PDA

View Full Version : RPMs official verdict

Autocon
17th February 2009, 11:57 PM
okay i will try again

for those that dont know Robot Powered Machines is a matchbox/hot wheels sized line of cars. it will come with a track to put them on similar to hot wheels tracks

im undecided at this point

HERE IS THE POLL

Gutsman Heavy
18th February 2009, 02:05 AM
pff, no thanks

i_amtrunks
18th February 2009, 09:44 AM
haha, no.

But it's a good move by Hasbro to muscle in on Mattel's market.

liegeprime
18th February 2009, 09:47 AM
Meh, weve already got matchbox sized Tfs before in RiD. and those transform, these dont , don't they? anyways, meh for me.

FFN
18th February 2009, 10:09 AM
I think they look neat, so I'll be getting them, including the radio control Prime.

As for Hasbro going after Mattel by muscling in on Hot Wheels:
GO FOR THEIR JUGULAR WHILE THEY'RE WEAK HASBRO!

GoktimusPrime
18th February 2009, 11:44 AM
This wouldn't be the first time Transformers has tried to muscle in on Hot Wheels. The G2 Gobots were the first (which others have noted were repainted for the CR/RiD Spychangers). I have Hot Wheels launchers in my TF room that I keep for the sole purpose of launching my Spychangers. :)

The Gobot/Spychanger design had a drawback in terms of limited engineering for the transformation and robot mode because of course they needed to have free-spinning axles (as their entire gimmick works on the conservation of momentum (http://www.glenbrook.k12.il.us/gbssci/Phys/Class/momentum/u4l2b.html)). If Hasbro are able to improve on the engineering of the old Gobot/Spychanger design and some still maintain the free-rolling gimmick then I would definitely want to collect them. So I'm voting yes based on that assumption. :)

Autocon
18th February 2009, 07:36 PM
Meh, weve already got matchbox sized Tfs before in RiD. and those transform, these dont , don't they? anyways, meh for me.

:eek:! yes indeed they could have made these to trasnform shameful hasbro shameful

i was going to buy these but since this post i will not

STL
18th February 2009, 11:21 PM
I'm weak but not that weak. :)

The_Damned
20th February 2009, 04:44 AM
i might buy some have to wait to see them in the shop and their pricing point

Lint
20th February 2009, 08:41 AM
I probably wont collect them because they're movie but I actually like them as a concept.

GoktimusPrime
20th February 2009, 08:44 AM
Wait... they don't transform?!? (O_o)

I only voted yes under the proviso that they would be like some new generation of Gobots/Spychangers... but if not then I would change my vote to no.

I might by one of them; I do have 3 TF Majorette cars after all - but I include them in my TF count; they're just merchandise IMO.

i_amtrunks
20th February 2009, 08:50 AM
If they transformed (Go-bot/Spychanger style) I'd possibly grab Sideswipe and Bumblebee at the least, but since they dont, and will probably be closer to a "Cars" price, rather than a Hot Wheels price per car, I won't even look for them.