PDA

View Full Version : Classics 2.0

MV75
29th December 2007, 11:14 AM
And on the cobblestones were tomatoes for all.
________
MARY JANE (http://maryjanes.info/)

dirge
29th December 2007, 11:18 AM
Nice, but looks like Cybertron Scattorshot, not Onslaught...

STL
29th December 2007, 11:33 AM
Nice, but looks like Cybertron Scattorshot, not Onslaught...

Nope, I don't think so. The leg wheels and the arm gun n shields are definitely knew additions. There's also an

Great choice. Devastator is oversued for me and I just don't care about him enough b/c of that. It's an awesome looking toy.Can't wait. I don't see it being a TFCC exclusive, they only ever do remoulds is my impression.

Last thing that crossed my mind is that this is a retool of Classics Prime. The only problem is there are one too many wheels IIRC. The shield takes the place of the weather vane. The gun is reattached to the top. Could be wrong though.

The only question is whether it'll combine.

dirge
29th December 2007, 11:44 AM
I still think it looks more like Scattorshot, even with the cannons (both have them), based on the chest. Still, we haven't seen the alternate mode yet. And I like the look of it either way (:

sifun
29th December 2007, 12:13 PM
looks like onslaught to me.
Looks hardcore.

kup
29th December 2007, 12:46 PM
I need a better pic before I can say anything concrete about it. However from Missile/canon Turret carrier truck to a Swat Ban is a huge leap. When compared to the other Classics, they have reinvented Onslaught rather than updated him since they have essentially changed his Alt mode from the original toy which is something that the original Classics did not do including the repaint Botcon ones.

He also feels more Movie than Classics/G1 but I agree with Dirge, there is an Air of Cybertron Scattershot about him although it is clearly not the same mold.
________
WEEDTRACKER (http://dispensaries.org/)

iceburn
29th December 2007, 01:06 PM
It mentions 5 new universe classics
anyone knows the rest?

kup
29th December 2007, 04:00 PM
Is it at all possible that this toy was intended for the Movie line but made into a Classics 2.0 after design?
________
SILVER SURFER REVIEWS (http://vaporizers.net/silver-surfer-vaporizer)

kup
29th December 2007, 11:58 PM
Yeah he does seem more Cybertron than movie although the colors used are very similar to those of the movie line, particularly Blackout.

Onslaught is not a borring Flatbed truck when he has a Huge BF twin Barrel canon on its back. It didn't have to be exactly the same as its G1 original but an update or modernisation of it or at least something that is clearly based on the original like Classics Grimlock. His design is radically different than the original and the T-Rex mode is also vastly different yet he does fit the Classics profile perfectly when it comes to modernising a Classic G1 toy. Same goes with Bumblebee. He is not a VW Beetle but the vehicle is a small hatchback which does fit with the small everyday vehicle profile of the original.

This Onslaught is radically different to the original to the point that its like comparing Cybertron Soundwave as a modernisation of G1 Soundwave. Same character name and some resemblence but a complete reimagining not an update.
________
CB650 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_CB650)

Thanatos
30th December 2007, 12:44 AM
I still love the look of it :)

Pipesqueak
31st December 2007, 03:10 PM
Onslaught is not a borring Flatbed truck when he has a Huge BF twin Barrel canon on its back. It didn't have to be exactly the same as its G1 original but an update or modernisation of it or at least something that is clearly based on the original like Classics Grimlock.

Same character name and some resemblence but a complete reimagining not an update.

I agree, though I think we have to reserve judgement a bit until we see the alt mode. Anyway, I just hope it's NOT the first of a Bruticus combiner set. I love the combaticons, but classics won't last forever and there's plenty more deserving G1 characters than the likes of swindle, vortex etc.

Tetsuwan Convoy
31st December 2007, 07:41 PM
Anyway, I just hope it's NOT the first of a Bruticus combiner set. I love the combaticons, but classics won't last forever and there's plenty more deserving G1 characters than the likes of swindle, vortex etc.

I think the rest of the Combaticons would be a waste, unless they combined to form Bruticus. Then it would be pretty cool, but maybe this would lead on to the Classics becoming a line with a longer life and we could have our cake and eat it too. Although I know that Hasbro usually manage to screw us somehow....

GoktimusPrime
1st January 2008, 01:39 PM
I'll say. I've never seen a Transformer line that didn't have a cartoon show or comic book to support it sell so well since Car Robot/early RiD (as the toys did come out here before the cartoon aired and before RiD a lot of people were importing CR toys despite never watching the animé) and Binaltech (not so much Alternators - they didn't sell as quickly and some did shelf warm). Having said that, a large part of the appeal of Binaltech and Classics is that they are based on memorable G1 characters. I would have to give Car Robot/early RiD more kudos as those figures were highly popular despite not being widely supported by a comic/cartoon and not being based on G1 (Super Fire Convoy is obviously a tribute to Optimus Prime, but not based on the same character).

kup
1st January 2008, 03:32 PM
I'll say. I've never seen a Transformer line that didn't have a cartoon show or comic book to support it sell so well since Car Robot/early RiD (as the toys did come out here before the cartoon aired and before RiD a lot of people were importing CR toys despite never watching the anim?) and Binaltech (not so much Alternators - they didn't sell as quickly and some did shelf warm). Having said that, a large part of the appeal of Binaltech and Classics is that they are based on memorable G1 characters. I would have to give Car Robot/early RiD more kudos as those figures were highly popular despite not being widely supported by a comic/cartoon and not being based on G1 (Super Fire Convoy is obviously a tribute to Optimus Prime, but not based on the same character).

Don't tell us, Tell Archer!
________
Slow Deepthroat (http://www.fucktube.com/)

GoktimusPrime
1st January 2008, 07:06 PM
I did (back when Archer was posting under the username Orion?). To Archer's credit, he took my criticisms of Universe with professionalism.

griffin
1st January 2008, 09:32 PM
He used the name Orson on tfw2005.com, but some time later Hasbro had this big change of policy about direct public interaction with the fans.

kup
1st January 2008, 09:36 PM
He used the name Orson on tfw2005.com, but some time later Hasbro had this big change of policy about direct public interaction with the fans.

Typical Hasbro to think that connecting with the customer base is 'bad'
________
Fordl?ndia Specifications (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Fordl?ndia)

STL
1st January 2008, 10:44 PM
Typical Hasbro to think that connecting with the customer base is 'bad'

I think it is. He's one guy. He doesn't represent Hasbro as large a position as he may hold. If you're part of the company, you need to be seen as part of the machine. Furthermore, posting on forums greatly exposes you to potential embarrassments and misinterpretations as the net, is the net after all.

GoktimusPrime
2nd January 2008, 10:06 AM
It can be done if you act professionally - and although I don't always agree with Archer, I will agree that he was always professional in his dealings with the public and fans on forums. Other companies have staff members that interact directly with fans and fan Q&A on forums, e.g. Madman Entertainment, Wizards of the Coast (which is owned by Hasbro) etc.

liegeprime
9th January 2008, 11:58 PM
It mentions 5 new universe classics
anyone knows the rest?

Wasn't it mentioned ( well tentatively, i guess) during botcon last year they
would be releasing like the lamborghini twins and Blitzwing in Classics 2.0. That would rock! I really hope they make the rest of the Dinobots....

dirge
10th January 2008, 12:12 AM
Time Warrior already.

kup
10th January 2008, 02:28 AM
You know what, I would be very happy if they remold Meantime into a proper working watch with a G1 like head and paint him like Time Warrior and relase him as such in the Classics line.
________
Women'S Health Advice (http://www.health-forums.org/women-s-health/)