PDA

View Full Version : Growing Up With Transformers

GoktimusPrime
3rd February 2008, 10:21 AM
I was helping my folks clean their house yesterday and came across these old photos of me (w/ friends and family) playing with G1 Transformers in the 1980s!

So yeah, this thread is for everyone to chip in and post up any pics you have of yourself as a child playing w/ Transformers! :D

1986 (my birthday) :)
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/G1%20toyplay/g1_1986.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/G1%20toyplay/g1_1988.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/G1%20toyplay/g1_1989.jpg
...I wish I could find that STARS base now. I had two of them but I have no idea where either of them are! (>_<)

1orion2many
3rd February 2008, 10:42 AM
:)Is that you in the first photo at the back right corner wearing the dress:p:D. Stuff the Stars base i want the Targetmaster :D.

Soundwarp
3rd February 2008, 11:09 AM
Dude that is so cool......

Unfortunatley i have NO photos of my childhood :(

autobreadticon
3rd February 2008, 11:29 AM
good times :)

i was born in 86, thats me the baby in the picture haha:D

Scattershot
3rd February 2008, 04:13 PM
Heres one of me.

Soundwarp
3rd February 2008, 05:11 PM
Man this is an awesome idea for a thread!
Wish my pics weren't gone.

Sam
3rd February 2008, 06:02 PM
For some reason I never took any photos of my TF figures.

Goktimus Prime - just wondering, are those your siblings or friends in the first photo?

kup
3rd February 2008, 06:52 PM
I also don't have any photos of myself with any of my toys. I wish I did as I miss my Transformers along with Masters of the Universe, Thundercats and GI-Joe. For some reason I don't miss my TNMT figures as much as the above.

My TF collection was mainly composed of 84 and 85 figures, I don't recall having any 86 figures. I remember owining all the Minibots except Windcharger (who I still don't own!) and Optimus Prime are the figures that I mostly remember. When G1 was first came out in 84 I was only 4 years old and since then my interest in Transformers never fully went away even though I only started collecting toys again a year or so ago.

Sadly due to crap parents, my original TF collection no longer exists. :(
________
Pregnant Redhead (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/922/redhead/videos/1)

Soundwarp
3rd February 2008, 07:34 PM

A mistake i don't plan on making with my kids!

GoktimusPrime
3rd February 2008, 08:59 PM
just wondering, are those your siblings or friends in the first photo?
My sibling is being sat on by me in that photo. :p The toddler in the red top and the baby are my cousins - everyone else are friends. And see that cousin of mine in red? He had TIME WARRIOR - and he's since lost it!! (>o<)

STL
3rd February 2008, 09:12 PM
I have mine somewhere but I'm a lazy bum with photos. I have photos on my phone that are 2 years old that I havne't even uploaded yet. Actually all of them. I can't remember where I left the USB cord.

Saintly
3rd February 2008, 10:05 PM
i remember those haircuts! :)

roller
3rd February 2008, 10:07 PM
i took a photo once, but since i was born long after the glory years of tfs my collection at the time of the photo had like 4 tfs

1orion2many
3rd February 2008, 11:49 PM
My sibling is being sat on by me in that photo. :p The toddler in the red top and the baby are my cousins - everyone else are friends. And see that cousin of mine in red? He had TIME WARRIOR - and he's since lost it!! (>o<)

:)Gok if I ever find Time Warrior anywhere and it's not stupidly priced I'll buy it, send it to you just to put you out of your misery;).
While I'm posting I might as well say this, when i was the same age as Gok is in the photos it was the 70's. I had some of the Die cast raiden figures and quite a large collection of Micronauts which were loved to death except for a very few which I ended up using to trade for my G1 Swoop:D.

autobreadticon
6th February 2008, 04:55 PM
i grew up with transformer parents, it so GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

springah
6th February 2008, 06:04 PM

Yep, I also hate my parents.

liegeprime
7th February 2008, 10:20 AM
:)Gok if I ever find Time Warrior anywhere and it's not stupidly priced I'll buy it, send it to you just to put you out of your misery;).

Eer a katana would do the job just as well :D:D albeit more painful and permanent :p

Glad to see you have these pics saved up Gok, funny, come to think of it I didnt ever had a picture when i was young with my TFs????!? for some odd reason. Youd think that after receiving my very first one - G1 Soundwave youfd wanna get a picture holding it high and happy. Hmmmm odd.. oh well m making up for it with lots of pics of the collection now anyways! Is there any more pics of you guys?

Addit: Were in the same boat Sam... oh just reminding you of them CHibi pics please!!!:D