PDA

View Full Version : WWE/WWF/TNA/Wrestling discussion thread - (may contain spoilers!!!)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Bartrim
1st February 2008, 02:58 PM
I just thought with a few members here showing interest in WWE (Myself, Soundwarp, Scattershot and new member Pulse for example) I would open a thread to discuss WWE happenings.

So what did you guys think of The Royal Rumble and the following Monday Night Raw? Honestly I was shocked by the early return of John Cena. A well timed moved by the WWE.

Please discuss...

Soundwarp
1st February 2008, 05:00 PM
Man i see a tripple threat for the title at Wrestlemania

HHH
Hardy
Champion (Probably Orton)

TheDirtyDigger
1st February 2008, 06:40 PM
I heard some stupid kid at school saying wrestling was fake.:rolleyes:

So I pile-drived him and applied the camel clutch. :)

Wrestling fake???

As if!

Scattershot
1st February 2008, 09:42 PM
I was shocked as well. I did say before watching it I reckon Lashley or Cena could be back but didnt think it actually would happen. Bit of a shock. I like Cena but I dont. I'm a Triple H fan from way back so of course I wanted him to kick Cenas ass but as soon as Cena walked out you knew it was all over. Loved the bit where Batista, HHH and Cena were standing there ready to go at it doin crotch chops and the animals thumbs down. Good stuff!

Also how funny is Santino Marella. I love that guy. Cracks me up everytime. His rumble appearance was short but a crack up.

Got to watch Raw this weekend.

Soundwarp
2nd February 2008, 02:35 PM
2 Elimintaion chambers in one night is a bit lame IMO!

Rampage
2nd February 2008, 05:18 PM
I was shocked as well. I did say before watching it I reckon Lashley or Cena could be back but didnt think it actually would happen. Bit of a shock. I like Cena but I dont. I'm a Triple H fan from way back so of course I wanted him to kick Cenas ass but as soon as Cena walked out you knew it was all over. Loved the bit where Batista, HHH and Cena were standing there ready to go at it doin crotch chops and the animals thumbs down. Good stuff!

Also how funny is Santino Marella. I love that guy. Cracks me up everytime. His rumble appearance was short but a crack up.

Got to watch Raw this weekend.

Lashley ain't coming back he quit WWE is looking at a career in MMA like Brock Lesnar who is fighting Frank Mir tomorrow at UFC 81

and btw Cuck Fena cant stand that clown:D

Soundwarp
2nd February 2008, 05:22 PM
I'm getting that PPV of Lesner tomorrow to see if he can fight for real

WTF about Lashley???????????

Rampage
2nd February 2008, 07:07 PM
I'm getting that PPV of Lesner tomorrow to see if he can fight for real

WTF about Lashley???????????

Yeah i'm tempted to buy the ppv myself.

I downloaded his first fight in Pride he was pretty impressive but the guy he beat was about 50 lbs lighter than him and got taken down in the first 3 seconds and grounded and pounded into submission about a minute later

Mir wont be so easy if he has his game face on the dude has some nasty submissions and is comfortable on the ground and im not sure if Lesnar has any stand up skills

Soundwarp
3rd February 2008, 08:37 AM
Yep gotta see this so it's worth the money.

*Disclaimer: I am an extreme Undertaker fan*

OK i hope Taker gets a title shot and wins, maily because he hasn't got a long time left. Yes he's in the best shape he has ever been but he really is getting on in age. He's no rick Flair he can't do it forever because you wouldn't accept a LAME Undertaker (Still love ya Rick).

Scattershot
3rd February 2008, 10:51 AM
I saw Lesnar was fighting in UFC but didnt realise Lashley was out of WWE, thought he was just injured. I dont have foxtel so I'll have to try and find Lesnars fight on you tube or something.

Speaking of Flair did anyone see him on Raw this week? Far out, he is still the man, funny shit, I cracked up so bad and the DX reunion was pretty cool when they were ripping on Michael Buffer not to mention the change room antics...lol!

Soundwarp
3rd February 2008, 12:17 PM
Amen, big ups to Rick.........

I reckong this is his last season so they did the whole retire crap, it's brilliant cause it brings him into the spotlight for his last hurah!

Hell yes he has picked up his game since the retirement thing too, old dogs moves can get lame big Rick really has stepped up a notch!

Scattershot
3rd February 2008, 05:40 PM
Do u think mania is his last hurrah? Maybe against Triple H?

Soundwarp
3rd February 2008, 06:08 PM
Well it would be if it was me

Bartrim
4th February 2008, 09:08 AM
Due to the huge reaction at the rumble I'm expecting it to be Cena vs Triple H at wrestlemania. I'm also thinking that MRRRRRRRR KENNEDDYYYYYY will retire Flair.

I loved the DX antics on raw. Triple H making fun of Michael Buffer was priceless.

Scattershot, speaking of Santino last time the WWE came out my brother and I both wore Italian soccer shirts and Santino mentioned something like "I'ma going to make him dissapear mucha like Italy made Australia dissapear from the world cup" Everyone boo'ed. My brother and I stood up and cheered and got pelted with bottles. It was classic.:D

roller
4th February 2008, 10:03 AM
the only time i have ever watched this was at a friends house on his illigal cable

and it was only for the women wrestlers

the toyline is hilarious, sweaty muscly man toys, tis a bit queer to collect:D

but the lasses are a bit of alright eh bart?!

Bartrim
4th February 2008, 11:58 AM
Yes indeed Roller the ladies are quite nice.

For anyone whos interested my brother just told me Lesnar tapped in 90 seconds.:)

Soundwarp
4th February 2008, 06:08 PM
Man i HATE the Womens wrestling, so boring. Yes the thing is fake but most of the wrestling is quality now that WWE has a stranle hold on the buisness. You either put on a good show or your fired.

:( Diddn't manage to see Lesner :(

Rampage
4th February 2008, 07:07 PM
:( Diddn't manage to see Lesner :(

he lost by submission (kneebar) in 1:30 of the 1st round

he came out firing though took Mir down and pounded the shit out of him with brutal hammerfists but got a point deducted for punching in the back of the head

they stood up Lesnar dropped him with a big right hand and started to GnP him again Mir wen for an armbar but Lesnar escaped and stood over Mir who wrapped his legs around one of Lesnar's tripped him locked him in tight and wrenched the ankle & Lesnar tapped pretty quickly

he showed alot of potential in only his 2nd MMA fight showed class in defeat also i thought he would be his usual arrogant self but was very humble in his post fight interview stating that "Mir was a better fighter than him"

any heavyweight in the world without the black belt Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu skills of Mir or Minatauro would've probably got their asses handed to them by him

the whole card was pretty good some nice ko's & submissions only one fight on the PPV went the distance

my highlight on the PPV was Tim Boestch ko of David Heath
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/4408/heathbomy5ll4.gif

Scattershot
4th February 2008, 08:16 PM
I was sorta hoping Lesnar would win but hopefully it'll make him more determined to be better.

I dont know bout HHH v Cena at Mania. I think it could be s triple threat or maybe a fatal 4 way. Too many good contenders atm. Hard to decide.

Rampage
5th February 2008, 12:21 AM
the Smackdown Elimination Chamber has the possibility of being the most boring match in history

Boretista,Khali & Big Daddy V in the same ring i'm feeling drowsy already

Soundwarp
5th February 2008, 07:06 AM
the Smackdown Elimination Chamber has the possibility of being the most boring match in history

Boretista,Khali & Big Daddy V in the same ring i'm feeling drowsy already

lol

Bartrim
5th February 2008, 10:17 AM
I missed Smackdown. Who else is in the elimination chamber?

Pulse
5th February 2008, 06:07 PM
It's not really wwf/wwe but it's still rasslin.

Anyway, about a year ago we were cleaning out the garage & we found this in one of the cupboard drawers, rolled up. My old man must have got it when he used to watch live rasslin back in the 70s at the old Sydney Showground (guess it must be where I get my rasslin genes from).

So I took it to a picture framing business (that's since closed down) & they straightened it out & framed it for us behind a nice piece of glass.

Sorry bout the pic not being the best (damn flash) but it really is in beautiful condition. No fading whatsoever. Some of the names/pictures include Eddie Graham, Rocky Johnson, Bobo Brazil, Dory Funk Jr, Fritz Von Erich, Jack Brisco (current champ), Dusty Rhodes, Abdullah the Butcher, Harley Race, Gordon Solie & Jim Dillon (commentators), Bearcat Wright, Hiro Matsuda, Roger Kirby, Cyclone Negro & Larry "The Ax" Hennig.

It's not going anywhere (My dad owns it) but I thought you rasslin fans might like to take in some NWA nostalgia from years gone by.

Oh, & for insurance purposes, you think it may be worth anything?

Soundwarp
5th February 2008, 06:17 PM
I missed Smackdown. Who else is in the elimination chamber?

Taker
Batista
Kali
Viscrea.... I mean Big Daddy V
Mark Henry
Finley

I think.

Bartrim
5th February 2008, 06:31 PM
Taker
Batista
Kali
Viscrea.... I mean Big Daddy V
Mark Henry
Finley

I think.

Wow... that does sound boring. Although I do see the potential for it to be quite brutal.

Scattershot
6th February 2008, 07:52 PM
Nice poster Pulse! I only know a few of those guys. Bit too old for me but at least I know a few names on there!

Soundwarp
6th February 2008, 08:04 PM
Raw was apretty boring tonight.

Bartrim
7th February 2008, 09:29 AM
I missed it as I had a work function on.

Any highlights I should be aware of Warps?

Pulse
7th February 2008, 06:08 PM
Nice poster Pulse! I only know a few of those guys. Bit too old for me but at least I know a few names on there!

Thanks Mate. I would say I'm a fan of both Old School & New School rasslin. I'm also a big fan of my rasslin biographies & autobiographies as is evidenced below:

Soundwarp
7th February 2008, 09:24 PM
I missed it as I had a work function on.

Any highlights I should be aware of Warps?

Mate i don't remember it so not really.
There was a 6 man tag with:

Jeff
Jherico
HHH

vs

Umaga
JBL
Orton

Scattershot
7th February 2008, 10:28 PM
HHH wasnt on Raw, anyone know why? It was HBK teamed up with Jericho and Hardy. Some funny stuff like Vinnie Mac buffing his arse.

Soundwarp
8th February 2008, 07:22 AM
Lol sorry, it was that boring a night i forgot.

Man i bow down to Vince the guy is a legend, yes this Hornswoggle thing is stupid but i don't care!

Bartrim
11th February 2008, 10:24 AM
Not too much on Smackdown to discuss just wanted to say that I think Festus rules!!!!:D

Scattershot
11th February 2008, 07:57 PM
Just read on WWE.com on the power 25 that HHH was MIA due to a family emergency. Thats all it said.

Soundwarp
12th February 2008, 07:35 AM
Not too much on Smackdown to discuss just wanted to say that I think Festus rules!!!!:D

Agreed!

Man Jimmy Wayne Yand and Shannon Moore HAVE to win the titles soon. They are the best and most exciting tag team i have seen in a bloody long time. We may need 2 tag team titles, one for raw and one for smackdown. Cuase Bob holly and Cody are bloody awesome aswell.

Bartrim
12th February 2008, 08:51 AM
There are 2 tag team titles I thought.

Aren't the other titles held by John Morrison and "The Miz" since ECW and Smackdown share their roster?

Speaking of Tag Teams did you guys know that the one with the long hair in Deuce and Domino (I can't remember which is which) is Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka's son?

Soundwarp
12th February 2008, 04:45 PM
Yep yep my bad.

God i hate Morrison.

Scattershot
12th February 2008, 07:05 PM
I'll take his partner.... God I hate the Miz...lol

Soundwarp
13th February 2008, 07:22 AM
Next PPV

Scattershot and Soundwarp vs The MIZ and Morrison

Bartrim
13th February 2008, 10:40 AM
Can we make it a handicap match because I'd love to get a shot in at them too. Although from what I can tell from pictures and descriptions I'll let you guys do the work and I'll kick 'em when their down:p

Soundwarp
14th February 2008, 07:14 AM
DDDDUUUUUDDDDDEEEEE

RAW was awesome tonight.

Vince vs Horny and Finlay KO's Vince with his Stick [Cage match next week, Vince vs Horny]

The new English guy that has been floating around comes out with his HOT HOT HOT sister and takes Kendrick apart.

Stupid Girl match [don't watch these]

JB vs Jherico [Finaly no DQ's and was a good match]

THEN OMG!

Jeff Hardy vs Shawn Michaels

It was like Kurt Angle vs ChrisBenoit

Honestly one of the greatest pairings of styles ever. It kept going and going and there were reversals and finishers left right and centre.....

Awesome awesome match!!!!

Bartrim
14th February 2008, 09:31 AM
Damn I didn't get to see the Hardy/Michaels match. It was that good was it? I'll have to watch raw on sat to catch it.

Yeah I'm happy to see Burchill back in WWE. Shame he dropped the pirate gimmick though. That was always ggod for a laugh. But like you said Warps his sister is smokin so thats a positive:)

Overall I thought it was a good episode. (what I saw anyway)

Is Triple H going to be in the elimination chamber at No Way Out? since he hasn't been around on raw as Scattershot pointed out

Bartrim
14th February 2008, 11:21 AM
By the way did anyone else think Burchill and his sister acted a bit too "close"?

Soundwarp
14th February 2008, 05:43 PM
Yes yes they did!

Well i though the Hardy HBK match was amazing.

Rampage
14th February 2008, 07:29 PM
By the way did anyone else think Burchill and his sister acted a bit too "close"?
yeah it was a bit weird but she is hot so who cares :D

love that curb stomp he used on Kendrick too that was nasty

shame Burchill didn't use his usual C4 finisher that move PWNS!!
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/8254/c4burchillwwehn6.gif

foor
14th February 2008, 10:10 PM
I preferred it when Burchill was a pirate.

Soundwarp
15th February 2008, 07:10 AM
Hell no not me, i hope he gets a fan base this time and hangs around. I think he is a good wrestler with potential. But then again so was the big show but people never really got into it so he got bugger all titles.

Bartrim
15th February 2008, 08:14 AM
My brother was telling me that Burchill left last time for knee reconstruction surgery. Apparently it happened using that C4 finisher which I agree totally rocks.:D

If you want to talk about kick ass finishers try and find footage of Survivor Series 96. I have it on video and the move Phil LaFon uses to pin Leif Cassidy in the first match is one of the most wicked moves I've ever seen.

Scattershot
15th February 2008, 08:01 PM
Holy moly that is an awesome finisher. never seen it. Unbelievable and ppl say that wrestling is a load of crap. How much freaking skill does tht take!

HHH will be back for No way out. Stephs preggos again so I'd say thats why he was missing the last 2 weeks.

Oh yeah and raw was pretty damn.... i mean DAMN!!!...good....lol

Bartrim
15th February 2008, 09:59 PM
Yeah I hate when people say wrestling is a load of crap. They are amazing athletes.

Back on the topic of awesome finishers have any of you guys seen "the pounce" that Marcus Cor Von uses. That move rocks.

Soundwarp
16th February 2008, 08:40 AM
I missed Smackdown last night, i managed to see a good match between Batista and MVP.
I'll catch the replay on Sunday.

Bartrim
18th February 2008, 11:29 AM
bah it's my cousins 21st tonight so I'm going to have to tape No Way Out. I'll avoid the thread so I don't read any spoilers.

Soundwarp
19th February 2008, 09:31 AM
Booooooooooooooooo

I was at the range until 10pm

I MISSED IT!

Pulse
19th February 2008, 03:48 PM
I don't know if I'm like you guys but I have to find out the results to Raw live in the US to decide whether or not i'm going to watch the show on Wednesday here. For the past month or so, I've decided not to watch Raw on Fox8 as the show (in my opinion) was below average.

But yesterday's PPV proved Vince & his stooges don't listen to the marks at all. Who did the kids in the crowd at his shows want to see headline Mania? Jeff Hardy Don't they realise that by giving the marks what they want will encourage the marks to come back for more? But what do they do, they have Jeff winning clean over Main Eventers on Raw but PPV's see him being jobbed out - Rumble (loses to Orton) & NWO (lose to the "Golden Child" Paul Levesque McMahon himself. What a farce!!!!!

Then they say "Let's sucker in those marks (kids) again" by putting him in the MITB ladder match at Mania. Even when Jeff retrieves the briefcase in that, his chance at the belt won't mean squat. :mad:

& Kennedy (my favourite current rassler by far) is stuck in some drivel match against that dried-up prune in Flair where he'll just be forced to job out again (just as he did at NWO yesterday). Kennedy won the MITB match last Mania & what did that lead to? Nothing :mad: (Damn Ken Anderson getting done for roids)

Kennedy & Jeff Hardy should be your champions Vince. Neither of them are going to win a title this upcoming Mania - why is that Vince? You don't wanna turn your storylines into a farce (just like TNA have) Listen to your Marks, give them what they want & they'll keep fattening up your wallets (I said wallets - not wallet). Otherwise, I can definitely see the marks heading in the direction of your competition. No not TNA, but Dana & his buddies over at UFC.

The writing's on the wall Vince, but you have to clean that fogged-up mirror to see it. Do you see how WCW kept you fresh & on your toes, but now that you've swallowed all your other competition up (TNA is not even close to being called competition) where are the creative ideas/good storylines going to originate from next?

Bartrim
27th February 2008, 08:32 PM
Okay having finally caught up on my wrestling I have this to say about Raw tonight.

Jericho and Hardy had a fantastic match.

I was dissapointed to see D.H Smith job to Umanga. The Kid has greatness in his bloodlines.

I'm interested to see how far they will push Burchill.

I'm glad to see that they have chosen HBK to retire Flair. I was scared some git like MVP.

Scattershot
28th February 2008, 10:20 PM
I actually picked HHH to retire Flair at Mania but HBK is just as good as choice.

I honestly thought they were going to give the title to Hardy at Mania, who knows mabe he still will. He wins the MITB match and uses it straight away after the main event to beat Cena, HHH or Orton. Who knows.

Bartrim
12th March 2008, 06:17 PM
Jeff Hardy has been suspended for 60 days for substance abuse... surprise surprise.

That being said I enjoyed Raw alot even if it was painful to watch one of my favourite teams as a kid (The Great American Express) come out looking very old.

Scattershot
14th March 2008, 10:09 PM
yeh thats a shame cause he was getting a big push atm. Not anymore, Y2j is the new IC champ....BREAK THE WALLS DOWN!!! Thats cool. Wasnt a bad Raw. Cant wait for next week with Triple H is charge. Looks like Mayweather really did hurt his elbow too. Thats no good.

Soundwarp
15th March 2008, 08:11 AM
Jeff Hardy has been suspended for 60 days for substance abuse... surprise surprise.

That being said I enjoyed Raw alot even if it was painful to watch one of my favourite teams as a kid (The Great American Express) come out looking very old.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Man i go away for 2 weeks....

Pulse
15th March 2008, 01:28 PM
I don't know how many rasslin' sites you guys regularly check out but one I luv is http://www.worldwrestlinginsanity.com/index1.shtml

It puts a light-hearted spin on rubbish angles & at times, can be a great read. My fav columnist would have to be Zah http://www.worldwrestlinginsanity.com/am2/publish/ZAH/index.shtml His columns seem to speak my mind & are a excellent change from the editorial-approach other websites seem to take in reporting the same news.
As I previously mentioned, Mallory Mahling's coverage of Raw http://www.worldwrestlinginsanity.com/am2/publish/TV_and_Pay-Per-View_1/index.shtml makes me decide whether I want to watch it here on Fox8 or not.

Compared to PWtorch (Too many ads) & WWE's site (good for vids but that's about it), World Wrestling Insanity seems to be in a class of it's own. :)

Pulse
19th March 2008, 12:30 AM
Damn, I can't wait til Monday. Mania is the only PPV I get every year & after finding out what happened on today's Raw, it's gotten me psyched for a big one. How about we have some predictions about

A/ What the results will probably be? &

B/ What the results should be?

Here's the card so far:
Triple Threat for WWE Belt - Orton v HHH v Cena
World Heavyweight Belt - Edge v Taker
Big Show v Mayweather
Flair v Michaels
MITB - Nitro v Punk v Carlito v Shelton v Kennedy v MVP v Jericho

Fillers
Batista v Umaga
24 Man Battle Royal
Finlay v Bradshaw
Woman's match

Okay,
We all know Cena, Taker & Mayweather will win. Not sure about Flair v Michaels & MITB (Jeff Hardy was a given before he got done).

But what if Kennedy won the MITB & cashed it in immediately after Cena won the 3-way, Kennedy takes the WWE Title & the place goes wild!

I reckon the best way to do Flair v Michaels would be to have Flair win & at the next PPV, Flair beats Kennedy for the WWE Title. Ric then retires on his own accord, having reached the pinnacle & going out on top. That would be sweet. :)

Bartrim
19th March 2008, 11:32 AM
I know Cena will win even though I hope Triple H does.

I think HBK will retire Flair. They will have a brutal match and nearly kill each other (The WWE is only big enough for one leathery old man!:p) Then have a teary hug and send off for Flair.

Taker will win. So will Mayweather.

No one really tickles my fancy for the MITB match. I'd be guessing it's a heel that wins since Taker and Cena will be champions at the end of the night. Probably Kennedy.

The others well... aside from the Battle Royal (always love them) nothing really excites me.

Pulse
19th March 2008, 12:13 PM
It seems like every time they have a non-rassler in a Mania match, that non-rassler has to win - you know, like a feel good moment.

But wouldn't heaps of people be totally stoked if Big Show smacked Mayweather around the ring & put him in his place? The fans would eat that up.

Did you hear about how Jeff Hardy's house burned down with his dog not being able to make it out alive? As a way of picking up Jeff's spirits, there's word floating around that he might be a suprise entrant in the MITB. Talk about throwing that 60 day suspension out the window.

Oh, & the Hornswoggle storyline is supposedly over. Good riddance!

Rampage
20th March 2008, 01:46 PM
Santino Marella stealing The King's subway on RAW was a crack up that dude is pure comedy gold

my Mania predictions:
Cena (BOOOO)
Taker by DQ (DOUBLE BOOO)
Michaels to retire Flair
Floyd 'The Microphone Train Wreck' Mayweather over Big Show
Kennedy or CM Punk wins MITB (Benjamin steals show as usual)
Finlay over JBL
Batista over Umaga (BOOOO AGAIN)
Kane to the win battle royal then wins ECW Title from chavo
Bunny Mania (who gives a rats ass hopefully Snoop will be entertaining cuz the match is gonna blow)

Soundwarp
21st March 2008, 09:31 AM
It's still 2 weeks away isn't it????

Pulse
21st March 2008, 03:03 PM
It's still 2 weeks away isn't it????

I guess it is :)

I guess Mania takes place at either the end of March or the beginning of April.

Oh, & I read in the Sydney Daily Telegraph Business Section today that Vince opened up their Asia-Pacific Office here in Sydney. Page 26 has a half page on it with a pic of Dave Batista slamming Umaga and I tried looking for the same story on the Tele's website (as a link) but there was nothing there.

Scattershot
24th March 2008, 05:08 PM
Mania is March 30th. Week from today. BRING IT ON!!!

My Mania predictions:
Cena but HHH PLEASE WIN THIS!!!
Taker, surely they wont ruin his 16-0 streak for Edge
Michaels to retire Flair
MM over Show via some sorta bull crap
Kennedy for MITB I hope!
Finlay over JBL
Batista over Umaga (They always make smackdown 'seem' like the best brand
who knows for battle royale
Maria will win bunny bull crap but should go to jillian cause she has bigger boobies...lol

Burn
25th March 2008, 05:33 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say HHH to win the title, otherwise Orton will keep it. I don't believe they'll put it back on Cena. I'm sure they haven't forgotten the hatred HHH generated when he wouldn't drop the title for so long, by the time Cena was injured he was generating the same amount of hatred.

Undertaker and Edge is a tough call. While everyone respects Taker's record, with Edge being so hot right now and definitely on his way to becoming a Hall of Famer himself I wouldn't be surprised to see Edge get the victory. However I still lean towards Undertaker winning and getting the title run he was set for before his last injury.

Michaels -vs- Flair seems a bit too predictable. With Flair being inducted into the HOF the night before all things point to him retiring at WM, that's why I would actually back Flair winning. I do like Pulse's idea of Flair winning then going on to capture the title. It'd be fitting ... but this is Vince's WWE.

Mayweather and Big Show is another predictable one. Sure, the $20 million paycheck may be part of the story line, but there's no way he would have signed for WM without guaranteeing he wins. Shame though, considering how they're building Big Show up at the moment.

Money in the Bank ... do we really care who wins? It'll be the match of the night. I expect Matt Hardy may step in to take Jeff's place.

All the rest I have little interest in. The battle royal sounds good, but it's going to have Big Daddy V and I simply cannot watch him, same with Batista, Umaga and JBL. They've becoming very boring to watch.

As for the Playboy Bunny match, normally you'd roll your eyes and use this match as a chance to grab a drink or nibblies. BUT ... Maria has actually come a long way since she started so it may actually be a match worth watching. At the end of the match though it'll be the eye candy of the moment (Maria), which is pretty much how the WWE books their Divas.

You want good women's matches? Watch TNA.

Now all I got to do is some how work out how to get an hour after next Monday afternoon so I can catch the replay ....

Pulse
25th March 2008, 10:48 PM
Money in the Bank ... do we really care who wins? It'll be the match of the night. I expect Matt Hardy may step in to take Jeff's place.

Now that would actually work. There are currently 7 guys scheduled for it so Matt Hardy would make 8.

Matt Hardy wins it, has a 1 & a half month feud with MVP, Jeff returns & wins the MITB briefcase from Matt. It would brother v brother. But then again both Hardys' are in the doghouse so... yeah.

I do like Pulse's idea of Flair winning then going on to capture the title. It'd be fitting ... but this is Vince's WWE.

I honestly hope that Kennedy wins MITB & takes Cena's title from him immediately after the Triple Threat. http://www.wwe.com/content/media/video/vms/raw/2008/march22-28/6708860?zone=raw_videos Flair should also win & takes on Kennedy for the belt at the next PPV. Flair should win the title & immediately retire - going out on top.

I reckon we would do a helluva lot better job of booking feuds/storylines than the cronies Vince has writing them at the moment.

Bartrim
26th March 2008, 09:54 AM
I reckon we would do a helluva lot better job of booking feuds/storylines than the cronies Vince has writing them at the moment.

Triple H is one of the bookers and I think it's good on him that he makes himself lose. Not like when Kevin Sullivan became a booker at WCW and all of a sudden he was indestructable.

Burn
26th March 2008, 04:25 PM
HHH went through his "unbeatable" period a few years back when he wouldn't drop the title to anyone.

Think he learnt from that and how it was really hurting the business. Same Vince didn't learn and kept the title on Cena for so long.

But if you want to see bad booking, try TNA. The feuds are all over the place with that group, titles defended on an irregular basis. The only good thing about TNA is the women's division as these girls can actually put on good matches.

Plus Amazing Kong scares the begeebus out of me. :eek:

Bartrim
27th March 2008, 08:14 AM
HHH went through his "unbeatable" period a few years back when he wouldn't drop the title to anyone.

Yeah but atleast Triple H was in good shape so it was kinda believable not like Kevin Sullivan a fat, balding 40 something slob beating guys at the peak of their careers.

Back on Raw. I'm pretty sure Flair will be retired at Wrestlemania. Making the champion submit in the main event on his final Raw is a good way to go out.

Burn
27th March 2008, 10:37 AM
Back on Raw. I'm pretty sure Flair will be retired at Wrestlemania. Making the champion submit in the main event on his final Raw is a good way to go out.

IF he loses at WM I just hope he can appear on Raw to give a farewell speech and that no one interrupts him and if they do, break character (i'm talking Vince and Orton in particular) and just pay him the respect he deserves.

Soundwarp
29th March 2008, 10:17 AM
God i can't wait for this........

As a devoted Undertaker fan for the last 20 odd years..........

If work some how screws me i am going to loose it.

Pulse
29th March 2008, 02:48 PM
Less than 2 days to go!!!

I'm throwing a sickie on Monday - Guaran-damn-teed!

This is the only Rasslin' PPV I get every year so I sure as hell hope it's a good one.

Soundwarp
30th March 2008, 02:22 PM
I'm going to see the one on at 6pm

Bartrim
30th March 2008, 05:40 PM
I'm not getting to see WM until thursday:(

Scattershot
30th March 2008, 06:15 PM
I'm going to try real hard to go to a friends house and watch the 6pm replay one. If not I'll just have to D/L it.

Burn
31st March 2008, 11:40 AM
Actually guys, replays are at 4:30pm and 9:30pm EDT.

Pulse
31st March 2008, 06:47 PM
I'm not gonna give any spoilers away/discuss it until every one of you guys have seen it (so as not to take anything away from your viewing experience).

Besides the Benoit thing, Rasslin also made the news today - for a positive reason. :D Unbelievable isn't it. I was watching Channel 10's news at 5pm & during the Sports section, they actually had video of Mayweather v Big Show. Wrestling on normal TV for a positive reason - I thought I'd never see the day...

Burn
1st April 2008, 05:04 PM
Except in America where they probably ran with the news about nearly 40 people being injured (not seriously) due to fireworks at the end.

Still, it was a good PPV. I was actually surprised by the Mayweather/Big Show fight, it turned out better than I expected.

Michaels and Flair was well done, especially the ending. Very emotional.

Triple Threat Match was well paced and I can live with the outcome.

Undertaker and Edge was a VERY good match. Very little outside interference and behind the ref dodgy stuff making it for the most part a clean well fought match.

Soundwarp
1st April 2008, 05:34 PM
OMG Shelton Benjaman is awesome!!!!

The sunset flip then through the ladder later!!!!!

Big ups to edge who was the best of the 2 on the night, it hurts to say it because i am a massive taker fan. But all in all Edge should have won because he was better.

Holy crap, HBK's ribs must be broken!

Pulse
1st April 2008, 11:21 PM
Let's go through the matches 1-by-1

A/ 24 Man Battle Royal = Pointless filler. Kinda glad we didn't have to sit through that.

B/ Bradshaw v Finlay = Token Hardcore Match. Good action but suprise victor.

C/ MITB = Shelton is freakin NUTS. Seriously popped for Matt Hardy. CM Punk winning it? Hopes he switches over to Raw sooner rather than later.

Hall of Fame - Class of 2008 = Very Well done. If you haven't already, you should definitely check out the vids on the website.

D/ Umaga v Batista = Slow, plodding Big Man's match. Dave screwed up the finish - kinda summed up the whole match for me.

E/ Chavo v Kane = DID NOT belong on PPV card. Went for toilet break only to find out match lasted a total of 4 seconds. Is Mania really the place for squash matches?

F/ HBK v Flair = Excellent way in which to finish Ric's in-ring career. (But honestly, will Ric stay retired? Savage lost a retirement match at Mania 7 & was back in the ring within a year)

G/ Divas match with Santino & Snoop(???) = Token divas match. (Why wasn't Mickey James wrestling Beth Phoenix for women's title?)

H/ Triple Threat = Very well put together match. (What's with the logic of keeping WWE title on heel champ at Mania? I just can't figure it out. I hope they've got something good planned in the future)

I/ Big Show v Mayweather = Reminded me of Rocky v Thunderlips from "Rocky III". Honestly, this match left a sour taste in my mouth. Why was it so obvious that Big Show was protecting Mayweather as much as possible? (Soft side-suplex, Big Show stepping on him when it was so obvious that Paul Wight shifted his weight as not to hurt him) Watching Mayweather use chair & Regal's gimmick against Big Show got me wondering "Why doesn't Big Show pick up a weapon & knock Mayweather into next week?"

J/ Taker v Edge = Awesome ending to the show. (Honestly, was this result ever in doubt?)

Overall, Very well put-together PPV.
I'd give it 8/10

Oh, & I heard tomorrow's Raw was one of the best tribute show's EVER. The last segment is extremely emotional & everyone throws Kayfabe out the window to honour Ric the way he should be. http://www.wwe.com/content/media/video/vms/raw/2008/april1-7/6786118?zone=_index

PS. I guess all my Mania predictions were wrong. Wayyyy Wrong. :p

Burn
4th April 2008, 10:16 AM
I know it's the WWE thread but people might still be interested.

Fox 8 is now going to air TNA Impact from April 5 at 10pm! :D

Scattershot
4th April 2008, 08:25 PM
I've finally been able to read this thread again after only just finishing watchin Mania tonight. Finally got it downloaded. Didnt end up watching it at mates house.

Gotta watch Raw now!

I think mania needed a Heel card too win. Last few all the faces seem to win. Makes it more believable if a lot of heels won there matches and sometimes the wrestlers who are heels deserve it. I thought it was a pretty good mania, was surprised not to see Vince on stage or somewhere throughout the night.

Pulse
6th April 2008, 12:42 PM
I know it's the WWE thread but people might still be interested.

Fox 8 is now going to air TNA Impact from April 5 at 10pm! :D

I was watching some of it last night, & honestly, there came a point where I just couldn't stomach it anymore. No wonder there are a tonne of marks out there who bag it out left, right & centre.

A couple of glaring negatives just stood right out to me:

1/ Do those 2 commentators ever stop yelling/talking?

2/ What is with those blatant rip offs of Savage & Stone Cold? Can't they think of their own characters? Why the hell is there a character called Sharkboy?

3/ Does every match have to end with some sort of run-in/interference? Does any match ever end clean?

4/ Those promos with Jim Cornette & Matt Morgan looked so scripted/forced/fake! Watching this drivel got me thinking that WWE's scripted promos actually seemed pretty good. :D

Burn
8th April 2008, 10:38 AM
All valid questions, and they all come back to who is writing for TNA.

Vince Russo.

'nuff said.

I do enjoy Impact though, for the simple reason it's different from WWE. It's a bit of variety and I get to see Booker T, not the annoying King Booker, just good ol Booker T.

And I find the "Knockouts" to be better looking and far more talented than the "Divas".

Pulse
8th April 2008, 10:51 AM
Burn, you're 100% right about the source of most of TNA's problems. Just why Vince Russo has a job with them is anyone's guess.

I was in my local Border's the other day & when I saw this in the rasslin' section:

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/Reviews/2005/11/10/forgiven_big.jpg

I started laughing to myself. :D So he's either

A/ Forgiven himself for screwing up rasslin'?
B/ Hoping the fans have forgiven him for screwing up rasslin'? or
C/ Hoping the big Guy upstairs has forgiven him for screwing up rasslin' & won't make him "burn in hell"?

"Forgiven"... yeah right.

Burn
8th April 2008, 12:19 PM
Poor Russo, some day he'll realise that he was only good as one half of the team that helped create the Attitude Era. It's clearly obvious that while he may have been a big contributing factor, having McMahon hovering over his shoulder guiding him certainly helped.

I remember the day I checked the wrestling "news" sites and the big announcement of him jumping to WCW and how him doing so would reinvigorate WCW and turn it around.

Yeah, that worked out so well.

Then TNA snapped him up. I like the product, but damn do they make some weird decisions.

Pulse
11th April 2008, 09:16 PM
Great non-kayfabe interview I stumbled across with Santino Marella.

http://www.miamiherald.com/675/story/490078.html

I didn't know anything about that Boogeyman/Jim Cornette/Santino slap thing before I read about it here.

Pulse
21st April 2008, 11:40 PM
You hardcore Rasslin' guys (like me :)) might like to see these vids from the Morton Downy Jr Show which cover a whole bunch of "wrestling scandals".

http://www.worldwrestlinginsanity.com/morton.htm

I'm only halfway through the first vid but I never knew this stuff even existed. It sure is interesting.

Pulse
22nd April 2008, 11:44 PM
You hardcore Rasslin' guys (like me :)) might like to see these vids from the Morton Downy Jr Show which cover a whole bunch of "wrestling scandals".

http://www.worldwrestlinginsanity.com/morton.htm

I'm only halfway through the first vid but I never knew this stuff even existed. It sure is interesting.

I just finished watching all 5 clips. Goddamn, it felt like a 45 minute shoot. Talk about "Yell-Speak" :D - Some of those guys are freaking nuts! For 1988, It seemed pretty full on. I'd definitely recommend you rasslin' guys watch these vids when you have the time. :)

Scattershot
24th April 2008, 07:02 PM
What did everyone think of KOTR? I was dissapointed. PRetty poorly done I thought, it used to be an awesome event. Raw was pretty dissapointing this week except for Barack and Hillary. I shuddered when i first saw it but it cracked me up big time. Was funny as.

Burn
24th April 2008, 11:01 PM
The Barrack and Hilarey match was pretty well done. More so if you compare it to the last "celebrity" match between Trump and O'Donnell. What made the match though was Bill, I laughed loud and I laughed hard when he tripped up Obama and you could hear him saying "I did not have illegal contact with that man". :p

Pulse
24th April 2008, 11:53 PM
So the only reason they decided to bring back KOTR was to give Regal a new gimmick? I guess with Booker gone, the King gimmick was up for grabs so... why not use it again? :rolleyes:

DearGod, it makes you realise just how low Vince will stoop for ratings. The Hillary/Barrack match was so cringeworthy but those 3 auto-cued speeches made me shake my head in disgust. :(

Vince can do a hell of a lot better than that...

Soundwarp
25th April 2008, 06:02 PM
Man I hate Shawn Michaels........

Ruining a good match!!!

Bartrim
3rd May 2008, 06:04 PM
So what did you guys think of Backlash?

I enjoyed the two last matches the best.

Slept through Kahli/Big Show.

The rest was ok. Although in his post match interview I thought Matt Hardy was going to have a stroke.

Pulse
3rd May 2008, 07:49 PM
I know it's a bit unrelated but I'm sure you guys heard that Samoa Joe beat Kurt for the title! :)

Even though it happened like 2 years too late - it still happened! Good on ya Joe - Here's hoping your title reign is a long one :D

Burn
12th May 2008, 02:56 PM
We probably should change the title of this thread now that TNA is available in Australia through Fox 8. At least then we can discuss it without some form of disclaimer. :p

Anyway, even though it's TNA related ( :p ) I just read the results for the Sacrifice PPV and it seemed like an extremely pathetic PPV.

For starters, gimmicks and stipulations galore.

The Tag Team Titles were to be decided between 8 teams. 4 were established (or somewhat established) teams while another 4 were to be thrown together at random. The random throw together now seems pointless to me as none of them won and the established teams went on to the next round with LAX eventually winning (good on them, they're a great team to watch)

The women's battle royal / makeover match. Once it came down to two they were to then battle 1 on 1 with a winner receiving a shot at the women's championship and the loser getting her head shaved.

On Impact they had an "immunity" match with the winner receiving immunity from the head shave. That was won by Gail Kim.

This was of course a pointless match as Gail Kim then went on to win the match and pick up a title shot while Roxxi LeVeux got her head shaved. What was the point of her winning immunity if she was going to win the match anyway? Are they THAT desperate to find a reason for the women to have matches on Impact?

The main event was suppose to be Kurt Angle -vs- Samoa Joe -vs- Scott Steiner. Unfortunately Angle has once again injured his neck and was unable to compete (a legit injury) and rather than leaving it as a 1 on 1 they decided that the winner of "Terrordome" match (which was nothing more than a generic X-Division match with the winner becoming #1 contender for the X-Division Title) would also get thrown into main event.

Is it any surprise then that reading the report there was apparently chants for "Fire Vince Russo"? Seriously, TNA is just over-doing it with the gimmicks and stipulations. Sure they want to create new and exciting matches, but there's nothing wrong with the good old fashioned ones either.

Pulse
12th May 2008, 03:22 PM
Maybe we should change the thread title to "WWE/TNA Discussion Thread" or something like that? Mods, please :)

Anyway, I also saw Impact on Saturday Night & it got me thinking...

"Why are 7 of their top guys (& that he-she Awesome Kong) being put into pointless tagteams? Haven't they got nothing better for them to do?"

Furthermore, what's with those 3 ridiculous gimmicks of Sharkboy, Curry Man?! & Super Eric?

Thank you Vince Russo for poisoning another rasslin' company - Job Well Done! :mad:

Burn
12th May 2008, 04:02 PM
Shark Boy was always suppose to be a jobber. Some where along the line he became popular and took one too many beat downs and is now Stone Cold Shark Boy.

Curry Man is suppose to be "on loan from Japan" but if you look close, same mannerisms as Christopher Daniels who was "fired" a few months back.

As for Super Eric ... I like Eric Young, he's a really entertaining character, but the Super Eric thing is just so unnecessary.

Like I said, TNA seems to be the home of gimmicks and stipulations. And you notice how many of them also have tags?

"The Icon" Sting
"The Instant Classic" Christian Cage
"The Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe
"Warmachine" Rhyno
"The Prince of Phenomenal" AJ Styles

Bartrim
13th May 2008, 08:56 AM
I think that TNA should invade wwe. That way we can have a tag team matchg of Shark Boy and Curry Man vs The Undertaker and Kane :P That is definitely a match I'd pay to watch :D

There arent many things in TNA that really interest me. I saw Kaz wrestle on a cheap card in Sydney a few years back and like him but I haven't seen much of him since TNA has been televised.

Oh and is The Canadian Destroyer one of the most awesome moves ever or what?:)

Burn
13th May 2008, 11:22 AM

One of these days i'll get around to watching it in slow motion, because it's just so quick it's hard to believe it's done.

One of my first experiences of TNA was seeing AJ Styles do his 450 off the top rope, and I thought THAT was amazing.

Pulse
13th May 2008, 11:33 AM

You mean this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abB-jz9e004

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YBs3I8kDuw

& then there are boneheads like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGUbCnSE-5I&feature=related :rolleyes:

This is why WWE says "Don't do it!" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0jcwvMsaSY&NR=1

What an awesome finisher! :eek:

roller
13th May 2008, 12:54 PM
hi guys its me Roller!!!

Burn
13th May 2008, 03:40 PM
Would you like a cookie? It's spam flavoured! :D

Pulse
13th May 2008, 04:20 PM
Roller, Are you a fan of Rasslin'? (as us folk 'round these parts call it ;))

roller
13th May 2008, 11:23 PM
No i dont know who rasslin is, i dont know alot of things

i saw the rasslin at the Easter show once

I want someone to knock anthony mundines head off though

Burn
14th May 2008, 11:31 AM
I want someone to knock anthony mundines head off though

Yes, that would be nice.

I'd settle for him facing someone that was on his level, not some pleeb ranked 20 places below him who even at their best would never be entitled to a title shot.

Bartrim
14th May 2008, 02:45 PM
Yes, that would be nice.

I'd settle for him facing someone that was on his level, not some pleeb ranked 20 places below him who even at their best would never be entitled to a title shot.

On a whole "bragging over people I know" note I actually know Sakio Bika (he was best man at a friends wedding, I have since met him a few times now and he's pretty cool) and he is dying to get Mundine in the ring. I think it was the NRL fan day Mundine was blowing his trumpet at Bika "I'm going to do this and I'm going to do that blah blah" Bika simply said "So are we going to fight?" and Mundine shut up. :D

Burn
14th May 2008, 06:18 PM
It's why I prefer wrestling over boxing.

Wrestling - You KNOW the outcome is fixed and when it comes to PPV's you're guaranteed 3-4 hours of entertainment (I use that word lightly) whereas boxing I firmly believe some of the outcomes are fixed (frankly most of Mundine's matches) and they can hype it for weeks and the fight can be over in 3 mins.

Scattershot
16th May 2008, 02:52 PM
Whats everyone think of Jeff Hardy's new intro music and Randy Ortons? I dont like Ortons but Hardy's is growing on me. Not as good as his old one though. Good for a change though for both of them.

Burn
16th May 2008, 04:33 PM
I like Hardy's, missed Orton's because I tend to be fast forwarding through the entrances so i'll catch it next week instead.

Pulse
23rd May 2008, 09:08 PM
Does anyone wanna have dinner with Kevin Nash? (http://cgi.ebay.com/HAVE-DINNER-WITH-KEVIN-NASH-THE-BIG-SEXY-TNA-WWE-WWF_W0QQitemZ170220966285QQihZ007QQcategoryZ2902QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Is Nash that broke to actually agree to do something like this? :D

Scattershot
23rd May 2008, 09:15 PM
hahahah thats pretty funny.

Anyone see Santino on Raw this week as "Roddy the Piper"? I was in stitches. So funny.

Pulse
30th May 2008, 08:00 PM
Does anyone wanna have dinner with Kevin Nash? (http://cgi.ebay.com/HAVE-DINNER-WITH-KEVIN-NASH-THE-BIG-SEXY-TNA-WWE-WWF_W0QQitemZ170220966285QQihZ007QQcategoryZ2902QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Is Nash that broke to actually agree to do something like this? :D

I happened to notice that no one actually bid on this :D.

Does that mean Kevin Nash isn't as popular as he thinks he is...? ;)

Soundwarp
3rd June 2008, 08:20 AM
So did anyone watch last night??

Soundwarp
3rd June 2008, 08:21 AM
SPOILER
Undertaker lost and is now banished????????

W T F ?

Pulse
3rd June 2008, 11:45 AM
SPOILER
Undertaker lost and is now banished????????

W T F ?

Yep, any stupid angle will do to give Taker some time off :rolleyes:. He's probably injured again or he asked Vince to have a breather...

Burn
3rd June 2008, 12:18 PM
Yeah but he could have waited until AFTER the Australian tour.

He was one of the main reasons i'm traveling from one end of the country to the other next week!

Soundwarp
3rd June 2008, 02:02 PM
This is crap.
He doesn't wrestle heaps so he can't be too sore.
Plus he had 4 bloody years off not that long ago

WWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

Scattershot
3rd June 2008, 07:04 PM
He must just need a break. Pretty dissapointing considering the tour starts late next week.

SPOILER BELOW!!!

At Leas THE GAME is still on top!!! WWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Pulse
4th June 2008, 12:08 AM
SPOILER BELOW!!!

At Leas THE GAME is still on top!!! WWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Back to the bad old days where Trips was the permament Champion... :(

Soundwarp
4th June 2008, 03:15 PM
OK the internet is saying that Taker needs some time off to deal with personal stuff.....

I don\'t think HHH will be too permanent

Bartrim
4th June 2008, 08:33 PM
Just thought I'd throw this question out there...

What is the earliest/first match you can remember watching?

I was discussing this withh my bro and some mates and we remembered some awesome matches.

For me I can't remember which came first US Express vs Dream Team for the tag team titles or Tito Santana Vs Greg "the Hammer" Valentine in a steel cage for the IC title. They were some good matches.

Pulse
4th June 2008, 08:58 PM
Hmm, I can't remember specific matches but I can recall watching tapes of PPV's like WM 2 & 3 and Survivor Series 87 (Whatever happened to the Heel Refs like Danny Davis?). Ahh, the good old days! :D

Oh, & do you guys recall Channel 9 (I think?) showing Mania in the late 80's? Or maybe I'm remembering things that didn't exist? :rolleyes::p

Burn
5th June 2008, 09:24 AM
I was late to the party. I knew about wrestling as a kid but never saw any until we got Austar about 10 years or so ago and even then I often forgot about it or didn't know when it was on.

I do remember "The Giant" Paul Wright losing a match in WCW and being fired and I thought "wow, poor guy". These were the days before I read wrestling "news" sites so I was surprised one day when I was watching Raw and "The Big Show" made his debut.

Pulse
5th June 2008, 03:34 PM
I do remember "The Giant" Paul Wright losing a match in WCW and being fired and I thought "wow, poor guy". These were the days before I read wrestling "news" sites so I was surprised one day when I was watching Raw and "The Big Show" made his debut.

Did you see that on Channel 9's "Wide World of Sports" which was shown in the days before the NWO?

Burn
5th June 2008, 03:54 PM
Nope. Caught it on Austar.

Scattershot
5th June 2008, 07:14 PM
i remember seeing in on WWOS on Sat arvos as a kid. Dont remember exact matches though.

Bartrim
5th June 2008, 09:22 PM
It used to on late on saturday nights. I remember missing alot because I fell asleep and my brother would tell me what happened. I was there for such classic moments as Danny Davis costing The Brittish Bulldogs the tag team titles, Paul Roma nearly winning the bodyslam Big John Stud competition and When The Killer Bees turned bad and started wearing masks... Ah the good ol' days:)

Rampage
6th June 2008, 05:43 PM
Hmm, I can't remember specific matches but I can recall watching tapes of PPV's like WM 2 & 3 and Survivor Series 87 (Whatever happened to the Heel Refs like Danny Davis?). Ahh, the good old days! :D

Oh, & do you guys recall Channel 9 (I think?) showing Mania in the late 80's? Or maybe I'm remembering things that didn't exist? :rolleyes::p

Channel 10 used to show WWF in the mid & late 80's anytime after 11pm on a Tuesday

I still have the 1989 Royal Rumble i taped from all that time ago

they showed Wrestlemania 2,3,4 & 5 on Ch 10

Bartrim
6th June 2008, 10:10 PM
I still have Royal Rumble 1990 that I taped off channel 10. I also have other vids that I bought when one of the local video store closed down including Survivor Series 1990 featuring the debut of... The Undertaker!!!! It also has some hilarious commentary from Roddy Piper.

My brothers missus is from New Zealand so he always hassles her by showing old footage of the Bushwhackers and saying they're her relations:D

Soundwarp
7th June 2008, 08:08 AM
What the hell......

I am so damm angry.

But tall the sites still say he needs time off, o don't care.

Bloody Batista is in the hunt and Smackdown is getting boring!

Bring on the draft.

Scattershot
7th June 2008, 08:29 AM
my pic is Y2j to Smackdown for the draft.

Soundwarp
9th June 2008, 03:14 PM
They need to do something better with Kane.......

RAW Champ i say!

Pulse
9th June 2008, 08:00 PM
They need to do something better with Kane.......

RAW Champ i say!

Has Glen Jacobs (aka Kane) done anything noteworthy in the past 5 years? :confused:

Scattershot
9th June 2008, 08:52 PM
Since he took off the mask nothing much has really happened. I was hoping for a storyline where he gets burnt and has to put it back on and goes back to the old school kane that was heaps better.

Soundwarp
10th June 2008, 03:46 PM
Has Glen Jacobs (aka Kane) done anything noteworthy in the past 5 years? :confused:

He was a bit of a crowd favourite for a little while.

Damm it they should write him in to it more, i think he has allways had potentioal because he can wrestle and he\'s huge!

Bartrim
10th June 2008, 03:53 PM
He was a bit of a crowd favourite for a little while.

Damm it they should write him in to it more, i think he has allways had potentioal because he can wrestle and he\'s huge!

I think he has pretty good charisma too. He can do comic relief really well. I'm not generally a fan of bigger wrestlers but I loved when he and Big Show were the tag team champs.

On a TNA note did anyone watch the last ppv? I really enjoyed Kaz vs Petey Williams (2 of the reasons I watch TNA). I honestly think that was one of the best matches I've seen in a long time.

Pulse
10th June 2008, 07:34 PM
On a TNA note did anyone watch the last ppv? I really enjoyed Kaz vs Petey Williams (2 of the reasons I watch TNA). I honestly think that was one of the best matches I've seen in a long time.

I've only ever watched one TNA ppv (Bound for Glory 2006) where Sting beat Jarrett for the belt. I haven't been tempted to pay for another one since then :rolleyes:.

I've read that this last ppv had a run-in in every match - & that the crowd only popped when this took place :(.

& that Lethal/So Cal Val/Dutt wedding thing? It will definitely be a lasting memory of Russo's time writing TNA storylines :D.

Burn
10th June 2008, 10:14 PM
& that Lethal/So Cal Val/Dutt wedding thing? It will definitely be a lasting memory of Russo's time writing TNA storylines :D.

Like, OMG! I never saw that coming! How could Sonjay do that to his best friend? How could Sonjay, the peaceful beautiful man that he is betray Jay like that? They're going to fight at the next PPV and it's going to be tragic! A friendship torn in two because of a woman!

... yeah, congratulations Russo, you probably just wrote the most predictable storyline in wrestling history there. ugh ....

Soundwarp
11th June 2008, 06:30 AM
Man TNA is on way too late for me to get into. But when i do get to see it i like how the wrestling feels more real.

Pulse
11th June 2008, 11:08 AM
Man TNA is on way too late for me to get into. But when i do get to see it i like how the wrestling feels more real.

You should ask your wife to record it for you.

Don't tell me Shark Boy, Curryman, Super Eric & the Announcers haven't disappointed you yet? :D

Soundwarp
11th June 2008, 12:09 PM
I'm waiting to get Foxtel HD+ then i can record it.

Bartrim
11th June 2008, 09:55 PM
Watched my first whole raw in along time tonight. I was wondering when Jericho was going to turn heel again.

It just seems lately that the main event tv show matches bore me.

I had a good laugh when Vince was on hold to "Never gonna give you up" by Rick Astley:D

Bartrim
11th June 2008, 09:59 PM
Don't tell me Shark Boy, Curryman, Super Eric & the Announcers haven't disappointed you yet? :D

Yeah TNA have guys like Shark Boy and Curryman and the announcers suck major but there are some talented guys. Kaz, Petey Williams, Motor City Machine Guns just to name a few are some impressive athletes.

Soundwarp
12th June 2008, 06:29 AM
Yeah it was an odd RAW.

Jericho has been headed this way for a few weeks.

Overall it bored me.

Oh i think HHH and Cena may actually be friends.....

Pulse
12th June 2008, 10:40 AM
What's going on with Cena & Mickie James? :D Ah, Cena the player... :rolleyes:

Didn't he also have a pash with Maria a couple of years ago? (Should've been me pashing Maria - being that both Pulse & Maria are Greeko's ;))

Soundwarp
12th June 2008, 04:50 PM
Maria is a whore, she was on that Aussie Joe show.

Pulse
12th June 2008, 07:07 PM
Maria is a whore, she was on that Aussie Joe show.

Eh, so what? :D It doesn't make her any less Hottttt!!! :D

Burn
24th June 2008, 03:38 PM
I just read the results for this year's draft.

Only one real shake-up, and quite frankly I think it's an absolutely stupid thing to do. Raw is so going to suck now. :(

Pulse
24th June 2008, 05:10 PM
I totally agree with you on this draft debacle - What a f#ck'n mess! (I guess we have a new A-Show... :()

Scattershot
26th June 2008, 02:17 PM
What the hell are they thinking! Just watched it. Wonder where there going with the vince storyline now...

Bartrim
26th June 2008, 02:54 PM
What the hell are they thinking! Just watched it. Wonder where there going with the vince storyline now...

Probably just an excuse so he doesn't have to give away anymore money.

Scattershot
26th June 2008, 03:47 PM
Did anyone see when he was giving away money with Khali? Man that was funny!

Burn
26th June 2008, 04:05 PM
Did anyone see when he was giving away money with Khali? Man that was funny!

It's disturbing when the highlight of the show is a crazed dickhead of an owner and an Indian screaming down the phone at you.

Heck, it's almost like being at work when I get a telemarketer calling.

Soundwarp
26th June 2008, 05:06 PM
It is getting stale!!

Burn
27th June 2008, 06:43 AM
That's what the draft's for each year. Switch people around so there are different feuds and stuff.

What Vince doesn't realise though it's that HE needs to be switched ... with nobody! The whole crazy billionaire owner thing has gotten old but his ego blinds him to it.

Soundwarp
27th June 2008, 08:52 AM
I know why it's stale...........

NO DAMM UNDERTAKER!

Scattershot
27th June 2008, 09:01 AM
Maybe they are going to swap the titles from one brand to another. Triple H keep the title on Smackdown and Batistas wins the title off edge and take it to Raw.

Burn
27th June 2008, 10:00 AM
Or the other way around, Cena wins and Edge retains.

I think however it'll be HHH retaining and Batista winning. Trouble is though, whoever has the title on Raw, be it Batista or Cena, they're both going to be faces so someone's either going to turn heel or drop out of the title hunt.

I think I might get Night of Champions, the concept interests me and I think there could be some good matches.

Scattershot
27th June 2008, 10:25 AM
I'd say HHH will be turning heel. Make sense for Batista to win and start a feud with Y2j along the line too.

Pulse
27th June 2008, 11:21 AM
I hope they sort this mess out :(.

With Cole the Schmole (What? :D) commentating on Raw, it's gonna be unwatchable :(. & I haven't watched a full episode of Smackdown in months (You can tell that it's the B-Show).

I know TNA can be downright terrible at times but it's sure looking more appealing every day now :rolleyes:.

Burn
27th June 2008, 11:26 AM
I don't mind Cole, I think he does a pretty good job. What I feel lets him down though is the numerous jabs the wrestlers take at him which has probably hurt his credibility.

Trouble with HHH turning heel, who's he going to feud with? Edge? Unless they plan to turn Edge face and have HHH take Vicky's side I can't see Edge turning any time soon.

HHH staying face and feuding with "La Familia" I feel is pretty much a given.

Bartrim
27th June 2008, 12:49 PM
I think HHH has achieved The Rock status. People will always cheer him now. Even when The Rock tried to go heel against Goldberg it didn't work because he still had a huge fan base.

Scattershot
27th June 2008, 01:26 PM
Yeah your right. I still love him, maybe even more so as a heel. He's THAT DAMN GOOD! lol!

Soundwarp
28th June 2008, 02:45 PM
OMG Edge vs Matt Hardy was a freking awesome match!!!!!

It really has kept me going in the boringness of the WWE at present.

Man i pray for HHH and Batista to have the titles.

Then Taker vs HHH for a year!

Burn
28th June 2008, 04:44 PM
OMG Edge vs Matt Hardy was a freking awesome match!!!!!

Yes it was. It's such a shame their feuding history has been tainted by the whole Matt/Edge/Lita storyline. But the next time those two feud i'm hoping Edge will have ditched "La Familia" and it'll just be those two one on one.

And then one challenges the other for a TLC match at a PPV and their told to bring a partner. Matt of course grabs Jeff, and hopefully, Edge, will grab a returning Christian.

I can dream ....

Soundwarp
28th June 2008, 05:52 PM
Yes it was. It's such a shame their feuding history has been tainted by the whole Matt/Edge/Lita storyline. But the next time those two feud i'm hoping Edge will have ditched "La Familia" and it'll just be those two one on one.

And then one challenges the other for a TLC match at a PPV and their told to bring a partner. Matt of course grabs Jeff, and hopefully, Edge, will grab a returning Christian.

I can dream ....

Dude you do know that it wasn't just a story line???
Lita is a (Hot) Whore!

Pulse
28th June 2008, 06:57 PM
Yeah but don't cha know... Real-life squabbles often develop in the best rasslin storylines! :D

Burn
28th June 2008, 10:26 PM
A storyline is a storyline regardless of if it's fact or fiction. I was well aware that it was based on the real life dramas.

That's why I hated it more. Amy Dumas in general is a pretty good woman, she made a mistake, and Vince chose to exploit it all. You could see many times she wasn't comfortable doing it. That's what irked me the most, it was just blatant exploitation on Vince's part.

Bartrim
28th June 2008, 11:45 PM
That's why I hated it more. Amy Dumas in general is a pretty good woman, she made a mistake, and Vince chose to exploit it all. You could see many times she wasn't comfortable doing it. That's what irked me the most, it was just blatant exploitation on Vince's part.

Isn't that part of the reason she left? She was copping abuse down the street?

Pulse
28th June 2008, 11:59 PM
That's what happens when the Smarks find out everything about everything to do with the business. When the rasslers personal & in-ring lives become one. It can get too much for them...

Hell, If you were a pro wrestler, Would you want the Smarks to know absolutely everything about your life? I can totally understand why Amy Dumas decided she'd had enough... :rolleyes:

Burn
29th June 2008, 08:54 AM
And it is a shame because you've got people like Lita and Molly Holly, two of the best female wrestlers (imo) who just decided they'd had enough.

I think Lita left on pretty good terms so i'm hoping she returns some day, same with Molly Holly. Not to fault some of the women wrestling today (Beth, Melina, Mickey) but there seems to be few of them who have worked their way up from the independant circuit and are more just rejected bimbos from some stupid search contest.

Like i've said before ... TNA, at least the women wrestlers there are genuine and worked their way up from the indys.

Soundwarp
29th June 2008, 09:41 AM
A storyline is a storyline regardless of if it's fact or fiction. I was well aware that it was based on the real life dramas.

Whoa..........

No offence mate.........

Any woman that cheats is a whore IMO.

But i totally agree about Vince exploiting it.

Pulse
29th June 2008, 12:40 PM
Like i've said before ... TNA, at least the women wrestlers there are genuine and worked their way up from the indys.

I thought they "picked them out randomly from the crowd" to face Awesome Kong... :rolleyes::D

Burn
29th June 2008, 01:26 PM
No offence mate.........

Came off the wrong way then didn't I? Sorry 'bout that. Posting when tired ... really should know better.

I thought they "picked them out randomly from the crowd" to face Awesome Kong... :rolleyes::D

I forgot to watch it again. I've set an alarm on my phone now.

Soundwarp
30th June 2008, 08:13 PM
Night of champions:

SPOILERS:

Mizz and Morrison win

However Finley had a great match and Hornswoggle showed that he actually can wrestle, was a shame

Mark Henry wins

Kane was the best performer in the "Omg they are huge" match

Ted Dibiase and CODY RHODES win

Yep Cody did the dirty on Bob Holly and switched sides, it was pathetic but they could go very far as tag team champs.

Matt Hardy wins

He beat Chavo in what was a decent match

Kofe Kingston wins

Kofe had a great match against Chris Jericho but to make it seem unfair Chris was distracted by Shawn Michaels

Womens champ remains (Boring)

Edge wins

OK we all knew that La Familia was going to ruin this and they did at the very last moment, i really wish Edge would ditch this shit as i feel he is a damm good wrestler.

HHH wins

OK this was an OK match but they kept referring to it as a match to be remembered, well not that good.

Bartrim
30th June 2008, 08:32 PM

and they conveniently carry gloves and mouthguards;):rolleyes:

Pulse
30th June 2008, 11:28 PM
and they conveniently carry gloves and mouthguards;):rolleyes:

They must think us Smarks will believe anything... :rolleyes:

Burn
1st July 2008, 10:40 AM
I ordered Night of Champions because I liked the concept, and while I knew it was coming, I still wanted to see Rhodes turn on Holly.

I was surprised by the PPV though as there were a number of good matches.

The ECW Championship match was a surprise. I expected slow and lumbering but all three turned on the speed with the ending seeing Mark Henry run across the ring, launch himself into the air (never thought he could get that high) and splash down onto Kane for the win.

Edge of course put on a great match, shame it was against Batista and La Familia had to get involved.

I wouldn't have called the women's match boring, as it was good to watch two women who were NOT a by-product of the Diva Search put on a pretty good match.

All in all it was a pretty good PPV. Now to see which poor bastard ends up stripped of their title so it can be sent to Raw.

Scattershot
1st July 2008, 05:44 PM
Im pretty happy with the results. I thought Edge would lose though . Be interesting to see what they do with 2 champs on one show now.

Pulse
2nd July 2008, 12:25 AM
Im pretty happy with the results. I thought Edge would lose though . Be interesting to see what they do with 2 champs on one show now.

You won't have to wait long to find out - It's an absolute corker of a Raw &... We get a New Champ! :D

Soundwarp
3rd July 2008, 08:24 AM
OMG RAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Bartrim
3rd July 2008, 08:41 AM
That Raw was very well done. I loved the start.:D

Punk wins ! Punk wins ! Punk wins!

Burn
3rd July 2008, 09:14 AM
So if the rumours are true about Shane having more control, I think this week's Raw just firms up that rumour. It just looked and felt different and I actually didn't fast forward through much of it!

Pulse
3rd July 2008, 10:44 AM
I know someone who's gonna make a mess on themselves :eek: (They're one of the biggest CM Punk Mark's there is :D)

Soundwarp
3rd July 2008, 12:25 PM
So if the rumours are true about Shane having more control, I think this week's Raw just firms up that rumour. It just looked and felt different and I actually didn't fast forward through much of it!

Mate i totally agree, i was in absolute shock. They need to do it on Smackdown too.

BUT O M G Punk wins, Punk wins, Punk wins!!!!!!

A M A Z I N G !

Burn
3rd July 2008, 12:51 PM
I think Smackdown will be good this week. If they adopt the Shane approach (who is apparently favouring athleticism over big and powerful) combined with Edge going ballistic over his loss ... well there's only one thing he can do and that's to go after HHH.

Yes ... should be good viewing indeed. :cool:

Bartrim
3rd July 2008, 10:09 PM
Good to see that Jamacian fella (Kingston?) finally getting a push. WWE finally competing with TNA for my viewing preference. I'm enjoying the X-Division world cup. Although I was incredibly let down when I saw team TNA Kaz (Yay, my personal fav) The Motor City Machine Guns (Yay, my fav tag team on both WWE and TNA) and Curry Man (WTFH!!!!!!:mad:)

Did anyone see Alex Koslov's Cossak Kick? That was hilarious:D

Soundwarp
4th July 2008, 03:15 PM
Woo hoo Smackdown is on in 15 minutes :D

Scattershot
4th July 2008, 05:13 PM
WOW! Raw was awesome. Got to watch it last night. Best Raw in ages!!! Bring on Smackdown!

Soundwarp
4th July 2008, 07:42 PM
Man Jeff Hardy vs Morrison was a damm good idea.
They are both tiny but damm i like watching them.

HHH Was hilirious, hinting to Vicky about getting married in a drive through like he did to Stephanie...

It was one of the funniest dialogs i have ever heard!

Burn
4th July 2008, 09:55 PM
Yeah, first time in a long time that i've enjoyed Smackdown.

Guess I was wrong about a HHH/La Familia feud ... unless of course it's just one big setup, but damn I love seeing Edge psycho and pissed off.

Bartrim
5th July 2008, 05:58 PM
HHH Was hilirious, hinting to Vicky about getting married in a drive through like he did to Stephanie...

It was one of the funniest dialogs i have ever heard!

I forgot to comment on it the other week but on raw when HHH said to Cena "By the time our match is on all your fans will be in bed" (or something along those lines) I laughed so hard. I thought that was one the best lines I ever heard.

Although for me the best dialouge I feel to date was when Chris Jericho pointed out Stephanie McMahon's breast implants a few years back. Even today my friends and I laugh about it.

Burn
5th July 2008, 10:53 PM
I actually remembered TNA was on tonight (though it's currently taping so I can fast forward through all the crap tomorrow) and during an ad break I did some channel surfing.

And I came across IWA on Aurora. Started at 10pm and only runs for half an hour, but it's independant Australian wrestling. Definitely a change from the likes of WWE and TNA.

So if you get Aurora, check it out sometime and support the local industry!

Soundwarp
12th July 2008, 08:11 AM
Smackdown actually bored me :(

Bartrim
13th July 2008, 04:18 PM
I see TNA are doing the Sting in the rafters thing... Only 12-14 years after WCW:rolleyes:

Pulse
13th July 2008, 04:36 PM
Speaking of TNA, Did you see that Knockout's Title Change? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmL84PNYUYc) I actually enjoyed it! :)

(Maybe it's because Taylor Wilde is Hottttt! :D)

Bartrim
13th July 2008, 05:56 PM
Speaking of TNA, Did you see that Knockout's Title Change? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmL84PNYUYc) I actually enjoyed it! :)

(Maybe it's because Taylor Wilde is Hottttt! :D)

Well she's better looking then Awesome Kong:p

Burn
13th July 2008, 06:18 PM
Dare you to say that to Kong's face!
Besides, ODB's hotter.

Soundwarp
14th July 2008, 06:28 AM
OMG you 2, EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Bartrim
14th July 2008, 01:31 PM
OMG you 2, EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Come on Warps you know you would if you had the chance ;) :p

Pulse
14th July 2008, 04:45 PM
I can tell Dirge has been teaching you guys a thing or two about "weirding people out"... :D

Pulse
16th July 2008, 11:24 AM
I found this article through PWTorch & it had me in stitches :D

Match fixings: Should we still watch sports? (http://www.merinews.com/catFull.jsp?articleID=137617)

It assumes Indian Wrestling fans still aren't clued into the fact that 'rassling has been predetermined since it's Carnival days... :rolleyes:

What about the drivel regarding Khali?

"Many believe that even the fights in World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) are fixed and the great Indian Khali lost his bout because there was a huge amount at risk from the Indian fans who were sure of Khali’s victory in the WWE competition going on in America, but the result went against the wishes of Indian fans and Khali lost the fight in the ring."

Just how dumb does the Writer think Indian Wrestling fans are? :D

Burn
16th July 2008, 12:35 PM
Just how dumb does the Writer think Indian Wrestling fans are? :D

Everybody knows Indian's are bloody smart! Heck, they can save you so much on your phone bill!

Soundwarp
19th July 2008, 10:15 AM
Smackdown was Disgusting!

I pay to watch WRESTLING but there was more than 1/4 of the show taken up with Edge and Vicky crap!

How is it Wrestling entertainment if they just talk crap!

The Hardy boys vs each other was interupted for the bs that is edge and vicky..

Nearly had enough of this crap from WWE!

Pulse
19th July 2008, 12:30 PM
TNA's on tonight... ;)

Soundwarp
19th July 2008, 03:20 PM
If i'm awake i will be watching it, i really am peeved off at WWE!

Burn
19th July 2008, 07:03 PM
It was VERY disappointing considering the change in direction the WWE seemed to have taken in the last few weeks, it's almost like Vince had his accident, used it as an excuse to take a holiday, left Shane in charge, and now the holiday is over and Vince is back in control again.

I get by in the hope that they just HAD to do this week's Smackdown to try to wrap up the Edge/Vickie storyline so they can get moving seriously in the new direction.

Pulse
20th July 2008, 01:33 AM
Hopefully there is a new direction... ;)

Hell, they took a chance on Punk so wouldn't it be cool if they took a chance on...

Kennedy! Kennedy! :D

Soundwarp
20th July 2008, 08:28 AM
Bring on the Ministry :D

Burn
20th July 2008, 10:56 AM
Hell, they took a chance on Punk

Have they? As much as i'd like to believe that this is the way I see it.

Punk wasn't the first choice for Money in the Bank, Jeff Hardy was, but he went and got suspended.

Everybody expected at least ONE champ to lose at Night of Champions so that there'd be a title on each show. But it didn't happen.

Instead, MITB comes into play and after a quick win, Punk is champ. And who's first up to the plate? Batista.

I won't be surprised to see Batista win the title. I like Punk, I do, I just doubt the WWE having faith in him and also know how much they think Batista is the greatest thing since John Cena. Punk was just used as an avenue to fool us at Night of Champions and to set up a quick title change.

Once Batista wins the title I expect to see him feud with Kane ... Jacob ... Mask wearing Kane ... whichever personality Kane doesn't know is dead or alive. :p

Pulse
20th July 2008, 01:41 PM
I've read quite a few comparisons between the decision to make Bret Hart champ back in the early 90's & Punk's reign today (Hopefully it won't be that short of a reign... :rolleyes:) in that back then, they had the roid scandal so they decided to put the belt on an "average looking" guy (Hart).

After the roid thing with Benoit, word is they wanted to get away from the "overly muscled guys" (Cena, Batista & Lashley) & push a guy with a more "normal physique" - & that's where Punk gets a chance :).

I hope they don't book Punk's title reign in the same way in which they booked Mysterio's run (ie. getting pummeled during the match & somehow pulling off a fluke victory at the end)... :rolleyes:

I can't stand it when they book a champion to keep winning by fluke... :(

Burn
20th July 2008, 01:49 PM
Stuff I read had Vince taking more of a backseat and Shane taking more control. It's no secret Vince loves the bigger guys whereas Shane is more about athleticism.

Soundwarp
20th July 2008, 07:29 PM
Man i just jioned WWEnation after my recent anger and i'm getting some great threads over there.

Bartrim
23rd July 2008, 09:18 PM
Saw a little bit of Raw. I like the Kofi Kingston/Paul Burchill fued. Naturally I'm loving Santino's open challenges. The bit with Beth Phoenix was funny and D-Lo Brown was a nice surprise.

Soundwarp
24th July 2008, 06:32 AM
D LO BROWN ! ! ! !

OMG i had some mad flash backs when i heard his music, he is carrying a bit too much weight but he's still got it.

Burn
24th July 2008, 06:48 PM
Saw a little bit of Raw. I like the Kofi Kingston/Paul Burchill fued. Naturally I'm loving Santino's open challenges. The bit with Beth Phoenix was funny and D-Lo Brown was a nice surprise.

I'm becoming a big fan of Santino. The guy has so much damn character, and I can see this little program with Beth being great for her as we actually saw some personality with her in that little segment instead of her being nothing more than Chyna2.

Scattershot
24th July 2008, 07:14 PM
Santinos hilarious, I cant stop laughing whenever he walks out. Even his body language is hilarious. Got to be up there with my fav superstars atm.

and yeah D LO BROWN! What a cool surprise. I went off. I love when good ol superstars make surprise returns. Great fun. His music intro was always good too.

Soundwarp
24th July 2008, 08:18 PM
Man ECW should be stripped of the E!!

I do like the look of the new title but it's just not what it was :(

Bartrim
25th July 2008, 09:14 PM
Takers Back !!!!! Yeah baby!!!

Soundwarp
26th July 2008, 07:35 AM
WOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

But Khali vs HHH, stupid!

Soundwarp
31st July 2008, 06:46 AM
OMG the new GM is so lame, monotone boring jerk!

Pulse
31st July 2008, 11:29 AM
In a way, They may have made a good choice with Adamle...

The reason being - he's probably the genuinely most-hated person in all of wwe (It's pretty obvious that he's not even a wrestling fan :rolleyes:)

Wrestling Fans passionately hate his guts - which means he'll be one of the most hated heel GM's in all of wwe history!
(As long as he can take a bump, this might actually work :))

Bartrim
31st July 2008, 11:49 AM
I missed raw. Who is GM?

Pulse
31st July 2008, 12:04 PM
This moron (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mike+adamle&search_type=&aq=0&oq=mike+adam)

Bartrim
31st July 2008, 12:36 PM
Oh they are kidding right?

Scattershot
31st July 2008, 06:29 PM
I thought it was a big dissapointment. Oh well...

Burn
31st July 2008, 09:24 PM
If only it were Shane ...

... or even JBL ...

... or even the bloke in the third row with the Hogan t-shirt ...

... or even Howard Finkel ...

... or even Mae Young ...

Bartrim
31st July 2008, 10:25 PM
Bring back Bischoff!!!

Soundwarp
1st August 2008, 02:51 PM
If only it were Shane ...

Bring back Bischoff!!!

Totally agree with both of you!

Rampage
1st August 2008, 03:08 PM
In a way, They may have made a good choice with Adamle...

The reason being - he's probably the genuinely most-hated person in all of wwe (It's pretty obvious that he's not even a wrestling fan :rolleyes:)

Wrestling Fans passionately hate his guts - which means he'll be one of the most hated heel GM's in all of wwe history!
(As long as he can take a bump, this might actually work :))

at least he has some valid sports credentials being a former NFL running back in the 70's albeit a very average one (1149 yds,4 TD's & 12 fumbles:eek: in 6 years)

hopefully he gets dropped on his ass sooner rather than later

Scattershot
1st August 2008, 07:13 PM
Bischoff! Hell yeah... Bring him back, i love the guy.

Soundwarp
1st August 2008, 08:10 PM
OMG thank you Mick Foley, i 100% agree with Foley!

Burn
1st August 2008, 09:16 PM
You know what would have capped off Smackdown?

Foley laying there looking up at Edge, then giving him the big thumbs up.

Hopefully this'll mean a more hardcore serious stand on his own Edge.

Soundwarp
2nd August 2008, 05:52 PM
You know what would have capped off Smackdown?

Foley laying there looking up at Edge, then giving him the big thumbs up.

Hopefully this'll mean a more hardcore serious stand on his own Edge.

Quoted for the truth!!!!

roller
2nd August 2008, 08:23 PM
as a going away present from my Sydney friend he bought me a wrestleing toy

it looks like Amy Winehouse but its name is Aerial

her clothes come off :D

Pulse
2nd August 2008, 09:31 PM
as a going away present from my Sydney friend he bought me a wrestling toy

it looks like Amy Winehouse but its name is Ariel

her clothes come off :D

just like real life... (google her real name :rolleyes:)

Bartrim
4th August 2008, 10:11 AM
TNA WTF?!?!?!?
Who ends a show with a chicks match?

Pulse
4th August 2008, 11:11 AM
& the Cheshire Cat smirks at you from above...

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/v/vincerusso/03.jpg

We'll get you Russo, We'll get you...

You will pay for your crimes of stupidity to the wrestling community...

Quoting Samuel L. Jackson
"And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers"

:D

Bartrim
4th August 2008, 03:11 PM
& the Cheshire Cat smirks at you from above...

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/v/vincerusso/03.jpg

We'll get you Russo, We'll get you...

You will pay for your crimes of stupidity to the wrestling community...

Quoting Samuel L. Jackson
"And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers"

Why is it everytime I see a picture of him on my computer I want to punch the screen?

Burn
4th August 2008, 07:04 PM
You know, my sister catches bits of the wrestling here and there but she knows all about the TNA Women's Division.

She completely and utterly hates Taylor Rain. Because in her words "that skinny skanky blonde bimbo should never have been able to beat Amazing Kong! Who writes this shit?"

My response.

"Vince Russo. I've told you before, everything that's wrong about wrestling, it's all Vince Russo's fault".

:p

roller
5th August 2008, 05:12 PM
Taylor Rain. .

:p

is that the same person as the adult film 'actress' ?

Burn
5th August 2008, 06:23 PM
I wouldn't know, I don't watch such films.

Honest.

Get out of my "Stuff" folder!

Pulse
5th August 2008, 07:46 PM
ROFL :D

Oh you mean Shantelle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shantelle_Taylor) Taylor (http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/profiles/s/shantelle-taylor.php)...

Now she's a stunner :)

Burn
6th August 2008, 08:58 PM
Wow. I honestly don't know where to begin with Raw.

But however I start, it begins with criticising the new "leadership" of Mike Adamle.

Bloody awful. One way to describe this week's Raw.

It started off with Adamle giving a big speech, crap about how people didn't accept him ... dunno what came after that because I hit the fast forward button, he was just that damn boring.

And what do we have? Why it's the first "Adamle Original" for the night! JBL and Jericho in a handicap match against CM Punk. If either wins they get a title shot, if Punk wins, neither gets a shot. Yeah, that's been done before Adamle.

Two title matches in a row which achieved what? To kill off the Kofi/Mickey fued with the Burchill's and have Rome and Juliet put into the title hunt instead, with another "Adamle Original"! Yeah, this burgoning romance between Marello and Phoenix will fizzle with Adamle around.

By the end of Raw one thing had become apparent. Adamle's style of "leadership" (yes, I realise he's not actually in charge and he's just a puppet) seems to consist of using various gimmicks in matches.

Hey Mike! Jim Cornette called! He thanks you for copying him and that it's nice to see someone from the WWE is watching TNA!

Oh look, Matt Striker's making his first appearance on Raw. Obvious where this one is headed. So whoever "he" is is apparently dead. Could that be the end of Kane's newest storyline? Oh well, it looks like Adamle's reign on Raw will be short lived as he's going to confront Kane next week.

Then there was the main event. What a crock of poop. For starters the whole Batista -vs- Cena thing is apparenly an Adamle Original as well. Yeah, great idea. Put two of the biggest names in WWE in a match against each other and have them headline Summerslam.

Let's see ... headline match of a PPV ... roughly 10pm in the US when it will start. Yep, there's 90% of Cena and Batista's fanbase already in bed!

Back to the match, wahey! Just when we thought they were going somewhere with the tag team division .... they piss all over it too.

Remember the last days of WCW when Vince Russo was in charge? Raw reminded me of that with Adamle in charge. If this guy lasts six months i'll be very surprised. Frankly I think this might be Vince's way of getting Adamle out of his paid-too-much contract by making him into the worst WWE personality in history.

Pulse
6th August 2008, 11:44 PM
You'd have to agree that for someone who only recently go into the rasslin' business, Adamle has become the genuinely most hated person in record time... :rolleyes:

How long do you reckon before he gets a...

http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/20040722/vince_85612.jpg "YOU'RE FIRED!"

Soundwarp
7th August 2008, 06:41 AM
I though RAW was ok............