PDA

View Full Version : New Custom Add-on for Superion (Energon/Superlink/Universe/ROTF)

Kyle
10th March 2009, 09:06 PM
Thanks to Heero from HK-TF.com who received this awesome news!

New Custom Add-on for Superion (Energon/Super Link/Universe/ROTF) (http://www.hk-tf.com/discuz/upload/viewthread.php?tid=11055)

http://www.hk-tf.com/discuz/upload/attachments/month_0903/20090310_b6a966d76df7c1c54a89c98huNkPIIjE.jpg
http://www.hk-tf.com/discuz/upload/attachments/month_0903/20090310_2debde41ba7d22aa629fxFGD7iTZiK3b.jpg
http://www.hk-tf.com/discuz/upload/attachments/month_0903/20090310_3bad0a5bee9ec01fdbafOP3fQV9vTpTr.jpg
http://www.hk-tf.com/discuz/upload/attachments/month_0903/20090310_ee60a08721105b70c4e2Tey6S1yVEMF5.jpg
http://www.hk-tf.com/discuz/upload/attachments/month_0903/20090310_92b5c10feb4bca716e88HUntRKKqbbbS.jpg
http://www.hk-tf.com/discuz/upload/attachments/month_0903/20090310_667f982d6e4aebb9751a6VIrmkGRGo2R.jpg

Hopefully more details will surface soon! :)

jaydisc
10th March 2009, 09:12 PM
yes f*****g please

Thanatos
10th March 2009, 09:13 PM
If I could stop drooling I would. But I can't.

Keep us up to date man, and thanks for all your wonderful news! :D

FFN
10th March 2009, 09:16 PM
That looks great

jacksplatt11
10th March 2009, 09:43 PM
Awesome

Any Bruticus or Devastator love, Kyle?

MV75
10th March 2009, 09:46 PM
Dang, I'll have to get that set now. :D I'm sure I've seen it for $50-60 around somewhere.....

kup
10th March 2009, 09:46 PM
Now I am tempted to buy this bastard ;)

It would be awesome if the set came with stickers so that they can make the toys more G1 accurate in color.

blackie
10th March 2009, 09:54 PM
must buy :D

jaydisc
10th March 2009, 10:02 PM
Of the three Energon combiners that have seen Classics/Universe repaints, this is the only one where I prefer the look of the original. I'll be putting these on the Energon/Superlink version and sticking it in with my Classics.

loophole
10th March 2009, 10:05 PM
wow i might have to get the combiner set and this now and then it will actually look totally freakin awesome!!

optimus1
10th March 2009, 10:07 PM
:cool:

I'm liking the look of this also1

Superion is the only one of the Energon/Superlink/Universe combiners I have so hopefully this can make him better.

Hope u bring us some good news Kyle :)

MV75
10th March 2009, 10:20 PM
A gold sticker for the eyes too.....

Also, one would think the hands/feet should transfer to bruticus, but that fellow also needs a backback turret.

Superion looks ok because of the nosecone shoulders, bruticus is very "bare".

Gutsman Heavy
10th March 2009, 11:00 PM
oh YEAH!

Trailer Park Ninja
10th March 2009, 11:18 PM
* sigh * That custom add-on makes the world of difference. May have to nab a combiner set now :p

Golden Phoenix
10th March 2009, 11:28 PM
Must...resist...*twitch*...temptation.....wallet.. .already empty.....as it is.....

STL
10th March 2009, 11:28 PM
YAY! I don't need to shut up anymore. :p

kup
11th March 2009, 12:16 AM
A G1 superion/Silverbolt like gun would also be awesome for it.

autobreadticon
11th March 2009, 10:20 AM
brilliant but it needs a stomach , some red on the chest similar to the G1 toy

sifun
11th March 2009, 10:58 AM
needs gun and or sword :)

1orion2many
11th March 2009, 11:24 AM
:)Group order Kyle;):D

Mr_K
11th March 2009, 11:48 AM
I like it, but gotta say that I prefer the fan ways of having him stand and have hands without any attachments -> using only the transformers seems more authentic to me.

kennymak167
11th March 2009, 11:57 AM
OMG. that is so good... i really like it, i think i will get 4 sets if they come out

k.wong23
11th March 2009, 12:01 PM
Great why did i flog off my superion to ice

anyone seen any at kmart/target during the sales in melb!?? :(

Golden Phoenix
11th March 2009, 01:12 PM
What colours are they going to be?
I wouldn't mind getting a set that would go with an Energon version of the mould

kup
11th March 2009, 01:17 PM
What colours are they going to be?
I wouldn't mind getting a set that would go with an Energon version of the mould

I am hoping for different versions of the set that improve the other combiner repaints.

It would be awesome if they can come up with a new face for poor old Classics Devastator as well.

bruticus
11th March 2009, 02:28 PM
WOW....
Simply amazing how a pair of real hands and feet make for that set.
Btw, is it confirmed that this will be mass produced or is it a once off kitbash?
Im afraid i cant read whats on the original site on a count of me being cantonese illiterate :p

kup
11th March 2009, 02:31 PM
I have lots of questions too but this looks to be pretty preliminary at the moment. I am sure Kyle will get more info from HK toys in the near future.

G1Optimal
11th March 2009, 05:18 PM
:mad:

great, another thing i want to get......:D

rampagesss
11th March 2009, 06:17 PM
OH HELL YES finnaly they are doing this! I am getting one of these no matter what! :D (thats also the way i display my superion without that energon crap)

Zippo
11th March 2009, 07:31 PM
That is one hell of an awesome set! More details please Kyle - you have three orders for me!

JuzMel
13th March 2009, 10:13 PM
Woopeedoo! Count me in on any group order for this kit! I just put another Superion on layby from Kmart today! :D Just for this upgrade kit!

Tetsuwan Convoy
14th March 2009, 09:43 PM
Woopeedoo! Count me in on any group order for this kit! I just put another Superion on layby from Kmart today! :D Just for this upgrade kit!

LOL! I bought one as well, for the same reason...:rolleyes:

kup
14th March 2009, 10:11 PM
Kyle, Hasbro should pay you commission as you are proving to be an excellent salesman for them ;)

I would not have touched that Energon Superion repaint if it wasn't for the upgrades.

TheFallen
14th March 2009, 10:12 PM

I had it in my hands thinking about it, but I would rather have Bruticus (need more decepticons) but nothing has been said about the add on being able to be used on Bruticus.

I'll have to make my mind up soon, the kmart sale ends on Wednesday

kup
14th March 2009, 10:35 PM
I had it in my hands thinking about it, but I would rather have Bruticus (need more decepticons) but nothing has been said about the add on being able to be used on Bruticus.

Bruticus needs a little bit more to be G1 Bruticus. He needs the two canons on his back and somehow to make Swindle the tank and Blastoff the helicopter. The latter is the real deal breaker for me but a great custom add on could persuade me to get it and then I may try to repaint Swindle and Blastoff.

Golden Phoenix
14th March 2009, 11:01 PM
nothing has been said about the add on being able to be used on Bruticus.

I don't think it can.
Based on the look of the boots and the way the hands look like they attach, I think they are make specifically for Superion.
It'd be the same for the Classics Devastator

liegeprime
14th March 2009, 11:19 PM

Also, the suckers have been vanishing ever since the sales started, it was shelfwarming when it was in its $63 original price, but ever since the sale they've completely flown off the shelves.....:p

As for me Im quite happy owning the two for now, I can live without the add-ons as I have an alternative combining form for the two - I think I posted a pic of how I prefer them to look in the Acqui thread sans the clear parts - march.

TheFallen
14th March 2009, 11:39 PM
Also, the suckers have been vanishing ever since the sales started, it was shelfwarming when it was in its $63 original price, but ever since the sale they've completely flown off the shelves.....:p

I went to a couple of kmarts today and they had an abundance of Bruticus and Superion. I might aswell just cave and go back in to kmart tomorrow and get both :D

TheFallen
14th March 2009, 11:42 PM
Bruticus needs a little bit more to be G1 Bruticus. He needs the two canons on his back and somehow to make Swindle the tank and Blastoff the helicopter. The latter is the real deal breaker for me but a great custom add on could persuade me to get it and then I may try to repaint Swindle and Blastoff.

Yeah good point. A tank as an astronaut is suspending belief a bit too much :)

JuzMel
16th March 2009, 04:09 PM
LOL x 2! :D We're just suckers aren't we! Always making Hasbro wealthier by the minute! :p And ya agree with Kup that Hasbro should pay you Kyle for being their "Salesman"....

Never hurts to buy first and refund/sell later rather than don't buy and end up regretting later or buying at inflated price. ;)

turtle boy
16th March 2009, 05:29 PM
Fapage

Eazy D
17th March 2009, 01:13 AM
You know, I think I really like this. The whole idea of the classics line was to produce toys that were a homage to G1 but with 21st century articulation. Judging by some of those poses Superion looks to have some really kick-ass articulation with the add-ons. I don't feel the add-ons are too much of a sell out from perfect transformation since all they're really replacing is the crappy energon bits and even the G1 combiners had attachable foot plates and fists [hell, devastator even had attachable forearms].

I can think of no cooler TF than one that is made from combining 5 individual poseable, articulated toys into 1 really big poseable articulated toy!

k.wong23
17th March 2009, 08:46 AM
Ok just tried putting superion together last night and failed miserably.

Those little antenna heads I just took off cause damn they were so LOOSE.

I could not for my life attach the legs because everytime you try and push it together, the leg ends up retracting the connecting piece. BLOODY FRUSTRATING so I gave up and left him. Also could not figure out after folding in the chest area, you are suppose to 'unfold' it again.....maybe I just suck at transforming?

jacksplatt11
17th March 2009, 10:46 AM
Don't worry Kwong, I found the exact same things, hence why he went back into his box

I like Bruticus much better

kup
17th March 2009, 10:51 AM
The Energon bits suck and they are unstable even when transformed properly.

K.wong, to attach the legs don't hold the outer leg cover, that will only slide. Hold the joint at the hip which is the same plastic piece as the connectors bellow and apply preassure there.

I have since changed the gestalt configuration to something more custom and made the energon bits look like hands (barely). They still suck though and whoeve thought that was a good idea should be whipped. They could have easily have come up with a better gestalt configuration without impacting the inidvidual toy design or budget expenses.

When I first opened it and begun to play with the individual parts, I thought 'Hey this isn't so bad' the two molds making Slingshot (yes, Slingshot!), Air Raid, Fireflight and Skydive are actually pretty good even if they screwed up the colors on Fireflight and Skydive. However when I combined them based on the official configuration, Boy, that is one crappy and dissapointing gestalt.

The colors of Skydive and Fireflight also bothered me so I pulled them both apart and reassembled them so that there is more red parts with Fireflight and more gray and dark colors with Skydive - Far from Perfect but at least they resemble the G1 characters they are meant to be representing much more than the 'out of the box' colors.

I also did a similar thing with the Classics Constructicons as it was crappy to see two Green Constructicons and then two Black ones. I mixed parts up so that all three have Green as their dominant color in Robot mode and Green as a cenral color in Alt mode.

Thanatos
17th March 2009, 01:58 PM
The colors of Skydive and Fireflight also bothered me so I pulled them both apart and reassembled them so that there is more red parts with Fireflight and more gray and dark colors with Skydive - Far from Perfect but at least they resemble the G1 characters they are meant to be representing much more than the 'out of the box' colors.

I also did a similar thing with the Classics Constructicons as it was crappy to see two Green Constructicons and then two Black ones. I mixed parts up so that all three have Green as their dominant color in Robot mode and Green as a cenral color in Alt mode.

I'd like to see pics of that kup if you have any :)

kup
17th March 2009, 02:22 PM

I did all parts reconfiguring late last night and I am at work at the moment. I won't get back till late so I may have pics tomorrow afternoon if I have time.

Adzma
17th March 2009, 04:24 PM
Configured my Superion to the one featured in the pictures. Looks much better than the official one, but like k.wong the legs took me ages! Got it in the end though. Looking forward to when he has proper hands and feet. :D

kup
18th March 2009, 10:27 AM

Here are some pics:

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=3815

G1Optimal
20th March 2009, 12:49 PM
Ok just tried putting superion together last night and failed miserably.

Those little antenna heads I just took off cause damn they were so LOOSE.

I could not for my life attach the legs because everytime you try and push it together, the leg ends up retracting the connecting piece. BLOODY FRUSTRATING so I gave up and left him. Also could not figure out after folding in the chest area, you are suppose to 'unfold' it again.....maybe I just suck at transforming?

I know the feeling...:mad:

Even though, i eventually did combine the Universe Superion "This" is the exact reason why, i am glad that i didn't eventually get around to opening my Energon Aerialbot's lot.:D

k.wong23
20th March 2009, 01:28 PM
hehe i am glad others share my pain!

I configured it from one of the modes in the acquisitions thread where he has hands, looks pretty sweet but will do until this custom set surfaces!

Thanks for the tips guys :)

Eazy D
7th April 2009, 07:34 AM
Kyle, Have you heard any further info about the accessory kit? I'm itching to know when a release date is planned. Has anyone got any info?

Thanks in advance if anyone can shed some light.

Kyle
7th April 2009, 02:34 PM
Kyle, Have you heard any further info about the accessory kit? I'm itching to know when a release date is planned. Has anyone got any info?

Thanks in advance if anyone can shed some light.

Don't worry. These might come sooner than you think... :p

kup
7th April 2009, 04:05 PM
Don't worry. These might come sooner than you think... :p

Do you know if there are any future plans for similar upgrades for the other gestalts?

orionpax1
7th April 2009, 06:39 PM
this looks great, you can put me down for one (depending on price of course) please.

G1Optimal
9th April 2009, 09:22 AM
I may be interested in getting one...
"if not 2 for the Energon Superion i haven't opened yet but, still may do"

Not sure yet whether i will able to get them yet?:confused:

kup
25th April 2009, 11:22 PM
Kyle,

Do you know if this upgrade is just for Superion or can it also fit the other Energon Maximus Gestalts like Bruticus?

I am asking to know if I should order more than one set.

Thanks

kup
1st May 2009, 11:36 AM
New colored pics:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/sponsor-news-19/fansproject-aerial-team-appendage-add-on-kit-preorder-167452/

Personally I would have preferred white/cream feet and hands as the dark colors really hurt the overall impact of the upgrades which stood out really well in the prototype pics..I am a little disappointed in that one :(

jaydisc
1st May 2009, 03:46 PM
The alt mode integration is fantastic! I remember some TFWers talking sh*t about the first images released because they assumed there would be no place for the parts in alt mode. Sounds like a cup of claim chowder.

kup
1st May 2009, 03:46 PM
When it comes to how the accessories, integrate - Yeah that is pure brilliance as its almost seamless, particularly when it comes to the radar dish.

Fungal Infection
1st May 2009, 03:48 PM
If BBTS is a guide, the $45 US price tag is waaaay too much as awesome as this add-on is. I'll keep mine the way it is unfortunately. :(

Zippo
1st May 2009, 07:11 PM
Hrm, I hope the final version looks good with SL Superion as I am planning on getting the set, but do not want to get the Universe set.

Adzma
1st May 2009, 10:26 PM
I hope those are just prototype colours because they look awful.

kup
1st May 2009, 10:51 PM
I hope those are just prototype colours because they look awful.

Yeah, I am hoping that too. The black is really 'Un-Superion' and really understates the brilliance of this upgrade.

Kyle, do you know if those colors are final?

iceburn
1st May 2009, 11:29 PM
+ 1 to the above qns.... pls make us have faith

G1Optimal
3rd May 2009, 06:36 PM
yes,

I also would of preferred the Black to be White ( like the Hand & Feet Accesories of the G1 Superion) "even a light Grey would". But, it still makes the Energon/Universe Superion look a lot better than with out it.

The thing that will probably be stopping me getting at least one is the price
current currency coversion on google is:
44.99 U.S. dollars = 61.5879535 Australian dollars so $62.00 each not including shipping

if i really wanted it, i suppose (or able to get one, as i read there apparently going to be limited)....
I could try and find 1 or more items, that i would like to get that is on clearance, to buy with it. :D:)

kup
3rd May 2009, 07:06 PM
I personally wouldn't mind gray forearms and creamy white fists (Like G1 Superion). For the feet a better color for the base would also be creamy white. The 'disc' halves and the blue and yellows can remain the same.

Color confirmation would be nice as this kit is much more expensive than I imagined and the colors as presented are a bit of a deterrent as I may need to repaint mine.

G1Optimal
3rd May 2009, 07:20 PM
I personally wouldn't mind gray forearms and creamy white fists (Like G1 Superion). For the feet a better color for the base would also be creamy white. The 'disc' halves and the blue and yellows can remain the same.

Color confirmation would be nice as this kit is much more expensive than I imagined and the colors as presented are a bit of a deterrent as I may need to repaint mine.

Was going to say it could be custom paint, but thought otherwise as the price probably dosn't make it worth it.

"That and i couldn't speak for myself...:D"

kup
3rd May 2009, 10:15 PM
I will still go for it to support fan projects though. They have done a lot of good for the fandom even if I disagree with the colors of this set.

G1Optimal
4th May 2009, 05:07 AM
Since, I am mostly focusing on the movie line this year .....

I hope, i'll be able to get at least one set "if not two" myself. ;)

Kyle
4th May 2009, 09:42 AM
Last I talked to them, the colours weren't final as far as I was told. Fingers crossed they won't keep the current colours. :p

kup
4th May 2009, 09:47 AM
Last I talked to them, the colours weren't final as far as I was told. Fingers crossed they won't keep the current colours. :p

Thanks Kyle :)

Fingers will be crossed until they loose circulation and drop off!

http://www.truthdig.com/images/eartothegrounduploads/Bush-fingers_crossed.GIF

Sam
4th May 2009, 08:59 PM
Hi, sorry I just read through the threat but can't seem to find information about whether this add-on kit only works for Superion and not other gestalts? Thank you.

kup
4th May 2009, 09:34 PM
Hi, sorry I just read through the threat but can't seem to find information about whether this add-on kit only works for Superion and not other gestalts? Thank you.

PM sent

kup
12th June 2009, 11:36 AM
New pics of the upgrade kit:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-toys--products-30/new-images-of-fansprojects-superion-add-on-kit-167907/

No color correction? :confused: :(

Kyle, are those colors final? If they are that's a bit of a downer..

Deceptic_Optic
12th June 2009, 11:38 AM
Kyle count me in on that one

Sleeve
12th June 2009, 12:03 PM
I'm trying to work what that 'radar dish' becomes.

iceburn
12th June 2009, 12:05 PM

feets?!?

Sleeve
12th June 2009, 12:14 PM
Feet seem to be on Silverbolt.

iceburn
12th June 2009, 12:18 PM
Feet seem to be on Silverbolt.

i think it's combined...

Sleeve
12th June 2009, 12:27 PM
i think it's combined...

Good eye. Yeah, they're combined to create the feet.

G1Optimal
12th June 2009, 06:07 PM
:D:D:)
Enough, with the pics allready ...

I am already interested all i want to know When and How much.:D:D:)

Deceptic_Optic
12th June 2009, 08:16 PM
:D:D:)
Enough, with the pics allready ...

I am already interested all i want to know When and How much.:D:D:)

likewise here my friend

Adzma
12th June 2009, 10:45 PM
Dang, it's a shame they went with those colours after all. I'll probably still get it regardless.

Kyle
13th June 2009, 02:48 PM

The ankles/heels for Superion in combined mode.

Deceptic_Optic
13th June 2009, 03:15 PM
The ankles/heels for Superion in combined mode.

i dont mind that as well hehe have you got this available yet?, hey Kyle have you got the Fansproject CC organise as well?

G1Optimal
23rd June 2009, 11:50 AM
any more news about these Kyle??:confused:

Kyle
24th June 2009, 08:09 AM
You guys will hear from me in the weekend... :)

G1Optimal
24th June 2009, 09:41 PM
:)

edit: sorry thought i wrote this earlier :o:o:o
Cool Thanks Kyle

Deceptic_Optic
25th June 2009, 11:13 AM
You guys will hear from me in the weekend... :)

Thanks Kyle whenever your ready. We just thought you forgotten and we know your busy. Thanks again

Kyle
30th June 2009, 08:56 AM
Thanks Kyle whenever your ready. We just thought you forgotten and we know your busy. Thanks again

Sorry about the delay. I'm buying an electronic scale this morning so everything can be worked out much quicker from now on. :p

Deceptic_Optic
30th June 2009, 08:58 AM
Sorry about the delay guys. I'm buying an electronic scale this morning and everything will be worked out instantly from now on. :p

thanks do0ode. just pm us when your ready :)

G1Optimal
30th June 2009, 05:01 PM
thanks do0ode. just pm us when your ready :)

What he said....:D:D;)

"Hoping all the things that i wanted comes to a less than $250AUD including the shipping":confused::o