PDA

View Full Version : Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

KillinSpoon
6th October 2011, 08:03 PM
Really? You've finally got sick of it?

I'll buy your Maccas lunch as a gesture of thank you :D

Nah, I just never buy the stuff. It's toxic and disgustingly bad for you :/
Anyway, enough spamming the questions thread! :P

Arcee
6th October 2011, 08:18 PM
Nah, I just never buy the stuff. It's toxic and disgustingly bad for you :/
Anyway, enough spamming the questions thread! :P
Maybe move to the lunch meets thread. Just let me know which day suits you.

Tober
7th October 2011, 09:13 AM
Have details been announced for this?:

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj230/AUST_Tober/5F6ot.jpg

The WfC game, not the magazine... :rolleyes:

EDIT: Yeah, it's promo for Fall of Cybertron. I'd link to an article but it's full of swears... :rolleyes:

KillinSpoon
7th October 2011, 09:40 AM
I want a poster of that, now.

UltraMarginal
7th October 2011, 10:30 AM
There is an article on Seibertron (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/activision-officially-announces-transformers-fall-of-cybertron-video-game-for-2012/22934/).com that links to another article which is probably the one you are talking about.

I think that's about it. it's coming out in 2012 and is called the Fall of Cybertron. Ther will be big robots and explosions and according to the comments on seibertron, story.:eek:

jena
7th October 2011, 11:33 AM
Will do. But not before I'm done with my last exam, which is three weeks away...

I've accumulated an awful big to-do TF list already...Prime's not even in top three. BWs is top one; stocktaking & a thorough maintenance examination of my collections; then all those comics I've bought but haven't read. I put Prime to No.4.

But yeah, thanks a lot for the link! Added to favourite and the flow will be jammed up by me very soon :D

Poor Prime, being so low on the list. It totally deserves to be higher. It deserves to be higher than Beast Wars! Now my bias is showing.

Arcee
7th October 2011, 12:23 PM
Poor Prime, being so low on the list. It totally deserves to be higher. It deserves to be higher than Beast Wars! Now my bias is showing.
I'll place my casting vote after I've watched both (a little bit of, at least) :cool::D

griffin
7th October 2011, 12:45 PM
I vote Beast Wars first... brighter, colourful, fun. I'm just not enjoying Prime as much because it is a lot darker in appearance and feel.
The organic/animal theme with BW puts off people at first who want to see 'metal' all the time, but you just need to keep in mind that they are still robots, and are in their robotic forms most of the time anyway. (and a lot less annoying humans)

Arcee
7th October 2011, 02:40 PM
The organic/animal theme with BW puts off people at first who want to see 'metal' all the time, but you just need to keep in mind that they are still robots, and are in their robotic forms most of the time anyway. (and a lot less annoying humans)
That's exactly what has put me off: organic...I just love seeing pure metal all the time, and if there must be human, let it be as little as Verity in Last Stand of the Wreckers -- even that level of human exposure I find superfluous :D

I decide to go for BWs purely for story's sake, seeing everyone's been rooting for it...I can totally ignore the organic outer form if I have to, as long as the story is good enough.

jena
7th October 2011, 03:16 PM
The organic/animal theme with BW puts off people at first

Yep, that's what puts me off. I like the vehicles. Simple as that.

Tetsuwan Convoy
7th October 2011, 03:27 PM
Which Transformers have been known to eat humans?

Over bite likes to swim through drowning fleshlings... perhaps he likes to munch on them as he goes through?

kup
7th October 2011, 04:26 PM
Has the IDW TPB been released that has the issue with Impactor having lunch with Megatron at a diner?

Lol I know how that sounds but those who may know the answer would understand what I am talking about ;)

GoktimusPrime
7th October 2011, 04:31 PM
That's exactly what has put me off: organic...I just love seeing pure metal all the time,

The Transformers themselves aren't organic, they just transform into organic looking alt modes. They're robots in disguise. :) In the G1 comics the Dinobots were often frustrated at inactivity because Optimus Prime was very reluctant in letting them out because their alt modes didn't work as disguises. The Insecticons were able to mass-shift down to the size of insects, so that worked in their favour - people wouldn't notice that they were robotic insects unless you took a close look (much like the Insecticon in Revenge of the Fallen). But we had organic disguises in G1 too; i.e. Pretenders. In Anglophone continuity the Pretender shells were Transformer-sized, so were impractical as disguises on Earth -- so writers often took the Pretenders off-world to places inhabited by Transformer-sized humans like Femax ("Death by Snoo-Snoo!"). In Japanese continuity Pretenders were able to mass-shift themselves down to human size and wore human clothes, and were able to interact with people on Earth. Lander even dated a human woman!

The Beast Wars Transformers are like Alice in Revenge of the Fallen -- the organic alt mode is just disguises the true robot inside. Although IMO Beast Wars Transformers look way better than Alice -- one thing that bugs me about Alice is that she lacks any alt mode kibble in robot mode. One thing that makes a Transformer look like a TF to me is alt mode kibble in robot mode... she just morphs into this alien robot rather than shifting her parts around and transforming (in the conventional sense) into her robot mode. At least with BW TFs you can see their beast mode parts hanging off their robot modes, just as with vehicular Transformers you can see parts of cars and jets etc. around their robot bodies.

Spoiler: You do get robotic beast modes in Season 2 when they introduce Transmetals -- interestingly enough this idea was not well received by fans in Japan who insisted that they no longer looked like robots in disguise, hence in Beast Wars Neo Takara went back and gave almost all of the Transformers full organic beast modes.

More spoilers... of course the whole robot in disguise thing kinda flies out the window with the lack of realistic scaling between their beast modes -- especially the bugformers and Rattrap who are just gigantic. But the story introduces the beast modes as something they need to adapt to the environment (shields them from raw Energon radiation) rather than a disguise -- although in a few instances the disguise element works

Paulbot
7th October 2011, 04:31 PM
Has the IDW TPB been released that has the issue with Impactor having lunch with Megatron at a diner?

Lol I know how that sounds but those who may know the answer would understand what I am talking about ;)

No. Not yet.

blackoptimus
11th October 2011, 04:42 PM
Whats the best cleaning tool or method to clean Sticker residue of the chrome plastic on an original G1 Megatron? Would using a rubber ruin the chrome?

UltraMarginal
11th October 2011, 05:04 PM
There has been a thread about this recently, but on searching I can't find it.

I would suggest Eucalyptus oil, as a good fluid, I'd check first on a small area to make sure there are no adverse effects.

GoktimusPrime
11th October 2011, 11:39 PM
So who else has pre-ordered DOTM on DVD or Blu Ray? Or am I the only schmuck who's done so? :p

I put in a pre-order a week ago at JB Hi Fi. :)

KillinSpoon
11th October 2011, 11:41 PM
So who else has pre-ordered DOTM on DVD or Blu Ray? Or am I the only schmuck who's done so? :p

For some strange reason I don't think a preorder was necessary.

GoktimusPrime
11th October 2011, 11:54 PM
You're probably right. It certainly wasn't necessary with the last 2 movies (but I preordered them anyway)... I'm sure we'll be finding DOTM DVDs shelfwarming in bargain bins for $12 in 6 months' time. Ah well. :p

Arcee
12th October 2011, 12:24 AM
Whats the best cleaning tool or method to clean Sticker residue of the chrome plastic on an original G1 Megatron? Would using a rubber ruin the chrome?

There has been a thread about this recently, but on searching I can't find it.

I would suggest Eucalyptus oil, as a good fluid, I'd check first on a small area to make sure there are no adverse effects.

It's here:

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=12198

Yeah I've got eucalyptus oil. Haven't got time to try it though. I was told it stinks intensively...but as long as it works!

And btw I've tried the hair dryer...not...quite...effective in my experiment...anyway I still have my eucalyptus oil to test on...

tinyJazz
12th October 2011, 03:20 AM
Having no feelings makes Omega Supreme a prime suspect

oh my god, you're right! And none of the Autobots would be strong enough to stop him D: that monster.

Terrorcons (G1 or Energon) are possible suspects but I can't think of any particular examples. It'd have to be something with a beast mode surely. Kinda sounds like a Japanese thing. Maybe in Kiss Players?

Oh wait. Devastator "ate" a couple of extras in ROTF. Wouldn't be surprised if Ravage or Laserbeak or any Bayverse Con did this in the IDW comics.

Yeah, I have a feeling it was the Terrorcons, or at least G1 Rippersnapper. Those Bayverse bots are barbarians, I wouldn't put it past any of them either.

Yeah, I seem to vaguely remember the Megatron clones (Legion) from Kiss Players devouring human victims. Syao Syao is captured and about be be devoured before Hot Rodimus shows up... I think...

Uuhh, yeah, devoured :C I love how the author wanted to make the girls young teenagers, only until someone pointed out they wouldn't be old enough to drive a car did he change it.

Unicron 'ate' Daniel and Spike, and Animated Grimlock sort of ate Porter C Powell but spat him out again.

Kind of I guess, I meant the being eaten that results in death though.

Thanks for the responses guys. Anyone else know some examples?

OKAY Toy question this time.
Armada Red Alert has an hilarious sound chip. You know, "RED ALERT! WOOWOOWOO!"
Do the Japansese and Korean versions also have this chip? Does he say something different or is it just car noises and sirens?

GoktimusPrime
12th October 2011, 09:08 AM
But Omega Supreme's face window doesn't open... also, he does have feelings -- he just buries them deep and occasionally weeps after reminiscing with Optimus Prime. Most other times he's on the bottle. :p

jena
12th October 2011, 05:47 PM

I never bother with pre-orders anymore. Especially the online variant that never lives up to having it delivered on the release date. I'll just pick it up the day it comes out, after a little research on who has it cheaper :p

UltraMarginal
12th October 2011, 05:50 PM
waiting for the 2 disk special features release, and the release of the score... :(

Arcee
12th October 2011, 08:55 PM
waiting for the 2 disk special features release, and the release of the score... :(

Yeah same here. I've got the score in m4a but would really want it in "hard copy". Same with TF1. ROTF score is like everywhere but just can never find the 1st movie score.:(

UltraMarginal
12th October 2011, 09:26 PM
I don't think the first movie score was released in Australia. if I remember right I bought it off amazon.

GoktimusPrime
12th October 2011, 09:51 PM
You're right, it wasn't released here.

kup
13th October 2011, 12:48 AM
Be aware that the first Blu-Ray/DVD release of DOTM is very 'barebones' with no extras. They are clearly waiting to add extras on a 2nd release to make people buy a second copy.

Go to the 'Extras' section on this link for more info:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/52262/transformers-dark-of-the-moon/

liegeprime
13th October 2011, 03:51 PM
But Omega Supreme's face window doesn't open... also, he does have feelings -- he just buries them deep and occasionally weeps after reminiscing with Optimus Prime. Most other times he's on the bottle. :p

Yes it does. That's how Sunstorm got the jump on him, coz he opened his face window coz it was all smudgy from their fight.... DW comics

Seraphim Prime
13th October 2011, 06:47 PM
Be aware that the first Blu-Ray/DVD release of DOTM is very 'barebones' with no extras. They are clearly waiting to add extras on a 2nd release to make people buy a second copy.

Go to the 'Extras' section on this link for more info:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/52262/transformers-dark-of-the-moon/

That's the American editions. I have heard of no delay in the Aussie editions, although the special features will apparently only be on the Blu-Ray version, because that is all that Dreamworks has permitted Paramount to do. It should be noted that I got this info before Thor was released and at the time they mentioned that there would be a delay in the 3D version (of Thor) and to mention it to customers who might otherwise be offended at the idea of being charged twice. There was no mention of a later edition of Transformers.

GoktimusPrime
13th October 2011, 09:55 PM
Yes it does. That's how Sunstorm got the jump on him, coz he opened his face window coz it was all smudgy from their fight.... DW comics

I was just thinking about the toy. <shrug> But yeah, I suppose DW Omega Supreme could to do it. :)

canofwhoopass_87
19th October 2011, 09:25 AM
Anyone know if it was only original Takara G1's that could fire missiles/projectiles from their launchers? Or were the official chinese reissues able to as well?

Paul Agnew
19th October 2011, 11:54 AM
Anyone know if it was only original Takara G1's that could fire missiles/projectiles from their launchers? Or were the official chinese reissues able to as well?

Not too sure about the Chinese figures, but GiG's "Transformer" line could fire their (hilariously oversized for safety reasons) missiles. Though it can be debated if they were official "Transformers" or not. ;)

And speaking of questions, here's one that's been on my mind for a number of years:

The Transformers Armada cartoon is rather notorious for its music (and inspirational for later shows if nothing else), but there is one track in particular which leaves me perplexed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ4sMb66nAI (Cut to 1:21. It goes for a while)

Yes I know the animation is rather off-putting, and the song was played in other episodes (such as Optimus Prime and Megatron's final duel in "Mortal Combat"), but this is probably the best example online.

Question is, what is this? Was it a demo title theme never used, but had to be on the show (insert reason here)? Does it have a title? Was it composed by the same team?
Now don't get me wrong, as I happen to like it quite a lot (and wouldn't mind listening to a clean version of the track, hint-hint), but it feels odd in contrast to Armada's orchestra music.

Anyway, it was prominently featured on the Transformers Universe CD-ROM, so it's safe to assume as the intended theme for 2003's line of repaints original characters.

GoktimusPrime
19th October 2011, 08:38 PM
Wow... that sounds nothing like the original music score for that scene.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPe3rO5gYJw <---skip to 16:41
...and I'd forgotten just how awful the dubbing in Armada was... *shudder*

But anyway, it sounds similar to the music played in TF Armada toy adverts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L5LGd3l6n0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4b34MifYuw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWMvc3rWfk0

Hursticon
23rd October 2011, 06:47 PM
Is there a local online retailer that member's use to purchase comics?, living in the Illawarra; my only Brick 'n' Mortar options are at least a 90min drive away. :(

I'm looking to grab IDW's MTMTE and RID when they're released in January and would like to have a little retail knowledge before going into it. :)
(I don't want to wait for a TPB to be released, otherwise I'd just go via Book Depository :p)

Hursticon
23rd October 2011, 07:12 PM
Well, should've checked the Matrix - Resource Section (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=11615). :D

Still, which would be the preferred Online Retailer of members?

Arcee
23rd October 2011, 08:42 PM
Well, should've checked the Matrix - Resource Section (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=11615). :D

Still, which would be the preferred Online Retailer of members?

Try "classiccomicsmelbourne" at eBay store. I've never checked out their eBay store but been to their physical store and quite impressed. Their staff told me today that I can do all the preorder at theirs. And their pricing is quite ok.

Email them at classiccomics@ozemail.com.au or give them a call 0396637210. i didn't ask them details re preorders but apparently they are quite standardized in doing that (they have a form for you to fill in).

Btw I haven't checked out Matrix resources either so maybe this info's already in there :o

Arcee
23rd October 2011, 08:54 PM
Ah hah! And this one: www.comicsrus.com.au / comicsrus@bigpond.com

Again, never checked out their online store but I go there every week. They are always faster in getting in the new issues than all the other comics shops I go to but they are also more expensive. Not sure if they do preorder. Worth shooting them an email I guess.

You can always ask someone to pick up for you and mail through. I doubt the cost will be much different.

Hursticon
23rd October 2011, 08:56 PM
Try "classiccomicsmelbourne" at eBay store. I've never checked out their eBay store but been to their physical store and quite impressed. Their staff told me today that I can do all the preorder at theirs. And their pricing is quite ok.

Email them at classiccomics@ozemail.com.au or give them a call 0396637210. i didn't ask them details re preorders but apparently they are quite standardized in doing that (they have a form for you to fill in).

Btw I haven't checked out Matrix resources either so maybe this info's already in there :o

Cheers Arcee,
I think it might be in the resource section, at least a similarly named store is :p, but I'll take it under advisement anyway and I'll checkout their eBay store. :cool:

I've honestly never bought a comic book from a store, nor pre-ordered one for that matter so it's all a little new to me; it'd be a little easier if I had a store locally but the all malls around here prefer Make-up, Clothes and Jewellery... Hence why everyone has to travel to Sydney. :rolleyes:
("Come to the Illawarra; where choice is fantasy and variety is a foreign concept" :rolleyes::p)

Arcee
23rd October 2011, 09:28 PM
Cheers Arcee,
I think it might be in the resource section, at least a similarly named store is :p, but I'll take it under advisement anyway and I'll checkout their eBay store. :cool:

I've honestly never bought a comic book from a store, nor pre-ordered one for that matter so it's all a little new to me; it'd be a little easier if I had a store locally but the all malls around here prefer Make-up, Clothes and Jewellery... Hence why everyone has to travel to Sydney. :rolleyes:
("Come to the Illawarra; where choice is fantasy and variety is a foreign concept" :rolleyes::p)

You actually made me want to roll up my swag and go to Illawarra for a walk-about :D

Yeah I didn't know they can do preorder until today. Was on the lookout for liege so I told them about; they say if you live interstate you can definitely use their preorder and mail services. I thought I've grabbed a copy of their brochure but I can't find it anywhere at the moment :confused:

Yeah maybe ring them up or email. Or if you can wait, I can go there again and ask them for details but probably won't be till next week coz I'm tangling with my exam at this moment :o

Hursticon
23rd October 2011, 10:45 PM
You actually made me want to roll up my swag and go to Illawarra for a walk-about :D

Oh mate, unless you like corrupt councils and high unemployment?... :p:D
You're much better off visiting Bartrim and The_Damned's neck of the woods (South Coast); it's vastly better to look at and has just about as much shopping variety as the Illawarra. ;):cool:

Yeah I didn't know they can do preorder until today. Was on the lookout for liege so I told them about; they say if you live interstate you can definitely use their preorder and mail services. I thought I've grabbed a copy of their brochure but I can't find it anywhere at the moment :confused:

Yeah maybe ring them up or email. Or if you can wait, I can go there again and ask them for details but probably won't be till next week coz I'm tangling with my exam at this moment :o

Cheers for the info Arcee, I'll make some inquiries and I'll post my findings but if getting someone to grab them for me and posting them ends up being the easier option?; I'll let you know. ;):)

Aqua Prime
24th October 2011, 01:30 AM
Ah hah! And this one: www.comicsrus.com.au / comicsrus@bigpond.com

On a random note I went to Melb a few years back and stumbled across this store. Do they still sell G1's?

UltraMarginal
24th October 2011, 11:30 AM
Is there a local online retailer that member's use to purchase comics?, living in the Illawarra; my only Brick 'n' Mortar options are at least a 90min drive away. :(

I'm looking to grab IDW's MTMTE and RID when they're released in January and would like to have a little retail knowledge before going into it. :)
(I don't want to wait for a TPB to be released, otherwise I'd just go via Book Depository :p)

also in the matrix resource is the Kings comics website, they have a very good shop, and like Arcee, I've never shopped from them online but they do have a fairly extensive onlne site, they have previously also informed me that if they don't have something in stock the best way to get hold of it is through their online store as it also orders directly form their distributors if it's available. I have no idea what their postage charges are like.

You could try Comic Kingdom too but I've never been overly impressed with their shop and their website was woefully unkept last time I visitied it. You might also consider Phantom Zone, you could visit that shop when you come up to the parra fair, pick up an standing order every few months.

Hursticon
24th October 2011, 11:44 AM
also in the matrix resource is the Kings comics website, they have a very good shop, and like Arcee, I've never shopped from them online but they do have a fairly extensive onlne site, they have previously also informed me that if they don't have something in stock the best way to get hold of it is through their online store as it also orders directly form their distributors if it's available. I have no idea what their postage charges are like.

You could try Comic Kingdom too but I've never been overly impressed with their shop and their website was woefully unkept last time I visitied it. You might also consider Phantom Zone, you could visit that shop when you come up to the parra fair, pick up an standing order every few months.

Ah yes, I've heard quite a bit of positive things come out of Kings Comics; cheers UlatrMarginal ;), they're a little closer too so I'll have a look-see there as well. :cool:
(Good point with regards to the Parra Fair and Phantom Zone :D)

Arcee
24th October 2011, 12:55 PM
On a random note I went to Melb a few years back and stumbled across this store. Do they still sell G1's?

Do you mean the original Marvel issues? They do but obviously only a few left in stock and will only get fewer.

Their have all the TP (IDW and some Dreamwave) and the newest ongoing issues on the shelf. Then there's this separate stack that collects all the random single trades: Marvel, Dreamwave, earlier ongoings, movies, some G.I.Joe crossovers. All bits and pieces, you won't be able to find anything complete in that stack.

Paulbot
24th October 2011, 01:36 PM

I think he means the toys, and yes they still have some G1 TF toys but mostly reissues/encore and some newer things. (Plus some KOs in this display [not for sale] cabinets).

Arcee
24th October 2011, 01:56 PM
I think he means the toys, and yes they still have some G1 TF toys but mostly reissues/encore and some newer things. (Plus some KOs in this display [not for sale] cabinets).

Those are KOs??!! Woah...why do they keep them behind a locked glass and label them as not for sale...:confused:

Obviously they buy stuff from you too, provided you have some real big thing (or some real big KOs :confused:)

GoktimusPrime
24th October 2011, 03:12 PM
Yeah, I remember seeing loose original G1 toys sold at Comics R Us 10 years ago (damn it's been that long now??) -- there was also a record shop in Camberwell that had HEAPS of G1s. Also Animezone in Box Hill, but they were freakin' pricey... :(

Ah... memories...

Paulbot
24th October 2011, 04:10 PM
Those are KOs??!! Woah...why do they keep them behind a locked glass and label them as not for sale...:confused:

Obviously they buy stuff from you too, provided you have some real big thing (or some real big KOs :confused:)

Last time I looked, they still had a a gestalt and 'Shockwave' in the cabinet by the stairs that have never looked legit. The actual for sale stuff all looks fine at a glance.

I've never tried selling anything to them. I get the feeling that selling on eBay would get a better return.

Aqua Prime
24th October 2011, 05:19 PM

Last time I looked, they still had a a gestalt and 'Shockwave' in the cabinet by the stairs that have never looked legit. The actual for sale stuff all looks fine at a glance.

I've never tried selling anything to them. I get the feeling that selling on eBay would get a better return.

Thanks for that Paul. If I'm ever in Melbourne again I'll add it back to the list to check out. I don't remember the prices back then, I was mainly in awe that somewhere was selling G1 toys, or at least apparently had them on display.

griffin
26th October 2011, 01:06 PM
Shelving query moved to its own topic here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=12328).

Autocon
31st October 2011, 11:48 PM
Is the green powerglide just a repaint or new character? Saw it advertised in the kmart catalogue

tinyJazz
1st November 2011, 12:14 AM
So nobody owns a Japanese or Korean release of Armada red alert then? :(

Is the green powerglide just a repaint or new character? Saw it advertised in the kmart catalogue

I thought it was someone else too, turns out it is just a Powerglide (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/in-package-image-of-transformers-dotm-cyberverse-ultimate-gift-set/22707/) repaint and not this guy (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Sky_Shadow_%28Universe%29).

Hursticon
1st November 2011, 12:22 AM
I thought it was someone else too, turns out it is just a Powerglide (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/in-package-image-of-transformers-dotm-cyberverse-ultimate-gift-set/22707/) repaint and not this guy (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Sky_Shadow_%28Universe%29).

Oh? :confused: - See, I'd of pegged that repaint to be an armage to Gobots: Bad Boy (http://www.tfu.info/Gobots/Renegades/BadBoy/badboy.htm)... :o
(Where's Hasbro's brain at with some of these repaints? :p)

Firestorm
3rd November 2011, 12:54 AM
since it seems that we wont be getting any more human aliance figures here :(
I'm thinking about buying them online.
so in everyone elses experience what site is best to buy from (postage time, cost, reliability, etc)

liegeprime
3rd November 2011, 01:09 AM
so in everyone elses experience what site is best to buy from (postage time, cost, reliability, etc)

Well Ive only bought from ebay, kapowtoys, bbts and RK but RK has been quite unreliable lately. So try BBTS you can always go for the pile of loot option and ship all your purchases in one go, but yeah postage cost wise they're a killer if it's for just 1 item, but, it works out still if you ship later later as in stock up you pile of loot and have it in one go. Im not that familiar with the other (amiami, or HLJ) so others may tell you from their experience.

AJ_Prime
3rd November 2011, 10:21 AM

I've recently won 3 bids on ebay for HA roadbuster and leadfoot for $55 each including postsge. Only wanted one set of each but was unsuccessful on bidding in previous weeks so decided to cover my bases and have 3 on the go at once. Who knew I'd win all 3?

So anyway once they arrive was going to put them up for sale on otca but would prob work out cheaper if local members purchased them to save on postage. I have no desire to profit from this but I doubt many ppl would want to pay 2 lots of postage. I could be wrong here and if so would be prepared to ship them to anyone outside of perth.

It would be a great opportunity to meet up with local members if anyone is interested. Will post more details once they arrive but will have 2 of each for sale.

theheretic
4th November 2011, 05:45 PM
Can you get a trailer for Hasbro 20th anniversary MP Optimus Prime? I know the Takara trailer would be fine BUT can you get it separate? If not are there after market/3rd party ones and what's good?

GoktimusPrime
4th November 2011, 11:55 PM
BUT can you get it separate?
Negative.

If not are there after market/3rd party ones and what's good?
Board rule #17 prohibits me from answering this question here but if you post this question in the Unauthorised Transformers Products (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=46) section then I'll be happy to answer you there. :)

LordCyrusOmega
6th November 2011, 07:00 PM
Can you get a trailer for Hasbro 20th anniversary MP Optimus Prime? I know the Takara trailer would be fine BUT can you get it separate? If not are there after market/3rd party ones and what's good?

You could check ebay. Someone bound to be selling one off peicemeal somewhere.

GoktimusPrime
7th November 2011, 09:38 PM
Okay, I found the twins in DOTM. :)

The scene where the Xanthium takes off with the exiled Autobots - we see a Decepticon jet shoot down the Xanthium. I've always assumed it was Starscream... TFwiki says it's Starscream. But 5FDP pointed out to me that this robot mode has blue bits on him! Does that make him Thundercracker?? Aside from the blue, we only see this Transformers speak in Cybertronian, thus we never hear Starscream's voice (granted he only sounds like that when he speaks English -- his Cybertronian voice sounds generic). But then... he has alien tatts like Starscream. And later in the film when we see Starscream, he doesn't have any blue bits on his robot form.

So... does this mean that the Decepticon who shot down the Xanthium was Thundercracker (or maybe some other blue Decepticon... Dirge?), or was it Starscream who decided to go Smurfy when he shot down the Xanthium... maybe "Deep Space Starscream"? (sure beats Hasbro's Baby Blue) The jet mode looks completely like Starscream... the blue is only visible on his cheeks and I think a few other parts of the body - but it's subtle. The rest of the robot is still principally gray like Starscream. But Starscream is completely devoid of these blue highlights later in the film.

Here's some pics for comparison:
http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/b/b1/Starscreaminorbit.jpg <--BLUE CHEEKS!
http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/a/a8/DOTM_-_StarscreamSaw.jpg <--no blue!

Maybe Evil Betty from Kung Pow's up to his old tricks again and changing Starscream's colours... "Your face is blue!" :p

LordCyrusOmega
7th November 2011, 10:18 PM
I can't really see it Gok. There are differences but I can't make a proper desicion until I see the film again. If it is Thundercracker I'll need to pick him up. Same as the twins.
When do they appear?

GoktimusPrime
7th November 2011, 11:27 PM
When the Autobots roll into NEST HQ. I thought I saw them again briefly when the exiled Autobots were boarding the Xanthium, but it might have been Ratchet and Mirage (it was a far background shot).

Also... 5FDP and I had a bit of a debate over one piece of dialogue - which I've now solved after watching the movie with subtitles on (heh ;)). When Ratchet is leading a group toward one of the bridges, what does he say?
A) Target that bridge
B) Lower that bridge
C) Aim for that bridge
D) Mortar that bridge

Tell Eddie to lock an answer in, then click and drag to reveal the correct answer below!

Answer: D

(looks like we were both wrong, 5FDP :p)

LordCyrusOmega
8th November 2011, 10:40 PM
When the Autobots roll into NEST HQ. I thought I saw them again briefly when the exiled Autobots were boarding the Xanthium, but it might have been Ratchet and Mirage (it was a far background shot).

Just rewatched DOTM and I didn't see the twins. However you must have a sharp eye as I went on TFwiki and they were briefly in that scene you described. The picture it had shows Mudflap at the back of the convoy.

I think it was Starscream and not Thundercracker you were talking about earlier as Starscream does seem to have some blue below his cheek 'bones'. It may have been more pronounced due to lighting or because it was night.

Skullcruncher
9th November 2011, 01:49 PM
Do any of the generations books have pages on decoys and TF Jr's?

I'm struggling to find good info particulary on peach decoy sets and well nearly anything to do with TF JR's - the tfwiki has some but its not enough, plances like tfw even have limited info in their resources section! :confused:

GoktimusPrime
9th November 2011, 02:25 PM
Just rewatched DOTM and I didn't see the twins. However you must have a sharp eye as I went on TFwiki and they were briefly in that scene you described. The picture it had shows Mudflap at the back of the convoy.
Not as sharp as others... people like Lord_Zed noticed it on their first viewing in the cinema -- I saw it twice in cinemas and once at liegeprime's place and failed to notice them (and the last two times I was trying to find them). Didn't notice it until my fourth or fifth viewing on DVD! :/ Yeah... blink and you'd miss 'em.

I think it was Starscream and not Thundercracker you were talking about earlier as Starscream does seem to have some blue below his cheek 'bones'. It may have been more pronounced due to lighting or because it was night.
It's not just the cheeks but parts of the chest and stuff too... 5FDP first pointed this out to me when we were watching it at liegeprime's place. We freeze-framed it and everyone was like, "Wwhhoooaaa..." ;)

Do any of the generations books have pages on decoys and TF Jr's?

I'm struggling to find good info particulary on peach decoy sets and well nearly anything to do with TF JR's - the tfwiki has some but its not enough, plances like tfw even have limited info in their resources section! :confused:
Alas my Generations book was lost. :( But IIRC there wasn't much comprehensive info on either.

This site (http://www.vega.or.jp/~butto/tfcollejr.htm) has lots of stuff on Transformers Junior. I'll LYK if I find anything comprehensive on Decoys.

Skullcruncher
9th November 2011, 03:34 PM
Alas my Generations book was lost. :( But IIRC there wasn't much comprehensive info on either.

This site (http://www.vega.or.jp/~butto/tfcollejr.htm) has lots of stuff on Transformers Junior. I'll LYK if I find anything comprehensive on Decoys.

Thanks Goktimus - yeah that site is probably the best I have come across. :)

tinyJazz
9th November 2011, 05:09 PM

This.

It's not just the cheeks but parts of the chest and stuff too... 5FDP first pointed this out to me when we were watching it at liegeprime's place. We freeze-framed it and everyone was like, "Wwhhoooaaa..." ;)

It's just lighting on the model. One likely explaination could be coloured shadows ie. Yellow light = blue shadows, orange light = purple shadows, and apparently green light = red shadows. It's colour theory.

Also it could possibly be blue bounce light. If you hold a blue ball next to a white piece of paper and you should see blue reflected on the paper (it's probably best to try this with natural light.)

If you have the animated almanac, either 1 or 2 I forget, there's a lighting chart for bumblebee's model, I'm pretty sure there's a nightlit one, now it may not be blue, but it's certainly a cold colour (I'm going off memory here because I don't know where my copy is)
Obviously it's different for 2D but the same theory applies to lighting 3D models.

Honestly, I think the cheeks look blue in the second pic anyway.

Bartrim
9th November 2011, 05:43 PM
This.

It's just lighting on the model. One likely explaination could be coloured shadows ie. Yellow light = blue shadows, orange light = purple shadows, and apparently green light = red shadows. It's colour theory.

Also it could possibly be blue bounce light. If you hold a blue ball next to a white piece of paper and you should see blue reflected on the paper (it's probably best to try this with natural light.)

If you have the animated almanac, either 1 or 2 I forget, there's a lighting chart for bumblebee's model, I'm pretty sure there's a nightlit one, now it may not be blue, but it's certainly a cold colour (I'm going off memory here because I don't know where my copy is)
Obviously it's different for 2D but the same theory applies to lighting 3D models.

Honestly, I think the cheeks look blue in the second pic anyway.

Come on now tinyjazz there is no place for your common sense here in a Transformers discussion:p

tinyJazz
9th November 2011, 07:27 PM
Come on now tinyjazz there is no place for your common sense here in a Transformers discussion:p

Oh, uh sorry! I mean, Thundercracker isn't enough of a tool to get tribal tattoos on his face, it's definitely Starscream, bro. :cool:

GoktimusPrime
9th November 2011, 11:09 PM
So Deep Space(R) Starscream(TM) it is then. ;)

Decoys!! (http://www.tfu.info/subgroup/decoys.htm)

tinyJazz
9th November 2011, 11:18 PM
Decoys!! (http://www.tfu.info/subgroup/decoys.htm)

I have a bunch of peach decoys, but the ones on TFU are all red, and they all say these were never recoloured. :/ Are the peach ones genuine then?

GoktimusPrime
9th November 2011, 11:59 PM
From TFwiki (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Decoy#Takara):

Takara followed up these sets with two more, this time rendering both factions in a uniform peach coloration. These two "Mini Mini Collection" sets consisted of Inferno, Tracks, Grapple, Jazz, Ironhide, Ratchet, Grimlock, Hoist, Sludge, Slag and Swoop in the Autobot set, and Thundercracker, Skywarp, Starscream, Shrapnel, Bombshell, Reflector, Soundwave, Megatron, Blitzwing, Kickback and Ravage in the Decepticon set, each with an orange launcher. More peach figures were randomly packed in groups on blister cards with launchers, and in different box sets like the "Water Gun Set" or the "Scramble Gun Set", in which they were packaged with the titular role-play weapons and large full-color vinyl figures of other characters like Optimus Prime, Ultra Magnus and Metroplex.
Piccies!
http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/b/b4/Cybertron_vs_destron_decoy_set.jpg
http://www.mandarake.co.jp/information/2011/05/08/21nkn05/p1.jpg
http://www.mandarake.co.jp/information/2009/05/21/21fko03/p1.jpg

Skullcruncher
10th November 2011, 09:47 AM
I have a bunch of peach decoys, but the ones on TFU are all red, and they all say these were never recoloured. :/ Are the peach ones genuine then?

Yes most likely! They are a lot less common than the red and purples :cool:

From TFwiki (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Decoy#Takara):

Piccies!
http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/b/b4/Cybertron_vs_destron_decoy_set.jpg
http://www.mandarake.co.jp/information/2011/05/08/21nkn05/p1.jpg
http://www.mandarake.co.jp/information/2009/05/21/21fko03/p1.jpg

Cheers thats the set I am needing well actually both Part 1 and Part 2 sets. Water gun set I posted a while ago in the g1 section and am working on the scramble gun set right now. The carded sets are a nitemare to find....

Bartrim
10th November 2011, 12:12 PM
Oh, uh sorry! I mean, Thundercracker isn't enough of a tool to get tribal tattoos on his face, it's definitely Starscream, bro. :cool:

Thats better bro:cool:

Tober
15th November 2011, 02:02 AM
Is the Asia exclusive Evac (http://www.etoysjapan.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=89&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=2063&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1) actually a deluxe Topspin or something else..?

Paulbot
15th November 2011, 07:23 AM
Is the Asia exclusive Evac (http://www.etoysjapan.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=89&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=2063&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1) actually a deluxe Topspin or something else..?

A new toy to tie in with the theme park ride. I believe there's going to be a legion class version too.

Tober
15th November 2011, 08:26 AM
Cool, thanks. :)

griffin
15th November 2011, 12:44 PM
It's assumed that there will be a Universal Studios limited edition version (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=12449) of the Dlx Class Evac toy... which might be hot property when it is finally released. (and for those planning on going there, perhaps wait until that figure is produced and available)

GoktimusPrime
16th November 2011, 09:02 PM
Where are the best places in Hong Kong to find Generations Sky Shadow & Junkheap and/or Transformers Prime First Edition toys atm?

Thank you

Paulbot
21st November 2011, 01:03 PM
Has Deluxe Leadfoot actually been released by Hasbro in the US (or HK)?

I found an ebay listing for a Takara version (single figure with no Target logo) but can't find anything to say if that Target exclusive Hasbro deluxe ever appeared anywhere.

Hursticon
23rd November 2011, 01:56 PM
How, for the love of all things sacred, do you get G1 Sixshot's bloody legs to unfold? :confused:
I just can't figure it out as I can't find any locking buttons or anything and I'm having to exert so much force that my fingers are literally at breaking point and yet his legs still remain F#$%ing steadfast! :mad:

I am loving the hell out of this figure, he's huge and awesome and I thoroughly thank Whoopy for him - But bloody hell! :rolleyes::p

Hursticon
23rd November 2011, 02:16 PM
Hooray! :eek::D

I just figured out what I was doing wrong; it turns out that one has to slide the halves of the leg assembly away from each other, so that the outer-most edges of the purple lower leg portions are able to clear the turquoise hip section - allowing for the lower leg portions to rotate out properly. :cool:

The solution was right in front of me all along... how unsurprising. :rolleyes::p

5FDP
23rd November 2011, 02:40 PM
Just a suggestion Hursti (you may be doing this already), try youtube when attempting to transform a figure for the first time. I find it a lot easier than the instructions with their coloured arrows.

Hursticon
23rd November 2011, 03:36 PM
Just a suggestion Hursti (you may be doing this already), try youtube when attempting to transform a figure for the first time. I find it a lot easier than the instructions with their coloured arrows.

Indeed, it's a very wise suggestion and it's one that I do employ whenever I get stuck which does happen occasionally but with regards to this situation; annoyingly the 3 videos I found and watched either had him already in Bot mode or rather than showing the transformation they had just cut to the various modes :rolleyes: - I couldn't catch a break. :p

Really, all it took was a little patience and keeping my one's eyes open; something I can forget to do from time to time. :o

uteiki
23rd November 2011, 03:41 PM
Has Deluxe Leadfoot actually been released by Hasbro in the US (or HK)?

I found an ebay listing for a Takara version (single figure with no Target logo) but can't find anything to say if that Target exclusive Hasbro deluxe ever appeared anywhere.

hi Paul

I don't think the Hasbro deluxe is released yet. Takara released their deluxe redfoot only last Fri in Japan.

tinyJazz
24th November 2011, 05:24 AM
Whoever said that Jazz was 'head' of Special Ops?

I don't recall any of his bios stating that he's the head of any special ops division for the Autobots... so I don't think he had any subordinates in that capacity. His Japanese tech specs bio (http://sig-yan.web.infoseek.co.jp/japaspe/trf/t06.html) lists Jazz's (Meister's) function as 副官 which is equivalent to a Staff Sergeant or Warrant Officer - basically acting as Optimus Prime's second in command. While that does place him in a position of authority, it's not explicitly as the head of a special operations division, but more as an officer of the Autobot forces in general - which is pretty much how the early episodes of G1 portrayed Jazz anyway.

But in the comics Jazz worked more as a special agent; at times he would might lead a team (e.g. "Man of Iron"), other times he would operate alone (e.g. "DIS-Integrated Circuits!"). But yeah, he wasn't portrayed as something like an MI6 boss or anything like that. ;)

You know I could have sworn I read it somewhere and... Oh oh oh! I found it!

Jazz (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Jazz_%28G1%29) is Optimus Prime's right-hand man. Unlike Prowl, Prime's military strategist, Jazz responds well to change and improvisation. Whatever surprises the Decepticons spring, Jazz can deal with it. His position as Special Operations head calls for all the skills he possesses.

Haha, I knew I wasn't making things up. :D I mean, it's quite possible that TFwiki is, but I think they're pretty reliable.

Also, do you have an answer for my original question of: who else is in Autobot special operations, if you feel so inclined that is? I know I'm digging this discussion up from a while back. (you can tell me, I'm not a spy). ;)

Ode to a Grasshopper
24th November 2011, 08:54 AM
Given the loose command structure of the Autobots I'd assume it would just be like 'This is a Special Operation, take whoever has the powers you need. Oh, and Spike and Bumblebee of course.'
But that's just a guess based on my impression of the G1 cartoon.

GoktimusPrime
24th November 2011, 11:21 AM
Given the loose command structure of the Autobots I'd assume it would just be like 'This is a Special Operation, take whoever has the powers you need. Oh, and Spike and Bumblebee of course.'
I'm inclined to agree with this.

Recently we saw Jazz being stood down in his role as a Special Ops Agent... because the Autobots couldn't risk endangering their already tenious publicity by deploying Jazz on a special mission after he killed a police officer (in "Burning Chrome"). So instead Ultra Magnus, Prowl, Streetwise and several Skywatch went on the mission (then Jazz went rogue with Kyle Pennington on their own unauthorised special mission ;)) ("A Second Chance At Eden")

Cat
24th November 2011, 12:19 PM
Goktimus, this thread IS labelled for newbies and others to ask questions.

You've just spoiled a critical moment of a recent IDW arc, that I KNOW at least a few people still haven't read it.

GoktimusPrime
24th November 2011, 12:57 PM
Oh I do apologise! Spoiler tagged! :eek:

(I posted that last one in a hurry)

Verno
25th November 2011, 01:44 PM
When we see Ravage in Beast Wars, he has the ability of invisibility. Did he possess this ability in his cassette form in G1?

GoktimusPrime
25th November 2011, 02:08 PM
In G1 Ravage has the ability to be nigh-invisible in the cover of darkness. Nothing to do with having a cloaking device or anything, he basically had ninja-like stealth.

Paulbot
25th November 2011, 02:10 PM
When we see Ravage in Beast Wars, he has the ability of invisibility. Did he possess this ability in his cassette form in G1?

Not quite, he could "virtually escape detection -- emits an electromagnetic emmission shield, has soundless walk, disappears in subdued light or shadow." but it wasn't the same Predator-style cloak he has in BW, he was just hard to see in the dark because he was black.

Hursticon
25th November 2011, 02:34 PM
In G1 Ravage has the ability to be nigh-invisible in the cover of darkness. Nothing to do with having a cloaking device or anything, he basically had ninja-like stealth.

Not quite, he could "virtually escape detection -- emits an electromagnetic emmission shield, has soundless walk, disappears in subdued light or shadow." but it wasn't the same Predator-style cloak he has in BW, he was just hard to see in the dark because he was black.

I hear the sounds of upgrades... :D

Verno
25th November 2011, 02:37 PM

Thank you, Gentlemen.

I hear the sounds of upgrades...

Just wrapping up the story now. Check the thread ;)

GoktimusPrime
25th November 2011, 04:23 PM
I hear the sounds of upgrades... :D
Pretty much. :)

BW Ravage is Ravage of the future, and having gotten himself rebuilt as a Predacon it makes sense that he'd upgrade his stealth abilities too. Whereas G1 Ravage's stealth really only worked when he was covered in darkness, BW Ravage's cloaking device allows him to remain invisible even in direct light.

Here's a pic of Ravage leaping out of the shadows and striking at Mirage (http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/2/20/LastStand-Ravage.jpg). In the G1 episode "More Than Meets The Eye Part 2" there's a scene where Soundwave and Ravage are escaping from the Autobots' base (after having hacked into Teletraan-1) -- Ravage eluded the Autobots for a while by going into darkness, but they managed to find him thanks to Gears' infra-red searchlight. ;) video link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iG3EKBeOVs&feature=player_detailpage#t=305s) <--5:05 to 5:50 :)

Verno
25th November 2011, 04:28 PM
How big do you recon Ravage is? In that pic he looks to be comparably sized to Mirage. But I recall somewhere seeing in a TF/GI Joe cross-over him on a leash held by the Baroness.

-Edit-

Not to mention he can shrink to the size of a cassette :rolleyes:

GoktimusPrime
25th November 2011, 04:56 PM
Eh... Transformers sizes varied wildly in G1, so there really is bugger all consistency. So umm... just pick one. :p

Verno
26th November 2011, 08:53 AM
Can he talk? :p

Hursticon
26th November 2011, 12:25 PM
Can he talk? :p

LOL, which continuity to you want to talk about? :p:D

Hurstyverse: I'd say yes but via an internal communicator of some sort rather than out-spoken words; like a telepathy but not, more so via encrypted radio waves which is why Soundwave was required. ;):cool:
(This would also work in hand with his whole 'stealthiness' aspect IMO)

bowspearer
26th November 2011, 01:59 PM
LOL, which continuity to you want to talk about? :p:D

Actually he spoke in every single G1 continuity, however it only happened once in the cartoon. You can see that here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1YNonUHzbo) from 8:22.

Hursticon
26th November 2011, 02:12 PM
Actually he spoke in every single G1 continuity, however it only happened once in the cartoon. You can see that here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1YNonUHzbo) from 8:22.

Yeah, I knew about him having that 1 line in the cartoon but as the levels of consistency with the G1 Cartoon are rather suspect, so too the level of animation errors, I prefer to ignore this instance but I know that the majority wouldn't agree with this stance. ;):)

Quickstrike
26th November 2011, 04:13 PM
Ravage is the first Transformer that says anything in the Marvel comics!

GoktimusPrime
26th November 2011, 07:16 PM
Yup. Ravage most certainly did talk in G1. In fact it was Ravage's counsel that snapped Shockwave out of his stupor after his mind went berko in the Time Wars (Shockwave's mind is prone to going mental when he encounters an illogical paradox which he cannot compute). Ravage's voice in the G1 cartoon sounds nothing like he does in Beast Wars -- but hey, considering that he got a whole new body, perhaps he also changed his vocal circuits for that sexy Russian "So Mister Bond" villain voice. ;)

Cat
27th November 2011, 01:54 AM
Repeat ALL the things already said!

autobreadticon
28th November 2011, 03:53 PM
Any1 planning on adding NYCC TF Prime Arcee into their classicverse collection? would like some opinions, cheers

GoktimusPrime
28th November 2011, 04:54 PM
Not that I have NYCC TF Prime Arcee, but hypothetically speaking if I did, I wouldn't. The reason is because she's a TF Prime toy (irrespective of G1 inspired colours) and I wouldn't lump TF Prime with CHUGUR.

If I did lump TF Prime with CHUGUR, then yes, I would include NYCC Arcee as my Classicsverse Arcee.

I can see reasons for and against including and excluding TF Prime from CHUGUR.
Reason For: "WFC" Generations figures are already included in CHUGUR and TF Prime is meant to be in the same "Aligned" continuity as WFC. Thus there is canonical evidence (even if it is shoe-horned by Hasbro) to support the inclusion of TF Prime with CHUGUR.
Reason Against: TF Prime's visual aesthetics looks very different from CHUGUR and doesn't look like they belong together. Also the combining of WFC/FOC + TF Prime continuities as a single continuity by Hasbro is kinda forced... many fans see them as separate continuity entities -- and if so, may feel inclined to set their TF Prime toys aside from their CHUGUR figures.

So I think it depends on whether or not I'd want to include or exclude TF Prime from CHUGUR... and while I don't have any TF Prime toys yet, my gut instinct is to exclude them. They just don't feel/look like Classicsverse to me at all (more like a movieverse-Animated hybrid).

I see no reason to include NYCC Arcee and exclude other TF Prime figures from Classicsverse based purely on her G1 inspired colours. Would you include G1 coloured movieverse toys in with your G1 collection? (e.g. G1 coloured Jazz, Rescue Ratchet etc.) Or would you include movieverse coloured G1 toys into your movieverse collection? (e.g. Protect Ironhide, Emergency Ratchet etc.) -- I don't know about you, but my Movieverse Legends Rescue Ratchet is placed firmly among my Movieverse toys, and my Protect Ironhide and Emergency Ratchet are among my G1 toys. I don't mix 'em around.

Maybe it's just me, but I would certainly never repurpose NYCC Arcee as Classicsverse Arcee. If I were playing with my Classicsverse toys and I really wanted to have an Arcee in there, I'd use Animated Arcee. She's the closest toy there is (that's licensed) to a G1 Arcee.

Ideally I'd like to see Hasbro give us a proper Classicsverse Arcee... no idea why they haven't already done it... is if it wouldn't sell like hot cakes!

Ode to a Grasshopper
28th November 2011, 09:38 PM
From a less ideological viewpoint: nah, not interested. As Goki says she doesn't really fit the G1/classics look since Prime is more part Animated and part Bayverse. If I find a cheap one someday I might repaint it into a fembot Junkion but G1 Arcee she ain't in her plastic form.
To date the best G1-esque Arcees are either 3rd party (I don't have any) or Animated Arcee (which is a pretty sweet toy).

GoktimusPrime
28th November 2011, 11:18 PM
I don't have any 3rd Party Arcees either, but I have seen them IRL and IMHO I find Animated Arcee to be a superior toy hands down. 3P Arcees look more G1-accurate, but I find them to be craphouse action figures (just too darn fragile! Yesterday I dropped Generations Scourge from a 2m height (it was an accident while I was playing with him in the park jungle gym ;) :p) and he's just fine... I wonder if Delicate Warrior could take such punishment).

...and this is all without factoring in price difference!

griffin
28th November 2011, 11:32 PM
Any Arcee that's not a car wouldn't fit in Classic-verse anyway, as Classic-verse toys are pretty good with homaging the original version of the character, by way of a related, more-modern, or exact alt-mode.
The only Arcee that would even come close to my Classic-verse shelf would be Animated Arcee. If they gave it a Gen1 head (say, if Fun-Pub did one for BotCon), I think that would work.

tinyJazz
29th November 2011, 05:05 AM
I agree with griffin on this one, the alt mode and aesthetic don't really match up. I don't have my collection out for comparison, but she certainly looks way out of place next to RTS Jazz. That said, NYCC Arcee really does look great on display as a TF Prime figure, although I'm probably biased because it's pink lol.

As far as displaying goes, I'd say delicate warrior is the superior Arcee. She looks like she jumped right out of the cartoon, also dem sexy legs. She's capable of a lot of great action poses too thanks to the engineering in her hips, but you know, be gentle, display piece n all.

If you collect transformers to throw them off jungle gyms, then yes, get TFA Arcee and certainly not an NYCC exclusive or an expensive third party product.

Paul Agnew
29th November 2011, 09:10 AM
I don't think the first movie score was released in Australia. if I remember right I bought it off amazon.

Understood it's been a few months, but I'd like to make a correction. The first movie score definitely was released here, but only available on Big W's website. About $33 if memory serves well. ;)

blackoptimus
30th November 2011, 06:58 PM
Is there gonna be a Hasbro MP-10?

liegeprime
30th November 2011, 11:09 PM
I don't have any 3rd Party Arcees either, but I have seen them IRL and IMHO I find Animated Arcee to be a superior toy hands down. 3P Arcees look more G1-accurate, but I find them to be craphouse action figures (just too darn fragile! Yesterday I dropped Generations Scourge from a 2m height (it was an accident while I was playing with him in the park jungle gym ;) :p) and he's just fine... I wonder if Delicate Warrior could take such punishment).

...and this is all without factoring in price difference!

Well she aint called "delicate" warrior for nuthin:p. though I guess she'd still be ok rather than valkyrie, which is craptacularly fragile plastic as - though it fits better in G1 shelf than Chugur - Delicate warrior I feel belongs to Chugur ( not that I have DW - I do have Valk) shelf. Im just basing this as Ive handled both with Deceptic Optics bringing DW before at the fairs.

Cat
1st December 2011, 12:57 AM
Is there gonna be a Hasbro MP-10?

No definite word, but I think it's a pretty safe assumption.

I just wouldn't expect the trailer (so basically a release like MP Hot Rod).

UltraMarginal
1st December 2011, 09:03 AM
Understood it's been a few months, but I'd like to make a correction. The first movie score definitely was released here, but only available on Big W's website. About $33 if memory serves well. ;)

I never knew! I would have bought it there if I had.

On a related note, has anyone heard anything more about the score from the 3rd movie? I heard a rumour months ago that it would be released towards the end of the year around the time of the DVD. Since then though I haven't heard anything.

5FDP
1st December 2011, 09:06 AM
I never knew! I would have bought it there if I had.

On a related note, has anyone heard anything more about the score from the 3rd movie? I heard a rumour months ago that it would be released towards the end of the year around the time of the DVD. Since then though I haven't heard anything.

The last thing I heard was that it was going to be packaged with the movie - can't remember if this was bluray / DVD or both :confused: It was made available on iTunes a while ago so I have a copy of it. If we don't see it before the end of the year, I doubt it will be released.

UltraMarginal
1st December 2011, 02:17 PM

The last thing I heard was that it was going to be packaged with the movie - can't remember if this was bluray / DVD or both :confused: It was made available on iTunes a while ago so I have a copy of it. If we don't see it before the end of the year, I doubt it will be released.

:(
I much prefer to have a hard copy of things like this. I don't even know if my iTunes account is still active. (that's how often I use it:D)

Hopefully it gets here, I don't think it's been released in a hard copy overseas yet either.

bowspearer
6th December 2011, 11:34 AM
Does anyone know if there's a site or torrent download with high quality copies of Toy commercials (roughly around the 7-14Mb/ad mark; Tfarchive's copies aren't at the level of quality I'm looking for)?

Also does anyone know what the state of play with the masters for the commercials is? Does Hasbro have them archived or is it a case of pot luck in terms of finding good quality versions of them?

UltraMarginal
6th December 2011, 12:26 PM
Does anyone know if there's a site or torrent download with high quality copies of Toy commercials (roughly around the 7-14Mb/ad mark; Tfarchive's copies aren't at the level of quality I'm looking for)?

Also does anyone know what the state of play with the masters for the commercials is? Does Hasbro have them archived or is it a case of pot luck in terms of finding good quality versions of them?

I think a lot of the masters are lost to the winds, I recall hearing that a lot of the footage used in the g1 box sets was actually submitted by fans who had old VHS copies. don't quote me on this but I think that's the case.

bowspearer
6th December 2011, 12:49 PM
I think a lot of the masters are lost to the winds, I recall hearing that a lot of the footage used in the g1 box sets was actually submitted by fans who had old VHS copies. don't quote me on this but I think that's the case.

Bummer. Hopefully someone restores them and sells them in a DVD format someday. I'm sure I'm not alone in being willing to lay down good money for something like that.

Cat
6th December 2011, 06:49 PM

That's correct.

Hursticon
6th December 2011, 08:41 PM
That's correct.

It's what I heard too, there are some rather decent quality examples on Youtube mind you; some of the old school Takara one's for Diaclone are just magic! :D

Arcee
6th December 2011, 09:59 PM
That's correct.

That's so sad. And now we are paying like $100 on that remastered box set.:( Did they actually think the series's dead and discarded the valuable tapes themselves??

Cat
6th December 2011, 11:14 PM
Honestly, who would have predicted that lines this would last, and that there'd be SUCH an active and rabid fan-base craving this material.

These were ads. They were done to sell a given product at a given time.

Who'd have known that approaching 30 years later, the line would be bigger than ever, and be so much more than a boys toy line with a few years of shelf life before moving on to the next fad?

We're lucky, in a way, to have what we do have, even if it's not in the best condition.

GoktimusPrime
7th December 2011, 11:22 AM
The front cover of G1 #1 said #1 in a four-issue limited series - and the front cover of the final issue of G1#80 IN A FOUR ISSUE LIMITED SERIES (http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/f/f7/MarvelUS-80.jpg) :D :)

I remember getting all sad and choked up when that issue came out... and as tragic as it was to see the G1 comics ending, it was also pretty cool for them to remind us that it was initially intended to be a brief four-issue comic to promote the toys, but popularity had allowed it to survive up to 80 issues (or 332 issues in the UK). And of course, 20 years after the comic series was axed, fans petitioned IDW to allow Furman to write #81 which comes out next year. Can't wait! :D

bowspearer
7th December 2011, 12:09 PM
Who'd have known that approaching 30 years later, the line would be bigger than ever, and be so much more than a boys toy line with a few years of shelf life before moving on to the next fad?

Anyone studying mythology :p.

Hursticon
7th December 2011, 07:05 PM
Anyone studying mythology :p.

No, but I do love the subject. :D

Verno
10th December 2011, 10:17 AM
I realise there is perhaps no difinitive answer to this question, but how tall are G1 bots in robot mode? Prime, Megs, Razorclaw, those kind of guys.

Paulbot
10th December 2011, 11:42 AM
I realise there is perhaps no difinitive answer to this question, but how tall are G1 bots in robot mode? Prime, Megs, Razorclaw, those kind of guys.

There isn't, but this might help since it has average height humans in scale with the bots and cons.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Image:Tfcartoonscaleguideic1.jpg

Verno
10th December 2011, 01:01 PM
There isn't, but this might help since it has average height humans in scale with the bots and cons.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Image:Tfcartoonscaleguideic1.jpg

Very helpful, cheers PB.

blackoptimus
14th December 2011, 03:46 PM
Does anybody know where the cheapest place to get DOTM Ultimate Optimus Prime at in retail? If so please provide price. Thank You.

UltraMarginal
14th December 2011, 10:17 PM
Does anybody know where the cheapest place to get DOTM Ultimate Optimus Prime at in retail? If so please provide price. Thank You.

I think it's Target, but I can't remember the price, it's on sale for about 60 or 70 at the moment.

Dkaris
15th December 2011, 01:22 AM
Back when Jetwing prime and ultimate prime were announced, I thought there was another new prime coming out, it looked a bit like jetwing without the huge win parts, maybe it looked more like prime did in ROTF when combined with jetfire. If what i saw is an actual figure does anyone know the name of it? this has been stumping me for about a week XD

Tober
15th December 2011, 05:19 AM
Back when Jetwing prime and ultimate prime were announced, I thought there was another new prime coming out, it looked a bit like jetwing without the huge win parts, maybe it looked more like prime did in ROTF when combined with jetfire. If what i saw is an actual figure does anyone know the name of it? this has been stumping me for about a week XD

Striker Optimus Prime (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/additional-looks-at-transformers-dsm-da28-striker-optimus-prime/23239/) maybe..?

I haven't been paying much attention to DotM stuff tho... :rolleyes:

GoktimusPrime
20th December 2011, 10:13 AM
Is DOTM Deluxe Optimus Prime able to attach to the original 1984 Optimus Prime's trailer?

Verno
20th December 2011, 06:10 PM
Can you make out any of the writing on this Gok?

http://transformers.winterchill.com/bwarch/beastwarscards/bwcard44b.jpghttp://transformers.winterchill.com/bwarch/beastwarscards/bwcard44f.jpg

They come from this link (http://transformers.winterchill.com/bwarch/beastwarscards/44.html).

Firestorm
20th December 2011, 08:28 PM
I think Q1 says "how long can the transformers on Erergoa (Pre-historic earth) remain in robot mode"

. 1 minutes 30 seconds
. 3 minutes
. 2 hours?

my Japanese isn't that great especially when it comes to Kanji

Goki-senpai, I'll leave it to you

GoktimusPrime
20th December 2011, 11:18 PM
"Energoa" (not 'Erergoa') :) <---that's what pre-historic Earth is called in the Japanese dub of Beast Wars.

Q2 asks "What is the name of the machine used by Predacon forces used for repairs?"
1. Regeneration Pod
2. Mechanic Man
3. Smelting Furnace NNK 3000

The rest of the card says:
----------------------------------------------
Length: 72m
Weight: 115t

As a dedicated warship it has rapid attack and escape capabilities, however is poor at turning.

Megatron's main battleship from where he commands Predacon forces. Also serves as headquarters after crash landing on Energoa. However, unable to fly again.

TERROR CRASHER
----------------------------------------------

Firestorm
20th December 2011, 11:33 PM
oops, i meant Energoa, :p

Dkaris
21st December 2011, 02:57 AM
will we get the first series of prime toys?

1orion2many
21st December 2011, 03:18 PM
Doesn't look like it, Just have to wonder is this Aus Hasbro fail or the U.S Hasbro considering us beneath their contempt:confused:

Cat
21st December 2011, 06:01 PM
I'd probably attribute it to retailers already being stuck with generally at least two lines on the shelves, if not more (DOTM, leftover Generations, RTS, PCC). And most still have a lot of DOTM product that isn't moving that well, compared to previous movie lines.

I doubt there was enough retailer interest in adding yet another line (new SKU's, more peg/shelf space etc) to warrant them, at this time.

1orion2many
21st December 2011, 11:48 PM
I know one of the Toyworld owners who orders every TF wave through the Hasbro rep but doesn't receive them all so it may not be the retailers. If there seems to be a limit of a wave he seems to miss out until they get more in, which may be months down the track. I still point the finger at Hasbro in general but it is a business and you always look after your large clients first which I guess Australia isn't one of them:rolleyes:

blackoptimus
22nd December 2011, 11:35 PM
This might sound like a stupid question but for the DOTM voyagers, if the mechtech weapons are locked out for too long, like ages maybe even years in display, could it risk them getting damaged?

GoktimusPrime
23rd December 2011, 08:56 AM
The springs may be worn.

Q: Can DOTM Deluxe Optimus Prime attach to the original G1 Optimus Prime's trailer?
(come on, surely someone owns a DoTM Dlx Optimus Prime here!)

canofwhoopass_87
23rd December 2011, 09:54 AM
Anyone here ever have Transformers stuff (valued and declared at over $1000) shipped to them from overseas?

How does the process work? Forms to fill out, taxes to pay etc?

Anyone been through this nutty process before?

1orion2many
23rd December 2011, 11:36 AM
Many years ago Grasshopper before GST I went over the tax threshold with a Fort Max, It cost me a whopping $250.00 + $90.00 postage at the time. I had to go to the post office and pay the tax before they released the parcel to me which I might add was $150.00 extra for a $250.00 toy :eek:

canofwhoopass_87
23rd December 2011, 01:26 PM
Well hot dog

griffin
23rd December 2011, 02:00 PM
I was once sent a notice in the mail saying that an item was being held, and had to pay duty to release it. That was many years ago though, as I'm usually more careful with the threshhold now.

GoktimusPrime
23rd December 2011, 05:42 PM
Does anyone know where I can download any Transformer voices for my Tomtom?? I found some really crappy sounding fake ones... like Optimus Prime voices which just sound like someone wearing the Optimus Prime voice changer helmet and saying stuff. *sigh*

blackoptimus
27th December 2011, 06:14 PM
Has anyone bought an animated deluxe from takara tomy and not got a collectors card? I got bumblebee and just opened him today and I can't find the card. It's meant to be taped to the card but there is nothing and I didn't see anything fall out.

canofwhoopass_87
27th December 2011, 07:14 PM
Does anyone know where I can download any Transformer voices for my Tomtom?? I found some really crappy sounding fake ones... like Optimus Prime voices which just sound like someone wearing the Optimus Prime voice changer helmet and saying stuff. *sigh*

Haha I doubt it very much. My cousin had a terrible Homer Simpson turn by turn GPS voiceover so I know EXACTLY what you mean when you're describing the crappy Optimus one you downloaded.

It should also be noted that only Peter Cullens booming, deep n husky voice can truly be worthy of telling me when to exit from the freeway.

tinyJazz
28th December 2011, 02:41 AM
Has anyone bought an animated deluxe from takara tomy and not got a collectors card? I got bumblebee and just opened him today and I can't find the card. It's meant to be taped to the card but there is nothing and I didn't see anything fall out.

The Hong Kong versions don't come with collector game cards. Same with United and Alternity (no comics). This is not the case with Henkei though.

Robotkingdom sources the HK versions, the Japanese online retailers and usually BBTS source the JP versions. The toy is exactly the same, just no card. I assume because they can only be used in Japanese arcades.

Which reminds me, anyone want to sell me a TFA Jazz game card? :p

blackoptimus
28th December 2011, 03:45 AM
Oh thanks so much, that really helped.

The Hong Kong versions don't come with collector game cards. Same with United and Alternity (no comics). This is not the case with Henkei though.

Robotkingdom sources the HK versions, the Japanese online retailers and usually BBTS source the JP versions. The toy is exactly the same, just no card. I assume because they can only be used in Japanese arcades.

Which reminds me, anyone want to sell me a TFA Jazz game card? :p

theheretic
28th December 2011, 08:03 AM
The springs may be worn.

Q: Can DOTM Deluxe Optimus Prime attach to the original G1 Optimus Prime's trailer?
(come on, surely someone owns a DoTM Dlx Optimus Prime here!)

I've got 2 different "version" of dotm dlx op but they are sealed in an impenetrable prison of minty freshness known only as...... Their original packaging!

GoktimusPrime
28th December 2011, 08:40 AM
I've got 2 different "version" of dotm dlx op but they are sealed in an impenetrable prison of minty freshness known only as...... Their original packaging!
...that doesn't really answer my question. :(

I'm only interested in this toy if it's compatible with the original G1 Optimus Prime trailer, otherwise I really do NOT need another movie Optimus Prime toy :rolleyes:

Seraphim Prime
28th December 2011, 12:25 PM
Anyone here ever have Transformers stuff (valued and declared at over $1000) shipped to them from overseas?

Done international shipping a few times, but mostly on small packages from Book Depository, or around $400 from Robot Kingdom. The only other majore lot I got was around $950 from BBTS, as I aimed to ensure my Pile of Loot was under $1000 including shipping.

The Australian Government actually have a detailed guideline oh how the duties and taxes will be charged, which can be found here (http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page5549.asp).

Basical overview is that if it is over $1000 you have to pay 5% import duty, plus 10% GST on the total value of the import, including the duty. So, 15.5% tax/duty in total. Not sure about forms though.

Ode to a Grasshopper
28th December 2011, 06:16 PM
...that doesn't really answer my question. :(

I'm only interested in this toy if it's compatible with the original G1 Optimus Prime trailer, otherwise I really do NOT need another movie Optimus Prime toy :rolleyes:Can't give you a definite answer, BUT the deluxe DotM Optimus and G1 reissue Optimus they've released over here can both pull the DotM trailer, so it's fairly safe to assume they could both use the G1 trailer too.

On a later look-see, it seems that they drilled the G1 Optimus' tralier peg, so most original-mold G1 Optimii won't be able to use the DotM trailer but the DotM Deluxe from the 2-pack should be able to use the G1 trailer.

Again, it's not definite but if it uses the same mold as the Chronicles one it should work. Galleries here (Galleries here.), sorry if this doesn't answer your question.

GoktimusPrime
28th December 2011, 11:18 PM
Yeah, I suspect as much, but I'd like to get a confirmation before I do it...

Come on, doesn't anyone actually own this mould?? :(

Cat
29th December 2011, 12:24 AM
Yeah, I suspect as much, but I'd like to get a confirmation before I do it...

Come on, doesn't anyone actually own this mould?? :(

Can you stop spamming this?

At least 3 times, across at least 2 threads.

Skullcruncher
30th December 2011, 12:46 PM
Did G1 Reflector come with a instruction book or just a sheet of paper?

Was he available as a mail away in Australia? Europe?

griffin
30th December 2011, 01:22 PM
He was available here as a mail-away during 1987, because I got one. I can't remember what it came with though though. Perhaps look on ebay to see if any complete ones are listed and see what they say is included in their sale. Or do a google images search for it, as often people will upload photos showing off entire contents of their mint, rarer figures.

GoktimusPrime
30th December 2011, 01:55 PM
Booklet (http://www.botchthecrab.com/archive/decoder.asp?CharName=Reflector&ImgURL=/archive/instructions/decepticon/1985/instr_reflector.jpg)

Verno
30th December 2011, 02:05 PM
Whatever happened to Unicron's head that was last seen orbiting Cybertron at the end of TF:TM?

Would it not still be around in BW/BM times?

GoktimusPrime
30th December 2011, 04:17 PM
Unicron's orbit around Cybertron eventually decayed and his head ended up crashing on the Planet of Junk. Unicron then mentally enslaved the Junkions and forced them begin rebuilding Junk into a new body for Unicron. He also mentally enslaved Cyclonus, Scourge and Death's Head and used them ignite conflicts on Cybertron and keep the Autobots distracted. Unicron was ultimately thwarted by the combined efforts of Rodimus Prime (who confronted Unicron in the astral plane via the Matrix), Death's Head (who provided a diversion) and Wreck Gar (who planted explosives and blew up Unicron's head).

RE: The Legacy of Unicron (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/The_Legacy_of_Unicron%21)

griffin
31st December 2011, 12:56 AM
In the cartoon universe (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Unicron#Generation_1_cartoon_continuity), Unicron's head stayed in orbit until he had Starscream (as a ghost & using Trypticon) have the head moved to the surface of Cybertron, to be attached to Cybertron as his new body. (remembering, that in the cartoon universe, Cybertron isn't Primus, and Unicron wasn't a God, so it wasn't like he was possessing his eternal rival)
Naturally Starscream betrays Unicron, and before Unicron can do anything else, the Autobots place explosives under his head, which shoots him back out into space away from Cybertron (it was only seen once again in "Grimlock's New Brain", which I can't recall if it was back in orbit). After that, it was never seen again.

blackoptimus
2nd January 2012, 02:34 AM
Hey guys, I'm heading to Hong Kong soon and I was hoping someone here could give me some recommendations on places where I can find Takara Tomy Products such as DOTM Striker Optimus and MP-10 Convoy and just generally good places to shop for good value. Hobby stores or departments store, anything will help :)

Thanks.

Tetsuwan Convoy
2nd January 2012, 02:36 AM

I had this with some club stuff a couple of years ago. You will recieve a letter informing you of what you need to do. There is a link on the customs website which then has a load of item classifications that you need to select and then away you go. Just be aware that some of the classifications are very very similar. There is a phone number provided and the people on the end were very nice to me in helping me decide what the thing was for mine.

Luckily though it was only $50 over and I got off, other wise it would have been the 10% tax and an extra $90 admin for the pleasure. It's a bit of a pain, but not horrifyingly so.

My question, Transmetal 2 Megatron in beast mode's tail... Is his head supposed to sit behind the ball thing (very visibly) or fold away under his bumb (but then having the tail upside down).

The upside down tail makes it look more natural in regards to flow from body to tail (aside from it being upside down... :p ) but the head sitting on his back really annoys me.

Everyone should get theirs out now. Year of the Dragon!:D

Paulbot
2nd January 2012, 08:02 AM
Hey guys, I'm heading to Hong Kong soon and I was hoping someone here could give me some recommendations on places where I can find Takara Tomy Products such as DOTM Striker Optimus and MP-10 Convoy and just generally good places to shop for good value. Hobby stores or departments store, anything will help :)

Check out the TFs in Hong Kong thread (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=253746&postcount=71) for Heroic_decepticon's very useful maps to stores. I found them useful but shopped around for the best prices.

Skullcruncher
3rd January 2012, 02:42 PM
He was available here as a mail-away during 1987, because I got one. I can't remember what it came with though though. Perhaps look on ebay to see if any complete ones are listed and see what they say is included in their sale. Or do a google images search for it, as often people will upload photos showing off entire contents of their mint, rarer figures.

Thanks - does anyone have a scan of the actual mail away form with the Australian address? I'm assuming it would be a Reinforcements from Cybertron brochure or similar.

Paulbot
3rd January 2012, 03:17 PM
Thanks - does anyone have a scan of the actual mail away form with the Australian address? I'm assuming it would be a Reinforcements from Cybertron brochure or similar.

I should have several copies of the mail away form (it was a much smaller form than the Reinforcements from Cybertron one, more the size of the Decoys one if you know it) but am unsure if they have made the move to my new place yet. If they have I'll give you a scan (or a physical copy if you like).

Verno
4th January 2012, 11:29 AM
My question, Transmetal 2 Megatron in beast mode's tail... Is his head supposed to sit behind the ball thing (very visibly) or fold away under his bumb (but then having the tail upside down).

The upside down tail makes it look more natural in regards to flow from body to tail (aside from it being upside down... :p ) but the head sitting on his back really annoys me.

Everyone should get theirs out now. Year of the Dragon!:D

I've always just kept the tail the right way up, figuring the transparent yellow cap was enough covering for his head for my liking. I don't think there is a right or wrong way, but who really knows for sure, as there were other features of that model that got missed out of the instructions.

Fantastic figure though.

GoktimusPrime
4th January 2012, 08:45 PM
I personally love how TM2 Megatron's robot mode body looks like Bomberman! :D

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/bomberman_megatron.jpg

heroic_decepticon
5th January 2012, 01:35 PM
Does anyone here have any familiarity with the MC Axis model kits? MC Axis kits link at TF Wiki (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/MC_Axis)

These were released in 1996, but considered "vintage" by many collectors.

The Alvarez book lists them as worth US$500-600 per piece.

Any thoughts?

Ode to a Grasshopper
5th January 2012, 05:30 PM
Does anyone know of any TF or non-TF toy weapons that could be cannibalised to make replacement scopes for a Beast Wars Metals X-9? Whichever amateur modder had mine before me butchered the scopes and predictably enough I haven't found any sites selling just the parts.

gamblor916
5th January 2012, 08:58 PM
Does anyone here have any familiarity with the MC Axis model kits? MC Axis kits link at TF Wiki (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/MC_Axis)

Any thoughts?

I have the Arcee resin kit. The castings are quite nice and it'll build up into a nice figure but those prices are insane :eek:
It's quite small standing around 100mm high.

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/9307/p1010986j.jpg

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/2917/p1010991t.jpg

Skullcruncher
5th January 2012, 10:16 PM

Any thoughts?

The last '87 Arcee I saw went for around $250. But the galvatron one goes for around $60-$120... same price as the '96 ones.

IMO The book has some very nice pictures but the price guide and commentary are pretty bad.

Verno
6th January 2012, 11:19 AM
Anyone know where I can read the BotCon 2006 comic online?

canofwhoopass_87
6th January 2012, 07:07 PM
Hey guys, if anyone has a Unicron - just wondering if the following photos indicate a damaged chest plate or has it just popped out of its sockets?

I sent this fella to Jazzcomp and it looks like it's been slightly damaged in transit. Any input would be much appreciated!

It's still in the sealed box, so apologies for the somewhat blurry photos!

Top Left
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f265/complicated8/TF_stuff/05012012004.jpg

Bottom Right
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f265/complicated8/TF_stuff/05012012003.jpg

Verno
6th January 2012, 07:32 PM
From memory they're metal pin joints with the panels opening in the middle of the chest for a missile to fire, so sadly it looks like the pin socket is broken, but I could be wrong, I dont't have the new version and it's been a long time since I played with the old version.

GoktimusPrime
6th January 2012, 08:02 PM
Refundicus Maximus!

Verno
6th January 2012, 11:00 PM
What other large pop culture/sci-fi stores are there besides places like Minotaur and Kings Comics?

GoktimusPrime
6th January 2012, 11:09 PM
Phantom Zone, Kinokuniya, Comic Kingdom, HobbyDream, Comics R Us, Animezone, HobbyCo, EB Games, Gametraders

Verno
6th January 2012, 11:11 PM
Phantom Zone, Kinokuniya, Comic Kingdom, HobbyDream, Comics R Us, Animezone, HobbyCo, EB Games, Gametraders

Are they all in Australia? Sorry, I should have said that earlier.

UltraMarginal
7th January 2012, 12:44 AM
yep.:D
some not as easy to get to as others. especially outside of normal working hours.

canofwhoopass_87
7th January 2012, 12:45 AM
From memory they're metal pin joints with the panels opening in the middle of the chest for a missile to fire, so sadly it looks like the pin socket is broken, but I could be wrong, I dont't have the new version and it's been a long time since I played with the old version.

Ya I was under this assumption myself, but was hoping someone with a loose/opened unicron could prove otherwise.

Bleh gota take it up with Auspost now.

heroic_decepticon
7th January 2012, 04:21 AM
I have the Arcee resin kit. The castings are quite nice and it'll build up into a nice figure but those prices are insane :eek:
It's quite small standing around 100mm high.

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/9307/p1010986j.jpg

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/2917/p1010991t.jpg

Wow, that looks sweet! Are you going to paint it up?

Have you seen the Elita One and Hot Rod ones?

gamblor916
7th January 2012, 10:06 AM
Its a simple paint job so I think it'll go together fairly easily.
I haven't seen the other ones apart from pics online. They look nice though I think they're too hard to track down for me to get a copy.

Deonasis
7th January 2012, 11:47 AM
Hey guys, if anyone has a Unicron - just wondering if the following photos indicate a damaged chest plate or has it just popped out of its sockets?

I sent this fella to Jazzcomp and it looks like it's been slightly damaged in transit. Any input would be much appreciated!

Top Left

Bottom Right

canofwhoopass_87 that Unicron looks fine to me. I just checked mine and those chest doors just pull off (there is no pin) and clip back on like how his skeleton wings clip into his back.

canofwhoopass_87
7th January 2012, 02:48 PM
canofwhoopass_87 that Unicron looks fine to me. I just checked mine and those chest doors just pull off (there is no pin) and clip back on like how his skeleton wings clip into his back.

Ah great! Thanks so much for the input. This woulda been a lot easier if I had a loose Unicron in hand to play around with.

Cheers Deo

Hursticon
7th January 2012, 03:08 PM

*snip*

Not to detract from Deonasis's observations, but I just checked out my Black Metal Unicron and indeed it might be bad news...

That section is designed with a spring and pin assembly for the hinge but the actual plates do indeed come off. ;)
It all really depends on what area is detached (The hinge or the plate), meaning you'd have to open it and have a good look to properly diagnose IMO :o

@Verno: Do you have a physical copy of DoFP (BOTCON '06 Comic) man?

Verno
7th January 2012, 03:26 PM
@Verno: Do you have a physical copy of DoFP (BOTCON '06 Comic) man?

I don't. I'm just curious as to how bad it is :p

Hursticon
7th January 2012, 03:37 PM
I don't. I'm just curious as to how bad it is :p

Well when this bloody Tigerhawk missile (As well as the BW paperwork :rolleyes:) arrives from the UK, you will indeed have a copy headed your way mate. ;):cool:

Verno
7th January 2012, 04:04 PM
Well when this bloody Tigerhawk missile (As well as the BW paperwork :rolleyes:) arrives from the UK, you will indeed have a copy headed your way mate. ;):cool:

Only if you don't want it and have run out of toilet paper mate!

They've been coming for a few weeks now, there is nothing more frustrating than waiting for stuff in the post.

Hursticon
7th January 2012, 04:20 PM
Only if you don't want it and have run out of toilet paper mate!

It's not all too bad really but it certainly doesn't hold a candle to what you've handed down to us. ;):)
I bought 2 version through Griffin from the Collectors Club store, they're exactly the same beyond the cover so all I have to do is decide which one I like least. :p

They've been coming for a few weeks now, there is nothing more frustrating than waiting for stuff in the post.

Yeah... Xmas didn't help much either and they'd been on their way here a week prior to Xmas too which is the most frustrating part. :rolleyes:

Verno
7th January 2012, 04:29 PM
Yeah... Xmas didn't help much either and they'd been on their way here a week prior to Xmas too which is the most frustrating part. :rolleyes:

Damn straight. I'm waiting on a small parts lot from the US and it's been a looking time coming, so much so the seller emailed me because I hadn't contacted him to tell him it had arrived.

Fingers crossed for this week for both of us!

Hursticon
7th January 2012, 04:56 PM
Fingers crossed for this week for both of us!

Indeed dude, indeed. ;)

Verno
7th January 2012, 04:58 PM
Indeed dude, indeed. ;)

How's the paperwork collection coming anyway? Are there specific things you're after or just whatever comes up?

Hursticon
7th January 2012, 05:12 PM
How's the paperwork collection coming anyway? Are there specific things you're after or just whatever comes up?

More or less whatever come up really, I have put together a list but I've been waiting on this lot to arrive so I can amend it; though I haven't really been making a lot of TF purchases lately as I keep finding other things to throw money at, that and I've also limited how much money I throw around. :p

I might have to consider putting up another thread in the wants section, might end up being a better way of keeping track of 'em all eh?

Verno
7th January 2012, 05:21 PM
More or less whatever come up really, I have put together a list but I've been waiting on this lot to arrive so I can amend it; though I haven't really been making a lot of TF purchases lately as I keep finding other things to throw money at, that and I've also limited how much money I throw around. :p

I might have to consider putting up another thread in the wants section, might end up being a better way of keeping track of 'em all eh?

US eBay isn't going to be much help with the BW stuff I would think - it was only us and Europe that got those little pieces of paper with the instructions on them. I've got a little collection of them myself, just ones I've come across over the years, I think you may have bought my duplicates from memory.

Hursticon
7th January 2012, 05:26 PM
US eBay isn't going to be much help with the BW stuff I would think - it was only us and Europe that got those little pieces of paper with the instructions on them. I've got a little collection of them myself, just ones I've come across over the years, I think you may have bought my duplicates from memory.

Yeah, with BW my focus has laid to Europe and the East as the US really has nothing to offer beyond Tripredcus Agent and a couple of BOTCON figures. ;)

Indeed I did buy a whole host of paperworks off of you dude, cardbacks and instructions I believe. :cool:

Verno
7th January 2012, 05:51 PM
Yeah, with BW my focus has laid to Europe and the East as the US really has nothing to offer beyond Tripredcus Agent and a couple of BOTCON figures. ;)

Indeed I did buy a whole host of paperworks off of you dude, cardbacks and instructions I believe. :cool:

Please don't talk about Botcon figures. I've managed to avoid them being appealing up until this point, but with two little presents I've bought myself arriving this week, they'll be the only BW related things that could possibly be collected :(

I must stay strong...

Hursticon
7th January 2012, 06:03 PM
Please don't talk about Botcon figures. I've managed to avoid them being appealing up until this point, but with two little presents I've bought myself arriving this week, they'll be the only BW related things that could possibly be collected :(

I must stay strong...

I hear you man, I hear you; hence why I looked to Beast Wars II & Neo. ;):cool:
Very much looking forward to seeing what you've picked up for yourself though man, it's rare that we get to see an acquisition from Verno. :D

Verno
7th January 2012, 06:15 PM
I hear you man, I hear you; hence why I looked to Beast Wars II & Neo. ;):cool:
Very much looking forward to seeing what you've picked up for yourself though man, it's rare that we get to see an acquisition from Verno. :D

I'm sure you can guess mate, there isn't much about that's tweaked my interest over the past few years.

Hursticon
7th January 2012, 06:20 PM
I'm sure you can guess mate, there isn't much about that's tweaked my interest over the past few years.

Heh, I like surprises so I'm going to wait and see. ;):cool:

Verno
7th January 2012, 06:32 PM
Heh, I like surprises so I'm going to wait and see. ;):cool:

You'll appreciate them.

So we seem to have got off topic a bit, let's get back into the questions.

Umm...

In the BW episodes Aftermath and Coming of the Fuzors 1 and 2, we see Rhinox building and operating his magic table of Matrix Quest. As far as I know there isn't a name for it, but if you could give it name, what would it be?

Remember that he uses it to voyage to the Matrix/Allspark to find Optimus' spark and return it to a new Transmetal body.

Ideas?

canofwhoopass_87
7th January 2012, 06:38 PM
Have about 15 email notifications from this thread over the past couple of hours. You fellas are playing a serious match of tennis!

Hursticon
7th January 2012, 06:41 PM
In the BW episodes Aftermath and Coming of the Fuzors 1 and 2, we see Rhinox building and operating his magic table of Matrix Quest. As far as I know there isn't a name for it, but if you could give it name, what would it be?

Remember that he uses it to voyage to the Matrix/Allspark to find Optimus' spark and return it to a new Transmetal body.

Ideas?

;)

Umm... how about the "Vector-Displaced Conduit of Sigma"? :o

Hursticon
7th January 2012, 06:41 PM
Have about 15 email notifications from this thread over the past couple of hours. You fellas are playing a serious match of tennis!

Hehe :D

Verno
7th January 2012, 06:50 PM

Apologies. Time to check those thread subscriptions :p

Nice Hursty, keep them coming.

Verno
8th January 2012, 01:28 PM
I should correct myself, Rhinox didn't start building his Ion-Slide thing until Coming of the Fuzors Part 1, much to my disappointment when I read over the copy I have of David Kaye's copy of the the Aftermath script that I bought off eBay a few years back.

It's only a photocopy of his script, but has all the annotations and such and is still pretty cool to have.

Sadly I can't find a copy of the COTF1 script online anywhere to read so I don't know what Bob or Larry may have called it. But I'll keep looking.

Paulbot
8th January 2012, 08:43 PM

Reflector was available in the STARS brochure (along with the Omnibots, Thundercracker, Mirage, Ratchet, Wheeljack, Sunstreaker, the Powerdashers and Time Warrior) that was valid until Feb 1988.

However Reflector wasn't pictured in that brochure (but I scan it on an A3 scanner tomorrow if you'd like).

The "Reflector" brochure was this:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7151/6658331915_9a72d44765.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/paulbot/6658331915/)

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7166/6658331877_3c8b50706d_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/paulbot/6658331877/)

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7149/6658332131_6402b8e476_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/paulbot/6658332131/)
Paulbot (http://www.flickr.com/people/paulbot/), on Flickr

Tetsuwan Convoy
8th January 2012, 11:53 PM
Oh man, reflector for only 12 bucks!:D

How do you lock TM2 Megatron's Dragon neck into a solid state? I see the switch but can't quite work it out...

Pics if possible please as I am a bit of a wally

Sky Shadow
9th January 2012, 12:33 AM
Oh man, reflector for only 12 bucks!:D

How do you lock TM2 Megatron's Dragon neck into a solid state? I see the switch but can't quite work it out...

Pics if possible please as I am a bit of a wally

It's probable that it's misassembled - I remember that with my RiD Cryotek I had to unscrew the switch and reassemble it the other way up in order to get it to work. (I don't have him with me, but if that makes sense to you, give it a try!)

Verno
9th January 2012, 09:54 AM
Yeah, spot on. You've got to unscrew it and spin it around, so the little tab on the front can slip down and hold the neck out straight. Bloody Hasbro, can't even assemble their toys correctly.

Verno
9th January 2012, 12:27 PM
What are Silverbolt, Prowl and Ironhide's respective mottos from their G1 toys?

Paulbot
9th January 2012, 12:46 PM
Silverbolt "Don't look down, look straight ahead."
Prowl "Logic is the ultimate weapon."
Ironhide "High tech circuitry is no replacement for guts."

http://www.tfu.info has all the tech spec details.

Verno
9th January 2012, 12:54 PM
What a handy site, TFWiki was of no help.

Cheers PB.

Paulbot
9th January 2012, 12:58 PM
What a handy site, TFWiki was of no help.

TFwiki made the decision not to reproduce the tech specs. But TFU.info is pretty comprehensive for them.

Verno
9th January 2012, 01:05 PM
TFwiki made the decision not to reproduce the tech specs. But TFU.info is pretty comprehensive for them.

Seems an odd decision by TFWiki. Do you know why? Copyright or something?

blackoptimus
9th January 2012, 01:51 PM
Hey guys, just wanted to know. Are G1 Original Tech Specs meant to be cut around the black dotted lines or are they supposed be cut past the dotted line leaving the tech spec starting at the white border?

Verno
9th January 2012, 01:57 PM
If I had my hands on any G1 paperwork I wouldn't be cutting it at all :p

blackoptimus
9th January 2012, 02:18 PM
Yeah But I want to cut it to make it look nice and even. Not all jaggered from being cut by a kid.

If I had my hands on any G1 paperwork I wouldn't be cutting it at all :p

Paulbot
9th January 2012, 02:58 PM
I always kept some of the dashed line on mine. I think they look "right" with the border, like you see here: http://www.botchthecrab.com/archive/techspecs/ or on Hursticon's sig (http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Crap/Custom_G1_Techspec2.png)

UltraMarginal
9th January 2012, 03:00 PM
Yeah But I want to cut it to make it look nice and even. Not all jaggered from being cut by a kid.

I would suggest whatever you have preference for yourself.

Hursticon
9th January 2012, 03:31 PM

I had that very same issue dude with many of the G1 Techspecs that I've bought. :o
Preferably, I'd have it from the dotted line but I do have a fair few that had been hacked past that, so to 'clean them up' I cut it down a bit further. ;)

I hope that helps man. :)

I always kept some of the dashed line on mine. I think they look "right" with the border, like you see here: http://www.botchthecrab.com/archive/techspecs/ or on Hursticon's sig (http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Crap/Custom_G1_Techspec2.png)

Hehe, cheers for noticing the little efforts I went to Paul. :cool:
(It took me many hours in MS: Powerpoint to get it all looking right :p)

Verno
11th January 2012, 03:29 PM
How tall is your average G1 Autobot/Decepticon?

heroic_decepticon
11th January 2012, 03:55 PM

That's an interesting question, but (to me) quite impossible to answer unless you're more specific.

Even excluding all combiners and bases, G1 TF heights vary considerably with the odd figures like Jetfire, Shockwave, Blaster, etc being disproportionately tall; also, the figures generally 'grew' taller in the later years, eg: a standard 1987 Headmaster is taller than a standard 1984 autobot car; and then there are the figures that are supposed to be short like the minibots, cassettes, sparkabots/ con, triggerbots/cons, etc.

Paulbot
11th January 2012, 04:05 PM

Sure we discussed this recently?

Based on the cartoon guide (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Image:Tfcartoonscaleguideic1.jpg) the average G1 height is I'd guess around 5m.

Verno
11th January 2012, 04:31 PM
Sure we discussed this recently?

Based on the cartoon guide (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Image:Tfcartoonscaleguideic1.jpg) the average G1 height is I'd guess around 5m.

Sweet. I couldn't find the pic of BW Megs face to face with G1 Optimus, but if we take this pic:

http://images.wikia.com/transformers/images/f/fd/BW_Agenda_Pt3_Soundwave.jpg

And the assumption BW bots are about 2m tall on average, then the upgrade to protoform bodies basically halved (or a bit more) the Transformers in size?

Hursticon
11th January 2012, 04:49 PM
And the assumption BW bots are about 2m tall on average, then the upgrade to protoform bodies basically halved (or a bit more) the Transformers in size?

G1 bots have got to be way bigger then, when they picked up Humans they were near Leader Class toy size in comparison... :confused:

Sky Shadow
11th January 2012, 05:24 PM
Aaron F Bourque's Transformers Height Index should give you a good idea of relative heights in feet. If someone wants to convert it to metres, go right ahead! http://transformers.narod.ru/texts/thi.htm

The above link includes Beast Wars characters, just for G1 characters (and in metres too see below):

AUTOBOTS

A-3 : 30' (9.2m)
Afterburner : 30' (9.2m)
Air Raid : 34' (10.4m)
Alpha Trion : 32' (9.8m)
Arcee : 28' (8.6m)
Ariel : 28' (8.6m)
Beachcomber : 20' (6.1m)
Beta : 28' (8.6m)
Blades : 32' (9.86m)
Blaster : 38' (11.6m)
Bluestreak : 34' (10.4m)
Blurr : 34' (10.4m)
Brainstorm : 34' (10.4m)
Brawn : 22' (6.8m)
Broadside : 38' (11.6m)
Bumblebee : 18' (5.5m)
Cerebros : 36' (11m)
Chromia : 36' (11m)
Cliffjumper : 20' (6.1m)
Cloudraker : 24' (7.4m)
Computron : 80' (24.4m)
Cosmos : 20' (6.1m)
Defcon : 38' (11.6m)
Defensor : 80' (24.4m)
Dion: 28' (8.6m)
Eject : 9' (2.8m)
Elita-1 : 38' (11.6m)
Fastlane : 24' (7.4m)
Fireflight : 34' (10.4m)
Firestar : 36' (11m)
First Aid : 32' (9.8m)
Fortess (Maximus) : 200' (61m)
Freeway : 22' (6.8m)
Gears : 20' (6.1m)
Goldbug : 22' (6.8m)
Grapple : 34' (10.4m)
Grimlock : 40' (12.2m)
Groove : 32' (9.8m)
Hardhead : 34' (10.4m)
Highbrow : 34' (10.4m)
Hoist : 36' (11m)
Hot Rod : 30' (9.2m)
Hot Spot : 36' (11m)
Hound : 34' (10.4m)
Huffer : 20' (6.1m)
Inferno : 36' (11m)
Ironhide : 36' (11m)
Jazz : 34' (10.4m)
Kup : 34' (10.4m)
Lightspeed : 30' (9.2m)
Metroplex : 200' (61m)
Mirage : 34' (10.4m)
Moonracer : 32' (9.8m)
Nosecone : 30' (9.2m)
Omega Supreme : 75' (22.9m)
Optimus Prime : 40' (12.2m)
Orion Pax: 30' (9.2m)
Outback : 22' (6.8m)
Perceptor : 34' (10.4m)
Pipes : 20' (6.1m)
Powerglide : 26' (8m)
Prowl : 34' (10.4m)
Punch/Counterpunch : 24' (7.4m)
Ramhorn : 7' (2.2m) tall, 12' (3.7m) long, 4" (.2m)tail
Ratchet : 36' (11m)
Red Alert : 34' (10.4m)
Rewind : 9' (2.8m)
Rodimus Prime : 40' (12.2m)
Rollbar : 22' (6.8m)
Sandstorm : 34' (10.4m)
Scamper : 30' (9.2m)
Scattershot : 34' (10.4m)
Searchlight : 22' (6.8m)
Seaspray : 20' (6.1m)
Sideswipe : 34' (10.4m)
Silverbolt : 38' (11.6m)
Six-gun : 30' (9.2m)
Skids : 34' (10.4m)
Skydive : 34' (10.4m)
Skyfire : 60' (19m)
Sky Lynx : Eagle: 40' (12.2m) tall, 100' (30.5m) wingspan
Lynx: 60' (19m)
Dragon: 100' (30.5) tall, 120' (36.6m) wingspan
Slag : 36' (11m)
Slammer : 30' (9.2m)
Slingshot : 34' (10.4m)
Sludge : 38' (11.6m)
Snarl : 36' (11m)
Smokescreen : 34' (10.4m)
Springer : 34' (10.4m)
Strafe : 30' (9.2m)
Steeljaw : 5' (1.6m) tall, 9'6" (2.9m) long, 2' (.7m) tail
Streetwise : 32' (9.8m)
Sunstreaker : 34' (10.4m)
Superion : 80' (24.4m)
Swoop : 34' (10.4m)
Tailgate : 20' (6.1m)
Tracks : 34' (10.4m)
Trailbreaker : 34' (10.4m)
Ultra Magnus : 48' (14.7m)
Warpath : 20' (6.1m)
Wheelie : 14' (4.3m)
Wheeljack : 34' (10.4m)
Wideload : 22' (6.8m)
Windcharger : 20' (6.1m)
Wreck-Gar : 36' (11m)

DECEPTICONS

Abominus : 80' (24.4m)
Apeface : 36' (11m)
Astrotrain : 36' (11m)
Blast Off : 36' (11m)
Blitzwing : 36' (11m)
Blot : 30' (9.2m)
Bombshell : 34' (10.4m)
Bombshell's drones : 24' (7.4m)
Bonecrusher : 26' (8m)
Brawl : 36' (11m)
Breakdown : 34' (10.4m)
Bruticus : 80' (24.4m)
Buzzsaw : 4' (1.3m) tall, 14' (4.3m) wingspan
Cutthroat : 30' (9.2m)
Cyclonus : 38' (11.6m)
Dead End : 34' (10.4m)
Devastator : 75' (22.9m)
Dirge : 36' (11m)
Divebomb : 34' (10.4m) tall, 70' (21.4m) wingspan
Drag Strip : 34' (10.4m)
Frenzy : 9' (2.8m)
Galvatron : 40' (12.2m)
Headstrong : 36' (11m)
Hook : 26' (8m)
Hun-Gurr : 34' (10.4m)
Kickback : 34' (10.4m)
Kickback's drones : 24' (7.4m)
Laserbeak : 4' (1.3m) tall, 14' (4.3m) wingspan
Long Haul : 26' (8m)
Megatron : 40' (12.2m)
Menasor : 80' (24.4m)
Mindwipe : 36' (11m)
Misfire : 36' (11m)
Mixmaster : 26' (8m)
Motormaster : 40' (12.2m)
Nightbird : 32'10.7" (10m)
Octane : 38' (11.6m)
Onslaught : 38' (11.6m)
Overkill : 9' (2.8m) tall, 1'8" (.6m) tail
Pounce : 24' (7.4m)
Predaking : 100' (30.5) tall, 70' (21.4m) wingspan
Ramjet : 36' (11m)
Rampage : 36' (11m)
Ratbat : 4'4" (1.4m) tall, 6' (1.9m) wingspan
Ravage : 5' (1.6) tall, 10' (3.1m) long, 1' (.4m) tail
Razorclaw : 38' (11.6m)
Reflector : 24' (7.4m)
Rippersnapper : 30' (9.2m)
Rumble : 9' (2.8m)
Runabout : 24' (7.4m)
Runamuck : 24' (7.4m)
Scavenger : 26' (8m)
Scorponok : 200' (61m)
Scourge : 36' (11m)
Scrapper : 24' (7.4m)
Shockwave : 40' (12.2m)
Shrapnel : 34' (10.4m)
Shrapnel's drones : 24' (7.4m)
Sinnertwin : 30' (9.2m)
Sixshot : 44' (13.5m)
Skullcruncher : 36' (11m)
Skywarp : 36' (11m)
Slugfest : 7' (2.2m) tall, 12' (3.7m) long, 2'10" (.9m) tail
Snapdragon : 36' (11m)
Soundwave : 38' (11.6m)
Starscream : 36' (11m)
Sweep : 34' (10.4m)
Swindle : 36' (11m)
Tantrum : 36' (11m)
Thrust : 36' (11m)
Thundercracker : 36' (11m)
Triggerhappy : 36' (11m)
Trypticon : 200' (61m)
Vortex : 36' (11m)
Weirdwolf : 36' (11m)
Wildrider : 34' (10.4m)
Wingspan : 24' (7.4m)

OTHERS
Crocticons/Gatorcons : 24' (7.4m)
Exo-suit: 9' (2.8m)
Headmaster Suit : 7' (2.2m)
Junkions : 34' (10.4m)
Sharkticons : 24' (7.4m)
Targetmaster suit : 7' (2.2m)
Unicron : 90000 miles (144810km), 80000 mile (128720km) wingspan

Hursticon
11th January 2012, 05:37 PM
@Sky Shadow: That's awesome SS, very interesting indeed and these numbers seem a little bit more on the money to me too. ;):)

LOL @ Unicron's height! :p:D

Verno
11th January 2012, 05:44 PM
That's the kind of site I'm looking for! Cheers Sky Shadow!

GoktimusPrime
11th January 2012, 10:11 PM
This site (http://www.oocities.org/superjinrai/bwstats.html) lists the heights of Beast Wars characters; it all comes from official sources too (i.e. BW trading cards).

Verno
12th January 2012, 06:14 PM
I'm not enjoying those numbers, Gok. I know their 'official', but 4.5m for someone like Magmatron? 3.2m for Big Convoy and 5.5m for Magnaboas? When Tigerhawk comes in at 7m. The combines should be way bigger, verging on close to an smaller G1 figure around 8 or so.

Hursticon
14th January 2012, 08:40 PM
With regards to figures that were repaints in Beast Wars, i.e. Cheetor/Tigatron - Waspinator/Buzzsaw or Tarantulas/Blackarachnia, did said figures receive individualised instruction sheets or did they simply have their contemporary's instructions included? :confused:

Sky Shadow
14th January 2012, 09:43 PM
With regards to figures that were repaints in Beast Wars, i.e. Cheetor/Tigatron - Waspinator/Buzzsaw or Tarantulas/Blackarachnia, did said figures receive individualised instruction sheets or did they simply have their contemporary's instructions included? :confused:

In the US versions, the instructions were just on the back of the package (and were different, in that they called Cheetor a cheetah and Tigatron a tiger, [wasp/bee, etc.]) Since we never got the 'repainted' deluxe wave at all, I don't know if there was a specific European instruction sheet for that wave or not. Sorry! (By the way, Hursti, I shipped your rocks on Friday, so hopefully they should arrive early next week.)

Hursticon
14th January 2012, 10:45 PM
In the US versions, the instructions were just on the back of the package (and were different, in that they called Cheetor a cheetah and Tigatron a tiger, [wasp/bee, etc.]) Since we never got the 'repainted' deluxe wave at all, I don't know if there was a specific European instruction sheet for that wave or not. Sorry! (By the way, Hursti, I shipped your rocks on Friday, so hopefully they should arrive early next week.)

Yeah, that was my understanding that the U.S. versions only had their card backs to go off of where as the EU/UK versions (Including Australia) did indeed have separate instruction sheets; so we didn't receive any of the repainted deluxes did we?, well that will certainly make things a little harder... :o

As always, thanks for your knowledgeable input SS and cheers for the heads up on my Rocks being posted. ;):cool:

Verno
15th January 2012, 11:08 AM

I've got the instruction sheets for Dinobot, Waspinator and Tarantulas, but sadly none of their repainted counterparts so I'm no help at all I'm afraid Hursty.

I can, however, speculate. The characters name only appears on the front, it's never mentioned amongst the instructions. So if they were to release instructions it would only need a change to one thing on the sheet.

Wish I could be of more help mate.

Seraphim Prime
15th January 2012, 02:56 PM
so we didn't receive any of the repainted deluxes did we?, well that will certainly make things a little harder... :o

Yeah. Basically Beast Wars ended up being really popular, so much so Hasbro AU had difficulties sourcing more figures from Hasbro UK - who had supplied them up until that point - and had to source direct from US. They were about 6-8 months ahead though, so we missed out on the entire second half of the first yesr (ie: Blackarachnia, Tigatron, Retrax, Grimlock, etc).

Hursticon
15th January 2012, 06:14 PM
I've got the instruction sheets for Dinobot, Waspinator and Tarantulas, but sadly none of their repainted counterparts so I'm no help at all I'm afraid Hursty.

I can, however, speculate. The characters name only appears on the front, it's never mentioned amongst the instructions. So if they were to release instructions it would only need a change to one thing on the sheet.

Wish I could be of more help mate.

Hmm, that's cool man; it's just that in that lot of paperwork I got there were some doubles, some clearly doubles but others I wasn't so sure, but being aware that the US tend to dumb things down I wasn't sure if they'd go so far as to do similar things in UK/EU. :cool:

I've made a list of what I've got so far and whilst it's quite a bit it's still not complete... :o:p

Yeah. Basically Beast Wars ended up being really popular, so much so Hasbro AU had difficulties sourcing more figures from Hasbro UK - who had supplied them up until that point - and had to source direct from US. They were about 6-8 months ahead though, so we missed out on the entire second half of the first yesr (ie: Blackarachnia, Tigatron, Retrax, Grimlock, etc).

Ah! - That explains why, when I was a kid, my mate and I had seen various figures on the backing cards that just didn't exist anywhere around where we lived (I learnt later that it was because we missed some but I didn't know the reasons as to why ;)); he even got his relo's in VICy to have a look but alas...

It's a sort of double-edged sword/back-handed compliment with Beast Wars being so popular that we missed out on certain figures locally, I'm glad we had some though as it was a massive buzz back in the day when your favourite toy/cartoon came back from the dead. ;):D

Cheers Seraphim. ;):)

Sky Shadow
15th January 2012, 10:06 PM

We didn't miss Retrax - he was a shelfwarmer (and shellformer) here. The rest is 100% accurate. The other toys we missed were non-VHS-Airazor, Claw Jaw, Drill Bit, Lazorbeak, Non-VHS-Razorclaw, Bonecrusher, Cybershark I, Buzz Saw, Jetstorm, Manterror, Transquito and B'Boom (who is an abosolutely awesome toy.)

griffin
16th January 2012, 12:40 AM
A list of Beast Wars toys we got and missed can be found here (http://www.otca.com.au/archive1.html#bw). It tracked our toy releases here since Beast Wars... anything before that, you'd need to look at dirge's site. (http://www.cliffbee.com)

Firestorm
18th January 2012, 02:22 AM
I've heard that there are 2 different versions of TF Prime Cliffjumper and Bumblebee, what are the differences?

GoktimusPrime
18th January 2012, 09:00 AM
I noticed that TakaraTOMY's TF Prime Bumblebee - packaged in robot mode - has the two lower breast panels lowered down. I wonder if this means that TakaraTOMY actually fixed that problem on the Hasbro version where it's nigh impossible to lower them (or if once you lock them up they can't come down again).

Doubledealer
18th January 2012, 06:55 PM
Isn't Takara BB more of an orangey-yellow compared to the Hasbro release too? In terms of new molds, I think there was a pic floating around of the newer Cliff somewhere? Don't think anyone's seen the new BB yet.

I just made my first Prime order of Takara:
-Prime
-Bulk
-Vehicon

Probably didn't need to buy the Takara version of the last one but eh, I haven't bought any Transformers for ages really. My wallet is reeling from the shock! :p

Paulbot
18th January 2012, 08:52 PM
I've heard that there are 2 different versions of TF Prime Cliffjumper and Bumblebee, what are the differences?

The two Bumblebees were discussed here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=12482&page=2). Basically two guns on wave 1, only one gun in preview wave, and different neck and stomach.

and there's pics of the three Cliffjumpers (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=274324&postcount=14) here. Preview and the redeco are the same, wave 1 has different legs and arms, a weapon and possibly other changes.

Of course things could change again by the time Wave 1 comes out. There's some speculation those photos of wave 1 could be earlier prototypes.