PDA

View Full Version : Hey everyone

evilman378
8th March 2009, 04:47 PM
Hi, I've been here for nearly a month now but I'll introduce myself now. I've been a fan of TFs since I saw Beast Wars as a really small kid. I only started properly collecting about November last year coz i got a job. Unfortunately, my parents seem to think buying TFs are a waste of time and money, so I have to buy them discreetly to avoid them getting annoyed at me.

I'd attend WA meetups and such except I'm kinda busy with Year 11 and Baskeball. I'm not too interested in collecting an entire series of TFs; I just get the characters I like or the ones that look cool. Apart from watching Transformers I also watch Bleach, Dragonball and FMA, which I'm trying to get the DVDs for (which also takes away money I spend on TFs).

Thats all pretty much. Thanks for reading.

GoktimusPrime
8th March 2009, 05:20 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/luckystar_boardwelcome.jpg

I've been a fan of TFs since I saw Beast Wars as a really small kid.
Now that just made me feel reeeeeaaaaal OLD. :p I started collecting Transformers when it came out in 1984 and I was already in university when Beast Wars came out. Darn! We can't bust heads like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to tell them stories that don't go anywhere. Like the time I took the fairy to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe so I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on them. Give me five bees for a quarter you'd say. Now where were we, oh yeah. The important thing was that I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones. ;)

I only started properly collecting about November last year coz i got a job. Unfortunately, my parents seem to think buying TFs are a waste of time and money, so I have to buy them discreetly to avoid them getting annoyed at me.
If I were in your position, I would stick to the defence that since you're self-funding your collecting with money that you earn, then it's a waste of your money and your time. It's good to hear that you play basketball - this shows that you do have a life outside toy collecting and maintain a healthy active lifestyle with sport. So as long as you aren't neglecting your family or anything like that, I don't see what the problem is.

I assume that your collection is contained within your own room, so it's not effecting anyone else by spilling over to any other part of the house. During the final years of me living at home, half my bedroom was literally filled with Transformers. d:

SGB
8th March 2009, 05:38 PM
Welcome a-board. ;)

liegeprime
8th March 2009, 06:24 PM
Mabuhay and welcome aboard! :D Dont worry you'll start with the ones you like, then for some time you'll get that niggling feeling, for moore more moreeee, before you know it its a whole room heheheheh:D:D:D:D

SilverDragon
8th March 2009, 06:37 PM
Greetings!

Unfortunately, my parents seem to think buying TFs are a waste of time and money, so I have to buy them discreetly to avoid them getting annoyed at me.

Holy crap, that's MY situation. Mum dislikes my buying of TFs, although Dad is more-or-less indifferent to them (he remarked on my collection once, and has taken something of an interest in them.

Sam
8th March 2009, 07:43 PM
Welcome to the forum evilman. Despite your namesake, I am pretty sure you are not really evil. :)

Robzy
8th March 2009, 09:38 PM
How do I say "Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong!" in Beastwarsee?

Welcome! :)

1orion2many
9th March 2009, 08:44 AM
:DMWAHAHAHA my evil laugh for evilman:D, welcome to the board again if I've said it somewhere else before:o:D.

GoktimusPrime
9th March 2009, 09:34 AM
How do I say "Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong!" in Beastwarsee?
Same as G1ese only instead of offering an Energon goodie you hurl your own faeces. ;)

i_amtrunks
9th March 2009, 10:51 AM
Welcome to the nuthouse.

Good to see another Basketballer on the boards, we have a couple of Leaguers and Cricket tragics, but not many into the basketball. Only play, or do you follow the NBA/NBL?European leagues?

loophole
9th March 2009, 11:02 AM
Welcome aboard Evilman!!

Wheel-J
9th March 2009, 06:17 PM
Mabuhay! Welcome to Ozformers! :D

k.wong23
9th March 2009, 09:28 PM
welcome mate, dont drop out of school cause that aint cool.

STL
9th March 2009, 10:33 PM
Hey there and welcome! Don't worry about ur folsk, they'll be like that at first but eventually they'll get used to it. That's how it happened for me. :)