PDA

View Full Version : Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

jazzcomp
13th July 2010, 12:01 PM
any inputs on which versions are better? (Maybe in deluxe version)
ROTF/Animated/Movie/HFTD/Universe/Classics/others

5FDP
13th July 2010, 12:05 PM
any inputs on which versions are better? (Maybe in deluxe version)
ROTF/Animated/Movie/HFTD/Universe/Classics/others

Are you referring to a particular character comparison e.g. movie Bumblebee vs Animated Bumblebee vs Classics Bumblebee etc. etc. etc. or just the toy lines in general?

It all depends on what you like e.g. you might prefer the movie athestics over the Animated toys or vice versa.

Each line has their standout figures and epic fails.

For me, I prefer the Universe / Classics deluxes as for the most part, they are G1-centric which appeals to me as a collector of G1-verse toys.

GoktimusPrime
13th July 2010, 12:14 PM
In terms of engineering and craftsmanship, overall I'd go for Classics/Universe. The engineering with movie and Animated figures are sometimes hindered/compromised by the fact that a lot of the characters were originally conceived as screen designs first, toys second. Whereas Classics/Universe is more like most Transformers and designed as toys first. A _few_ Classicverse characters are compromised a bit because they're trying to mimic G1 Marvel/Sunbow designs, most noteably Universe/Henkei Ironhide and Ratchet who carry a lot of folded up alt mode kibble in robot mode. But it's easily forgivable considering what they're trying to achieve.

jazzcomp
13th July 2010, 03:00 PM
thanks, just the toys in general.

like there are TF movie version, TF ROTF, TF HTFD. But yeah, I agree the classics/Universe are better.

But I didn't like the Bruticus/Superion for Universe. They changed the whole composition. Like Swindle was a jeep, but not in that version and others.

SharkyMcShark
13th July 2010, 03:06 PM
It depends what you're looking for in a toy.

The movie toys generally have the most realistic alt modes of all three styles, and the most complex transformations. The robot modes generally look distinctly alien and pointy. This style is my preference for the whole package - I love transformers that have realistic alt modes, the general complexity, and alien aesthetic of the line. Some of the highlights are especially the non movie characters.

The animated toys are on the whole quite screen accurate to their designs. They're quite poseable and have bags of character due to the small touches on their robot mode (Swindle for example having a bolo tie and formal shoes/boots). Something that they share with the movie toys, that I find somewhat annoying, is the use of fake vehicle mode parts on the robot mode. Also somewhat of a weakness is that there are no non show character molds (Oil Slick is the only one that was designed as a non show character, but was then incorporated into the show).

The Classics and Universe figures are the best if you're trying to recapture G1. The alt modes sometimes aren't the best (Cyclonus, Dinobot) but they're generally good homages.

jazzcomp
13th July 2010, 05:58 PM
Any source of 25th anniversary TFs? online or toy store in nsw :)

GoktimusPrime
13th July 2010, 10:19 PM
thanks, just the toys in general.

like there are TF movie version, TF ROTF, TF HTFD. But yeah, I agree the classics/Universe are better.

But I didn't like the Bruticus/Superion for Universe. They changed the whole composition. Like Swindle was a jeep, but not in that version and others.

That's because they're just repaints of toys from Transformers Energon (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Energon_%28toyline%29)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0zHq1yS8iM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iobXHT7287o

Those moulds were never intended to be G1.

It depends what you're looking for in a toy.

The movie toys generally have the most realistic alt modes of all three styles, and the most complex transformations. The robot modes generally look distinctly alien and pointy. This style is my preference for the whole package - I love transformers that have realistic alt modes, the general complexity, and alien aesthetic of the line.
I think the Classics/Universe alt modes are - by and large - realistic enough. But the movie alt modes are more real-life looking because they're based on actual licensed vehicles. For example Classics Bumblebee is a generic looking hatchback whereas Movie Bumblebee is a Camaro and so forth. But Classics Bumblebee is a really nice looking no-brand hatchback. And Sideswipe is a really nice looking almost-but-not-quite-Lamborghibi Gallardo. ;)

It depends on your personal tastes. If you really like real-life licensed vehicle modes then yeah, the movie line would have an appeal for you. If you like licensed vehicles, but you don't like the alien robot modes of the movie, then you might consider:
+ Alternity (only sold in Japan)
+ Alternators/Binaltech (no longer available in stores)
+ Car Robot/Robots In Disguise (no longer available in stores)
... and well, G1. :p

Some of the highlights are especially the non movie characters.
I agree. And again, I think this is because most of them were designed as most Transformers are - as toys first. Thus allowing designers to be unrestricted by making the toys "screen accurate." :)

The animated toys are on the whole quite screen accurate to their designs. They're quite poseable and have bags of character due to the small touches on their robot mode (Swindle for example having a bolo tie and formal shoes/boots).
Yeah but to be fair I think the Animated toys were easier to engineer than the movie toys because they're trying to create toys based on relatively simple 2-dimensional sketches vs. the movie toys which were based on highly detailed and complex 3D models (e.g. movie Optimus Prime's CG model has 10,108 different parts - that's really hard to scale down and translate into even a Leader Class toy). Also, the cartoon and toys were both designed in-house by HasTak (i.e. Hasbro designed the cartoon models and TakaraTOMY designed the toys - both companies worked in tandem); whereas Paramount was allowed to design the movie models with relatively minimal input from Hasbro.

Something that they share with the movie toys, that I find somewhat annoying, is the use of fake vehicle mode parts on the robot mode.
This is something I find that happens more frequently with lines like the movie franchise and Animated where characters are designed as screen models first. Toy engineers are forced to "cheat" with faux alt mode kibble in order to try and make the toys look more screen accurate.

Bah... this is why I hate the whole concept of screen-accuracy in the first place. Toy accuracy FTW damnit!

Also somewhat of a weakness is that there are no non show character molds (Oil Slick is the only one that was designed as a non show character, but was then incorporated into the show).
Well, the line is called Transformers Animated. ;) Also - such is the advantage of cel animation. But yeah... again... show-oriented line < toy-oriented line IMO. (-_-)

The Classics and Universe figures are the best if you're trying to recapture G1. The alt modes sometimes aren't the best (Cyclonus, Dinobot) but they're generally good homages.
I like Cyclonus! But I must admit it's my G1 bias that's speaking there, hehehehehe.

Any source of 25th anniversary TFs? online or toy store in nsw :)
Erm... I don't think "25th Anniversary" was the name of any specific line of Transformers. There were just some Transformers that came out last year that got hit with the 25th Anniversary tag since 2009 was the Transformers' 25th year. So umm... you can check out your local stores for any leftover stock from last year, otherwise you'll need to check alternative sources. The Parramatta Collectors Fair is coming up next month (Aug 22) - but ya gotta be there early (most of us are already in the queue before 8am ;)).

GoktimusPrime
14th July 2010, 10:11 AM
Question: Why do so many people hate G1 Thundercracker?? (o_O)

In both of Tommy K's Transformer Games I've tried to save the poor guy, but in both games a plethora of people just turned on him... so before he bites it in the second game, I'd just like to know WHY so many people are hating on him. I already asked this question when he was killed the first time, but I don't think anyone really answered me.

Click here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=159053&postcount=878) to read about why I've been trying to save him. And before the rest of you kill him again... I'd just like to know why (that way perhaps he can die (again) with some semblance of dignity).

Poor Thundie... (-_-)

SamLoi888
14th July 2010, 10:50 AM

In both of Tommy K's Transformer Games I've tried to save the poor guy, but in both games a plethora of people just turned on him... so before he bites it in the second game, I'd just like to know WHY so many people are hating on him. I already asked this question when he was killed the first time, but I don't think anyone really answered me.

Click here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=159053&postcount=878) to read about why I've been trying to save him. And before the rest of you kill him again... I'd just like to know why (that way perhaps he can die (again) with some semblance of dignity).

Poor Thundie... (-_-)

Sh-t colours.

Bartrim
14th July 2010, 10:57 AM
There were some nice ones in there, though the taxi wasn't that good. I'd suggest picking it up if you can find it at a decent price.

I got a set off ebay mainly for the taxi. Sure he wasn't the best figure but still he was a taxi and he was called Overcharge. Now if only they made a deluxe version of him:D

5FDP
14th July 2010, 11:31 AM
I like Cyclonus! But I must admit it's my G1 bias that's speaking there, hehehehehe.

I agree with you on this. To me, he IS the ultimate version of G1 Cyclonus. He would easily be in my top 3 Classics - along with Ramjet and Jetfire.

I don't.

Deceptic_Optic
14th July 2010, 11:42 AM
i dont neither...lol he just seem so weak so i prey on them...lol:D

1AZRAEL1
14th July 2010, 12:11 PM

I say it's survival of the fittest :D

jazzcomp
14th July 2010, 12:13 PM
any particular reason why takara is more expensive? are the hasbro/takara classics essentially the same?

SharkyMcShark
14th July 2010, 12:49 PM
The Takara Versions are generally what is referred to as Henkei (or Gentei), and are generally given more accurate to source material paint jobs. Also they have to be imported.

Ode to a Grasshopper
14th July 2010, 01:13 PM
That and the Japanese market is more targeted towards adult collectors than ours, so their TFs are usually more expensive even besides the usual things are more expensive in Japan rule.

Deceptic_Optic
14th July 2010, 01:23 PM
I say it's survival of the fittest :D

spot on mate

Gutsman Heavy
14th July 2010, 02:00 PM
Thundercracker is my favourite Seeker and has the most potential to be a great character, but rarely gets the chance :(

Plus he is blue, and blue is awesome.

Deceptic_Optic
14th July 2010, 02:12 PM
Thundercracker is my favourite Seeker and has the most potential to be a great character, but rarely gets the chance :(

and he is pretty easy to elimate in the tf games...lol

GoktimusPrime
14th July 2010, 02:16 PM
I agree with you on this. To me, he IS the ultimate version of G1 Cyclonus.
Well that's not hard considering the lack of competition! :p
However it could be argued that in the context of their relative vintage, G1 Cyclonus is superior to Universe Cyclonus because he does have a relatively tighter looking jet mode.

You bully! :~(

any particular reason why takara is more expensive? are the hasbro/takara classics essentially the same?
TakaraTOMY Transformers aren't fundamentally more expensive than Hasbro toys for Australians.

Let's compare RRPs. Remember that the JPY is worth more than the AUD, so I'm going to quote the following prices:
A: Australian RRP in AUD
B: Japanese RRP in JPY
C: Japanese RRP converted to AUD
D: Japanese RRP in AUD as it would be for someone living in Japan paying with JPY (i.e. no loss through currency conversion) <--i.e. this is how much the toy would cost for Australians.
So the fairest comparison would be between A and D.

DELUXE = A: $30, B: 2310JPY, C: $29.45, D: $23.10 - conclusion; we pay $6.90 more for our Deluxes compared to people in Japan.
VOYAGER = A: $50, B: 3150JPY, C: $40.13, D: $31.50 - conclusion; we pay $18.50 more for our Voyagers compared to people in Japan.

However, there is truth to what SharkyMcShark has said too. Japanese toys are (generally) of higher quality with things like superior plastics, more paint apps etc., so the Japanese RRP is higher than the US RRP (e.g. a Deluxe in the States costs 10USD ($11.30)). But from an Australian perspective, TakaraTOMY toys aren't really more expensive than what _we_ pay here.

But what can add onto costs for people in Australia are:
+ Currency conversion (especially if the JPY is really high at the same time as the AUD is low)
+ postage - although this gets cheaper when shipping in bulk, which is why many of us here love doing group orders. :D

Also remember that the main advantage of buying toys in a store vs. shopping online is that:
1/ You can visually inspect the toy for yourself.
2/ You can easily refund/exchange it if it's faulty.

heroic_decepticon
14th July 2010, 10:16 PM

I agree. I love the G1 cartoon Thundercracker colours :D

Hursticon
15th July 2010, 01:22 AM
I have just finished reading the articles on TFWiki about TM2 Megatron, Optimal Optimus and TM2/Fuzor Tigerhawk which describes the dropping of the 'Spark Figure' gimmick by Hasbro.

I had always wondered why these figures seemed to contain cockpits but no pilots and stumbling upon these articles on TFWiki, answered a Decade long question for me. That being said though, I was surprised to learn that there were a few examples of the Cryotek (TM2 Megatron) repaint that actually included a 'Spark Figure' produced by TakTom and Hasbro.

Does anybody know of a picture of this 'Spark Figure' they could share?, or better yet an example of one in their collection?

I have seen this picture though:

SharkyMcShark
15th July 2010, 12:37 PM
I have just finished reading the articles on TFWiki about TM2 Megatron, Optimal Optimus and TM2/Fuzor Tigerhawk which describes the dropping of the 'Spark Figure' gimmick by Hasbro.

I had always wondered why these figures seemed to contain cockpits but no pilots and stumbling upon these articles on TFWiki, answered a Decade long question for me. That being said though, I was surprised to learn that there were a few examples of the Cryotek (TM2 Megatron) repaint that actually included a 'Spark Figure' produced by TakTom and Hasbro.

Does anybody know of a picture of this 'Spark Figure' they could share?, or better yet an example of one in their collection?

For what it's worth Geoff Hursticon, having owned all of the Beast Wars versions of those figures (ie all three but not the Cryotek repaint), I actually couldn't tell that they were pilot seats until I read that article.

To be fair I was like 10 when I got them (except Tigerhawk which I got like 4 months ago)

jazzcomp
15th July 2010, 05:41 PM
any recommended websites to buy TF?

and non-recommended ones as well - to avoid. :)

SharkyMcShark
15th July 2010, 06:20 PM
I'd recommend

http://www.figuresdirect.com.au/

and

bigbadtoystore.com

5FDP
15th July 2010, 07:04 PM
any recommended websites to buy TF?

and non-recommended ones as well - to avoid. :)

Try here (http://www.otca.com.au/dealer.html) mate :)

Sky Shadow
15th July 2010, 07:30 PM

I know that it is said that the Japanese version of Cryotek has the spark driver, and I'm sure that's true, but I've never ever seen a photo of one (and I've looked). So I'd be interested too if someone finds an image.

Hursticon
15th July 2010, 07:34 PM
I know that it is said that the Japanese version of Cryotek has the spark driver, and I'm sure that's true, but I've never ever seen a photo of one (and I've looked). So I'd be interested too if someone finds an image.

I agree, I couldn't find a pic anywhere, hell, even Google Images was no help.

kurdt_the_goat
17th July 2010, 03:26 AM
What's the japanese name for the Spike headmaster on a japanese Fortress Maximus?

I can't seem to remember if you even see the small headmaster forming Fortress' head in the Headmasters cartoon, let alone if he was named...

Edit: Ok, no sooner than i finished looking and posting this, i'm about to close TFWiki tab and lo and behold, i must be ready for sleep :o

In Japan, Fortress Maximus's mental functions are housed in a small robot who transforms into a head and connects to a larger, lifeless Transtector body. This larger body in turn becomes the head of a giant Transtector, forming the robot known as Fortress Maximus. The Headmasters toyline referred to the smallest robot as Cerebros, who formed the head of the intermediate robot Fortress, but this distinction was never actually made in fiction, and the character was always referred to as "Fortress" regardless of whether he was in small or intermediate form.

snaketales
17th July 2010, 11:34 PM
Inspired by a similar question on TFW2005...

what happens to unsold toys in Australia?

Is there a big landfill site out there somewhere full of unwanted TF stuff??? :D

griffin
18th July 2010, 12:12 AM
It's the store's responsibility once they've bought them from Hasbro. That's what clearance sales are for, to clear out at a loss, stuff they bought too much of.

And Hasbro do the same thing if they have excess stock that stores aren't initially wanting - we see them cheap at Toyworld or BigW.

The only time toys would be destroyed or discarded, is if they are unsellable at any price, to not even cover the cost of shipping them. And even still, making a loss on one product can help sell another as part of the deal.

Ode to a Grasshopper
18th July 2010, 12:03 PM
Inspired by a similar question on TFW2005...

what happens to unsold toys in Australia?

Is there a big landfill site out there somewhere full of unwanted TF stuff??? :DMy theory is they all go to Toys R Us outlets, where they remain an eternal reminder of lines long past. Somewhere in the back of a TRU somewhere lies a Maltese Falcon, destined to obscurity due to perpetually being as overpriced as a celebrity divorce payment...

5FDP
18th July 2010, 01:52 PM
My theory is they all go to Toys R Us outlets, where they remain an eternal reminder of lines long past. Somewhere in the back of a TRU somewhere lies a Maltese Falcon, destined to obscurity due to perpetually being as overpriced as a celebrity divorce payment...

For some reason, that makes me think of this scene from Raiders of the Lost Ark ...

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/1688/raidersofthelostarkgove.jpg

:p

SharkyMcShark
18th July 2010, 02:31 PM
Each and every single one of the Transmetals Scavenger....

GoktimusPrime
18th July 2010, 10:22 PM
nah, Supreme Cheetor!!

dirge
19th July 2010, 10:15 AM
I know Myer will on occasion hire out a convention hall or something similar & move all their unsold toy stock there at clearance prices, open to the public. Target tend to slash & burn shelf prices until stuff sells - I've picked up quite a few bargain TFs myself down the years.

Darth Conlan
19th July 2010, 11:56 PM
Hi Guys,

Are the world smallest transformers authentic or are they just crap? Has all the Seekers been done also?

heroic_decepticon
20th July 2010, 12:18 AM
Hi Guys,

Are the world smallest transformers authentic or are they just crap? Has all the Seekers been done also?

They are authentic and was released in 2 waves - Wave 1 and Wave 1.5. I can't remember what figures were in which wave but each wave included stock standard G1 characters like Op Prime, Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave (with ravage), Prowl, Jazz, Thrust and etc.

I don't think all the seekers were done, just SS, Thrust, T'Cracker and Skywarp. The latter 2, as one would expect, were chase figures and go for quite a price nowadays.

There are non-authentic fan-made WSTs too - Grimlock, Slag, Sludge, Snarl, Swoop, Blaster and Shockwave.

If you ask me, the authentic ones are the crap ones and the fan-made one are kick-ass in terms of how close it is to an actual G1 figure and the level of detail on the figure. Not that I'm encouraging you getting any non-official figure that is (half hearted disclaimer in this case).

5FDP
20th July 2010, 12:39 AM
Would have to disagree with you on this one HD. I have some WST and the Justittoys Dinobots and I would have to say the Takara ones are better when considering the overall size (they're actually smaller). Plus, when I received my WST Swoop, there was a large patch of chrome missing from his wing tip (not to mention the infamous looseness of Snarl).

Dollar for dollar though, they're not that pricey so the level of disappointment wasn't at the same scale as perhaps MP05 aka. Mr Rusty.

heroic_decepticon
20th July 2010, 08:26 AM
Would have to disagree with you on this one HD. I have some WST and the Justittoys Dinobots and I would have to say the Takara ones are better when considering the overall size (they're actually smaller). Plus, when I received my WST Swoop, there was a large patch of chrome missing from his wing tip (not to mention the infamous looseness of Snarl).

Dollar for dollar though, they're not that pricey so the level of disappointment wasn't at the same scale as perhaps MP05 aka. Mr Rusty.

Oh no, Mr Rusty! You know what the DX Micromaster reissues of Sixbuilder, Sixtrain, Sixturbo and Sixliner that I bought in April, MISB, has began to show signs of rusting in various areas. Compared with the vintage Sixwing that I bought which shows no signs of rusting whatsoever, these reissues are pathetic.

I think with any toy, QC is going to be an issue. For example, klystron's Big Convoy was missing an entire piece right out of the box. (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=180996&postcount=403) But would you not agree that the level of detail and construction of the WST Dinobots are incredibly impressive? They are made out of at least 20-30 tiny plastic pieces put together with tiny screws, while the takara ones except for Megatron are made up of 5-10 pieces at most, put together in the simplest way, sometimes compromising the transformation.

In terms of looseness, I submit that WST Megatron is more intolerable than Snarl. :D

GoktimusPrime
20th July 2010, 12:39 PM
Hi Guys,

Here (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Smallest_Transforming_Transformers) is a list of all the official Smallest Transformers. Any Smallest Transformer not on that list are not authentic.

5FDP
20th July 2010, 03:47 PM
But would you not agree that the level of detail and construction of the WST Dinobots are incredibly impressive?

I would agree in terms of what Justittoys tried to accomplish, but in terms of execution they just fall short of me recommending them as a 'must have'. They are neat little representations of their larger selves though, just makes you wanna eat them up (not recommended and if pains persists after consumption, please see a doctor).

bruticus
20th July 2010, 06:23 PM
5FDP, i think you just had a bad batch of WST dinorobots.
mine were great. WST blaster and shockwave were also great! so great that i went out and bought 3 of each. 1 for each mode and 1 set just for the heck of it.
accurate paintjob (eg. blue chest swoop), nice chrome, nice diecast parts.

But of the legit takara WSTs i have, OP, MEGs and Thrust all have pretty crappy robot modes (more worse than their full size versions) whilst silverstreak and sideswipe are just magnificently constructed. other people seems to think so too as evident by their high aftermarket price on the bay. :p.

so its pretty much a hit and miss with takara WST's.
that or its a matter of second and subsequent waves improving upon the first?

5FDP
20th July 2010, 07:32 PM

Possibly, however mine were part of a group order of which the majority had similar issues. Maybe I'm just overly fussy when it comes to production values :p

heroic_decepticon
20th July 2010, 09:00 PM
mine were great. WST blaster and shockwave were also great! so great that i went out and bought 3 of each. 1 for each mode and 1 set just for the heck of it.
accurate paintjob (eg. blue chest swoop), nice chrome, nice diecast parts.

But of the legit takara WSTs i have, OP, MEGs and Thrust all have pretty crappy robot modes (more worse than their full size versions) whilst silverstreak and sideswipe are just magnificently constructed. other people seems to think so too as evident by their high aftermarket price on the bay. :p.

so its pretty much a hit and miss with takara WST's.
that or its a matter of second and subsequent waves improving upon the first?

Agree with you dude. The WST Dinobots come in colours that I want my real dinos to have - Grimlock with blue eyes; Slag with orange head, white upper legs and chrome horns; Swoop with blue chest and chrome beak and legs; all of them has chrome swords, etc, etc...

Possibly, however mine were part of a group order of which the majority had similar issues. Maybe I'm just overly fussy when it comes to production values :p

I know how you are with you collection, and I do think you guys got a bad batch. My WST Swoop is a pretty fine specimen in terms of construction and chrome and I know I'm one fussy person when it comes to TF condition too...

5FDP
20th July 2010, 09:55 PM
Perhaps I was just one of the unlucky ones. It's OK guys... I've stopped crying myself to sleep each night. No really, I'm fine :D

Darth Conlan
20th July 2010, 10:08 PM
Anybody know of anyone selling any Henkei seekers? Or Acid Storm?

Also are they going to do a Generation Ramjet to go with Thrust and Dirge or any of the other seeker?

Gutsman Heavy
20th July 2010, 10:44 PM
there was a Ramjet released for classics & Henkei, with anyluck hasbro will do a re-release in generations to complete the coneheads.

heroic_decepticon
20th July 2010, 10:46 PM
Perhaps I was just one of the unlucky ones. It's OK guys... I've stopped crying myself to sleep each night. No really, I'm fine :D

If anything, I think Rusty *ahem* MP-05 is more cry worthy than the WST dinos... :D

Darth Conlan
20th July 2010, 10:49 PM
Yeah I also just found out there is a classics Starscream that was released also. Thanks for the information.

heroic_decepticon
20th July 2010, 11:01 PM
Yeah I also just found out there is a classics Starscream that was released also. Thanks for the information.

I have a spare Classics Starscream (original release) and Henkei Thundercracker and Skywarp. Not sure if I can be swayed to sell the latter 2, but I'll think about it this weekend.

kup
20th July 2010, 11:03 PM
If you ask me, the authentic ones are the crap ones and the fan-made one are kick-ass in terms of how close it is to an actual G1 figure and the level of detail on the figure. Not that I'm encouraging you getting any non-official figure that is (half hearted disclaimer in this case).

Yeah. I bought WST Prime and Megatron and I liked them very much, they are awesome down scaled representations of the G1 toys. Recently I bought WST Prowl & Red Alert and unfortunately they were less than good representations of their Original toys, specially when the original Red Alert mold has such simple engineering which could have been better adapted. They also came with no weapons which was disappointing.

I have seen videos and pictures of the none official WST and they seem much, much better than the official ones as a whole.

Darth Conlan
20th July 2010, 11:11 PM
I have a spare Classics Starscream (original release) and Henkei Thundercracker and Skywarp. Not sure if I can be swayed to sell the latter 2, but I'll think about it this weekend.

Just pm me mate if you do with a price for any or all of them. I may have to save a little first but thanks.

Tober
20th July 2010, 11:19 PM

There are two Starscreams in 'Classics' - Classics Starscream (2006) (http://www.tfu.info/2006/Decepticon/ClassicsStarscream/starscream.htm) and Universe Classics 2.0 Starscream (2009) (http://www.tfu.info/2009/Decepticon/TFUStarscream/starscream.htm)

There's also a ghost/clear version of Henkei Starscream that was a mail-in exclusive for a book.

Then there's the Botcon seekers... you probably don't want to know about them...

Darth Conlan
20th July 2010, 11:22 PM
There are two Starscreams in 'Classics' - Classics Starscream (2006) (http://www.tfu.info/2006/Decepticon/ClassicsStarscream/starscream.htm) and Universe Classics 2.0 Starscream (2009) (http://www.tfu.info/2009/Decepticon/TFUStarscream/starscream.htm)

There's also a ghost/clear version of Henkei Starscream that was a mail-in exclusive for a book.

Then there's the Botcon seekers... you probably don't want to know about them...

See now you said that I want to know!

Gutsman Heavy
21st July 2010, 12:20 AM
they be expensive! and not as good (imo) as the easier to obtain seekers.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/BotCon_2007#Merchandise

Darth Conlan
21st July 2010, 01:05 PM
I think I like this one the best Universe Classics 2.0 Starscream (2009)

After looking at both of them, I like the paint apps on both. Two different looking seekers nearly. May have to get both anyway.:)

heroic_decepticon
21st July 2010, 07:58 PM
My spare is classics 1.0 SS.... heh

Darth Conlan
21st July 2010, 10:12 PM
How much are you asking for him?

heroic_decepticon
21st July 2010, 10:30 PM
How much are you asking for him?

ok, I just got the bugger out. It's Mint C10, sealed, never opened. I will start up a sale thread over the weekend. Lots to sell. I'll let you have right of first refusal for this piece.

Darth Conlan
21st July 2010, 10:36 PM
And any other seekers would be great mate (henkei hint hint) Nah thanks for that.I appreciate first look.

Darth Conlan
22nd July 2010, 11:27 PM
Another questions for you guys, In the last couple of years what planes have been released that are Autobots?

liegeprime
22nd July 2010, 11:58 PM
Another questions for you guys, In the last couple of years what planes have been released that are Autobots?

Erm which series? - all of em?

Darth Conlan
23rd July 2010, 12:12 AM
I dont know? recent ones I guess from ROTF onwards. Also was all the decepticon seekers released in ROTF?

liegeprime
23rd July 2010, 12:22 AM
I dont know? recent ones I guess from ROTF onwards. Also was all the decepticon seekers released in ROTF?

Hmmm sorry Baymovieverse Im not so knowledgeable so cant answer much. BUt I can suggest you go to www.unicron.com to have a look. They have their toy listed per year and with pics - hope that helps:)

AFAIK - Seekers wise

TF movie 1 - Starscream, and G1 repaint SS, Thundercracker,

TF movie 2 (ROTF) - Skywarp and Ramjet were repaints and store exclusive releases. Dirge and Thrust released post movie hype

SharkyMcShark
23rd July 2010, 12:56 AM

Since the end of the Unicron trilogy, and off the top of my head

PCC Skyburst

Universe 2.0 Powerglide (Western release, Henkei, Western red repaint)
Universe 2.0 Silverbolt (Western and Henkei)
Universe 2.0/ROTF Aerialbots set (there are 5 jets in here, and both the ROTF and Universe 2.0 releases are the same, just with a different box)
Universe 2.0 Tread Bolt
Universe 2.0 Blaster

ROTF Breakaway
ROTF Stratosphere
ROTF Jetfire

Movie 2007 Wingblade
Movie 2007 Jetstorm
Movie 2007 Air Raid
Movie 2007 Skyblast

Animated Jetstorm and Jetfire (same mold, although they're more space fighterish than atmospheric jets)

Classics Jetfire (Western and Henkei)

Henkei Dark Jetfire

Yeah that's all I remember.

Autocon
23rd July 2010, 01:27 AM
Movie 2007 Jetstorm

cant remember jetstorm of the top of my head:confused:

Tober
Breakaway and Jetfire came from the RotF line. Stratosphere and Superion followed.

Jetfire and Jetstrom, who combine into Safeguard came from Animated

Strafe, Powerglide, Silverbolt, Treadbolt and Blaster from Universe 2008 and 2009.

There are also going to be a whole bunch of legends and power core combiners that I've missed/neglected too.

Autocon
Since the end of the Unicron trilogy, and off the top of my head

PCC Skyburst

Universe 2.0 Powerglide (Western release, Henkei, Western red repaint)
Universe 2.0 Silverbolt (Western and Henkei)
Universe 2.0/ROTF Aerialbots set (there are 5 jets in here, and both the ROTF and Universe 2.0 releases are the same, just with a different box)
Universe 2.0 Tread Bolt

ROTF Breakaway
ROTF Stratosphere
ROTF JETFIRE

Movie 2007 Wingblade
Movie 2007 Jetstorm
Movie 2007 Air Raid
Movie 2007 Skyblast

Animated Jetstorm and Jetfire (same mold, although they're more space fighterish than atmospheric jets)

Classics Jetfire (Western and Henkei)

Henkei Dark Jetfire

!

SharkyMcShark
23rd July 2010, 01:54 AM
Lord how did I forget RotF Jetfire

EDIT: And Universe 2.0 Blaster... which I actually own.

cant remember jetstorm of the top of my head:confused:

It was one of the Target exclusive Cybertron repaints - it was a repaint of Cyb Jetfire (the cargo plane)

optimus1
23rd July 2010, 11:05 AM
Also Henkei Strafe :)

Gutsman Heavy
23rd July 2010, 09:39 PM
Any chance of someone scanning (or linking if possible) the Botcon 2010 spec cards for Sky-bite and Sharkticons?

griffin
24th July 2010, 12:07 AM
http://www.toycollectors.com.au/bc10/bc10pre.html

Gutsman Heavy
24th July 2010, 10:34 AM
epic! thanks griff

Autocon
24th July 2010, 06:12 PM
Lord how did I forget RotF Jetfire

EDIT: And Universe 2.0 Blaster... which I actually own.

It was one of the Target exclusive Cybertron repaints - it was a repaint of Cyb Jetfire (the cargo plane)

ah :o hes on my desk atm lol

Sky Shadow
28th July 2010, 12:04 AM
Just an observation after playing with my Botcon Sky-Byte tonight. Has anyone else noticed the insane number of intricate paint apps on that toy? Looking at him in shark mode, I can count ten completely different coloured paints on his dorsal side (dark blue, lighter blue, silver, white, red, pink, green, orange, yellow and purple. And I'm just talking about paint, not the six different coloured plastics used in the mould.) Is this some sort of paint record, or am I just unobservant and this sort of thing happens all the time? (And if so, which Transformers have more different-coloured paint applications?)

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/2237/timelinestoyskybyteg2re.jpg

dirge
28th July 2010, 04:42 PM
In keeping with the very detailed paint job of the original, I guess. Which I'm very happy about.

Darth Conlan
29th July 2010, 04:19 AM
Hey can anybody help me get a Botcon club G2 Ramjet? Will anybody get one that really doesn't want him at all? If so PM me as I'm dying to find out how I can get one.

griffin
29th July 2010, 04:43 AM
It hasn't been created yet. They don't even have a prototype produced. The figure is aimed for next year, but don't expect it to be out until at least middle of the year. At that time, there will be news posts here and on the global forums on how to get one.

jazzcomp
29th July 2010, 04:03 PM
Seacons? I saw some seacons here for $200+ that people ordered. Is that different from the one for sale on RK? Because that's just USD60.

http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType=Category&II=TFBC2010PS&lang=us&CatID=41

Ode to a Grasshopper
29th July 2010, 06:53 PM
The $200 ones were probably the Beast Wars 2 pirate Seacons (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Seacon_%28BWII%29), as opposed to the more common, non-Japanese-only normal Seacons (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Seacons_%28G1%29).
If you find a set of sealed pirate Seacons for $60 let me know.;)

ComicGuy89
29th July 2010, 09:28 PM
Hi guys, I have another question. For Masterpiece figures, do the Hasbro releases get released in Australia? If not, do you think is it more worth it overall to import the Takara or the Hasbro releases?

I'm asking this because I'm unsure if the Hasbro releases can be cheaper and worth the wait if they still have to be imported. Thanks!

kup
29th July 2010, 09:50 PM
Does anyone have a picture of Pyro's box? I have been searching but can't find one anywhere.

Boy do I despise what Google has done to it's pic searcher :mad:

Tober
29th July 2010, 10:21 PM
Hi guys, I have another question. For Masterpiece figures, do the Hasbro releases get released in Australia? If not, do you think is it more worth it overall to import the Takara or the Hasbro releases?

I'm asking this because I'm unsure if the Hasbro releases can be cheaper and worth the wait if they still have to be imported. Thanks!

I think we have always got the Hasbro Masterpieces here as Toys'R'Us exclusives at roughly double the cost of the USA RRP (which is not unusual for Transformers). Some of the Takara Masterpieces have been released as exclusives through Target at roughly the same cost or less as it would be to import them - but the quality control was really bad.

5FDP
29th July 2010, 10:43 PM
Does anyone have a picture of Pyro's box? I have been searching but can't find one anywhere.

Does this suit your purposes kup?

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/3227/pyroom.jpg

GoktimusPrime
29th July 2010, 10:54 PM
Only MP Starscream was released here as a TRU exclusive. 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime and the DVD version of that toy were released across different chains. As Tober said, some Takara(TOMY) Masterpieces -- specifically Ultra Magnus and MP Convoy w/ trailer - were released here as Target exclusives. I've read reports of MP Skywarp being released here as a Toyworld exclusive -- but I've never seen it in Sydney and I don't recall off hand any reported sightings in NSW.

So in terms of Hasbro's MPs, so far we've received all of them, although Skywarp's distribution seems uneven.

here (http://www.unicron.us/tf1993/foreign/boxpix/pyro.jpg)

5FDP
29th July 2010, 11:01 PM
I've read reports of MP Skywarp being released here as a Toyworld exclusive -- but I've never seen it in Sydney and I don't recall off hand any reported sightings in NSW.

I got mine earlier this year from Toyworld Port Macquarie. It was $99 from memory.

kup
29th July 2010, 11:04 PM
Thanks Guys! Now I wish I could get a Pyro.

I am willing to take a broken one as long as all the pieces are there :)

Ode to a Grasshopper
30th July 2010, 11:27 AM
What is the going rate for a loose decent-condition Pyro these days anyway?

SharkyMcShark
30th July 2010, 11:49 AM
I've read reports of MP Skywarp being released here as a Toyworld exclusive -- but I've never seen it in Sydney and I don't recall off hand any reported sightings in NSW.

So in terms of Hasbro's MPs, so far we've received all of them, although Skywarp's distribution seems uneven.

They've been hanging around in Toyworlds over here for about 8+ months.

kup
30th July 2010, 01:57 PM
What is the going rate for a loose decent-condition Pyro these days anyway?

Hard to say since he hardly ever appears on ebay. The last one I saw went pretty high at over US$100 and he was snapped in two! But that was a single auction, have not seen any before or since.

Gutsman Heavy
30th July 2010, 05:06 PM
Seacons? I saw some seacons here for $200+ that people ordered. Is that different from the one for sale on RK? Because that's just USD60.

http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType=Category&II=TFBC2010PS&lang=us&CatID=41

the ones I'm selling are the Beast Wars II versions, and that price is a typo, thanks! I'll fix that right up!

Ode to a Grasshopper
30th July 2010, 05:12 PM
Check your PMs Kup, I have a good condition loose Pyro I'm reluctant to let go of but could be persuaded to trade for a few significant wanted pieces of my own.:)

GoktimusPrime
30th July 2010, 08:43 PM
I thought kup already has a G1.5 Pyro... if he doesn't want it please PM me!! :D

Hursticon
30th July 2010, 10:23 PM
Could anybody tell me what the names are of the Transformers reference books that pertain to TF collecting and character (G1) model references please?

I know that one of the collecting ones has G1 Prime on the cover and one of the character model ones has Leozack's alt mode on it's cover, but I just can't think of their names. :mad::p

Any other publications that people would recommend would also be appreciated too. :)

Sky Shadow
30th July 2010, 10:28 PM
Could anybody tell me what the names are of the Transformers reference books that pertain to TF collecting and character (G1) model references please?

I know that one of the collecting ones has G1 Prime on the cover and one of the character model ones has Leozack's alt mode on it's cover, but I just can't think of their names. :mad::p

Any other publications that people would recommend would also be appreciated too. :)

In my opinion, Generations and the original Cybertronian guides are the best. I haven't read the Mark Bellomo guide but it looks okay too. A link to many of them can be found here: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Category:Reference_texts

5FDP
30th July 2010, 10:30 PM

When you say 'character models', are you referring to the cartoon? If so, 'The Ark' (bottom left) is the book you want.

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/3055/38368828.jpg

Hursticon
30th July 2010, 10:38 PM
In my opinion, Generations and the original Cybertronian guides are the best. I haven't read the Mark Bellomo guide but it looks okay too. A link to many of them can be found here: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Category:Reference_texts

Cheers Sky Shadow for the link, I remember the topic coming up before but trying to find it... :p

When you say 'character models', are you referring to the cartoon? If so, 'The Ark' (bottom left) is the book you want.

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/3055/38368828.jpg

Bingo!, that's the one I meant cheers 5FDP, there were 2 weren't there?, the first following US/UK G1 and the second focusing on Japanese G1 yeah?

liegeprime
30th July 2010, 10:43 PM
Bingo!, that's the one I meant cheers 5FDP, there were 2 weren't there?, the first following US/UK G1 and the second focusing on Japanese G1 yeah?

The Ark - there was one for sale at kings Comics in the City (Sydney) Not sure if still there if your looking for it Hursty hope that helps. BUt Im guessing its available in those online bookshops as well.

5FDP
30th July 2010, 10:47 PM

Yeah, there is a Japanese one as well. Optimus1 is selling a copy in his sales thread (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=7460). Not sure if it's still available though.

Oh, and as weird as it sounds, I got my copy of The Ark from Angus and Robertson. Give them a shot.

Sky Shadow
30th July 2010, 10:55 PM

You can now get both Ark books in one combined volume: http://www.borders.com.au/book/complete-transformers-ark/1204187/

Hursticon
30th July 2010, 11:00 PM
The Ark - there was one for sale at kings Comics in the City (Sydney) Not sure if still there if your looking for it Hursty hope that helps. BUt Im guessing its available in those online bookshops as well.

Oooh, If I'm able to make it to the Parra-fair I'll have to see if 1AZRAEL1 would like to go on an adventure with me, as well as anyone else who'd like to :D, I'm checking out Book Depository now. :p

I love TF artwork so I'm looking at trying to get the Ark book/s as well as Transformers: Genesis - The Art of Transformers (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Genesis:_The_Art_of_Transformers).

I want a Collecting Reference book like Generations so I can learn more about the figures we all love, like who came with what, who, when and why etc., but also so that I have an idea as to how broke I'll be in the future (looks at super rare Japanese awesomeness :p).

I know I can do alot of this online, hence OTCA :D, but I just think having a Hardcopy reference couldn't hurt either.

Hursticon
30th July 2010, 11:13 PM
Yeah, there is a Japanese one as well. Optimus1 is selling a copy in his sales thread (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=7460). Not sure if it's still available though.

Oh, and as weird as it sounds, I got my copy of The Ark from Angus and Robertson. Give them a shot.

Hmm, I'll have to have a look at both sources, cheers again man.

You can now get both Ark books in one combined volume: http://www.borders.com.au/book/complete-transformers-ark/1204187/

Ah that's even better as, according to TFwiki, both volumes have been compiled, edited and added to and then combined so theoretically that would be the one to look for, cheers Sky Shadow. :D

liegeprime
30th July 2010, 11:18 PM
I know I can do alot of this online, hence OTCA :D, but I just think having a Hardcopy reference couldn't hurt either.

Yes, nothing like a good reference book in hand IMO. You can enjoy the pics without having the need for electricity (for your computer) and you can always and ready to share it with friends etc as you can bring it along with you easy:D:) than a laptop etc. Also in itself is a valuable piece which IS a part of your TF collection. Just like comics and G1 catalogues ( well for me these are)

Ode to a Grasshopper
30th July 2010, 11:30 PM
I thought kup already has a G1.5 Pyro... if he doesn't want it please PM me!! :DI'll send you a PM, but as I'm looking to make a killing selling it to poor deprived Americans and/or Japanese sell it as part of a group with my old Ironfist, Snare and Rotorstorm - and a Guzzle if I can dig one up - as part of a 'Last Stand of the Wreckers special' in a very Swindle-style manner, he's likely more valuable to me as part of the group, so I was only looking at trading it for a few special pieces I don't have. Kup doesn't have any of them to spare, so Pyro is up for grabs...sort of.
Like I said, I'll PM you, but unless you're desperate you'll probably find it's better just to bide your time.

Hursticon
30th July 2010, 11:33 PM
Yes, nothing like a good reference book in hand IMO. You can enjoy the pics without having the need for electricity (for your computer) and you can always and ready to share it with friends etc as you can bring it along with you easy:D:) than a laptop etc. Also in itself is a valuable piece which IS a part of your TF collection. Just like comics and G1 catalogues ( well for me these are)

Hehe :D, Catalogues not so much for me but comics I wouldn't mind.

I used to own a couple of the Marvel G2 comics as a kid but unfortunately no longer. :(
I do own the 4 Dreamwave Micromaster comics (bought from eBay under the assumption that they entailed the evolutionary link between G1 and Beastwars, I was wrong, good read though anyway) and the 1st WFC comic.

I wouldn't mind getting the Beastwars comics but I've no bloody idea where to start - individual issues or omnibus etc. :p

Sky Shadow
31st July 2010, 12:10 AM
I wouldn't mind getting the Beastwars comics but I've no bloody idea where to start - individual issues or omnibus etc. :p

As long as you don't mind it being digest sized, get the omnibus: http://www.bookdepository.com/book/9781600103902/Transformers-Beast-Wars-Omnibus?utm_campaign=usbooko&utm_medium=api&utm_source=AU&utm_content=Transformers-Beast-Wars-Omnibus&utm_term=9781600103902

Hursticon
31st July 2010, 12:26 AM
As long as you don't mind it being digest sized, get the omnibus: http://www.bookdepository.com/book/9781600103902/Transformers-Beast-Wars-Omnibus?utm_campaign=usbooko&utm_medium=api&utm_source=AU&utm_content=Transformers-Beast-Wars-Omnibus&utm_term=9781600103902

What's the typical size of a digest?
Looks to be the way to go, does it cover all the Beastwars comics or just bits and pieces, man I'm feeling fairly noobish. :p

heroic_decepticon
31st July 2010, 12:47 AM
I want a Collecting Reference book like Generations so I can learn more about the figures we all love, like who came with what, who, when and why etc., but also so that I have an idea as to how broke I'll be in the future (looks at super rare Japanese awesomeness :p).

I've generally found that having the book is a bad idea because I would go, okay, this month, I'm going to acquire all the Transformers on page XX. Next month, its page YY; and so on and so forth.

Pages 32 and 33 of TF Generations is probably every G1 collectors' nightmare...

Hursticon
31st July 2010, 12:55 AM
I've generally found that having the book is a bad idea because I would go, okay, this month, I'm going to acquire all the Transformers on page XX. Next month, its page YY; and so on and so forth.

Now I know that came from personal experience Heroic :p, luckily for me I have no where near that sort of disposable income... yet. :D

heroic_decepticon
31st July 2010, 01:31 AM
Now I know that came from personal experience Heroic :p, luckily for me I have no where near that sort of disposable income... yet. :D

:D

5FDP
31st July 2010, 10:51 AM

Huh... so there is a method behind your madness :D

Paulbot
31st July 2010, 11:14 AM
What's the typical size of a digest?
Looks to be the way to go, does it cover all the Beastwars comics or just bits and pieces, man I'm feeling fairly noobish. :p

The Omnibus has all of IDW's Beast Wars comics (the two miniseries and the series of bios for all the toys). Size wise it's a bit taller than the average paperback but smaller than a comic book.

Hursticon
31st July 2010, 12:17 PM
The Omnibus has all of IDW's Beast Wars comics (the two miniseries and the series of bios for all the toys). Size wise it's a bit taller than the average paperback but smaller than a comic book.

Ah cool, excellent that's exactly what I was hoping for cheers Paulbot.
The physical Dimensions of the book don't sound all too bad either, I'll have to see if I can pick up a copy, after I pay for my Reissue Seacons this week that is. :D

Sky Shadow
31st July 2010, 12:22 PM

Huh... so there is a method behind your madness :D

Actually, to me that sounds like there's even more madness to his madness. :p

Skullcruncher
31st July 2010, 04:47 PM
Hi, just noticed this variation on the Pretender Bumblebee shell.

One guy has light hair and the other guys is a fair bit darker. There don't seen to be any fading on either shell.

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/3838/sdc13127.th.jpg (http://img411.imageshack.us/i/sdc13127.jpg/)
http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/4349/sdc13126.th.jpg (http://img529.imageshack.us/i/sdc13126.jpg/)

My question is what is the 'more common' hair colour?

GoktimusPrime
31st July 2010, 07:31 PM
I've never heard of this variant. Transformers Generations doesn't mention it (cos they do show the Waverider/Diver variation) and there's no mention of it on TFU.info, the TF variants page or TFwiki. Are you sure it's not due to difference in photography (e.g. lighting) or perhaps one has more pronounced photo-degradation (faded) than the other?

Skullcruncher
31st July 2010, 07:42 PM
I've never heard of this variant. Transformers Generations doesn't mention it (cos they do show the Waverider/Diver variation) and there's no mention of it on TFU.info, the TF variants page or TFwiki. Are you sure it's not due to difference in photography (e.g. lighting) or perhaps one has more pronounced photo-degradation (faded) than the other?

100% sure both are sitting here on my desk! I dont know how it could be fading on just the hair - the yellow on the bodies of the shells are exactly the same. :confused:

liegeprime
31st July 2010, 10:10 PM
100% sure both are sitting here on my desk! I dont know how it could be fading on just the hair - the yellow on the bodies of the shells are exactly the same. :confused:

Hmmm sounds like a poll to me heheheh:D

Well I just checked my Pretender Bee and its got the blonde hair one- fist pic

and yeah HD is just mad which is why he's in the basement :p:D

GoktimusPrime
1st August 2010, 08:47 AM

*shrug* maybe contact the TF variants page admin and see if he can help.

kup
1st August 2010, 02:06 PM
Hi, just noticed this variation on the Pretender Bumblebee shell.

One guy has light hair and the other guys is a fair bit darker. There don't seen to be any fading on either shell.

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/3838/sdc13127.th.jpg (http://img411.imageshack.us/i/sdc13127.jpg/)
http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/4349/sdc13126.th.jpg (http://img529.imageshack.us/i/sdc13126.jpg/)

My question is what is the 'more common' hair colour?

Why did they make Bumblebee look like a 55 year old US Congress man?

rampagesss
3rd August 2010, 01:41 PM
Does anyone know what color launchers the Diaclone Blue Bluestreak came with?
In the G1 Bluestreak instructions and catalogs show him with Grey / Silver
But the Diaclone box shows him with white, and the pic I have found on the internet from people who own one also show white.
So did he come with white or silver launchers? Need to know for my custom

Ode to a Grasshopper
3rd August 2010, 03:08 PM
Diaclone.net (http://diaclone.net/orid/dia042/index.html) has him with white launchers and silver missiles.

Draksprime
3rd August 2010, 03:35 PM
Hi guys, first post I'm looking at collecting the movie transformers and giving them a custom paint over so there more movie accurate. Does anyone have a preferred online site for purchasing or are most happy to buy at local toy stores?

GoktimusPrime
3rd August 2010, 04:04 PM
Local stores. :)

Paulbot
3rd August 2010, 05:04 PM
Hi guys, first post I'm looking at collecting the movie transformers and giving them a custom paint over so there more movie accurate. Does anyone have a preferred online site for purchasing or are most happy to buy at local toy stores?

Robotkingdom.com is a pretty popular online store around here.

Draksprime
3rd August 2010, 05:22 PM
Robotkingdom.com is a pretty popular online store around here.

Thanks, cool site might be placing a few orders tonight.

Paulbot
4th August 2010, 05:17 PM
Has any one purchased stuff from Germany? Any idea of how long it takes for something to arrive from there?

optimus1
4th August 2010, 05:22 PM
Has any one purchased stuff from Germany? Any idea of how long it takes for something to arrive from there?

I had a package take about 6 weeks to arrive here :eek:
The postmark stamp at the German postoffice proved it as well

Tober
4th August 2010, 11:08 PM

Yeah, a few times. Most packages arrive within a few weeks. One package took 12 weeks to show up (at my doorstep) - it was unregistered so I had already received a refund, eBay then refunded the seller. All international postage from Germany goes through a division of DHL, so it's a good idea to request registration.

Paulbot
5th August 2010, 12:48 PM
6 weeks... 12 weeks! :eek:

My package is coming via DHL and is registered. I've been checking the website daily :o It's still "in transit" but has only been in transit since Friday. I'm just a little impatient. Hopefully it doesn't take that long though.

jazzcomp
12th August 2010, 12:27 PM
what is rid?

Paulbot
12th August 2010, 12:31 PM
what is rid?

That stands for "Robots in Disguise" (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Robots_in_Disguise_%28franchise%29) the toyline/cartoon from 2001.

SamLoi888
16th August 2010, 12:03 PM
When is Darkmount and the next wave of Generations due in Australian retailers?

5FDP
16th August 2010, 12:20 PM
When is Darkmount and the next wave of Generations due in Australian retailers?

From my recollection, wave 2 is expected any day now with wave 3 due here in September.

EDIT: Source (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=185947&postcount=53)

Paulbot
16th August 2010, 02:35 PM
Does anybody know a good resource for scans of Hasbro Transformer packaging from the last decade?

We've not had clip and save tech specs since RID, but keeping all my card backs and collapsed boxes is taking up a lot of space.

I'd like to find some good quality scans of the back of the packaging (the bios, stats, and the stock photos with the gimmicks pointed out) and scans of the individual robot art from the front of packaging (for the series that have had this).

GoktimusPrime
16th August 2010, 07:03 PM
I can only think of unicron.com, but their package scans can be quite small and low res. :/

Sharky
16th August 2010, 07:11 PM
does anyone remember how many toys came out for Energon in the happy meals was it only 4

- Megatron
- Unicron
- Optimus Prime
- Ironhide

:confused::confused::confused:

GoktimusPrime
16th August 2010, 07:27 PM
Yeah, just those. Unicron's my favourite -- I just love the sheer novelty of having the Transformers' Dark God of universal destruction in the form of a little Happy Meal toy! :D Do you need any?

Sharky
16th August 2010, 07:45 PM
Yeah, just those. Unicron's my favourite -- I just love the sheer novelty of having the Transformers' Dark God of universal destruction in the form of a little Happy Meal toy! :D Do you need any?

Thanks Gok, i am good i was just going through some boxes and i found 2 sets still sealed + some extras wasnt sure if they were sets or i was missing some

5FDP
16th August 2010, 08:11 PM
Unicron's my favourite -- I just love the sheer novelty of having the Transformers' Dark God of universal destruction in the form of a little Happy Meal toy! :D

Unicron is the only Energon happy meal toy I have... love him! I did have Prime as well but think I lost him at work. His transformation is hilarious. He basically looks like he's bending over backwards :p

blackoptimus
16th August 2010, 11:12 PM
For Ebay, where is the "Ask Seller Question" link on the page? Did they relocate it? I can't find it anywhere.

griffin
17th August 2010, 12:17 AM
Should be on the right hand side, just under the 'Seller Info' box.

Gutsman Heavy
17th August 2010, 06:30 PM
who does the two pack ROTF Thrust (Ape-face deco) come with?

blackoptimus
17th August 2010, 07:53 PM
Should be on the right hand side, just under the 'Seller Info' box.

Nah it's not there anymore!.

blackoptimus
17th August 2010, 09:10 PM
When an EBAY item says the listing has ended, does it mean it's been sold? Or does it mean it has finished due to it hitting the expiration time? I can't seem to find anywhere, where it states the user who bought it sooo....?

1AZRAEL1
17th August 2010, 09:20 PM
When an EBAY item says the listing has ended, does it mean it's been sold? Or does it mean it has finished due to it hitting the expiration time? I can't seem to find anywhere, where it states the user who bought it sooo....?

It can either mean it expired, or was sold. As far as I know, I don't think you can view who won the item now due to privacy issues. I think :o

AussieJason
17th August 2010, 09:51 PM

Odd... I can see it there as "Ask a question".

I checked on eBay.com in case it was different from eBay.com.au, but it is in the same place.

5FDP
17th August 2010, 10:30 PM
It can either mean it expired, or was sold.

True :)

As far as I know, I don't think you can view who won the item now due to privacy issues. I think :o

Also true :D

False :p

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/3197/ebaya.jpg

griffin
17th August 2010, 11:54 PM
who does the two pack ROTF Thrust (Ape-face deco) come with?

Bumblebee.

Post a link to the auction.

The Scream Man
18th August 2010, 12:22 PM
Has Hasbro or Takara definitively said they won't be doing anymore animated figures, or does the success of Rodimus and Ironhide (Which from what I can tell are popular) mean we may see some more characters in Generations?

SharkyMcShark
18th August 2010, 12:36 PM
There's still unreleased stuff we've seen (repaints of Blurr, Bumblebee (as Wasp), Swindle and Starscream (as Thundercracker)) to which Hasbro's official position is that they're looking at ways of distributing them but have nothing solid so far.

Hopes for entirely new figures look bleak.

(although the Collectors Club is using Animated Blurr as the base for Transtech Cheetor this year)

The Scream Man
18th August 2010, 02:52 PM
*looks for pics*

Well, I cant see anything, but id buy another Blurr mold with Cheetor. That would be awesome!

For the rest: Sads.

Gutsman Heavy
18th August 2010, 03:01 PM
Bumblebee.

NOOOOOOOOOO! dammit!

blackoptimus
18th August 2010, 07:50 PM
What's the difference between MPS 04 Sleep convoy Japan and the Asia version? Is one rarer than the other? I've heard the Jap one was e-hobby or something.

blackoptimus
18th August 2010, 08:37 PM
Does anybody know the answer to my question?

kup
18th August 2010, 08:55 PM
Does anybody know the answer to my question?

I suggest that you wait more than 47 minutes for an answer before asking again.

christalcase
18th August 2010, 10:39 PM
What's the difference between MPS 04 Sleep convoy Japan and the Asia version? Is one rarer than the other? I've heard the Jap one was e-hobby or something.

From tfwiki.net (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Optimus_Prime_%28G1%29/toys):

Limited to 2010 pieces in Japan. The figure was also released in other parts of Asia with as a limited edition of 2010 as well, combined with the Japanese edition for 4020 total. The Japanese version denotes "Serial Number in Japan: ####/2010" on its bio card with the number out of 2010, while the Asian version denotes "C1 - ####/2010" with the number out of 2010 on its bio card.

In Japan it was an Toy Hobby Market exclusive

kurdt_the_goat
18th August 2010, 10:49 PM
Actually the japanese release was Toy Hobby Market (http://www.toyhobby.jp/common/special/trans.html) exclusive not e-hobby. The MP-1B (black version) was e-hobby exclusive.

SharkyMcShark
19th August 2010, 01:10 AM
*looks for pics*

Well, I cant see anything, but id buy another Blurr mold with Cheetor. That would be awesome!

For the rest: Sads.

It was announced at Botcon as being one of the Collectors Club exclusives for 2011, so no pictures are out yet. If it follows the same Collectors Club pattern as before there'll be a mock up picture in January ish.

The Scream Man
19th August 2010, 11:47 AM
It was announced at Botcon as being one of the Collectors Club exclusives for 2011, so no pictures are out yet. If it follows the same Collectors Club pattern as before there'll be a mock up picture in January ish.

gotcha. Thanks dude, much appreciated.

i may just buy anything animated....god i love that line.

The Scream Man
19th August 2010, 02:34 PM
...in fact in a semi related story; i can see on AMazon that season 1 and 2 are out... no season 3 yet? Is there any word on its release?

Also does Season 1 include 'transform and roll out' or do u buy that seperately?

GoktimusPrime
19th August 2010, 04:21 PM
Hasbro said:
"Unfortunately, there are no plans to release Animated Season 3 or to re-release Season 1 or 2 at this time. Granted, all plans are always subject to change, but we do not want to promise anything at this point in time."
:( :mad: http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/th_jaam_pain.gif

reference (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/animated-8/no-current-plans-for-animated-season-3-on-dvd-169444/)

snaketales
19th August 2010, 06:49 PM
The new transformation ratings...

If I recall correctly, 4 is advanced and 3 is intermediate. I guess 5 is expert.

2 is easy... so what does that make difficulty ratings 0 and 1? :confused:

5FDP
19th August 2010, 06:51 PM

If I recall correctly, 4 is advanced and 3 is intermediate. I guess 5 is expert.

0 is an AM and 1 is a Happy Meal toy :D

Paulbot
20th August 2010, 12:24 PM

The new scale goes like this:

5 is "Expert"
4 is "Advanced"
3 is "Intermediate"
2 is "Easy"
1 is "Very easy"
0 is "Non-converting"

Legends Optimus Prime, Bumblebee and Rampage are all Level 1.
Power-Bots Bumblebee is an example of level 0.

1AZRAEL1
20th August 2010, 01:20 PM
Legends Optimus Prime, Bumblebee and Rampage are all Level 1.
Power-Bots Bumblebee is an example of level 0.

And RPMs would be 0 as well :p

1AZRAEL1
20th August 2010, 01:21 PM
1 is a Happy Meal toy :D

Nah, some of them are pretty damn hard :p

(well maybe the old ones like the friggin McNuggets :p)

5FDP
20th August 2010, 01:42 PM
(well maybe the old ones like the friggin McNuggets :p)

Are you even old enough to remember those :D

1AZRAEL1
20th August 2010, 02:00 PM
Are you even old enough to remember those :D

Not when they came out, I was probably in my drooling stage. Oh wait, I still am :p Jamie has a few of those maccas toys on his table, and I was playing with them last time. Plus I used to own a couple of them.

Skullcruncher
26th August 2010, 09:52 PM
What is the difference between the 2003 and 2008 E-hobby G1 versions of Sunstorm?

Sky Shadow
27th August 2010, 08:44 AM
What is the difference between the 2003 and 2008 E-hobby G1 versions of Sunstorm?

The second release comes with a comic book.

Skullcruncher
27th August 2010, 08:59 AM
Really..... No box differences? I was looking in google images but couldn't see any differences at all.

gamblor916
27th August 2010, 09:39 AM
Mine didn't come with a comic book.

griffin
27th August 2010, 11:29 AM
I recall the Megatron is different, but hadn't heard anything different with the Sunstorm to the earlier release.
And the comic books that come with some of these toys (like Gadep and MP Black Convoy I think) arent guaranteed from some sources (like RK). Perhaps they are only limited to a portioin of the figures released, or from a certain primary source (like Ehobby).

bruticus
27th August 2010, 12:08 PM
boxes are different for the 2 versions of ehobby sunstorm.
also, the newer version says takara tomy on the top right corner of the box.

Skullcruncher
27th August 2010, 01:13 PM
boxes are different for the 2 versions of ehobby sunstorm.
also, the newer version says takara tomy on the top right corner of the box.

Cheers - and the collectors edition triangle is in a different corner too now that I have found images of both. Think I like the 2008 one better! :)

The Scream Man
27th August 2010, 03:42 PM
On the back of Rodimus and Iron Hide Animated's packets, there is a Wasp in Bumblebee form and a Black Blurr. Are they due for release? i cant find any info...

griffin
27th August 2010, 04:14 PM
Well, yeah, the packaging is different with Megatron and Sunstorm, but of the toys, I think Megatron was the only one that was different the second time around... but I haven't seen both Sunstorms to tell for sure.

GoktimusPrime
27th August 2010, 07:43 PM
Reissue Sunstorm's comic was made by G1 artist Yoshioka Hidetsuga (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Hidetsugu_Yoshioka) :)

Autocon
27th August 2010, 11:45 PM
if u have a registered item and the item can not be found does that mean it hasnt scanned in a ceratin point?

Tober
28th August 2010, 12:28 AM
if u have a registered item and the item can not be found does that mean it hasnt scanned in a ceratin point?

Is it USPS? If so it probably hasn't updated yet. There's usually about a 24-48 hour delay with USPS International Priority tracking. EMS and FedEx are much more punctual.

AustPost are usually pretty accurate too.

Eruntalon
30th August 2010, 08:45 PM
Could anyone who owns a G1 Fortress Maximus Photon Rifle please weigh it for me - I just received one in the mail and the plastic has an almost 'brittle' quality to it and I'm slightly skeptical about its authenticity. Mine weighs in at 33 grams. Thanks.

kup
2nd September 2010, 12:20 AM
Could anyone who owns a G1 Fortress Maximus Photon Rifle please weigh it for me - I just received one in the mail and the plastic has an almost 'brittle' quality to it and I'm slightly skeptical about its authenticity. Mine weighs in at 33 grams. Thanks.

The gun is actually pretty hollow for it's size with a fairly thin plastic layer for each half (It should split in two once screws are removed). Therefore it is indeed very light in weight for it's size but I wouldn't say that it's brittle.

Unfortunately I don't have a scale accurate enough to weigh it as its too light.

dirge
2nd September 2010, 12:29 AM
Unfortunately I don't have a scale accurate enough to weigh it as its too light.

Heh... the urban myth is that the most common private users of fine-reading scales are Jewellers and... drug dealers.

Any jewellers in out midst?

SharkyMcShark
2nd September 2010, 12:39 AM
Heh... the urban myth is that the most common private users of fine-reading scales are Jewellers and... drug dealers.

lol don't discriminate against drug dealers

Eruntalon
2nd September 2010, 02:34 AM

I actually have jewelers scales that go up to about 1 gram and a set of electronic scales that weigh in grams and ounces up to about 3 kg - very handy for eBay postage!

Thanatos
2nd September 2010, 05:36 PM
You know, I was thinking about a thread for this but this will probably do.

I currently have all retail available Power Core Combiners. I know a lot of people seem to have an issue with these figures, however I have found them to be some of the best toys I own.

I can easily rank these figures in terms of my favourites, in terms of their torso forms, alt forms, and individual robot modes.

1. Leadfoot
2. Icepick
3. Sledge
4. Smolder
5. Huffer
6. Searchlight
7. Bombshock
8. Mudslinger
9. Double Clutch
10. Skyburst

Overall, I have a theory. Is it possible the much worse 5 pack commander figures became first choice for the 5 packs so they could actually move product? I'm sure this sounds crazy, but I feel the Rallybots suit Leadfoot more than Double Clutch, the Aerialbots suit Searchlight more than Skyburst, and even Smolder looks better with the Destructicons than Mudslinger. Thoughts?

SkyWarp91
2nd September 2010, 06:03 PM
You know, I was thinking about a thread for this but this will probably do.

I currently have all retail available Power Core Combiners. I know a lot of people seem to have an issue with these figures, however I have found them to be some of the best toys I own.

I can easily rank these figures in terms of my favourites, in terms of their torso forms, alt forms, and individual robot modes.

1. Leadfoot
2. Icepick
3. Sledge
4. Smolder
5. Huffer
6. Searchlight
7. Bombshock
8. Mudslinger
9. Double Clutch
10. Skyburst

Overall, I have a theory. Is it possible the much worse 5 pack commander figures became first choice for the 5 packs so they could actually move product? I'm sure this sounds crazy, but I feel the Rallybots suit Leadfoot more than Double Clutch, the Aerialbots suit Searchlight more than Skyburst, and even Smolder looks better with the Destructicons than Mudslinger. Thoughts?

Do you mean like Hasbro purposely put crappy 5-packs together but released cooler 2-packs? That is possible, I wouldn't be surprised if Hasbro does have a Toy Marketing Mentalist on their payroll...

Thanatos
2nd September 2010, 06:47 PM
Moreso they were aware of the quality of the figures (have a go of Leadfoot, he's a great figure), and that the advent of online reviews would result in poor sales of the 2-packs and to be completely honest, I wouldn't buy the 5 pack commanders without the drones. So, in order to move the less well designed toys, they pack them with the main gimmick - the drones.

GoktimusPrime
3rd September 2010, 12:52 PM
I'm inclined to agree with your theory. I like Smoulder, Huffer and Searchlight whereas Bombshock and Skyburst are fail (IMO).

Bartrim
7th September 2010, 10:38 AM
I did a search and couldn't find it asked previously so do Robot Kingdom do a Pile of Loot thing like BBTS? I only want a couple of items from them and I don't know if the shipping will be too expensive if I buy 2-3 items. I do like the Pile of Loot as it lets me buy bits and pieces every now and then and save it up to receive one big parcel of goodies:D

blackie
7th September 2010, 01:16 PM
They don't. Wish they did tho :(

kup
7th September 2010, 11:11 PM
Will Generations wave 2 be released in Australia? It's taking so long that I am beginning to worry that we have been skipped.

swoop
8th September 2010, 06:27 AM
They have started to show up in toyworlds as of last week

5FDP
8th September 2010, 10:31 AM
Will Generations wave 2 be released in Australia? It's taking so long that I am beginning to worry that we have been skipped.

I had the same concern which is why I bought them from OS, but as swoop mentioned, they have been showing up in Toyworlds. Still doesn't signal a mass release though and those that don't live anywhere near a Toyworld are going to find it difficult to get their hands on one.

I wanted to play it safe and not worry about inflated prices because of a limited release. I could be completely wrong though.

SkyWarp91
8th September 2010, 11:42 AM

As evident with previous posts, they will be relased but my theory behind why they are taking so long is that the toy market is waiting till children go on school holidays (South Aus school holidays start in a couple of weeks or next week I dunno) so that they can sell more with kids spending more time at shopping centres. Also, because TFs are quite expensive especially for parents who buy the toys for their kids and maybe so to import the toy stores aren't rushing to put them on shelves just yet. I have no factual evidence to justify my theory but it's just my opinion :D

Though it may seem too-long for some of us, I consider it a positive as I'm a Uni Student that makes little from small jobs on the side and have more time to finish up buying toys I don't have yet.

GoktimusPrime
8th September 2010, 03:14 PM
I miss the 80s when Sydney had Toyworld. :(

5FDP
8th September 2010, 03:46 PM
I miss the 80s when Sydney had Toyworld. :(

And a Brashes :p

jazzcomp
8th September 2010, 04:35 PM
why did Toyworld Sydney close/move?

Golden Phoenix
8th September 2010, 10:07 PM

As long as we get wave 3 it doesn't matter.
Wave 2 is just WFC Prime, WFC Bumblebee, WFC Megatron and Darkmount.
Wave 3 is Megs, Darkmount, Soundwave, and Red Alert.

It makes Wave 2 kinda a half wave that is alright to be skipped because the new figures are released again in the following wave.

kup
9th September 2010, 10:14 AM
As long as we get wave 3 it doesn't matter.
Wave 2 is just WFC Prime, WFC Bumblebee, WFC Megatron and Darkmount.
Wave 3 is Megs, Darkmount, Soundwave, and Red Alert.

It makes Wave 2 kinda a half wave that is alright to be skipped because the new figures are released again in the following wave.

Those waves sound crazy. Why are they being released again in Wave 3?

jazzcomp
9th September 2010, 10:28 AM
Isn't wave 2 megs, darkmount, red alert and soundwave?

Wave 3 should be dirge, blurr and i don't know what else...

Sky Shadow
9th September 2010, 10:28 AM

If those waves are correct then ultimately I think it's a good thing - more opportunity to get Straxus and it just basically means Thrust and He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named are more shortpacked than the others.

kup
9th September 2010, 10:50 AM
If those waves are correct then ultimately I think it's a good thing - more opportunity to get Straxus and it just basically means Thrust and He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named are more shortpacked than the others.

Yeah it is good if they are that way but still very odd.

Golden Phoenix
9th September 2010, 10:59 AM
It seems to pad them out. Means that can use less new moulds/figures per wave. Gives us new moulds/retools for longer before they start doing straight redecos

Seems to be a bit of a misconception going around.....
Wave 3 is Red Alert, Soundwave, Megatron, Darkmount, Bumblebee and Drift

Wave 4 is said to be Dirge, Blurr, Megatron, Saoundwave, Red Alert and Prime

They seem to be doing cases with doubles of 2 new figures plus 4 from previous assortments. Wave 5 will probably just have 2 new figures as well.

griffin
9th September 2010, 01:15 PM

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=188410#post188410

jazzcomp
9th September 2010, 04:00 PM
are botcon exclusives better or just the same or worse? or just more pricey?

SharkyMcShark
9th September 2010, 04:16 PM
are botcon exclusives better or just the same or worse? or just more pricey?

They're repaints (and some of them are head remolds) of existing figures to represent new characters.

Depends if you like the character/theme of any given year.

For example I was all over Sideswipe and Sunstreaker from the RiD Prowl mold.

Some of the newer stuff, not so much.

GoktimusPrime
9th September 2010, 10:47 PM
As SharkyMcShark said, they're mostly just repaints (some of them are slight retools) of existing moulds. The best thing to do with limited exclusive toys if you want them, is to get them _early_ (i.e. pre-order or buy them as soon as they're released) -- that way you avoid paying expensive after-market prices.

Sharky
10th September 2010, 08:08 AM
*SNIP*
Seems to be a bit of a misconception going around.....
Wave 3 is Red Alert, Soundwave, Megatron, Darkmount, Bumblebee and Drift

Wave 4 is said to be Dirge, Blurr, Megatron, Saoundwave, Red Alert and Prime

They seem to be doing cases with doubles of 2 new figures plus 4 from previous assortments. Wave 5 will probably just have 2 new figures as well.

just to confirm with some pretty pics

Wave 1

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/Sharkysparky/stuff/TG_G_W1.jpg

Wave 2

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/Sharkysparky/stuff/TG_G_W2.jpg

Wave 3

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/Sharkysparky/stuff/TG_G_W3.jpg

Wave 4

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/Sharkysparky/stuff/TG_G_W4.jpg

The Scream Man
10th September 2010, 02:07 PM
well thats easy. WFC Megs and soundwave, then Red Alert and MAYBE Blurr, though i havent decided with him yet.

Gutsman Heavy
10th September 2010, 05:23 PM
How is the head of TM Waspinator connected to the body? I assume its ball jointed but is the socket on the head or the torso? basically want to know how hard a head swap would be.

Hursticon
10th September 2010, 10:30 PM
How is the head of TM Waspinator connected to the body? I assume its ball jointed but is the socket on the head or the torso? basically want to know how hard a head swap would be.

To answer your question Gutsman,
Beast Wars TransMetal Waspinator's head is indeed connected to the body via a Ball and Socket joint.
The Socket being located on the body and the Ball located on the base of Waspy's neck.

Hope that help's mate, I'd've taken pics but I'm embarrassed by how incredibly dusty mine is. :o:p

GoktimusPrime
11th September 2010, 12:48 AM
thanks for the picture guide Sharky. :) My local stores are still stuck on Wave 1... so it looks like I won't be finding Dirge till 2011. :(

Gutsman Heavy
11th September 2010, 01:47 AM
To answer your question Gutsman,
Beast Wars TransMetal Waspinator's head is indeed connected to the body via a Ball and Socket joint.
The Socket being located on the body and the Ball located on the base of Waspy's neck.

Hope that help's mate, I'd've taken pics but I'm embarrassed by how incredibly dusty mine is. :o:p

that helps thanks, I was hoping for it to be the other way around :(

Eruntalon
13th September 2010, 10:04 AM

Has anyone been able to weigh this yet?

GoktimusPrime
13th September 2010, 10:40 AM
If you buy me a Fort Max photon rifle I'll weigh it for you. ;p Have you tried just bringing it to a jeweller and asking them to weigh it for you? I'd consider doing that if I were you. :)

1AZRAEL1
13th September 2010, 10:43 AM
If you buy me a Fort Max photon rifle I'll weigh it for you. ;p Have you tried just bringing it to a jeweller and asking them to weigh it for you? I'd consider doing that if I were you. :)

I think he is wanting someone to weigh theirs so he can compare to the one he has. I'd do it if I had one :p

rampagesss
13th September 2010, 11:40 AM
A qiuck question about G1 Bumblejumper.
i have found a ok one one TFW but the wheel rivits are rusted, just wondering if any other Mini bot had the same arms?
My thinking is that i could take Bumblejumper apart and swap his arem for Cliffjumper's or Bumblebee's that way he mint.

Can anyone confirm that the all have the same size wheels and arms?

Skullcruncher
13th September 2010, 11:49 AM
A qiuck question about G1 Bumblejumper.
i have found a ok one one TFW but the wheel rivits are rusted, just wondering if any other Mini bot had the same arms?
My thinking is that i could take Bumblejumper apart and swap his arem for Cliffjumper's or Bumblebee's that way he mint.

Can anyone confirm that the all have the same size wheels and arms?

I belive its cliffjumper - I'm looking for a cj for new wheels for one of mine!

rampagesss
13th September 2010, 11:53 AM
I belive its cliffjumper - I'm looking for a cj for new wheels for one of mine!

So you can swap Bumblejumpers and Cliffjumpers wheels with each others?

Skullcruncher
13th September 2010, 01:36 PM

Yep the wheels/arm piece.

rampagesss
13th September 2010, 01:47 PM

YAY ok now im going to buy Bumblejumper! and fix him up
Thanks for that Skullcruncher! :D

dirge
13th September 2010, 09:27 PM

To clarify, you can't swap CJ & BB's arms, although the wheels/tyres are fine.

Cliffjumper & Hubcap share the same arms, but Bumblejumper's arms will only work with Bumblejumper. Bumblebee's arms will work only with him.

(I'm ignoring the later repaints like Bug Bite for simplicity's sake)

Eruntalon
13th September 2010, 11:08 PM
I think he is wanting someone to weigh theirs so he can compare to the one he has. I'd do it if I had one :p

Yes.

Skullcruncher
14th September 2010, 11:25 AM
To clarify, you can't swap CJ & BB's arms, although the wheels/tyres are fine.

Cliffjumper & Hubcap share the same arms, but Bumblejumper's arms will only work with Bumblejumper. Bumblebee's arms will work only with him.

(I'm ignoring the later repaints like Bug Bite for simplicity's sake)

Are you 100%? I remember swapping mine out and there was no difference, hes now in storage but im looking for CJ for Bumble #2 whos is on my desk and his tires are ratty.

GoktimusPrime
14th September 2010, 01:43 PM
I find the keychain reissues were a good and fairly cheap source for spare tyres for Bumblebee and Cliffjumper.

kaiden
14th September 2010, 02:42 PM
I remember a topic about using a US forwarding service but searching doesnt come up with the info i need. someone posted about a really cheap one.

Can the forwarding service be used with registering for the TFCC?

dirge
14th September 2010, 08:04 PM
Are you 100%?

Yes, 100%. The swap will work in robot mode, but since the three are different cars (Cliffjumper is a Porsche 944, Bumblebee a VW Beetle and Bumblejumper a Mazda 323), the arms are slightly different shapes, as the vehicles are of different shapes. While Hubcap has some retooling in vehicle mode, it affects the rear bumper & spoiler, not the running boards (arms).

jazzcomp
16th September 2010, 10:45 AM
do you prefer a g1 redeco or the regular TFTM? Why?

LordCyrusOmega
16th September 2010, 01:21 PM
In regards to the Unicron Trilogy (Armada, Energon, Cybertron)

If the Minicons were so powerful why in later series were they not still a focus point? Like wise in Cybertron where energon was forgotten about (the focus of the Energon series)

Was this due to the nature of the toy series and was it explored in the comics at al?

GoktimusPrime
16th September 2010, 04:08 PM
do you prefer a g1 redeco or the regular TFTM? Why?
"Do you prefer a G1 redeco or the regular Transformers The Movie? Why?"
...is this what you mean? If so I'm afraid I don't understand the question. :(

If the Minicons were so powerful why in later series were they not still a focus point? Like wise in Cybertron where energon was forgotten about (the focus of the Energon series)

Was this due to the nature of the toy series and was it explored in the comics at al?
This might help:
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Mini-con

Sky Shadow
16th September 2010, 06:25 PM
"Do you prefer a G1 redeco or the regular Transformers The Movie? Why?"
...is this what you mean? If so I'm afraid I don't understand the question. :(

I didn't either for a good ten minutes, but if you replace "Transformers: The Movie" with "the Michael Bay film toys" then the question would be asking:

"With the Michael Bay film toys, do you prefer the regular film decos or G1 redecos? Why?"

Which makes sense (and is presumably what the question is asking. Otherwise, I have no idea).

jazzcomp
16th September 2010, 07:28 PM
yup, that was what I meant. If you were to buy the TFTM (transformer the movie), which would you choose the g1 redeco or the regular one?

Sky Shadow
17th September 2010, 08:24 AM
yup, that was what I meant. If you were to buy the TFTM (transformer the movie), which would you choose the g1 redeco or the regular one?

Jazzcomp - just to explain why your phrasing is confusing... Transformers: The Movie is the name of the 1986 animated film, which is G1. If you're referring to the Michael Bay films then it helps to not refer to them them by that name.

GoktimusPrime
17th September 2010, 09:46 AM
oh right. I prefer the original movie colours. I'm not a fan of either G1 coloured movie toys or movie-coloured G1 toys. The only exception for me is Protect Ironhide, but that's only cos it's really his original Diaclone colours which by sheer fluke happen to be his movie colours.

jazzcomp
17th September 2010, 10:14 AM
Jazzcomp - just to explain why your phrasing is confusing... Transformers: The Movie is the name of the 1986 animated film, which is G1. If you're referring to the Michael Bay films then it helps to not refer to them them by that name.
in terms of toy line, most i think use TFTM for the cgi/live movie and ROTF for the 2nd TF movie.

If I were to refer to the animated movie, I think I would just use G1.
But thanks for clarifying the confusion.

Example below:
http://www.transformerland.com/store/reference_images/20442.jpg VS http://tformers.net/g/albums/8123/8122-3.jpg

Paulbot
17th September 2010, 10:48 AM
No... TFTM has around 15 years of history as the online acronym for the cartoon movie.

You're more likely to see the toys referred to with the prefix "Movie" (Movie Brawl, Movie Blackout), or maybe (rarely) TFM.

To your question, the original colours are better than the Redecoes in most cases. I don't like them trying to merge the G1 characters with the Movie ones by giving movie characters the G1 redecoes.

GoktimusPrime
17th September 2010, 10:53 AM
jazzcomp: I prefer the original movie coloured Jazz over the G1 coloured movie Jazz. While I don't think the G1 coloured movie Jazz looks bad, it does nothing for me. The only G1 coloured movie toy I got was Legends Rescue Ratchet, and that's only because he actually appears in the movie. Well, there's an ambulance - same model as Ratchet - in those G1 colours, that appears in the first movie (briefly in one scene; at the airbase where Sector 7 collects Lennox and his men). It's probably meant to just be an ordinary ambulance, but in the Gokiverse it's Movie First Aid. :D

SkyWarp91
17th September 2010, 02:48 PM
QUESTION: I like to collect TFs and keep their packaging/boxes. However recently I've gotten so many TFs that I'm running out of room and don't know where to put any future TFs I acquire? Any advice on how to deal with this issue or room shortage???

GoktimusPrime
17th September 2010, 03:53 PM
I've come across the dilemma of having too many boxes, so I'm in the process of purging them - hopefully I offload my excess packaging, otherwise they're going in the bin (and it'd be a real shame for some of the rarer boxes to get binned).

Your other option is to make storage for your boxes... which seems like a waste to me. Something you can do is flatten your boxes for storage. But I dunno... I don't see the point of collecting things for storage. If I can't see it and/or use it then I don't see the purpose of keeping it.

LordCyrusOmega
17th September 2010, 04:46 PM
Thanks for that Gok. Helped some. I just couldn't work out why the transformers stopped fighting over the power of the minicons and later energon. Imagine megatron powerlinked with a minicon, An energon weapon in one hand and powered by a cyber key!

kaiden
17th September 2010, 05:38 PM
I used to keep the boxes from my revoltechs... but they took up too much room and it didnt help that they had the plastic black tray inside. ended up throwing away all the boxes, and now i dont keep any boxes at all.

the only thing that annoys me is that the hasbro transformers have their info/stats printed onto the box/backing card and i have to throw them all away. i much prefer it printed on cards like henkei and the seacons reissue were really nice and shiny.

5FDP
17th September 2010, 06:05 PM
Something you can do is flatten your boxes for storage. But I dunno... I don't see the point of collecting things for storage. If I can't see it and/or use it then I don't see the purpose of keeping it.

I do this as well. If / when I ever sell a toy, I can then say it's MIB ;)

jazzcomp
18th September 2010, 01:15 AM
No... TFTM has around 15 years of history as the online acronym for the cartoon movie.
You're more likely to see the toys referred to with the prefix "Movie" (Movie Brawl, Movie Blackout), or maybe (rarely) TFM.

To your question, the original colours are better than the Redecoes in most cases. I don't like them trying to merge the G1 characters with the Movie ones by giving movie characters the G1 redecoes.
i guess i think there's no point in raising a character as tftm animated movie when it's the same as the tv series. unless the gen1 is different than the animated tftm toy version.

jazzcomp: I prefer the original movie coloured Jazz over the G1 coloured movie Jazz. While I don't think the G1 coloured movie Jazz looks bad, it does nothing for me. The only G1 coloured movie toy I got was Legends Rescue Ratchet, and that's only because he actually appears in the movie. Well, there's an ambulance - same model as Ratchet - in those G1 colours, that appears in the first movie (briefly in one scene; at the airbase where Sector 7 collects Lennox and his men). It's probably meant to just be an ordinary ambulance, but in the Gokiverse it's Movie First Aid. :D
just curious since redecos seem to be priced a little bit higher than movie versions in the selling forums :)

heroic_decepticon
19th September 2010, 03:03 AM
Yes, 100%. The swap will work in robot mode, but since the three are different cars (Cliffjumper is a Porsche 944, Bumblebee a VW Beetle and Bumblejumper a Mazda 323), the arms are slightly different shapes, as the vehicles are of different shapes. While Hubcap has some retooling in vehicle mode, it affects the rear bumper & spoiler, not the running boards (arms).

I'd take the man at his word. Bumblejumper is actually of a slightly different size with BB and CJ, so I won't be surprised the arms a different if only slightly.

I'll check and confirm for you when I'm in HK. All my stuff is on a boat on the way there at the moment (however, I'm pretty sure dirge would have checked his pieces before he answered anyway).

liegeprime
19th September 2010, 03:32 AM
@rampagesss

bumblebee, bumblejumper, cliffjumper, hubcap - these four can switch tires with one another, same size no probs- Ive done it ages ago:p

the shape of the arms that the tires are attached to is another matter entirely ( especially the shoulder part)
Bumblebee and Bumblejumper has the same mold sliding arm, while Hubcap and Cliffjumper has the same, those parts you CANT interchange coz of the shape difference on the shoulder area. You can jam it in yeah but that would ruin your toy and get it stuck plus you wont be able to roll the wheels smoothly if you tried forcing it - Ive tried.

tinyJazz
19th September 2010, 05:20 AM
i guess i think there's no point in raising a character as tftm animated movie when it's the same as the tv series. unless the gen1 is different than the animated tftm toy version.

Only the the film is referred to as TFTM, the toys are still G1. It's an acronym for the film title. Only. (and only that film, no other films) :mad::mad::mad:;) We cool? :cool:

just curious since redecos seem to be priced a little bit higher than movie versions in the selling forums :)

Uh, obviously it's because martini racing stripes look good on ANYTHING, and therefore warrant a higher price. :rolleyes:

But I think it's actually because they got a limited/no release in here in aus? Anyone?

GoktimusPrime
19th September 2010, 10:31 AM
G1 redeco moofie Jazz was sold here as a Toys R Us exclusive - but it otherwise wasn't rare... just a store exclusive (much like how Legends movie Devastator is currently a Target exclusive, but I find it easy to find and in plentiful quantities too). But the thing was that TRU sold that Jazz at the ridiculous price of $50! :o So it wouldn't surprise me if people selling the toy are charging a premium price, because they would have paid a premium price to get the toy in the first place.