PDA

View Full Version : IDW Publishing's May Solicits

i_amtrunks
17th February 2009, 09:32 AM
Comic Continuum (http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0902/16/idwmay.htm) have posted all of IDW's May solicits, from Angel to GI Joe.

As for Transformers we have a couple of items to look out for:

THE TRANSFORMERS: ALL HAIL MEGATRON #11

Written by Shane McCarthy, art by Guido Guidi, covers by Casey Coller and Trevor Hutchison.

It's all-out war on Earth as the battle for the planet begins. This is the showdown you've been waiting for, and it's a battle so fierce we promise not everyone will survive. And what of the shocking end in store for New York City?

32 pages, $3.99.

TRANSFORMERS BEST OF THE UK: CITY OF FEAR #4

Written by Simon Furman, art by Jeff Anderson, cover by Andrew Griffith.

Galvatron has returned to claim command of the Decepticons, but Shockwave, intent on maintaining control, unleashes the Seacons on his former leader!

32 pages, $3.99.

TRANSFORMERS PREMIERE EDITION, VOLUME 2

Written by Simon Furman, Klaus Scherwinski and Nick Roche, art by E.J. Su, Nick Roche, Klaus Scherwinski and Dan Khanna, cover by Su.

This massive hardcover volume is the second in a series of Transformers Premiere Edition hardcovers. Collecting the complete Devastation series along with two volumes of Spotlights featuring characters ranging from Soundwave to Wheelie, as well as the concluding Revelations stories, along with covers and additional extras in this oversized tome.

488 pages, $100.

TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN MOVIE ADAPTATION #1

Written by Simon Furman, art by Jon-Davis Hunt, covers by Josh Nizzi and photo.

The official adaptation of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen picks up directly where the Destiny movie prequels leave off with this weekly series -- the Transformers' brutal war continues on Earth as the noble Autobots work with their human allies to end the threat of the treacherous Decepticons. In stores on May 20.

32 pages, $3.99, in stores on May 20.

TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN MOVIE ADAPTATION #2

Written by Simon Furman, art by Jon-Davis Hunt, covers by Josh Nizzi and photo.

The official adaptation of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen continues here in this weekly series, where the return of an ultimate evil may prove to be too much for our heroes.

32 pages, $3.99, in stores on May 27.

TRANSFORMERS: I AM OPTIMUS PRIME

Written by Chris Ryall, art and cover by Joe Sharp and Rob Sharp.

Worthwhile Book. Learn what makes Optimus Prime, the famous leader of the valiant Autobots, who he is in this hardcover picture book aimed at young readers! Specially written and illustrated for developing readers, I Am Optimus Prime will delight and captivate a whole new generation of Transformers fans through this colorful hybrid picture book/comic book.

Hardcover with dust jacket, 32 pages, $15.99.

TRANSFORMERS ANIMATED VOL. 9 TPB

Written by Marty Isenberg, art by various.

Share the adventures of Autobot heroes like Optimus Prime, Hot Rod and Jazz as they battle Megatron and the dangerous Decepticons! Using actual still frames from the animated series itself, the Transformers animated series puts new TF action in your pocket!

112 pages, $7.99.

So the Movie adaptation comes out on a weekly basis, with the final issue out when the movie is still 2 weeks away.

And wth? All Hail Megatron #11 is when the action starts? does this mean we have another three issues of crap to put up with before anything worthwhile happens?

STL
17th February 2009, 10:22 AM
TRANSFORMERS PREMIERE EDITION, VOLUME 2 = GOLD

I love my Premium Hardcovers even if the story quality is suspect

i_amtrunks
17th February 2009, 11:33 AM
TRANSFORMERS PREMIERE EDITION, VOLUME 2 = GOLD

I love my Premium Hardcovers even if the story quality is suspect

che?

The hardcover collects Devastation, Revelation and the Spotlights, which all tie intogether seamlessly.

Or are you referring to not liking the Furman stories?

Paulbot
17th February 2009, 12:08 PM
I'll be getting the Hardcover too.

And what of the shocking end in store for New York City?

I wonder if I could be on the right track with my speculation (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=3508)?? :D:p;)

jacksplatt11
17th February 2009, 12:47 PM
I'll be getting in on that hardcover too me thinks

i_amtrunks
17th February 2009, 01:02 PM
I'll be getting the Hardcover too.

I wonder if I could be on the right track with my speculation (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=3508)?? :D:p;)

You know I'd be even less surprised to find out that McCarthy stole your speculation and did a last minute re-write.

However I'm not sure if he would actually be awakened, as then how could Prime defeat him in an issue?

Sky Shadow
17th February 2009, 01:42 PM
However I'm not sure if he would actually be awakened, as then how could Prime defeat him in an issue?

Prime could always be brought back to life just to kill Trypticon and die again. (Man, that robot dies more than Kenny from South Park.)

STL
17th February 2009, 02:03 PM
Or are you referring to not liking the Furman stories?

We'll see. hopefully it reads better in HC format. I hope so. I read the first HC as a whole and it read well except for Infiltration and the Spotlights at the end which felt they shld've been placed better cos instead they came like a block at the end w/out any context

i_amtrunks
17th February 2009, 02:13 PM
We'll see. hopefully it reads better in HC format. I hope so. I read the first HC as a whole and it read well except for Infiltration and the Spotlights at the end which felt they shld've been placed better cos instead they came like a block at the end w/out any context

Spotlights seem to not read well in a block, they need to be split up, even if you read them out of chronological order.

GoktimusPrime
17th February 2009, 06:30 PM
I'd like to know when the Time Wars TPB is coming out. That's one I'm really eagerly waiting for.

Lord_Zed
17th February 2009, 08:25 PM
Comic Continuum (http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0902/16/idwmay.htm)

And wth? All Hail Megatron #11 is when the action starts? does this mean we have another three issues of crap to put up with before anything worthwhile happens?

Damn! And I had such high hopes after reading issue 6! Hope something decent happens bettween then and now.

Its kinda lame that this is Megatrons greatest victory (in IDW verse at least) war broke out all over the galaxy and all we saw were a few panels of it, I was hoping for more flashbacks.

Alas flawed as it is AHM is still the most interesting TF comic on that list for me.

Autocon
18th February 2009, 12:08 AM
so when will the new defiance/alliance come out?

how will they work the adaptations in?:confused:

defiance
adaptation#1
movie prequel
live movie 1st
ross
alliance
adaptation#2
live movie 2nd

is that right?

STL
18th February 2009, 12:13 AM
so when will the new defiance/alliance come out

how will they work the adaptations in?:confused:

defiance
adaptation#1
movie prequel
live movie 1st
ross
alliance
adaptation#2
live movie 2nd

is that right?

I think that alliance and defiance finish before the the adaption starts so there's no problem at all. I think IDW really want to rush these onto the shelves as quickly as they can.

i_amtrunks
18th February 2009, 09:47 AM
Its kinda lame that this is Megatrons greatest victory (in IDW verse at least) war broke out all over the galaxy and all we saw were a few panels of it, I was hoping for more flashbacks.

Alas flawed as it is AHM is still the most interesting TF comic on that list for me.

I have a feeling that the AHM coda might help give you your fix Zed.

so when will the new defiance/alliance come out?

They will be finished before May. I think Alliance finishes in March and Defiance in April, as they are both only 4 parters.

STL
19th February 2009, 12:54 AM
I'd like to know when the Time Wars TPB is coming out. That's one I'm really eagerly waiting for.

I just checked, April 2009. $19.99 USD so about $32 AUD at the moment. :(

I jsut noticed too, who the hell is this Jon Hunt Davis guy? Anyone got a link of his work?

GoktimusPrime
19th February 2009, 12:37 PM
I just checked, April 2009. $19.99 USD so about $32 AUD at the moment.
Thank you.

I jsut noticed too, who the hell is this Jon Hunt Davis guy? Anyone got a link of his work?
Never heard of him. According to my Google search he's some work on Judge Dredd. Here (http://www.jonathandavishunt.com/) is his official web site.