PDA

View Full Version : April Hasbro Questions - open until previous submissions are returned.

griffin
1st March 2009, 04:10 PM
April submission - 12 questions to Hasbro by the 1st April, so please post your questions by the 24th March (to give me enough time to sort and check out the best ones, and to converse with anyone who posted something that needs or could be reworded).

Make sure you read the 'Rules' posting before you post your questions.

The various questions that didn't make previous months will also be considered.

UPDATE - as mentioned in a posting further on, I'll only be submitting more questions when previous submissions are returned. There's no point in overwhelming them with multiple batches of questions, and no point in getting your hopes up with your new questions if we aren't getting any answers from previous questions.

max_exsplosion
2nd March 2009, 02:25 AM
Will there ever be more classicg1 dinbots made?

i_amtrunks
2nd March 2009, 09:37 AM
Will the Animated Activators concept be rolled out to other Transformers lines in the future, or will the scout class of figures be returning and taking prominence?

jaydisc
2nd March 2009, 11:45 AM
Does Hasbro have any data as to what percent of the Transformer market is adults (collectors) vs. children?

Tommy K
3rd March 2009, 04:15 PM
i noticed there were ahsoka and kit fisto star wars transformers coming out, so i was wondering, will there be other jedi transformers like mace windu and plo koon transformers?

Gutsman Heavy
3rd March 2009, 04:44 PM
I think there already is a Mace Windu, not sure about the awesome Plo Koon

Paulbot
3rd March 2009, 10:16 PM
i noticed there were ahsoka and kit fisto star wars transformers coming out, so i was wondering, will there be other jedi transformers like mace windu and plo koon transformers?

And people complain about Transformer names! :p

Golden Phoenix
4th March 2009, 06:12 PM

There is an Episode 3 Jedi Starfighter mould of Mace Windu.
Plo Koon is being released, I think in the next wave or the one after it

Sky Shadow
4th March 2009, 10:33 PM
Does Hasbro have any data as to what percent of the Transformer market is adults (collectors) vs. children?

Coincidentally, I read something about this on TFWiki today:

"No accurate figures exist on the collector/children ratio, but estimates mentioned at BotCon panels range from around 10% to 20% of all purchases coming from older collectors—enough to be worth listening to, but not at all the driving force behind the brand."

d*r*j*
5th March 2009, 03:54 PM
1. Was Ultimate Bumblebee imported into the country in much greater numbers than most of the other transformers from the movie line?

2. Would the exclusion of the dvd from 25th Prime be in order to maintain an attractive pricepoint (less than $100).

GoktimusPrime
9th March 2009, 06:45 PM
Will Australia be skipping/missing any Transformers Animated toys?

RE:

Hey Guys,
Not a sighting but some news about Shockwave, spoke with Paul over at Figuresdirect last night this what he had to say:

"In checking a product list that I have from Hasbro before sending this email I noticed that there are NO Voyager assortments due for release here in Australia for the first four months of 2009.

With that I mind, I have the feeling that we’re most likely not going to see Shockwave or any future Voyager Animated TFs in Australia due to the fact that the movie line is due very soon and I suspect Hasbro Australia will put all their effort into that particular line."

Paul definitely seems to be on the money, does it strike anyone as odd that we have gotten all the deluxes that came out after Shockwave in the US before our release of Shockwave.
Plus consider the rumoured cancellation of the Animated show combined with Rumours of running down the production of Animated figures, deluxes sell best that is why that is probably why that is all we are seeing.

I am off to buy Shockwave from Ebay and pay some hideous price for him.

swoop
9th March 2009, 08:14 PM
Will australia be getting the new 6 inch titanium figures?
Also I'm not sure if this has been asked before but how long is the movis line expected to run?

sifun
11th March 2009, 02:23 PM
We want more takara exlusives at target. Please?

swoop
12th March 2009, 10:46 PM
Is there still going to be a second wave of universe special editions and if so when will they be released?

Adzma
15th March 2009, 07:08 PM
Is it possible we will see more combiners in the Universe line after Revenge of the Fallen has died down? Possibly the Stunticons or Constructicons?

GoktimusPrime
15th March 2009, 08:49 PM
(that _aren't_ repaints of existing moulds. ;))

Wheel-J
17th March 2009, 08:04 AM
Will there be a Transformers Animated DVD Pack for all three seasons? If so, are there plans on putting some extra gimmick on the packaging (i.e., a comic or an exclusive-to-DVD toy figure - maybe a legend/activator/deluxe-sized toy)?

Tetsuwan Convoy
18th March 2009, 01:27 PM
What considerations are taken in regards to whether a TF is packaged in robot mode or vehicle mode? For example, voyagers Animated Wreck-Gar and Classics Optimus looked very small in the box and might be deemed as not good value for money, whereas if they were in robot mode, they would appear to take up more room and therefore be seen as more toy for dollar and int he mind of the buyer better value for money.

Wreck-gar could stand in a vertical box if need be.

Can roller have some free toys?:D:p

roller
18th March 2009, 07:04 PM
Can roller have some free toys?:D:p

attaboy!!! :)

Q:Are there any plans to repackage, perhaps with flashy new animation inserts, any old "Animated" cartoons? and sell them as new cartoons? Like was done with the final season of G1 and the Generation 2 tv series

griffin
19th March 2009, 03:03 AM
Don't want to put too much of a dampner on things here, but due to Hasbro being 3 months behind on their answers, I will only be sending in a new submission after we start getting answers to previous submissions. It isn't fair to have you guys continue posting your questions, if it doesn't look like they are going to be answered. Or if they do, they take 3 months to be answered. If Hasbro AUS Customer Service are being swamped by more important things, then there's no point in me adding to their workload with more submissions that are going to be shelved until they clear out the backlog.

So you can keep posting your questions as you think of them, but be aware that I will only send in a month's submission after we get the previous months' submission returned to us.

jaydisc
19th March 2009, 08:27 AM
Maybe they lost them again :rolleyes:

Tetsuwan Convoy
20th March 2009, 12:43 AM
Maybe they lost them again :rolleyes:

Deliberately..;)

those customer service chaps must have a lot of work to do to find out the answer to a lot of these questions. Reading the Americna asnwer thread, they end up with a fair few in there. I don't mind waiting, 3 monthe down the track, perhaps I can go, "Hey! Thats my question being answered, forgot about that! WOOO HOO":D

Part of my 15 minutes...:rolleyes:

MV75
23rd March 2009, 07:13 PM
With it just revealed at the melbourne toy fair that profits had jumped by ~5 times in 2007, where is the excuse for the bad paint applications that happened at the same time as the profit jump?

And why do we get lame engineered things such as bumbler battlers and a non true all in one devastator, and just a slightly changed ult bumblebee which really should be at robosapien levels? Surely the R&D funds should have increased as much?

Gutsman Heavy
23rd March 2009, 08:38 PM
you may want to re-word that to be a tad less aggressive! :D

SilverDragon
24th March 2009, 05:00 PM
Is Australia missing the new Animated and Universe Voyagers, or are they just really backlogged/delayed? If it's the latter, when can we expect to see them here?

FFN
2nd April 2009, 07:01 AM
With it just revealed at the melbourne toy fair that profits had jumped by ~5 times in 2007, where is the excuse for the bad paint applications that happened at the same time as the profit jump?

And why do we get lame engineered things such as bumbler battlers and a non true all in one devastator, and just a slightly changed ult bumblebee which really should be at robosapien levels? Surely the R&D funds should have increased as much? Bad paint apps - there have been reports of sticky paint Henkei Prowls. As Hasbro said TakaraTomy handles the manufacturing of Transformers, I'd say it's a case of whatever factory they contracted using dodgy paint or doing the job badly, rather than Hasbro (or Takara) going "Hey, let's save money by INTENTIONALLY doing a bad job".

You call Bumbler Battlers lame and I say those things are adorable and cool :)

Devastator is not great, but yeah, they wanted the toy to be durable and stable and reasonably accurate in combined mode. I don't think, given the transformation engineering for the individual robot modes, they would have formed stable limb modes to support the weight of Devastator's torso. I've noticed the most stable sorts of combiner limbs (especially for feet) tend to be toys who are designed to be more solid, relatively uncomplicated and block-like.

Even though Ultimate Bumblebe is a terrible toy, I'm pretty sure he doesn't have complex robosapien style movements so he can still transform (geared motors don't tend to like you forcing them to move while not powered).

Autocon
11th April 2009, 09:51 PM
will australia get the movie ROTF exclusives eg ramjet skywarp?

would you know the total number of ROTF figures to be released?

SilverDragon
12th May 2009, 09:09 PM
In light of today's news...

It was recently revealed that TakaraTomy is releasing a set of Legends-class figures of the Revenge of the Fallen Constructicons, which can additionally combine. What's the likelihood of these toys getting a release by Hasbro outside of Japan?

Omega Supreme
14th May 2009, 08:02 AM
Sorry if this has been answered before but:

With Hasbro now producing GI Joe & Marvel Universe, would Transformers built to fit 3 & 3/4 inch figures be a possibility ?

roller
16th May 2009, 09:05 PM
Is Victor Carroli still alive?

Get him doing the voice overs for the ads again or you'll be sorry!!!

Linthart
23rd May 2009, 10:18 PM
WHY DID YOU CANCEL ARCEE :(

roller
1st June 2009, 09:41 PM
WHY DID YOU CANCEL ARCEE :(

cause we can muhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahharahataharahrharha rharharharharharharharharharharhar

SilverDragon
2nd June 2009, 05:58 PM
cause we can muhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahharahataharahrharha rharharharharharharharharharharhar

I suspect it's to do with retailer demand and stuff like that.

Actual question: Why are the Revenge of the Fallen Scout-class TFs so wonderfully varied in alt modes? It's awesome and I'd like to know why the decision was made to give them unique alt modes like biplanes and toasters.

NoenGaruth
3rd June 2009, 01:08 PM
Just a thought, perhapse we should ask them if when the next run of animated toys (Arcee, Rodimus, Blackout etc) come out and they do get sold over here, if they would consider distributing at the same time the voyagers we missed out on (Skywarp, Shockwave and Wreck-gar), cause the retailers might actualy be willing to stock them if ROTF hype has died down.

Just a thought as it would be nice for all those who have missed out on them (also they're getting pretty hard/expensive to get off ebay)

roller
9th June 2009, 06:19 PM
Hasbro, can i have some free TF2 posters please?

im a loyal customer and i think i need some free stuff

ta

Tetsuwan Convoy
25th June 2009, 09:23 PM
Hasbro, can i have some free TF2 posters please?

im a loyal customer and i think i need some free stuff

ta

Dear Roller,

Again, No

Yours etc etc

Hasbro

:p

reillyd
27th June 2009, 07:25 PM
I suspect it's to do with retailer demand and stuff like that.

Actual question: Why are the Revenge of the Fallen Scout-class TFs so wonderfully varied in alt modes? It's awesome and I'd like to know why the decision was made to give them unique alt modes like biplanes and toasters.

The biplane, go figure. But I think the toaster is a nice little plot point you'll see when you see the movie. What's a little frustrating, I think, is that there aren't the little "Role Play" toys for real-world objects, because there were MORE than just one toaster up to mischief in the movie.

gantz
14th July 2009, 03:49 PM
Hasbro, why do you put website addresses on the back of toy packaging when you know damn well the site doesnt exist!!!

Example 1: www.hasbro.com/wolverine

jaydisc
14th July 2009, 03:55 PM
That link brings up search results for Wolverine for me. What were you expecting?

gantz
14th July 2009, 04:24 PM
That link brings up search results for Wolverine for me. What were you expecting?

well one would believe it takes you to an actual site for the figures, not a page of search results. I could easily go to hasbro.com for that.

Autocon
18th July 2009, 01:29 AM
will hasbro be making all of the kitchen bots?

Wheel-J
12th August 2009, 10:19 PM
Did hasbro already replied from all previous questions?

NEW QUESTION: Is hasbro considering a TF feat GI Joe live action movie in the not so distant future? :D