PDA

View Full Version : WWE/WWF/TNA/Wrestling discussion thread - (may contain spoilers!!!)

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Sharky
1st August 2015, 08:54 PM
All the Hogan press has made me relapse. I haven't watched since the end of the Attitude era (aka the best era) Can anyone give me the cliff notes so I can catch up on the man drama?

-So far I've figured out that Undertaker (yay, my fav) was jobbed to Brock Lesner (boo) and aint happy.
-Cena looks like the new Rock albeit very family friendly, seems like a bro though.
-Some Goldust-esc dude wants to fight the green arrow from TV?
-HHH is the new Vince?
-Chick wrestlers are way hotter.

- Taker chose to job to lesser
- Mr PG Cena should never be compared to the rock or Austin whilst he is the current "man" he appeals to a different generation
-some golddustesque doodle is stardust the younger brother of golddust Cody Rhodes (yes that Rhodes)
-HHH is the new Vince and brings some fresh ideas to the table like the WWE Performance centre and NXT
- Chick wrestlers may be hotter but they suck in the ring

Other then that besides some awesome matches over the years the return of sting you pretty much got it covered!!

and Piper you will be missed!!!

Bartrim
23rd January 2017, 06:40 PM
Went with my brother to watch Rock and Roll Wrestling at Nowra on Saturday night.

https://www.rockandrollwrestling.com/

I was skeptical. But for $15 a ticket the production values (they have a Titantron style screen with entry videos) and the quality of the work was amazing. Even snapped a photo with Concrete Davidson who is a 1920s strong guy. There are some great characters too.

Sinnertwin
4th June 2017, 10:01 PM
WWE meets Scooby Doo. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGV2t33BKBU)
Life. Complete.

Thurmus
4th June 2017, 11:29 PM
You obviously haven't seen the first WWE and Scooby, and the older WWE and the Flintstones and the recent WWE and the Jetsons.

Not to mention Surfs Up 2.

DELTAprime
8th July 2017, 07:22 AM
Just a heads up. WWE left a database of 3 million customers information including names, address, age, education, ethnic background, earnings and children's age and gender on a publicly accessible Amazon S3 server, so look out for potential spear phishing attacks or worse.:mad:

Gutsman Heavy
8th July 2017, 12:40 PM
Just a heads up. WWE left a database of 3 million customers information including names, address, age, education, ethnic background, earnings and children's age and gender on a publicly accessible Amazon S3 server, so look out for potential spear phishing attacks or worse.:mad:

Bold new story-line there.

Been watching season 1 of Lucha Underground, I love it!

Thurmus
8th July 2017, 04:52 PM
I heard it was on Netflix in the States.

I have been thinking of giving it a try. What are you liking about it?

DELTAprime
8th July 2017, 08:30 PM
Been watching season 1 of Lucha Underground, I love it!

Where have you been watching it, I'm interested in seeing what it's like?

Gutsman Heavy
8th July 2017, 09:59 PM
I heard it was on Netflix in the States.

I have been thinking of giving it a try. What are you liking about it?

Where have you been watching it, I'm interested in seeing what it's like?

Not legally, there are no avenues for us to see it otherwise. Feel free to PM me for more info.

What I like about it is the quality of the matches themselves and no hang ups with mixed matches (men v women etc).Story-lines & characters are simple but enjoyable and executed well. Hitting the usual tropes of bad guy promoter, shady trainers, up and coming new guy etc. Nothing revolutionary but back to basics, quality over quantity.

Episodes are only 45mins long (3 matches) this is a strength imo, I struggle through the average ep of RAW. It also lacks of budget of WWE, so no flashy entrances or cool theme music.

I'm only up to ep4 so I can't vouch for long term quality. I really hope netflix adds it here.

DELTAprime
9th July 2017, 11:12 AM
As far as the quality of Lucha Underground goes, that is down to they film it as a TV show not a sport. They do take after take until they get it right, something the WWE can't do being live and even the pre-recorded indies don't do.

Sinnertwin
10th July 2017, 11:23 AM
I enjoyed NXT. Haven't watched an episode for quite a whike now & don't know who's what these days. I suppose I should get back in to it.

Bartrim
16th July 2017, 05:52 PM
I enjoyed NXT. Haven't watched an episode for quite a whike now & don't know who's what these days. I suppose I should get back in to it.

I watch NXT these days, hardly ever watch Raw and Smackdown. I still watch the PPV too but there is a lot of disappointment these days.

What has taken massive steps forward and what I really enjoy watching is Women's wrestling now. Really looking forward to the Mae Young Classic. I just hope that they don't use it as a stepping stone to bring Ronda Rousey into WWE.

Sinnertwin
16th July 2017, 08:13 PM
I watch NXT these days, hardly ever watch Raw and Smackdown. I still watch the PPV too but there is a lot of disappointment these days.

What has taken massive steps forward and what I really enjoy watching is Women's wrestling now. Really looking forward to the Mae Young Classic. I just hope that they don't use it as a stepping stone to bring Ronda Rousey into WWE.

I too enjoyed the women's division, much more than the men's, actually.
Asuka was one of my favourites along with Alexa, Ember and Nia. That Bayley and those massive blow up inflatable wobbly standy up things and her smile though... :rolleyes:
:p

yoshi594
16th July 2017, 08:18 PM
bayley and sasha are horrible now. They just don't seem to know how to handle the womens division on the main roster.

I shudder at the thought of Asuka in the main roster...just look at bayley :o.

Braun Strowman and Aj styles are the only 2 people worth watching on the main roster atm.

I used to like Rollins but they haven't handled his return properly and his new finisher is super lacklustre (He needs to add the bicycle setup like Kenny Omega does).

Sinnertwin
16th July 2017, 08:29 PM
bayley and sasha are horrible now. They just don't seem to know how to handle the womens division on the main roster.

I shudder at the thought of Asuka in the main roster...just look at bayley :o.

Braun Strowman and Aj styles are the only 2 people worth watching on the main roster atm.

I used to like Rollins but they haven't handled his return properly and his new finisher is super lacklustre (He needs to add the bicycle setup like Kenny Omega does).

Are they horrible athletes now or just their angles have gone down the toilet, along with the rest of the Women's Divvy?
I've had a look at the RAW roster, and there are a few that I consider shining lights like Wyatt (heh heh Husky Harris) Enzo, Cesaro, The Miz, but the babyfaces seem to outnumber the heels by something like 50% :confused:

yoshi594
16th July 2017, 09:09 PM
Are they horrible athletes now or just their angles have gone down the toilet, along with the rest of the Women's Divvy?
I've had a look at the RAW roster, and there are a few that I consider shining lights like Wyatt (heh heh Husky Harris) Enzo, Cesaro, The Miz, but the babyfaces seem to outnumber the heels by something like 50% :confused:

The wwe roster of today is leaps and bounds the best it's ever been (Aj styles, Nakamura, Samoa Joe, Balor, Owens, Zayn, The shield Bros, Charlotte, Sasha, Bayley, Becky,etc) ....its just the writers who don't know what to do with them.

For example, with the likes of Sasha, she had a hot potatoe feud with Charlotte where they would just exchange the womens belt, thereby devaluing the belts worth.
After that she was thrown in as a manager for a little bit, had a pointless feud with alicia fox that's wrapped up now...and now she's back again in the title picture.

Look up the "this is your life" segment with alexa bliss and bayley to see one of the worst segments to come out of wrestling.

Bartrim
16th July 2017, 10:01 PM
The WWE has a bad history of misusing wrestlers. Bo Dallas is a million times more talented than his brother but they have no idea how to use him. First thing I would do is get him to shave. With the beard he looks too much like Bray and it ruins the suspension of disbelief. He has a wicked grin, they could totally pull of a smiling assassin type gimmick with him.

I remember about 5 years ago, back when NXT first became a weekly show there were talks of bringing in Bo Dallas, Richie Steamboat, 1 or more of the Dibiasie boys and few others (I think it was 6-7 guys in total) and call them Generation Next. Unfortunately that idea faded out with the Dibiasie boys severing ties with WWE and Richie Steamboat picked up a career ending back injury.

yoshi594
16th July 2017, 10:40 PM
Bo joining the wyatt family would be too perfect for wwe to consider.

NxT is almost perfect with their booking. If only the main roster could learn a thing or two from them.

Bartrim
4th August 2017, 06:18 PM
Is anyone going to Wollongong to meet Ryback this weekend?

DELTAprime
25th October 2017, 11:28 PM
I'm so sick of people saying wrestling sucks now and it was better in whatever era they grew up in.

Autocon
28th October 2017, 04:21 AM
Shame its all fake....

Jumps out of the ring before anyone else can get in it hehe

Jetfire in the sky
9th November 2017, 08:22 PM
I'm so sick of people saying wrestling sucks now and it was better in whatever era they grew up in.

I've been watching wrestling for over 30 years and I hear this all the time and through many era's.
It is looking through history with rose tinted glasses, it happens soooo much in the Formula 1 community.
Generally what I find is that most of the time when people refer to what they believe was the best era ever coincides with their mid teens to mid 20's. It makes sense really for most of us it is a time of fun and adventure.

I have seen many great era's of WWF/WWE/WCW/ECW and at a time TNA. When Bryan won at Yesslemania I truly thought that we were on the cusp of a true golden era but it didn't eventuate for a number of reasons.
Currently the product is very good, I am a big fan of NXT, but when it went off Foxtel I dropped off the 'E a fair bit and got into some indy stuff online. I am back to WWE now but mostly Smackdown, two hours is so much better. I quick review Raw and/or read about it online, if the episode review is good I will watch the show.
The pure wrestling talent in WWE now is, imho, the best ever, sure the writing can be shoddy at times, but there has NEVER been an era in wrestling when the writing has been pure gold for every show and segment. A lot of the time it is one main good story that gets over and that's what everyone remembers.

My five cents :)

DELTAprime
29th January 2018, 04:29 PM
Well it sucks that we know spoilers for the WWE so far in advance.

Spoilers for the Rumble and possibly Wrestlemania...

Just as was leaked months ago Shinsuke is taking on AJ at Wrestlemania, which means the main event at Wrestlemania will probably be the leaked Roman vs Brock match.

Also as cool as it is to finally have Ronda Rousey as a WWE Superstar it would be much cooler if we didn't know her and the other members of the UFC Four Horsewomen signed up with the WWE ages ago and are going to take on the WWE Four Horsewomen.

If the WWE could keep a secret maybe people wouldn't think it's so predictable.

philby
29th January 2018, 08:00 PM
I recently watched the ESPN documentary on Ric Flair, it was pretty interesting and sad. Still he is a bit of a classic, it cracks me up that so many of his signature moves involved him getting beat down lol.

whooooo!
sting wins the title for the first time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=245ia348HEQ
how young is JR? lol. pretty sure he fits an OH MAH GAWD in there too haha

Bartrim
30th January 2018, 12:47 PM
I was pretty cheesed off with the end to the rumble PPV. Asuka made history by being the winner of the first womens PPV, then they totally diminished it by bringing out Lousey Ronda Rousey.

Galvatran
30th April 2018, 10:41 PM
Whoever said wrestling is all choreographed manoeuvres hasn't seen the entrance into the ring by Titus O'Neil in WWE Greatest Royal Rumble.
:D

Jetfire in the sky
1st May 2018, 02:14 PM
Whoever said wrestling is all choreographed manoeuvres hasn't seen the entrance into the ring by Titus O'Neil in WWE Greatest Royal Rumble.

Man, that was funny, there is one from his NXT days tripping over in a similar spot near the ring with a beer keg.

DELTAprime
1st May 2018, 03:13 PM
How long did the show end up being? Is it another 7 hour PPV?

MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!!
2nd May 2018, 12:40 AM

Multi-angle video now up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2Sz2aZ6uuc

Jetfire in the sky
21st June 2018, 04:35 PM
The 'E is coming to Australia to the MCG In Melbourne October 6.

I missed going to Global Warning and wish I had made the effort in the early 2000's. It would be amazing if they can pack the G for this...….. 100,000 plus :eek: I'm not sure they will though; having been to Raw in the US I know that from a distance the feel of the wrestling isn't there. Need to be up close on the floor, either kicking distance from the ring or entrance ramp.
They will need to promote hard and hopefully do some fan access days.

Still up in the air if I'll go, might come down to timing and what's on at home which will make the final decision.

DELTAprime
22nd June 2018, 05:25 PM
Given the fact that WWE has had to give out paper to get their big arenas full in the US in recent years I wonder how much paper they will have to give out to get the MCG full.

For those that don't know wrestling terms "paper" means free tickets.;)

shockNwave
22nd June 2018, 07:29 PM
I was pretty cheesed off with the end to the rumble PPV. Asuka made history by being the winner of the first womens PPV, then they totally diminished it by bringing out Lousey Ronda Rousey.

I take it Ronda is one of the villains, right? Because based on her UFC days, I can't for the life of me see her as one of the goodies.

DELTAprime
7th August 2018, 08:03 AM
Well I guess Kane is never going to be in the WWE again, now that Glenn Jacobs has been elected the mayor or Knoxville.

Bartrim
22nd August 2018, 11:03 PM
I think the worst thing to happen to WWE was Jericho v Kenny Omega. I, like so many people I talk to tuned into Wrestle Kingdom 12 for that match. I am so hooked on NJPW now. It's not just the Western wrestlers like Bullet Club I am finding myself drawn to almost all the wrestlers. The final of the G1 Climax had a good twist with Hiroshi Tanahashi beating Kota Ibushi. I think I prefer it to WWE because they tell their stories in the ring. They don't need half a show of promos to help get their stars over.

Galvatran
2nd September 2018, 09:49 PM
Channel SBS showing Andre the Giant documentary.

DELTAprime
8th September 2018, 07:12 PM
I just had a look at the seat map and prices for the MCG house show WWE is putting on. $1500 for a good seat, but if you spend $40 you get a seat so far away from the ring it will be like watching flies have a wrestling match.

Omega Supreme
27th September 2018, 07:55 AM
They are treating it as a PPV rather than a house show but still $1500 is much higher than I expected, I think my young fellas and I will instead enjoy it via the Network. The show looks like a great card although I have been annoyed by the hype for the Taker/HHH final match, both guys are well past their prime and it shouldn't be the main focus of the show.

Has anyone here been collecting the retro hasbro style figures from Mattel? If so just wanted to ask if anyone has spotted locally any of the lines after series 3 (AJ/Goldberg/Rollins/Ambrose) ? The only series I have seen here were series 1 & series 3 (they seemed to have missed 2) everything else I have had to import which is driving the price per figure from $15 to the $30/$40 mark.

Galvatran
14th October 2018, 09:06 AM
Anyone went to see the event at the MCG last week?

DELTAprime
7th January 2019, 03:36 PM
I can't make up my mind on AEW.

Sometimes it sounds like it's going to be a great, accessible "indie" promotion.

Other times it sounds like another WCW, and we all know what happened to WCW it's reincarnation TNA.

Hopefully, it's going to be on Foxtel so I can watch it and see what it ends up being.

DELTAprime
7th April 2019, 09:13 PM
Anyone see that ****** attack Bret Hart at the HOF ceremony?

Sinnertwin
9th April 2019, 09:03 AM
I couldn't find the actual video, just the aftermath, but it was good to see the fellow wrestlers taking care of business

DELTAprime
8th October 2019, 12:06 AM
Anyone else see the aftermath of Hell in a Cell? I thought WWE would do something screwy to keep the belt off of Bray, but I didn't expect them to murder the most over guy in the company.

Sinnertwin
8th October 2019, 12:18 PM
Anyone else see the aftermath of Hell in a Cell? I thought WWE would do something screwy to keep the belt off of Bray, but I didn't expect them to murder the most over guy in the company.

I found it odd considering the premise... People have been thrown off the top, hanged, bashed with ladders, sledgehammers and chairs.

DELTAprime
21st October 2019, 11:50 PM
I singed up for AEW's streaming service on fite.tv, it's $5 USD a month to watch AEW Dynamite. Also AEW Dark is available on YouTube for free. There's a great hardcore match between Kenny Omega and Joey Janela on Dark episode 2.

Bartrim
3rd November 2019, 07:02 PM
Listening to Talk is Jericho and he is interviewing Kick Axe who were Spectre General on The Transformers soundtrack. They talk about the dramas around that album for a bit.

DELTAprime
29th July 2021, 11:57 PM
AEW did a death match on today's Dynamite. And it wasn't watered down for American network television.

To be clear, death match. Not a hardcore match.

Thurmus
30th July 2021, 09:04 AM
Exploding barbed wire? Light tubes? How death?

DELTAprime
30th July 2021, 11:02 AM
Exploding barbed wire? Light tubes? How death?

Light tubes, actual glass, taking a pizza cutter to Chris Jericho's face.

Thurmus
30th July 2021, 11:27 AM
Did a person that was in a Dark Side of the Ring episode recently debut?

At least it sounds better than the exploding barbed wire finish previously.

DELTAprime
30th July 2021, 05:24 PM
It was a one-off appearance by Nick Gage vs Chris Jericho. Also, Jericho did most of the bleeding.

DELTAprime
23rd August 2021, 12:22 PM
This might be the best reaction from a crowd ever.

CM Punk debut on AEW Rampage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByAXCjqBzLg

Thurmus
23rd August 2021, 08:40 PM
Finished watching SummerSlam. Anyone else confused with Bianca Belair's treatment?

DELTAprime
23rd August 2021, 10:11 PM
Finished watching SummerSlam. Anyone else confused with Bianca Belair's treatment?

Knowing how WWE booking works, I'm guessing Vince just lost interest in her and that will be it for her as a serious champion.

Bartrim
19th August 2022, 08:13 AM
What’s everyone thinking of Triple H taking over WWE? I’m really excited for it. It felt like Vince was out of touch recently and I’m already happy with the changes implemented.

DELTAprime
19th August 2022, 11:28 AM
I watched Raw the other week to see how Trips was doing. Seems pretty decent compared to what Raw was under Vince. That said, Raw is still too long. 3 hours is unwatchable for me as it just drags.

The Golden Era of NXT under Triple H was one of my favourite eras of wrestling ever. So I'm very hopeful for the future of WWE after they drum the last of Vince's crap out of the company.

Thurmus
19th August 2022, 03:28 PM
Me too. As soon as NXT went rainbow it died. There were so many good takeovers. The Gorgano vs Andrade and the Gargano vs Ciampa series were amazing.

DELTAprime
8th September 2022, 02:18 PM
So, is anyone else following the fallout from the AEW brawl? Can't wait to see a Dark Side of the Ring documentary on CM Punk.

Bartrim
8th September 2022, 06:11 PM
So, is anyone else following the fallout from the AEW brawl? Can't wait to see a Dark Side of the Ring documentary on CM Punk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQgUx9WJwjE&feature=share&utm_source=EJGixIgBCJiu2KjB4oSJEQ

Someone’s already given us a preview.

Honestly though I’m a bit bummed. I’m a huge Omega fan. He just returned and now he’s suspended.

DELTAprime
8th September 2022, 08:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQgUx9WJwjE&feature=share&utm_source=EJGixIgBCJiu2KjB4oSJEQ

Someone�s already given us a preview.

Honestly though I�m a bit bummed. I�m a huge Omega fan. He just returned and now he�s suspended.

Everyone involved had to be suspended because the cops are involved. Not work cops, actual Chicago PD. You can't have these guys on TV when there's the chance of them going to jail.

Bartrim
2nd December 2022, 09:21 AM
Happy to see The Elite return at Full Gear.

Also as a Supernatural fan I marked out hard to them coming out to “Carry On Wayward Son”