PDA

View Full Version : Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

kup
3rd March 2008, 12:41 PM
They are indeed full size and given a basic level of programing (speech, motor functions, in some cases a faction loyalty inclinationm etc).

However you do have 'younger' inexperienced Transformers and that is how you measure their age and maturity level.

List of popularly known 'young' Transformers:

- Hot Rod
- Cheetor
- Hot Shot
- Bumblebee (although this could be debated)

So a Transformer's age is evident in their maturity level and experience rather than visual appereance in most cases.

Paulbot
3rd March 2008, 05:12 PM
The Robot Points on the Takara Encore boxes... are they useful for anything? Or maybe I should ask are they actually Robot Points?

Rampage
3rd March 2008, 06:46 PM
The Robot Points on the Takara Encore boxes... are they useful for anything? Or maybe I should ask are they actually Robot Points?

yeah i've wondered that too they are on masterpieces also

GoktimusPrime
3rd March 2008, 11:17 PM
Yes, Takara have been doing robot points since Beast Wars. ;) Can't remember if Japanese G2 had robot points or not (I don't recall).

STL
4th March 2008, 01:20 AM
Could anyone name any TF toys that have the following alt modes?

Bull
tiger

griffin
4th March 2008, 02:41 AM
I can think of BM Longhorn (Bull), Tantrum (Bull), Rampage (Tiger), Tigatron, and that Classics Minicon Tiger. Headmaster Horribull might count as well, but those three Headmasters were not actual animals, but monsters with some animal bits. BW Bonecrusher (Bison) is close to a Bull. And Fuzor Noctorro is half bull.

Geminii
4th March 2008, 03:34 AM
Could anyone name any TF toys that have the following alt modes?

Bull
tiger

Bulls:
Horri-Bull
Tantrum (Buffalo?)
BM Longhorn
Bisonbreast
BW Bonecrusher (Bison) and his repaint, Bighorn

Bull fuzors:
Noctorro

Tigers:
G1 Rampage
Tigatron
Classics Snarl (Mini-con)
Playskool Tigertron
Toraizer
Catilla
Tigerbreast

Tiger fuzors:
Tigerhawk
Universe Razorclaw
Bantor

Paulbot
4th March 2008, 09:28 AM
Yes, Takara have been doing robot points since Beast Wars. ;) Can't remember if Japanese G2 had robot points or not (I don't recall).

Can we use them for anything? Does Takara have "mail away" promotions? I never cashed in any of my G1 Robot points when I had the chance and don't want to miss out with these ones.

GoktimusPrime
4th March 2008, 10:38 AM
The entire Animorphs line was a load of bull. :p

Can we use them for anything? Does Takara have "mail away" promotions? I never cashed in any of my G1 Robot points when I had the chance and don't want to miss out with these ones.
The Beast Points could be used for mail away exclusives like Moon. Otherwise no. Nowadays we have e-Hobby and convention exclusives. ;)

autobreadticon
4th March 2008, 11:10 AM
somewhere i heard or read that diaclone bumblebee or one of the g1 mini bots had racing stripes on top of the vehicle.

i was thinking it was bumblebee because in the movie he had black racing stripes and on the classics he has white.

Where did the design of racing stripes on bumblebee come from?

1orion2many
4th March 2008, 11:43 AM
Do transformers age? I mean in the sense that once their spark is given birth to do they start in a smaller form and grow bigger or are they from day 1 in the cybertronian form that they're given?

And that brings me to the 2nd question of can transformers body build, workout? An upgrade is explainable but it doesn't show any sense of personal endeavour. So I'm wondering if there have been instances of Transformers improving themselves purely by working out and getting themselves beefier?

:confused:I don't know about beefier but in the Headmasters it shows Chromedome and the rest of his cohorts exercising on treadmills and the like to improve their stamina and increase their reflexes.:)

kup
4th March 2008, 12:18 PM
:confused:I don't know about beefier but in the Headmasters it shows Chromedome and the rest of his cohorts exercising on treadmills and the like to improve their stamina and increase their reflexes.:)

As strange as that sounds for robots, it makes an awful lot of sense from a mechanical point of view.

If you have a car immobile for too long, its parts begin to corrode and lock in place so when you start up the car after a long time, you can feel it struggle for the first few KMs and if its been there for way too long, it may not go at all.

Same with motorized toys and even non motorized plastic/diecast toys. If you don't move their joints after a very long time and they can become very hard until the movement looses them up again.

So as silly as the Headmasters on a treadmill may be, it does make reasonable sense.

kup
4th March 2008, 09:00 PM
The toy with the Scorponok mold.

Who or what the heck is he??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GKXFzYvLGU&feature=related

benben2142
5th March 2008, 01:44 AM
How come reprolabels don't reply to you? I sent them an e-mail a week ago.

iceburn
5th March 2008, 08:39 AM
what did you ask them benben?

Bartrim
5th March 2008, 09:03 AM
How come reprolabels don't reply to you? I sent them an e-mail a week ago.

You emailed them a week ago even though you asked what their email address was 4 days ago?:confused:

They do take a couple of days to respond...well they did for me.

GoktimusPrime
5th March 2008, 09:10 AM
You emailed them a week ago even though you asked what their email address was 4 days ago?

They do take a couple of days to respond...well they did for me.

lawl! :D

How come reprolabels don't reply to you?
They reply to me. It may take several days, but they reply.

roller
5th March 2008, 12:35 PM
Whats a Transformer?

Bartrim
5th March 2008, 12:41 PM
Whats a Transformer?

A device used to increase or decrease electricity’s voltage and current:p

benben2142
5th March 2008, 06:58 PM
Hey guys, I was just wondering, back in 2005 the tf's had a takara logo on them but now they have takara tomy? Did they join forces or something or did they just become partners, I think hasbro needs a partner ...........Loners

dirge
5th March 2008, 08:07 PM
Tomy & Takara have merged. Tomy was the larger of the two companies.

roller
5th March 2008, 08:38 PM
Hasbro will officially shut its doors on jan 14th 2010 and become "Roller Industries" due to the staff taken hostage at the Epping office:)

GoktimusPrime
5th March 2008, 09:46 PM
I think hasbro needs a partner ...........Loners
What are you talking about? Hasbro is like toy Microsoft - they don't join forces with other companies, they consume them! Hasbro is the 2nd largest toy company in the world (#1 is Mattel).

Hasbro also owns...
Avalon Hill
Claster Television
Coleco
Galoob
Kenner (hence why we have Star Wars Transformers)
Maisto
Milton Bradley
Parker Brothers
Playskool
Selchow and Righter
Tiger Electronics
Tonka (former rival company who made Gobots)
Wizards of the Coast
Wrebbit

Hasbro will officially shut its doors on jan 14th 2010 and become "Roller Industries" due to the staff taken hostage at the Epping office
Hasbro's head office is in Pawtucket Rhode Island, USA. ;)

http://johnbooth.typepad.com/fieldsedge/images/2007/07/02/archeroptimus.jpghttp://www.ludgerusschule.de/archiv02/images/billgates.jpghttp://tvmedia.ign.com/tv/image/article/770/770593/south-park-20070306115011016.jpg
L-R: Aaron Archer (Hasbro), Bill Gates (Microsoft) & Satan (Hell)

dirge
5th March 2008, 11:17 PM
Hasbro will officially shut its doors on jan 14th 2010 and become "Roller Industries" due to the staff taken hostage at the Epping office:)

Dude, Hasbro aren't in Epping. Take over the right suburb :eek:

1orion2many
5th March 2008, 11:55 PM
Dude, Hasbro aren't in Epping. Take over the right suburb :eek:

:DThey will be by 2010:p:D

roller
6th March 2008, 01:49 AM
thankyou orion , im a bit tipsy on wine as i type

SpiderPrime9
6th March 2008, 02:52 PM
Hey I only just started a few days ago but I have seen some requests for a couple of toys I have from the movie.. I am not sure exactly how to sell them here, I see the link for it but it has to be linked to a bigger photo or ebay? erm really just asking for direction here....:confused:

thanks!!

iceburn
6th March 2008, 03:01 PM
spider..have a look at the Swindle's Sale Yard (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=13)

you can place links to ebay if you are also intending to sell them off there. if not, you can post (externally linked) pictures whether big or small in the new topic and sell your toys

kup
6th March 2008, 03:07 PM
Hey I only just started a few days ago but I have seen some requests for a couple of toys I have from the movie.. I am not sure exactly how to sell them here, I see the link for it but it has to be linked to a bigger photo or ebay? erm really just asking for direction here....:confused:

thanks!!

Hi,

All you need to do is post what you are selling in this section: Swindle's Sale Yard and Dealer Ads

or

You can PM the people who have shown interest in the toys you have and tell them how much you are willing to sell and if they are interested, you can arrange the shipping cost based on the buyer's location. Once the price has been agreed for the figure and shipping, simply PM them again with your Bank details (name, bsb, account number) and ask them to transfer the total amount there and for them to provide their full address details.

After that you just have to wait for payment and once you receive it, mail the figure to the provided address.

SpiderPrime9
6th March 2008, 03:12 PM
thanks iceburn...okay, this may sound like a real dumb question, but when u say externally linked meaning not as an attachment? I am not sure how to do that?

iceburn
6th March 2008, 03:14 PM
thanks iceburn...okay, this may sound like a real dumb question, but when u say externally linked meaning not as an attachment? I am not sure how to do that?

you can use www.imageshack.us (http://www.imageshack.us) or www.photobucket.com (http://www.photobucket.com)
upload your pics there and copy the URL and paste it here

SpiderPrime9
7th March 2008, 12:05 AM
could someone please tell me what all the abbreviations are??

i can't really list the ones ive seen, i mean I know MSIB but PM took me a while... and some are attached to toys...

griffin
7th March 2008, 02:39 AM
MISB = Mint in Sealed Box
MOSC = Mint on Sealed Card
MIB = Mint in Box (not sealed)
PM = Private Message (through this messageboard)

If you need any other abbreviations explained, just list them and people here will give you the answers.

SpiderPrime9
7th March 2008, 11:49 AM
FAB
RID?

Hahah still getting used to everything..

kup
7th March 2008, 11:59 AM
FAB = Fast Action Battlers - The cheap movie toys with gimmick weapons.
RID = Robots in Disguise - This mostly refers to the Pre Armada Japanese cartoon series and toy line under the same name.

GoktimusPrime
7th March 2008, 12:37 PM
Robot In Disguise is a toyline/TV series that is the Hasbro adaptation of a Japanese series/line called Transformers Car Robot. RiD features a few extra figures and variants not seen in Car Robot such as Bruticus and some Spychangers etc. although Car Robot's Brave Maximus (called Fortress Maximus in the RiD cartoon) was never released as a toy in RiD.

MISB or MIB can also stand for Mint In (Sealed) Bag, but it's rare for Transformers to come bagged (only some mail away and convention exclusives).

There's also MISP or MIP which stands for Mint In Sealed Package or Mint In Package. "Package" is a more generic/universal term which can refer to any kind of packaging - box, card, bag etc.

benben2142
8th March 2008, 12:37 AM
What's this http://cgi.ebay.com/Japanese-transformers-Metalforce-Optimus-Prime-MISB_W0QQitemZ160139017883QQihZ006QQcategoryZ4694Q QcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l1262

roller
8th March 2008, 10:21 AM
i believe its a japanese Metalforce metallic version optimus prime

benben2142
8th March 2008, 12:02 PM
i believe its a japanese Metalforce metallic version optimus prime

What does it look like, is it just a silver g1 prime by takara?

GoktimusPrime
8th March 2008, 03:54 PM
Google is your friend.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/transformers/images/thumb/4/48/MetalforceConvoy.jpg/180px-MetalforceConvoy.jpg

http://www.google.com.au

benben2142
8th March 2008, 04:55 PM
Hey guys I found a mib takara g1 countdown it's $162us plus shipping, it is mint complete with all paperwork and phome insert, I want to ask the seller a question for a bargain so how can I find his e-mail, not the ebay e-mail the really e-mail? Also how come the hasbro g1 countdown doesn't come with 5 micromasters it only comes with 1?

GoktimusPrime
8th March 2008, 05:04 PM
Hey guys I found a mib takara g1 countdown it's $162us plus shipping, it is mint complete with all paperwork and phome insert, I want to ask the seller a question for a bargain so how can I find his e-mail, not the ebay e-mail the really e-mail?
I don't know what a "really" email is but why not just email the seller via his/her ebay email address??

Also how come the hasbro g1 countdown doesn't come with 5 micromasters it only comes with 1?
In Hasbro markets the Autobot Rescue Patrol was sold separately.

dirge
8th March 2008, 05:05 PM
benben, contacting sellers outside of eBay is against eBay policies. The seller would be within his rights to report you to eBay.

If you're asking for the seller to cut his price, there's a very good chance he would report you.

As for why the Hasbro one doesn't - Takara released Countdown later, and decided to include extra figures.

autobreadticon
9th March 2008, 12:33 AM
Can someone plz tell me the different assortment to t/f sizes, e.g deluxe so on. for the new animated toys

is the áctivators' the size of t/f legends?

what are the small size transformers for the animated series.?

GoktimusPrime
9th March 2008, 12:39 AM
Animated has Deluxe, Voyager, Leader and Supreme size classes (price points).

Activators will replace Scout Class, which replaced Basics during Cybertron.

Pipesqueak
9th March 2008, 12:36 PM
Does anyone think we're a chance of seeing a repaint of Incinerator in the Takara black colour scheme before the movie line disappears? I wouldn't buy the boring Hasbro grey one, but despite the no-hands issue I'm strangely drawn to the Takara version. I mean, they've repainted EVERYTHING else, haven't they? Has there been even a rumour along these lines?

GoktimusPrime
9th March 2008, 12:49 PM
So why don't you just get the Takara version? That's what I did. It really looks nice IMO. :)

Pipesqueak
9th March 2008, 03:01 PM
I guess I just wouldn't bother trying to import such a flawed figure, but I know I'd cave if I saw it at retail in that colour scheme.

GoktimusPrime
9th March 2008, 04:50 PM
Considering how outrageous the RRP for Transformers are locally, it cost me about the same to import one.

autobreadticon
9th March 2008, 07:17 PM
thnxs for the reply :)

Hay does any1 have information on the 'transformers timeline' toys?

i saw a alpha trion , dirge and thrust from
http://www.redmercury.co.jp/shop/02transformers.php?mode=category&category=TRANSFORMERS and want more information on it

benben2142
9th March 2008, 07:38 PM
Is wheeljackslab a bad seller on ebay because I want some micromaster from him?

roller
9th March 2008, 07:45 PM

hmmmmm maybe:) would they be if you didnt want a micromaster from them?

dirge
9th March 2008, 08:50 PM

Please do at least some research before asking questions. (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=220) :)

Gutsman Heavy
9th March 2008, 09:02 PM
thnxs for the reply :)

Hay does any1 have information on the 'transformers timeline' toys?

i saw a alpha trion , dirge and thrust from
http://www.redmercury.co.jp/shop/02transformers.php?mode=category&category=TRANSFORMERS and want more information on it

botcon exclusives, very awesome.

'nuff said.

autobreadticon
9th March 2008, 10:51 PM
OH CRAP, THE FIRST BOTCON toys i actually wanted, again more information please , just to get me started :)

Thanatos
9th March 2008, 11:09 PM
Interesting little site you have there.

Can anyone tell me (someone who speaks Japanese, maybe Gok?) what that site is charging for the Cybertron Galvatron? Kind of a grail of mine at the moment.

And another thing, how are they able to sell botcon exclusives?

That was the link - > http://www.redmercury.co.jp/shop/02transformers.php?mode=category&category=TRANSFORMERS

1orion2many
9th March 2008, 11:35 PM

I didn't consider them a bad ebay seller, just difficult to get payment to. Because I wasn't U.S confirmed address I couldn't use Paypal so i had to go with the old method of Western Union Money order. Talk about causing the process to drag out, and to think this is what I used to do all the time:eek:.

1orion2many
9th March 2008, 11:41 PM
Interesting little site you have there.

Can anyone tell me (someone who speaks Japanese, maybe Gok?) what that site is charging for the Cybertron Galvatron? Kind of a grail of mine at the moment.

And another thing, how are they able to sell botcon exclusives?

That was the link - > http://www.redmercury.co.jp/shop/02transformers.php?mode=category&category=TRANSFORMERS

:confused:Am I right in that I have taken the 13,440円 near the Botcon Springer(it is Springer isn't it) is the price in Yen which is about $140.00 Aus and the Thrust underneath is $524.00 Aus:eek:.

GoktimusPrime
9th March 2008, 11:49 PM
Thanatos: <swear words> that site is f'expensive!! They're selling Cybertron Galvatron for 23100JPY which is about 242AUD. Screw that!

1orion2many: you are correct. Those prices are rip offs... (-_-)

Pipesqueak
10th March 2008, 06:35 PM
Found this on amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-More-than-Meets-Eye/dp/1600102956/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1205133829&sr=1-7

It's a preorder for volume 2 of the more than meets the eye series, with a December 2008 date. I didn't know IDW had commited to reprinting these. Is this old news? If it's true it's very good news for the likes of me.

benben2142
10th March 2008, 09:41 PM
Are any of these guys worth it ? http://search.stores.ebay.com/KSGJ03-Online-Toy-Store_pretenders_W0QQfcdZ2QQfciZQ2d1QQfclZ3QQfromZ R10QQfsnZKSGJ03Q20OnlineQ20ToyQ20StoreQQfsooZ1QQfs opZ1QQsaselZ111001372QQsofpZ0

I need pretenders!

Paulbot
10th March 2008, 09:43 PM
Re: IDW MTMTE

It's not new news that IDW said they would republish them, but it is new news that theres a date. However some Amazon preorders don't always happen but I hope it does because it means they might do the hardcover collection of all eight issues in one. :)

autobreadticon
10th March 2008, 09:47 PM
so goki how much are they really worth?

GoktimusPrime
10th March 2008, 10:29 PM
how much are what worth?

Thanatos
10th March 2008, 11:35 PM
Thanatos: <swear words> that site is f'expensive!! They're selling Cybertron Galvatron for 23100JPY which is about 242AUD. Screw that!

1orion2many: you are correct. Those prices are rip offs... (-_-)

Wow, well I'm glad that's all cleared up.

Thanks Gok!

kup
11th March 2008, 08:00 AM
Are any of these guys worth it ? http://search.stores.ebay.com/KSGJ03-Online-Toy-Store_pretenders_W0QQfcdZ2QQfciZQ2d1QQfclZ3QQfromZ R10QQfsnZKSGJ03Q20OnlineQ20ToyQ20StoreQQfsooZ1QQfs opZ1QQsaselZ111001372QQsofpZ0

I need pretenders!

I would say so since they are in their Masterforce boxes.

However keep in mind that Pretenders are a bit of an acquired taste.

Your parents are sure generous with the pocket money if you can afford them.

Bartrim
11th March 2008, 09:53 AM
I prefer trade paperbacks as opposed to single issue comic books (It's some wierd fetish but I just love how they look all standing next to each other in my book shelf:o)What is the best website to buy transformers tradepaperback comics from? I've had a bit of a hunt around and can't find a decent site.

kup
11th March 2008, 10:35 AM
I prefer trade paperbacks as opposed to single issue comic books (It's some wierd fetish but I just love how they look all standing next to each other in my book shelf:o)What is the best website to buy transformers tradepaperback comics from? I've had a bit of a hunt around and can't find a decent site.

I also prefer the TPB not so much for its shelf value but because you get to read the story all in one go without braking pace. However this is becoming a bit of a hassle as many fans have access to the individual issues (i don't, would need to mail order), therefore read the stories months before I do and tend to comment or mention things about it in the assumption that everyone else has read it too, inadvertently spoiling it for me :(

STL
11th March 2008, 10:36 AM
Amazon is your best bet. If you want to stay in Australia, Classic comics are online at eBay: pino65

They're a brick and mortars store in Melbourne. I get all my comics from there. If they dont have it in store you can always ask them to order it in. Just message them or call them. They offer the best retail prices in Australia I've found.

Bartrim
11th March 2008, 10:41 AM
Yeah that too Kup. I prefer to sit down and read the story in one sitting.

Thanks STL I'll give them a try:)

kup
11th March 2008, 10:42 AM
I order the TPBs from Amazon, I already have the second Spotlight TPB and the BW: The Ascending TPB on its way.

Sadly, mail ordering it from within Aus still costs like $15+ per normal issue with shipping which adds up to a whooping $90-$100 for a complete volume while the TPB only costs like $25!

If I worked in the city or some place where they sell the comics retail, I would pick them up but since I have no access to such places, I have to go with the TPB as the best option.

STL
11th March 2008, 10:46 AM
Yeah that too Kup. I prefer to sit down and read the story in one sitting.

Thanks STL I'll give them a try:)

If you're going with Classic Comics, let them know that the guy with standing order "Phat" recommended you. They know me (i'm a rather prolific customer). They might also ask for a deposit b/c your a first time buyer.

My advice too is to order several volumes in 1 go where u can. Works out cheaper.

Kup, you might want to try a standing order at King's Comics in Sydney? I'm sure they have those. Someone in metro city can pick them up or you can yourself once a month. I know that I pick up my comics once a month too.

griffin
11th March 2008, 11:27 AM
Some comic store options I have used or know of:
http://www.ruppsworld.com/Scripts/default.asp
http://www.grahamcrackers.com/index.html
Amazon
http://www.milehighcomics.com/ (used to have free shipping with orders over US$100, but not sure if they do any more)
And there is this listing, which isn't complete, but can give you some ideas on local and foreign comic shops that also have websites/online stores:
http://www.the-master-list.com/index.shtml

1orion2many
11th March 2008, 02:14 PM

I need pretenders!

Hunt around on ebay Benben, I picked up 2 boxed U.S Pretenders for $55.00 each. There isn't any real difference between the U.S and Japanese versions except packaging and paperwork, the Pretenders themselves I believe are identical.:)

benben2142
11th March 2008, 09:52 PM
Hey guys can someone give me some useful links to some web pages that can tell me a g1 toys paperwork and accessories, I have tried google and tfu.info but no luck............. And please reply for once!

autobreadticon
11th March 2008, 10:44 PM
did Australia receive any special promotion toys with the 2disc transformer movie DVD?

japan had spychanger optimus
bestbuy had robot hero cliffjumper/optimus prime

i was wondering if there were any other promotional toys for the 2007 2 disc dvd?

1orion2many
11th March 2008, 11:32 PM
Hey guys can someone give me some useful links to some web pages that can tell me a g1 toys paperwork and accessories, I have tried google and tfu.info but no luck............. And please reply for once!

I don't know if this will help but click on toys in the toolbar across the top. They have scans to instructions and catalogues.
http://tfarchive.com/links/

Bartrim
12th March 2008, 08:43 AM
For my G1 toys that don't have instructions I use botch the crab benben

iceburn
12th March 2008, 08:57 AM
benben, it's not that we or most of us don't reply to your queries.
we need time to find stuff too and we aren't "superhumans" with brains to answer all your questions

majority of us are not as knowledgeable and need time to absorb the info first too before answering you. so be patient, forgive our lack of response at times and if you don't get replies i.e. for a week, then you can start "shouting" at us for one...

Paulbot
12th March 2008, 09:49 AM
Benben, paperwork is not considered all that important to a lot of collectors so I don't know of the top of my head any resource that lists what came with each Transformer.

You can assume any G1 Transformer that came in a box had an Instruction book, sticker sheet and probably a toy catalogue and the red tech spec decoder. Most boxed toys and some Carded toys also had the mail away coupons for exclusive offers like Reflector and the Omnibots. Otherwise the carded Transformers had no paperwork other than a sticker sheet with the only exception I can think of being the small combiner [gestalt] limbs (eg Air Raid, Mixmaster, Swindle etc) which each had instructions for forming the larger robots.

Autobreadticon we did not any special promotion toys with the Transformer movie DVD (unless you count the Transforming Packaging).

Saintly
13th March 2008, 10:11 AM
I see the term TPB being used a fair bit... what does it mean? :)

TheDirtyDigger
13th March 2008, 10:15 AM
Trade Paperback.

Saintly
13th March 2008, 10:23 AM
thanks TDD :)

benben2142
14th March 2008, 11:54 PM
Does beast wars 10th anniversary waspinator come with twist ties or elastic bands?

STL
15th March 2008, 12:00 AM
Does beast wars 10th anniversary waspinator come with twist ties or elastic bands?

Neither I believe. I got mine last November-ish IIRC. The packaging is like a bubble u have to cut through to get the toy out.

autobreadticon
19th March 2008, 12:35 PM
why is it that for t/f movie toys, certain characters only feature in the deluxe size and not the voyager size? no starscream deluxe?

what is the difference between takara movie voyagers and hasbro ones?

What is a good source to watch t/f episodes online?

thanks for replys:)

GoktimusPrime
19th March 2008, 03:37 PM
why is it that for t/f movie toys, certain characters only feature in the deluxe size and not the voyager size? no starscream deluxe?
Amongst the Deluxe, Voyager and Leader classes they tend to release just one of each character per price point, with the exception of Megatron and Optimus Prime as these are considered to be the "primary" line up of movie TF figures. Other stuff like FABs, Cyber Slammers, Legends etc are more 'secondary' lines - i.e. marketed somewhat at a different sub-market of the TF consumer demographic (e.g. younger kids, infants etc).

what is the difference between takara movie voyagers and hasbro ones?
The TakaraTOMY AllSpark Power voyagers come with an AllSpark Cube, which is pretty much exactly the same as the G1 Energon Cubes but done in a different colour rubber. TakaraTOMY Incinerator is also black instead of grey.

Hasbro Incinerator
http://i24.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/c5/99/4399_10.JPG

TakaraTOMY Incinerator w/ AllSpark Cube
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/incinerator.jpg
(pictured here with G1 Energon Cubes, not included)

benben2142
20th March 2008, 09:41 PM
Hey guys do you think $113 us plus postage is good for a g1 hosehead misb, also how much is it in Australian money?

dirge
20th March 2008, 10:07 PM
Hey guys do you think $113 us plus postage is good for a g1 hosehead misb

Go to eBay, search for Hosehead, look at the completed listings.

More importantly, is that a good price for _you_?

also how much is it in Australian money?

You really need to research really simple stuff like this yourself, benben. If it's an eBay auction, you should be able to grab the AUD price from the listing. Failing that, go to www.xe.com and do the conversion yourself.

Pulse
20th March 2008, 10:10 PM
Hey guys do you think $113 us plus postage is good for a g1 hosehead misb, also how much is it in Australian money?

I don't know. My complete Chromedome set me back $75 & Chromedome is a physically larger Headmaster than Hosehead so...

Gutsman Heavy
20th March 2008, 10:39 PM
I personally don't think Hosehead is worth that much, but thats it isn't it, I think. personal value. I paid a lot for the BWII seacons but it was money well spent since I wanted them that badly.

If you want a hosehead that badly I've got one on eBay [/shamelessplug]

roller
21st March 2008, 12:05 AM
any individiual tf has the highest skill of transformation?

is there any tech spec that has the bar coloured right up to end of advanced

kup
21st March 2008, 09:20 AM
I have heard that Big Convoy is very hard to transform. Never experienced it myself though but I have ordered it.

Gutsman Heavy
21st March 2008, 11:05 AM
Big Convoy is a bastard to transform

benben2142
21st March 2008, 11:09 AM
Hey guys I was wondering, I went on google many times and I just couldn't find a toy picture of g1 masterforce Cab, because I wanted to compare the differences between g1 hosehead? Any links? It wasn't even on www.tfu.info/

GoktimusPrime
21st March 2008, 11:45 AM
afaik there's no difference between the Hosehead and Cab toys.

Here's what I found through GOOGLE (http://www.google.com.au):

Cab
http://tfbaka.de-blog.jp/1dai/images/photo_1988.jpg

Cab (right)
http://tfbaka.de-blog.jp/1dai/images/photo_2003.jpg

Cab (in box)
http://tfbaka.de-blog.jp/1dai/images/photo_1989.jpg

Hosehead
http://images.wikia.com/transformers/images/d/d4/G1Hosehead_toy.jpg

benben2142
21st March 2008, 11:51 AM
afaik there's no difference between the Hosehead and Cab toys.

Here's what I found through GOOGLE (http://www.google.com.au):

Cab
http://tfbaka.de-blog.jp/1dai/images/photo_1988.jpg

Cab (right)
http://tfbaka.de-blog.jp/1dai/images/photo_2003.jpg

Cab (in box)
http://tfbaka.de-blog.jp/1dai/images/photo_1989.jpg

Hosehead
http://images.wikia.com/transformers/images/d/d4/G1Hosehead_toy.jpg

Do you have g1 hosehead?

GoktimusPrime
21st March 2008, 12:24 PM
no. (btw there was no need to quote my entire post including images in your last post)

dirge
21st March 2008, 12:57 PM
Hosehead and Cab are identical, packaging aside.

benben2142
21st March 2008, 01:35 PM
Hosehead and Cab are identical, packaging aside.

That's funny because the box for Cab, states the name as Carb also the box for pretender Dauros states it as Dowlos. LOL!
And how come Carb is sitting outside of the truck not inside, also can he even fit inside?

GoktimusPrime
21st March 2008, 04:39 PM
The cab section of the fire engine flips out to form the lower legs, which means that in vehicle mode it would house the upper legs - which means that it cannot be hollow to fit the Nebulan or human component as with other Autobot Headmasters. I'd say that HasTak were trying something new with Hosehead/Cab in terms of the design and transformation. Fire fighters do actually sit on the outside of fire engines when operating or accessing equipment (e.g.: water cannons, ladder etc).

benben2142
23rd March 2008, 12:42 AM
I so want a g1 lightfoot, the godmasters are so hard to find on ebay.

1orion2many
23rd March 2008, 01:49 AM
I have heard that Big Convoy is very hard to transform. Never experienced it myself though but I have ordered it.

:)You mean the big Mammoth, i didn't think it was that bad:D.

GoktimusPrime
23rd March 2008, 09:25 AM
Yeah it is. It's a very convoluted shellformer.

benben2142
25th March 2008, 06:35 PM
Hey guys I was just wondering, how should I display my Misb collection like for carded transformers and misb transformers, where should I display them, because my room is very small, any ideas?

GoktimusPrime
25th March 2008, 07:09 PM
MISP collecting is not for those who are short on space! I'm constantly fighting for space display my loose collection!! So my advice is just to OPEN your toys.

But if you insist on displaying them sealed, then you'll need a shelves to display your boxed figures. I would recommend displaying carded figures off hooks off your wall.

Talk to your parents. Ideally you would want to have wall-bracket shelves for your MISB figures and your parents would probably want to have a say before you start sticking hooks all over your wall. If either you or your folks aren't keen on the idea of attaching these kinds of permanent fixtures to your walls, then another option is to get a bookcase. For carded figures you can use 3M Command hooks which are designed to be removed without marking/damaging the wall (provided you remove them according to the instructions). Command hooks don't work so well if your walls are painted with teflon coated non-stick paint though (as I suspect my walls are painted with (-_-)).

Now go make a photocomic :p

benben2142
25th March 2008, 09:00 PM
I don't understand, the hasbro seacons don't come with nautalator in the gift set, so how are you surpose to make the other leg for piranicon? Also how come g1 overbite comes with a stand?

Pulse
25th March 2008, 09:31 PM
I don't understand, the hasbro seacons don't come with nautalator in the gift set, so how are you surpose to make the other leg for piranicon? Also how come g1 overbite comes with a stand?

Quoted from Wikipedia's Seacon page

"when Dreamwave Productions profiled the Seacons, it was mentioned that Overbite, who normally becomes Piranacon’s gun (given the role by the toy’s instructions), often has to stand in for Nautilator as a limb ..."

You could say it's just a bit of "Scramble City" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hnv2V-JkgY

Paulbot
25th March 2008, 09:35 PM
All of the Seacon limbs come with stands so you can pose them in gun mode.

The Gift set was probably cheaper to produce with one less member and since you can still form Pirnancon with just five Seacons it wasn't a crucial loss.

GoktimusPrime
25th March 2008, 09:35 PM
yeah, the Targetmaster Seacons are basically "Scramble gestalts" - they're not part of the Scramble City series, but they have the same interchangeable limb gimmick that the other scramble gestalts have. As such you only need five Seacons to form Piranacon (four limbformers plus Snaptrap). The sixth Seacon formed the gun, hence being a "Targetmaster" (yeah, lame, I know).

benben2142
26th March 2008, 09:59 PM
Hey guys, I was wondering, what forum does eric use http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7sM4GWVmB4 Gok and you tell me because I need to send him an e-mail.

Pulse
26th March 2008, 10:20 PM
Hey guys, I was wondering, what forum does eric use http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7sM4GWVmB4 Gok and you tell me because I need to send him an e-mail.

Why can we hear his breathing so heavily? How physically exhausting is it to record something? Maybe he should focus a little less on his TFs & a little more on his weight.

kup
26th March 2008, 10:30 PM
Yeah it is. It's a very convoluted shellformer.

Big Convoy arrived yesterday and despite all the stuff I have heard about his transformation, I must say that I found it to be simple and intuitive. Of course from Mammoth to robot was dead easy but it was almost as easy from robot to mammoth.

Yes, he is a shameless shellformer but I didn't find anything difficult or frustrating about him.

Edit: Fixed Dyslexic post

benben2142
26th March 2008, 10:45 PM
Big Convoy arrived yesterday and despite all the stuff I have heard about his transformation, I must say that I found it to be simple and intuitive. Of course from Mammoth to robot was dead easy but it was almost as easy from mammoth to robot.

Yes, he is a shameless shell former but I didn't find anything difficult or frustrating about him.

Hey kup, what is the matrix thing that big convoy came with?

dirge
26th March 2008, 10:55 PM
Hey guys, I was wondering, what forum does eric use and you tell me because I need to send him an e-mail.

benben, if you need to contact eric, I would recommend some how contacting him through youtube. It's up to eric if he wants to disclose his email address to you - and noone else.

I have already addressed the issue of you trying to obtain people's contact details through others this week.

As for what forum eric uses, this will definitely be something that you would need to ask eric.

dirge
26th March 2008, 10:56 PM
what is the matrix thing that big convoy came with?

Big Convoy has a sculpted matrix on his chest in robot mode.

GoktimusPrime
26th March 2008, 11:02 PM
Why can we hear his breathing so heavily? How physically exhausting is it to record something? Maybe he should focus a little less on his TFs & a little more on his weight.
Well I don't know if Eric's health has much bearing on his ability or integrity as a reviewer. I've known Eric online for a few years now and I've found him to be a pretty nice guy who knows his stuff about TFs. Also, his breathing may or may not be due to his weight - maybe he's asthmatic or has oversized adnoids, who knows. I have no idea what Eric's medical situation is, and frankly, it's none of my business. It is irrelevant to Eric's TF knowledge and as a TF reviewer.

what is the matrix thing that big convoy came with?
Big Convoy is the second Transformer to ever come with a Matrix - the first being Lio Convoy. But Big Convoy is the first Transformer to come with a Matrix that could be removed from his chest and held in his hands.

In Beast Wars, all Maximal commanders had a Matrix - but they're not like the Creation Matrix or Autobot Matrix of Leadership. They're more like a super "power up" device that they can use to power up themselves or a weapon.
Big Convoy used his Matrix once to power up his Big Cannon into the Matrix Buster. In the Beast Wars movie Lio Convoy and Optimus Primal combined the power of their Matrices and powered themselves up as Flash Lio Convoy and Burning Convoy respectively.

http://images.wikia.com/transformers/images/1/12/PrimalLeadershipMatrix1.jpg

benben2142
27th March 2008, 01:15 AM
Well I don't know if Eric's health has much bearing on his ability or integrity as a reviewer. I've known Eric online for a few years now and I've found him to be a pretty nice guy who knows his stuff about TFs. Also, his breathing may or may not be due to his weight - maybe he's asthmatic or has oversized adnoids, who knows. I have no idea what Eric's medical situation is, and frankly, it's none of my business. It is irrelevant to Eric's TF knowledge and as a TF reviewer.

Big Convoy is the second Transformer to ever come with a Matrix - the first being Lio Convoy. But Big Convoy is the first Transformer to come with a Matrix that could be removed from his chest and held in his hands.

In Beast Wars, all Maximal commanders had a Matrix - but they're not like the Creation Matrix or Autobot Matrix of Leadership. They're more like a super "power up" device that they can use to power up themselves or a weapon.
Big Convoy used his Matrix once to power up his Big Cannon into the Matrix Buster. In the Beast Wars movie Lio Convoy and Optimus Primal combined the power of their Matrices and powered themselves up as Flash Lio Convoy and Burning Convoy respectively.

http://images.wikia.com/transformers/images/1/12/PrimalLeadershipMatrix1.jpg

Well gok, if you have seen Eric's collection you may have noticed that some figures are in glass display casings, now I believe they are fish tanks, lol but where could I find the ones that he is using?

GoktimusPrime
27th March 2008, 11:15 AM
I got my glass display cabinet for my Megatrons from a display store. Try using a phone book (http://www.yellowpages.com.au) or a search engine like GOOGLE (http://www.google.com.au) to find one in your area.

benben2142
29th March 2008, 02:13 PM
2 things.
1. I can't believe it, when I was transforming skylinux the gold sticker had torn, gaaahhh

2. How much are tickets to brisbane super nova for adults?

GoktimusPrime
29th March 2008, 04:07 PM
2. How much are tickets to brisbane super nova for adults?
<deep.sigh> (-_-)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/tard.jpg

kup
29th March 2008, 08:53 PM
2 things.
1. I can't believe it, when I was transforming skylinux the gold sticker had torn, gaaahhh

What the hell is a Skylinux?

roller
29th March 2008, 08:55 PM
Knock off of sky lynx

GoktimusPrime
29th March 2008, 09:23 PM
hahaha, also counterpart to Groundunix, MarineWindows and SpaceMacOS - they merge into the mighty super gestalt warrior known as Monorator! ph33r his 1337 powers of p0Wn4G3!!1!~1!

griffin
29th March 2008, 10:25 PM
I've said it before guys. No matter how annoying someone is, it is totally unacceptable to poke fun and belittle them publically like this. It puts off people from wanting to interact or join here, with this sort of treatment of others. Any more and there will be suspension of registrations. I've had enough trying to defend this place while you guys keep making it harder for me to do that.

Pulse
29th March 2008, 11:19 PM
Just because you see someone as easy pickings, it doesn't mean you should attack them openly through the forums. PMs are a much better option... :p

It's a Joke People

A Joke. :D

Sheesh

benben2142
29th March 2008, 11:55 PM
What the hell is a Skylinux?

Don't be silly mate, skylinux is that funky dinobird who likes to eat you because it doesn't like old timers, like kup.

roller
30th March 2008, 12:12 AM
im sitting on a fence

im sitting on a fence...

1orion2many
30th March 2008, 02:16 AM
im sitting on a fence

im sitting on a fence...

:eek:Does it hurt:p:D

Pulse
30th March 2008, 02:39 AM
im sitting on a fence

im sitting on a fence...

Oh come on, I dare you to jump off.

I double-dare you to jump off.

"PHYSICAL CHALLENGE!"

GoktimusPrime
30th March 2008, 09:20 AM
Don't be silly mate, skylinux is that funky dinobird who likes to eat you because it doesn't like old timers, like kup.

<deep.sigh> (@_@)

No, no it's not.

Sky Lynx (http://www.unicron.us/tf1986/figures/skylynx.htm)

sky (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sky)

Linux (http://www.linux.org/)

Trailer Park Ninja
30th March 2008, 09:08 PM
Hi all!

I have a query regarding the Hasbro G1 Commemorative reissues that were released a couple of years ago. I've checked their checklist (see below with the weblink at the bottom) to reconcile my collection against their releases.

I don't recall Ramjet, Ironhide or Trailbreaker ever being released here. I've never seen it at TRU or on ebay/online stores. I might have missed it at the time as I am not the most prolific transformer fan so this may be the case.

Were these ever released here or overseas? Had a look through this thread and did a search but don't think the question has been asked.

A Stan Lee No Prize to the one who can provide an absolute answer. Thanks in advance for your responses.

GENERATION 1 COMMEMORATIVE SERIES

2002 Toys R Us Exclusives

Series 1
G1 Optimus Prime
G1 Ultra Magnus
G1 Rodimus Major

Series 2
G1 Powermaster Optimus Prime
G1 Starscream

2003 Toys R Us Exclusives
Series 3
G1 Jazz
G1 Silverstreak
G1 Thundercracker

Series 4
G1 Prowl
G1 Red Alert
G1 Skywarp

Series 5
G1 Tracks
G1 Inferno
G1 Hoist

New G1 Smokescreen
New G1 Grapple
New G1 Rodimus Prime
20th Anniversary Optimus Prime
G1 Dirge
G1 Skids
G1 Sideswipe
G1 Ramjet
G1 Stepper
G1 Trailbreaker
G1 Ironhide

Exclusives
G1 Astrotrain (HasbroToyShop.com Exclusive)

http://hasbro.com/transformers/en%5FGB/default.cfm?page=Collectors/Checklist

roller
30th March 2008, 09:12 PM
im told trailbreaker was a jap exclusive,so unfair

dirge
30th March 2008, 09:25 PM
The simple answer is that Hasbro never released them.

They canned the line before this trio - and Sideswipe - hit the shelves. The stock of Sideswipe that _had_ been produced made its way to Canada & Australia - but he never hit the USA.

As roller correctly points out, Trailbreaker was sold in Japan only. Along with Ironhide, Ratchet, Ramjet, Thrust, Dirge and possibly some others I've missed.

They were generally limited in Japan, along with limited editions of Red Alert, Sideswipe, Thundercracker, Skywarp, Hoist, Inferno & Grapple.

Trailer Park Ninja
30th March 2008, 09:37 PM
Gentlemen, thank you both for your informative responses. A Mighty Marvel Stan Lee No Prize is headed your way!

Thanks for clearing that up :)

Borgeman
30th March 2008, 09:46 PM
Series I

Optimus Prime
Rodimus Major
Ultra Magnus Series II

Powermaster Optimus Prime with Apex Armor
Starscream Series III

Autobot Jazz
Silverstreak
Thundercracker Series IV

Prowl
Red Alert
Skywarp Series V

Hoist
Inferno
Autobot Tracks Series VI

Autobot Grapple
Smokescreen Series VII

Dirge
Rodimus Prime Series VIII

Side Swipe
Autobot Skids Series IX

Ricochet with Nightstick
Astrotrain Commemorative Edition

Soundwave
You can see all of them in my collection pics:
http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=645

George

autobreadticon
30th March 2008, 10:11 PM
hay, can you guys please explain th timeline for when toys released in the U.S reach Aussie shelves. Mainly cause i want to get a rough idea of when animated toys reach your shores..

GoktimusPrime
30th March 2008, 10:33 PM
Right here (http://www.cliffbee.com/aussietf.htm)

Only lists figures that have already been released so Animated won't be listed until they're sighted in stores here.

benben2142
1st April 2008, 06:43 PM
What happens at the end of masterforce, were are all the god masters and why did ginrai leave his transector? Also, I joined tfw2005.com but I'm still not registered yet and I joined 1 week ago?

Paulbot
1st April 2008, 07:20 PM
Spoiler tags please for anyone who answers Benben's question about Masterforce. Some of us are only half way through the series.

As for tfw2005.com did you get any email from them when you joined up? You could reply to that and ask about your registration. Or you could try signing up again.

GoktimusPrime
1st April 2008, 08:01 PM
benben2142: why don't you just watch Masterforce and find out for yourself?!? Or if you really can't wait, go look it up on GOOGLE

I found this site (http://www.tenchionline.com/ragey/Cartoons/TransformersMasterforce.htm) after a 10 second Google search.

http://www.google.com.au/

benben2142
1st April 2008, 11:39 PM
Hey guys is this a japanese pre-rub ? http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType=Category&II=TFJG1C56&lang=us&CatID=1_44 Also how come it doesn't have chrome wheels and rubber tires?

Pulse
1st April 2008, 11:44 PM
Hey guys is this a japanese pre-rub ? http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType=Category&II=TFJG1C56&lang=us&CatID=1_44 Also how come it doesn't have chrome wheels and rubber tires?

I believe that may be a KO. (Liege showed me a pic of a KO carded & bot mode Cosmos & this fits the bill perfectly)

dirge
2nd April 2008, 01:19 AM
This would be a knock off World's Smallest Bumblebee.

griffin
2nd April 2008, 03:23 AM
If I recall, that was a promotional item in Japan. One of their store exclusives I believe.
Yep, found it:
http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=11312&f_cat=5&f_year=&f_keyword=
http://tfkenkon.com/collection/act472/index.php

1orion2many
2nd April 2008, 11:41 AM
What happens at the end of masterforce, were are all the god masters and why did ginrai leave his transector? Also, I joined tfw2005.com but I'm still not registered yet and I joined 1 week ago?

:eek:I haven't watched all of Masterforce yet so I didn't need to see this information. SPOILER WARNINGS are a handy thing to put above your post.:rolleyes:

kup
2nd April 2008, 11:48 AM
:eek:I haven't watched all of Masterforce yet so I didn't need to see this information. SPOILER WARNINGS are a handy thing to put above your post.:rolleyes:

Don't worry they are misleading 'spoilers'. Benben's post is so badly written that technically its incorrect and didn't happen in the series.

You haven't been spoiled :)

1orion2many
2nd April 2008, 02:30 PM
Don't worry they are misleading 'spoilers'. Benben's post is so badly written that technically its incorrect and didn't happen in the series.

You haven't been spoiled :)

:DMy Wife would argue that point:D.

dirge
2nd April 2008, 08:55 PM
:DMy Wife would argue that point:D.

The joke's on her then, isn't it? Being recently married and all ;)

1orion2many
2nd April 2008, 11:34 PM
The joke's on her then, isn't it? Being recently married and all ;)

:DNo she is planning on getting rich by selling my TF's when I'm old and senile and that's not to far away as far as she is concerned:D.

benben2142
3rd April 2008, 01:13 AM
Hey guys, have any of you guys bought a takara micromaster reissue set before? If so what paper work did they come with, was it just the instructions, or were there stickers or notes? Can some one tell me before I buy this http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType=Category&II=TFDXMN&lang=us&CatID=1_34 Also were there anything specific on the boxes, because these ones don't come with box? Did they have robo point on the box because encore toys do?

GoktimusPrime
3rd April 2008, 04:41 PM
each figure comes with a booklet that has instructions, individual tech specs (which the originals didn't have) and background story. No robot points.

benben2142
3rd April 2008, 06:47 PM
each figure comes with a booklet that has instructions, individual tech specs (which the originals didn't have) and background story. No robot points.
Did the reissue landcross come in individual bots or did they just come in a box set, also can you tell me if that landcross in the link come with all paper work?

kup
3rd April 2008, 08:10 PM
I was thinking today about holding back from buying Universe Classics due to the almost certainty that Takara will come up with a Henkei 2.0 of their own sporting much higher quality finishes and better implemented and thoughtful paintjobs. However then I thought how Hasbro has pretty much ended the Classics line and incorporated it into Universe...

Is it at all possible that Takara may not go forth with a Henkei 2.0 because Hasbro has placed the molds within the Universe line?

I am not sure how Takara works out the re-releases from previous Hasbro lines but maybe they can't just pick and choose which molds they want to release so they can only choose a full line. Because Universe is destined to be filled with mostly junk, is it at all possible that Takara will not want to release the Classic Universe toys as Henkei due to the baggage that comes along with it?

GoktimusPrime
3rd April 2008, 08:24 PM
reissue Landcross came in separate boxes - and like the reissue Micromasters, also had chase black figures.

roller
3rd April 2008, 09:08 PM
Kup, the japs will release them with better colours, i guarantee it, i guarantee it with guam

benben2142
3rd April 2008, 09:50 PM
reissue Landcross came in separate boxes - and like the reissue Micromasters, also had chase black figures.

Hey gok, I may be a big pane in the butt, but can you take a photo of the box of and landcross and its paper work, make sure if you do, take a photo of the box in every angle, only one box and it's paperwork, no need for all 6.

Pulse
3rd April 2008, 10:27 PM
I was thinking today about holding back from buying Universe Classics due to the almost certainty that Takara will come up with a Henkei 2.0 of their own sporting much higher quality finishes and better implemented and thoughtful paintjobs. However then I thought how Hasbro has pretty much ended the Classics line and incorporated it into Universe...

Is it at all possible that Takara may not go forth with a Henkei 2.0 because Hasbro has placed the molds within the Universe line?

I am not sure how Takara works out the re-releases from previous Hasbro lines but maybe they can't just pick and choose which molds they want to release so they can only choose a full line. Because Universe is destined to be filled with mostly junk, is it at all possible that Takara will not want to release the Classic Universe toys as Henkei due to the baggage that comes along with it?

If I were in your shoes, I wouldn't be able to put Sunstreaker/Prowl/Powerglide/Onslaught/Octane/Galvatron etc. back on the shelf. I don't think I'd be able to wait for Takara versions. In my opinion, These Classics figures are just so much more cooler than the Animated stuff - Hands Down! :p

autobreadticon
3rd April 2008, 10:40 PM
Okay i dunt get the allsparks ability, how does it determine if the transformers is a decepticon or autobot. Sam in the movie activates the allspark's power. We see 3 metallic objects affected, vending machine (dispensor - unknown allegiance), stockade (decpeticon) and an xbox unit (which i assume is high score 100 or even the new green variant which is decepticon).

Also is depensor an autobot or decpeticon?

Also can someone please provide information on getting a spychanger movie optimus, is it still possible to get one or is it limited?

dirge
3rd April 2008, 11:52 PM
The Autobot & Decepticon allegiances of the toys are just that - toy allegiances. The "new" Transformers created by the AllSpark in the film don't have defined allegiances or names in the film itself.

Most likely these "new" Transformers would eventually decide for themselves which faction to side with - if any.

roller
4th April 2008, 12:44 AM
although

someone here raised the point that the cube could have a decepticon influence since the new life it created, like the mtdew tf, were attacking people

Gutsman Heavy
4th April 2008, 12:51 AM
It creates life, not political views.

Try to think of them as neanderthal TFs. All instinct, no social tact.

benben2142
4th April 2008, 01:21 AM

Does this toy come with everything it should, like paperwork and accessories

kup
4th April 2008, 09:16 AM
Does this toy come with everything it should, like paperwork and accessories

Why the obsession with paperwork, tech spec decoders and so forth?

You are only making it harder for yourself as a G1 collector when you reject everything that doesn't come with such things.

benben2142
4th April 2008, 09:40 AM
Why the obsession with paperwork, tech spec decoders and so forth?

You are only making it harder for yourself as a G1 collector when you reject everything that doesn't come with such things.

But I want to be complete to the full.

GoktimusPrime
4th April 2008, 12:30 PM
Later (i.e.: 1989 onwards) didn't have tech specs decoders anyway, so it's rather irrelevant.

They come with all the accessories that the originals had - weapons and gestalt parts. Although the decos on the chestplate is painted on whereas the original had stickers.

benben2142
4th April 2008, 01:00 PM
Later (i.e.: 1989 onwards) didn't have tech specs decoders anyway, so it's rather irrelevant.

They come with all the accessories that the originals had - weapons and gestalt parts. Although the decos on the chestplate is painted on whereas the original had stickers.

I actually like the idea of stickers, because it gives the toy a nice touch.
Also were there any thing in particular that the reissue micromasters had to cut from the box, like promotions and stuff like that? Or is it just the plane art work, because I do know that encore reissues have robot points on the box flap.

iceburn
4th April 2008, 01:35 PM
I actually like the idea of stickers, because it gives the toy a nice touch.

Sorry, this is not to offend you but thought you hated stickers???

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/images/statusicon/thread_hot_new.gif March Acquisitions. (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=610)

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/images/icons/icon1.gif I went to titan's tower and picked up the encore... (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=14495#post14495)

I went to titan's tower and picked up the encore Skylinux and the revoltech Megatron, and I am going to avoid labeling stickers on skylinux.......... HATE STICKERS

Pulse
4th April 2008, 04:51 PM
benben, I don't think you realise that most people who bought G1's back in the day didn't end up keeping things like Instructions/Tech Specs/Decoders/Sticker Sheets. They weren't completists who had to keep everything that came with their TF. You shouldn't expect to find all this stuff when searching for a G1. Hell, only 1 of my vintage G1's actually has instructions (Shockwave) while I've only got Tech Specs for 2 of them (Shockwave & Ramhorn). As long as a G1 has all it's accessories (guns/attachments etc.), don't fuss over anything else.

Geminii
4th April 2008, 06:40 PM
benben, I don't think you realise that most people who bought G1's back in the day didn't end up keeping things like Instructions/Tech Specs/Decoders/Sticker Sheets.

Well, y'know, apart from us.

Robzy
4th April 2008, 09:07 PM
I didn't even keep many of the boxes! :(:(

Maybe that's why I love the Encore line so much! :p

benben2142
5th April 2008, 11:38 AM
ozformer is in the news of tfw2005 http://www.tfw2005.com/

roller
5th April 2008, 11:50 AM
Im old Greg

Gutsman Heavy
5th April 2008, 12:47 PM
I am so very close to odering Henkei Prime, Megs, Bumble and Starscream from robotkingdom, how are they? and whats the best choice for shipping? Registered Airmail or EMS?

benben2142
5th April 2008, 02:22 PM
Is this worth it? http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-1989-STAR-SABER-C-324-TAKARA-MINT-Rare_W0QQitemZ320231982448QQihZ011QQcategoryZ4694Q QrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQ cmdZViewItem and it says $35 to asia and $47 to us $54 to eur and $85 to sa, what is sa? Also what the hight of starsaber and what are the play gimmicks?

Paulbot
5th April 2008, 02:34 PM
The same seller has another one that's $50 cheaper item: 320230630905

SA is South America.

Someone who has the toy will have to answer your other questions.

benben2142
5th April 2008, 02:39 PM
The same seller has another one that's $50 cheaper item: 320230630905

SA is South America.

Someone who has the toy will have to answer your other questions.

That other one is not as mint as this one also it ha no paper work, I'd rather pay the extra $50.

Paulbot
5th April 2008, 03:09 PM
I am so very close to odering Henkei Prime, Megs, Bumble and Starscream from robotkingdom, how are they? and whats the best choice for shipping? Registered Airmail or EMS?

Quite a lot of people have been buying from robotkingdom recently (based on the acquistions thread) and most seem quite happy with their service. I've ordered two toys from them with Registered Airmail and it came very quick.

Robzy
5th April 2008, 04:41 PM
I found Registered Airmail from Robot Kingdom to be very quick to SA!

But the interesting thing is... although HLJ don't actually have any Japanese Classics in stock at the moment, they appear to be cheaper (SAL postage included) than Robot Kingdom!

STL
5th April 2008, 10:50 PM
I found Registered Airmail from Robot Kingdom to be very quick to SA!

But the interesting thing is... although HLJ don't actually have any Japanese Classics in stock at the moment, they appear to be cheaper (SAL postage included) than Robot Kingdom!

I'm pretty sure it isn't. I came up with my calculations based on their website and combined it with current exchange rates and was pretty certain RK was still cheaper. Plus the combined shipping is really good at RK. I think I got 440 dollars odd of stuff for less than 100 shipping. :)

Hrm, looking at the Yen's appreciation to 93ish and the USD at 92, i reckon it might be slighty cheaper but not by much.

Gutsman Heavy
6th April 2008, 12:00 AM
thanks guys, I've just bought myself the four for the tidy sum of $140.94AUD inc delivery, not too shabby!

Robzy
6th April 2008, 01:01 PM
I'm pretty sure it isn't. I came up with my calculations based on their website and combined it with current exchange rates and was pretty certain RK was still cheaper.
Maybe combined shipping is cheaper - I'm not sure. But take Optimus Prime for example...

http://www.hlj.com/product/TKT79347

Figure ($29.55 US) + SAL postage ($8.67 US) = ($38.22 US) $41.47 AUD

whereas...
http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType=Category&II=TFTCSC01&lang=us&CatID=1_64

Figure ($29.90 US) + Registered air mail ($16.90 US) = ($46.87) $50.86 AUD

Roughly $9 difference for 1 figure! Now, I know most people probably wouldn't buy just one, therefore it will work out better... but HLJ's combined shipping prices have been just as good as Robot Kingdom's in my experience.

In the end it probably doesn't make a huge difference either way :)

autobreadticon
6th April 2008, 01:22 PM
i want to get at least one beast wars figure , only characters that appear in the cartoon. Which set regardless of series should i get, should i get hasbro or Takara figures. thanks

roller
6th April 2008, 09:29 PM
if your loaded get the takara beastwars, they are more show accurate apparently, plus they come in cool boxes and have sexy catalogoues

Gutsman Heavy
6th April 2008, 10:12 PM
"Henkei! Henkei! Transformers is the name of the Japanese version of the Classics toyline." According to the wiki, but what does Henkei mean?

Also, is there any reason given in the TF film fiction to account for the vastly different style between the mainline movie figs and the Energon/Cybertron redecoes? I'd like to see some explanation to account for the radical difference between the two :)

GoktimusPrime
7th April 2008, 10:07 AM
yeah, generally speaking the Japanese BW figures are more showlike because Beast Wars came out in Japan in 1997, same time as the show was released so they had the opportunity to repaint their figures to make them more like the show. Hasbro's BW TFs first debuted in 1996 well before the show was made. Takara's BW reissues are even more show-like, so I would go for those if you're a real stickler for show-likeness.

According to the wiki, but what does Henkei mean?

'Transform' or 'transformation.'

e.g.:
ブロールは戦車に変形 (Burooru wa sensha ni henkei) = "Brawl transforms into a tank"
ブロールの変形は戦車(Burooru no henkei wa sensha) = "Brawl's transformation is a tank"

Gutsman Heavy
7th April 2008, 11:06 AM
So one could read the name as "Transform! Transform! Transformers!"

Epic.

GoktimusPrime
7th April 2008, 12:15 PM
Yeah pretty much. :) There used to be a Japanese cultural festival in Sydney called the Matsuri Fiesta Festival. Matsuri means festival in Japanese and Fiesta is Spanish for festival, so 'Matsuri Fiesta Festival' translates as "Festival Festival Festival." :p :)

Mmm... tortology fresh... ;)

autobreadticon
7th April 2008, 09:07 PM
i was thinking of getting 20th annviersary so as a whole create transmutate

GoktimusPrime
7th April 2008, 09:14 PM
Other than Waspinator, I personally don't really like the Hasbro reissues. I collected Transmutate by getting the Transmutate parts off other people who collected the reissues but didn't want to Transmutate parts - oh, and one off Waspinator, the only Hasbro reissue I got. :p

If show-likeness is something that you want to go for, I would absolutely recommend the Takara reissues instead.

Having said that, if you do choose to go for the Hasbro reissues LMK because I have a Hasbro reissue Dinobot that I don't want. It's in loose mint in box condition - as in I opened the toy just once and then put it back in. Never been played with or even transformed. :)

autobreadticon
7th April 2008, 09:43 PM
Goki your right the Hasbro toys have weird facial appearances.

What is a good site to get excellent coverage of Botcon 2008?
When are premiums released in Australia?

roller
7th April 2008, 10:04 PM
Griffin writes up a jim dandy account of his botcon trips every year, last year he took a snap of a whopper whopper.

why so many questions? Are you a Bond villian? :D

I think we have to wait and see if we get premiums, i could be wrong

griffin
8th April 2008, 01:02 PM
Premiums are just going to be part of the regular releases, so whenever we get through the regular Movie toys we should see Premium. I'd expect it wouldn't be too long though, because stores won't be wanting too many Movie toys leading up to the release of Animated in June.
Good sites for BotCOn coverage would be the big global fan forums like www.tfw2005.com (http://www.tfw2005.com) and the local one here of course. :)

sanbot
8th April 2008, 01:59 PM
Hi,

Not sure if I should post in this thread. Please advise if otherwise.

I'm having trouble transforming Megatron MP5 in particular the arms. I have viewed a few videos but can not tell how to do it from watching them.

I've taken two pictures of what it looks like. I would really appreciate any help I could get coz I'm starting to get scared that I might have a defective one =(

As you can tell from both images, that they do not align and I cannot push it anymore to force it to align. Which step have I forgotten to do?

http://inlinethumb26.webshots.com/30937/2404038980043612592S600x600Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2404038980043612592ZzNFmE)

http://inlinethumb01.webshots.com/33664/2629828190043612592S600x600Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2629828190043612592mWgVHm)

griffin
8th April 2008, 02:20 PM
I think that was a common problem with MP Megatron, and I think mine had the same problem. The whole shoulder/arm sections seemed to be so fragile, I wasn't game to do too much fiddling or forcing. If someone else here can't help you out by the end of today, I'll have a look at mine for you (I transformed it once to gun mode and back, and wasn't too keen on doing it again because of how fragile it felt).

sanbot
8th April 2008, 02:35 PM
I think that was a common problem with MP Megatron, and I think mine had the same problem. The whole shoulder/arm sections seemed to be so fragile, I wasn't game to do too much fiddling or forcing. If someone else here can't help you out by the end of today, I'll have a look at mine for you (I transformed it once to gun mode and back, and wasn't too keen on doing it again because of how fragile it felt).

Thanks. Please let me if you look at yours.

I've actually used quite a bit of force already and even then I could not force it to "click" on. Already, I can notice some tiny scratches and I'm sure I do not need to use this much force to the extent that it will get damaged.

benben2142
8th April 2008, 02:40 PM
Hey guys, it's the school holidays again, and I would like to consider buying glass display cabinets, what should I type in on the yellow pages? Because I need to locate a store, ikea's are crap! don't buy them!

Bartrim
8th April 2008, 03:43 PM
Hey guys, it's the school holidays again, and I would like to consider buying glass display cabinets, what should I type in on the yellow pages? Because I need to locate a store, ikea's are crap! don't buy them!

Try typing in what you are looking for ie: display cabinets, shelving, storage. That should help. Why do you think Ikea are crap? My wife and I bought alot of our furniture from there. In fact we just assembled a new chest of drawers for our sons room last night that we bought from Ikea on the weekend. Its a whole lot better then Fantastic Furniture thats for sure:)

Borgeman
8th April 2008, 04:14 PM
ben, why dont you ask your parents what stores sell them, im sure they could tell you that places like harvery norman and freedom etc sell them...

George

Robzy
8th April 2008, 07:08 PM
Thanks. Please let me if you look at yours.

I've actually used quite a bit of force already and even then I could not force it to "click" on. Already, I can notice some tiny scratches and I'm sure I do not need to use this much force to the extent that it will get damaged.

Shazam, I have had the same "problem" with my MP Megs. For ages I couldn't get the damn halves of the arm to line up! :mad: I found it a bit tricky at first, but a few months ago I discovered the "secret"...

Basically, it's a 2 step process to get the arms flush... I would suggest straightening his arm out again, then...
1) Push his arm (the shoulder part) down while holding the forearm, then
2) Pushing it a little further until you hear it click (hopefully not a bad "it's broken" click tho! :p)

I know it sounds weird to say push it down twice, but it seems to hit a little spot and stop, so you need to then push it past that point so it clicks in! At least, this is what I do... and it works perfectly every time!

Don't be scared to push it with a little force, but please be careful! :)

Goodluck... :)

kup
8th April 2008, 10:39 PM
Shazam, I have had the same "problem" with my MP Megs. For ages I couldn't get the damn halves of the arm to line up! :mad: I found it a bit tricky at first, but a few months ago I discovered the "secret"...

Basically, it's a 2 step process to get the arms flush... I would suggest straightening his arm out again, then...
2) Pushing it a little further until you hear it click (hopefully not a bad "it's broken" click tho! :p)

I know it sounds weird to say push it down twice, but it seems to hit a little spot and stop, so you need to then push it past that point so it clicks in! At least, this is what I do... and it works perfectly every time!

That's right, the black double joints slide a little. It is so small that the slide is almost invisible. You have the right idea already based on the pics, just try to slide gently the black double joint until you hear a click like robsy mentioned. The Arm should fit in just fine after that.

Megatron may seem fragile but I must have transformed him like 20 times and had no issues with him. He is not as fragile as he seems but like always, its a good idea to be careful with any toy that size.

benben2142
8th April 2008, 11:20 PM
I want sho 109 http://www.posdisplays.com.au/index.htm also where are these guys located? Are there better pic's?

Bartrim
9th April 2008, 08:38 AM
I want sho 109 http://www.posdisplays.com.au/index.htm also where are these guys located? Are there better pic's?

According to the website you linked us too they are located here:
Showroom: 9 Leonard Street, Hornsby NSW 2077
Postal: PO Box 66, Pennant Hills NSW 1715

Try browsing the website before asking questions like that mate, otherwise you could antagonise other board members. Me, I like answering easy questions. Makes me feel smrt... I mean smart:p

benben2142
9th April 2008, 01:49 PM
Hey guys, how come, the movie legends have changed there boxes? On the front it says ages 5+ and on the new box it says 5+ in a bubble, also I have notice that the new legends come with paperwork and the old ones don't and on the back, the original box had teac specs where is the new box just states 2 in 1.

sanbot
9th April 2008, 01:58 PM

Robzy, thank you so much for the suggestion. I will try it when I get home today. But I believe when I tried to do it, I already heard the "click"... and whenever I try to push it down further it just won't budge...fingers crossed it'll work this time.

Also, all up, how many "clicks" should there be?

GoktimusPrime
9th April 2008, 04:42 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/look.jpg

And how come your acquisition pics are mirror-reversed?

Hey guys, how come, the movie legends have changed there boxes?
Welcome to the world of packaging variants.

autobreadticon
9th April 2008, 07:29 PM
was there ever a reason why Takara stop making stoped the line of ''takara reissue collection"?

Pulse
9th April 2008, 08:19 PM
www.POSdisplays.com.au

:D Whenever I see those 3 letters next to each other, I think of "Piece of Shi# Displays" :D

It's a Joke guys

A Joke

Scraping the bottom of the barrel for Comedy Gold... :D

ROFL!

(Oh, & I am aware of the fact that POS stands for "Point of Sale")

dirge
9th April 2008, 09:25 PM
was there ever a reason why Takara stop making stoped the line of ''takara reissue collection"?

So they could create another line with new numbering.

This allows them to redo Convoy (Prime), Megatron & Starscream a third time :rolleyes:

iceburn
11th April 2008, 11:02 AM
Did the reissue landcross come in individual bots or did they just come in a box set, also can you tell me if that landcross in the link come with all paper work?

benben,

i've just ordered them from Robot Kingdom...
All bots comes sealed in their bags and complete with instructions (paper work) in their own individual boxes

so yes, if you want them...go ahead and buy them.
i'll have pictures up in the acquisition page later on tonight/tomorrow
have fun and great to see you purchasing so many toys lately

roller
12th April 2008, 07:43 PM
has there ever been an explanation as to why Hasbro just reused g1 episodes for the G2 tv show?

Surely they knew it would not appeal to kids as they were not new adventures with the characters being recoloured and some having new bodies altogether

Pulse
12th April 2008, 08:37 PM
:rolleyes: Cos they were lazy & thought people wouldn't remember?

benben2142
13th April 2008, 01:37 AM
Finished watching masterforce, it only took me 3 days lol!

SPOILERS BELOW

I don't understand, how come clouder and the decepticon headmasters separated from there transectors? Also did mega and giga die?

END SPOILERS

And also buster and hydra is so dumb and foolish, I hate them more than g1 wheelie!

dirge
13th April 2008, 02:06 AM
benben, please make the effort to insert spoiler tags.

Please read the episode summary (episode 42) here (http://www.decepticon-matrix.com/masterforceguide.html#Ep.42).

GoktimusPrime
13th April 2008, 09:11 AM
has there ever been an explanation as to why Hasbro just reused g1 episodes for the G2 tv show?

Surely they knew it would not appeal to kids as they were not new adventures with the characters being recoloured and some having new bodies altogether

From what I've heard, the original concept of Transformers Generation 2 was to dub over the Japanese G1 series using the English language G1 voice actors (e.g. Cullen, Welker et al) - and then spice them up with CGI (Cybernet Space Cube). But then someone decided that it would be a better idea to rehash the old US series first so that G2 would run from Season 1 to Victory. Of course, the idea fell on its butt because of that. (-_-)

I'm not sure if Hasbro were planning on releasing Takara exclusive figures as part of G2, but that would've worked a lot better than the initial wave of weirdly repainted G1 figures (although G2 Sideswipe looks cool IMO).

roller
13th April 2008, 11:43 AM
i thought g1 jap series was just US g1 dubbed in jap

except for Headmaster etc

and then if they dubbed HM's in english they would have to ignore rebirth

kup
13th April 2008, 12:32 PM
From what I've heard, the original concept of Transformers Generation 2 was to dub over the Japanese G1 series using the English language G1 voice actors (e.g. Cullen, Welker et al) - and then spice them up with CGI (Cybernet Space Cube). But then someone decided that it would be a better idea to rehash the old US series first so that G2 would run from Season 1 to Victory. Of course, the idea fell on its butt because of that. (-_-)

I'm not sure if Hasbro were planning on releasing Takara exclusive figures as part of G2, but that would've worked a lot better than the initial wave of weirdly repainted G1 figures (although G2 Sideswipe looks cool IMO).

Whoever made that call should have been shot!

Imagine Headmasters, Masterforce and Victory with a popper English dub, it would be awesome!

benben2142
13th April 2008, 03:58 PM
Hey guys I want to know more info on season 5 since there was no cartoon I want to read the comics of it, so are there any idw reprints of the marvel comic ones?

Paulbot
13th April 2008, 04:38 PM
Information about Season 5 (which was old episodes) is here:
http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Generation_1_%28cartoon%29#Season_5

The Marvel comic does not follow the cartoon seasons. However from about issue 40 of the Marvel comic, characters from the fifth year of toys start to appear. These issues have not been reprinted by IDW yet.

autobreadticon
13th April 2008, 07:28 PM
what episode in cybertron did soundwave make his debut?

For the movie brawl deluxe is there a way to make his shoulder joint less kibely?

thanks

Pulse
13th April 2008, 09:22 PM
what episode in cybertron did soundwave make his debut?

According to wikipedia "Soundwave first makes his appearance in the episode Titan, offering to lead Megatron and his minions to the planet Gigantion..."

For the movie brawl deluxe is there a way to make his shoulder joint less kibely?

Not really. You just have to jam his arms in there. They're not very poseable but that's just the mould's shortcomings.

I've read about people putting a dab of superglue into the shoulder socket to permanently hold his arms in place - but it's not something I'd recommend unless you wanna be able to tf him in the future.

Hope that's helped a little. :D

goro
13th April 2008, 11:21 PM
actually jin has made a tutoria to fix brawls shoulders... all u need is a craft blade

benben2142
14th April 2008, 01:41 PM
Hey guys My birthday is in may 18th, and my mum told me she would buy me a rare transformer that is under $600. I not to sure what g1 I want, can some one recommend me a web site that have vintage g1's? Also I am after some g1's that are after 1986 and have never been reissued.

autobreadticon
14th April 2008, 02:02 PM
benben, how about getting a bunch of toys that equal $500-600:eek:

benben2142
14th April 2008, 02:10 PM
benben, how about getting a bunch of toys that equal $500-600:eek:

NO WAY I must have vintage VINTAGE I TELL YAH VINTAGE VINTAGE VINTAGE VINTAGE VINTAGE VINTAGE VINTAGE ................. LOL

kup
14th April 2008, 02:35 PM
NO WAY I must have vintage VINTAGE I TELL YAH VINTAGE VINTAGE VINTAGE VINTAGE VINTAGE VINTAGE VINTAGE ................. LOL

You can get a lot of Vintage for that amount.

So your parents give you $600 birthday presents huh? That explains a lot. :rolleyes:

iceburn
14th April 2008, 02:48 PM
wow..wished my parents could give me $600. i would be in heaven!!!
buy a botcon set

benben2142
14th April 2008, 02:55 PM
wow..wished my parents could give me $600. i would be in heaven!!!
buy a botcon set

OMG you guys are adults, you can afford a car,fort max, overlord, grand max, brave max, scorponok and black zarak winch is much more than $600. So any web sties for benben.

1orion2many
14th April 2008, 02:56 PM
:)A nice complete Boxed Overlord might be close to the $600 Aus mark for you Benben;). Maybe a Victory Saber box set but I'm not to sure how much they go for(Victory Leo & Star Saber in one box):D.

Paulbot
14th April 2008, 02:57 PM
Big Bad Toy Store has a lot of Vintage toys, but often they are not complete (or at at least not complete in your sense of all paperwork)

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/productlist.aspx?browse=1&mode=vintage&list=recent

Online stores like Robot Kingdom also have old G1 toys.

Pretty much everything between 1987 to 1991 has not been reissued, although there are some exceptions.

Bartrim
14th April 2008, 03:46 PM
OMG you guys are adults, you can afford a car,fort max, overlord, grand max, brave max, scorponok and black zarak winch is much more than $600. So any web sties for benben.

We also have mortgages or rent, insurance, rates, car rego, groceries, doctors bills and various other expensive needs that take priority over purchasing such precious tf's.

benben2142
14th April 2008, 03:49 PM
We also have mortgages or rent, insurance, rates, car rego, groceries, doctors bills and various other expensive needs that take priority over purchasing such precious tf's.

LOL no wonder why everyone buys tf's with no papperwork.

Pulse
14th April 2008, 04:21 PM
Life's financial matters have much greater importance over toys.

I know I'd much rather live in a house with no TF's than live on the street with every G1 ever made.

It comes down to Needs Vs Wants (Highschool Commerce actually came in useful for once :D).

Paulbot
14th April 2008, 04:56 PM
Discussions on how and why much you spend what you do on TFs are not appropriate here, there's separate threads on those topics.

Let's keep this to questions and answers please.

autobreadticon
14th April 2008, 05:11 PM
I cannot seem to find a reference for takara reissue collection price figures and quantity availability.

It seem mini-bots, insecticons and blitzwing sell higher than other TFC. Is this something to do with availability, popularity or something else.

The price variations differ so dramatically, i was wondering if people can help provide reasonale estimates on the TFC range in general.

thank you

STL
14th April 2008, 10:37 PM
I cannot seem to find a reference for takara reissue collection price figures and quantity availability.

It seem mini-bots, insecticons and blitzwing sell higher than other TFC. Is this something to do with availability, popularity or something else.

The price variations differ so dramatically, i was wondering if people can help provide reasonale estimates on the TFC range in general.

thank you

I've been surprised myself. I have a few but don't have a few so I have been looking to get them myself. The prices are astounding and given I have all of them from other reissues or original versions in good nick, I'm only after TFC b/c of the quality of the packaging.

Based on what i've seen for several months now (Original approx RRP in brackets converted from yen):
TFC-00 Prime: $350 ($70)
TFC-01 Jazz: $45-55 ($35)
TFC-02 Prowl $60-70 ()
TFC-03 Skids $50 ($35)
TFC-04 Tracks $55-65 ($35)
TFC-05 Smokescreen $55-65 ($35)
TFC-06 Megatron $70-80 ($65) (good luck getting him into the country though)
TFC-07 Sideswipe $55-65 ($35)
TFC-08 Inferno $60-70 ($35)
TFC-09 Starscream $120 ($40)
TFC-10 Soundwave $150 ($55)
TFC-11 Astrotrain $60-$70 ($35)
TFC-12 Mini-Bots $150 ($35)
TFC-13 Hot Rod $60-$70 ($35)
TFC-14 Hound $55-70 ($35)
TFC-15 Ricochet/Stepper $40 ($35)
TFC-16 Insecticons $125 ($40)
TFC-17 Blitzwing $140 ($35)
TFC-18 Soundblaster w/ Ravage and Laserbeak $130 (65)
TFC-19 Perceptor $110 ($40)
TFC-20 Kup (targetmaster)/Wheelie $50 ($44)
TFC-21 Blaster w/ Steeljaw $110 ($50)

I'm surprised TFC-00 Prime is still so expensive despite the recent Encore re-issue. I'd been holding out for the price to drop b/c of the Encore but that unfortunately didn't happen. :(

roller
14th April 2008, 10:40 PM
there are a few kup/wheelie boxes in perth right now for $65

autobreadticon
14th April 2008, 11:17 PM
thanks STL, also wow to the soundblaster price

griffin
15th April 2008, 02:23 AM
Optimus has always been an odd one. No matter how many times it is reissued, it is just that one figure that everyone has to have. I would guess that it would have to be the toy design most produced out of all TFs, and yet prior releases seem to increase and hold their value after each new release. Megatron on the other hand did seem to go down after they did a second release of the TCF version, which diluted the demand for that version. The later ones probably have higher prices as they were probably released in lesser quantities as the sales started drying up and they were more obscure figures.
I was very disappointed that that series ended, because not only were they in a collectable, displayable packaging, but they had filecards in checklist pages included with each one.

benben2142
15th April 2008, 08:58 AM
mou dare ni mo tomerarenai inochi kaketa TRANSFORM kizu tsuite moyaru shika nai aoi chikyuu mamoru no wa dare da shounen wa ima senshi ni kawaru GO AND FIGHT tachi agaru n da MASTERFORCE! tatakau tabi ni MASTERFORCE! tsuyoku naru no sa MASTERFORCE! ima koso susume
GET ON, GO ON, HEAD ON choujin MASTERFORCE Super- God Masterforce.

Paulbot
15th April 2008, 09:02 AM
That's not a question, those are lyrics. :confused:

benben2142
15th April 2008, 11:24 AM
GET SET START
CHANGING CHANGING sakebu chihesen kimi no kitto nani ka ga okiru BURING BURING moedaru sora ikari o komete zenkai HERO (HERO) HERO honoo no BATTLE kinou no kimi o koete yuke sou sa HERO (HERO) HERO MASTERFORCE de kimi mo kimi mo TRANSFORMER

Question
what is afa graded? Also who grades them? Where do you buy those plastic case?

roller
15th April 2008, 12:25 PM
[QUOTE=benben2142;17366]GET SET START
CHANGING CHANGING sakebu chihesen kimi no kitto nani ka ga okiru BURING BURING moedaru sora ikari o komete zenkai HERO (HERO) HERO honoo no BATTLE kinou no kimi o koete yuke sou sa HERO (HERO) HERO MASTERFORCE de kimi mo kimi mo TRANSFORMER

um what benben said

AFA graded is as far as i know, some official thingy that classifies toys according to their condition. They lock some tfs in carbonite to preserve them forever, but why preserve it forever if you can only look at it and not play with it ? ! I like cheese

Paulbot
15th April 2008, 12:32 PM
AFA stands for Action Figure Authority which is a company that grades toys based on their quality. They also seal the toy in those plastics cases once graded to protect them.

As Roller says the toy is locked away so it can't be touched or played with as that would decrease the grade.

benben2142
15th April 2008, 01:01 PM
AFA stands for Action Figure Authority which is a company that grades toys based on their quality. They also seal the toy in those plastics cases once graded to protect them.

As Roller says the toy is locked away so it can't be touched or played with as that would decrease the grade.

Well how come they sell them for sooo much on ebay?

Paulbot
15th April 2008, 01:04 PM
Because the toy has been graded by a neutral company the buyer knows they are going to get something that is in good condition, and it's not just the seller saying "yeah it's in good condition" when it isn't.

The sellers who have graded items also think there toys are worth much more because they are of a high grade and better than random second hand toys.

kup
15th April 2008, 01:04 PM
Well how come they sell them for sooo much on ebay?

Benben, please think before you post!!

Paulbot's answer should explain it!

autobreadticon
15th April 2008, 02:01 PM
Does any1 know the offical series name for G1 legends?

Paulbot
15th April 2008, 02:04 PM
Classics Legends
or
Legends Series 5 & Series 6

autobreadticon
15th April 2008, 04:36 PM
interesting because i have never seen these figures before

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEBTOX:IT&item=170208234938&_trksid=p3984.cTODAY.m238.lVI

i cant seem to find these galleries from the major TF websites