PDA

View Full Version : TF2 Trailer in Cinemas.

Tetsuwan Convoy
25th February 2009, 07:43 AM
Don't know whether this should be in Movie section or local section, so feel free to move it if need be.

I went to work yesterday and some boxes were left for me and 3 of them contained 2min and 5 secs of film contining the new trailer.

Long story short, the trailer should start running at the movies very soon now!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k313/Wootnchoo/reven.jpg

Looks awesome on the screen and sounds great too!:D

Kyle
25th February 2009, 01:30 PM
We should have a TF2 Trailer + SFIV on a "big screen" meet. :p

bruticus
25th February 2009, 01:48 PM
I second that,
plus we should also organise a pre-screening event (more closer to the date)... :D

Robzy
25th February 2009, 09:04 PM
This is great news!

'Revenge' is not the only thing coming! ;) :o

SofaMan
25th February 2009, 09:33 PM
'Revenge' is not the only thing coming! ;) :o

You hound. ;)

GoktimusPrime
26th February 2009, 08:24 AM
I propose that we use this thread as a "trailer sightings" thread - i.e.: if you watch a movie and saw the TF2 trailer, then please let the rest of us know which movie it was! :)

GoktimusPrime
27th February 2009, 09:23 AM
I got dragged along to watch The Unborn last night. No TF2 trailer. :(

swoop
27th February 2009, 06:37 PM
I got dragged along to that to, the most I was hopeing for from going to see that was to see the rotf trailer on the big screen but no trailer and by the time the movie was over I was double dissapointed:(

Autocon
6th March 2009, 12:19 AM
has anyone actually seen the trailer on the big screen?

GoktimusPrime
6th March 2009, 09:39 AM
has anyone actually seen the trailer on the big screen?

Looks awesome on the screen and sounds great too! :D

(;-_-)

griffin
6th March 2009, 02:09 PM
Yeah, but TC works in a theatre, so he could either know what movie it is paired with and 'sneak in', or be able to 'test screen' and see it for himself from the projection booth.
Autocon would be more interested in the rest of us seeing it on the off-chance of it being paired with a movie we have gone out to see.

Autocon
6th March 2009, 07:51 PM
exaclty what griffin siad:p

maybe TC can tell us when its paired up with a movie

Tetsuwan Convoy
7th March 2009, 08:22 PM
He could, but it differs depending on location.

Tetsuwan Convoy
11th March 2009, 02:02 AM
I have good news and I have bad news.

The good news is that the trailer is attached to a movie, which increases the chances of it being shown with that movie greatly.:)

The bad news is that if you're under 18, then you can't go.:(

The other bad news is that its attached to "Friday the 13th.":(:(

It is Cinemascope though, so it will be nice and big.:D

I guess that is neutral news really. 2 good 2 bad.:D

Paulbot
11th March 2009, 02:47 PM
The bad news is that if you're under 18, then you can't go.:(

The other bad news is that its attached to "Friday the 13th.":(:(

So a reprise of a film franchise from the 80s gets a trailer for a film based on an 80s franchise.

Fair enough.

:p

GoktimusPrime
11th March 2009, 06:00 PM
The bad news is that if you're under 18, then you can't go.
"Ha ha!" - Nelson Muntz (The Simpsons)

The other bad news is that its attached to "Friday the 13th."
You could just buy a ticket for that movie on tight-bum Tuesday, watch the trailer and walk out. That's what Star Wars fans did when the Episode 1 trailer was attached to "Meet Joe Black" -- apparently that movie made impressive ticket sales in its opening week, but a lot of people weren't actually watching it; they just bought tickets to see the Star Wars trailer and didn't hang around to watch the film. The producers were pretty ticked off about it (the movie was ultimately deemed a failure (http://www.philipcoppens.com/meetjoeblack.html)).

But yeah - that would be an option. Buy a ticket for cheap - watch the trailer - walk out and do something better with your time. :p

kurdt_the_goat
11th March 2009, 06:41 PM
Hey Goktimus.. your quote about the voice actor says "Primus" in the live action movie..... did I miss something? Which scene?

GoktimusPrime
11th March 2009, 07:17 PM
Addressed here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=87419) :)

Robzy
12th March 2009, 12:07 AM
So a reprise of a film franchise from the 80s gets a trailer for a film based on an 80s franchise.

Fair enough.

:pThat and the fact both films have a Michael Bay connection.

GoktimusPrime
12th March 2009, 01:50 PM
The Unborn was produced by Michael Bay and there was no TF2 trailer there. :( :(

Tallestblue
19th March 2009, 06:53 PM
I did go and see Friday the 13th. I spent most of the time wondering why Sam never called Dean.....
It worries me when the best part of a movie is a Trailer for another movie. There's some neat stuff in there. Is it on youtube?

Tetsuwan Convoy
27th March 2009, 08:48 AM
I did go and see Friday the 13th. I spent most of the time wondering why Sam never called Dean.....
It worries me when the best part of a movie is a Trailer for another movie. There's some neat stuff in there. Is it on youtube?

I wondered that when I saw Dean in "My bloody Valentine":D;)
ANybody know if there is a lovely downlaodeable version somehwere? (Of the trailer, not bloody valentine.)

On a slightly related note, we got a teaser display for TF2 the other day. Its pretty simple, just a pic of the Teaser poster, but with Lighty and flickering eyes. Pretty cool.

Oh and this week the trailer is listed with other movies, so we should start seeing it more often on various flicks.:D

darockk
1st April 2009, 01:05 PM
i went and saw "The Uninvited" last night and witnessed the transformers 2 trailer.

GoktimusPrime
1st April 2009, 02:43 PM
Sweet! My wife wants to see that movie but I don't -- now I have a reason to endure another American butchering of an Asian horror movie! Woo! :D

darockk
1st April 2009, 02:55 PM
LOL, just walk out after the previews. They also show Fast and Furious trailer too.

i havent seen A Tale of 2 Sisters, but The Uninvited was a passable film.

Tetsuwan Convoy
5th April 2009, 11:53 PM
I saw it on SBS. Nice ending, but since I know how it ends, I have no reason to see the english version. Although I believ the main actress is an aussie and was in Lemony Snickets as well. Go Aussie!

GoktimusPrime
6th April 2009, 09:37 AM
Does anyone know if the trailer is shown before Monsters Vs Aliens? Cos I want to see that movie, and if it has the RotF trailer then I don't need to see The Uninvited!

Tetsuwan Convoy
6th April 2009, 09:42 AM
It shouldnt be, coz Transformers has an M exemption, meaning it can only be shown on movies rated m, ma or R. If it is on Monsters V Aliens, then the cinema you go to has made a big (and possibly expensive) boo boo

Bumbleb33
8th April 2009, 12:13 AM
Not before Alien V Monsters I went the other day.
Definitely before Uninvited which was imo pretty poor. But it was still fun when I had a totally scaredy cat who hid under her coat for most of the movie lol.:p

orionpax1
19th April 2009, 04:04 PM
Apparently there will be a new trailer shown with Wolverine.

GoktimusPrime
19th April 2009, 11:04 PM
So it will be shown with the Australian screening of Wolverine too? Cos griffin already made this thread (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=4050) about the TF2 trailer screening with Wolverine in the US.

I hope it will screen with Wolverine here too, that way I can get to see the trailer with a movie that I _want_ to see! But alas the movie can't come out soon enough... my wife and I already made plans to watch The Uninvited on Tuesday... I movie I don't really want to see (but she does), but I just wanna see the TF2 trailer. (-_-)

Perhaps people should be arranging TF2 trailer fan meets! :D Perhaps on Comic Free Day? That way we could do a simultaneous nation-wide thing. :)

Scattershot
20th April 2009, 06:10 PM
I saw the trailer with Fast and Furious Saturday night. Mint!

GoktimusPrime
21st April 2009, 11:01 PM
I saw The Uninvited at Greater Union tonight. No TF2 trailer. :(
The cinema staff told me that the trailers shown before certain movies differ between cinemas (e.g.: Greater Union, Reading etc.) and locations.

So I think it might be a better idea to use the existing state/territory-based sightings threads to post sightings for the trailer instead of this one, or also mention which cinema you saw the trailer in. I'm gonna do both if I ever see it.

What a waste of time. The movie is an adaptation of the Korean horror movie "A Tale of Two Sisters" which I've already seen - and quite frankly, the original was better! GAH! There were also lots of idiots talking to each other and using their mobile phones during the movie too.

<massively.deep.sigh>

Here's hoping that Wolverine has the bloody trailer. If not, at least it's a movie that I want to see. Nothing worse than watching a movie that I didn't even want to watch, but went to see it for the trailer, only to NOT see it.

So yeah - anyone thinking about watching this movie to see the trailer, don't bother to see it in a NSW Greater Union.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/jam_pain.jpg

mangis
21st April 2009, 11:05 PM
What a waste of time. The movie is an adaptation of the Korean horror movie "A Tale of Two Sisters" which I've already seen - and quite frankly, the original was better! GAH!

Aren't the Asian horror originals always ??? Someone should have told Hollywood - and Sarah Michelle Gellar - a long time ago.