PDA

View Full Version : Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

kaiden
7th July 2011, 01:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3s2h7YpfIc

When he was swapping out the hand for the sword, the ball joint snapped off inside of the arm. Also, he mentions little pieces which pop off all the time.
It doesn't really appeal to me anymore :/ apart from the build.

yeah model kits aren't really meant for play which is why they're so delicate. when you buy a model kit, its because you want to paint it and make it look pretty for displaying.

tinyJazz
7th July 2011, 03:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3s2h7YpfIc

When he was swapping out the hand for the sword, the ball joint snapped off inside of the arm. Also, he mentions little pieces which pop off all the time.
It doesn't really appeal to me anymore :/ apart from the build.

yeah model kits aren't really meant for play which is why they're so delicate. when you buy a model kit, its because you want to paint it and make it look pretty for displaying.

:rolleyes: Gosh, well maybe he should have been more gentle? Like Kaiden said, it's not a toy, it's a model for display. The fun is in the building!
You can use Shocker Gel (from slot cars) to loosen up ball joints, or just take the arm apart to change the ball joint? Also little parts falling off? Um, that's what glue is for. :/ I really think a gunpla builder should do a review of it.

If you're after a posable toy, get the revoltech. It looks awesome too.

Anyway Prime_217, to answer your question:

For the modelkits, you can buy them from RobotKingdom (http://robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=list&CatType=Category&CatID=41_226&lang=us). (which a lot of members here use)

Also from eToysJapan (http://www.etoysjapan.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=214&Itemid=1). Note that their stock is from Hasbro Hong Kong, despite having "Japan" in the store name. I've used them several times and never had a problem. They're also super polite and respond to emails pretty much straight away. ;)

Now, on to my question! I think Gok might have the answer for this. :p

In fiction (any fiction), where do the cassette transformers come from and how do they end up teaming up with their respective boomboxes? I'm sure they all didn't go "Hey, we're just gonna hang out in your chest from now on, if you don't mind."

I get Ratbat (from Megatron Origin?) But how do Eject and Rewind et al end up in this position, and even think this is a good idea?

:confused: does that make sense?

Hursticon
7th July 2011, 03:25 PM
In fiction (any fiction), where do the cassette transformers come from and how do they end up teaming up with their respective boomboxes? I'm sure they all didn't go "Hey, we're just gonna hang out in your chest from now on, if you don't mind."

I get Ratbat (from Megatron Origin?) But how do Eject and Rewind et al end up in this position, and even think this is a good idea?

:confused: does that make sense?

It does and I think that is a very interesting question that I too am looking forward to an answer too! ;):eek:

kaiden
7th July 2011, 07:02 PM

that's exactly how it happened!

LordCyrusOmega
7th July 2011, 08:08 PM
I know the Cyberverse action sets are not counted in the universal counting method but what about The Ark set? Surely the Ark should be counted as it's own entity.

Hursticon
7th July 2011, 08:38 PM
I know the Cyberverse action sets are not counted in the universal counting method but what about The Ark set? Surely the Ark should be counted as it's own entity.

Or at least Roller... I can understand the play-sets not being counted as they aren't sentient, but surely the Transformer they come with are. :confused:

Prime_217
7th July 2011, 08:50 PM
Anyway Prime_217, to answer your question:

For the modelkits, you can buy them from RobotKingdom (http://robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=list&CatType=Category&CatID=41_226&lang=us). (which a lot of members here use)

Also from eToysJapan (http://www.etoysjapan.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=214&Itemid=1). Note that their stock is from Hasbro Hong Kong, despite having "Japan" in the store name. I've used them several times and never had a problem. They're also super polite and respond to emails pretty much straight away. ;)

THANKYOU SOOOO MUCH that is awesome and it's cheaper than BBTS :D

LordCyrusOmega
7th July 2011, 08:51 PM
Or at least Roller... I can understand the play-sets not being counted as they aren't sentient, but surely the Transformer they come with are. :confused:

Roller is...I'm fairly sure. I just think the Ark has enough story to be included and I can't update my count until I know for sure.

GoktimusPrime
8th July 2011, 12:19 PM
The G1 cartoon simply explained that under Megatron's rule, the Decepticons developed the art of espionate using cassette technology (how advanced!) and that the Autobots countered this later on by creating the Autobot cassettes with "Blaster as their guardian." As you know, IDW has offered an explanation for the Decepticon cassettes - some like Rumble and Frenzy volunteered to be rebuilt, others like Ratbat, not so voluntarily. ;)

In G1 it seemed that being a cassette didn't necessarily mean you had to be attached to Soundwave or Blaster. For instance, Ratbat was on Cybertron for millenia as Decepticon fuel auditor while Soundwave was "lost" on Earth. And when he eventually came to Earth and become Decepticon commander, Soundwave (as well as the other Earth-bound Decepticons) became subservient to Ratbat!

Raindance and Grandslam existed as cassettes long before they ever encountered Blaster - in fact, we ONLY saw them as cassettes in G1 (they never transformed to robot mode). Blaster actually ejected them by regurgitation which is kinda gross... :o

Sky Shadow
8th July 2011, 12:26 PM
Raindance and Grandslam existed as cassettes long before they ever encountered Blaster

And long before cassettes were invented. Like... hundreds of years before.

GoktimusPrime
8th July 2011, 02:28 PM
And long before cassettes were invented. Like... hundreds of years before.

Well before humans invented tapes. Transformers are a highly advanced civilisation who clearly have mastered the art of tape tech millenia before humans!

Turn to Side B to continue...

tinyJazz
9th July 2011, 10:15 PM
The G1 cartoon simply explained that under Megatron's rule, the Decepticons developed the art of espionate using cassette technology (how advanced!) and that the Autobots countered this later on by creating the Autobot cassettes with "Blaster as their guardian." As you know, IDW has offered an explanation for the Decepticon cassettes - some like Rumble and Frenzy volunteered to be rebuilt, others like Ratbat, not so voluntarily. ;)

In G1 it seemed that being a cassette didn't necessarily mean you had to be attached to Soundwave or Blaster. For instance, Ratbat was on Cybertron for millenia as Decepticon fuel auditor while Soundwave was "lost" on Earth. And when he eventually came to Earth and become Decepticon commander, Soundwave (as well as the other Earth-bound Decepticons) became subservient to Ratbat!

Raindance and Grandslam existed as cassettes long before they ever encountered Blaster - in fact, we ONLY saw them as cassettes in G1 (they never transformed to robot mode). Blaster actually ejected them by regurgitation which is kinda gross... :o

Eww, Blaster! :p was that in an episode or a comic?

Thanks for the explaination Gok! Makes me wonder what kind of thought processes the tapes were going through when they decided to get converted (when they had the choice!). I guess they just really really wanted to beat the other side.

Speaking of espionage, I got another question for you: If Jazz is the "Head of Special Ops"... who else is in special ops? I had a feeling that Mirage and Bumblebee might be members because their Classics Bios list them as spies. Maybe Punch aswell? :/

THANKYOU SOOOO MUCH that is awesome and it's cheaper than BBTS :D

Yay! Glad I could help! I usually only go to BBTS as a last resort because of the prices, and the shipping.

GoktimusPrime
9th July 2011, 11:08 PM
Eww, Blaster! :p was that in an episode or a comic?
US#47 (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Club_Con!)
"Blaster feels compelled to transform and protect the humans, but is quickly overwhelmed by the six Seacons. Out of necessity, he spits the cassettes back out into the water, and transforms back into his smaller form in the confusion. Armed with the information but not the cassettes themselves, Blaster leaves with Jesse and vows to return as soon as he can."

Thanks for the explaination Gok! Makes me wonder what kind of thought processes the tapes were going through when they decided to get converted (when they had the choice!). I guess they just really really wanted to beat the other side.
Transforming into a cassette tape sure beats transforming into an MP3 file! :p (unless you wanna go all Lawnmower Man ;)). The main downside to being a cassette though is when some jerk decides to yank all your tape out (http://video.adultswim.com/robot-chicken/the-sad-fate-of-soundwave.html)! :eek: (or rub you up against a strong magnet)

Speaking of espionage, I got another question for you: If Jazz is the "Head of Special Ops"... who else is in special ops? I had a feeling that Mirage and Bumblebee might be members because their Classics Bios list them as spies. Maybe Punch aswell? :/
Whoever said that Jazz was 'head' of Special Ops? Jazz's function has been listed as:
+ Special Operations Agent (1984 G1 (http://www.botchthecrab.com/archive/decoder.asp?CharName=Jazz&ImgURL=/archive/techspecs/autobot/1984/ts_jazz.jpg))
+ Special Operations / Saboteur (G1 Marvel TF Universe bio (http://www.seibertron.com/comics/universe/original/index.php?tf_id=jazz))
+ Special Operations, Saboteur (1989 Pretender (http://www.botchthecrab.com/archive/decoder.asp?CharName=Jazz%20%28Pretender%29&ImgURL=/archive/techspecs/autobot/1989/ts_jazz_%28pretender%29.jpg))
+ Special Operations (1990 Action Master (http://www.botchthecrab.com/archive/decoder.asp?CharName=Jazz&ImgURL=/archive/techspecs/autobot/action_masters/ts_jazz.jpg))
+ Special Operations Agent (1993 G2)
+ Special Operations Agent (2003 Alternator)
Reveal The Shield bios don't explicitly state functions, but considering that the toy is called "Special Ops Jazz," I'd say it's a good bet that his function might be Special Operations.

I don't recall any of his bios stating that he's the head of any special ops division for the Autobots... so I don't think he had any subordinates in that capacity. His Japanese tech specs bio (http://sig-yan.web.infoseek.co.jp/japaspe/trf/t06.html) lists Jazz's (Meister's) function as 副官 which is equivalent to a Staff Sergeant or Warrant Officer - basically acting as Optimus Prime's second in command. While that does place him in a position of authority, it's not explicitly as the head of a special operations division, but more as an officer of the Autobot forces in general - which is pretty much how the early episodes of G1 portrayed Jazz anyway.

But in the comics Jazz worked more as a special agent; at times he would might lead a team (e.g. "Man of Iron"), other times he would operate alone (e.g. "DIS-Integrated Circuits!"). But yeah, he wasn't portrayed as something like an MI6 boss or anything like that. ;)

blackoptimus
10th July 2011, 12:36 AM
Could I get an opinion please.

Should I get DOTM Starscream and Barricade Or only just get DOTM Shockwave????

Paulbot
10th July 2011, 12:51 AM
I have assumed that the plot outline for the issue said something like "shoots out the tapes" and the artist mistook what was requested and drew him spitting them. After Delbo was never the most aware artist when it comes to Transformers (see One-eared Starscream and smiley Soundwave).

Could I get an opinion please.

Should I get DOTM Starscream and Barricade Or only just get DOTM Shockwave????

Get the two Deluxes if you don't already have toys of those characters. Otherwise Shockwave is a nice figure too.

LordCyrusOmega
12th July 2011, 05:10 PM
Is DOTM Sentinel Prime being released in Legion class? My Ark needs a better pilot the roller

GoktimusPrime
12th July 2011, 08:18 PM
I doubt it. :p Besides, wasn't Sentinel Prime inside some internal chamber with the five pillars? He may have captained the Ark, but I don't think he was her pilot, was he?

Paulbot
13th July 2011, 12:07 AM
I would doubt it too. I'm not collecting the Cyberverse line but I'm pretty sure every character that has been sold as Commander class doesn't have a Legion class toy.

Aqua Prime
13th July 2011, 09:30 AM
When you do a robot count ie a census to get a gauge of the number of TF's in your collection,
Do you count gestalts as five, six or whatever the total of individual robots is or as one?

I've always counted them as individual robots and then been told I'm "bumping" my numbers up. Thoughts?

I consider Powermasters, Headmasters and Targetmasters to still count as one. Except where Piranacon is involved.

Sky Shadow
13th July 2011, 10:07 AM
When you do a robot count ie a census to get a gauge of the number of TF's in your collection,
Do you count gestalts as five, six or whatever the total of individual robots is or as one?

I've always counted them as individual robots and then been told I'm "bumping" my numbers up. Thoughts?

What sort of person would bother telling someone else they're counting their own Transformers incorrectly? Since I'm fairly sure you're talking about G1 Gestalts, it makes sense to me to count the Constructicons, Seacons and Pretender Monsters as six and the Scramble City combiners and Predacons as five. Let's face it, all of those toys were only available in Australia as individual non-gestalt robots. So by the "bumping" person's logic, if you only ever owned Scattershot, Strafe and Lightspeed, you'd only have three-fifths of a Transformer. Which is nonsense.

GoktimusPrime
13th July 2011, 01:59 PM
What sort of person would bother telling someone else they're counting their own Transformers incorrectly?
Only if you want to collate data for comparison - otherwise people can count Transformers however the hell they want. Speaking of which, it's about that time of year again. :)

Aqua Prime: Under the Universal Counting Method, which is used for comparative data analysis in the annual survey, gestalt members count separately but not the combined gestalt robot. e.g. a complete set of Constructicons count as six, not seven. If you wish to participate in the survey, then you are required to count them this way. Otherwise count them as you like. :)

1AZRAEL1
13th July 2011, 02:08 PM
Speaking of which, it's about that time of year again. :)

It is? Well good thing I will be doing that this weekend then ay? :p

kup
13th July 2011, 02:57 PM
All this talk about what happens to your collection after you die has gotten me to consider making a record of which and how many toys I have. I have not taking a count for a very long time, back when my collection was just over 100.

heroic_decepticon
13th July 2011, 03:43 PM
More and more, I'm thinking that if I'm dead it does not matter anymore. Perhaps I will make a will for it to go to somebody or go to some organisation that will sell it and give the funds to my wife.

To us, its a great personal collection, to many others, having so many items is a burden (and I think the latter is the more commonly held view).

With that being said, I've never counted my collection and am unlikely to ever count it. I think its a waste of time and adds no value to me. All I need to know is the cost price of each piece (which I do remember) so that if I sell, I don't sell at a loss. :D

LordCyrusOmega
13th July 2011, 08:51 PM
I made a spread sheet for all my toys a year go and have been adding to it ever since. I keep to counts for it. One for me and one for the UCM.

canofwhoopass_87
15th July 2011, 06:36 PM
Anyone else currently experiencing massive delays on parcels inbound from the US?

I should've received two separate Priority and Express parcels (from different sellers) well over two weeks ago, but neither the tracking or Auspost can give me any updates.

Did that Chilean ashcloud create a massive backlog of mail or am I just unlucky?

GoktimusPrime
15th July 2011, 07:42 PM
Can't say that's been a problem for me. One of the advantages of buying my toys from local brick 'n' mortar stores. :)

Paulbot
15th July 2011, 07:50 PM
I sent four parcels from the US at the start of June. Two (express) got here really quickly. Two regular parcels, sent the same time, had a gap of a few weeks between arriving.

KillinSpoon
15th July 2011, 08:51 PM
Anyone else currently experiencing massive delays on parcels inbound from the US?

I should've received two separate Priority and Express parcels (from different sellers) well over two weeks ago, but neither the tracking or Auspost can give me any updates.

Did that Chilean ashcloud create a massive backlog of mail or am I just unlucky?

It took my botcon stuff ages to get here. I thought that they must have been stuck in customs, but they weren't... Just took forever!

swoop
15th July 2011, 09:12 PM
I'm still waiting on my botcon stuff to arrive. They left the states on the 30th of june and tracking hasn't been updated since then:(

Krayt
15th July 2011, 11:51 PM
my TFCC exclusives took 8 days in the air, and 2 days with auspost.... used that to calculate Botcon from ?Funpub, but it's been 13 days and still not at customs :-(

stupid thing.... Jays got "sorted" 10 hours after mine, and he got his like 3 days ago :-(

canofwhoopass_87
16th July 2011, 03:02 AM
I'm still waiting on my botcon stuff to arrive. They left the states on the 30th of june and tracking hasn't been updated since then:(

Exact same boat as you, except both my parcels were "Processed through the sorting facility" on the 1st of July. No tracking updates since then - pretty annoyed and frustrated. Paid a heap of money for them too :(

I've had so much trouble with USPS Priority and Express shipping services in the past. Funny because I absolutely love their el cheapo standard airmail service; it's been so reliable over the years.

Thanks for sharing your recent USPS experiences guys; really does make me feel a bit more relieved knowing it's not just me being hit. The massive delays could be due to an extensive backlog of mail - built up over the 4th of July holiday period in the US perhaps?

Krayt
16th July 2011, 11:23 AM
More possible is the Canadian postal strike.... according to the seller i got some stuff off, which still is waiting as well, canadapost is being given priority everywhere....

so maybe customs is working on plane loads from canada not america, but its a longshot to just ignore one over the other

canofwhoopass_87
18th July 2011, 10:06 PM
Hmm after doing a bit of reading I'd say it could be a combination of the ash cloud, the Canadian postal strike and the US early July holiday period causing these delays...

except my gf just got some lotion she ordered on ebay from the U.S... it was sent First Class Airmail and only took 10 days to arrive.

Feel like giving up on my parcels. Fully trackable express mail my ass.

King Atlas
19th July 2011, 06:33 PM
Is there a Knock-off Henkei Mirage? (not collecting, avoiding)

Hursticon
19th July 2011, 07:22 PM
Is there a Knock-off Henkei Mirage? (not collecting, avoiding)

I think I remember hearing something about there being one...
Are either of these (http://www.kotoys.com/forum/index.php?topic=1110.0) what you were thinking of?

Ode to a Grasshopper
19th July 2011, 09:00 PM
Does anyone know when the Prime toys are heading to Japan? If it's December for the US it'll probably be a while huh?:(

gantz
20th July 2011, 01:26 PM
So when are we meant to be seeing images of the new DOTM deluxes etc?

Or any new figures for that matter :(

griffin
20th July 2011, 01:35 PM
There was meant to be a big reveal by Hasbro on June 29th, but didn't happen. Their SDCC presentation is in a couple days time, so expect to see a heap of new product there (hopefully).

Paulbot
28th July 2011, 10:05 AM
Is there a thread where the section moderators are listed. I wanted to rename my sale thread but couldn't find who moderates the sales section. :o

1AZRAEL1
28th July 2011, 10:15 AM
Is there a thread where the section moderators are listed. I wanted to rename my sale thread but couldn't find who moderates the sales section. :o

Not sure who moderates the Sales section, but I found a post in the userguide (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=215&postcount=3) that has a listing of the mods :)

Paulbot
28th July 2011, 10:41 AM
That's the post I was looking for! (I actually looked at that thread first but somehow managed to scroll right past that particular post :o)

griffin
28th July 2011, 01:07 PM
If there are any in a particular section, they will be listed at the bottom of that section's table, in the 'Display Options' box. The sales section doesn't have any section mods, only global mods, to minimise the number of people who may be tempted to edit a sale for an item they are interested in.

Tober
28th July 2011, 05:53 PM
I'm sure this was asked recently but I can't find the answer.

Is there a release schedule for the TF: Prime toys?

I think wave 2 was next year, wave 1 later this year..?

griffin
28th July 2011, 08:38 PM
I'm sure this was asked recently but I can't find the answer.

Is there a release schedule for the TF: Prime toys?

I think wave 2 was next year, wave 1 later this year..?

The non-movie checklist (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=10314) included all the Prime toy info revealed at BotCon... and will be updated when I get the chance to go through all the SDCC news postings.

December is when they had listed as Wave 1, but I'm thinking it might be brought forward a couple months if the Movie line drops off quickly. Wave 2 would be within a month or two, as the first wave was only small (3 Deluxes, a 2-pack, & a roleplay weapon).

niko_milo
28th July 2011, 08:47 PM
which tf animated toy is worth getting out of blackout or lugnut

Gutsman Heavy
28th July 2011, 09:53 PM
Tough call, Lugnut is Lugnut, but Blackout looks like the diabeetus guy...

Tober
29th July 2011, 03:15 AM
The non-movie checklist (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=10314) included all the Prime toy info revealed at BotCon... and will be updated when I get the chance to go through all the SDCC news postings.

December is when they had listed as Wave 1, but I'm thinking it might be brought forward a couple months if the Movie line drops off quickly. Wave 2 would be within a month or two, as the first wave was only small (3 Deluxes, a 2-pack, & a roleplay weapon).

Thanks. :)

Sky Shadow
29th July 2011, 02:02 PM

That's like asking if you would rather have a pair of socks or a yellow dwarf sun. We need our sun. Without it, the Earth would fly out of its orbit, we would lose our gravity and die! Would you want us all to die, niko_milo? Just for a pair of socks? I think not.

I rest my case.

(Lugnut.)

Demonac
29th July 2011, 04:18 PM
we would lose our gravity

Please explain. :P

Aqua Prime
30th July 2011, 09:55 AM
Besides ebay and being lucky enough to get in first on member's sales. Where do you guys get all your boxed G1 figures? Especially for those that collect the Japanese versions? And is there any precautions you practice to avoid accidentally purchasing knock offs?

Aqua Prime
1st August 2011, 11:28 AM
Having just recently bought the RiD/ Car Robots Ruination/ Bruticus I saw that both Blastoff and Vortex have ball joints on the shoulders (Which I didn't know they had and assumed they were remolded). Having a look at the G1 I noticed they also have ball joints. This being a suprise as I didn't know/ think G1's had ball joints. Were there any other G1's that had/ have ball joints?

ike_ike
1st August 2011, 11:57 AM
how often do legends go on sale? i remember the last few waves of rotf (jolt, arcee, override[?]) were all selling for ~$3 at one point, but sales seem to be only deluxes and above these days. i kind of want to nab all three wreckers at sale prices, but not sure if they'll still be there if i hold out.

also, what do you suppose the likelihood of a weaponised topspin legion is?

Gutsman Heavy
1st August 2011, 01:15 PM
Having just recently bought the RiD/ Car Robots Ruination/ Bruticus I saw that both Blastoff and Vortex have ball joints on the shoulders (Which I didn't know they had and assumed they were remolded). Having a look at the G1 I noticed they also have ball joints. This being a suprise as I didn't know/ think G1's had ball joints. Were there any other G1's that had/ have ball joints?

Astrotrain

jazzcomp
1st August 2011, 02:09 PM
which movie toy line would you consider the best if available in all 3?
TF Movie 1, ROTF or DOTM?

you can add details like in deluxe, leaders, scouts, legends comparison. :)

UltraMarginal
1st August 2011, 02:14 PM

That's like asking if you would rather have a pair of socks or a yellow dwarf sun. We need our sun. Without it, the Earth would fly out of its orbit, we would lose our gravity and die! Would you want us all to die, niko_milo? Just for a pair of socks? I think not.

I rest my case.

(Lugnut.)
i'm glad you made that clear for the rest of us:p
I only have a lugnut, I'm going to get a blackout. when I do I can give you my opinion. I do really like the Lugnut though. nice engineering and looks good in both modes. the hands are a bit disappointing but they are OK.

I think I read somewhere that Blastoff and Vortex were the first G1 toys to utilise ball joints. cool huh.

Tetsuwan Convoy
1st August 2011, 02:35 PM

Chopshop does on his insect legs IIRC.

Sky Shadow
1st August 2011, 03:12 PM

I think I read somewhere that Blastoff and Vortex were the first G1 toys to utilise ball joints. cool huh.

Actually, 1984 Optimus Prime's trailer was the first to have a ball joint (the crane arm), followed in 1985 by Astrotrain, Venom, Ransack, Chop Shop, Barrage and Whirl. (Blast-Off and Vortex were part of the next wave of ball joints after that.) :)

Aqua Prime
1st August 2011, 05:16 PM
Actually, 1984 Optimus Prime's trailer was the first to have a ball joint (the crane arm), followed in 1985 by Astrotrain, Venom, Ransack, Chop Shop, Barrage and Whirl. (Blast-Off and Vortex were part of the next wave of ball joints after that.) :)

Thanks guys, having only owned 1 of the above figures (reissue Astrotrain) which I don't remember seeing balljoints on this is a suprise, as I always assumed balljoints were introduced as part of the Beast Wars line.

If Blast Off and Vortex had ball joints was there a reason it didn't get transferred across to Swindle and Brawl? Why did they stop at 1986?

UltraMarginal
2nd August 2011, 11:39 AM

cool, actually now I'm thinking I read that astrotrain was the first. but then you mentioned primes trailer, I think we have a winner.

Thanks guys, having only owned 1 of the above figures (reissue Astrotrain) which I don't remember seeing balljoints on this is a suprise, as I always assumed balljoints were introduced as part of the Beast Wars line.

If Blast Off and Vortex had ball joints was there a reason it didn't get transferred across to Swindle and Brawl? Why did they stop at 1986?

That is a good question to which I say "to the wiki (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Special:Search?search=ball+joints)"
but this time it doesn't help directly.

UltraMarginal
2nd August 2011, 11:43 AM
I have another question, as some of you may have noticed in my wants list (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=11658&highlight=list) I am on the hunt for a whole bunch of Animated figures at the moment.

I have been checking them out on eBay and there are quite a lot of Japanese release figures that are as cheap or cheaper than their Hasbro counterparts.

Does anyone know if the sound effect/voice boxes on the leader figures are in English or Japanese on the Japanese release Leaders. it makes sense to me that they woiuld be Japanese but I want to clarify before I get dissapointed.

Paulbot
2nd August 2011, 12:10 PM

In most of the G1 cases the ball joint was only there to enable a particular transformation rather. Guess they came up with other, more brick like transformations for the rest of G1.

Ball joints for the sake of poseability rather than transformation made their return in the G2 toys not Beast Wars. See the Cyberjets for instance.

KaRNiV8L PRiME
2nd August 2011, 01:33 PM
Why does the repaint of Icepick in the Human Alliance 2 pk with Sideswipe have the Autobot Alliance Logo on him?? The bio suggests that he is still a decepticon?

Decepticon
2nd August 2011, 01:50 PM
Why does the repaint of Icepick in the Human Alliance 2 pk with Sideswipe have the Autobot Alliance Logo on him?? The bio suggests that he is still a decepticon?

Been wondering that myself. I have both Icepicks now and need to give one of them a new name. Any suggestions on what either 'Icepick' could be renamed?

UltraMarginal
2nd August 2011, 02:20 PM
Been wondering that myself. I have both Icepicks now and need to give one of them a new name. Any suggestions on what either 'Icepick' could be renamed?

I noticed this the other day too, a bit odd, but here are a couple suggestions.
Crampon?
adze?

or something a little less technical, snowshovel, Stalegmite, frostbite...

actually I like FrostBite

Gutsman Heavy
3rd August 2011, 01:35 PM
Chainclaw!

UltraMarginal
3rd August 2011, 02:47 PM
Chainclaw!

Thats a good one.

Aqua Prime
6th August 2011, 10:18 AM
Does anyone know any links or guides to making DIY Transformers box insert bubbles? I'd love to knock up a couple for some of my TF's to be used STRICTLY as personal display only.

blackoptimus
6th August 2011, 12:32 PM
Can someone please help me. In the picture is a Generations Deluxe Class Darkmount and as shown the in photo beneath the red shoulder is a spilt hinge. Is this the same with all of them? Or is mine actually broken, because on the opposing side it's fine and has no splits or cracks.

heroic_decepticon
6th August 2011, 01:38 PM
Does anyone know any links or guides to making DIY Transformers box insert bubbles? I'd love to knock up a couple for some of my TF's to be used STRICTLY as personal display only.

http://www.bubbleformer.com/

This guy has been doing it for years. Great guy too.

kaiden
6th August 2011, 09:42 PM
Can someone please help me. In the picture is a Generations Deluxe Class Darkmount and as shown the in photo beneath the red shoulder is a spilt hinge. Is this the same with all of them? Or is mine actually broken, because on the opposing side it's fine and has no splits or cracks.

yours is broken. mine has no splits/cracks in either shoulder area

blackoptimus
6th August 2011, 10:33 PM
Hasbro's QC issues. Dang, now I gotta go out and exchange him. :(

yours is broken. mine has no splits/cracks in either shoulder area

Skullcruncher
7th August 2011, 09:40 AM
Does anyone have any good website references of the history of minispies before they were incorporated with g1 transformers? Thanks

griffin
7th August 2011, 10:51 AM
Does anyone have any good website references of the history of minispies before they were incorporated with g1 transformers? Thanks

There's not really much known about them before they were Transformers. And just finding out that they weren't new to Transformers was news to me.

The best info I could find out about them, as to where they were from originally, was this review here (http://transformingseminarian.blogspot.com/2009/05/weekly-transformers-feature-mini-spies.html).

It mentions that they were from a line called Mecha Warrior, and released in red and blue (hasbro did blue, yellow and white).
I couldn't find anything online about that line though... so info on when and how they were released is still a mystery.
Even the tfwiki (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Pre-Transformer) has no info on them, and that's usually a good place to start.
Other (http://1501bc.com/pretf/toylines.html) dedicated pre-TFs (http://www.oocities.org/futuristgroup/vdiaclone.html) sites had nothing as well. And since it is so long ago, it's unlikely anyone at Hasbro would know anymore.

blackoptimus
7th August 2011, 09:09 PM
Can Transformers Vault the book be bought at Aussie retail? If so, how much is it?

KillinSpoon
7th August 2011, 09:16 PM
Can Transformers Vault the book be bought at Aussie retail? If so, how much is it?

Yes and it was ~$30 during the toy sales at KMart (iirc, haven't really looked for it since...)

kaiden
7th August 2011, 09:18 PM

$29 at target, though i havent seen one there for a while.

Skullcruncher
7th August 2011, 09:40 PM
There's not really much known about them before they were Transformers. And just finding out that they weren't new to Transformers was news to me.

The best info I could find out about them, as to where they were from originally, was this review here (http://transformingseminarian.blogspot.com/2009/05/weekly-transformers-feature-mini-spies.html).

It mentions that they were from a line called Mecha Warrior, and released in red and blue (hasbro did blue, yellow and white).
I couldn't find anything online about that line though... so info on when and how they were released is still a mystery.
Even the tfwiki (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Pre-Transformer) has no info on them, and that's usually a good place to start.
Other (http://1501bc.com/pretf/toylines.html) dedicated pre-TFs (http://www.oocities.org/futuristgroup/vdiaclone.html) sites had nothing as well. And since it is so long ago, it's unlikely anyone at Hasbro would know anymore.

Thanks Griffin, interesting thats theres not much out there but not surprising. Will keep looking and see if I can dig anything up.

Sky Shadow
7th August 2011, 10:38 PM
Thanks Griffin, interesting thats theres not much out there but not surprising. Will keep looking and see if I can dig anything up.

http://www.munnen.nl/transformers/mecha_warrior_mini_spy.htm

Sky Shadow
7th August 2011, 11:09 PM
http://www.munnen.nl/transformers/mecha_warrior_mini_spy.htm

From Fred and Devvi:
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/3664/minispy.png
http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/6788/minispy2.jpg

And a couple of other pics:
http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/7070/pretransformersminispym.jpg
http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/8007/takarapreminispy001.jpg

heroic_decepticon
8th August 2011, 03:05 AM
Anybody know how rare this is? I saw it at a shop today (more details here (http://heroicdecepticon.blogspot.com/2011/08/hk-market-watch-luck-draw-gold-mp-01.html)).

MP-01: Convoy, gold luck draw version from 2004. Was told there were only 20 pcs in the world???

http://inlinethumb27.webshots.com/17114/2129209640100811158S600x600Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2129209640100811158pUKMdJ)

UltraMarginal
8th August 2011, 07:23 AM

there are still a few at target Chatswood.I can pick one up for you but postage will be a killer.

Skullcruncher
8th August 2011, 02:27 PM
From Fred and Devvi:
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/3664/minispy.png
http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/6788/minispy2.jpg

And a couple of other pics:
http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/7070/pretransformersminispym.jpg
http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/8007/takarapreminispy001.jpg

600 Yen! Sweet, is that yours in the last photo SS? Their boxes looks pretty cool Thanks for the info.

LordCyrusOmega
8th August 2011, 10:23 PM
How much of a problem is 'Gold Plastic Syndrome' for Beast Wars Torca? Was having a read about GPS on TFWiki and it stated Torca as having this problem and that scares me. Waited years to get him and now want to be able to play with him without him shattering.

Gutsman Heavy
9th August 2011, 01:50 PM
My Torca (which as since been sold :() was fine, Had him, 2 years ago I thinks...

Paulbot
9th August 2011, 11:15 PM
I'm looking forward to rereading All Hail Megatron in one go now that I've got the Hardcover collection. One thing I noticed is that the blood-coated shoe and phone from the preview, that were censored in issue one, are back! Was this in the previous collected editions of AHM?

griffin
10th August 2011, 12:39 AM
I seem to recall that the blood was in the TPB. I think the single issue comic was the only version without it.

UltraMarginal
10th August 2011, 09:35 AM
I'm looking forward to rereading All Hail Megatron in one go now that I've got the Hardcover collection. One thing I noticed is that the blood-coated shoe and phone from the preview, that were censored in issue one, are back! Was this in the previous collected editions of AHM?

You've made me curious now, I'm going to have to dig out my trade and have a look.

griffin
10th August 2011, 11:18 AM
I just had a look, and there's indeed blood in the Vol 1 TPB.

Paulbot
10th August 2011, 11:53 AM
Interesting. I wonder what made them change their mind.

griffin
10th August 2011, 12:53 PM
Perhaps they expect younger readers are more likely to be buying the individual issues than the TPBs... so have to be more censored. Or they just didn't want bad press over the blood in the comic, and it wouldn't be of interest to media months later when the TPB is released.

blackoptimus
11th August 2011, 04:28 PM
Is Fansproject Blesser still available? I e-mailed Fansproject and they never replied :(

snaketales
11th August 2011, 06:14 PM
Is Fansproject Blesser still available? I e-mailed Fansproject and they never replied :(

I'd say no. There was a limited release for it, I think to the first 2000 or so people who made a donation to Red Cross after the Japan earthquakes.

Your best bet would be online stores or ebay.

jazzcomp
15th August 2011, 10:35 AM
Does G1 onslaught ramp turn into bruticus' shield?
The one I have doesn't have a peg and it doesn't seem to be broken off.

But the ruination shield has a peg.

Confused?

liegeprime
15th August 2011, 10:44 AM
Does G1 onslaught ramp turn into bruticus' shield?
The one I have doesn't have a peg and it doesn't seem to be broken off.

But the ruination shield has a peg.

Confused?

Nope, the g1 version didn't have the peg, later reuse of the mold for other series have added the peg to be used like a shield. In G1, the ramp was just that, a ramp, for use when transforming Onslaught as an addon platform mode to Trypticon in city mode.

Gouki
16th August 2011, 09:15 AM
Does the Japanese release of ROTF voyager Bludgeon have sturdier plastic for it's swords than the Western release?

Is the Galaxy Force Vector Prime (the Takara one, not the hideous recolour) worth tracking down? I really do like the mould I just hate the flimsy plastic, and where would be the best place to try?

Kalixis
16th August 2011, 08:21 PM
Is the Galaxy Force Vector Prime (the Takara one, not the hideous recolour) worth tracking down? I really do like the mould I just hate the flimsy plastic, and where would be the best place to try?

From what I've *read* (haven't had one in person) at least the clear blue plastic is firmer on the Takara.

As for where to find, spotted a few on ebay - http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140587932250 being one of them. ~$40 shipped.

blackoptimus
16th August 2011, 10:53 PM
Generations Kup: Hey guys, is this figure supposed to have a slightly warped back pack? On mine it's not 100% straight, it's kinda warped a tiny bit.

Lint
16th August 2011, 10:56 PM

Yes if you don't mind the pearly (some say dirty) grey plastic Takara uses instead of the Hasbro bright white. The wings are hard clear plastic and have a maroon rim around them. It looks and feels AMAZING compared to the Hasbro wings :p

Fastest and cheapest bet would be to track down a Korean version of the Takara toy like Kalixis linked on ebay. Finding one in the Japanese Galaxy Force packaging at a reasonable price would be more challenging (but not impossible ;)).

LordCyrusOmega
18th August 2011, 06:22 AM
Generations Kup: Hey guys, is this figure supposed to have a slightly warped back pack? On mine it's not 100% straight, it's kinda warped a tiny bit.

I haven't noticed anything like that on mine. Though considering Hasbro QC lately iy doesn't surprise me.

liegeprime
18th August 2011, 08:23 AM

nope don't notice something like that on my figure... got any pics?

Aqua Prime
20th August 2011, 10:58 AM
Will Australia be getting 25th Anniversary Unicron? Has he been confirmed yet?

Hursticon
20th August 2011, 11:00 AM
Will Australia be getting 25th Anniversary Unicron? Has he been confirmed yet?

I would very much like to hope so, Canada is getting it as a Costco Exclusive - So here's hoping that the local mob will do something similar! :o

LordCyrusOmega
20th August 2011, 05:25 PM
For all the BW fans out there. What is a good basic Maximal TM2 and an Ultra Predacon TM2. Is TM2 Cybershark an Ultra? Either way I need a Predacon TM2 to go up against Cybershark.

Am I making sense? Too much work and not enough sleep.

Sky Shadow
20th August 2011, 05:38 PM
For all the BW fans out there. What is a good basic Maximal TM2 and an Ultra Predacon TM2. Is TM2 Cybershark an Ultra? Either way I need a Predacon TM2 to go up against Cybershark.

TM2 Cybershark is a Mega. The only other Mega Transmetal 2 is Blackarachnia, who has a transforming Maximal/Predacon spark crystal.

A good Basic Maximal Transmetal 2: Spittor.
A good Ultra Predacon Transmetal 2: Megatron.

Hursticon
20th August 2011, 10:27 PM
The only thing I could add to Sky Shadow's post is... Optimus Minor! :D

Firestorm
23rd August 2011, 01:43 AM

TM2 Cybershark is a Mega. The only other Mega Transmetal 2 is Blackarachnia, who has a transforming Maximal/Predacon spark crystal.

A good Basic Maximal Transmetal 2: Spittor.
A good Ultra Predacon Transmetal 2: Megatron.

Isnt Spittor a Predacon?
The only 2 TM2 Maximals i have are OpMinor and Stinkbomb, out of those two i'd go with Minor

Good Ultra TM2 Pred, well Megs was the only TM2 pred to be bigger than a deluxe, unless one counts Blackarachnia's side changing gimmick

Sky Shadow
23rd August 2011, 07:42 AM
Isnt Spittor a Predacon?

Oh crud - yes he is - for some reason I thought he was the same allegiance as Diver. In that case, Night Glider is my favourite Maximal Basic TM2.

LordCyrusOmega
23rd August 2011, 10:03 AM
Thanks guys. I've got Megatron, Tigerhawk, Cybershark, Spittor, Scarem, Dinobot and Cheetor in TM2. I'm planning on getting all the ones who appeared in the series which just leaves Optimus and Blackarachnia. Also have Optimus Minor on hold with Verno.
Want to balance my collection out but doesn't seem like it's going to happen if no Mega Predacons. So; Nightglider or Stinkbomb?

rampagesss
23rd August 2011, 04:58 PM
Anybody know how rare this is? I saw it at a shop today (more details here (http://heroicdecepticon.blogspot.com/2011/08/hk-market-watch-luck-draw-gold-mp-01.html)).

MP-01: Convoy, gold luck draw version from 2004. Was told there were only 20 pcs in the world???

http://inlinethumb27.webshots.com/17114/2129209640100811158S600x600Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2129209640100811158pUKMdJ)

From TFwiki
Convoy (Lucky Draw figure, 2004)
Japanese ID number: MP-1
Accessories: Ion blaster, Autobot Matrix of Leadership, gun-mode Megatron, Megatron's scope, stock and silencer, energon-axe, cardboard trailer

Offered as part of a Lucky Draw campaign in August 2004, this extremely rare version of Masterpiece Convoy is almost entirely vacuum-metalized gold, lacking any other painted detail or stickers. The parts which are not viable are molded in a flat golden plastic; the only exceptions are his rubber tires, the core of his Matrix and his energon-axe, which remain black, blue and orange, respectively. Whether or not the figure was intended to evoke Prime's entirely-golden appearance in the cartoon episode "The Golden Lagoon", when he was coated with electrum, is unknown; given that entirely chroming a figure gold is a fairly standard deco for Lucky Draw figures, it may just be happy coincidence more than anything else.

The figure comes packaged in the standard Masterpiece Convoy box, with the only telltale sign of its fabled contents being the replacement of the traditionally silver foil lettering on the box with gold. It's not clear how many were made, but it is thought to be no more than 10 or 20.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Optimus_Prime_%28G1%29/toys

Are you going to buy it :D

Autocon
24th August 2011, 08:48 PM
Thanks guys. I've got Megatron, Tigerhawk, Cybershark, Spittor, Scarem, Dinobot and Cheetor in TM2. I'm planning on getting all the ones who appeared in the series which just leaves Optimus and Blackarachnia. Also have Optimus Minor on hold with Verno.
Want to balance my collection out but doesn't seem like it's going to happen if no Mega Predacons. So; Nightglider or Stinkbomb?

NG comes with a sword
SB has no weapon apart from his tail whip

Theres also sonar but it is a bit strange

Why not both?

LordCyrusOmega
24th August 2011, 11:23 PM
I just want them for balance. I have 2 TM2 basic predacons so need 2 TM2 basic Maximals. Have Optimus Minor on hold and need ideas for a second.

Paulbot
24th August 2011, 11:38 PM
Go Nightglider. The sword makes him the better choice. Personally I'd swap Optimus Minor for Stinkbomb (but am in general biased towards those two from their reuse on RID).

swoop
25th August 2011, 09:38 PM
How many yellow discs did beast wars depth charge come with?

griffin
25th August 2011, 11:56 PM
Six (http://www.tfu.info/1998/Maximal/DepthCharge/depthcharge.htm)

Aqua Prime
26th August 2011, 01:46 AM
How many yellow discs did beast wars depth charge come with?

Six (http://www.tfu.info/1998/Maximal/DepthCharge/depthcharge.htm)

Don't want to step on the might griffin's shoes... the website says 5, griff says 6, mine has 7. I conveniently had him out a few minutes ago.

griffin
26th August 2011, 02:27 AM
I cant believe I did that... Ooops.
The site says 5, and for some reason I wrote six.
(Lucky I put in the link for people to double-check)

Now I have to go check my toy to see what it really is.

As with Aqua Prime - mine has 7 as well.... so don't believe TFU on this occasion.

Decepticon
27th August 2011, 09:21 PM
Can someone answer me this? Are Jetstorm and Stormjet totally different characters? I am after a RID Stormjet on ebay (are these deluxe sizes?). Are the Energon Stormjets better than the RID versions?

Paulbot
27th August 2011, 09:57 PM
Beast Machines Jetstorm and RID Storm Jet are different characters (one a Con, the other a Bot). RID Storm Jet is a Deluxe figure and a repaint of the Beast Machines deluxe toy.

Energon Storm Jet is a different toy/character again, the main body of the Superion Combiner and is, IMO, not as good a toy.

janda the red
29th August 2011, 12:55 PM
i've been collecting DOTM stuff lately, got all the aust release deluxes, just bought the exclusive american ones and have been looking at getting the exclusive japanese deluxes.

why are the jap release toys sooooo expensive compared to their o/seas counterparts?

admittedly i've been buying from ebay.... but can anyone point me in the direction of them at a reasnoble price? or do i have to just suck it up... and pay $50 - $60 each for them. :o lol

any advice would be much appreciated

janda :)

Paulbot
29th August 2011, 01:00 PM
why are the jap release toys sooooo expensive compared to their o/seas counterparts?
Those extra paint apps and details and shiny paint that collectors want? That's why.

admittedly i've been buying from ebay.... but can anyone point me in the direction of them at a reasnoble price? or do i have to just suck it up... and pay $50 - $60 each for them. :o lol

Try places like FantoFan.jp HLJ.com or Robotkingdom. Getting in on preorders and group orders might help you save a little bit too, but in general you're not going to get anything from Japan at the same price as a Hasbro toy locally.

janda the red
29th August 2011, 01:04 PM
thanks paul.... i'll give them a look after work. ( damn shiny paint... :p lol )

janda :)

Skullcruncher
30th August 2011, 08:32 PM
Is there any difference between Overlords and Metroplex's small black missiles? They appear the same on TFU....:confused:

Aqua Prime
30th August 2011, 09:31 PM
Does G1 Optimus Prime have copyright stampings on the cab, or is it just the trailer?

canofwhoopass_87
1st September 2011, 11:50 AM
Is there any difference between Overlords and Metroplex's small black missiles? They appear the same on TFU....:confused:

I don't have an Overlord, but I'm positive they have the same black missiles

Sky Shadow
1st September 2011, 01:52 PM
I don't have an Overlord, but I'm positive they have the same black missiles

Really? That's useful to know - there are often otherwise-complete-Overlords-except-for-the-missiles on eBay.

heretic2010
2nd September 2011, 12:31 AM

They look the same, but they're not. There's a tiny bit of difference between the 2. 4217

heretic2010
2nd September 2011, 12:59 AM
Does G1 Optimus Prime have copyright stampings on the cab, or is it just the trailer?

There is no copyright stampings on the cab, its only on the trailer, but I might be wrong on that.

jena
4th September 2011, 06:07 PM
I'm new to the TF comics/graphic novels, other than the few I read as a kid (and I have no idea which they were as they belonged to a friend). I've read Last Stand of the Wreckers and I'm just wondering where to go from here? What is the best series to read first and where can I buy copies from? I bought the Bumblebee one Target have because it was only $7.88 but I'm assuming I need some backstory? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Hursticon
4th September 2011, 06:18 PM
I'm new to the TF comics/graphic novels, other than the few I read as a kid (and I have no idea which they were as they belonged to a friend). I've read Last Stand of the Wreckers and I'm just wondering where to go from here? What is the best series to read first and where can I buy copies from? I bought the Bumblebee one Target have because it was only $7.88 but I'm assuming I need some backstory? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

A lot of people will recommend the original G1 Marvel series, as they are very much a bible of sorts to G1 but also because the writing is incredibly good. ;):cool:
You'd be in luck with these, as IDW has announced that they will be reprinting the entire G1 run - I just don't know when these will be available for purchase. :o

I'm currently reading through them myself, up to the 3rd out of 4 Headmaster Comics, and I can vouch for their awesomeness but I chose a slightly expensive route with these (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Titan_Books) as I've been collecting the Titan Books G1 Marvel Reprints (Hardcover), as up until now they were the best reprints you could get - Short of getting the original comics themselves. :D

I hope this gives you an idea at least Jena. :)

Arcee
4th September 2011, 06:22 PM
Same query here...I do random readings and enjoy whatever I've read so far (Last Stand of the Wreckers, all the Spotlight, some of the UK collections, some of original Marvel) but they are all bits and pieces everywhere not necessarily linked (and sometimes even conflict) with each other.

I'm considering following the ongoing issues now but wondering if there's any series preceding this that need to be picked up as background reference? (e.g Armada or others, what's their connection with the ongoing?)

Arcee
4th September 2011, 06:32 PM
A lot of people will recommend the original G1 Marvel series, as they are very much a bible of sorts to G1 but also because the writing is incredibly good. ;):cool:
You'd be in luck with these, as IDW has announced that they will be reprinting the entire G1 run - I just don't know when these will be available for purchase. :o

I'm currently reading through them myself, up to the 3rd out of 4 Headmaster Comics, and I can vouch for their awesomeness but I chose a slightly expensive route with these (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Titan_Books) as I've been collecting the Titan Books G1 Marvel Reprints (Hardcover), as up until now they were the best reprints you could get - Short of getting the original comics themselves. :D

IDW's reprint of orginal G1 Volume 1 (complete issue #1-13 including issue #3) is already on market (at least I've already got a copy from my local comic store).

I've got no idea when Vol.2 is out though, Amazon pre-order says it's January 2012. However I wouldn't rely much on that as it also says Vol.1 is out September 2011 but I've got mine two weeks ago.

Arcee
4th September 2011, 06:41 PM
Jena, I would also recommend Drift. It's a standalone story, you don't need much background knowledge (you don't even need to know Optimus Prime to read this one; but seems like you do need to know who is Megatron) but it's a very good storyline with outstanding artwork.

I read the comic and it made me break an extra $40 on his Takara toy. But I reckon both are a good buy.

Hursticon
4th September 2011, 06:53 PM
IDW's reprint of orginal G1 Volume 1 (complete issue #1-13 including issue #3) is already on market (at least I've already got a copy from my local comic store).

I've got no idea when Vol.2 is out though, Amazon pre-order says it's January 2012. However I wouldn't rely much on that as it also says Vol.1 is out September 2011 but I've got mine two weeks ago.

Cheers for the clarification Arcee on the dates of the new reprints, I wasn't aware that the first volume was already out! :eek:
With that being said; How would you rate it?, how many issues are contained within each volume and does it contain any bonus material of sorts?

I ask out of curiosity but I've no intention of getting them, as I'm already way too far down the rabbit hole with the Titan ones, I'm only 1 book away from having the entire US run in Hardback! :D
(A pity the UK run was only ever done in paperback format with Titan :o)

jena
4th September 2011, 07:19 PM
Thanks guys. Arcee, do you have amazon links? Or pictures of the covers so I know what I'm looking for.

heroic_decepticon
4th September 2011, 07:22 PM

I agree with Hursticon. Although I have to say that the mythos is getting so big now that you are better off reading particular story acrs that you like and then try to piece it together in your mind.

Don't try to find cohesion or a definite chronology, because to be honest, there is very little of that even during the G1 years.

Also, most of Marvel G1 (USA) is very geared toward marketing the toys and so its not the type of TF story that you'd be familiar with or see from IDW now (not that they are not good stories).

That's why I think its very difficult or even daunting to say, start from US Marvel, then UK Marvel, then Dreamwave, etc... chances are you'd lose steam partway through US Marvel (unless you have Hursti's tenacity!).

For me, I read all these when I was a kid, so its very dear to me. Not sure what a person who's never seen these before will think...

Same query here...I do random readings and enjoy whatever I've read so far (Last Stand of the Wreckers, all the Spotlight, some of the UK collections, some of original Marvel) but they are all bits and pieces everywhere not necessarily linked (and sometimes even conflict) with each other.

I'm considering following the ongoing issues now but wondering if there's any series preceding this that need to be picked up as background reference? (e.g Armada or others, what's their connection with the ongoing?)

Like I said above, better to go for the story arcs you like and then try to piece it together in your head.

It's just too daunting (and perhaps not everyone's cup of tea) to read 300+ issues just to even get to Dreamwave.

Oh, ongoing is pretty pathetic (to me), so don't expect it to give you any sort of background (they are more like shaping their own continuity than anything).

Arcee
4th September 2011, 07:30 PM
Cheers for the clarification Arcee on the dates of the new reprints, I wasn't aware that the first volume was already out! :eek:
With that being said; How would you rate it?, how many issues are contained within each volume and does it contain any bonus material of sorts?

I ask out of curiosity but I've no intention of getting them, as I'm already way too far down the rabbit hole with the Titan ones, I'm only 1 book away from having the entire US run in Hardback! :D
(A pity the UK run was only ever done in paperback format with Titan :o)

Here is the link to the reprint Vol.1 (http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Classics-TP-Bob-Budiansky/dp/1600109357/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1315127853&sr=8-2) and Vol.2 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/161377091X/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER) on Amazon.

I haven't read it yet (I'm watching the G1 cartoon atm and thought I should always read the "script" after watching it on screen). Flipped through a few pages though. It's a thick paperback, I'd say quite good quality. The paper is not the same as The Last Stand of the Wreckers where you get the really smooth and reflective paper (don't know the terminology for it) but it's nonetheless quite solid. Art style and letters look quite different to current comics but I'm guessing that's just the classic way it is.

Altogether 13 issues in Vol.1, no extra whatsoever unfortunately...I don't know how many will be in the 2nd volume. Looks like there will be about 6 volumes to cover the entire Marvel G1.

Apparently IDW has reprinted a set of 6 volumes for the Marvel G1 before but due to copyright over the Spiderman and others a few issues were left out (#3, 9, 14? can't remember) But the new reprint this time has complete #3 in it, so I'm assuming the issue's resolved with Marvel.

Paulbot
4th September 2011, 07:45 PM
This thread might help you out a bit too (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=3256) with picking some comics to read.

In addition to the reprinting of the US comics, IDW is also reprinting all the UK comics (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=11108), but the better UK stories (in terms of art and plot) will appear from Vol 2 onwards.

Or you could wait until the Chaos story starts and the two new ongoing series start after issue "#125", but there's little detail about those two books. I think one is going to be set in the early days of the war, but there's no confirmation yet.

blackoptimus
4th September 2011, 10:41 PM
Has anybody seen or knows where to find a 2010 Takara Unicron for under $200 shipped? I hate people who buy exclusive figures and they keep then for a year then sell them for double. Please let me know if you guys see or come across it. Cheers.

KillinSpoon
4th September 2011, 11:21 PM
Has anybody seen or knows where to find a 2010 Takara Unicron for under $200 shipped? I hate people who buy exclusive figures and they keep then for a year then sell them for double. Please let me know if you guys see or come across it. Cheers.

Heh, I had no idea they're risen so much... I grabbed a case of them at the start of the year for a little more than that :/ (I'd hook you up with the other one, but it is a present)

SkyWarp91
4th September 2011, 11:25 PM
I think Transfigures(or z?) toys on eBay can sell you one for $180ish?

Hursticon
4th September 2011, 11:30 PM
Apparently IDW has reprinted a set of 6 volumes for the Marvel G1 before but due to copyright over the Spiderman and others a few issues were left out (#3, 9, 14? can't remember) But the new reprint this time has complete #3 in it, so I'm assuming the issue's resolved with Marvel.

Cheers for the info Arcee,
Indeed IDW has done some reprints prior to their current releases and you're right about the legalities with regards to Marvel; this is another contributing factor as to why I decided to go with the Titan Books reprints, as they were able to acquire the rights to use said Marvel IPs without issue - These were produced a couple of years earlier than IDW's 1st attempts and I believe that because Titan Books was/is a British Company, that made it somehow easier for them to reprint the Marvel IP laden issues. ;):)

@HD: I appreciate the compliment dude; I'm liking the G1 Marvel stuff for a number of reasons and on a number of levels as I believe, like most things older than a decade, one must take them in within the context of their production period as they certainly show their age but they're definitely a good read. :)
(Still not sold on Binary-Bonding mind you, I'm all for Transtector Technology ;):D)

*Spoilers! - For those who haven't read and are intending to read the Marvel G1 comics, don't read the following...*

Whilst we're on the subject of the G1 Marvel comics: Where is it that Bumblebee get's rebuilt into Goldbug? :confused:
I must've missed an issue or a frame or something because I'm dead sure when he deserted 'King' Grimlock, with Blaster in tow, he was Bumblebee but after the following issues focussed elsewhere, whilst they were on the run, he's just suddenly Goldbug timing just prior to the arrival of the other throttlebots? :confused:

Demonac
4th September 2011, 11:42 PM
*Spoilers! - For those who haven't read and are intending to read the Marvel G1 comics, don't read the following...*

Whilst we're on the subject of the G1 Marvel comics: Where is it that Bumblebee get's rebuilt into Goldbug? :confused:
I must've missed an issue or a frame or something because I'm dead sure when he deserted 'King' Grimlock, with Blaster in tow, he was Bumblebee but after the following issues focussed elsewhere, whilst they were on the run, he's just suddenly Goldbug timing just prior to the arrival of the other throttlebots? :confused:

I think it was in one of the GI Joe crossovers that they did.

Paulbot
5th September 2011, 12:26 AM

Yep. Pretty sure Titan and IDW both left out the GIJoe crossover limited series where the Transformation takes place. In the UK comics a different origin was given but I personally combine the two (it's very easy to). It's one of the only things in the limited series that impacts the ongoing, the reason for the Decepticon's move to Florida is another but that's explicity referenced in #25.

Bumblebee was already Goldbug when he and Blaster defected but the artist drew him as Bumblebee with Goldbug's head until about partway through the Throttlebots introduction when the full model was used. Probably artist error (like Galen turning into Cerebros' head before Cerebros exists).

Sky Shadow
5th September 2011, 01:57 PM

In the original UK continuity, there was no G.I. Joe crossover, so Wreck-Gar rebuilt Bumblebee into Goldbug in #118. It would have been reprinted in the Fallen Angel trade paperback.

Hursticon
5th September 2011, 04:37 PM

Yep. Pretty sure Titan and IDW both left out the GIJoe crossover limited series where the Transformation takes place. In the UK comics a different origin was given but I personally combine the two (it's very easy to). It's one of the only things in the limited series that impacts the ongoing, the reason for the Decepticon's move to Florida is another but that's explicity referenced in #25.

Aww... Really? - Bloody Hell. :rolleyes:
Cheers for the info guys, very much appreciated as this gives me a choice as to whether I should go ahead and seek out said G.I. Joe Crossovers, or just go with the U.K. issues; chances are I'll just go with the later though as I really don't care for the Joes. :o

Bumblebee was already Goldbug when he and Blaster defected but the artist drew him as Bumblebee with Goldbug's head until about partway through the Throttlebots introduction when the full model was used. Probably artist error (like Galen turning into Cerebros' head before Cerebros exists).

That may of been what confused me, but to be honest there has also been a bit of a gap between issue readings; interesting points though none the less. ;):)

In the original UK continuity, there was no G.I. Joe crossover, so Wreck-Gar rebuilt Bumblebee into Goldbug in #118. It would have been reprinted in the Fallen Angel trade paperback.

Ah! - So do the UK Comics also include/incorporate the 86' Movie?, or is that a separate Comic onto it's self? :confused:
The UK Titan Reprints are next in my sights after I obtain the last of the US Hardcovers, I'm really looking forward to those indeed! :D

Paulbot
5th September 2011, 05:04 PM
Ah! - So do the UK Comics also include/incorporate the 86' Movie?, or is that a separate Comic onto it's self? :confused:
Marvel adapted the '86 movie into a three part limited series. It was reprinted in the UK in a one off special, but it hasn't been printed again. It was left out of the Titan collections but you've seen the movie so you know what happens. (IDW's adaptation should be available in TPB).

The UK comics take the movie as future canon. The majority of the UK exclusive stories from #78 to #205 are tied into the movie in some way. Since the US stories weren't featuring the movie cast at all, Simon Furman could do whatever he wanted with them.

Both US and UK comics ignore the rest of the cartoon almost entirely (but with a few minor exceptions). The Titan collections also didn't reprint US #43, the quite random adaptation of a post movie cartoon episode ("Big Broadcast of 2006"), but I don't know if the IDW one did or not.

Hursticon
5th September 2011, 05:26 PM
Marvel adapted the '86 movie into a three part limited series. It was reprinted in the UK in a one off special, but it hasn't been printed again. It was left out of the Titan collections but you've seen the movie so you know what happens. (IDW's adaptation should be available in TPB).

Ah, okay - Cheers Paul as I have a 'scanned' copy of the UK Marvel '86 Movie Adaptation but wasn't sure if Titan had reprinted either the US or UK or not; thanks for the tip about the IDW adaptation too, I'll definitely have to grab that TPB as no doubt the artwork would be far superior to the Marvel, even though I've seen the '86 Movie a bajillion times. :D

The UK comics take the movie as future canon. The majority of the UK exclusive stories from #78 to #205 are tied into the movie in some way. Since the US stories weren't featuring the movie cast at all, Simon Furman could do whatever he wanted with them.

Ah! - This is very interesting, now I'm looking forward to the UK stuff even more. :D

Both US and UK comics ignore the rest of the cartoon almost entirely (but with a few minor exceptions). The Titan collections also didn't reprint US #43, the quite random adaptation of a post movie cartoon episode ("Big Broadcast of 2006"), but I don't know if the IDW one did or not.

I'm glad to hear that they did as from where I've read up to, now, the stories and writing are far more interesting and attention retaining than the G1 Cartoon is (for me) nowadays; Did issue #43 have any baring on future story arcs?, or was it's omittal from the Titan Reprints perfectly acceptable?

Paulbot
5th September 2011, 05:33 PM
Ah, okay - Cheers Paul as I have a 'scanned' copy of the UK Marvel '86 Movie Adaptation but wasn't sure if Titan had reprinted either the US or UK or not; thanks for the tip about the IDW adaptation too, I'll definitely have to grab that TPB as no doubt the artwork would be far superior to the Marvel, even though I've seen the '86 Movie a bajillion times. :D

The art is by Don Figueroa and is much better than the Marvel version, but the greatest thing about the IDW TPB, is an added two page splash that only appears in the collection (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Image:TAM_TPB_Gestalt_Fight.jpg)

Did issue #43 have any baring on future story arcs?, or was it's omittal from the Titan Reprints perfectly acceptable?

The UK comic reprinted it as a "imaginary story" told by Wreck-Gar and then took some elements from it to develop a different story.

Hursticon
5th September 2011, 05:42 PM
The art is by Don Figueroa and is much better than the Marvel version, but the greatest thing about the IDW TPB, is an added two page splash that only appears in the collection (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Image:TAM_TPB_Gestalt_Fight.jpg)

Oh dear Anubis! - That is stunning! :eek:
Yep, I'm sold! :D

The UK comic reprinted it as a "imaginary story" told by Wreck-Gar and then took some elements from it to develop a different story.

So is that to say that US #43, whilst not Reprinted by Titan with the US run, is Reprinted by Titan in the UK run but only as a story telling of Wreck-Gar (Being that is how the UK treated US #43)? :o

Paulbot
5th September 2011, 06:05 PM
So is that to say that US #43, whilst not Reprinted by Titan with the US run, is Reprinted by Titan in the UK run but only as a story telling of Wreck-Gar (Being that is how the UK treated US #43)? :o
The UK Titan reprint provides only a two page summary of US #43. IDW may have reprinted it in full but I don't own those.

Hursticon
5th September 2011, 06:10 PM
The UK Titan reprint provides only a two page summary of US #43. IDW may have reprinted it in full but I don't own those.

Ah ok, well that sounds fair enough to me as it doesn't seem like one would be missing out on anything imperative - Again, thanks for the clarification Paul. ;):)

Arcee
5th September 2011, 10:31 PM
...thanks for the tip about the IDW adaptation too, I'll definitely have to grab that TPB as no doubt the artwork would be far superior to the Marvel, even though I've seen the '86 Movie a bajillion times. :D

If you ever find that IDW TPB for the '86 Movie adaptation, can you grab a copy for me as well? Have been trying to find it everywhere without success.

Paulbot are you a encyclopedia of TF comics...I've been wondering if there's an episode/issue featuring the first appearance of Ultra Magnus and maybe somehow explains why he's a white OP cab? Can you help me on that?

Paulbot
5th September 2011, 11:13 PM
Paulbot are you a encyclopedia of TF comics...I've been wondering if there's an episode/issue featuring the first appearance of Ultra Magnus and maybe somehow explains why he's a white OP cab? Can you help me on that?
When I originally got involved in this community it was because I was more of a TF comics collector than a TF toy collector :) (But then I started using eBay and it balanced out :o)

The only thing that comes to mind is Dreamwave's Generation One Volume Two "War and Peace". That was the first time in Western fiction that Ultra Magnus was shown as a White version of Prime without the armour.

Sky Shadow
6th September 2011, 09:37 AM
I've been wondering if there's an episode/issue featuring the first appearance of Ultra Magnus and maybe somehow explains why he's a white OP cab? Can you help me on that?

I think it was in #6 of Dreamwave's second G1 series that Ultra Magnus and Optimus Prime were 'revealed' to be 'identical' brothers but that Magnus wore armour.

blackoptimus
6th September 2011, 06:23 PM
Hey guys, I'm curious to know what would be better getting, if I only had one option.

Get Classics Rodimus + Fansproject Protector Upgrade Kit or Get All Three Fansproject Insecticons?

Hursticon
6th September 2011, 07:38 PM
Hey guys, I'm curious to know what would be better getting, if I only had one option.

Get Classics Rodimus + Fansproject Protector Upgrade Kit or Get All Three Fansproject Insecticons?

Personally, if I had only the 1 option?; I'd go with the 3 Insecticons because I feel that, combined, they are much better value for money compared to what is essentially a parts-forming car and trailer, albeit a damn awesome one. ;):)

I hope that helps dude. :cool:

Arcee
6th September 2011, 09:41 PM
Received my Jetfire today but don't understand why he's got a rank of 10????

I thought Rank 10 is exclusively Prime ranking.

griffin
6th September 2011, 11:33 PM
The stats would be from the original Jetfire, which also had a rank of 10. In Gen1 before Actionmasters there were a few Autobots with a rank of 10, but Megatron was the only Decepticon with a rank of 10.
I guess Optimus was more of a sharer than Megatron. :p

UltraMarginal
6th September 2011, 11:47 PM

well, are you going to get the masterpiece rodimus?
if so and cash is tight perhaps then choose the insecticons. though there is nothing to say that HasTak won't be releasing a set of insecticons in the coming years as a part of the Classics/universe etc line.

Cat
6th September 2011, 11:59 PM
Oh dear Anubis! - That is stunning! :eek:
Yep, I'm sold! :D

Just keep in mind that you're really buying it for the art alone.

The scripting is absolutely TERRIBLE, and horribly, horribly outdated. It makes the visuals and the dialogue seem at odds with each other.

All IMO of course, but yeah, even IDW's admitted this was a mistake.

Cat
7th September 2011, 12:01 AM

Jetfire's a great figure, one that I think often gets overlooked.

It was also an utter bitch to find when it first came out, then a few years later Myer suddenly had HEAPS of them for some odd reason.

Arcee
7th September 2011, 12:05 AM
Jetfire's a great figure, one that I think often gets overlooked.

It was also an utter bitch to find when it first came out, then a few years later Myer suddenly had HEAPS of them for some odd reason.

Well Griffin once said we are the dumping ground for the unwanted...maybe this is one of those rare lucky times when the unwanted turns out to be a hidden gem.

Cat
7th September 2011, 12:14 AM
Well Griffin once said we are the dumping ground for the unwanted...maybe this is one of those rare lucky times when the unwanted turns out to be a hidden gem.

We are indeed a dumping ground, and I know many people scored well, who'd missed out on him first time around.

We're a dumping ground that often gets dumped with gold. ;)

Sky Shadow
7th September 2011, 10:56 AM

Nah, it's not - Tech Specs rankings have always been all over the place. In 1985, Jetfire was Rank 10 as well. In the first year of G2, Rapido and Grimlock (both Rank 10) outranked Optimus Prime (9). In the animated universe, the rank of Magnus is higher than Prime.

Prowl
7th September 2011, 08:06 PM

Probably the best classics figure IMO.

UltraMarginal
7th September 2011, 11:25 PM
Probably the best classics figure IMO.

thems fightin words:D

blackoptimus
7th September 2011, 11:34 PM
Yeah thats the only fear. I don't wanna buy a 3rd party product that they are going to release in the future. But you never know.

well, are you going to get the masterpiece rodimus?
if so and cash is tight perhaps then choose the insecticons. though there is nothing to say that HasTak won't be releasing a set of insecticons in the coming years as a part of the Classics/universe etc line.

Hursticon
8th September 2011, 02:05 PM
Just keep in mind that you're really buying it for the art alone.

The scripting is absolutely TERRIBLE, and horribly, horribly outdated. It makes the visuals and the dialogue seem at odds with each other.

All IMO of course, but yeah, even IDW's admitted this was a mistake.

Cheers for the tip Cat, it is indeed a good thing that I'm a sucker for Transformers/Robotic Artwork! :D

Prowl
8th September 2011, 08:43 PM
thems fightin words:D

Totally understand that :). Out of all my TF's this one seems to evoke the G1 goodness with a bit more flexability.

Never had a original Jetfore/Skyfire but he just feels "right" to me.

UltraMarginal
8th September 2011, 10:27 PM
Totally understand that :). Out of all my TF's this one seems to evoke the G1 goodness with a bit more flexability.

Never had a original Jetfore/Skyfire but he just feels "right" to me.

I do like the classics jetfire but I will be hard pressed to believe he's the best of the modern molds. I really like a lot of them, off the top of my head I'd have to say that Warpath, scourge, cyclonus and windcharger are all better, not necessarily in that order but Warpath is brilliant in execution and the "feel"

I have an original jetfire junker (hand me down from and ex flatmate), and the new classics one, while the new one is very good, it doesn't quite grasp the sleek blockiness of the original concept so well, but then it's also probably more of a jetfire than a macross toy :cool:

end of off topic rant:o

The problem with this discussion is that there is just soo much awesome in the new classic lines. 10 people could all pick a different favorite.:eek::D

Hursticon
11th September 2011, 12:33 AM
Is their a website or resource that details what paperwork came with a figure? - Namely that of G1 figures? :o
I ask as I'm trying to find out exactly what paperwork, other than an Instruction Sheet, came with a 1987 Western release of Scorponok and neither the TFwiki or TFU.info had such details. :(

Any info would be greatly appreciated. ;):)

Sky Shadow
11th September 2011, 09:25 AM
Is their a website or resource that details what paperwork came with a figure? - Namely that of G1 figures? :o
I ask as I'm trying to find out exactly what paperwork, other than an Instruction Sheet, came with a 1987 Western release of Scorponok and neither the TFwiki or TFU.info had such details. :(

Any info would be greatly appreciated. ;):)

It depends on the specific country of release, Hursti - the sticker sheet and tech specs decoder should be a constant, but the presence and specificities of a catalogue and robot points mailaway offer depended on the actual place it was sold (e.g. U.S., U.K., Australia, etc.)

Sky Shadow
11th September 2011, 08:16 PM
[QUOTE=Hursticon;265139]Ah, ok fair enough so with that in mind; Where would I find out these specifics?
(I'd probably go with an Aussie approach though :))

In that case, Scorponok came with instructions, a sticker sheet, tech-specs decoder, a US 1987 catalogue and... maybe... a "Have the Decepticons defeated us once and for all?" mailaway offer.

Hursticon
11th September 2011, 08:22 PM
In that case, Scorponok came with instructions, a sticker sheet, tech-specs decoder, a US 1987 catalogue and... maybe... a "Have the Decepticons defeated us once and for all?" mailaway offer.

Ah... ok-sweet, I'll go for that then although, as of yet eBay hasn't yielded an instruction sheet... yet. ;):D
Many thanks for the insight Sky Shadow. :cool:

jazzcomp
14th September 2011, 11:19 PM
how to spot fake henkei seekers?

Hursticon
14th September 2011, 11:40 PM
how to spot fake henkei seekers?

Predominantly the Mold differences are a major give away, there is a site that'll show you but for the life of me I can't think of it at the moment; I'm sure one of the other members will know for sure dude. :o

Decepticon
19th September 2011, 04:18 PM
Can anyone tell me what they reckon is a better scale to fit the general deluxe classed cars? Voyager Optimus or a Leader Optimus? I have been pondering this for a while without any decent answers. Lol:p

UltraMarginal
19th September 2011, 05:44 PM
Can anyone tell me what they reckon is a better scale to fit the general deluxe classed cars? Voyager Optimus or a Leader Optimus? I have been pondering this for a while without any decent answers. Lol:p

If you're talking movie verse, personally I think the better scale is leader Prime and HA figures, but still Leader and Deluxe is next preferred for me.

LordCyrusOmega
19th September 2011, 07:38 PM
Leader class all the way.

Decepticon
19th September 2011, 10:25 PM
Phew!!!! They were the answers I wanted to hear!!:) Now I can dig out my black Leader Optimus to go into my Decepticon area!:p

SkyWarp91
20th September 2011, 06:35 PM
How long does it usually take for a BBTS order to clear the warehouse status? I could have sworn it was done within 1 business day...

Decepticon
20th September 2011, 07:09 PM
How long does it usually take for a BBTS order to clear the warehouse status? I could have sworn it was done within 1 business day...

Mine got cleared on the 9/9/11. I recieved it today!

LordCyrusOmega
20th September 2011, 08:57 PM
My first order took over a month to arrive. The next was about 2-3 weeks.

Cat
20th September 2011, 10:34 PM
Mine average 10 working days, give or take a day or two here and there.

UltraMarginal
20th September 2011, 10:47 PM
I would have to say 5 - 10 working days between hitting the "ship my loot" button to having it rock up at my door.

SkyWarp91
20th September 2011, 11:10 PM
Thanks for the answers guys, I was asking more about how long it takes to get passed the 'warehouse' status on the order, I already know roughly how long it takes for the item to be sent. My order has been on 'warehouse' status for a couple of days now...

UltraMarginal
20th September 2011, 11:48 PM
Thanks for the answers guys, I was asking more about how long it takes to get passed the 'warehouse' status on the order, I already know roughly how long it takes for the item to be sent. My order has been on 'warehouse' status for a couple of days now...

I've had one that was there for less than a day and another that was there for a couple days, it probably depends just how busy they are.

Skullcruncher
21st September 2011, 02:40 PM
Anyone ever come across a G1 pretender with a rubsign? :confused:

Skullcruncher
21st September 2011, 08:58 PM
Does anyone here contribute to tfwiki?

No. Stop that crazy talk.

Cat
21st September 2011, 09:42 PM
If it helps, I had an order I shipped from Pile Of Loot last night, as in physically pressed the 'Ship My Loot' button.

It's now properly shipped and I have my tracking number.

It WAS a small order though, FWIW.

5FDP
22nd September 2011, 10:29 AM
Does anyone here contribute to tfwiki?

FFN does.

snaketales
22nd September 2011, 05:39 PM
My nine-year-old scrimped and saved his pocket money to buy a generations Thunderwing from Taiwan.

According to the tracking it flew out on Sept 5 but Australia Post has no record of it arriving.

Does it usually take this long for items to arrive from Taiwan?

Should we start to be worried??

heroic_decepticon
23rd September 2011, 12:12 AM

Interesting point, I don't believe that I've seen a G1 pretender with rub sign

Tetsuwan Convoy
23rd September 2011, 04:13 PM
My nine-year-old scrimped and saved his pocket money to buy a generations Thunderwing from Taiwan.

According to the tracking it flew out on Sept 5 but Australia Post has no record of it arriving.

Does it usually take this long for items to arrive from Taiwan?

Should we start to be worried??

Probably not, I have never had anything shipped from Taiwan though.

What I have found from recent experience, is that most of what qualifies as a 'tracking number' overseas = 'too much hassle' for Aust post. I have had a number of things come from America, hong kong with different types of tracking. None worked on Aust posts site coming up with the old "this item is not trackable" but a couple worked if I went to their repective sites to track (eg, US posts site/Hong kong post site) well at least until it arrived in australia anyway.

in otherwords, tracking withing australia is craptacular. Chances are its in melbourned taking a week or three to cross the country, yet it may have only taken 2 days to get from Thailand.

And rant over...:D

theheretic
23rd September 2011, 07:34 PM
I'm interested in buying my first alternator/alterinity/binaltech BUT I can't decide on any particular one. So what's everyone's opinion? My criteria are
1. Robot mode looks when compared to their original G1 character (I don't mind if they transform into a car instead of a jet/t-Rex if their robot form looks similar to their G1 counterpart)
2. Poseability and articulation (no point buying it if it's only position is standing straight up)

LordCyrusOmega
23rd September 2011, 10:38 PM
I've got Ravage, Hound, Sideswipe, Smokescreen and Optimus. I'd pass on the Optimus mould. The others work well but Ravage is pure gold. Thats Ravage and not Battle Ravage.
Poseability Smokescreen or hound is good and also look similar to their original counterparts. Sideswipe has leg issues in my opinion.

UltraMarginal
24th September 2011, 07:10 AM
I've got Ravage, Hound, Sideswipe, Smokescreen and Optimus. I'd pass on the Optimus mold. The others work well but Ravage is pure gold. Thats Ravage and not Battle Ravage.
Poseability Smokescreen or hound is good and also look similar to their original counterparts. Sideswipe has leg issues in my opinion.

I totally agree with everything you said, to add though, Wheeljack/Grimlock is a great model though the front wheels sag a little in vehicle mode on the binaltech one due to weight. overdrive is also great.
the later models tend to have slightly better articulation but apart from the Prime mold they are all pretty good. and Skids is great partially due to being my first ever transformer when I was a kid, but he's pretty much the only one that isn't a sports car.

Alternators are plastic, binaltech have a lot of die cast, so they look slightly better and feel better but they scratch really easy and some of the earlier binaltech models had standing issues due to the weight of their upper body.

Alternity is a newer line, Japanese only and also all plastic, though the metalised finish is excellent. they are smaller than the alternator/binaltech line and while the vehicle modes are great, I haven't heard the greatest response to their robot modes. I only have Cliffjumper, I like the transformation but his legs are a bit gimpy.

phew:eek:

GoktimusPrime
24th September 2011, 10:32 AM
BT Smokescreen scratched easily, but subsequent BTs had improved paints which were more and more scratch-resistant.

Alternities are nice, but expensive. With a RRP comparable to BTs and they're smaller and plastic; Poorer value for money. :(

theheretic
24th September 2011, 12:09 PM
Okay well I've ordered BT-20 jazz. I love rx8's and his robot mode looks nice too. Can you get a g1 sticker set for him?

GoktimusPrime
24th September 2011, 12:52 PM
http://www.reprolabels.com/Binaltech/jazz.php

theheretic
24th September 2011, 07:33 PM
Bitchin! Gonna get me a set of stickers too! Thanks guys. I'll post jazz up when he arrives.

Paulbot
30th September 2011, 08:06 PM
What size class is TM2 Blackarachnia? I can't find any information about it.

Mega class. (Somewhat like Voyager class).

LordCyrusOmega
30th September 2011, 08:10 PM
Thanks for that. That's what I thought but wasn't sure. Couldn't find anything and need it for my spread sheet.

griffin
30th September 2011, 10:36 PM
Beast Wars is one toyline I've so far added to the Matrix (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=11638).

griffin
1st October 2011, 12:47 PM
Yeah, Hasbro has changed names of their size-classes a fair bit over the years, but I did have on the old and outdated checklist (http://www.otca.com.au/checklist.html), a compilation of the size-classes, for newer fans to know what they used to be called (if they ever came across an old size name and wanted to know what it is now called).

Hasbro Transformers packaging size/price scale, from smallest to largest according to US$:
- Micromaster / Minicon
- *Single Spychanger / Legends / Legion
- Double Spychanger / Deployer / Mini-Con 2-pack
- *Basic / Mini-Con 3-pack / Energon Class / Scout Class / Commander Class
- Real Gear / Slammers
- Microverse
- *Deluxe / Mini-Con 6-pack / Supercon / Combat Class
- Beast Rider / FAB / TECH
- Armada Roleplay
- *Mega / Maxcon / Mega Combat / Voyager Class
- Alternators / Crossovers / Human Alliance
- *Ultra / Gigacon / Command Class
- *Super / Leader Class
- Supreme / Ultimate / Combiner

The ones with the * are the main ones in use today.

Hope that helps make it clearer for you, or was what you were looking for.

tinyJazz
5th October 2011, 12:03 AM
Which Transformers have been known to eat humans?

Hursticon
5th October 2011, 12:05 AM

Though I don't believe it's ever been depicted, I wouldn't put it past Tarantulas. :D

tinyJazz
5th October 2011, 12:11 AM
but Hursti I read it on TFwiki, it must be true! D:

Hursticon
5th October 2011, 12:21 AM
but Hursti I read it on TFwiki, it must be true! D:

Really? :eek: - Have you a link dude?

tinyJazz
5th October 2011, 01:12 AM
I can't remember what page it was mentioned on, :/ that's why I'm asking here.

Hursticon
5th October 2011, 01:24 AM
I can't remember what page it was mentioned on, :/ that's why I'm asking here.

Ah, I see - I'll see what I can dig up and I'll let you know, I am intrigued... :D

Reflector
5th October 2011, 02:13 AM

Having no feelings makes Omega Supreme a prime suspect

Paulbot
5th October 2011, 08:10 AM
Terrorcons (G1 or Energon) are possible suspects but I can't think of any particular examples. It'd have to be something with a beast mode surely. Kinda sounds like a Japanese thing. Maybe in Kiss Players?

Oh wait. Devastator "ate" a couple of extras in ROTF. Wouldn't be surprised if Ravage or Laserbeak or any Bayverse Con did this in the IDW comics.

Tober
5th October 2011, 08:17 AM
Yeah, I seem to vaguely remember the Megatron clones (Legion) from Kiss Players devouring human victims. Syao Syao is captured and about be be devoured before Hot Rodimus shows up... I think...

:eek: :eek: :eek: <- You may insert these into the appropriate places above.

Ode to a Grasshopper
5th October 2011, 08:54 AM
Terrorcons (G1 or Energon) are possible suspects but I can't think of any particular examples. It'd have to be something with a beast mode surely. Kinda sounds like a Japanese thing. Maybe in Kiss Players?

Oh wait. Devastator "ate" a couple of extras in ROTF. Wouldn't be surprised if Ravage or Laserbeak or any Bayverse Con did this in the IDW comics.Unicron 'ate' Daniel and Spike, and Animated Grimlock sort of ate Porter C Powell but spat him out again.

Hursticon
5th October 2011, 01:35 PM
Is there a way to correct Classicsverse Octane, Ratchet & Ironhide's perpetual upwards and downwards gazes? :o

UltraMarginal
5th October 2011, 03:06 PM
Is there a way to correct Classicsverse Octane, Ratchet & Ironhide's perpetual upwards and downwards gazes? :o

I know there is a fix for ratchet and ironhide, it involves removing some plastic and a screw or two but I am led to believe that it works pretty well.

I am yet to apply this to mine.

If I can find the link I'll post it up.

Hursticon
5th October 2011, 03:43 PM
If I can find the link I'll post it up.

Cheers dude, much appreciated. ;):cool:

uteiki
5th October 2011, 06:51 PM
Hi guys

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this:
I got some transformers posted from a friend in japan and it arrived 2 weeks ago. He posted it via dhl. Just today, I received a bill from dhl to say I owe them fees for dhl quarantine processing fees. Its for $47.50! Just wondering if any of u had this before - what is this quarantine fee and do I actually have to pay for it? I have used dhl many times in the past few years but this is the first time I received this? :confused: I mean I bought toys not some kind of plant or food?

Dan

kaiden
5th October 2011, 08:30 PM
Hi guys

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this:
I got some transformers posted from a friend in japan and it arrived 2 weeks ago. He posted it via dhl. Just today, I received a bill from dhl to say I owe them fees for dhl quarantine processing fees. Its for $47.50! Just wondering if any of u had this before - what is this quarantine fee and do I actually have to pay for it? I have used dhl many times in the past few years but this is the first time I received this? :confused: I mean I bought toys not some kind of plant or food?

Dan

yeah i used dhl once to get some games faster from an online store in HK and they sent me a bill for $80? i cant remember what the charge was for, as it was so many years ago but the order cost me $100 shipped...

I've never used them every again - so full of sh-t.

I think you should consult one of those fair trading thingies though as that fee is an outright scam

UltraMarginal
5th October 2011, 11:18 PM
I've never heard of that before, I'd seriously question it, especially if you already have your stuff. if you were importing plants fine but toys?

I've never used DHL though so I have no experience with them.

miavintage
6th October 2011, 12:27 AM
Hi everybody, new to the forum so hopefully I'm posting in the right place.

I came across 2 TF and hoping you can help me identify.

This one I cant find anywhere when I google it. You guys will probably know it instantly :) Name? Generation?

White car with blue rear spoiler. Hood spoiler is silver/gray/magenta and turns into a separate robot. Sticker on the roof is gold "racing". Windows are all magenta or maroon color. Racing strips on car door are blue & magenta/maroon. Underbody is gray plastic and reads "1987 Hasbro. Takara 1987. China." Looks like Trans Am or Fiero.

Second toy is a mini TF. "Hasbro 1988. Takara 1988. Macau."
Orange semi truck with blue underbody and blue trailer hitch.

Found these in a basket of random toys at a yard sale!
Thanks everybody for your time.

Hursticon
6th October 2011, 12:38 AM
Hi everybody, new to the forum so hopefully I'm posting in the right place.

I came across 2 TF and hoping you can help me identify.

This one I cant find anywhere when I google it. You guys will probably know it instantly :) Name? Generation?

White car with blue rear spoiler. Hood spoiler is silver/gray/magenta and turns into a separate robot. Sticker on the roof is gold "racing". Windows are all magenta or maroon color. Racing strips on car door are blue & magenta/maroon. Underbody is gray plastic and reads "1987 Hasbro. Takara 1987. China." Looks like Trans Am or Fiero.

Second toy is a mini TF. "Hasbro 1988. Takara 1988. Macau."
Orange semi truck with blue underbody and blue trailer hitch.

Found these in a basket of random toys at a yard sale!
Thanks everybody for your time.

Are either of these anything like what you describe?:

#1 - Getaway? (http://www.tfu.info/1988/Autobot/Getaway/getaway.htm)
#2 - Powertrain? (http://www.tfu.info/1989/Autobot/Powertrain/powertrain.htm)

miavintage
6th October 2011, 12:52 AM
Are either of these anything like what you describe?:

#1 - Getaway? (http://www.tfu.info/1988/Autobot/Getaway/getaway.htm)
#2 - Powertrain? (http://www.tfu.info/1989/Autobot/Powertrain/powertrain.htm)

Yup, you nailed both of them. Thanks!

Hursticon
6th October 2011, 12:54 AM
Yup, you nailed both of them. Thanks!

Really?, hehe, excellent; No problems at all mate, glad to be of some help. ;):)

theheretic
6th October 2011, 07:51 AM
Okay this is TF related. My MP-10 which I paid extra to have shipped faster is.... somewhere in the mail. My last tracking says "Processed Through Sort Facility, October 01, 2011, 5:49 am, ISC CHICAGO IL" and I haven't had any more updates on my track. So at what point should I be getting worried? I've had no trouble with postage coming out of the US before but my concern is that they've always had a track point in LA or Hawaii and this one seems to have stopped in Chicago and then gone nowhere.

uteiki
6th October 2011, 09:23 AM
hey thanks for the reply guys. I called DHL this mornning and 1 minute later they just waived the charges...

What a load of BS.

basically if you do not call them & just pay for it, DHL will say thank you very much.

yeah i used dhl once to get some games faster from an online store in HK and they sent me a bill for $80? i cant remember what the charge was for, as it was so many years ago but the order cost me $100 shipped...

I've never used them every again - so full of sh-t.

I think you should consult one of those fair trading thingies though as that fee is an outright scam

I've never heard of that before, I'd seriously question it, especially if you already have your stuff. if you were importing plants fine but toys?

I've never used DHL though so I have no experience with them.

UltraMarginal
6th October 2011, 10:10 AM
hey thanks for the reply guys. I called DHL this mornning and 1 minute later they just waived the charges...

What a load of BS.

basically if you do not call them & just pay for it, DHL will say thank you very much.

good one, a lot of companies try to pull this sort of thing.

Arcee
6th October 2011, 01:56 PM
Okay this is TF related. My MP-10 which I paid extra to have shipped faster is.... somewhere in the mail. My last tracking says "Processed Through Sort Facility, October 01, 2011, 5:49 am, ISC CHICAGO IL" and I haven't had any more updates on my track. So at what point should I be getting worried? I've had no trouble with postage coming out of the US before but my concern is that they've always had a track point in LA or Hawaii and this one seems to have stopped in Chicago and then gone nowhere.

It depends on whether you are using First Class or Priority or what?

If it's First Class, I'd say you won't see any further update on that, and you are lucky to see it "Processed Through Sort Facility"; my experience my First Class parcels always stay in the status "Electronic Shipping Info Received".

There is no actual tracking for all First Class even though they give you a tracking number. I've got quite a few of them, the longest took me 6 weeks on the wait; the shortest a week. So it's very likely that you receive two parcels at the same time though they maybe respectively posted with weeks between one another. And I've got one of my First Class arrived earlier than a Priority one thought they were posted at the same time.

So for First Class, now is definitely too early to worry about it.

EDIT: Just saw it you said "paid extra to have shipped faster"...Well, still, not necessarily, I did have my Priority seemingly sitting in the post office for quite a while when it's actually already got to Sydney. You never know. The thing I've concluded so far: it'll sure arrive in the end, but how fast/slow does not necessarily depends on whether it's shipped First Class or Priority. And status update are inaccurate.

If you are unsure, email the seller; he/she won't be able to do anything but after all they are located in US so can easily phone up USPS to inquire.

jena
6th October 2011, 02:00 PM
Is there a general Transformers Prime discussion around here anywhere? I did a search and couldn't find one. I've only just started watching it (but I'm up to ep 20 already, holidays rule) and I'm in the mood for some discussion.

Arcee
6th October 2011, 02:06 PM
Is there a general Transformers Prime discussion around here anywhere? I did a search and couldn't find one. I've only just started watching it (but I'm up to ep 20 already, holidays rule) and I'm in the mood for some discussion.

Here:
http://www.otca.com.au/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=9

It's not one single thread; ppl are posting up after each episode and they are all under Ratbat's Transformers Reviews.

jena
6th October 2011, 02:10 PM
Here:
http://www.otca.com.au/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=9

It's not one single thread; ppl are posting up after each episode and they are all under Ratbat's Transformers Reviews.

I found those two for ep 23 and 24 but I'm not up to those yet and they're the only two I spotted. I also found a review discussion for eps 1-5 but nothing else.

Arcee
6th October 2011, 02:12 PM
I found those two for ep 23 and 24 but I'm not up to those yet and they're the only two I spotted. I also found a review discussion for eps 1-5 but nothing else.
Maybe start a new one? I didn't really check it as I haven't started watching it yet...

jena
6th October 2011, 02:46 PM
Maybe start a new one? I didn't really check it as I haven't started watching it yet...

I really think you should! Especially since Arcee is a main character :p If you're interested, full episodes can be found here http://www.youtube.com/user/Auroratron

griffin
6th October 2011, 03:07 PM
There is a general comments topic here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=9454&highlight=prime).
But do an advanced search for 'Prime' (in topic titles) in the Review section, and you'll find review topics for most episodes since #7.

jena
6th October 2011, 04:02 PM
There is a general comments topic here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=9454&highlight=prime).
But do an advanced search for 'Prime' (in topic titles) in the Review section, and you'll find review topics for most episodes since #7.

Thanks griffin, helpful as always!

Arcee
6th October 2011, 05:53 PM
I really think you should! Especially since Arcee is a main character :p If you're interested, full episodes can be found here http://www.youtube.com/user/Auroratron
Will do. But not before I'm done with my last exam, which is three weeks away...

I've accumulated an awful big to-do TF list already...Prime's not even in top three. BWs is top one; stocktaking & a thorough maintenance examination of my collections; then all those comics I've bought but haven't read. I put Prime to No.4.

But yeah, thanks a lot for the link! Added to favourite and the flow will be jammed up by me very soon :D

KillinSpoon
6th October 2011, 06:09 PM
Will do. But not before I'm done with my last exam, which is three weeks away...

I've accumulated an awful big to-do TF list already...Prime's not even in top three. BWs is top one; stocktaking & a thorough maintenance examination of my collections; then all those comics I've bought but haven't read. I put Prime to No.4.

But yeah, thanks a lot for the link! Added to favourite and the flow will be jammed up by me very soon :D

Do you have a portable hard drive?
I can give you HD rips of the episodes released thus far next time I see you if you'd like?

Arcee
6th October 2011, 06:09 PM
I can give you HD rips of the episodes released thus far next time I see you if you'd like?
I do. How big are they?

Hursticon
6th October 2011, 06:11 PM

You've entered the very same Dilemma as I did upon joining the boards Arcee :p, your eyes are suddenly opened to the truly expansive and seemingly bottomless depths the Transformers Mythology goes to and the part of catching up is quite a daunting one. :o

Prime is definitely something you should checkout, but only after Beast Wars. :D
(Is my Bias showing yet? :p)

Hursticon
6th October 2011, 06:12 PM

Glad to see that there is another amongst us. ;):D

Arcee
6th October 2011, 06:29 PM
your eyes are suddenly opened to the truly expansive and seemingly bottomless depths the Transformers Mythology goes to and the part of catching up is quite a daunting one. :o
So true...

(Is my Bias showing yet? :p)
We all know you Hursti. I remember it was only the first week I joined here that I saw your name and said to myself: "This is that BW guy...":D

KillinSpoon
6th October 2011, 06:30 PM
I do. How big are they?

The folder is so far 11.1 gigs, 24 episodes.

Glad to see that there is another amongst us. ;):D

Since the beginning! :D

Arcee
6th October 2011, 06:37 PM
The folder is so far 11.1 gigs, 24 episodes.
Sweet. Thanks a lot! I'll bring the HD to the next meet.

KillinSpoon
6th October 2011, 06:50 PM
Sweet. Thanks a lot! I'll bring the HD to the next meet.

No worries! :3
Can do next week if you want? I'll bring my laptop to speed up the process?

UltraMarginal
6th October 2011, 06:56 PM

Watch out Arcee, the first episode will be free,.... :cool:

Arcee
6th October 2011, 06:59 PM
Sure. I miss Maccas lol :p

Watch out Arcee, the first episode will be free,.... :cool:
...is it true KS? How much r u charging?:D

KillinSpoon
6th October 2011, 07:46 PM
Sure. I miss Maccas lol :p

...is it true KS? How much r u charging?:D

I'm not going anywhere near Maccas, I hate the stuff! :P

Yeah, $55 an episode.
Lolno, I have no reason to charge for something which is free on the internet :P

Arcee
6th October 2011, 07:55 PM
I'm not going anywhere near Maccas, I hate the stuff! :P

Yeah, $55 an episode.
Lolno, I have no reason to charge for something which is free on the internet :P
Really? You've finally got sick of it?

I'll buy your Maccas lunch as a gesture of thank you :D