PDA

View Full Version : K-Mart: $20 Movie Voyagers from Thursday

Paulbot
17th February 2009, 12:05 PM
Quick update peeps:

$20 Movie Voyagers at K-Mart stores from Thursday. It's in their new catalogue.

This explains all those Movie Voyagers popping up in the stores recently.

I'm going to get myself a Hasbro Incinerator at that price.

iceburn
17th February 2009, 12:07 PM
southland's all out of Incinerator..unsure about chadstone

Sky Shadow
17th February 2009, 12:09 PM
Quick update peeps:

$20 Movie Voyagers at K-Mart stores from Thursday. It's in their new catalogue.

This explains all those Movie Voyagers popping up in the stores recently.

I'm going to get myself a Hasbro Incinerator at that price.

Hmm... looks like I might be going to K-Mart on Thursday. :)

STL
17th February 2009, 12:18 PM
Dunno if I need a spare incinerator. Not really gonna display it as I've got the Japanese one. Thinking of a custom idea... Springer? Any ideas?

Sky Shadow
17th February 2009, 12:29 PM
Dunno if I need a spare incinerator. Not really gonna display it as I've got the Japanese one. Thinking of a custom idea... Springer? Any ideas?

Beast Machines Obsidian? Animated Megatron?

i_amtrunks
17th February 2009, 01:04 PM
Energon Bulkhead?

$20 Voyagers is about all Offroad Ironhide and Incinerator are worth.

Guess we all know to leave later waves of Revenge Merch on the shelves, as it'll all get massively marked down 18 months later.. :p

Golden Phoenix
17th February 2009, 01:05 PM
Definitely getting me Incinerator for $20

SilverDragon
17th February 2009, 04:40 PM
Awesomesauce. Finally, Voyagers at the proper price!

I can snag an Incinerator!

SofaMan
17th February 2009, 11:17 PM
Any other TFs on sale, or just Movie Voyagers?

Stompy
17th February 2009, 11:22 PM
Just movie Voyagers in the latest catalogue.

Might see if there's any other All-Spark repaints worth getting.

TF76
17th February 2009, 11:41 PM
:rolleyes:Id like to find Evac and Incinerator but doubt ill find them, as usual someone will go nuts and buy every single one...

STL
17th February 2009, 11:42 PM
:rolleyes:Id like to find Evac and Incinerator but doubt ill find them, as usual someone will go nuts and buy every single one...

It won't be me. :D

I'm not looking to start an Incinerator army. No, really. :D

TF76
17th February 2009, 11:51 PM
Looks like I wont be able to go till the afternoon. :(

I am pretty much only going to able to layby stuff this year cos every thing is in place for my engament now. :D

So basically unless I dont find it at retaill I wont be getting it.

Also despite doing a lot of scouting, im almost a semi active member and it means i usually miss out on members getting doubles cant make meets and stuff. :(

Sorry im sick and sooky tonight... I think I have the Flu:confused:

blackie
17th February 2009, 11:59 PM
I am pretty much only going to able to layby stuff this year cos every thing is in place for my engament now. :D

congratz on the engagement mate :D

STL
18th February 2009, 12:12 AM
Looks like I wont be able to go till the afternoon. :(

Don't worry. I've got you covered. ;) I won't probably get to the shops till Saturday but I have confidence they'll still be around. Jaydisc should be able to cover you. He passes by K-Mart for coffee each morning.

Defcon
18th February 2009, 11:23 AM
Dont know about buying cheap movie voyagers. $20 is a good price. I'm gonna save my money and wait and see what the new movie line has to off. They will probably be tons of repaints in the future for these molds. Something better may come along. Of course they wont be at this low price.

SilverDragon
18th February 2009, 12:17 PM
Just movie Voyagers in the latest catalogue.

Might see if there's any other All-Spark repaints worth getting.

If you don't already have Barricade, the AllSpark repaint is pretty good-in my opinion, it's one of only two deluxe repaints (Jazz being the other) where the blue doesn't clash horribly with the existing colours.

Also, it comes in a cylinder, which makes displaying it in the box very easy.

GoktimusPrime
18th February 2009, 03:00 PM
I'd get a Deep Space Starscream for $20 but I severely doubt I'd find one now. :(

iceburn
18th February 2009, 03:11 PM
hmm i'm still looking for Allspark (cylinder) Jazz and Bumblebee if anyone can find it locally - Melb. thanks

blackie
18th February 2009, 03:58 PM
hmm i'm still looking for Allspark (cylinder) Jazz and Bumblebee if anyone can find it locally - Melb. thanks

im going to get sifun an incererator tmoz hopefully, so ill keep an eye out for you. can you post a pic of what you want so i know what im looking for tho, cause i dont do movie toys :P

dirge
18th February 2009, 04:36 PM

I'm planning to offload my Evac... It's opened but all I did is review it and put it aside. I'll be sending something down to Mexico soon (to the member formerly known as TheDirtyDigger) and can piggyback Evac if you'd like. LMK if you're interested :)

iceburn
18th February 2009, 04:41 PM
im going to get sifun an incererator tmoz hopefully, so ill keep an eye out for you. can you post a pic of what you want so i know what im looking for tho, cause i dont do movie toys :P

**** W A N T E D ****

http://images.icebu12n.multiply.com/image/1/photos/61/500x500/77/Allspark-Partners.JPG?et=bcHV%2Bj8umAlKqsrOCsrSHw&nmid=112402033

Defcon
18th February 2009, 05:47 PM
I'd get a Deep Space Starscream for $20 but I severely doubt I'd find one now. :(

TRU has them on sale $39.99, its in their new catalogue. Yeah not as cheap as $20 though.

Zippo
18th February 2009, 07:13 PM
The New Zealand version of the sale is Animated Deluxes for $20 with Voyager Megatron pictured. Oh the fun that could be had with that ... if Kmart stocked anything ever.

roller
18th February 2009, 07:17 PM
If anyone in WA sees the helicopter hands man for $20ish please pm me

thanks

Golden Phoenix
18th February 2009, 08:28 PM

They arn't in the wave. I think only the normally boxed ones count as well.
You could probably agrue for it, but different box will mean different product in their minds.
Also probably won't find one in Kmart anyway

blackie
18th February 2009, 09:30 PM
ok iceman ill look out for them on my hunt tomorrow.
maybe ill find some nice universe figs too.... well heres for hopeing

iceburn
19th February 2009, 12:24 AM
nothing at Kmart Burwood East tonight (Wed)
Found 2 Movie Voyagers - Incinerator and EVAC. I grab only Incinerator as my spare.

Found 1 x Universe Acid Storm, heaps of Animated previous waves deluxes
Found lots of old Bructicus, Superion, Animated leaders and Universe Ultras...

kay-al
19th February 2009, 11:03 AM
Likewise with Kmart Brunswick - they only have one each of the movie voyager (evac, offroad ironhide, first strike optimus prime, incinerator). I grabbed FS optimus prime and incinerator :)

Paulbot
19th February 2009, 12:24 PM
Anything else TF-related on sale that's not in the catalogue?

iceburn
19th February 2009, 01:39 PM
Anything else TF-related on sale that's not in the catalogue?

Nope..just Movie Voyagers.... The SE Universe Deluxes are at $37.95

swoop
19th February 2009, 02:06 PM
went to kmart in plenty valley today, not a single movie voyager left. There was a big empty space where they were, someone cleaned them out before I got there

GoktimusPrime
19th February 2009, 03:00 PM
TRU has them on sale $39.99, its in their new catalogue. Yeah not as cheap as $20 though.
I already have the regular Voyager Movie Starscream so I wouldn't want to pay full price for a repaint, even if it's nicer than the original. At $20 I'd get it, but any much more than that isn't worth it to me.

They arn't in the wave. I think only the normally boxed ones count as well.
You could probably agrue for it, but different box will mean different product in their minds.
I thought the sale was for "Movie Voyager" - if so, then Deep Space Starscream ought to count. It will depend on the wording of the sale.

Also probably won't find one in Kmart anyway
Yeah, I highly doubt it. I haven't seen a Deep Space Starscream anywhere this year. But the wife wants to go Thur night shopping anyway, so while I'm out I might as well have a look at Kmart. ;)

Gutsman Heavy
19th February 2009, 03:25 PM
isn't DS Starscream a TRU exclusive? or did you intend to price match?

i_amtrunks
19th February 2009, 03:32 PM
Yeah, I highly doubt it. I haven't seen a Deep Space Starscream anywhere this year. But the wife wants to go Thur night shopping anyway, so while I'm out I might as well have a look at Kmart. ;)

I thought that Deep Space Starscream was a TRU Exclusive?

The_Damned
19th February 2009, 08:12 PM
I thought that Deep Space Starscream was a TRU Exclusive?

you be right deep space starscream was and still is an toy r us exclusive as this being a kmart sale i dont think one will be found there.

Lord_Zed
20th February 2009, 12:13 AM
Far as I can see its just hasbro's old stock of Nightynight Ironhide, Classic repaint Movie prime, Evac and Incinerator.

I just bought Incinerator seeing as how I like his alt mode, and the other 3 are repaints of toys i already have.

Although Evac was a little tempting, but i'm sure Hasbro will be milking that mould for a while.

i_amtrunks
20th February 2009, 08:59 AM
TRU is advertising Deep Space Starscream for $40. He's not really worth it.

GoktimusPrime
20th February 2009, 10:07 AM
An emergency came up last night so I only got to check out one Kmart... they only had Evac, so I passed. I just got a TF Animated Study Kit to make my trip worthwhile (it's a tax deduction for me anyway :p).

Paulbot
20th February 2009, 10:10 AM
One K-Mart I went to had none left. So I checked out another that I knew had at least three of each on Sunday, and all they had left were three Incinerators. I found it funny that the one figure that wasn't available before would be the shelfwarmer!

I bought one but actually am not sure I really need it so it might be up for sale before I go overseas.

GoktimusPrime
20th February 2009, 03:50 PM
I found it funny that the one figure that wasn't available before would be the shelfwarmer!
My guess would be that most kids may have limited interest as the character wasn't in the movie (and at a Voyager price point it would be harder for kids to convince their parents to buy it) and I suppose a lot of collectors would have already imported one (either a Hasbro or Takara version; especially considering that the Aussie Dollar was still going pretty well when this toy came out overseas).

SilverDragon
20th February 2009, 06:00 PM
I checked KMart Broadway. I saw Incinerator and Offroad Ironhide, but there may have been others hidden behind them.

I only really wanted Incinerator, but I got Ironhide too because I would not have another opportunity to get voyagers this cheap for years. Also, while the Revenge of the Fallen toy has more movie-accurate colours, I prefer the cannon placement of the original to the RotF remold.

Incinerator has displaced Wreckage as my favourite movie toy. Ironhide is pretty cool, but his transformation is complex to the point of extreme difficulty.

Geminii
22nd February 2009, 05:48 PM
This sounded so cool, until I realised that the only two Movie Voyagers I was actually interested in, I already had.

Incinerator has a nice altmode, but his robot mode has too much kibble for me. I wonder how hard it would have been to put two hinges in each copter blade so that it could double-fold back along his forearm, leaving the tip sticking out from his wrist to form a claw-finger? Or even just slide the rotor hubs around to the back of his forearms and swing a normal fist out?

And how about a hinge in the tail to allow it to fold up along his back?

OK, it would probably kill the radar-dish-rotor-spinning play action, unless the 'basher was REALLY good. Wouldn't worry me too much, though.

Hmm, the rest of the robot's pretty snazzy, though. I like the split-cockpit vest arrangement, the proportions are good, and he doesn't appear to be lacking for articulation.

If only my kitbashing skills were better. :/ I'd need some scrap plastic, paint, some thin metal joint pins, and either a super-thin cutting disk, a super-thin saw blade, or a hair-thin hot wire cutter. And probably a padded vice, or something...

Sky Shadow
23rd February 2009, 06:15 PM

Headmaster Highbrow? Action Master Elite Turbo Master?

SilverDragon
23rd February 2009, 08:20 PM

*spoilers for RotF*

Well, Springer's in RotF, judging by the toy pics, so you may not need to bother kitbashing Incinerator into him.

As Sky Shadow said, maybe Highbrow? Or, going waaaaaaaaaaay out of left field, Tarantulas, since the head looks quite a bit like Tarantulas' (well, I think it does, anyway).

iceburn
23rd February 2009, 09:08 PM
can anyone keep a lookout and get another Incinerator in Melbourne for me (on behalf of lhec plz) thank you...

FFN
24th February 2009, 09:44 AM
I haven't seen Incinerator yet :( In fact at my local Kmart there were staff looking for them and asking me if I was looking for the same thing.

Kyle
24th February 2009, 02:54 PM
In fact at my local Kmart there were staff looking for them and asking me if I was looking for the same thing.

Funny. :p

roller
24th February 2009, 10:16 PM
im still looking for one of the helicopter man in Wa

please lemme know if anyone spots one

Paulbot
24th February 2009, 10:27 PM
can anyone keep a lookout and get another Incinerator in Melbourne for me (on behalf of lhec plz) thank you...

Sending you a PM about this