PDA

View Full Version : Marvel Universe

gantz
4th March 2009, 03:50 PM
hey guys, just checking to see if anyone has seen the Marvel Universe Wave 1 toys in any stores???

Gutsman Heavy
4th March 2009, 07:12 PM
I'll be looking tomorrow.

gantz
5th March 2009, 08:57 AM
Right there with ya! Im not too keen on the new scale, so I gotta see 'em before I can accept them.

Gutsman Heavy
5th March 2009, 02:04 PM
the new scale is what drew me in, Tfs dominate almost all my space, so the smaller figs wont cut into my tfs as much, plus they (should) be cheaper, which is another win IMO.

Paulbot
6th March 2009, 10:09 PM
I saw X-Men Origins: Wolverine toys tonight and they seem to be in the new scale too.

They were at Toy Kingdom in Melb's South East for about $18 each which seems really expensive for a figure much smaller than the old Legends.

The paint apps also look a bit iffy so if this is an indication for the Marvel Universe figures you might want to pick carefully.

They were marked as Comic Series and had several versions of Wolverine (white shirt, classic uniform, brown uniform, modern uniform, Weapon X) as well as a modern Sabretooth, classic Gambit and the one figure I considered buying: Deadpool. I'm a fan of Niceiza's Deadpool and the figure is a great likeness and comes with far more weapons than an average person needs which I thought was cool touch.

STL
7th March 2009, 11:03 AM
MUST STAY AWAY FROM THIS THREAD. MUST STAY AWAY... MY SPACE... MY SPACE :o :o:o

SMHFConvoy
14th March 2009, 03:25 PM
Hi I've been finding these figures at TRU and Hobby Co for $18. They're pretty cool and come with a code that you can use at http://www.furyfiles.com A friend picked up the Deadpool in the Xmen Origins: Wolverine line, not as good as the MU figures.

Trailer Park Ninja
14th March 2009, 03:37 PM
Saw these at Target today, they look pretty good but at $17-18 for such a miniscule figure, I'd pass.

lcz128
14th March 2009, 03:49 PM
SNAP! I gots to pick up a Gambit :D

loophole
14th March 2009, 04:26 PM
just saw these at my local Toyworld and i must say i like these they look quite good, and i think they will look even better next to some TF's dunno about the $18 price tag though how much have other people seen them for?

Kyle
16th March 2009, 07:48 PM
I saw X-Men Origins: Wolverine toys tonight and they seem to be in the new scale too.

They were at Toy Kingdom in Melb's South East for about $18 each which seems really expensive for a figure much smaller than the old Legends.

The paint apps also look a bit iffy so if this is an indication for the Marvel Universe figures you might want to pick carefully.

They were marked as Comic Series and had several versions of Wolverine (white shirt, classic uniform, brown uniform, modern uniform, Weapon X) as well as a modern Sabretooth, classic Gambit and the one figure I considered buying: Deadpool. I'm a fan of Niceiza's Deadpool and the figure is a great likeness and comes with far more weapons than an average person needs which I thought was cool touch.

I was soooooo close to pick up a blue/yellow Wolverine, Deadpool and Gambit today from Target... but the price scanning at $17 (could have been $16) scared me away... :o

Paulbot
16th March 2009, 08:06 PM
It was $17. I saw them at Target as part of an end of aisle display yesterday, along with a Wolverine on a motorcycle, Wolverine claws glove, and a large scale Wolverine toy.

Zippo
16th March 2009, 08:55 PM
Saw this assortment in the weekend
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS16619&mode=retail&picture=out

But at $20NZ each, its a big pass.

Kyle
17th March 2009, 07:43 AM
Love your new avatar pic Paul. :p

gantz
17th March 2009, 08:25 AM
I first saw them a Target, the paint job isnt exactly perfect, but I will still collect most of the comic book series firgures.
Hmmmm but still no Wolverine & The X-men toys yet.......:mad:

Lord_Zed
30th March 2009, 12:14 AM
I picked up Gambit from the Wolverine series today on a whim. He was a bit pricey, but then all toys are pricey in these times. :(

I prefer the smaller size being a Joe collector and wanted to see who they compare. He's not bad, but lacks articulation for his wrist and shins which sucks a bit. One thing that bothers me though is why doesn't Hasbro make stands for thier marvel figures like they doe for the Joes?

Sure the figures are balanced ok, but stands mean you can display them doing awesome poses, its only one simple extra piece of plastic lazy old Hasbro.

Gutsman Heavy
30th March 2009, 12:27 AM
Stands would be a winner, lucky my only purchase so far has one: Green Goblin comes with the glider, no balance issues here!

GG also has wrist & ankle articulation, so Gambit might just be an oversight, anyways I really recommend Green Goblin, I'm very happy with him, even if he cost $16!

Lord_Zed
30th March 2009, 11:37 PM
The marvel universe figures seem to have a different joint layout to the wolverine one, mainly in the groin and shoulder area, though articulation seems to vary from figure to figure.

I can understand why they didn't put a joint in Gambits shins, given his spacey boots, but the lack of wrist rotation sucks for someone with a staff is a sore point. Still I always like gambit in the toon he displays nicely to and it would be cool to have the whole 90's X-men cartoon team on display.

We'll see though depends on wether Gi Joe 25th anniversary comes back or not.

gantz
31st March 2009, 08:26 AM
I just recently picked up hulk, Cap, Human Torch (flame form), X-force wolverine and silver surfer, and I must say im impressed!!
the new scale is awesome and the detail I believe is quite good.

GoktimusPrime
31st March 2009, 01:33 PM
I've only seen Wolverin Origins and Capt America... I'd like them to release some generic looking soldiers that could be used with Transformers. Though I suppose I could grab some CORPS! toys for that. :p

I want black Spidey. :)

Robzy
31st March 2009, 09:49 PM
Saw Captain America and the Hulk today!

cygnus
1st April 2009, 02:50 AM
could anyone find me an ironman? there are only hulks in my place.

gantz
1st April 2009, 09:16 AM
could anyone find me an ironman? there are only hulks in my place. it seems that iron man and punisher are the difficult figures to find, ive seen everyone except those 2!

Lord_Zed
1st April 2009, 09:41 PM
I saw an Iron Man at Toys R Us, except I might want it, If I get chance to go there again I might pick it up, but I don't think I will have time this week.

Lord_Zed
3rd April 2009, 01:00 AM
Went back to Toys R Us, they had changed stock and had a different selection of Universe figures.

I got Comic Wolvie and Deadpool from the Wolverine line at a more reasonable 20% from Target.

I've only seen Wolverin Origins and Capt America... I'd like them to release some generic looking soldiers that could be used with Transformers. Though I suppose I could grab some CORPS! toys for that. :p

I want black Spidey. :)

Pretty sure there is Duke in a generic realworld US army outfit in wave 2 of the forthcomming Joe movie figures.

STL
3rd April 2009, 01:10 AM
haven't seen the marvel figures yet but was quite impressed by some of the wolverine ones. Trying to restrain myself from gettign anymore of 'em. :(

hotaru_oz
3rd April 2009, 01:35 AM
I've seen a fair few wolverine toys in the city, I'm tempted to wait for them to go on sale before I pic any of them up.

Gutsman Heavy
3rd April 2009, 01:55 AM
got stung by crappy QC on my Deadpool (paint spots everywhere, loose legs, flaking plastic on one of the legs). Its a shame since he's packing some serious heat and generally looks badass

Lord_Zed
3rd April 2009, 01:25 PM
There seems to be an issue with the QC of Wolverine Origins series, the ones if bought look ok, but I had to look through the shelf to find decent ones. I haven't checked my new ones yet. Gambits legs were fine.

Zippo
3rd April 2009, 08:06 PM
Got my first Marvel Universe figure today - Captain America. $15 on sale seemed a good price rather than $20. Not sure if I will open or keep sealed.

Fungal Infection
3rd April 2009, 10:04 PM
These smaller Marvel figs are great and I've been tempted to buy them but I'll be damned if I upgrade ALL my Marvel Legends figures to a smaller scale especially as they cost the same if not more than the originals. Which is a crying shame as they go great with my GI Joes. But then they'd be out of scale with my DC Classics figures. A real catch-22. :(

Lord_Zed
4th April 2009, 01:40 AM
These smaller Marvel figs are great and I've been tempted to buy them but I'll be damned if I upgrade ALL my Marvel Legends figures to a smaller scale especially as they cost the same if not more than the originals. Which is a crying shame as they go great with my GI Joes. But then they'd be out of scale with my DC Classics figures. A real catch-22. :(

For me the evil of this series is they are the same scale as my 25th Aniniversary Joes. I always thought the old Toybiz figures were awesome, but I had nothing to diplay them with so I never bought any.

Curse you Hasbro!

GoktimusPrime
4th April 2009, 10:39 PM
I feel the same as you guys. I got a box full of Marvel Legends figures that I don't want to "waste" by replacing them all with these new 10cm Hasbro ones. And considering that I've had absolutely no luck trying to sell my MOSC Mary Jane I don't like my chances of trying to sell a loose collection of Marvel Legend toys. (-_-)

I might pick up a few figures here and there, maybe ones that have directly interacted with Transformers. So I guess I should get a Wolverine and Captain America. :)

loophole
4th April 2009, 10:44 PM
i always meant to buy the Marvel Legends figures but never did, which im happy about now cause i really like this new line its just pity they werent a little cheaper and there also more to scale with the MP range and you can almost getaway with them next to the universe range.

Lord_Zed
5th April 2009, 08:46 PM
Eeep I bought the Human Torch, not that I even like the Fantastic Four, I just found the partialy transparent figure amusing. I have a feeling half of the Marvel Universe line use the same body as the Human Torch, I'm sure Silver Surfer, Spiderman and Ironfist do.

I can sympathize with your change of scale woes, especialy seeing as how they left incomplete teams and what not, lets hope they stick to one scale now.

For me though the scale is perfect, leading to many amusing crossovers such as these New New Avengers, though Archangel, Moon Knight, and Warmachine look a tad suspicous. :D

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd31/zedkaiser/Minatures%20and%20toys/100_1022.jpg

Must restrain myself.

STL
6th April 2009, 12:41 AM
I bought Maverick, Wolverine and Deadpool the other day but am regretting it now so will probably return them. I don't think I can really justify another collection. I already collect Classic Marvel Figurines so I think I'll stick with those. I think just seeing Maverick in a cool form tipped me but I don't think in the long run I want to be shelling out $18 per figure for such a small toy.

Add the difficulty of distribution for Marvel toys, I don't want to spend that sort of money on Marvel toys that will just sit around behind all my TFs. They are neat though if they made the original Thunderbolts then I'd probably have to give in and get them. But even if I do, it'd be pretty selective.

The Human Torch looked pretty fugly in real life. Couldn't stand him

FYI K-Mart has them on sale for 20% off as well this week too.

jacksplatt11
6th April 2009, 01:18 AM
I don't mind DC and Marvel Figures, but only 6 inch, there is no way I'm buying GI Joe sized figures, same reason I stay clear of Star Wars figures

6 Inch Man
6th April 2009, 10:48 AM
I don't mind DC and Marvel Figures, but only 6 inch, there is no way I'm buying GI Joe sized figures, same reason I stay clear of Star Wars figures

If it's not at least 6 inches it's just no fun to play with and feels inadequate on display.

Fungal Infection
6th April 2009, 11:30 AM
If it's not at least 6 inches it's just no fun to play with and feels inadequate on display.

We are still talking about action figures right? :p

jacksplatt11
6th April 2009, 12:01 PM

Nicely played :p

GoktimusPrime
6th April 2009, 01:09 PM
I'm the opposite. 15cm scale is too big for me - I prefer the 9.5-10cm scale used for Joes, Star Wars, Microman etc. Especially with Transformers, even though it's still not to scale (not that Transformers even has a consistent scale!) I just prefer using 10cm figures with TFs than 15cm ones.

But I'm looking at this from a Transformers collector POV. If I were a DC/Marvel figure collector I probably would prefer 15cm figures tbh - I had a good friend at uni who was an avid collector of DC/Marvel figures and he adored the 15cm scale. Introduced me to the world of customising and kitbashing figures (not that I've really become a kitbasher, but it was my first real life exposure to the world of kitbashing). :)

I Robot
6th April 2009, 05:32 PM
I'm the opposite. 15cm scale is too big for me - I prefer the 9.5-10cm scale used for Joes, Star Wars, Microman etc. Especially with Transformers, even though it's still not to scale (not that Transformers even has a consistent scale!) I just prefer using 10cm figures with TFs than 15cm ones.

But I'm looking at this from a Transformers collector POV. If I were a DC/Marvel figure collector I probably would prefer 15cm figures tbh - I had a good friend at uni who was an avid collector of DC/Marvel figures and he adored the 15cm scale. Introduced me to the world of customising and kitbashing figures (not that I've really become a kitbasher, but it was my first real life exposure to the world of kitbashing). :)

The 3 3/4" Marvel figs stand up nicely to the ML Sentinel BAF as they would certain class sizes of TF's. Would go well with the 1:24 Alternators I assume.

Lord_Zed
6th April 2009, 07:28 PM

Smaller scale figures mean I can fit more in a display cabinet. While I have to admit I was often tempted by the old Marvel Toybiz figures I think I have a childhood born dislike of larger figures, While I had Masters of the Universe and The Ninja Turtles and the rest, it always seemed like the larger figures sole selling point was there size, while the smaller fgures got more intricate articulation and accsesories, even MASK figures had knee joints. Consequently with a few exceptions the smaller action figures are the only ones I still have today.

Obviously action figures have come along way since then, and most collectors style figures have decent articulation these days but I still prefer the smaller scale.

GoktimusPrime
7th April 2009, 08:42 AM
One problem with many non-TF action figures -- they freakin' fall down too easy!! One thing ya gotta love about Transformers and they're massive feet -- cos ya know what they say about guys with big feet? That's right, they can stand better. ;)

Lord_Zed
7th April 2009, 01:17 PM
One problem with many non-TF action figures -- they freakin' fall down too easy!! One thing ya gotta love about Transformers and they're massive feet -- cos ya know what they say about guys with big feet? That's right, they can stand better. ;)

Well not so much Beast Wars, they had many characters with small footsies, I think TM2 Blackarachnia takes the cake.

That's also why I was impressed by Hasbro issuing all the new GI Joes with display stands for hours of cool action figure posing. At the same time I'm annoyed by Hasbro not issuing stands with the new Marvel figures. It's just one extra piece of plastic damnit!:mad:

gantz
16th April 2009, 08:35 AM
has anyone seen any of the Wolverine & the x-men figures during their travels???? im desperate!!

TheFallen
20th April 2009, 11:40 PM
I was trying to avoid this line because, like a few of you, I didn't want to start another line. But with GI Joe (the good version) winding down for the movie figs (the bad version) I have finally cracked and started up collecting the Marvel Universe line.

I have so far picked up all of the X-men Origins: Wolverine line (with the exception of Sabretooth and Brown/Tan Wolverine and I have an order for wave 1 and 2 Marvel Universe from Robot Kingdom on its way. I was only going to cherry pick this line but so far the cherries have been good :)

Wave 3 will hit soon with Black Costume Spidey and the good Punisher and then wave 4 with Moon Knight, Blade and Rulk (well there are others in the waves but those are the ones that I want)

The only problem I have is the price and that is what has kept me away for so long.

With Marvel Universe, Hellboy, DCIH, Cinema of Fear, Terminator, Star Trek and probably more, 4 inch figures will be taking over the world

jacksplatt11
20th April 2009, 11:58 PM
I finally saw these the other day, haven't been to any stores in a while, I saw Gambit (my favourite Xmen, and probably favourite Marvel character) and contemplated buying it, but it was just too small, like what the hell? If I wanna collect tiny figures I'll get into Polly Pocket

No offence to anyone who collects Star Wars/GI Joe/Anything else in the scale, and enjoys it, it's just not my scene

Golden Phoenix
21st April 2009, 12:27 AM
If I wanna collect tiny figures I'll get into Polly Pocket

Thought you already were :P

jacksplatt11
21st April 2009, 09:18 AM
Thought you already were :P

Oh snap

loophole
2nd May 2009, 08:03 PM
went to a couple of big W's today and they had heaps of Marvel Universe stock at either $15.88 or $16.88 cant remember which.

Gutsman Heavy
4th May 2009, 07:19 PM
$16.88 :( scabby buggers put the price up! Gots me Green Hulk and Silver Surfer

autobreadticon
11th May 2009, 06:31 PM
Kinda in the same vein, but the new Wolverine SHS with 4 figures looks dam impressive, not at all weird looking ...
At target for $20, also spiderman vehicles and wave 8 @ TW

autobreadticon
12th May 2009, 10:22 PM
Not the most exciting toys, but its better than collecting action figures of your favourite marvel characters :p

Some popular ones i have seen move from the shelf compare to others, so i guess some1 is buying them

http://i.marvelousnews.com/g/albums/Hasbro/SHS/Wolverine//Wolverine_0400.jpg

http://i.marvelousnews.com/g/albums/Hasbro/SHS/Wolverine//Wolverine_0300.jpg

Robzy
20th May 2009, 06:27 PM
Picked up these babies today...

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk199/sunglikeahorse/xmendvds.jpg

Can't wait to sit down and watch :D

Trailer Park Ninja
20th May 2009, 07:01 PM
How much and where?

Robzy
20th May 2009, 08:23 PM
$13 each at Target, but I saw them at Big W as well (I think JB's is supposed to have them too, but I didn't see them there).

They also have the next 2 dvds (so that's 4 all up) but I haven't bought them yet.

Gutsman Heavy
20th May 2009, 08:48 PM
groovy

Trailer Park Ninja
20th May 2009, 10:36 PM
$13 each at Target, but I saw them at Big W as well (I think JB's is supposed to have them too, but I didn't see them there).

They also have the next 2 dvds (so that's 4 all up) but I haven't bought them yet.

Thanks for the response. I'll have to look for these tomorrow during my lunch break. Wish they just did a season boxset though. Hopefully Spiderman Animated will follow soon.

jacksplatt11
21st May 2009, 12:12 AM
Sick, I'll be looking for them tomorrow, for sure

Gutsman Heavy
21st May 2009, 06:20 PM
got vols 1+2 at K-mart, $13 each

Robzy
11th June 2009, 10:49 PM
Picked up Iron Man & Iron Monger (from the first Iron Man movie) at Target TTP today for $8 each!!! :eek:

I've been meaning to get them for a year or so (loved the movie!!), but was waiting for a sale... but I didn't expect this. In fact, EVERY SINGLE piece of Iron Man merch was massively reduced - I even got in some early Christmas shopping and bought a few for my nephews at that price! :D

TheDirtyDigger
12th June 2009, 06:29 AM
Picked up Iron Man & Iron Monger (from the first Iron Man movie) at Target TTP today for $8 each!!! :eek:

Excellent. When we eventually move back I've got a shelf in a glass display cabinet dedicated to being an Iron Man armoury. Think I've got about a dozen Iron Man 'armours' now.

Deceptic_Optic
12th June 2009, 06:56 AM
Got myself a spider-man animated action figures with croc, doc oc, sandman, venom, electro, rhino, green goblin and the balck suited spidey! yay! hope they produce like the vulture, kraven and mysterio to go out as toys man they look good together, il put some photos a bit later

TheDirtyDigger
12th June 2009, 09:43 AM
Got myself a spider-man animated action figures with croc, doc oc, sandman, venom, electro, rhino, green goblin and the balck suited spidey! yay! hope they produce like the vulture, kraven and mysterio to go out as toys man they look good together, il put some photos a bit later

What do you think of the new(est) Spiderman animated show?

Paulbot
12th June 2009, 01:42 PM

I've been meaning to get them for a year or so (loved the movie!!), but was waiting for a sale... but I didn't expect this. In fact, EVERY SINGLE piece of Iron Man merch was massively reduced - I even got in some early Christmas shopping and bought a few for my nephews at that price! :D

The problem with this board is I read this and think: I thought those Iron Man figures looked good, $8 is a cheap price for them, I should go check out Target.

But I don't need to spend more money at the moment! I have 20 new Transformers I've not transformed yet. Stop tempting me with other tempting purchases! :)

Robzy
13th June 2009, 04:01 PM
The problem with this board is I read this and think: I thought those Iron Man figures looked good, $8 is a cheap price for them, I should go check out Target.

But I don't need to spend more money at the moment! I have 20 new Transformers I've not transformed yet. Stop tempting me with other tempting purchases! :)
Hee hee... sorry mate :D

Deceptic_Optic
13th June 2009, 04:06 PM
What do you think of the new(est) Spiderman animated show?

i dunno do0o0de i kinda like it for some reason but i keep on camparing it to the old ones, but i like *-im such a child* hehehe:)

TheDirtyDigger
13th June 2009, 04:50 PM
Grabbed the black and silver Stealth Iron Man from target today for 6 bucks.

cygnus
13th June 2009, 06:36 PM
for the 8 bucks ironman...finally got the "war machine" after the long long wait...

did anyone find Ms Marvel? The wave is out but i cant spot her around in target.:mad:

TheDirtyDigger
13th June 2009, 07:39 PM
did anyone find Ms Marvel? The wave is out but i cant spot her around in target.:mad:

I think I read that Australia missed out on her.
I could be mistaken...but that is rare.

cygnus
13th June 2009, 10:19 PM
I think I read that Australia missed out on her.
I could be mistaken...but that is rare.

so the assortment is everything but no ms marvel?
(well..i m not sure but i havent spotted black spidey as well..)

just too strange as i thought all assortments are the same :(

TheDirtyDigger
14th June 2009, 07:43 AM
so the assortment is everything but no ms marvel?
(well..i m not sure but i havent spotted black spidey as well..)

just too strange as i thought all assortments are the same :(

Think so. Think we miss out on Nick Fury in the next assortment as well.

STL
16th June 2009, 12:54 AM

You and me both. I've seen them the past two weekends now, and both times almost picked a few up :( So far even at $6 i've managed to resist. Don't know how much longer I can hold out. :(

TheDirtyDigger
17th June 2009, 07:24 PM
BOOYAH!!!

Just scored this baby from Ebay. Bought and paid yesterday, it arrived today. Regular Oz version doesn't hit stores here till July 15th. Gunna sit down soon and immerse myself in the violence.

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/1871/punished.jpg (http://img132.imageshack.us/i/punished.jpg/)

Golden Phoenix
18th June 2009, 11:02 PM
Picked up War Machine and Iron Man from target the other day.
They look nice.
The hip joints are a bit annoying though. They just don't work. You have to fiddle with them to get the legs to stand right. Once you do though, it is pretty good.

other then that the hands are a bit annoying. There is one (his right) that looks like he is either holding a gun or touching a button. Kind of weird. Would have preferred a fist or open hand like his left one.

then again. The pair for $14 makes it still worth it.
Just watch out for some sloppy paint applications. Had to look through a couple to get a good pair. I like the silver on War Machine. Shiny but a bit dirty looking. Makes him look battle hardened.

TheDirtyDigger
19th June 2009, 07:06 AM
I like the silver on War Machine. Shiny but a bit dirty looking. Makes him look battle hardened.

I like how Hasbro call the War Machine figure, 'Stealth Operations Suit Iron Man', yet it's the figure with all the biggest, noisiest guns.

It's almost like Hasbro isn't paying attention.

I think the 'dirty' look of the paint applications might be the reason why that figure alone is 6 bucks while all the others in the range are $8.

Golden Phoenix
19th June 2009, 12:49 PM
I like how Hasbro call the War Machine figure, 'Stealth Operations Suit Iron Man', yet it's the figure with all the biggest, noisiest guns.

It's almost like Hasbro isn't paying attention.
I think it's weird they didn't just call it they "War Machine Iron Man"
They say Rhodes (sp?) uses the armour in the bio on the back.

I think the 'dirty' look of the paint applications might be the reason why that figure alone is 6 bucks while all the others in the range are $8.

But it looks nicer....

Deceptic_Optic
20th June 2009, 11:40 AM

http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt202/Deceptic_Optics/IMG_0370.jpg
Spiderman and friends... hehehe
http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt202/Deceptic_Optics/IMG_0369.jpg
The new and improve Sinister 7?
http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt202/Deceptic_Optics/IMG_0372.jpg
Fav Tag team

STL
26th June 2009, 01:11 AM
Been picking up the X-Men: Original Animated series DVDs. Anyone know when vol.3 is due to be released?

TheDirtyDigger
26th June 2009, 06:43 AM
Been picking up the X-Men: Original Animated series DVDs. Anyone know when vol.3 is due to be released?

It's out already. I have vol 4.

Omega Supreme
26th June 2009, 07:08 AM
It's out already. I have vol 4.

Yeah same, got 3 & 4 from Target last weekend.

STL
26th June 2009, 10:54 AM
Awesome! Thanks guys. Will keep an eye out. Can't believe how good the series was. Even now it holds up very well. I'm still only just into the 2nd season but the whole Sinister subplot and the Magneto/Xavier dynamic is something today's comics can barely even aspire too. :(

TheDirtyDigger
26th June 2009, 11:39 AM
something today's comics can barely even aspire too. :(

Today's standard superhereo comics are pure f***ing w**k aimed at soulless fanboys.
Read something classic and intelligent like Transmetropolitan, 100 Bullets or Preacher.

cygnus
16th July 2009, 07:45 AM
just found red hulk wave in Kmart.

Paulbot
19th July 2009, 07:56 PM

Also available in Victoria Kmarts

TheDirtyDigger
19th July 2009, 08:02 PM

Also known as Rulk!

TheDirtyDigger
19th July 2009, 08:03 PM
Kmart look to have a fairly large range of the Marvel Universe line.

TheDirtyDigger
21st July 2009, 08:04 PM
Finally after about a year I have got the last figure I needed in the Hulk/Fin Fang Foom BAF line...Savage Grey Hulk!

Somehow appropriately today I also acquired from our good friend, Kyle, an Iron Man armour I've been after for an age...Hulkbuster Iron Man!
Thanks again Kyle.:):cool:

Hulk will stay sealed with the rest of his line as I have no overarching desire to build Fin Fang Foom but Iron Man will be opened as soon as his armoury is open for business!

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/2245/hulkbusted.jpg (http://img404.imageshack.us/i/hulkbusted.jpg/)

Kyle
21st July 2009, 08:08 PM
Iron Man smash!!! :D

Paulbot
8th August 2009, 08:36 PM
I saw some new Marvel Superhero Squad toys at Kmart today (wave 14):
Bishop & Wolverine (circa Uncanny 275)
Iron Man 2020 & Deathlok
Iron Fist & Black costume Spider-Man
Spider-Man & Green Goblin

kup
11th August 2009, 10:30 AM
I still await for the great day which will likely never happen...

The release of a Death's Head figure as he appeared in Marvel UK.

cygnus
20th August 2009, 10:02 PM
finally ...MS MARVEL(S) is now in TARGET. :D

Meangreen
5th September 2009, 03:26 PM
Hi all,

Have the Marvel Universe Secret Wars comic packs been released anywhere in Australia yet? I had a skim but could'nt see if anyone had sighted them.

Hopefully if they have arrived they'll be over here soon too.

loophole
5th September 2009, 03:30 PM
hey yeah thanks for reminiding me saw these last weekend at a Toyworld i think $30

Meangreen
5th September 2009, 03:40 PM
hey yeah thanks for reminiding me saw these last weekend at a Toyworld i think $30

Thanks. Hopefully it won't be too long before Cap and Klaw can join my ranks.

$30 isn't really a bad price is it?

Gutsman Heavy
5th September 2009, 05:30 PM
if I recall they were $37

Meangreen
5th September 2009, 07:49 PM
if I recall they were $37

Ah, well that's more to be expected at least...

foor
6th September 2009, 12:36 AM
Any sight of the wave with Electro, Guardian and Namor?

Lord_Zed
6th September 2009, 06:36 PM
I saw Namor Electro etc at Kings Comics for $19 each, but nowhere else so far.

Gutsman Heavy
24th September 2009, 04:38 PM
finally got Blade, takes forever new ones to pop up.