PDA

View Full Version : Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Vector Prime
29th November 2010, 12:28 PM
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150098779220070&set=a.10150098779145070.308319.14462290069&pid=7843148&id=14462290069

which toy is that jet?

Jhiaxus I think

http://www.bigislandtoys.com/images2/26355.jpg

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Jhiaxus#Robots_in_Disguise

Bartrim
5th December 2010, 06:35 PM
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Shimmer

I thought thats what the shimmer was until I re-read "bullets" and at the end Skyfall commits suicide by drinking a green "shimmering" liquid.

Can someone help me understand?

Paulbot
5th December 2010, 11:09 PM
Spoilers for the Last Stand of the Wreckers trade Skyfall drinks Ironfist's sample of Gideons Glue which kills him. That weapon it turns out is a shimmering green liquid. The others in this story who see the Shimmer are seeing Springers holographic invitation to join the Wreckers. Flattop freaked at the shimmering green image because he was a post-traumatic stress victim of Gideons Glue. So basically there are two shimmering green things that both tend to lead to death to those who see them.

Bartrim
6th December 2010, 07:28 AM
I thought so... Cheers for clearing that up Paul:)

gekisou
6th December 2010, 11:53 AM
Spoilers for the Last Stand of the Wreckers trade Skyfall drinks Ironfist's sample of Gideons Glue which kills him. That weapon it turns out is a shimmering green liquid. The others in this story who see the Shimmer are seeing Springers holographic invitation to join the Wreckers. Flattop freaked at the shimmering green image because he was a post-traumatic stress victim of Gideons Glue. So basically there are two shimmering green things that both tend to lead to death to those who see them.

So this is additional stuff in the trade that wasn't in the regular comic? EVIL!!!

Tetsuwan Convoy
11th December 2010, 02:40 AM
In the G1 cartoon, is there any explanation of why the Autobots are called autobots? (you know, how like Movie Prime says it comes from 'Autonomous robots etc')

Hursticon
11th December 2010, 03:43 AM
In the G1 cartoon, is there any explanation of why the Autobots are called autobots? (you know, how like Movie Prime says it comes from 'Autonomous robots etc')

I'm sure I remember hearing it being mentioned at some point, but for the life of me I can't remember where i.e. Season/Episode/Situation. :(
Sorry dude, that's basically no help at all huh?

griffin
11th December 2010, 05:44 AM
It actually bugged me to hear in the TF-Prime cartoon, Optimus trying to explain their name like in the 2007 movie. It doesn't need to be explained, and it sounded like the cartoon was stealing material from the 2007 movie... which was written by the same people anyway, making it repetitious of them (like the speeches by Optimus, especially the one at the end - very movie like).

liegeprime
11th December 2010, 08:11 AM
Tf Prime has that "i'm going to make a eulogy speech to kill the mood and get everyone in sleep mode" feel to him, hope they improve the character along the way in the series - he's just boring as. TFA has more character as far as Ive seen.

As for Tets question beats the pus outta me:p

But in the first 3 part Episode MTMTE though, Prime just tells Spike and Sparkplug - "We are Autobots, those that attacked you are called Decepticons, yadayadayada" - he didnt elaborate why...

IMHO I guess coz in the first series most of the Autobots are cars so us kids (back then) didnt bother asking , yeah they're cars so Autos = Autobots, Decepticons = kids couldnt care as long as they have a name for what they call "the enemy"... then as the cartoon progressed things got blurry as new in between altmode characters were introduced - Skyfire is an autobot plane, dinobots, stunticons etc - by then us kids ( back then) got used to the faction names we dont bother pigeonholing that autobots should be cars alone etc.... we've come to terms that the Autobots/Decepticons are faction names and not because of they more generalized transformed alt mode. Again this is just my humble opinion....

GoktimusPrime
11th December 2010, 03:30 PM
In 1984 Hasbro did intentionally want all the cars to be the good guys and all the bad guys to be machines for war (e.g. gun, jets) or espionage (microcassettes, microcassette recorder). So according to this theme, Marvel would have created the names Autobots and Decepticons.

We had a similar thing with Beast Wars too - in the beginning Hasbro/Kenner wanted the good guys to be 'warm bloods' and the bad guys to be 'cold bloods.' That's why, with the sole exception of Dinobot, all the first year Maximals were mammals and all the Predacons were dinosaurs, bugs, reptiles and other such "creepy" animals.

griffin
13th December 2010, 01:03 AM
Anyone who bought that cheap $11-ish USB stick with TF2 movie from the UK, keeping the movie on it? I just activated it today (it expires 31st December), and noticed that it is only 4Gb storage space if you get rid of the 1.5Gb movie.
I know that the TF2 movie isn't that popular around here, but did people buy the USB stick because it was a cheap official TFs one in the shape of the Autobot symbol, or, because it had the movie on it (as well)?
I was thinking of deleting the movie from it (if it lets me), because I don't see the need for me to have that movie (of all movies) in a convenient USB format... when I could just as easily watch the DVD.

kaiden
15th December 2010, 09:44 PM
Anyone who bought that cheap $11-ish USB stick with TF2 movie from the UK, keeping the movie on it? I just activated it today (it expires 31st December), and noticed that it is only 4Gb storage space if you get rid of the 1.5Gb movie.
I know that the TF2 movie isn't that popular around here, but did people buy the USB stick because it was a cheap official TFs one in the shape of the Autobot symbol, or, because it had the movie on it (as well)?
I was thinking of deleting the movie from it (if it lets me), because I don't see the need for me to have that movie (of all movies) in a convenient USB format... when I could just as easily watch the DVD.

i bought it for the design. i did activate my copy but when trying to watch it through the divx player - was horrible. couldnt skip through the movie properly at all and couldnt watch it on my media player & tv setup.

so deleted it.

Skullcruncher
17th December 2010, 09:57 PM
Is there an equivalant to Botcon in Japan?

Sky Shadow
17th December 2010, 10:08 PM
Is there an equivalant to Botcon in Japan?

BotCon Japan ran in 1997 and 98. JAFCON, Wonder Festival and others have had Transformers exclusives too.

GoktimusPrime
17th December 2010, 10:34 PM
The last BotCon Japan was in 2000. It was cancelled after much controversy when Takara got Ichikawa Hirofumi (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Hirofumi_Ichikawa) to give away the convention exclusive comic "Cybertron Chronicles" (which was an unlicensed doujinshi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D%C5%8Djinshi)) for free, meaning that Ichikawa made a personal financial loss. While Transformers is the intellectual property of Takara, many fans believed that Ichikawa should have at least been able to sell the comics to recover the cost of production and break even. Takara refused to budge, and thus all attendees were given a free copy of the comic.

Although Doujinshi are unlicensed, it's almost unheard of for copyright holders to take legal action against publishers in Japan. From wikipedia:
"Despite being in direct conflict with the Japanese copyright law as many dōjinshi are derivative works and dōjinshi artists rarely secure the permission of the original creator, Comiket is still permitted to be held twice a year and holds over half-a-million people attending each time it convenes. However, the practice of dōjinshi can be beneficial to the commercial manga market by creating an avenue for aspiring mangaka to practice, and talented doujinshi creators are contacted by publishers. This practice has existed since the 1980s. Many Japanese publishing companies sponsor annual manga competitions in which the winner is awarded the publication of their winning story."

...thus many Japanese fans saw Takara as simply being spoilsports and financially harming Ichikawa. BotCon Japan was then shut down and there has never been one since. Takara suffered a severe negative backlash from the Japanese fandom after that - and it took them a long time to repair their relationship with the fandom. One key factor that got fans back onside was Takara's inclusion of Ichikawa in an official capacity where he's done character profiles, package art, exclusive comics (licensed), assisted with toy designs etc. (see the TFwiki link for more details)This web page (http://snakas.web.infoseek.co.jp/event/index.htm) lists all the non-BotCon conventions and events that have featured Transformers in Japan in the last 10 years.

Paulbot
18th December 2010, 11:17 PM
Did anyone else notice that the new scouts Firetrap and Chopsaw aren't part of the Hunt for the Decepticons. The latest Deluxes (Axor/Rescue Ratchet) still have the stickers and codes but this scout wave is in a limbo between the Hunt and the new Reveal the Shield promotion. Are there any other Yellow boxed 2010 figures to come that aren't Reveal the Shield? You'd think they could have extended it to cover these two lone scouts right?

griffin
19th December 2010, 12:52 AM
The RtS Windcharger and Chopsaw I bought, also had the HftD sticker and codes in them, which goes with what they claimed - all yellow-packed toys until end of January. I see RtS as more of a subline, than a promo.

Strange that it skipped Sunspot and Firetrap though.

Sharky
19th December 2010, 09:46 AM
The RtS Windcharger and Chopsaw I bought, also had the HftD sticker and codes in them, which goes with what they claimed - all yellow-packed toys until end of January. I see RtS as more of a subline, than a promo.

Strange that it skipped Sunspot and Firetrap though.

my windcharger and chopsaw was unstickered and had no code in them so a packaging variant exists.....

Vector Prime
19th December 2010, 09:50 AM
my windcharger and chopsaw was unstickered and had no code in them so a packaging variant exists.....

...so I take it that you're now off in the hunt for said 'variant packaging'? :p

Sharky
19th December 2010, 09:53 AM
...so I take it that you're now off in the hunt for said 'variant packaging'? :p

not this time, i open these guys up so the packaging variance is kinda wasted... it is good to know tho

GoktimusPrime
19th December 2010, 10:44 AM
IMO: Sunspot & Chopsaw = movieverse, Windcharger = Classicsverse.

Paulbot
19th December 2010, 11:10 AM

Mine were unstickered too (From two different stores). Haven't opened them yet to see if there are any Codes inside.

griffin
19th December 2010, 04:05 PM
Hmmm, okay... maybe it was the RtS Optimus then. ???
I bought those 3 RtS figures in the last few days and noticed that the HftD sticker and code was included (on at least one of them) and thought it was unnecessary doubling up of sublines.

SkyWarp91
20th December 2010, 01:21 AM
If you were running out of room in your house due to TFs taking up space, would you try to place the TFs in another location (that can easily be accessed by other visitors, guests etc) or would you sell some and scale back your collection and just keep your most beloved figures?

LordCyrusOmega
20th December 2010, 08:22 AM
I'd never sell mine but that's just me. I even created a Planet of Junk shelf for my junkers. Mine are spread out over different locations, basically every room in the house. The ones not on display are stored until I can create room for them.

Sky Shadow
20th December 2010, 08:44 AM
If you were running out of room in your house due to TFs taking up space, would you try to place the TFs in another location (that can easily be accessed by other visitors, guests etc) or would you sell some and scale back your collection and just keep your most beloved figures?

Sell any Transformers you don't want and/or store extraneous toys in boxes/drawers/cupboards.

Ode to a Grasshopper
20th December 2010, 09:14 AM
If you were running out of room in your house due to TFs taking up space, would you try to place the TFs in another location (that can easily be accessed by other visitors, guests etc) or would you sell some and scale back your collection and just keep your most beloved figures?Without knowing much about your living set-up, and assuming you already have decent shelving...
1: Sell any doubles and packaged ones first, as they're extraneous and/or space-intensive.
2: If you don't have doubles or packaged ones, try displaying them in whatever mode takes up the least space. If you own your own home you can also put small hooks in the ceiling and have the fliers in flight, assuming the missus/hubby lets you. It's easier if you have your own room too.
3: Pack most of the rest up, keep 'em in boxes, and just have a few 'on the go' at any one time. This is also a good idea for keeping the non-TF-supporting missus/hubby happier about your collecting as it's not so 'in their face', and can make hiding new acquisitions easier.

GoktimusPrime
20th December 2010, 09:25 AM
Consider either throwing away TF packaging, or folding the boxes up as they waste a lot of space... a lot of which is just air. :/

liegeprime
20th December 2010, 09:40 AM
Consider storing the less played ones ( but still your not willing to let go off) in a more compact mode (bot or alt mode) and in a secure plastic roller box for safe storage. the rest that are usually played and youd like to keep on display just arrange them in your shelves were they take less space again. as for boxes and cardback and wotnot. if you dont collect em, - bin. if you do collect them , fold and store in another plastic roller box. As everyone mentioned it would be nice to have a designated room for me. If none, cycle your display-storage figures that way it's always interesting to look at and easier to manage.

loophole
20th December 2010, 05:29 PM

get a shed that solves alot of problems

GoktimusPrime
20th December 2010, 06:38 PM
SkyWarp91: are you Transformers in their own dedicated toy room, or are they sharing it with other toys, computer, desk etc? I'd personally avoid putting toys in storage... that just... sucks (IMO :/).

SkyWarp91
20th December 2010, 10:26 PM
I'd never sell mine but that's just me. I even created a Planet of Junk shelf for my junkers. Mine are spread out over different locations, basically every room in the house. The ones not on display are stored until I can create room for them.

Yeah I do have a room that's rarely used by the family, I could use it to store my TFs but there's a bloody AB-Lounge there ; I should sell it for like $10! lol and then I'll have so much more room!

Sell any Transformers you don't want and/or store extraneous toys in boxes/drawers/cupboards.

I'm tempted to sell some of my ROTF figures (ones that didn't appear in the movies) but I don't think I can bring myself to it as some of the figures took me AGES to get them.

Without knowing much about your living set-up, and assuming you already have decent shelving...
1: Sell any doubles and packaged ones first, as they're extraneous and/or space-intensive.
2: If you don't have doubles or packaged ones, try displaying them in whatever mode takes up the least space. If you own your own home you can also put small hooks in the ceiling and have the fliers in flight, assuming the missus/hubby lets you. It's easier if you have your own room too.
3: Pack most of the rest up, keep 'em in boxes, and just have a few 'on the go' at any one time. This is also a good idea for keeping the non-TF-supporting missus/hubby happier about your collecting as it's not so 'in their face', and can make hiding new acquisitions easier.

I don't have doubles but about 95% of my collection come complete with their boxes as I do intend to resell them in the future. I live with my family still (that's how I afford TFs :) without having to pay rent). I do keep most of my TFs in cardboard boxes but recently I've been encountering ALOT of spiders on my ceiling!!

Consider either throwing away TF packaging, or folding the boxes up as they waste a lot of space... a lot of which is just air. :/

I've considered it and I might throw away boxes from series that I don't intend to collect the whole series of (like Universe figures).

Consider storing the less played ones ( but still your not willing to let go off) in a more compact mode (bot or alt mode) and in a secure plastic roller box for safe storage. the rest that are usually played and youd like to keep on display just arrange them in your shelves were they take less space again. as for boxes and cardback and wotnot. if you dont collect em, - bin. if you do collect them , fold and store in another plastic roller box. As everyone mentioned it would be nice to have a designated room for me. If none, cycle your display-storage figures that way it's always interesting to look at and easier to manage.

Yeah from these responses what I'm thinking of is to clear the unused storeroom in my house and get a shelf to put my TFs in!

get a shed that solves alot of problems

My shed is a shoddily built one by my father that has so many holes in it just about every surface has a cobweb on it!

SkyWarp91: are you Transformers in their own dedicated toy room, or are they sharing it with other toys, computer, desk etc? I'd personally avoid putting toys in storage... that just... sucks (IMO :/).

Most are actually in shelves/storage. I only keep out the toys I am currently playing with / the latest I own, but after that they get stored either under my bed or in a shelf. Problem now is that there's no more space under my bed or on any of my shelves - thus I've decided to clear out the unused room ASAP and get a BIG, light-weight shelf! Might even build it myself!

Thanks so much for your responses all of you!

SkyWarp91
21st December 2010, 04:44 PM
Am I the only one getting the feeling that somehow Generations figures and RTS figures will be redeco/retooled into the TFDOTM line?

GoktimusPrime
22nd December 2010, 08:43 AM
The first movie toyline had repaints of pre-movie toys such as:
+ Air Raid (repaint of Energon Skyblast)
+ Wingblade (Cybertron Wing Sabre)
+ Inferno (Armada Red Alert)
+ Big Daddy (Cybertron Downshift)
etc.

Revenge of the Fallen did have some repaints of toys from the first movie, e.g.:
+ Autobot Gears (repaint of Stockade)
+ Desert Tracker Ratchet (Autobot Ratchet)
+ "Shanghai General" Voyager Optimus Prime (Voyager OP)
etc.

...but as far as I recall, unlike the 1st movie line, ROTF didn't have any redecos of toys from outside of movieverse. So I don't think DOTM will use non-movieverse redecos, but it wouldn't completely surprise me if they did (though I'd be disappointed - one thing I enjoyed about ROTF was seeing a lot more original moulds, especially with Scout Class)

Sky Shadow
22nd December 2010, 10:33 AM
...but as far as I recall, unlike the 1st movie line, ROTF didn't have any redecos of toys from outside of movieverse.

Superion, Bruticus Maximus and Sparkcrusher were Energon and Universe toys used for ROTF. (But I see no reason to assume that there would necessarily be an abundance of Generations redecos for Dark Of The Moon.)

kaiden
22nd December 2010, 07:13 PM
Superion, Bruticus Maximus and Sparkcrusher were Energon and Universe toys used for ROTF. (But I see no reason to assume that there would necessarily be an abundance of Generations redecos for Dark Of The Moon.)

they'll redeco drift into movieverse drift! though i think they should redeco him The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift ;)

GoktimusPrime
22nd December 2010, 10:51 PM
That's cos Drift is so awesome he's a Multiversal Singularity unto himself! He kicks @$$ across time, space and continuities! Phwoar! :D

Turbogroove
26th December 2010, 08:35 PM
I've had this Transformer since I was 10 and my friends brother gave it to me. He's completely wrecked and has parts broken off of him but I still love him. I just have no idea who he is, all I know is that he's an Autobot and a blue and pink helicopter.
Here's a picture of him, any help will be apriciated.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m55/Naomimon/2010_11280006-1.jpg

loophole
26th December 2010, 08:59 PM
I've had this Transformer since I was 10 and my friends brother gave it to me. He's completely wrecked and has parts broken off of him but I still love him. I just have no idea who he is, all I know is that he's an Autobot and a blue and pink helicopter.

looks like Rotorstorm to me

Sharky
26th December 2010, 09:00 PM

Turbomaster Rotorstorm :)

Turbogroove
27th December 2010, 08:11 PM
Thankyou for your help :) Now he's finally got a name.
Now I've looked up pictures of him I know how absolutely trashed he is lol.

SkyWarp91
28th December 2010, 09:55 PM
Will United Voyager Megatron be apart of the RTS line? Or will it just be exclusive to the United line? (Same goes for Universe Deluxe OP?)

Vector Prime
28th December 2010, 09:58 PM
Will United Voyager Megatron be apart of the RTS line? Or will it just be exclusive to the United line? (Same goes for Universe Deluxe OP?)

So far there's been no announcement but highly unlikely... they're part of the United line only I reckon since Hasbro has already released the mold before.

The Voyager Megatron was released by Hasbro (in a vastly different colour scheme (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/82/Megatron-classics.jpg/300px-Megatron-classics.jpg)) in 2006 Classics RID range.

The Prime has seen two releases already by Hasbro, the first time (http://www.transformersclassics.com/news/data/upimages/prime-megatron-box.jpg) was in the 2006 Classics RID range and then again in 2008/2009 Universe (http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51Pns3UodOL._SL500_AA280_.jpg) range.

Edit: Having said that though, it appears that United Bumblebee will be getting a release in Wave 2 of RTS even though it's been released by Hasbro before on two occasions (Classics RID (http://www.transformersclassics.com/news/data/upimages/bumblebee_box.jpg) and Movie Legacy of Bumblebee 3-Pack (http://www.transformertoys.co.uk/img/news/200805/giftset01.jpg)) so I guess anything's possible. :o

griffin
28th December 2010, 11:39 PM
Voyager Megatron would be less likely though, as Hasbro would need to give it another wildly colourful colour scheme to be allowed a western release. Being grey with orange cap would not be enough, it would have to be mostly brightly coloured, and I think they were lucky the first one managed to sell.

SkyWarp91
29th December 2010, 06:55 PM
Voyager Megatron would be less likely though, as Hasbro would need to give it another wildly colourful colour scheme to be allowed a western release. Being grey with orange cap would not be enough, it would have to be mostly brightly coloured, and I think they were lucky the first one managed to sell.

So far there's been no announcement but highly unlikely... they're part of the United line only I reckon since Hasbro has already released the mold before.

The Voyager Megatron was released by Hasbro (in a vastly different colour scheme (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/82/Megatron-classics.jpg/300px-Megatron-classics.jpg)) in 2006 Classics RID range.

The Prime has seen two releases already by Hasbro, the first time (http://www.transformersclassics.com/news/data/upimages/prime-megatron-box.jpg) was in the 2006 Classics RID range and then again in 2008/2009 Universe (http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51Pns3UodOL._SL500_AA280_.jpg) range.

Edit: Having said that though, it appears that United Bumblebee will be getting a release in Wave 2 of RTS even though it's been released by Hasbro before on two occasions (Classics RID (http://www.transformersclassics.com/news/data/upimages/bumblebee_box.jpg) and Movie Legacy of Bumblebee 3-Pack (http://www.transformertoys.co.uk/img/news/200805/giftset01.jpg)) so I guess anything's possible. :o

Thanks for the response folks.

I'm thinking of taking a month off TF spending on Jan to save up some money - meaning that any possible releases in Jan will have to wait till Feb. Reckon it's a good idea? The only toys I know that might come out then are the first wave of RTS Deluxe Figures and maybe Wave 3 PCC 5-packs.

Vector Prime
29th December 2010, 10:23 PM
I'm thinking of taking a month off TF spending on Jan to save up some money - meaning that any possible releases in Jan will have to wait till Feb. Reckon it's a good idea?

Well if you need to take time off to save money to finance your hobby, then so be it, otherwise you could just sell off some of your collection that you don't want (or need) to fund the purchases of what you do want.

The other alternatively is that you could just sell off a kidney or something :p

Sky Shadow
29th December 2010, 10:37 PM
Thanks for the response folks.

I'm thinking of taking a month off TF spending on Jan to save up some money - meaning that any possible releases in Jan will have to wait till Feb. Reckon it's a good idea? The only toys I know that might come out then are the first wave of RTS Deluxe Figures and maybe Wave 3 PCC 5-packs.

Januaries are often dry spells for toys in Australia anyway, so I shouldn't think it will be too difficult to avid spending. As of today, I've put my Transformers purchasing on hiatus - I now have every Transformer that I want from the past 25 years (and my absolute holy grail of holy grails is in the post), so with the exception of United Lugnut and Voyager DOTM Megatron, I too won't be buying anything in the foreseeable future.

kurdt_the_goat
29th December 2010, 11:28 PM
I assume no one's mentioning MP Rodimus Prime since you've all pre-ordered months ago and therefore he doesn't count right?
Otherwise, he's the "If you can only buy one toy this year" toy, and he's out in January!!

Sky Shadow
29th December 2010, 11:29 PM
I assume no one's mentioning MP Rodimus Prime since you've all pre-ordered months ago and therefore he doesn't count right?

That's entirely true, Kurdt. :o He is in fact on pre-order and thus forgotten. :)

heroic_decepticon
30th December 2010, 05:09 AM
Januaries are often dry spells for toys in Australia anyway, so I shouldn't think it will be too difficult to avid spending. As of today, I've put my Transformers purchasing on hiatus - I now have every Transformer that I want from the past 25 years (and my absolute holy grail of holy grails is in the post), so with the exception of United Lugnut and Voyager DOTM Megatron, I too won't be buying anything in the foreseeable future.

I keep telling myself I've nothing more i wanna buy (except any of the 7 TFs in my signature), but I keep finding stuff that 'I want' and keep buying.... :(

liegeprime
30th December 2010, 07:12 AM
Otherwise, he's the "If you can only buy one toy this year" toy, and he's out in January!!

hehehe, gives me a chance to focus on my "other" collections - TRGB, DCUC, MOTU:) or I could just save it all up so I can spend it for my planned holiday in June.. and waste it all at the Phil Toycon:p

1AZRAEL1
30th December 2010, 10:44 AM
hehehe, gives me a chance to focus on my "other" collections - TRGB, DCUC, MOTU:) or I could just save it all up so I can spend it for my planned holiday in June.. and waste it all at the Phil Toycon:p

Thanks for reminidng me, I need to get you some money to get me some stuff when you go on holidays :p

liegeprime
30th December 2010, 01:33 PM
Thanks for reminidng me, I need to get you some money to get me some stuff when you go on holidays :p

No need Az, Deceptic Optics just pmd me a few days back the Overlord's have been bought :(:(:( bummer.

1AZRAEL1
30th December 2010, 01:42 PM
No need Az, Deceptic Optics just pmd me a few days back the Overlord's have been bought :(:(:( bummer.

Dammit :mad:

Ah well, did he say what else there was there? If there was anything else I was interested in, I would give you the money for those anyway.

Hursticon
30th December 2010, 03:40 PM

Ah well, did he say what else there was there? If there was anything else I was interested in, I would give you the money for those anyway.

That sucks to hear guys as I know you were both looking forward to hopefully picking those Overlords up. :(
Mind you this could be a blessing in disguise? ;):)

heroic_decepticon
30th December 2010, 03:57 PM

That sucks to hear guys as I know you were both looking forward to hopefully picking those Overlords up. :(
Mind you this could be a blessing in disguise? ;):)

Guys, I will be in Japan again in Feb this year. Last I went, there were Overlords at every shop and certainly enough to go around. The prices at the time were AU$650 for MIB, dead mint and around AU$400+ for a complete one in banged up box.

I can try to help you guys get them, but I will need your criteria re price and condition, etc.

1AZRAEL1
30th December 2010, 04:07 PM
Guys, I will be in Japan again in Feb this year. Last I went, there were Overlords at every shop and certainly enough to go around. The prices at the time were AU$650 for MIB, dead mint and around AU$400+ for a complete one in banged up box.

I can try to help you guys get them, but I will need your criteria re price and condition, etc.

You serious? Man that'd be awesome if you could. I'll drop you a PM.

heroic_decepticon
30th December 2010, 04:11 PM
You serious? Man that'd be awesome if you could. I'll drop you a PM.

I am. Will have to convince my wife that its for a worthy cause since we hit Tokyo first before going to Hokkaido for skiing and hot springs (I'll make sure any Overlords I get stay away from the hot springs).

1AZRAEL1
30th December 2010, 04:23 PM
I am. Will have to convince my wife that its for a worthy cause since we hit Tokyo first before going to Hokkaido for skiing and hot springs (I'll make sure any Overlords I get stay away from the hot springs).

I'm sure they might want a dip in the springs as well :p

Hursticon
30th December 2010, 04:33 PM
That'd be awesome Heroic and I thank you greatly for the offer dude, but unfortunately I can't guarantee that I'll be able to find the funds in time :(, so it's probably best if you focus on 1AZRAEL1 and Liegeprime as they've been after him for a long, long time. ;):)
(It would be cool to own one though, he's an awesome figure, even before having read LSOTW ;):D)

GoktimusPrime
30th December 2010, 07:08 PM
hd: no loose Overlords? I'm happy to take one without accessories/weapons for a cheaper price, so long as it has both Giga and Mega.

liegeprime
30th December 2010, 07:55 PM

Cheers HD, thanks very much for the offer, but erm I wont be able to come up with the dough by Feb coz I am saving up for my June holiday, shame:(:(:(:(..... damn you Overlooooooooooorrrrrddd!!! ( shakes fist up in the sky)

fatbot
30th December 2010, 08:00 PM

If Leige Has pulled out, can I jump on board? Don't care about the box so long as it's complete & great condition.

Vector Prime
6th January 2011, 05:41 PM
Does anyone else here wrap their MISB items in cellophane to protect their boxes during storage?

If so, is there a particular brand you recommend to use (that won't yellow, etc)?

5FDP
6th January 2011, 10:30 PM
Does anyone else here wrap their MISB items in cellophane to protect their boxes during storage?

If so, is there a particular brand you recommend to use (that won't yellow, etc)?

Yeah, I do. It doesn't have a brand on it though so I'm not much good to you eh :o I've done it for anything that doesn't fit inside my display cabinets. So far, I've not had an issue with yellowing.

The one thing that I can tell you is that it's not cellophane... it's sturdier than that. From memory, I think the wife picked it up from a craft shop... or was it a newsagent :confused:

Vector Prime
6th January 2011, 10:59 PM
So far, I've not had an issue with yellowing. The one thing that I can tell you is that it's not cellophane... it's sturdier than that.

I've trialled a couple of different types of varying thicknesses and prices and since it's still early days, they haven't yellowed or anything yet.

I was thinking more for long term - whether there is specifically an 'archival grade' that you can use for long term preservation. :confused:

5FDP
6th January 2011, 11:07 PM
I was thinking more for long term - whether there is specifically an 'archival grade' that you can use for long term preservation. :confused:

Not sure but it makes sense that there would be. Kinda like the acid-free plastic sheets used in photo albums.

gamblor916
6th January 2011, 11:09 PM
This from google. http://www.aiatsis.gov.au/collections/family.html

There are a range of plastic sleeves that are suitable for use with archival records. “Good” plastics are polyethylene (HDPE and LDPE), polypropylene (PP) and polyester (PET). For archival storage, polyester is the most stable choice. Polyvinyl chloride (PVC or vinyl) should be avoided. This is the plastic that has that characteristic plastic smell and an oily quality to the surface. PVC will, over time, release vapours which are acidic and extremely damaging to photographs and paper documents. It can also cause some media, like photocopy toner, to soften and stick to the plastic or other sheets.

Document sleeves that have the words “copy safe” on them are made from polyethylene or polypropylene and are available from the supermarket, newsagents and stationary shops. These sleeves can be put into a ring binder to keep them together.

Other options are zip lock sandwich bags and oven bags. Oven bags are made of polyester which is the most stable plastic of the three listed above. Polyester film is sold under the names “Mylar” or “Melinex”.

5FDP
6th January 2011, 11:14 PM
PVC will, over time, release vapours which are acidic and extremely damaging to photographs and paper documents.

What does this mean for my AFA cases *gulp* :p

liegeprime
7th January 2011, 07:53 AM
What does this mean for my AFA cases *gulp* :p

yellowing in a massive scale man!

5FDP
7th January 2011, 11:59 AM
yellowing in a massive scale man!

:eek:

Oh well :p When it comes to toy preservation, one has to ask themselves 'how long are you trying to make it last for - your lifetime or beyond?'

Sharky
7th January 2011, 01:42 PM
roughly how much would a G1 Pretender beast Chainclaw be worth (to purchase) in todays market

there are a few around at the moment with varying prices and i do not know what is considered reasonable.

Gutsman Heavy
7th January 2011, 02:33 PM
MP-Movie Starscream, does he have the same voice bites as the Hasbro release?

Magnus
7th January 2011, 06:33 PM
MP-Movie Starscream, does he have the same voice bites as the Hasbro release?

Yes, he has the same sound bytes as the Hasbro version.

Sky Shadow
7th January 2011, 08:10 PM
roughly how much would a G1 Pretender beast Chainclaw be worth (to purchase) in todays market

there are a few around at the moment with varying prices and i do not know what is considered reasonable.

If you can get one in good condition shipped for under $100 that's about right, Sharky.

heroic_decepticon
7th January 2011, 11:28 PM
If Leige Has pulled out, can I jump on board? Don't care about the box so long as it's complete & great condition.

Sure thing man. I've been talking to HK toy shop owner here (those that go to Japan every month to raid toy shops) and I think Overlords at the prices I saw when I was there in Jan last year are a thing of the past. I don't even think there will be Overlords in Mandarake because every time one turns up, it'll be snapped up by HK/China/SG dealers, in a flash.

For the record, the shop owner recently got an Overlord back in the same condition as the one I saw that was selling for AU$650 when I was there in Jan 2010 (ie: C9.5+ box, never transformed, unused paperworks, etc) and the shop owner was asking HK$7500 for it, that is close to AU$1000. It was gone in a day, one-day.

Sanity has left the station and is not coming back.

Not sure. I bought mine from Fatbot from a Parra Fair last year. I'd say AU$60-70 loose and shipped? I could be wrong.

I use a wrap called talc (not a brand name). Far as I know, it does not have a brand. Its the type of plastic roll that asian school children use to wrap their books in - available in almost every stationery shop in SG/HK. It's thicker than cellophane and hell of a lot sturdier. All my boxed toys without flaps are wrapped in this. So far, there are no adverse reactions, but in 10 years, who knows.

In all the time I've been in Australia, I have yet to come across a stationery shop that sells this type of wrapping. It's very frustrating. When I was still in AU, I always buy 2-3 10-metre rolls from SG or HK every time I travel back.

(sorry, know that didn't help)

autobreadticon
8th January 2011, 04:40 PM
Hay guys, what TF united toys come with the tech spec cards?
From what i have gathered and Zippo reconfirmed is that only WFC Optimus + BB and Megatron have cards. Im looking at auctions on ebay and i realise most of them don't have tech cards... Anyone know what is up ..?? thanks

High_Q
8th January 2011, 04:49 PM
Does anyone know when/whether Transformers: Prime would be aired on free-to-air in Australia?

Hursticon
8th January 2011, 04:55 PM
Does anyone know when/whether Transformers: Prime would be aired on free-to-air in Australia?

Unfortunately, I've not seen or read anything at all regarding an Australian Airing Date - but that's not to say that we wont get it, just that we'll probably get it a year later than everywhere else. :(
(You have the Internet!, You have the Power! ;):D)

5FDP
8th January 2011, 11:42 PM

As Hursty said, nothing official yet. My guess is that we'll get it when the movie comes out to cash-in on the hype.

heroic_decepticon
9th January 2011, 01:27 AM
Hay guys, what TF united toys come with the tech spec cards?
From what i have gathered and Zippo reconfirmed is that only WFC Optimus + BB and Megatron have cards. Im looking at auctions on ebay and i realise most of them don't have tech cards... Anyone know what is up ..?? thanks

From my conversations with sellers in HK, only Bumblebee (classics style) comes with a card and then again, only those released in Japan has the card. None of my United figures appear to have cards. I have not opened them, so the card could be with the paperworks packet? (not sure about that)

UltraMarginal
10th January 2011, 09:50 AM
As Hursty said, nothing official yet. My guess is that we'll get it when the movie comes out to cash-in on the hype.

but it probably won't be in the correct sequence, or shown at the same time week to week.

(no I'm still not over Farscape):mad:;)

UltraMarginal
10th January 2011, 11:50 AM
Does anyone know if you can get a postage quote from Robot Kingdom before having to seal the deal, I'm currently in the shopping basket area and it looks like the next step is to go to paypal and pay, all it says is amount + "Postage".

I'm trying to weigh up buying now or at botcon for a few things as I don't think I'm going to have as much suitcase space as I am going to need. :cool:

griffin
10th January 2011, 01:21 PM
RK goes to a second screen with the postage amount before it takes you to the paypal site. And even if it did take you to paypal, you always have a confirm payment option there as well, after you know how much it will cost in both currencies.

UltraMarginal
10th January 2011, 01:47 PM
cheers, just wanted to make sure. bbts is so clear at that stage of their purchasing system

SkyWarp91
11th January 2011, 03:02 PM
How rare is Universe 2.0 Ironhide and Ratchet?

Hursticon
11th January 2011, 03:08 PM

Well for me down this way, Ironhide was quite scarce compared to the over-abundance of Sunstreakers, Prowls and Smokescreens.
Ratchet was never released in Australia but was in New Zealand, so in those terms it could be argued that he is quite to extremely rare.

Hope that helps dude, why do you ask?

SkyWarp91
11th January 2011, 03:27 PM
Well for me down this way, Ironhide was quite scarce compared to the over-abundance of Sunstreakers, Prowls and Smokescreens.
Ratchet was never released in Australia but was in New Zealand, so in those terms it could be argued that he is quite to extremely rare.

I plan to collect most of the Universe/Classics line. I've got most of the figures now but not those two and haven't seen them on eBay yet.

Hursticon
11th January 2011, 03:44 PM
I plan to collect most of the Universe/Classics line. I've got most of the figures now but not those two and haven't seen them on eBay yet.

Ah ok, :)
It's quite weird how much the Classics and Universe 2.0 figures have appreciated price wise on ebay considering they're only a couple of years old. :eek::confused:
Keep an eye out though dude because they're both must haves for a Classicsverse collection and they'll definitely be cheaper than their Henkei counterparts though. ;)

Here is a Henkei Ratchet (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Transformers-Henkei-Classics-Universe-C-14-Ratchet-/260714202483?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb3c70573) and a pair of Ironhides, Hasbro (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HASBRO-CLASSIC-2-0-DELUXE-IRONHIDE-/320639786724?pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionF igures_JN&hash=item4aa79edee4) and a Henkei (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Takara-Transformers-Henkei-Classic-C-11-Ironhide-/130474054103?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e60dc11d7). :cool:

heroic_decepticon
11th January 2011, 04:04 PM

Universe Ironhide was not rare in Sydney when it was first released a few years back. You could find it almost everywhere. I heard that its now quite difficult to find one. Henkei would be harder to find.

Universe Ratchet? Haven't ever saw one in packaging physically. Henkei Ratchet is pretty rare. I can confirm that its rare even in HK and Singapore where it normally is relatively easy to find figures a few years old. I have not seen a single Ratchet in either HK or SG and got my Henkei Ratchet in December '10 through connections and friends. Expect to pay upward of AU$60 for a MOC/MOSC Ratchet, if you it can be found.

On a side note, the following Henkeis are also pretty rare/expensive: Red Alert, Smokescreen, Cyclonus, Hot Rod (but of course!), exclusives (eg: seekers).

Vector Prime
11th January 2011, 05:21 PM

As a collector of Classics/Universe, I understand your pain in locating these two too.

Universe Ironhide was in great abundance when it was released but is getting very difficult (and expensive) to track down.

I traded away my loose one recently and went looking for MOSC one and had to get one all the way from Germany since it was still reasonably priced there ($35 AUD shipped).

The Henkei version is naturally more expensive and equally as difficult to locate too (the few that I have seem, when they do pop up for sale, command over $60).

From recollection, Universe Ratchet was released on the tail end of the line and was in the last wave, along with Hot Shot.

As Hursticon has said, it wasn't made available here and was primarily released in the US (however, NZ also received it too).

The Henkei version is extremely rare seeing as it has superior paint apps to the Universe version and costs a pretty penny if you can find one.

I purchased a MOSC one a few weeks ago (since I had also traded away my loose Universe one) and it set me back about $80.

Your best bet in acquiring these two (at a relatively good price) would be to perhaps keep an eye out for group listings where a seller is selling off a couple of figures in the one lot.

Good luck!

GoktimusPrime
11th January 2011, 05:43 PM
As heroic_decepticon said, Ironhide was pretty common - I saw lots of them around the place when it was out. Ratchet on the other hand I never saw in stores. Was that toy released here?

Vector Prime
11th January 2011, 05:47 PM
Ratchet on the other hand I never saw in stores. Was that toy released here?

As Hursticon has said, it wasn't made available here and was primarily released in the US (however, NZ also received it too).

:D

GoktimusPrime
11th January 2011, 06:52 PM
d'oh! XO

SharkyMcShark
11th January 2011, 08:09 PM
I didn't see Ratchet or Ironhide here at retail. Or Sideswipe either actually.

But then I wasn't up on the sightings thread at the time so you know, it was mainly my own incompetence.

SkyWarp91
11th January 2011, 08:36 PM
Ah ok, :)
It's quite weird how much the Classics and Universe 2.0 figures have appreciated price wise on ebay considering they're only a couple of years old. :eek::confused:
Keep an eye out though dude because they're both must haves for a Classicsverse collection and they'll definitely be cheaper than their Henkei counterparts though. ;)

Here is a Henkei Ratchet (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Transformers-Henkei-Classics-Universe-C-14-Ratchet-/260714202483?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb3c70573) and a pair of Ironhides, Hasbro (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HASBRO-CLASSIC-2-0-DELUXE-IRONHIDE-/320639786724?pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionF igures_JN&hash=item4aa79edee4) and a Henkei (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Takara-Transformers-Henkei-Classic-C-11-Ironhide-/130474054103?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e60dc11d7). :cool:

Universe Ironhide was not rare in Sydney when it was first released a few years back. You could find it almost everywhere. I heard that its now quite difficult to find one. Henkei would be harder to find.

Universe Ratchet? Haven't ever saw one in packaging physically. Henkei Ratchet is pretty rare. I can confirm that its rare even in HK and Singapore where it normally is relatively easy to find figures a few years old. I have not seen a single Ratchet in either HK or SG and got my Henkei Ratchet in December '10 through connections and friends. Expect to pay upward of AU$60 for a MOC/MOSC Ratchet, if you it can be found.

On a side note, the following Henkeis are also pretty rare/expensive: Red Alert, Smokescreen, Cyclonus, Hot Rod (but of course!), exclusives (eg: seekers).

As a collector of Classics/Universe, I understand your pain in locating these two too.

Universe Ironhide was in great abundance when it was released but is getting very difficult (and expensive) to track down.

I traded away my loose one recently and went looking for MOSC one and had to get one all the way from Germany since it was still reasonably priced there ($35 AUD shipped).

The Henkei version is naturally more expensive and equally as difficult to locate too (the few that I have seem, when they do pop up for sale, command over $60).

From recollection, Universe Ratchet was released on the tail end of the line and was in the last wave, along with Hot Shot.

The Henkei version is extremely rare seeing as it has superior paint apps to the Universe version and costs a pretty penny if you can find one.

I purchased a MOSC one a few weeks ago (since I had also traded away my loose Universe one) and it set me back about $80.

Your best bet in acquiring these two (at a relatively good price) would be to perhaps keep an eye out for group listings where a seller is selling off a couple of figures in the one lot.

Good luck!

As heroic_decepticon said, Ironhide was pretty common - I saw lots of them around the place when it was out. Ratchet on the other hand I never saw in stores. Was that toy released here?

I didn't see Ratchet or Ironhide here at retail. Or Sideswipe either actually.

But then I wasn't up on the sightings thread at the time so you know, it was mainly my own incompetence.

Apparently it's not that great a figure (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FotD5pVwBmc), hmm - I might just be fine with my movie Ironhide then :)

Vector Prime
11th January 2011, 08:44 PM
Apparently it's not that great a figure (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FotD5pVwBmc), hmm - I might just be fine with my movie Ironhide then :)

IMO, I agree that Universe/Henkei Ratchet/Ironhide aren't that great and I too prefer the transformation sequence of the ROTF/HFTD/AA deluxe Ratchet and Ironhides.

Having said that though, the latter figures aren't exactly homages to the G1 characters nor do their designs fit in with the rest of the Classics/Universe/Generations line, so it depends on where your collecting intentions lay.

While often the line between Movie-verse and Classic-verse lines are blurred, with these two, the lines are clearly defined - Movie-verse Ratchet and Ironhide don't belong (IMHO) on the same shelf as the Classic-verse characters and therefore they shouldn't substitute for that character.

If you're a completist (of a series), you get the figure irrespective of how lame or bad it may be (such as Universe Silverbolt) :p

SkyWarp91
11th January 2011, 09:00 PM
IMO, I agree that Universe/Henkei Ratchet/Ironhide aren't that great and I too prefer the transformation sequence of the ROTF/HFTD/AA deluxe Ratchet and Ironhides.

Having said that though, the latter figures aren't exactly homages to the G1 characters nor do their designs fit in with the rest of the Classics/Universe/Generations line, so it depends on where your collecting intentions lay.

While often the line between Movie-verse and Classic-verse lines are blurred, with these two, the lines are clearly defined - Movie-verse Ratchet and Ironhide don't belong (IMHO) on the same shelf as the Classic-verse characters and therefore they shouldn't substitute for that character.

If you're a completist (of a series), you get the figure irrespective of how lame or bad it may be (such as Universe Silverbolt) :p

I actually liked Silverbolt, because I got it for such a cheap price of $15. Yeah I can understand where you're coming from in regards to being a completist with an entire line. I am tempted to buy either of the two, but they'll probably be on the lowest of my priorities.

GoktimusPrime
12th January 2011, 12:35 AM
Keep in mind that Classicsverse Ironhide/Ratchet was a VERY ambitious toy. Remember that the Sunbow/Marvel model effectively cheated by making half the vehicle mode disappear when transformed to robot mode. You look at the original G1 figures which has the primary robot and the 'mobile deck' - where did this deck go in robot mode? It only ever appeared once in the cartoon (http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/b/b0/Ratchetg1cartoon.jpg) -- every other time it just seemed to vanish into thin air.

HasTak have tried to make Ironhide and Ratchet transform from a van/ambulance into a robot that resembles the G1 Sunbow/Marvel model, but of course, all those vehicle parts have to go somewhere. And I think they've done a reasonable job trying to incorporate all that vehicle mass into the robot mode without making it a massive backpackformer like say Animated Wreck Gar or worse still, Cybertron Decepticon Thunderblast. The only thing that bugs me with Ironhide and Ratchet is the way the heads are sculpted looking down (Silverbolt has the same issue) -- but otherwise all things considered I think they did an amazing job lad, amazing. They even fixed that nasty burr in my rotator. Now let's find the Dinobots and get off this twisted planet! :p

Check out comparison pics between G1 and Classicsverse Ironhide and Ratchet here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=9742) :) Another alternative would be Timelines (http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/3/31/Ratchetironhidedescent.jpg) Ratchet (http://www.tfu.info/2005/Autobot/BCRatchet/ratchet.htm) and Ironhide (http://www.tfu.info/2005/Autobot/BCIronhide/ironhide.htm), but I suspect it'd be easier and cheaper for you to get either Universe or Henkei Ratchet and Ironhide over them. And IMO U/H Ratchet and Ironhide are much nicer toys anyway (although I do like how Timelines Ratchet and Ironhide have 'decks' ;)).

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/More%20Than%20Meets%20The%20Eye%20EN101/mtmte_en24.jpg

Skullcruncher
12th January 2011, 12:12 PM
Why are some G1 MIB's more prone to have the plastic box insert 'yellowed' than others? For example the jumpstarters or clones compared to say a insecticon.

griffin
12th January 2011, 12:29 PM
There are dozens of types of plastics (the combination of 'ingredients' within them), so some are more prone to decay/yellowing than others. Some inserts may be different plastics to others, if they are more likely to be found yellowed.

loophole
12th January 2011, 09:27 PM
In the G1 cartoon did bluestreaks car mode have anymore black on it other than the bonnet?

heroic_decepticon
12th January 2011, 10:43 PM
In the G1 cartoon did bluestreaks car mode have anymore black on it other than the bonnet?

don't think so

UltraMarginal
13th January 2011, 11:03 AM
Keep in mind that Classicsverse Ironhide/Ratchet was a VERY ambitious toy. Remember that the Sunbow/Marvel model effectively cheated by making half the vehicle mode disappear when transformed to robot mode. You look at the original G1 figures which has the primary robot and the 'mobile deck' - where did this deck go in robot mode? It only ever appeared once in the cartoon (http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/b/b0/Ratchetg1cartoon.jpg) -- every other time it just seemed to vanish into thin air.

HasTak have tried to make Ironhide and Ratchet transform from a van/ambulance into a robot that resembles the G1 Sunbow/Marvel model, but of course, all those vehicle parts have to go somewhere. And I think they've done a reasonable job trying to incorporate all that vehicle mass into the robot mode without making it a massive backpackformer like say Animated Wreck Gar or worse still, Cybertron Decepticon Thunderblast. The only thing that bugs me with Ironhide and Ratchet is the way the heads are sculpted looking down (Silverbolt has the same issue) -- but otherwise all things considered I think they did an amazing job lad, amazing. They even fixed that nasty burr in my rotator. Now let's find the Dinobots and get off this twisted planet! :p

I totally agree with Goktimus here, this toy, while not as elegant as some of the other classics/universe line, is a great recreation of ironhide/ratchet. I only have the ratchet and being that people are so adamant that it was never released here I must have picked it up in the states while on my honeymoon.

The "looking down/leaning can be fixed, with a good craft knife and some creative modding, it's almost as though the original model wasn't checked for clashes properly before production. if you google "fix classics ironhide" or something along those lines there are several differnt pages that used to exist. It has a fairly unique transformation, I recommend getting one not to keep in a sealed box, so you can see how it transforms:cool:.

Sky Shadow
13th January 2011, 11:14 AM
I'm not a fan of the rest of the Geewun 'Classics', but I do like Ironhide/Ratchet - it is a great mould, a clever puzzleformer that's like a Rubik's Cube - you have to do all the rotations in the right order to 'solve' the toy.

SkyWarp91
13th January 2011, 09:16 PM
Okay so I have a room that's mainly dedicated to TFs now, however they're just in piles of larger cardboard boxes and do need to be blocked access to unwanted guests (in particular infant relatives that'll just rip at anything because it's a natural thing to do at 3). Any ideas on how to provide a safe container for my TFs? like I want a light type of cupboard that has a lock or something. Does anyone know where I can get a decently priced one? Thanks, Skywarp91.

GoktimusPrime
14th January 2011, 01:01 AM
Wouldn't it be cheaper to simply put a lock on the collection room door rather than getting locks for every single cabinet door? <shrug>

SkyWarp91
14th January 2011, 08:40 AM
Wouldn't it be cheaper to simply put a lock on the collection room door rather than getting locks for every single cabinet door? <shrug>

Note: there is no door to this room as it is a very small room.

griffin
14th January 2011, 02:25 PM
Saw this Gobot item (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200556326733) listed on ebay (in the TFs section), and was wondering if it was a KO of the BW2 Decoy Ship, or if the Decoy Ship was actually a copy of this Gobot toy.

I couldn't find the Decoy Ship on the tfwiki.net site to see if it's origin was mentioned. Since that is one cartoon I've never seen (I don't think it has been officially released), I had thought that the Decoy Ship playset was based on something in the BWII cartoon. Now it just looks like a cheap toy reproduction cashing in on a cartoon it isn't even in.

UltraMarginal
14th January 2011, 03:22 PM
Okay so I have a room that's mainly dedicated to TFs now, however they're just in piles of larger cardboard boxes and do need to be blocked access to unwanted guests (in particular infant relatives that'll just rip at anything because it's a natural thing to do at 3). Any ideas on how to provide a safe container for my TFs? like I want a light type of cupboard that has a lock or something. Does anyone know where I can get a decently priced one? Thanks, Skywarp91.

I'd suggest perhaps one of those toddler gate things you can buy, literally expands to fill the doorway, looks like a little pool fence. don't know how effective it would be on a 3 year old though. or where you would actually purchase one.

other than that, ikea sell some reasonable display cabinets with locks, though to have enough to display what sounds like an impressive collection, you might have to spend several hundred, close to 1000 I'm guessing.

The other option is a motion sensetive sentry gun with a 10000 paintball hopper.:D

Sky Shadow
14th January 2011, 04:51 PM
Saw this Gobot item (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200556326733) listed on ebay (in the TFs section), and was wondering if it was a KO of the BW2 Decoy Ship, or if the Decoy Ship was actually a copy of this Gobot toy.

I couldn't find the Decoy Ship on the tfwiki.net site to see if it's origin was mentioned.

It's here (but not informative): http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Maximal_Mobile_Base

The Andro Base wasn't a GoBot toy, and it's not a knockoff since the company which I believe produced both it and the Maximal Mobile Base toy (for Takara) owns the patent: http://www.google.com/patents?id=iSY9AAAAEBAJ

blackoptimus
15th January 2011, 04:06 AM
Is anyone an expert at touching up or painting up scratched up paint from old g1 tf's? If you are I'd be glad to pay you to paint up some paint chips and to re chrome some weapons. Re-chrome as in with the spray can, not re-chrome as in actual chrome as I understand it's un-achievable.

kaiden
16th January 2011, 04:15 AM
is the Primus 2010 supposed to have light up eyes? for some reason mine doesnt when inserting the key thingy and transforming him to robot mode.

i havent checked if its a battery thing as i need to find a small enough screw driver.

typical. $100 toy and they dont bother providing the batteries. unicron has batteries but why not primus? -_-

Vector Prime
16th January 2011, 12:09 PM
typical. $100 toy and they dont bother providing the batteries. unicron has batteries but why not primus? -_-

I (and other MISB collectors) would prefer they didn't provide batteries tbh... no chance of battery cell leakages in the future. ;)

Bartrim
16th January 2011, 01:31 PM
My botcon Sharkticon keeps tipping over in robot mode. Is there a proper way to balance him?

heroic_decepticon
16th January 2011, 01:34 PM
I (and other MISB collectors) would prefer they didn't provide batteries tbh... no chance of battery cell leakages in the future. ;)

yeah, agree with that. Rather not have batteries in there.

Vector Prime
16th January 2011, 01:34 PM
My botcon Sharkticon keeps tipping over in robot mode. Is there a proper way to balance him?

It's an inherent crap design for the feet since the original Energon Sharkticon does the same thing.

I find that by adjusting the 'backpack' boat kibble parts to point forward at his hips (with missiles) helps counter balance him a little bit, but generally he's not very stable.

Quickstrike
16th January 2011, 06:37 PM

Oh man I have this. Except mine is a rather gross shade of yellow now.

GoktimusPrime
16th January 2011, 09:51 PM
I'm able to balance my Energon Sharkticon okay, though he is kinda back-heavy. *shrug* Bring him along to the next Fair and lemme have a go?

liegeprime
17th January 2011, 12:06 AM

isnt there a long heel on the feet that helps balance it out? My Sharkticon (energon) has no problems in balance. As Gok said, bring him to the fair and we'll have a looksee...prolly the balljoints are a bit loose at the hips?

Sharky
21st January 2011, 01:23 PM
Has G1 Quickswitch been bootlegged??

Sky Shadow
21st January 2011, 02:53 PM
Has G1 Quickswitch been bootlegged??

Not accurately - all I know of is a KO Kabaya kit. If it looks like a Quickswitch and walks like a Quickswitch and quacks like a Quickswitch then chances are - it's a Quickswitch.

Sharky
21st January 2011, 03:33 PM
Not accurately - all I know of is a KO Kabaya kit. If it looks like a Quickswitch and walks like a Quickswitch and quacks like a Quickswitch then chances are - it's a Quickswitch.

Awesome!!!!

Can't wait to get a quacking quickswitch

canofwhoopass_87
21st January 2011, 03:39 PM
Quickswitch was used as a construction material in the late 80's / early 90's to build houses :D

autobreadticon
21st January 2011, 05:23 PM
Hello, what is the 'Magazine style book' (TF picture references with HQ glossy pages) done in a similiar fashion to the generations book

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attach/4/2/0/1/1/Transformers-Generation-2010_1290534646.jpg

that has the text 'welcome to the world of transformers'

sorry if that doesnt make sense

How many different versions of this book are there?

5FDP
21st January 2011, 05:49 PM
Hello, what is the 'Magazine style book' (TF picture references with HQ glossy pages) done in a similiar fashion to the generations book

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attach/4/2/0/1/1/Transformers-Generation-2010_1290534646.jpg

that has the text 'welcome to the world of transformers'

sorry if that doesnt make sense

How many different versions of this book are there?

Are you referring to the one pictured bottom right?

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/3055/38368828.jpg

If you are, it is virtually the same as the hardcover Generations book with less content e.g. artwork.

autobreadticon
21st January 2011, 05:57 PM
yeh thanks, but the one i am thinking of getting has a gold optimus prime toy in that same pose , the book is in Chinese
is it an official book?

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff37/Spec17/transformers/2011-01/20/DSC02222.jpg

GoktimusPrime
21st January 2011, 06:10 PM
I believe that's the Chinese language version of Transformers Generations. No idea if it's licensed or not. Interesting to see the title is 変形金剛聖経 (henkeikingouseikyou) which translates as "Transformation Hard Gold Bible" :o

mentok27
21st January 2011, 10:04 PM
yeh thanks, but the one i am thinking of getting has a gold optimus prime toy in that same pose , the book is in Chinese
is it an official book?

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff37/Spec17/transformers/2011-01/20/DSC02222.jpg

i have this, its great..... cant read anything except the names though, oh well the pictures are pretty. I dont think its official.... not sure what makes me think that but its awesome regardless.

heroic_decepticon
21st January 2011, 10:13 PM
is it an official book?

*snip*

that's exactly the same as the one with the colour Prime picture. It's a KO, its not official. If you can read Chinese, its great (since I can't read Japanese). I believe all the text has been translated fairly accurately (again, I can't read Jap on the original Generations book, but the Chinese translations are fairly sensible).

I have both versions and in this gold version, the images are all slightly off (very slightly). I suspect the KO-ers ripped up a copy of Generations, scanned it in, and photoshopped the Chinese text in.

christalcase
21st January 2011, 11:14 PM
I believe that's the Chinese language version of Transformers Generations. No idea if it's licensed or not. Interesting to see the title is 変形金剛聖経 (henkeikingouseikyou) which translates as "Transformation Hard Gold Bible" :o

No, the title is just "Transformers Bible", Transformers in Chinese is "変形金剛" which means roughly "Transforming Robots"

Bartrim
23rd January 2011, 09:23 AM
I didn't want to ask this in the IDW ongoing thread as there are spoilers and I only read the TPB's so I'm a few issues behind but does anyone know of a list of characters that have died in the IDW-verse?

Sky Shadow
23rd January 2011, 10:26 AM
I didn't want to ask this in the IDW ongoing thread as there are spoilers and I only read the TPB's so I'm a few issues behind but does anyone know of a list of characters that have died in the IDW-verse?

No... but we can make one ourselves. :) Not counting the ones who died and got better, I can think of...

Sentinel Prime, Spectro, Spyglass, Viewfinder, Runamuck, Runabout, Outback, Skyquake, Ironfist, Topspin, Twin Twist, Pyro, Tornado, Macabre, Eathquake, Fang, Triton, Scrapper, Roadbuster, Rack'n'Ruin, Snare, Crosscut, Stalker, Nautilus, Rotorstorm, Kick-Off, Borehole, Spin-Out, Sludge, Gasket, Wing, and anyone shot by Drift when he was Deadlock.

Who else?

Bartrim
23rd January 2011, 11:25 AM
No... but we can make one ourselves. :) Not counting the ones who died and got better, I can think of...

Sentinel Prime, Spectro, Spyglass, Viewfinder, Runamuck, Runabout, Outback, Skyquake, Ironfist, Topspin, Twin Twist, Pyro, Tornado, Macabre, Eathquake, Fang, Triton, Scrapper, Roadbuster, Rack'n'Ruin, Snare, Crosscut, Stalker, Nautilus, Rotorstorm, Kick-Off, Borehole, Spin-Out, Sludge, Gasket, Wing, and anyone shot by Drift when he was Deadlock.

Who else?

Dreadwind, Ramjet... Where does Roadbuster die in the comics?

Sky Shadow
23rd January 2011, 11:39 AM
Dreadwind, Ramjet... Where does Roadbuster die in the comics?

Oops. I thought I deleted him. (Basically I typed all the IDW Wreckers and then deleted the ones who hadn't died. Yes, Roadbuster is still alive.)

canofwhoopass_87
23rd January 2011, 12:45 PM
Very tempted to pick up one of these - but other than the new "G1" colour scheme, is this guy any different from the other Unicrons?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TRANSFORMERS-Campaign-2010-Exclusive-UNICRON-Japan-Ver-/370464466441?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5641672609

Sky Shadow
23rd January 2011, 12:49 PM
Very tempted to pick up one of these - but other than the new "G1" colour scheme, is this guy any different from the other Unicrons?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TRANSFORMERS-Campaign-2010-Exclusive-UNICRON-Japan-Ver-/370464466441?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5641672609

He comes with bonus bad quality control, and randomly packed Unicrons even have ultra special lucky draw neutered action features! :D

1AZRAEL1
23rd January 2011, 12:52 PM
New mold for the face as well. But I'd get it if you don't own a Unicron, as I got one for that reason. Looks much better IMO, but I don't know if I woulda bought it if I had a Unicron already.

Hursticon
23rd January 2011, 01:11 PM
I don't know if I woulda bought it if I had a Unicron already.

It's bloody tempting though. :o

Hursticon
23rd January 2011, 07:39 PM
Did any of the Star Wars Crossover figures come with a little pilot?

canofwhoopass_87
23rd January 2011, 10:58 PM
New mold for the face as well. But I'd get it if you don't own a Unicron, as I got one for that reason. Looks much better IMO, but I don't know if I woulda bought it if I had a Unicron already.

Don't know if the new face mold is enough to justify paying double the moola compared to the previous universe release...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-Unicron-/250761866333?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a62926c5d

But then again I love my G1's to be anime accurate. The box looks great as well doesn't it? Does it have a window so that he can be displayed without opening?

The poor QC doesn't phase me, since he's gona stay MISB anyway.

Another quick question - are G1 Ratbat's chrome weapons identical?

Vector Prime
23rd January 2011, 11:02 PM
The box looks great as well doesn't it? Does it have a window so that he can be displayed without opening?

The poor QC doesn't phase me, since he's gona stay MISB anyway.

Yeah the box looks great, but it's enclosed, so no, you can't view him sadly (this is one of the things stopping me from getting him too as I already have the other two releases) :(

5FDP
23rd January 2011, 11:18 PM
But then again I love my G1's to be anime accurate.

If that's the case, I would highly recommend getting the 2010 TakTom Unicron. If you settle for anything less you will regret it.

As for your question regarding G1 Ratbat, I'm assuming that you are referring to the Encore #17 set. Ratbat comes with his 'gold' weapons which helps distinguish him from the KO's out there.

griffin
23rd January 2011, 11:21 PM
Did any of the Star Wars Crossover figures come with a little pilot?

All of the ones in the first packaging style (yellow - 2005 to mid-2008) had them, including the 3 deluxe sets (Vader/Death Star, Han + Chewie, Obi Wan + Vader).
Series 2 (blue packaging), series 3 (red packaging), series 4 (black packaging) dropped them, even when when releasing redeco's and re-releases of yellow-packed figures.

From my archives:

Series 1 - yellow packaging

Wave 1 (Dec 2005)
Darth Vader/Tie Advanced (new)
Obi-Wan Kenobi/Jedi Starfighter Ep3 (new)
General Greivous/Wheelbike (new)

Wave 1a (Jan 2006)
Luke Skywalker/X-wing Fighter (new)

Wave 2 (Feb 2006)
Boba Fett/Slave 1 (new)
Anakin Skywalker/Jedi Starfighter ep3 (remould - new head/redeco)
Darth Maul/Sith Infiltrator (new)

Wave 3 (May 2006)
Clone Pilot/ARC-170 Starfighter (white) (new)
Jango Fett/Slave-1 (redeco)
Emperor Palpatine/Imperial Shuttle (white) (new)

Wave 3a (June 2006)
Deluxe Han Solo & Chewbacca/Millenium Falcon (new)

Wave 4 (Dec 2006)
Darth Vader/Sith Starfighter (remould - new head/redeco)
Clone Pilot/ARC-170 Starfighter (blue) (remould - new head/redeco)

Wave 5 (April 2007)
Saesee Tinn/Jedi Starfighter Ep2 (new)
Mace Windu/Jedi Starfighter Ep3 (remould - new head/redeco)
Clone Pilot/Republic Gunship (open white) (new)

Wave 5a (July 2007)
Deluxe Darth Vader/TIE Advanced Vs Obi Wan Kenobi/Jedi Starfighter Ep3 (redeco) (Galactic Showdown - store excl)

Wave 5b (Sep 2007)
Deluxe Darth Vader/Death Star (new)

Wave 6 (November 2007)
Luke Skywalker/Snowspeeder (new)
AT-AT Driver/AT-AT (new)
Commander Cody/Turbo Tank (new)

Wave 7 (April 2008)
Obi Wan Kenobi/Jedi Starfighter Ep2 (remould - new head/redeco)
Clone Pilot/Republic Gunship (open blue) (remould - new head/redeco)

Series 2 - blue packaging (Clone Wars)
Wave 1 (July 2008)
Wave 2 (Aug 2008)
Wave 3 (Sep 2008)
Wave 4 (Nov 2008)
Wave 5 (Feb 2009)
Wave 6 (Mar 2009)
Wave 7 (May 2009)

Series 3 - red packaging (Clone Wars season 2)
Wave 1 (July 2009)
Wave 2 (Oct 2009)
Wave 3 (Feb 2010)
Wave 4 (released March 2010, not sighted in US until June)

Series 4 - black packaging
Wave 1 (July 2010)
Wave 2 (Aug 2010)
Wave 3 (unreleased?)

Hursticon
23rd January 2011, 11:39 PM
All of the ones in the first packaging style (yellow - 2005 to mid-2008) had them, including the 3 deluxe sets (Vader/Death Star, Han + Chewie, Obi Wan + Vader).
Series 2 (blue packaging), series 3 (red packaging), series 4 (black packaging) dropped them, even when when releasing redeco's and re-releases of yellow-packed figures.

*snip*

Ah! Cheers Griffin :D,

I was looking at some SW Crossovers today at my local Big W and it suddenly occurred to me: Didn't these have pilots coupled with them? :confused:
I scoured the packing and text and couldn't find any reference to them, nor could I see any little figures hiding away in the packaging - So naturally I thought I must be imagining things but I was sure they did. :p
(I was strating to think I was going nuts, well, more so anyway :D)

Thanks for the clarification mate, I wonder why they were dumped? - Cost, choking hazard or lack of interest? ;)

SkyWarp91
24th January 2011, 12:05 AM
Ah! Cheers Griffin :D,

I was looking at some SW Crossovers today at my local Big W and it suddenly occurred to me: Didn't these have pilots coupled with them? :confused:
I scoured the packing and text and couldn't find any reference to them, nor could I see any little figures hiding away in the packaging - So naturally I thought I must be imagining things but I was sure they did. :p
(I was strating to think I was going nuts, well, more so anyway :D)

Thanks for the clarification mate, I wonder why they were dumped? - Cost, choking hazard or lack of interest? ;)

Probably choking hazard. They were very small like Micro-Machines. Ah I miss those awesome puny toys

canofwhoopass_87
24th January 2011, 11:17 AM
If that's the case, I would highly recommend getting the 2010 TakTom Unicron. If you settle for anything less you will regret it.

As for your question regarding G1 Ratbat, I'm assuming that you are referring to the Encore #17 set. Ratbat comes with his 'gold' weapons which helps distinguish him from the KO's out there.

Oh excellent, thanks for the info.

In regards to G1 Ratbat though - I was actually asking whether or not both of his chrome weapons are exactly the same (do I have to worry about him having different "left" and "right" guns?)

5FDP
24th January 2011, 11:39 AM
In regards to G1 Ratbat though - I was actually asking whether or not both of his chrome weapons are exactly the same (do I have to worry about him having different "left" and "right" guns?)

They're not interchangeable (http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/430/ratbatweapons.jpg) unfortunately.

1AZRAEL1
24th January 2011, 12:36 PM
They're not interchangeable (http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/430/ratbatweapons.jpg) unfortunately.

Really? I thought they were the same. Now I have to go home and check mine.

5FDP
24th January 2011, 12:52 PM
Really? I thought they were the same. Now I have to go home and check mine.

Lemme clarify - either one will fit cause they're just peg holes, but there are minor molding differences which determine left / right orientation.

1AZRAEL1
24th January 2011, 01:00 PM
Lemme clarify - either one will fit cause they're just peg holes, but there are minor molding differences which determine left / right orientation.

I knew what you meant, I just didn't notice that they were molded differently. If only slightly.

Hursticon
24th January 2011, 04:38 PM
I knew what you meant, I just didn't notice that they were molded differently. If only slightly.

Lame! :(
I also always assumed that they were the same, now I've got to try and figure out which one I have and which one I need. :(

canofwhoopass_87
24th January 2011, 05:43 PM
Ultra lame. I only have one gold chrome weapon for my Ratbat and at first glance it didn't seem like it had a left or right orientation. Gota take out my magnifying glass and take a closer look now. At least I wasn't the only one that was fooled :p

Thanks for the heads up 5FDP!

heroic_decepticon
24th January 2011, 09:03 PM
Question: What's the deal with RTS Breacher (Scout Class) that it appears to be such a popular toy? Is there a G1/comics connetion somewhere (eg: like there is for Windcharger for example)

kaiden
24th January 2011, 09:13 PM
Question: What's the deal with RTS Breacher (Scout Class) that it appears to be such a popular toy? Is there a G1/comics connetion somewhere (eg: like there is for Windcharger for example)

he's just a well designed toy for scout class imo. i looked up the Transformers wikis and there is no bio other than the 2010 one. so he's a completely new character that was most likely just made for voyager seaspray.

i had thought about making a small army of him.

Autocon
24th January 2011, 10:40 PM
Probably choking hazard. They were very small like Micro-Machines. Ah I miss those awesome puny toys

HA ur in luck;) mebe....:D i might have some for sale......

kaiden there is a repaint. Use the blue for amry drones and the repaint for generals?

Hursticon
24th January 2011, 11:31 PM

he's just a well designed toy for scout class imo. i looked up the Transformers wikis and there is no bio other than the 2010 one. so he's a completely new character that was most likely just made for voyager seaspray.

That, and he bares a striking resemblance to G1 Micromaster Dropshot (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Dropshot_%28G1%29), bar the wrong faction logos. ;):)

Oilspill
25th January 2011, 02:03 AM
That, and he bares a striking resemblance to G1 Micromaster Dropshot (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Dropshot_%28G1%29), bar the wrong faction logos. ;):)

Yeah, wrong faction and he's missing those terrible 90s colours in bot mode (yeah, red and green totally go together with blue). The alt mode is quite similar though.

However, according to TFWiki he was apparently an homage to Groundshaker's ATV. Same colours, same 6 wheels, little cockpit, big gun on top. Apparently he was initially named Groundshaker too.

http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/f/f2/G1Groundshaker_toy.jpg

But to answer the original question, I think everyone just likes the engineering and aesthetics.

UltraMarginal
25th January 2011, 09:55 AM
Yeah, wrong faction and he's missing those terrible 90s colours in bot mode (yeah, red and green totally go together with blue). The alt mode is quite similar though.

However, according to TFWiki he was apparently an homage to Groundshaker's ATV. Same colours, same 6 wheels, little cockpit, big gun on top. Apparently he was initially named Groundshaker too.

http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/f/f2/G1Groundshaker_toy.jpg

But to answer the original question, I think everyone just likes the engineering and aesthetics.

I still have that Ground Shaker!! though it's dustier than in that picture.

And I personally think Breacher is so popular because it is extremely well designed, definitely in my top 5 for 2010. highly recommend that you get it.

autobreadticon
25th January 2011, 02:23 PM

hes reminds me a wrecker :D

gantz
28th January 2011, 09:25 AM
Hey guys, a quick question Im sure you can help me with, there is a guy selling the following Transformers:

Generation 1 Rodimus Prime - Takara Toys Japanese Reissue - Mint in Box - $100.00

Generation 1 Ultra Magnus - 25th Anniversary Commemorative Reissue - Mint in Box - $100.00

TRNS-01 Valkyrie - Generation 1 Arcee (as seen in Transformers Animated Movie), made by Impossible Toys - Mint in Box - $100.00

Generation 1 Kup & Wheelie - Takara Toys Japanese Reissue - Mint in Box - $70.00

Or the lot for $350.00.

Really would like the Arcee and Rodimus, so is any of that a good deal?

thanks.

canofwhoopass_87
28th January 2011, 11:46 AM
I'm not sure about Valkyrie, but I wouldn't pay anywhere near those prices for the G1 reissues. I'd probably pay about half of that asking price for each of them. That's just my opinion though

SkyWarp91
31st January 2011, 01:25 AM
Okay in light of the recent feeling amongst all Aussie members regarding the lack of RTS Wave 1 or the possibility of a no-show of PCC in Australian retail I'm thinking of resorting to online-shopping, which I have never done (apart from eBay) but have asked about a bit on these boards. I also have a few more questions...

A) Do these stores ever get their stock back? The RTS Wave 1 and Highbrow figures at BBTS and TF-source AND RK are all out-of-stock.

B) Do any of these sites offer a postage quote BEFORE you make the purchase?

I know that I can ask the stores these questions as well but I prefer a customer's opinion first.

liegeprime
31st January 2011, 01:34 AM
Yes these online stores do tend to re-Stock but you have to be quick, based my experience (with BBTS) since they've got a massive buyer base nowadays their re-stock stuff tend to be limited and are taken up in a snap.

Their postage quote is usually after youve purchased - they will only make mention of what methods they use and are available in their FAQ. Unlike when buying thru ebay that you can pretty much ask the seller fist how much post cost will it be to Australia. Guess coz theyve got an in built computing system on postage to their ordering program which takes care of the post cost computation - but tends to be very pricey and at times overcharged (based on exp with BBTS) compared to what it really should cost....

gdmetro
31st January 2011, 01:50 AM
Okay in light of the recent feeling amongst all Aussie members regarding the lack of RTS Wave 1 or the possibility of a no-show of PCC in Australian retail I'm thinking of resorting to online-shopping, which I have never done (apart from eBay) but have asked about a bit on these boards. I also have a few more questions...

A) Do these stores ever get their stock back? The RTS Wave 1 and Highbrow figures at BBTS and TF-source AND RK are all out-of-stock.

I know that I can ask the stores these questions as well but I prefer a customer's opinion first.

For B)- RK gives you the quote before purchase. Just place all items you want, then check out. Place all the details i.e. what shipping to use, insurance, etc then press next- There will be a page "order confirmation" this page will detail the fig, price, total and shipping/insurance. It will ask you to confirm- once you click confirm it will transfer you to paypal to proceed with transaction.

UltraMarginal
31st January 2011, 01:34 PM

I've only ever shopped with BBTS so far...
but I have generally been pretty impressed. I think they do re-stock on a fairly regular basis, if you get on their email list they send out an update email on a weekly basis which is generally more info than anyone could ever need but if you are waiting for a particular item to re-stock you might find that useful.

They do have a postage calculator that is part of the checkout process and you do find out how much they are going to charge before you complete the transaction. There is generally a couple differnt postage methods available also so you can pick whichever suits your needs re: speed of deliver Vs price.

I have found though that the best way to shop with them is to set up a "pile of Loot" that way they charge you for items but keep them on site and you can elect a time in the future to send your loot and in the mean time you can add things to your order. I have found that the cheapest postage works out once you have a fair sized haul and get it sent UPS international, it turns up in a week, is tracked all the way and when you have close to ten items it works out between $6 and $10 per item for postage. which makes it overall competetive with buying off the shelf here in australia for some things while the dollar is good.

GoktimusPrime
1st February 2011, 04:46 PM
Do we know for sure if Australia is going to miss the RTS line with Kup, Scourge, Perceptor, Wreck-Gar, Tracks, Grappel etc.? Cos I've seen some people say that they've sighted and purchased some of these toys locally, but other people saying that we're going to miss them.

So anyway, I emailed Hasbro yesterday and... no reply (so far). ): I called Hasbro today and... they said they'll get back to me. /:

everytime I contact TakaraTOMY I get answers straight away... (-_-)

SharkyMcShark
1st February 2011, 05:34 PM
We've skipped the first wave of deluxes at this point (Tracks, Jazz, Fallback, Mindset). I don't know if they're going to show up later or not. The first wave of voyagers (Lugnut, Grapple) have been spotted at several K Marts.

The second wave of deluxes have been sighted and purchased by several members in several states, including me (This is the Prime, Bumblebee, Wreckgar and Perceptor wave).

Future waves, who knows?

mentok27
1st February 2011, 05:38 PM
Do we know for sure if Australia is going to miss the RTS line with Kup, Scourge, Perceptor, Wreck-Gar, Tracks, Grappel etc.? Cos I've seen some people say that they've sighted and purchased some of these toys locally, but other people saying that we're going to miss them.

So anyway, I emailed Hasbro yesterday and... no reply (so far). ): I called Hasbro today and... they said they'll get back to me. /:

everytime I contact TakaraTOMY I get answers straight away... (-_-)

Aus has RTS DEluxe Wave 2...... which is Perceptor, Wreckgar, G2 Prime and Black Stripe BB. So far we are without RTS Deluxe wave 1 which has tracks, jazz and 2 movie repaints.

Scourge and Kup are Generations figs. Also Thundercracker and Wheeljack will be Generations and probably warpath/Arcee...... there has been no evidence of RTS wave 3 yet and with the amount of movie stuff floating about it seems theyre the next big restock but generations will probably run along side of movie toys since theres no sign of it slowing down.

Vector Prime
1st February 2011, 10:49 PM
I know he won't see this (or bother checking any other parts of the forum) since all he posts are links to his reviews, but does anyone actually watch blurrprime's video reviews? :rolleyes:

5FDP
1st February 2011, 11:21 PM
I know he won't see this (or bother checking any other parts of the forum) since all he posts are links to his reviews, but does anyone actually watch blurrprime's video reviews? :rolleyes:

To answer your question - yes, however what's your point? :confused: People contribute to this forum in their different ways.

Vector Prime
1st February 2011, 11:38 PM
To answer your question - yes, however what's your point? :confused: People contribute to this forum in their different ways.

Just curious - I watched the first couple that he posted and that was it.

heroic_decepticon
2nd February 2011, 02:55 AM

I still have that Ground Shaker!! though it's dustier than in that picture.

And I personally think Breacher is so popular because it is extremely well designed, definitely in my top 5 for 2010. highly recommend that you get it.

hes reminds me a wrecker :D

Thanks for the reply guys!

Now that I am actually searching for Breacher, its all sold out! hmmm...

kup
3rd February 2011, 10:08 PM
Be careful with soft rubbery weapons on your toys. The heat can make them bend.

My Drift's sword became really floppy and curved due to the heat, I would suggest putting them in a position where gravity won't bend it down until the heat eases.

UltraMarginal
3rd February 2011, 10:41 PM

My Drift's sword became really floppy and curved due to the heat, I would suggest putting them in a position where gravity won't bend it down until the heat eases.

so many inappropriate comments that could be made here:p

... I'll stop now.

kup
3rd February 2011, 10:58 PM

... I'll stop now.

I knew this would happen but hoped it didn't :(

canofwhoopass_87
3rd February 2011, 11:38 PM

... I'll stop now.

Ha! My immature mind was thinking the same thing when I read Kups post. Awesome.

UltraMarginal
4th February 2011, 12:27 AM
Ha! My immature mind was thinking the same thing when I read Kups post. Awesome.

Who you calling uncrassimatic!!:D

Dkaris
4th February 2011, 12:40 AM
Hey guys, I haven't really been actively collecting transformers for a while now (please forgive me =P) as my attention has been directed toward eva and a few other shows and lines of figures. However tonight i looked up on my shelf and saw my Masterclass Thundercracker looking very very lonely. I'm wondering how hard it iI is to find the MP starscream (the bluish-grey one) and what the average price for him is? Most placed ive checked are sold out. I also saw on robot kingdom some MP sized seekers made by one of the third party companies. are they worth pre ordering?

Autocon
4th February 2011, 03:02 AM
http://inlinethumb31.webshots.com/43550/2654673890100811158S500x500Q85.jpg

can u name all of these combiners????

GoktimusPrime
4th February 2011, 10:47 AM

Yes I can name all of those gestalts. How many can you name?

(L-R)
Road Caesar, Piranacon (or King Poseidon), Abominus, Bruticus, Devastator/Devastar, Superion, Computron/Computicon, Lio Kaiser, Menasor, Raiden, Defensor/Guardian, Sixbuilder (reissue), Sixwing, Sixturbo (reissue), Sixtrain (reissue), Sixliner (reissue), Monstructor, Dino King

And for some reason, the Autobot logos on reissue Sixtrain and Sixliner have either been removed or aren't visible in that photo

blackoptimus
6th February 2011, 01:43 AM
G1 Ironhide: Has anyone ever tried transforming the figures tank base back into car mode and have been frustrated because every time you fold the sides together, you feel like it's gonna break? Is there a way to stop this? Give the toy a smoother transformation? A way to sand down the plastic that's there?

1AZRAEL1
6th February 2011, 10:38 AM

My Drift sword and Bludgeon have both had theirs swords bend in the heat. Drift got moved to a box atm anyway, but Bludgeon is still up somewhere.

GoktimusPrime
6th February 2011, 11:16 AM
Holy frack-cow... my Bludgeon's sword is stored inside the cannon-sheath (mostly to save space on a crowded shelf) -- my Drift's sword is held by Blurr (cos Drift is currently displayed in vehicle mode)... haven't noticed any warping yet, but it wouldn't surprise me. That sword bends easily even in normal temperatures. :/

G1 Ironhide: Has anyone ever tried transforming the figures tank base back into car mode and have been frustrated because every time you fold the sides together, you feel like it's gonna break? Is there a way to stop this? Give the toy a smoother transformation? A way to sand down the plastic that's there?

Have you made sure that the wheels aren't obstructing? It helps to transform the trailer in the correct sequence. This (http://www.botchthecrab.com/archive/decoder.asp?CharName=Ironhide&ImgURL=/archive/instructions/autobot/1984/instr_ironhide.jpg) might help.

janda the red
6th February 2011, 12:24 PM
hey guys....

i went to market this morn and picked up this little guy on the very last table. i got all inspired by a thread i read about your "greatest bargains"...lol

forgive my ignorance if this is blatantly obvious, i've looked for about an hour and have had no luck figuring out what this is. does anyone know his name?

thanks in advance

janda :)

http://i54.tinypic.com/imtn5z.jpg

Vector Prime
6th February 2011, 12:25 PM
That's my namesake - Vector Prime :p

It's the Cybertron Voyager Vector Prime (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Vector_Prime#Cybertron)

janda the red
6th February 2011, 12:28 PM
That's my namesake - Vector Prime :p

It's the Cybertron Voyager Vector Prime (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Vector_Prime#Cybertron)

awesome! thanks mate :):):)

canofwhoopass_87
9th February 2011, 04:07 PM
Alrighty, getting fairly annoyed at my postman now. Every priority / registered / express parcel now = an additional trip to the local post office because that assface can't be bothered ringing the doorbell anymore. Frustrating because there's usually someone at home. He takes the time to fill out the "attempted delivery" card; but refuses to walk the extra ten steps to see if anyone is home.

Now I've considered trying to get into contact with Australia post and speak with them directly to resolve the issue - but it may result in my postman being disciplined or perhaps get him into trouble. I'm hesitant to do this because he is the bringer of plastic joy; and I'm not one to make a postman angry..we've all heard the stories of their gun slinging fanatics, shooting up the place and whatnot.

So what's the best course of action?

Hursticon
9th February 2011, 04:17 PM
*snip*

So what's the best course of action?

I'd try and catch him when he's on his next run dude and have a good chat to him and explain your situation, you'd be surprised how decent most of them are - My postie is a top bloke, he'll ride his bike right up to the veranda to deliver the mail if there is rain or heavy wind, sometimes just to have a chat. :)

I find it's mainly the store staff who are... Not decent to deal with. :o
(In my own experience ;))

blackie
9th February 2011, 04:48 PM
from what i hear:
postie cant go more than 5m from bike
postie wont drive up your driveway
also doesnt help if your driveway has stairs or a slope.....
mate told me auspost told him this when they didnt deliver a registered letter when his whole fam was home.....

Hursticon
9th February 2011, 05:08 PM
from what i hear:
mate told me auspost told him this when they didnt deliver a registered letter when his whole fam was home.....

Must be a State thing maybe? - I've never had or heard of that before, very intriguing. :cool:

UltraMarginal
9th February 2011, 05:12 PM
from what i hear:

the size of parcels I get from BBTS the postie would need to be riding a quad bike ...

seriously though, I get all of my deliveries to work, that way I know it's a secure PO box. so far I've not had a problem, apart from a folded comic from the bookdepository.

blackie
9th February 2011, 05:30 PM
the size of parcels I get from BBTS the postie would need to be riding a quad bike ...

seriously though, I get all of my deliveries to work, that way I know it's a secure PO box. so far I've not had a problem, apart from a folded comic from the bookdepository.

regular postie doesnt do your bbts parcels

5FDP
9th February 2011, 10:04 PM
I've been in my garage at the top of my driveway and my postie has driven straight in to hand me the mail. He's a top bloke!

There's two types of people you don't piss off - the postie and anyone serving you food ;)

UltraMarginal
10th February 2011, 11:43 AM
regular postie doesnt do your bbts parcels

yea I know, just trying unsuccesfully to make a joke..:(.

but like I was saying, I get everything deliverd to work, that way, it comes through a PO box, more secure, less chance of damage, never had a problem.
Though I am now on pretty good terms with the ladies in the Post shop there.:D

blackoptimus
11th February 2011, 12:06 AM
Is it recommended to take out batteries from transformers? Modern and Old Skool? Or do you guys think I wouldn't have a problem with that?

Hursticon
11th February 2011, 12:24 AM
Is it recommended to take out batteries from transformers? Modern and Old Skool? Or do you guys think I wouldn't have a problem with that?

Best suggestion is to take them out if you only intend on displaying them, the last thing you'd want is for them to leak over time and permanently ruin or scar your figures. ;):)

Sharky
11th February 2011, 09:45 AM
someone here got some custom cases from the people over at AFA (sorry i forget who it was)

generally i am wondering is it worth while getting some of these cases for a few of my MISB items... i am mostly considering my two MM Battlestations that are in pretty awesome condition

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h167/Steves_collection/Transformers%20Misc/P2111007bsm.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h167/Steves_collection/Transformers%20Misc/P2111012sm.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h167/Steves_collection/Transformers%20Misc/P2111010sm.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h167/Steves_collection/Transformers%20Misc/P2111008.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h167/Steves_collection/Transformers%20Misc/P2111011sm.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h167/Steves_collection/Transformers%20Misc/P2111013sm.jpg

is the expense of the cases justifiable

Vector Prime
11th February 2011, 09:48 AM
someone here got some custom cases from the people over at AFA (sorry i forget who it was)

generally i am wondering is it worth while getting some of these cases for a few of my MISB items... i am mostly considering my two MM Battlestations that are in pretty awesome condition

**SNIP**

These look super minty... so to answer your question, IMO, yes, the expense is justifiable! :)

(I think it was 5FDP or Skullcruncher who got some custom AFA cases)

5FDP
11th February 2011, 10:23 AM
(I think it was 5FDP or Skullcruncher who got some custom AFA cases)

Yeah, it was me :D The only problem you're gonna have Sharky is that they have set sizes for their display cases. They are -

Transformers Optimus Prime Acrylic Display Case
Transformers Megatron Acrylic Display Case
Transformers Cassette Acrylic Display Case
Transformers Combiners Acrylic Display Case (which IMO are crap)
Transformers Minicar Acrylic Display Case
Transformers Cars Acrylic Display Case
Transformers Jets Acrylic Display Case

I would suggest contacting them at custserv@toygrader.com to request a quote for a custom-size acrylic display case which they can do.

Hope that helps!

Sharky
11th February 2011, 10:32 AM
Yeah, it was me :D The only problem you're gonna have Sharky is that they have set sizes for their display cases. They are -

I would suggest contacting them at custserv@toygrader.com to request a quote for a custom-size acrylic display case which they can do.

Hope that helps!

i did size them up and put in the custom dimensions on the custom case page.. the cases come in at $38.90 odd each so i am not sure if that is expensive or worth the price

i cant remember what i paid for these guys either....

aside from that is the quality of the cases good?

Skullcruncher
11th February 2011, 10:52 AM

Hope that helps!

And I..... the Jet cases are bad news if you ever want to get the item out again!

Overall the quality is good. Be aware of shipping costs as they usually use fedex.

It depends do you ever think you will open them?

Skullcruncher
11th February 2011, 10:55 AM
Just looked up the AFA population reports - neither of these sets have ever been graded!

5FDP
11th February 2011, 10:59 AM
i did size them up and put in the custom dimensions on the custom case page.. the cases come in at $38.90 odd each so i am not sure if that is expensive or worth the price

i cant remember what i paid for these guys either....

aside from that is the quality of the cases good?

Their prices range from about $20 (carded toys) up to $50 (boxed leaders) so 38 bucks for a custom case isn't that bad.

The quality of the cases is awesome. Just be careful when inserting the box into the case because they have a 'place-holder' for the box flap and if this isn't dead straight, it's an absolute pain in the ass to get it in.

canofwhoopass_87
11th February 2011, 12:03 PM
Just looked up the AFA population reports - neither of these sets have ever been graded!

If SC is right you can potentially have the one and only AFA MISB piece on the market! I'd suggest sticking with toy grader as well (although you might have to fork out the extra cash for quality casing i.e. shipping etc). I know there are quite a few places overseas that also manufacture acrylic cases for vintage collectables, but you'd have to do a google search since I'm not too familiar with them.

CSG is another big fish in acrylic casing aren't they? Pretty sure they're based in Singapore or somewhere in south east asia, so shipping might not be as dear as toy grader.

Just one last suggestion - if you end up asking toy grader to quote you on just the plain case, it might be interesting to find out how much extra it'll set you back to actually get it graded. I mean, you're already paying for the shipping; so it might be worth going that extra mile and boost the value of the MM set. Just food for thought though; since grading may or may not be in your area of interest.

Good luck sharky, let us know how it goes. I'm sure other members on here would be very interested.

BTW that's a very beautiful MM piece. IMO I reckon it'll nab around 80-85 on the AFA meter. Minty fresh!

Skullcruncher
11th February 2011, 01:27 PM
CSG is another big fish in acrylic casing aren't they? Pretty sure they're based in Singapore or somewhere in south east asia, so shipping might not be as dear as toy grader.

BTW that's a very beautiful MM piece. IMO I reckon it'll nab around 80-85 on the AFA meter. Minty fresh!

Keep clear of CSG they are bad news, many reports of the owner interferring with the items, grading his own etc over on tfw....

Yeah they are very nice pieces - Its great seeing the art work on the back of the boxes from the different series!

Sharky
11th February 2011, 02:28 PM
*Snip*

yeah these two are great pieces and i would like to protect them a little more
i might look into getting them graded se what the cash flow is like....

thanks for the advice guys :)

swoop
11th February 2011, 10:47 PM
Can anyone remember what the botcon non-attendee packages costed last year?

High_Q
11th February 2011, 11:50 PM

I've gotten a few custom cases from AFA, and the quality is excellent, and they are manufactured to fit exactly the measurements you provide. Note that the packing and shipping cost almost as much as the the cases themselves. Your MISB Micromasters definitely look case-worthy.

griffin
12th February 2011, 01:24 AM
Can anyone remember what the botcon non-attendee packages costed last year?

I found that they have archived the PDF brochure up on their botcon website (http://www.botcon.com/BotCon10/disneybrochure.pdf).

$305 for members, $375 for non-members - plus postage.

swoop
12th February 2011, 06:55 AM
Thanks for that griffin

heroic_decepticon
16th February 2011, 11:49 PM

that photo looks strangely familiar....

gantz
20th February 2011, 10:58 AM
Is the Fanprojects Protector compatible with the Rodimus from the RtS Rodimus VS Cyclonus 2-pack?

Vector Prime
20th February 2011, 11:21 AM
Is the Fanprojects Protector compatible with the Rodimus from the RtS Rodimus VS Cyclonus 2-pack?

Yes. It's the same mold as the Classics Rodimus - although the colours won't be a correct match.

gantz
20th February 2011, 11:34 AM
Excellent! Thanks for the answer, I'm thinking the colours wont bother me too much, and the cost of a Classics on eBay is just too much for me :(

Vector Prime
20th February 2011, 11:47 AM
Excellent! Thanks for the answer, I'm thinking the colours wont bother me too much, and the cost of a Classics on eBay is just too much for me :(

The RTS Two-Pack Rodimus is more of a bright red whereas the Classics is more of a darker maroon colour.

Here's some comparison pics vs Protector kit showing difference in colour:

Classics Vs Henkei Vs RtS (http://www.seibertron.com/images/toys/files/126/fansproject-protector-145.jpg)

RtS Vs Protector (http://www.seibertron.com/images/toys/files/126/fansproject-protector-041.jpg)

Classics Vs Protector (http://www.seibertron.com/images/toys/files/126/fansproject-protector-042.jpg)

Oilspill
20th February 2011, 03:57 PM
I just got United Tracks (who is glorious), but on the inside of his right shin is a white bar of plastic. It doesn't look like it moves, so does anyone know what this is for?

Seems to take a fair bit of extra engineering/cost (extra piece of plastic, 2 screws, moulding changes on the leg and bonnet), so it must be important.

My only guess is it is some new method of engineering a friction connection. Any theories? Has anyone seen this in any other figures?

UltraMarginal
21st February 2011, 12:52 AM
I just got United Tracks (who is glorious), but on the inside of his right shin is a white bar of plastic. It doesn't look like it moves, so does anyone know what this is for?

Seems to take a fair bit of extra engineering/cost (extra piece of plastic, 2 screws, moulding changes on the leg and bonnet), so it must be important.

My only guess is it is some new method of engineering a friction connection. Any theories? Has anyone seen this in any other figures?

post some pics and we'll take a guess

Doubledealer
21st February 2011, 05:05 PM
I know there's a Henkei Legends Cliffjumper but does anyone know if a Universe Legends Cliffjumper is on the cards?

blackoptimus
21st February 2011, 08:06 PM
If you pre-order 2x figures, big ones from robotkingdom and you pay the amount, do they charge your shipping now or when the figures come in?

blackie
21st February 2011, 08:08 PM
now

Vector Prime
21st February 2011, 08:09 PM
If you pre-order 2x figures, big ones from robotkingdom and you pay the amount, do they charge your shipping now or when the figures come in?

You pay for the whole lot in one go, but they won't ship the order until the last figure comes into stock

blackoptimus
21st February 2011, 08:29 PM
You pay for the whole lot in one go, but they won't ship the order until the last figure comes into stock

Good, beautiful Imma order the 2x new MP's pretty excited. Hehehe Cheers man.

Skullcruncher
22nd February 2011, 10:31 AM
Hi does anyone have a web link that shows the different japanese instuctions/paper catalogue inserts that came with takara g1 transformers?

When did the bio cards start being inserts?

Thanks

twisted_belly
22nd February 2011, 02:24 PM
Will Takara release the RTS legends? I have been holding off buying megatron with the orange tip in hope of Takara releasing one without the stupid colour

GoktimusPrime
22nd February 2011, 04:40 PM
Hi does anyone have a web link that shows the different japanese instuctions/paper catalogue inserts that came with takara g1 transformers?

When did the bio cards start being inserts?

Thanks

Sorry, what do you mean by inserts? Do you mean like collectible trading cards instead of clip and save? If so, it started in G2, but it was standardised during Beast Wars. And the bio cards in G2 were smaller, whereas Beast Wars was when they started making the same size as collectable cards (which is just pure win!)

I've noticed that Japanese Animated toys don't have this anymore and just print the tech specs as part of the instructions. :( Although the first time I saw this was with reissue God Ginrai -- the tech specs for God Ginrai was on a collectable card format, but the tech specs for Super Ginrai and Godbomber were printed on the instructions. And most Robot Masters toys had their tech specs printed on the packaging (clip and save style) instead of having cards.

blackoptimus
22nd February 2011, 08:43 PM
Is the Movie 1 first release of camero 08' bumblebee have black painted eyes? Or was there a variant where the eyes were painted in black? As opposed to clear blue?

Vector Prime
23rd February 2011, 01:59 AM
Can somebody tell me if this is legit or a KO? :confused:

Minty G1 Blitzwing (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Transformers-G1-1985-Triple-Changer-Blitzwing-100-/130489834706?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e61ccdcd2#ht_1626wt_932)

heroic_decepticon
23rd February 2011, 02:09 AM
Can somebody tell me if this is legit or a KO? :confused:

Minty G1 Blitzwing (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Transformers-G1-1985-Triple-Changer-Blitzwing-100-/130489834706?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e61ccdcd2#ht_1626wt_932)

HighEndTFs didnt have any write up on KO Blitzwings (but yes, they have been KOed). From the pictures, the instruction sheet, the stampings on both wings, and the way the auction is structured, I'd say this is genuine.

Vector Prime
23rd February 2011, 02:13 AM
HighEndTFs didnt have any write up on KO Blitzwings (but yes, they have been KOed). From the pictures, the instruction sheet, the stampings on both wings, and the way the auction is structured, I'd say this is genuine.

Cheers (again!) HD :)

UltraMarginal
23rd February 2011, 01:55 PM

On a similar line of thought, is there a good resourse online that details KO's of G1 toys.
I was at the parra fair the other day and had some figures pointed out as KO, and looking at the box, I could not have told any difference. I'll be going to Botcon and I want to be sure that i can tell if something I'm keen on is a KO or not.

Cheers

1AZRAEL1
23rd February 2011, 02:03 PM
On a similar line of thought, is there a good resourse online that details KO's of G1 toys.
I was at the parra fair the other day and had some figures pointed out as KO, and looking at the box, I could not have told any difference. I'll be going to Botcon and I want to be sure that i can tell if something I'm keen on is a KO or not.

Cheers

Best source that most people use is HighEndTFs (http://www.highendtfs.com/)

From there, you can find most stuff that has been KOed and how to tell the difference.

LordCyrusOmega
23rd February 2011, 02:25 PM
So i know the legal stuff when it comes to owning and importing masterpiece megatron. My question is this: is it legal to import the MP-5 upgrade kit? I did a search but couldn't find anything so any help or direction appreciated.

On an unrelated topic does anyone know the names of robots who will star in DOTM? I like my movieverse to be movie accurate eg cast members only and in the past have picked up toys that are not in the movie. I'd like to avoid that this time. To keep from posting spoilers for others it may be best to PM me these if possible.

UltraMarginal
23rd February 2011, 02:41 PM
So i know the legal stuff when it comes to owning and importing masterpiece megatron. My question is this: is it legal to import the MP-5 upgrade kit? I did a search but couldn't find anything so any help or direction appreciated.

On an unrelated topic does anyone know the names of robots who will star in DOTM? I like my movieverse to be movie accurate eg cast members only and in the past have picked up toys that are not in the movie. I'd like to avoid that this time. To keep from posting spoilers for others it may be best to PM me these if possible.

I'm pretty sure it's not a problem to bring in the add on kit, by itself it's not a replica firearm.

UltraMarginal
23rd February 2011, 02:42 PM
Best source that most people use is HighEndTFs (http://www.highendtfs.com/)

From there, you can find most stuff that has been KOed and how to tell the difference.

WOW, that list is a lot bigger than I expected..

blackoptimus
23rd February 2011, 04:50 PM
Is MP-05 illegal in QLD? Is there a way of getting him in?

kup
23rd February 2011, 07:52 PM
Is MP-05 illegal in QLD? Is there a way of getting him in?

Yes it is and YOU shouldn't get him.

blackoptimus
23rd February 2011, 08:03 PM

That's stupid that law is stupid makes it stupid.

SkyWarp91
23rd February 2011, 08:15 PM

I thought it wasn't illegal but there's a strict process into obtaining it with customs. I know a friend who imported one but he spent two months trying to convince Customs (completing a heap of forms) it was a transforming toy, this was around when the 2007 movie had just come out and not everyone was familiar with it yet. Customs apparently when finding the toy tried to inspect the gun mechanism itself only to find a bundled heap of arms and legs and a head they could not put back together and had to call him in to do it :)

Sky Shadow
23rd February 2011, 08:23 PM

Stupid-that-law-is-stupid-makes-it-stupid is as stupid-that-law-is-stupid-makes-it-stupid does.

fatbot
23rd February 2011, 08:39 PM

If you don't like the law, complain to your local state member, however, they usually don't listen to such incoherent babble. But you never know, it is QLD, they may be used to such idiocy in in the sunshine state.

Tober
23rd February 2011, 08:44 PM

It changes from state to state, but in NSW it is illegal to import firearm accessories such as stocks and silencers.

Scopes, for whatever reason, are legal. But that part comes with MP-5 by default anyway.

gantz
23rd February 2011, 09:36 PM
Is there a feedback thread for (what I think) is the new kinda mobile app for the site?

Was bored at the pub earlier and jumped on to OTCA and was happily surprised :D

LordCyrusOmega
23rd February 2011, 09:41 PM
Thanks for that. Didn't want to import it only to have it seized by customs.

It is stupid unfortunately it's the law. There must be some reason for it, even if the replica gun he transforms into is larger then life.
Maybe one day the law will change. After all; How many people who own him legally display him in alternate mode?

Hursticon
23rd February 2011, 10:02 PM
Thanks for that. Didn't want to import it only to have it seized by customs.

It is stupid unfortunately it's the law. There must be some reason for it, even if the replica gun he transforms into is larger then life.
Maybe one day the law will change. After all; How many people who own him legally display him in alternate mode?

I hear you dude, as I also considered the upgrade kit to MP-05 as it came highly recommended by a couple of members but, as it stands, that will have to wait until the law changes... :(
Those who maybe have 2, like Tiby, do indeed have him displayed in Alt mode and it's impressive - Albeit completely out of scale with human hands! :p:D

GoktimusPrime
24th February 2011, 12:21 AM
I thought it wasn't illegal but there's a strict process into obtaining it with customs. I know a friend who imported one but he spent two months trying to convince Customs (completing a heap of forms) it was a transforming toy, this was around when the 2007 movie had just come out and not everyone was familiar with it yet. Customs apparently when finding the toy tried to inspect the gun mechanism itself only to find a bundled heap of arms and legs and a head they could not put back together and had to call him in to do it :)

As others have said, it varies in different states and territories.

NSW (http://megatron.net.au/MC_Masterpiece_MP05_NSW.htm): Prohibited. You can legally own a gun TF with a permit (which comes with certain requirements, like safe storage).
Victoria (http://megatron.net.au/MC_Masterpiece_MP05_VIC.htm): Illegal.
Queensland (http://megatron.net.au/MC_Masterpiece_MP05_QLD.htm): Illegal.
South Australia (http://megatron.net.au/MC_Masterpiece_MP05_SA.htm): Illegal to import, but legal to own!
Western Australia (http://megatron.net.au/MC_Masterpiece_MP05_WA.htm): Legal!
Tasmania (http://megatron.net.au/MC_Masterpiece_MP05_Tas.htm): Unknown.
Australian Capital Territory (http://megatron.net.au/MC_Masterpiece_MP05_ACT.htm): Illegal.
Northern Territory (http://megatron.net.au/MC_Masterpiece_MP05_NT.htm): Unknown.

There's a thread here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=9836) where anyone can post the names of character-toys appearing in the movie. Cos I'd really like to know too. :)

Albeit completely out of scale with human hands! :p:D
I used to believe that too until Tiby told me about the time he went into some vault where the police have all these confiscated/detained firearms and they showed him a real-life gun that was the same size and shape as MP Megatron. It wasn't a Walther P38, but to the average person if you flashed MP Megs at them in gun mode it could look real to them. :eek:

griffin
24th February 2011, 12:36 AM

Cheers

Our list (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=9470) should cover most...

Hursticon
24th February 2011, 12:46 AM
I used to believe that too until Tiby told me about the time he went into some vault where the police have all these confiscated/detained firearms and they showed him a real-life gun that was the same size and shape as MP Megatron. It wasn't a Walther P38, but to the average person if you flashed MP Megs at them in gun mode it could look real to them. :eek:

Yeah, I've no doubt that there would be a firearm that would look similar in real life and yeah, if you flashed MP-05 around publicly it isn't too far of a stretch to imagine people thinking it's real. :o
Mind you I reckon one would be crazy to run around with an MP-05 in the public in the first place. :p
If you don't mind me asking dude, where'd you pick up your locking glass case? :)

griffin
24th February 2011, 01:11 AM
Currently in QLD, according to the Weapons Act 1990 (http://www.legislation.qld.gov.au/LEGISLTN/CURRENT/W/WeaponsA90.pdf), replica firearms (specifically, 'blank-fire firearms')are classed as Category H weapons (http://www.legislation.qld.gov.au/LEGISLTN/CURRENT/W/WeaponsCatR97.pdf), and you can get a permit (http://www.legislation.qld.gov.au/LEGISLTN/CURRENT/W/WeaponsR96.pdf) for owning them, and a (separate) permit for purchasing them. I'm still working out the details of what the permit process is and how much it costs.
But without a permit, owning a Category H weapon can get you up to 7 years in prison, or up to 10 years if you have more than 10.

If the replica weapon is used to cause 'alarm', the penalty is up to 2 years in prison.
And carrying one in public can attract up to 3 months imprisonment, if it can be shown that the way it was displayed could cause a reasonable person concern about being threatened or harmed.

People supplying Category H weapons also need a permit, or else the penalties are even greater.

And owners of Category H weapons need to have them stored in a certain secure manner/premises, similar to the NSW requirements.

It might suck having these laws now, but blame it on the thugs who use replica/toy guns to rob people and stores. If they were just used by kids as toys, we wouldn't now have a problem owning them, or admitting that we own them.

Autocon
24th February 2011, 02:41 AM
It changes from state to state, but in NSW it is illegal to import firearm accessories such as stocks and silencers.

Scopes, for whatever reason, are legal. But that part comes with MP-5 by default anyway.

can i just say i love having a lawyer on the boards :cool: