PDA

View Full Version : The easy G1 cartoon only thread :)

Pages : 1 2 [3]

GoktimusPrime
4th December 2008, 09:52 AM
36h+ have elapsed with no correct answer - the answer was BIRD POO!! :p

Open floor. :)

roller
11th December 2008, 10:25 AM
who was the first named Owl in the G1 Cartoon?

roller
15th December 2008, 12:16 AM
it was Solomon

im picking up a disturbing trend in the games section

no one answers my q's and i use my p's as well

roller
19th December 2008, 09:42 AM
who saved Ultramagnus from falling into a black hole?

Darksaber
19th December 2008, 11:14 AM
cyclonus

Eruntalon
19th December 2008, 01:28 PM
Cyclonus or Sky Lynx?

roller
19th December 2008, 06:51 PM
Saber Dark got it first Erulnatron

Cyclonus was indeed the correct answer

or maybe it was Armada... :D

your turn Darksaber

Eruntalon
20th December 2008, 02:08 AM
Saber Dark got it first Erulnatron...

...Erulnatron? That's the coolest misspelling of my alias I've ever seen.

GoktimusPrime
22nd December 2008, 12:31 PM
36h+ have elapsed and Erulnatron hans't ahd hsi trun. ;)

Q: What is the name of the human character who pulls a "Michael Jackson" and changes back and forth from being white and black?

Visual clue:
http://obscuretf.com/jhiaxus/images/fleshlings/cartoon/thumbnails/ed2_001.jpghttp://obscuretf.com/jhiaxus/images/fleshlings/cartoon/thumbnails/ed2_002.jpghttp://obscuretf.com/jhiaxus/images/fleshlings/cartoon/thumbnails/ed2_003.jpghttp://obscuretf.com/jhiaxus/images/fleshlings/cartoon/thumbnails/ed2_004.jpg
Name this human

blackie
22nd December 2008, 12:34 PM
generic human 01?
that or John

turtle boy
22nd December 2008, 01:11 PM
it looks like spike

GoktimusPrime
22nd December 2008, 05:51 PM
generic human 01?
If it were a generic character, he'd be nameless. This character has a name but only appears in one TF medium (and very briefly), so he's considered to be obscure. He has to be nameless to be classified as generic though. :)

An example of a true generic character would be say, this Decepticon here from Transformers The Movie:
http://obscuretf.com/jhiaxus/images/generic/cartoon/themovie/coard_001.jpg
Who the hell is this guy?? Nobody knows (or probably cares) :p He's just seen running around panicking when Unicron is attacking Cybertron.

that or John
Not John, but like John it is a name commonly used in Anglophone communities. <--there's another hint. :)

it looks like spike
He does share Spike's impeccable fashion sense, but alas it is not Spike nor any of the Witwickies. :)

Paulbot
22nd December 2008, 08:24 PM
An example of a true generic character would be say, this Decepticon here from Transformers The Movie:
http://obscuretf.com/jhiaxus/images/generic/cartoon/themovie/coard_001.jpg
Who the hell is this guy?? Nobody knows (or probably cares) :p He's just seen running around panicking when Unicron is attacking Cybertron.

I think that's one of the Seacons (in his Timelines colour scheme) ;)

GoktimusPrime
24th December 2008, 10:28 AM
36 hours have elapsed with no correct answer submitted. The guy's name is Ed. ED!! He was a worker in "Transport To Oblivion." One of his co-workers thought that Soundwave belonged to Ed and asked him to turn the volume down - but as soon as Ed pointed out that it wasn't his, the radio player transformed into a giant effing robot!! Whether "Ed" is short for Edward or Edmond or perhaps it's his surname (Hello, I'm Mister Ed) is not known and will probably remain one of the great mysteries of Transformers... the mystery that is... Ed!

From black man to white man and back again!
Start> http://s90690880.onlinehome.us/jhiaxus/images/fleshlings/cartoon/thumbnails/ed2_001.jpg Step> http://s90690880.onlinehome.us/jhiaxus/images/fleshlings/cartoon/thumbnails/ed2_002.jpg Step> http://s90690880.onlinehome.us/jhiaxus/images/fleshlings/cartoon/thumbnails/ed2_003.jpg Finish> http://s90690880.onlinehome.us/jhiaxus/images/fleshlings/cartoon/thumbnails/ed2_004.jpg

Open floor - anyone's turn now. :)

turtle boy
24th December 2008, 10:32 AM
According to Starscream, what are the Combaticon's?

Eruntalon
25th December 2008, 03:26 AM
According to Starscream, what are the Combaticon's?

Starscream's Brigade? His secret weapon against the Decepticons?

turtle boy
25th December 2008, 08:57 AM
Nope. Good try though.:) Starscream's Brigade was the name of the ep.

Eruntalon
26th December 2008, 04:23 PM
A: Starscream's Army of Combaticons? (It's probably 36+ hours elapsed but I'm still trying...)

New Quiz (not really a question but more of a task), regardless of the answer to the last question:

Give an example of a transformer, who due to an animation error has been shown with the wrong factions insignia on their body. You must list the transformer as well as the episode they appeared in to correctly solve this quiz.

roller
26th December 2008, 04:58 PM
skylynx in Starscreams Ghost

GoktimusPrime
26th December 2008, 07:20 PM
Soundwave in More Than Meets The Eye.

turtle boy
26th December 2008, 07:53 PM
the answe to my q was. military morons

roller
27th December 2008, 08:28 PM
the answe to my q was. military morons

gah!!! I should have known, i like to use that saying alot to my enemies who blindly believe the military are some sort of super natural always correct force.

turtle boy
28th December 2008, 05:31 PM
gah!!! I should have known, i like to use that saying alot to my enemies who blindly believe the military are some sort of super natural always correct force.

Tisk Tisk roller:P

GoktimusPrime
28th December 2008, 06:32 PM
i like to use that saying alot to my enemies who blindly believe the military are some sort of super natural always correct force.
...yeah, you wish our military was some sort of super-natural force! :p

http://www.ringsgeek.net/images/Aragorn%20and%20the%20Army%20of%20the%20Dead.jpg

GoktimusPrime
2nd January 2009, 03:27 PM
roller appears to be caught up filling in his BW RPG character sheet to ask a new question on time...

Q: Which Transformer disappeared and was never seen again after being banished by his leader?

Sky Shadow
2nd January 2009, 04:42 PM
roller appears to be caught up filling in his BW RPG character sheet to ask a new question on time...

Q: Which Transformer disappeared and was never seen again after being banished by his leader?

Technically not Blitzwing (since he is seen again in Season Three - Galvatron seems to have forgiven him by the time of The Ultimate Weapon.) But I'm thinking that may the answer you're looking for. As a kid, Blitzwing was my favourite character in the cartoons - I loved that he had the ball bearings to stand up to Galvatron and defect in Five Faces Of Darkness. And it annoyed me that Octane seemed to randomly replace him as the rebel Decepticon who was friends with the Autobots (presumably just because he had a newer toy.)

GoktimusPrime
2nd January 2009, 05:27 PM
Hmmm... true. Blitzwing did also appear in The Headmasters which is in the same-yet-divergent continuity (:D). So I'll ask a new question...

Q: Blitzwing was once captured by which human?

roller
3rd January 2009, 08:52 PM
Captain Jonathan Archer?

GoktimusPrime
3rd January 2009, 10:54 PM
Jonathan Archer was born 106 years after Blitzwing was appeared in the US G1 cartoon. (-_-)

griffin
4th January 2009, 02:07 AM
(Beavis to Butthead) He said 'boobies', heh heh heh heh heh... :p

turtle boy
4th January 2009, 11:26 AM
lord chumly

GoktimusPrime
4th January 2009, 01:36 PM
It was indeed Lord Thomas Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Riddle Chumley. :) Your turn turtleboy.

turtle boy
9th January 2009, 09:34 PM
In an episode of season 2, you see bumble bee with something written on his number plate. stating he loves something. What is it?

loophole
9th January 2009, 11:19 PM
New York

dirge
10th January 2009, 06:40 PM
Spaghetti wrestling.

turtle boy
11th January 2009, 12:41 PM
Loop you got it:) your go. Dirge. May i say that was just as close, but.. loop go to it first ahhah

loophole
11th January 2009, 05:49 PM
Which planet did Cyclonus and Scourge find Galvatron on, after the events of TF:TM had occurred?

Omega Supreme
11th January 2009, 08:09 PM
Thrull ?

loophole
12th January 2009, 05:23 PM
Thrull ?

thats the one. the torch has been passed to you ;)

Omega Supreme
13th January 2009, 02:47 PM
From the episode: The Face of Nijika, what was the part the Quintessons needed from Perceptor ?

turtle boy
13th January 2009, 10:08 PM
A universal emulator, the quints wanted it to replace an isolator key.

GoktimusPrime
13th January 2009, 10:19 PM
...and also for playing the original 8-Bit Super Mario Bros. ;)

Omega Supreme
14th January 2009, 07:38 AM
A universal emulator, the quints wanted it to replace an isolator key.

Thats the one, goodjob Turtleboy, your turn.

And Goktimus lol.

turtle boy
14th January 2009, 09:25 PM
Thanks omega.. Hmm. In the TF Movie.. The scene where Prime hands the matrix over, take a good look what can you see wrong with his chest.

(Hint remove matrix)

GoktimusPrime
16th January 2009, 07:17 PM
It's missing Prime's Cosmotron which contradicts Season 1's "Divide And Conquer." His chest also opens differently from the way it does in both that episode and "The Ultimate Doom." The presence of the Matrix holder is also contradictory.

turtle boy
16th January 2009, 07:19 PM
They are all answers and all correct buy it wasn't what I thinking of:) take a turn if you want gok.

roller
16th January 2009, 11:14 PM
i dont know, maybe prime had an upgrade in the intervening 20 or so years :)

turtle boy
17th January 2009, 01:29 AM
Possible, but to what I am talking about. It's just an empty shell of the matrix. Without the effects of the blue meteoric core

GoktimusPrime
17th January 2009, 11:15 AM
Perhaps it's his Spark holder, as seen in Beast Wars. :D

Q: What is the name of the satellite deployed by Teletran-1 used to scan for alt modes?

turtle boy
17th January 2009, 11:58 AM
Sky spy?

GoktimusPrime
17th January 2009, 12:58 PM
You're right... but I think this game needs to have a rule about people who have just asked a question not double-dipping and answering the next person's question after them like on the other TF trivia thread (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=277).

After asking a question, a player is not permitted to answer the next preceding question posed by the winning player. This rule is to prevent the game just being bounced constantly between two players. It may be overruled if the winning player decides to pass on his/her turn ('open floor').

What do you think, Bartrim - should we introduce this rule for this game too?

Anyway, as far as I can tell under the existing rules of the game it would be turtle_boy's turn now.

turtle boy
17th January 2009, 01:50 PM
You're right... but I think this game needs to have a rule about people who have just asked a question not double-dipping and answering the next person's question after them.

I think that's fare:) Turn anyone?

roller
17th January 2009, 03:37 PM
wasn't the sky spy different to the thing used to scan for alt modes?

I think they look different

turtle boy
17th January 2009, 06:52 PM
same but different imo.. cause sky spy didn't come into it untill like the 5th or 6th ep. cant remember all that well. Your probably right though roller..

GoktimusPrime
17th January 2009, 08:45 PM
I think that's fare
While I agree, this thread was started by Bartrim so I think he should decide on whether or not that rule should be part of this game or not. :) Until he says otherwise we can assume that it's not the rule and that "double dipping" is allowable, even if we may not like it. :/

wasn't the sky spy different to the thing used to scan for alt modes?

I think they look different
They were all called Sky Spy though. I guess they kept on evolving like Powerdasher. :p (reference (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Sky_Spy))

roller
7th February 2009, 09:52 AM
true or false?

Megatron the great leader of the Decepticons, has said the word 'gobbledegook'

loophole
7th February 2009, 09:56 AM
true

hotaru_oz
7th February 2009, 02:38 PM
I believe that is true also

turtle boy
7th February 2009, 05:06 PM
true. It's loop's go

roller
7th February 2009, 08:42 PM
true it is

Dinobot Island part 1

Loopsquares turn

loophole
7th February 2009, 09:43 PM
an easy one....who is Optimus Primes' 2nd in command?

turtle boy
7th February 2009, 11:49 PM
I always got confused with this one. It was either jazz or Ironhide. IH always taking charge when Prime was not around or they had mixed up the evil clone from the real Prime. The bots should really keep the 2 of them separate.

But then you have, Prime, telling Jazz to. "Jazz, organize a battle unit, we're going after them"

And Jazz commanding the bots to transform and standing out front of the pack with Prime.

I'm going to say Jazz.

GoktimusPrime
8th February 2009, 09:53 AM
Yeah, in the cartoon it kinda changed according to whoever was most convenient - sometimes Ironhide, sometimes Prowl, sometimes Jazz - even Huffer!

So going purely by cartoon continuity I'd say that either of those (and probably others) would be correct. :p

loophole
8th February 2009, 01:30 PM
go Turtle Boy your correct

turtle boy
8th February 2009, 05:15 PM
Thanks Loop=) In the ep Five Faces Of Darkness part 2. There is someone in a shot on Char, sitting completly still, but he does not belong in the shot, or even on Char at all. Who is he?

roller
8th February 2009, 11:57 PM
Galva....gee whats his name again:confused:

galva conductor?

Galvanised iron?

Galvatron i think

turtle boy
9th February 2009, 01:18 AM
Nope, Think, less evil.

roller
9th February 2009, 09:21 AM
beachcoma?

GoktimusPrime
9th February 2009, 09:31 AM
Close. ;)

Galva....gee whats his name again

galva conductor?

Galvanised iron?

Galvatron i think
GalvaPhil (http://spacebridge2000.tripod.com/comic.html) :)

Hot Rodimus
9th February 2009, 11:34 AM
I think it was air raid or one of the other aerial bots?

turtle boy
9th February 2009, 04:27 PM
I think it was air raid or one of the other aerial bots?

Got it!

Your go roddy

Hot Rodimus
10th February 2009, 12:59 PM
Kinda funny that you asked that question as I have just been watching all the episodes from the beginning over the last week and I just watched that episode the other day and noticed it (actually there are errors all the way through the series as everyone would know).

But I digress, here is an easy one:

In the episode "Auto-bop" what is the name of the Decepticons Night club?

Omega Supreme
10th February 2009, 01:26 PM
Was it the Dancitron ?

GoktimusPrime
11th February 2009, 03:04 PM
A name that sure doesn't scream "Owned by Decepticons"!! :D My favourite moment in that episode is hearing Soundwave laugh - an evil laugh! - while fighting Blaster.

Hot Rodimus
12th February 2009, 12:57 PM
Omega Supreme has it, Dancitron it is..... the only thing worse than the name is the repetive sound bite they keep playing for the clubs music and the dance scenes with horrible fashion

GoktimusPrime
12th February 2009, 02:54 PM
Blaster really liked the repetitive music. As did Cobra Commander. ;)

(I'd provide a video link but I can't access YouTube at work :p)

roller
3rd March 2009, 09:02 PM
what was Breakdowns first words?

roller
21st April 2009, 11:12 PM
how many cannons were put into the side of a volcano/ or large mountain to defend the Ark/Volcano base in one of the episodes of Five faces of Darkness ?

roller
17th May 2009, 10:01 AM
This topic is now locked