PDA

View Full Version : Necca Turtles at target??

Lord_Zed
21st February 2009, 08:27 PM
While at a local Target store today, I found a Necca TMN Turtle in the tube style packaging, only one mind you and his packaging was bit dented. Even though I'm not a big fan of TMNT toys I bought it and it's pretty damn cool. But I can't help but ponder what he was doing at Target? It seems odd for Target to sell collectors figures, although I supose they did sell MP Prime. Anyone have any info?

d*r*j*
21st February 2009, 08:40 PM
are necca turtles the ones that all have a red mask? is so I have seen them at target before... might have been before christmas. nearly purchased one, but it was pretty crap looking.

Golden Phoenix
22nd February 2009, 12:16 AM
They have had them for a while.
The only difference between the normally packed turtles and these round tube style ones are that the normal packed ones come with bases that all join together. The round ones do not.

Lord_Zed
22nd February 2009, 12:50 AM
Thanks Golden Phoenix, the one i got must have been the last one left.

d*r*j*: yep those are the ones, like the original Turtles from the comic. The one I got was pretty cool, though not to everyones taste, it's the first time I've bought a Turtles figure and not had buyers remorse.

My Ninja Turtle Collection count has once agains risen to the heady heights it was a few years back when they released the new Turtle toon, that number being 1. :D

Golden Phoenix
22nd February 2009, 12:59 AM
Thanks Golden Phoenix, the one i got must have been the last one left

Stock varies place to place. I know some targets near me have plenty of them.
If you were willing to drop $80 you could grab all 4 turtles.
Only reason I wouldn't is because they don't come with the base. With the base you can set them up the same way they appear in their first appearance, which I thought looked cool

Robzy
22nd February 2009, 02:50 AM
Yeah, Target has them... at least, some Targets have them. But not all of them! My local Target only has Leo and Don! Whereas another Target I frequent only has Leo and Mike! I'm yet to see Raph at a Target tho...

nearly purchased one, but it was pretty crap looking.Don't be fooled - these figures are EXTREMELY comic accurate, not to mention very poseable! :) They are very highly regarded and (IMO) were probably the best (or equal best - along with the Millenium Falcoln) figures released in 2008! :)

Stock varies place to place. I know some targets near me have plenty of them.If you (or anyone else for that matter) happen to see Raphael - I'd be more than happy to pay for it and postage if you could buy him for me! It's the only one I don't have...

d*r*j*
22nd February 2009, 09:19 AM
d*r*j*: yep those are the ones, like the original Turtles from the comic. The one I got was pretty cool, though not to everyones taste, it's the first time I've bought a Turtles figure and not had buyers remorse.

I did get a couple of the 2 packs which are quite nice. I guess that turtles was a cartoon only thing for me, I have a couple of the old toys that I am assuming are vintinge... back then I thought they were just market knock-offs. haha.

Gutsman Heavy
22nd February 2009, 02:12 PM
If you (or anyone else for that matter) happen to see Raphael - I'd be more than happy to pay for it and postage if you could buy him for me! It's the only one I don't have...

I'll have a look next time I'm out at TTP

Robzy
22nd February 2009, 10:25 PM
I'll have a look next time I'm out at TTPYou da man!

i_amtrunks
23rd February 2009, 10:34 AM
Only a few targets seemed to have them, and they have had them since Early December last year.

Blacktown and Penrith didn't have them, yet Mt Druitt had 3 of each Turtle, for I think it was $30 a pop.

Last time I went in, all the Raphs had gone, and all the others had been trashed. Good ol' Mt Druitt. :rolleyes:

Lord_Zed
23rd February 2009, 01:33 PM
Bizarely the one figure I got was Rapahel, but he was all alone with a slightly torn package. I might go check out some other Targets to see if they have any Turtles. If I see any more Raphael's I'll let you know Robzy.

Robzy
23rd February 2009, 08:52 PM
If I see any more Raphael's I'll let you know Robzy.Awesome... cheers! :)

Gutsman Heavy
6th March 2009, 01:50 AM
got a Raph, check you PMs Robzy

Robzy
6th March 2009, 12:23 PM
got a Raph, check you PMs RobzyCheers

Robzy
23rd March 2009, 12:12 AM
Thanks again Gutsman and Dirty Digger! (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=89283&postcount=997)

:)