PDA

View Full Version : BotCon 2009 brochure is now online!

iceburn
21st February 2009, 10:17 AM
Received the email from OTFC today

The BotCon 2009 brochure is now online! Go to BotCon.com (http://botcon.com/).
Registration forms will be loaded sometime next week between Tuesday-Friday.
Please ask all your questions so that we can post them to FAQ. Please read the FAQ before you fax in your registration form.
This will ensure that your paperwork is correct. Any incorrect or incomplete paperwork will be put on the bottom of the stack and will be worked when all of the correct registrations are complete.
This is going to be a fabulous event!
I won't start answering questions until Sunday.
Thanks for your patience and support!
Brian

Seems like the theme will be Animated:

Now lads, let’s finish what we were workin’ on here and I will tell you how four reconbots became the Autobots’ first Elite Guard and how I lived to tell you the tale!”

The boxset will consist of

The Primus Package ($295 for club members or $360 for non-members)
consists of the following and will be received at your assigned
registration pick-up time:

• Wings of Honor Convention Set: A five-figure boxed set which includes Kup, Thunderclash, Landshark, Flak, and Scourge, all presented in an illustrated display box. Also included with the set is a certificate of authenticity, tech specs and figure weapons.

• Convention name badge and convention pin.

• Convention program with comic.

• Admittance to the sales room including the Private Sales Room
Experience on Friday and Early Bird privileges on Saturday.

• Admittance to all convention panels/seminars (tours and Paramount
Party additional). Does not include any Saturday night activities.

• BONUS FIGURE: Primus Package attendees will receive an extra
surprise convention piece not available with the non-attending package.

This extra piece will not be sold and is our gift to you for making the trip.
(You must pick up your convention package in person.*)

blackie
21st February 2009, 10:22 AM
well that just saved me some money :D
no way im getting the figures if theyre animated ones..

STL
21st February 2009, 10:48 AM
??? Where are the Wreckers???

Major downer if what we're talking about is Classics Kup and Classics Scourge. I want new molds for those boys. Not old ones with new heads. :(

Lots of questions too.
- And how do we know its animated?
- And who the heck is Landshark? I
- Is there a significance to that "team" above? Some OTFCfiction based toys?

Adzma
21st February 2009, 10:59 AM
At this stage of my life I'd never be able to fund going to BotCon anyway, but if it's Animated themed... yech.

Demonac
21st February 2009, 11:09 AM
Is there anyone here interested in the boxset + all other figures (including the attendee figure)?
I'm able to register 3 times (1 is mine, 1 is on hold).
There is a catch...
I will need the registration money before I can register.

Stompy
21st February 2009, 12:15 PM
I think when blackie read that they were the first Elite Guard team, he assumed it's Animated, since they were featured heavily. I doubt it will be Animated figures. If it is Animated repaints, count me in for a set.

Sky Shadow
21st February 2009, 12:18 PM
Received the email from OTFC today

Seems like the theme will be Animated

Absolute awesomesauce. On an awesomeburger. With a side of awesomefries. :D

Sky Shadow
21st February 2009, 12:22 PM
And who the heck is Landshark?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhOc0fVJyGI :)

And does anyone other than me think this video clip is narrated by Optimus Prime?

fatbot
21st February 2009, 12:49 PM
Is there anyone here interested in the boxset + all other figures (including the attendee figure)?
There is a catch...

ME ME ME ME ME! pm sent

Gutsman Heavy
21st February 2009, 02:17 PM
There is a catch...

I may be interested in that

lcz128
21st February 2009, 03:24 PM
If they're classics figures - then hell - I'd love to get one of all - but I... don't have a credit card :(

aaandd.... are we starting to speculate on the moulds they would use?

Have a few ideas... but unsure if this is the right section :D

iceburn
21st February 2009, 05:17 PM
Seems like the theme will be Animated:

my bad guys..it might not even be repaints of Animated toys.
i had a quick look before i left house in the morning for house hunting and thought it's animated because of the logo

at a closer look now and discussion with jay, the Autobot insignia seems Universe so let's wait and see

blackie
21st February 2009, 05:57 PM
damm, now im going to have to get them if theyre not animated :S
and i was going to stop buying for a while.......

since this is my first botcon as a collector, do we get to see some of the figs before ordering, or do we order knowing the characters and just hope we like them?

Paulbot
21st February 2009, 06:51 PM
My two cents:

Elite Guard is an Animated term
Autobots and Decepticons never lived alongside each other in G1 without the war.
Animated Ultra Magnus would make a good Thunderclash
Animated Deluxe Cybertron-mode Optimus Prime would make a good Kup
Animated Lockdown has a vehicle mode that could be a Landshark
Animated Deluxe or Voyager Megatron turns into wedge like flying vehicle that could be made into a Scourge

For me, Flak's the only one a clear Animated toy doesn't spring to mind.

jaydisc
21st February 2009, 08:01 PM
I (very disappointingly) don't think it's Animated. From what I've heard from a few sources, Botcon can't use CURRENT lines/figures.

Also, Brian's post Jan 6th:

OK, while we are working on finalizing the convention details, brochure and registration forms, we wanted to start the speculation game:

"For one young Autobot..." is all we have revealed so far. While we tend to guard the convention sets and souvenirs closely, I want to let you know that we are very excited about what we have waiting in the wings!

The set we have planned features a team of select Autobots never before featured in G1 in this way. The timeline we are spotlighting is new, yet very familiar...

Let the games begin!

So I think it's definitely G1/Classics/Universe Elite Guard, thus.... not Animated :(

I think we're going to get YET ANOTHER Cybertron Defence Scattorshot in Flak, Energon Mirage/Dreadwing would make a cool Scourge, and I got nuthin' for the rest.

Sky Shadow
21st February 2009, 08:03 PM
For me, Flak's the only one a clear Animated toy doesn't spring to mind.

Blitzwing in tank mode. (Shockwave in tank mode would also work, as would Leader Bulkhead, but he'd be too big and expensive for the set.)

Kyle
22nd February 2009, 10:41 AM
I wouldn't mind a Universe/Classic Scourge, now that we already have Universe/Henkei Galvatron and Cyclonus. :p

Kup is win-win either way as Animated or Universe!

GoktimusPrime
22nd February 2009, 06:15 PM
I wouldn't mind a Universe/Classic Scourge, now that we already have Universe/Henkei Galvatron and Cyclonus.
As a Transfan I agree but I wouldn't blame HasTak for not doing it. When I first saw Scourge in 1986 I thought his alt mode was meant to be a boat. It was only later that I found out that it's meant to be - a flying boat. ;) :p :D

Not this cool (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uETP3sNn9n8) but d:

griffin
22nd February 2009, 09:15 PM
If they replaced the diecast with plastic in the Titanium Scourge, I think it would make a great Universe toy to go with Galvatron and Cyclonus. Pic attached...

Kyle
22nd February 2009, 09:46 PM
If they replaced the diecast with plastic in the Titanium Scourge, I think it would make a great Universe toy to go with Galvatron and Cyclonus. Pic attached...

They look great together!

STL
22nd February 2009, 10:57 PM
Whoa, Galvy and Cyclonus look iffy next to each other there but great in other pics. I can't wait to get my ones and see for myself. Damn lcz!

Gutsman Heavy
24th February 2009, 03:32 PM
Skyquake! (http://andrewwildman.blogspot.com/2009/02/transformers.html)