They would need more time, and a larger cast of toy characters probably means less chance of anything more than toys with two modes - something this Devastator has. Vehicle modes that convert into gestalt parts, like Magmatron.
At least be fair on their limited time frame and resources here. This wouldn't be a mere money grab. A 2-mode toy takes 18 months to produce - so don't expect them to be producing *multiple* 3-mode toys in under 12 months.

None of the first movie toys had 3-modes, and if Hasbro wanted to do a 3-mode toy, it wouldn't be in the movie because they would need more time to work on it than the movie people would give them (with animation models, etc).
I would have preferred for the Constructicons to be released in a later wave if it meant that they would've been done better. And I'm getting a nasty feeling that Stompy and Robzy may be right in terms of us seeing a proper gestalt set later on as some kind of "Premium." (-_-)

My current plan is to buy the individual non-combining robots first... Devastator is a low priority for me and something I would buy if there was nothing else I wanted and I had the available funds. :/ I might even get a cheaper smaller alternative to Devastator like a Robot Replica or something.

*sigh*

1orion2many
23rd February 2009, 11:19 AM
:DSaw most of these pictures weeks ago :p, think of your happy place Gok and everyone else :D, you know you say I'm not buying that load of but then you go ahead and buy the very figures which horrify you. If they have good representation in the movie some of you will bite the bullet no matter how much you dislike the toy and still buy it:rolleyes:(yes that's me):o:D.

JuzMel
23rd February 2009, 11:47 AM
Cool, that explains quite a bit on the movie trailer and what character they are. Just wondering though some of the figures like Voyager Prime, Screamer and Bumblebee, aren't they just same mould repaints?

Demolisher sure looks ugly - both in film and toy figure... :p

GoktimusPrime
23rd February 2009, 05:06 PM
you know you say I'm not buying that load of but then you go ahead and buy the very figures which horrify you. If they have good representation in the movie some of you will bite the bullet no matter how much you dislike the toy and still buy it(yes that's me).
*sigh* Unfortunately I cannot refute the truth in your words. I probably wouldn't care so much if these were toys I had no interest in ever getting... I'm just really not looking forward to blowing my money on two sets of Constructicons. (-_-)

MV75
23rd February 2009, 08:59 PM
:mad: Is anyone else really mad about this?!? What's the point of having a gestalt/combiner in the movie line if the toys don't combine??? I wouldn't care if they had to simplify the toys quite a lot from the movie models in order to make it work - I'm fairly forgiving in that department (hence why I like FAB Decepticon Frenzy).

At first yea, until I saw the abortion that was the unicycle robot mode of demolisher. I'd rather them get the devastator mode right with no compromises.

But in the end I doubt I'll buy any of them due to pricing. Also, I'd rather wait until the 3rd movie, they'd have a much better engineered version then.

Defcon
23rd February 2009, 09:12 PM
I have changed my mind on these new movie toys several times now. what to buy and what to avoid ???? I have lost interest in the cars, I have so many car transformers already. Repaints of the older movie toys wont grab me either unless they do one for Incinerator... So I have basically narrowed it down to the Constructicons. I always wanted these guys in deluxe and voyager sizes! Long Haul is going to be awesome!

so that makes 6 so far on my wish list plus add 5 more for other characters I wont name. Im also keen on the human alliance toys as well so add 3 more. Thats 14 in total so far!

GoktimusPrime
24th February 2009, 12:18 PM
At first yea, until I saw the abortion that was the unicycle robot mode of demolisher.
I don't have a problem with the "unicycle" robot mode. As griffin said, it shows that alien robots don't have to be bipedal. And it's not as if this is the first time we've ever had a Transformer with a non-bipedal robot mode (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Vehicon) or unicycle robot mode (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Thrust_%28BM%29). ;)

i_amtrunks
24th February 2009, 01:06 PM
I don't have a problem with the "unicycle" robot mode. As griffin said, it shows that alien robots don't have to be bipedal. And it's not as if this is the first time we've ever had a Transformer with a non-bipedal robot mode (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Vehicon) or unicycle robot mode (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Thrust_%28BM%29). ;)

Im all for non-humanoid robot modes, but the giant spaces of nothing-ness and the so very simplistic transformation for a voyager are very annoying.

Gutsman Heavy
24th February 2009, 06:15 PM
Rampage is a centaur bot!? MUST HAVE!

Stompy
24th February 2009, 11:10 PM
Rampage is a centaur bot!? MUST HAVE!

+1

Totally in love with Rampage. Awesome awesome bot mode! That makes 3 must haves so far... Leader Prime, Sideswipe & Rampage. I'm sure Jetfire will look great in any class.

Pics here:
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-toys--products-30/new-images-of-rotf-deluxe-rampage-skids-bumblebee-fab-jetfire--long-haul-166902/

Sky Shadow
24th February 2009, 11:22 PM
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/6057/attachmentlf2.jpg

"I would like to make it clear that despite the propaganda to the contrary, I am not Optimus Prime's cousin, neither am I named Larry, nor am I retarded."

Doubledealer
24th February 2009, 11:30 PM
Hmm, those pics of Rampage make him look a lot better than previous shots I've seen. The face inparticular is very nicely detailed - kinda looks how I imagine Bumblebee would look if he were bitten by alien spiders ala Blackarachnia.

liegeprime
25th February 2009, 08:28 AM
Scroll down to the video , it shows Devastator, although not much, a new punch glove BB whatever aaaaaand for Gi Joe collectors, awesome awesome toys! Which I think I will get. NightRavens and the Pit. Shame they didnt make a Cobra Terror Drome or some other new base... yet.

http://transformersph.blogspot.com/

1orion2many
25th February 2009, 02:41 PM
Im all for non-humanoid robot modes, but the giant spaces of nothing-ness and the so very simplistic transformation for a voyager are very annoying.

:)I think they realise that collectors are starting to get older and senile so they are making it easier for us to transform the toys without breaking them:D.

i_amtrunks
25th February 2009, 03:22 PM
:)I think they realise that collectors are starting to get older and senile so they are making it easier for us to transform the toys without breaking them:D.

Combine that with dumber and less patient kids, and you have a toy manufacturer's mantra right there...

"Everyones getting dumber, so the toys are getting simpler." :p

MV75
25th February 2009, 08:49 PM
I don't see a centaur. ???

I see something that looks like baal from diablo2.

Lord_Zed
25th February 2009, 10:11 PM
Scroll down to the video , it shows Devastator, although not much, a new punch glove BB whatever aaaaaand for Gi Joe collectors, awesome awesome toys! Which I think I will get. NightRavens and the Pit. Shame they didnt make a Cobra Terror Drome or some other new base... yet.

http://transformersph.blogspot.com/

The new Night Raven is entirely inferior to the old one, however its better than the vehicles for the Valor Vs Venom years, the trigger and lights and sound are lame. if they come out localy maybe I'd get one. I don't know what to make of the Pitt and Denis Quaid.

But I guess I should be talking TF's on this thread. For some reason Devestator looks more interesting to me in that vid, although I'm still far from sold. I like the SR71 TF to, even though he suffers from sever undercaridge syndrome (a common TF ailment)

Tetsuwan Convoy
28th February 2009, 01:25 AM
The sad thing is it will still sell like a pig on stilts.

I do believ I have never heard that phrase before. WOuld I be correct in the assumption it means "sells well" ?

As for the contructicons, well it sucks that there are 2 different lots, but I would rather have movie accuracy over anything else.

Bartrim
28th February 2009, 08:36 AM
I do believ I have never heard that phrase before. WOuld I be correct in the assumption it means "sells well" ?

Well I'd definitely be interested in buying that:p

Doubledealer
28th February 2009, 09:26 AM

As for the contructicons, well it sucks that there are 2 different lots, but I would rather have movie accuracy over anything else.
I may have kinda made that phrase up, I do that sometimes. :p You're assumption is correct!

liegeprime
1st March 2009, 11:54 AM
Heres a more longer coverage of the TFs for the movie,

link below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erNfWShllZY&feature=channel

I like the gravity transforming ones kinda like activators!:D:D

jaydisc
1st March 2009, 12:07 PM
Yeah, the gravity bots are definitely an awesome innovation, totally akin to Activators. I'll definitely be getting at least a few of those.

lcz128
1st March 2009, 12:29 PM
Yeah, the gravity bots are definitely an awesome innovation, totally akin to Activators. I'll definitely be getting at least a few of those.

+1 therapeutic :D

Stompy
1st March 2009, 10:45 PM
Those gravity bots are great. Probably my most awaited fromt he movie line. Also noticed the new "Bumper Battlers." Looking a lot better than the originals.

STL
1st March 2009, 10:57 PM
I have to agree, those Gravity bots look very neat. Just the concept of them is quite astounding, no effort at all.