PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Ozformers forum member state/country tally.

griffin
2nd February 2008, 09:05 PM
I want to reassure members that I will not be posting your specific location or any of your private details, without permission.
This is just a tally of the states or countries the members here are from, to give an idea of the locality proportions we currently have in this community. (it will be updated from time to time)

Current tally as of 14th January 2009, up to member #574 (253 are actual registered members, in the groupings below)

NSW - 79
VIC - 57
QLD - 40
WA - 34
SA - 18
ACT - 9
TAS - 3
New Zealand - 3
Philipines - 2
Hong Kong - 2
Singapore - 2
USA - 2
NT - 1
Japan - 1

Membership status:
Board Staff - 4
Deluxe Member - 87
Member - 158
Protoform - 4

Current number of 'active members' (ones who have logged on in the last 7 days) is shown at the bottom of the main table.

Trailer Park Ninja
2nd February 2008, 09:41 PM
Woo hoo!!! Go the mighty Blues!!! :D

GoktimusPrime
2nd February 2008, 10:56 PM
Cool, I see the number of NT fans has tenfolded since last year. :)

Rampage
2nd February 2008, 11:10 PM
NSW RULES!!! :D

no surprises here:p

dirge
3rd February 2008, 12:00 AM
I was a NT fan for a few days last year... I even changed my avatar whilst there...

1orion2many
3rd February 2008, 01:30 AM
:)You know what they say, quantity doesn't mean quality:p:D

Soundwarp
3rd February 2008, 07:26 AM
NSW RULES!!! :D

no surprises here:p

Agreed!
You can count me as a Blue i am only in QLD for work!

Adzma
3rd February 2008, 08:29 AM
Well, we still have Melbourne! The greatest city in the country! :D

TheDirtyDigger
3rd February 2008, 08:31 AM
OMG Guys.
Time to start organising a very vocal recruiting drive down here in the heartland.

You know what they say, quantity doesn't mean quality

So true. You are as wise and honest as you are aged 1orion my brother!:);)

GoktimusPrime
3rd February 2008, 09:47 AM
yeah, so go grope some sand you sand groping... um... sand groper! (take that!!)

waitasec - USA count as "Australasian" now?? (o_O)

griffin
3rd February 2008, 07:51 PM
waitasec - USA count as "Australasian" now?? (o_O)

It was discussed here:
http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=121

STL
3rd February 2008, 09:43 PM
I was actually surprised that the proportions roughly reflect the general population proportions within Australia. Surprised, because even though there is almost as many fans from QLD as Victoria, the southern fans are much more vocal and organised amongst themselves, making me think that they were the largest number of members. And I didn't realise there was that many WA fans here either.

Ah, I feel good about myself already. :cool: You NSWelshmen might be everywhere but it's the qualitu of folk that count. :p

Seriously though from the NSW fan meets, I always figured there were most fans there. I always thought we down in Melbourne were much smaller cos most of the usual faces were well... few.

dirge
3rd February 2008, 09:58 PM
For the longest time, the Garden State was underepresented here. At one stage Paul was our only regular. Well, and Demonac as a regular lurker.

roller
4th February 2008, 09:04 AM
was i counted as a West Orstralian ?

TheDirtyDigger
4th February 2008, 11:30 AM
Well I'm willing to trade an autobreadticon for a benben.

Saintly
4th February 2008, 12:04 PM
it looks like, it's time for the closet collectors to speak up! :)

Paulbot
4th February 2008, 01:00 PM
w00t! Second place! Go Victoria! A state that's On the Move and The Place To Be. :)

i_amtrunks
4th February 2008, 01:08 PM
Does it count if we live in NSW, but support QLD in the Origin? :p

Bartrim
4th February 2008, 01:12 PM
Does it count if we live in NSW, but support QLD in the Origin? :p

Ahh! A traitor amongst our ranks. Fellow New South Welshman I say we hunt Mr Trunks and beat the Maroon out of him:p

autobreadticon
4th February 2008, 02:37 PM
Well I'm willing to trade an autobreadticon for a benben.

hmm are you sure, autobreadticon is after all one of a kind and production limited

lets have a australia competition to see which state reigns surpreme?
tri-state ^^ or all of australia

GoktimusPrime
4th February 2008, 02:45 PM
autobreadticon: we had a tri-state meet in Melbourne back in 2001. :)

Otherwise we often get interstaters at conventions. (^_^)

autobreadticon
4th February 2008, 03:10 PM
that reminds me, is there anything happening for supernova?

GoktimusPrime
5th February 2008, 05:49 PM
I tried to organise a meet at last Supanova but I got caught up with the cosplay stuff (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZNHvi0femE) and couldn't make it to the meet that I'd organised! :p I did manage to meet up with Lord Zed, stencilator, heroic_decepticon and a couple of other people beforehand though. :)

I really want to see other Transformer cosplayers, damnit!! There was another TF cosplayer at the last Sydney Supanova - another Optimus Prime who also used the voice changer helmet and cardboard body like me, but the body was unpainted and only covered the upper torso.

kup
6th February 2008, 01:40 PM
I really want to see other Transformer cosplayers, damnit!! There was another TF cosplayer at the last Sydney Supanova - another Optimus Prime who also used the voice changer helmet and cardboard body like me, but the body was unpainted and only covered the upper torso.

Yep, I remember him, he was the Hasbro version :p

foor
8th February 2008, 02:41 AM
NT fan here! That's right, now you have someone who lives in a REAL village! Darwin! Yeah, it's hot here and it sucks. Crime rate bellowing out of control... Ah, but I do loves them Transformers!

GoktimusPrime
8th February 2008, 11:25 AM
I still can't believe that after so, so long we finally have an NT fan!

autobreadticon
8th February 2008, 12:11 PM
:mad:thats a pretty awful way to describe NT

Saintly
8th February 2008, 12:26 PM
:mad:thats a pretty awful way to describe NT

but it's coming from the horse's (foor) mouth (sorry, foor)....

i doubt anyone would try to describe something they had little or no experience of, unless they are full of it.

autobreadticon
8th February 2008, 12:31 PM
ít ''suxs'' is a bit much tho

dirge
8th February 2008, 07:17 PM
Without wanting to pick on the place, I left Darwin with broadly similar impressions to foor.

I wouldn't say it's a village, but it's certainly a town that likes to think it's a city. Very hot since they don't actually have winter.

Oh and the place sucks for buying TFs - one Big W and one K-Mart in Casuarina, one Target in Palmerston and one "Super" Toyworld on the Stuart Highway in some outer suburb (which is a nice way of describing it!).

On the upside, I found the JB HiFi in Casuarina was FULL of heavily discounted copies of CDs I had been looking for! I bought 13 CDs there (:

GoktimusPrime
8th February 2008, 07:53 PM
my wife calls Sydney a village. She would freak out if she went to Darwin. I'd freak out if I went there... but she'd freak more I imagine. :)

foor
8th February 2008, 09:52 PM
It's not REALLY a village guys. Just a small town. Hey, nothing wrong with Darwin, but it's just too small and nothing much to do. Hence the crime rate, cause kids do it out of sheer boredom.

You guys are welcome to come visit, heck I'll even show you around! But whenever I meet a foreigner who says they want to visit Australia, I tell them DON'T go to Darwin! Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, Brisbane and Gold Coast thumbs up, but not here!

To be honest, I'm only still up here because of family, job and friends. But I do want to get out of here one day....

The Scream Man
29th November 2008, 12:24 PM
Im in Lane Cove in Sydney.

iceburn
29th November 2008, 08:07 PM
what's the update on this now?

roller
29th November 2008, 09:07 PM
well during the last ice age, several thousand moved north to Adelaide, so i guess what with social drift and the industrial revolution... 95%? :confused:

now if you'll excuse me, others await my unsolicited views

griffin
29th November 2008, 09:39 PM
The last update was only done 2 months ago, but another update will be done soon, as we've had 27 new members join in that time.

griffin
26th December 2008, 03:29 PM
Update just done... :)

roller
21st January 2009, 08:21 PM
there are 34 in WA?

i can only count about 19

1orion2many
22nd January 2009, 08:03 AM
You count as 15 people roller:p:D, only because of your hyperactivity:D.

iceburn
22nd January 2009, 08:05 AM
probably roller appeared in too many pictures and griffin lost count

1orion2many
22nd January 2009, 08:37 AM
:D:D:D:D:D:D

roller
28th January 2009, 07:56 PM
Does anyone live in Darwin?

Surely the numbers in WA are off, there arn't that many people

loophole
28th January 2009, 09:00 PM
i was born in Darwin that could count maybe.........

Cmdr Prime
25th January 2010, 06:17 PM
I think that we need more members from the othern states to bring up the tally a bit more :)

iceburn
4th February 2010, 03:06 PM
bossbot.. is there any update on this if you've the time

thanks

griffin
4th February 2010, 11:48 PM
It's on my todo list, as I've been meaning to redo it after changing the registration process last year.

CryptiK
16th February 2010, 11:22 PM
I heard some people are in Wollongong... Who are these people and what are they doing in my City I joke :P hey fellas