PDA

View Full Version : Robot Replicas R*****t and S********m.

griffin
1st March 2009, 09:45 PM
Regulars Ratchet and Starscream make it into the Robot Replicas line in TF2. I was kinda hoping the non-convertable figures wouldn't be continued for TF2, as they aren't parent-friendly, causing a lot of frustration when a parent or kid bought one only to find out later that it isn't a 'real' Transformer (a convertable toy). The packaging isn't obvious or clear in making people know it isn't convertable, with *tiny* writing at the bottom of the packaging.

Looks like Hasbro are up for more (unecessary) customer frustration and complaints this year.

http://tformers.com/transformers-first-look-revenge-of-the-fallen-ratchet-robot-replica/11078/news.html

http://tformers.com/transformers-revenge-of-the-fallen-robot-replica-starscream/11083/news.html

i_amtrunks
2nd March 2009, 09:07 AM
I didnt think they would continue either, these guys clogged shelves everywhere, and still couldn't be cleared out even when reduced down to $10 or less.

jacksplatt11
2nd March 2009, 11:16 AM
Yeah exactly right, you can still find plenty for $10

Maybe they sold well enough in the USA to warrant the need for new ones?

GoktimusPrime
2nd March 2009, 05:53 PM
I'd like to see them release Devastator as a Robot Replica.

SilverDragon
2nd March 2009, 06:31 PM
Those things look rubbish.

GoktimusPrime
2nd March 2009, 09:40 PM
..they are. :/

I picked up Robot Replica Decepticon Frenzy hoping to have a movie-accurate action figure of Frenzy... but honestly it's nothing more than a large movie PVC figurine - kinda like SCF/HoCs but bigger and no where near as cool as Mega-SCFs... and of course, way more expensive too.

I just want a RR Devastator so that I don't have to buy that really big one that only transforms into vehicles but with no individual robot modes. I want to collect the individual Constructicons but I'd like a cheaper alternative for Devastator himself if the individual Constructicons aren't going to be able to combine (mY LiF3 iS pAIn). (-_-)

Golden Phoenix
2nd March 2009, 11:15 PM
Didn't the last batch end up with less poseablility then the Transforming figures?

GoktimusPrime
3rd March 2009, 09:09 AM
Robot Replica Decepticon Frenzy definitely has less poseability than the Fast Action Battler. It's just complete epic fail compared to the FAB really IMO.

Movie accuracy be damned - I want a better toy!!

Golden Phoenix
3rd March 2009, 09:43 AM
Robot Replica Decepticon Frenzy definitely has less poseability than the Fast Action Battler. It's just complete epic fail compared to the FAB really IMO.

Movie accuracy be damned - I want a better toy!!

An exception because he only had the FAB or the little fold out that came with Barricade

But the others seemed to have less

Bumbleb33
3rd March 2009, 10:26 PM
Do Not Want, though I will say the initial RR line did offer a really nice Bumblebee I ended up buying 3 of them, mind you massive Bumblebee fan over here!
Jazz and Barricade weren't too bad either just a pity about their posability and top heaviness.