PDA

View Full Version : Botcon Registration is up.

STL
1st February 2008, 09:54 AM
http://www.botcon.com/08registration.cfm

Griffin, you better get in ASAP to get those tours!

I've decided I'm going to order one. At the very least, I can sell it off if it's that bad. But I'm not going to be able to pay for at least a week... gonna have to cut back eBay buying drastically! This is gonna bite.

Also, non-attending Iacon packages can also order a spare loose set for $189USD... so if anyone wants to tag along, find someone who is getting the Iacon set.

TheDirtyDigger
1st February 2008, 10:39 AM
I'd like to pay someone to grab a set for me.

Any takers?

STL
1st February 2008, 11:10 AM
I'd like to pay someone to grab a set for me.

Any takers?

Loose set?

TheDirtyDigger
1st February 2008, 11:13 AM
Sorry mate....can you explain options and prices and contents to me?

STL
1st February 2008, 11:21 AM
Only if you give me your custom Thundercracker! Oh wait, I've already got that. :p

Two packages basically:
1.) Attending
If you're going well... that's the cost of the Primus package as well as any extra tours you may want. The cost for the BOXED set is $285. An additional $189 for the 5 figures in the boxset but they're loose (IE. no box.)

2.) Non-attending
Iacon package: two payment options.
a.) if you're a TFCC member, the boxed set is $285 + $40 shipping but no extras of entering con and such. Non-attending Members have the option of buying an extra loose set at $189.
b.) non-member: $335 plus $40 shipping.

To become a member, it'll cost $89. I'm joining with this application too b/c I'm going to be buying several of the club exclusives later on this year as well as the previous free ones.

Saintly
1st February 2008, 11:37 AM
Faxed off my registration for 2 primus package about 40minutes ago :)

also got the loose set... but not sure if i'm selling that yet (depends if i like it)

iceburn
1st February 2008, 01:23 PM
Didn't want to confirm for DD unless I've managed to get through
Was just able to fax in my order about lunchtime after all hopes have gone away with about 15-20 attempts on the fax machine

I've ordered the Iacon Package as well as a loose set. If the order does come through...its for anyone's claim but payment can be decided later

[edit] is anyone going and will be able to sell be the attendee bonus figures??? thanks

Paulbot
1st February 2008, 01:35 PM
Ah good so it wasn't just me that kept getting the busy signal on the fax machine. I've not got it go through yet and am going to keep trying.

iceburn
1st February 2008, 01:37 PM
Ah good so it wasn't just me that kept getting the busy signal on the fax machine. I've not got it go through yet and am going to keep trying.

yeah..originally i thought they have provided the wrong number.
but with faxes and lines busy...its a hassle. wish the fax machine was just next to me instead of the common printer room.

was also away from my work desk for about 2hrs

Saintly
1st February 2008, 02:00 PM
persistence is the key as patience can run dry :D

jaydisc
1st February 2008, 02:07 PM
Woo hoo!

The 1 page fax you sent through eFax.com to 18174489843 was successfully transmitted at 2008-02-01 02:04:47 (GMT).

griffin
2nd February 2008, 02:59 AM
Shoulda known they would put up the registration form just before the weekend. Lucky I don't have work tomorrow, so I can go to the post office and fax it off.
I checked their website last night after work (their daytime), and it wasn't there yet. If I had imagined that they would put it up at such an odd American time, I would have checked again during daytime Friday. Probably a good thing though, as I'm not sure how reliable the post office would be with retrying for a lengthy period of time.

Just a bit worried about how soon they will process the payment, as I won't have enough on the Credit card until wednesday to cover it (I just paid for the airfares on thursday).
Last year I held off until I had the money and ended up missing the Hasbro tour, and they ended up taking a couple of weeks to charge the credit card anyway.
Knowing my luck, they'll try to charge my credit card straight away this time (before wednesday) and it will be declined.
I don't think the pre-con tours usually sell out, or fill up quickly, because they are middle of the week, and very few people spend the extra two days before BotCon due to the extra time and expense of it. Still, I'd like to get into both tours though, because I booked my travel to accomodate them - I couldn't wait any longer, as waiting for confirmation of getting onto the tours would mean missing out on the cheaper tickets.

jaydisc
2nd February 2008, 10:21 AM
I got an email moments ago acknowledging receipt of my fax:

This email confirms that we received your BotCon fax.

It does not confirm that you have been processed.

It does not confirm that your forms are error free (if there is a
problem, we will contact you).

It does not confirm that we have accepted your requests or have reserved
anything for you.

Hard copy confirmations will come in the mail starting at the end of February.

Class and tour confirmations will come via email when your request is
processed.

Again, this email is only to let you know we received your fax.

BotCon Staff

griffin
2nd February 2008, 12:16 PM
It's never easy... for me at least.
I guess if I had read the FAQ when it was up the other day, I'd probably have picked up on the hint that the forms would be up before February 1st, and prepared for it.
So there I am last night, trying to figure out how I can fax off the registration form without the risk of having it rejected if they charged my credit card before Wednesday (when I get paid). The only credit I had left after paying for my airfares was a GE creditline card (for interest free purchases), but it couldn't be used as a credit card for the registration form. Getting a cash advance was the easy bit (but would be expensive at 28% interest), I just had to get the money into my NAB account somehow, while the banks were closed. Then I remembered that the Post Office is an agent for NAB (and probably the other major banks), because some time back I got charged an 'branch teller' fee ($3) instead of an eftpos fee (25c) on my statement when I used my keycard to pay for posting something.
Okay, so the problem was almost solved... almost.
Since the GE card was one I have only used a couple of times ages ago for interest free furniture purchases, I didn't want to be tempted to use it, so I never activated the new card that was sent when the old one expired. So I rang up the number last night to activate it, and the automated system wasn't working. It told me to ring when an operator would be in. I hung up as it started listing times, expecting Monday to be the first chance I could get this done.
I went to sleep, planning to just fax off the form first thing this morning at the post office, and just hope that they didn't process it until Monday.
When I got up and filled out the registration form, I rang the number again, and got someone (yay), who activated the card for me (yay). :p
Heading off down to the post office, I then had to see if a deposit would go straight into the account, or take a day or two to process (since they were just an agent). I withdrew enough money to cover it, and deposited $50 first to check if the balance immediately reflected the deposit.
It did. (yay!) :)
So I deposited the rest of the amount, and faxed off the form (plus had to post something), but they were having a problem with the fax. :(
The number was coming back as invalid.
They tried again, and said to come back in a few minutes.
I went shopping, and came back to hear that it was still not going through. All that stuffing around was about to be wasted if their fax machine wasn't working.
The manager came and had a go, and a minute later, I got the confirmation that it was sent. (phew)
Now I just have to get confirmation from the BotCon people, and I might just calm down from my current panicked state.
I signed up for the two pre-con tours, the boxed set and the loose set. As long as there wasn't any errors on the form, I should get everything. Even though there are a lot less loose sets, I don't think they sold out as fast as the boxed sets last year. I could be wrong though.
Fingers crossed.
I now just have to cover accomodation costs (have 12 weeks to save up for that expense), and the rest of what I save up during that time is mine to spend on toys... :)

Tetsuwan Convoy
3rd February 2008, 01:46 AM
Wow, what a drama.

I managed to get mine through on the second time. Although I was faxing it at about 6pm west aussie daylight time. This time, I managed to fill the form out just fine as last time I forgot the postage (hey, it was so small). Now I wait. I hope I am in the first 200!!:D:D:D

Soundwarp
3rd February 2008, 08:51 PM
I now just have to cover accomodation costs (have 12 weeks to save up for that expense), and the rest of what I save up during that time is mine to spend on toys... FOR SOUNDWARP:)

Gee your nice Griff!

griffin
3rd February 2008, 09:31 PM
Got an email from MC to say that they received my fax (yay). Now just gotta hope I didn't stuff up on it somewhere and get put at the bottom of the pile.

Paulbot
3rd February 2008, 09:36 PM
I don't like the tone of their customer communications: "if you make a mistake that we have to spend time fixing then too bad you'll suffer for it".

Tetsuwan Convoy
3rd February 2008, 09:38 PM
Yeh, they don't like making them easy to read and write on much do they? Last year I forgot to add the postage. Not this year!! I notice the price for the figure set has gone up by $6 too.

Saintly
3rd February 2008, 10:59 PM
just glad that you got through, Griffin... don't want to be a lonely first-timer at botcon :)

reillyd
16th February 2008, 04:57 PM
Botcon non-attending is now closed, in stark contrast to the criticism of what IMHO is going to be one of the coolest sets ever. Has anyone who ordered received a confirmation email, beyond the following

"
This email confirms that we received your BotCon fax.

It does not confirm that you have been processed.

It does not confirm that your forms are error free (if there is a
problem, we will contact you).

It does not confirm that we have accepted your requests or have reserved
anything for you.

Hard copy confirmations will come in the mail starting at the end of
February.

Class and tour confirmations will come via email when your request is
processed.

Again, this email is only to let you know we received your fax.

BotCon Staff

"

I'm getting just a little panicky now, that they didn't process my order in time or that I'm near the end of the queue.

Tiby
16th February 2008, 05:12 PM
I got my credit card hit so I think I am safe.

Tetsuwan Convoy
16th February 2008, 05:21 PM
Has anyone who ordered received a confirmation email, beyond the following
Nope. Not me.

I haven't received any confirmation (like an email receipt for the transaction) but a quick check of the old bank account reveals a large withdrawal of monies from Fun Publications which means they had better of reserved my stuff.

I'm getting just a little panicky now, that they didn't process my order in time or that I'm near the end of the queue.

I think the cut off would be for new arrivals. Since you are in the queue (even if it is the bottom) theoretically, I think that one could assume you are safe.

When did you fax the form?
Last year, I forgot to put the postage on my order. They emailed me later and asked for permission to charge me the extra. If you haven't heard from them, I think everything should be good. Just check your account every now and then to see if they have taken the cash yet.

reillyd
17th February 2008, 08:35 PM
Thanks guys for the reassurance. I just checked my credit card, and saw a bill for 595, so should be sweet.