PDA

View Full Version : Hey from Shokwave2

shokwave2
23rd February 2009, 03:25 PM
Hey guys. I'm a long time TF fan. I'm 30, married with 2 daughters, and grew up with G1. I used to own heaps of the G1 toys when i was younger but my mum gave them away after i moved out of home.

My kids have recently gotten into TF Animated, and so have i, so now i have a fresh collection. I also collect Diamond Select G1 busts and a Shockwave focus. Still have a few figs of him to find as well. Also i'm hoping to collect the ROTF line when they release.

Cheers.

SGB
24th February 2009, 12:28 PM
Welcome a-board. ;)

Robzy
24th February 2009, 12:51 PM
Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong! :)

1AZRAEL1
24th February 2009, 12:51 PM
Another person from the ol Illawarra.
Welcome to the board.

The_Damned
24th February 2009, 01:00 PM
hey and welcome

i_amtrunks
24th February 2009, 01:11 PM
Welcome!

So we have Sydney, Cronulla, Wollogong, Shellharbour, Ulladulla and Batemans based members... South Coast is doing well!

blackie
24th February 2009, 01:29 PM
welcome, enjoy your stay :D

dirge
24th February 2009, 02:30 PM
So we have Sydney, Cronulla, Wollogong, Shellharbour, Ulladulla and Batemans based members... South Coast is doing well!

Er... Cronulla is in Sydney, trunks, not on the South Coast. Just FYI.

Welcome (:

i_amtrunks
24th February 2009, 03:05 PM
Er... Cronulla is in Sydney, trunks, not on the South Coast. Just FYI.

Welcome (:

I know, but it's not in Sydney as such, so I'm counting it as a stop down the coast...like a join the dots. :p

dirge
24th February 2009, 03:23 PM
Remind me to never let you navigate. You wouldn't drive or train through Cronulla to get to the South Coast.

i_amtrunks
24th February 2009, 03:42 PM
Remind me to never let you navigate. You wouldn't drive or train through Cronulla to get to the South Coast.

remind me never to let you drive and we'll be sweet. :D

I wouldn't go anywhere near Cronulla even if you paid me. :p

GoktimusPrime
24th February 2009, 03:57 PM
Cos Blacktown is so much better. :p ;)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/wb3.jpg

Adzma
24th February 2009, 04:28 PM
Howdy.

loophole
24th February 2009, 05:27 PM
Welcome aboard!!

Tiby
24th February 2009, 05:42 PM
Welcome fellow Illawarrior!

Wheel-J
24th February 2009, 05:44 PM
Mabuhay! Welcome to Ozformers! :)

liegeprime
25th February 2009, 08:15 AM
Mabuhay and welcome to the forum, do post pics of your collection if you get the time please.

Just a recurring theme I see ... why do moms like to give away YOUR toys guys? Glad my mom didn't do that, she always conferred to me first which ones I wanted to (and that's IF I wanted to) get rid off. She knew that the toys were expensive to begin with, so she kept them in a box til I asked for it again, but never did she give a toy of mine or my elder brother's away without our approval.

1orion2many
25th February 2009, 10:33 AM
:)Welcome to the board:D.

Sam
25th February 2009, 10:44 PM
Welcome to the board!

shokwave2
26th February 2009, 01:54 PM
Here's a few pics of my small but fresh collection. As i said earlier, i've only just started collecting again and only collect Animated, Diamond Select busts and Shockwaves. Updated!

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b42/wet_wookiee/Animated.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b42/wet_wookiee/Shokwaves.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b42/wet_wookiee/G1Busts.jpg

rampagesss
26th February 2009, 02:54 PM
Wow i like the busts :)

STL
1st March 2009, 10:05 AM
:eek: I LOVE your levelled display! The busts are great too. I have a few as well but nowhere near as many as you. Very cool that you've got all 3 Seekers. How'd you get those if you don't mind me asking?

1AZRAEL1
1st March 2009, 12:30 PM
With the light reflection, it almost looks as if soundwave is firing haha.
Cool statues.

shokwave2
1st March 2009, 03:49 PM
Thanks everyone :)

Very cool that you've got all 3 Seekers. How'd you get those if you don't mind me asking?

Seekers? Those are just the standard Starscream, Thundercracker and Skywarp busts. I don't plan to buy the 3 seekers because i only collect characters i like, and plus they are just repaints. I'm still after a Jazz bust and will get a few more when the $AU gets better.

Also in my Shockwave collection, i have the Alternator in robot mode and the Binaltech in car mode. And i'm keeping an eye out for a cheapish Shockwave metallic hard hero bust.

griffin
1st March 2009, 06:00 PM
Before someone jumps in to quote the 'official' definition of 'seekers' (Starscream, Skywarp and Thundercracker were first called Seekers in a 1984 US catalogue, but fans later attached the term to any redeco/remould of the original Starscream toy) - who do you refer to as 'Seekers'?

shokwave2
1st March 2009, 06:29 PM
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/images/products/out/medium/DMC10723.jpg

Since we're talking busts, these 3 are known as the Seeker busts, as per Diamond Select (Thrust, Ramjet, Dirge). Whereas the "original seekers" are only known as their names (Starscream, etc, etc) in the bust world.

Starscream, Skywarp and Thundercracker were first called Seekers in a 1984 US catalogue, but fans later attached the term to any redeco/remould of the original Starscream toy)

I only follow G1 cartoons and never read the comics, catalogues, etc. So to me the Seekers are Thrust, Ramjet and Dirge. I don't believe Starscream and his brothers were ever called Seekers in the G1 TV show were they? But alot of you guys read comics and books so you would probably have more knowledge of the rest of TF law and refer to them as Seekers.

So, in regards to this question:

Very cool that you've got all 3 Seekers. How'd you get those if you don't mind me asking?

Starscream and Skywarp i got from BBTS, Thundercracker from Case Fresh ($55 at the moment).

STL
1st March 2009, 09:44 PM
I don't have that much TF knowledge like Sky Shadow, Goktimus or Paulbot and I'm like you. Most of my notions about TFs stem from G1. :) And one of those is that all of the first six Decepticon jets are all Seekers. I have no idea where I picked up the term to be honest but its just become that.

Are you keen on the Prowl bust? I'm very, very keen on it. That's the last of the lot I want. I'm thinking Elita-One too given that's the only representation of her even around ( and I'm not counting that lazy TFM repaint). I'm a Prowl fanatic so I can't wait to get him. The $AUD not friendly atm so probably gonna sit on it awhile.

Paulbot
2nd March 2009, 12:47 PM
They were just the "Decepticon Jets" (or planes) to me until I found the Internet :) I still call them that unless I'm talking to diehard fans.

shokwave2
2nd March 2009, 02:23 PM
Are you keen on the Prowl bust?

Yes, i'm also very keen. See i grew up on G1 cartoons and hence why i only collect G1 busts and only the main characters and characters i like. See i'll pick up Prowl, Smokescreen, maybe Bluestreak and Frenzy/Ravage. I won't get Arcee, Elita One, Soundblaster because they weren't in the cartoon enough for me and i'm not a fan of the characters.