PDA

View Full Version : Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Cat
9th April 2012, 03:14 PM
The post-movie characters who do appear in the comics only do so when the story jumps to the future world of 2006-08, and when characters from that future travel back to present day 1986-87. Wibbly wobbly timey wimey. ;)

That's UK material though.

He's getting US Classics, so that's irrelevant.

You also should have stated that you were talking about the UK material here, because the 'answer' you gave is misleading.

Sky Shadow
9th April 2012, 06:58 PM
That's UK material though.

He's getting US Classics, so that's irrelevant.

You also should have stated that you were talking about the UK material here, because the 'answer' you gave is misleading.

It's also incorrect (since plenty of post-movie characters are around in both the past and 'present day' eighties of both the UK and US comics). In the US comics there is a character who travels from the future (from 2009 to 1990 though.)

Sworc
9th April 2012, 07:17 PM
Thanks for the info all.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, but I'm currently reading the US classics. Plan to pick up the UK issues at some point as well, so it is all useful info.

Can't believe it has taken me this long to read them. They are great fun.

GoktimusPrime
9th April 2012, 09:30 PM
Apologies for any ambiguity/irrelevance in my previous post. :( m(__)m

In the US comics there is a character who travels from the future (from 2009 to 1990 though.)
Well, he travels from a future... whether or not that future is the future is debatable as he has crossed over into another dimensional timestream. ;)

blackoptimus
9th April 2012, 09:47 PM
Is there a way to take G1 Megatron apart so that I could pick of the sticker that has black and red body detailing that sits bellow Megatrons chest? I can't scrap all of the sticker out as some of it is tucked further in. Does anyone have a solution?

Cat
9th April 2012, 11:45 PM
I love that we're talking about 'the future', when the future in question was 3 years ago.

Damn. I feel old now.

Hursticon
12th April 2012, 01:48 PM
Is there a way to take G1 Megatron apart so that I could pick of the sticker that has black and red body detailing that sits bellow Megatrons chest? I can't scrap all of the sticker out as some of it is tucked further in. Does anyone have a solution?

I imagine there would be dude but it'd be incredibly fiddly and a great deal of patience would be required; I myself have never performed such an operation on said figure, though a great many of the stickers on my own figure have been poorly applied and greatly misaligned in places so I may just be taking a similar trip down this road too - Do let us know how you go though. :)

5FDP
12th April 2012, 03:10 PM

Yeah there is. The chest / barrel piece just snaps off as there is a clip holding it in place. Inside there are two small screws that when removed the whole chest / waist piece (everything above the grey trigger piece) comes off.

The reason why it all comes apart is because it was the housing for the spring mechanism which was removed for the Australian release of the toy.

I've performed this operation with success after I had to replace Megs entire chest.

Hursticon
12th April 2012, 03:16 PM
Yeah there is. The chest / barrel piece just snaps off as there is a clip holding it in place. Inside there are two small screws that when removed the whole chest / waist piece (everything above the grey trigger piece) comes off.

The reason why it all comes apart is because it was the housing for the spring mechanism which was removed for the Australian release of the toy.

I've performed this operation with success after I had to replace Megs entire chest.

You're a champion dude! :D
I knew someone would had to of done this at some point. ;):cool:

blackoptimus
14th April 2012, 11:00 PM
Beneath Rumble/Frenzy's heads on the g1 figures, are they supposed to have a small circular piece of plastic that attaches to the spring, because on mine it's missing and I was wondering if that was normal?

UltraMarginal
19th April 2012, 12:34 PM
A quick query:

is there two versions of HA Soundwave from DOTM or is there just one?
I have noticed that there are differnt packaging sets, some with just english and some that are multi lingual. but is there any difference in paint apps or plastic used?

griffin
19th April 2012, 08:25 PM
I always do a google image search when not sure about variants, to see if JP versions exist - because TFwiki usually only lists non-US releases if America didn't get them.

drahsrebu
25th April 2012, 03:26 PM
i picked up a universe silverstreak a while back and its doors are clear plastic. i have searched online and could not find such a thing anywhere.

SkyWarp91
25th April 2012, 04:03 PM
i picked up a universe silverstreak a while back and its doors are clear plastic. i have searched online and could not find such a thing anywhere.

This is the Habsro 2008 Universe Release:
http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/9/99/Universe2008_Silverstreak_toy.jpg

This is the Takara Henkei Release:
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Image:Henkei_Streak_toy.jpg

http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/2/2e/Henkei_Streak_toy.jpg

Are these what your figure looks like? If not, perhaps you have picked a KO. Or, you are talking about Universe 1.0 then did you mean this one?

http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/3/32/UniverseSilverstreakSpy.jpg

Slag
25th April 2012, 04:05 PM
can anyone tell me about this. is it k.o.?

SkyWarp91
25th April 2012, 04:16 PM
can anyone tell me about this. is it k.o.?
Seems so
http://www.toyarchive.com/Transformers/Knockoffs/Slag1.html

Slag
25th April 2012, 05:26 PM
Seems so
http://www.toyarchive.com/Transformers/Knockoffs/Slag1.html

cheers.. my mistake:o

GoktimusPrime
25th April 2012, 05:51 PM
S'okay dude - this thread's for asking any kind of TF questions. And it's better for you to ask first before spending your money on a fake! Better safe than sorry. :)

drahsrebu
25th April 2012, 08:53 PM
This is the Habsro 2008 Universe Release:
http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/9/99/Universe2008_Silverstreak_toy.jpg

This is the Takara Henkei Release:
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Image:Henkei_Streak_toy.jpg

http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/2/2e/Henkei_Streak_toy.jpg

Are these what your figure looks like? If not, perhaps you have picked a KO. Or, you are talking about Universe 1.0 then did you mean this one?

http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/3/32/UniverseSilverstreakSpy.jpg

hi thanks, i think its the takara although im not sure (has the stamps)

Demonac
26th April 2012, 09:37 AM
Yours is the Hasbro version (The Takara one has chromed bits).

Slag
26th April 2012, 09:56 AM
S'okay dude - this thread's for asking any kind of TF questions. And it's better for you to ask first before spending your money on a fake! Better safe than sorry. :)

.... um.. about that. i kinda posted this pic after the fact.:( oh well..next time
couldn't agree more though

Slag
26th April 2012, 04:59 PM
how about this one? k.o. (I thought GIG was something to do with a licensed product)
looks k.o. i guess. (trasformer)

griffin
26th April 2012, 05:44 PM
That's legit, or at least, it isn't a KO in today's "amateur" sense - see here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=12220).

drahsrebu
26th April 2012, 06:27 PM
Yours is the Hasbro version (The Takara one has chromed bits).

i thought it might of been but the grey midsection through me off. what about the clear doors????

Slag
26th April 2012, 06:28 PM
That's legit, or at least, it isn't a KO in today's "amateur" sense - see here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=12220).

hmmm Cheers.. out of all the things this guy had for sale i had to go for the Slag..
i'll make sure i check here before i jump next time.
thanks people.

GoktimusPrime
26th April 2012, 08:47 PM
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Trasformer

Demonac
26th April 2012, 11:03 PM
i thought it might of been but the grey midsection through me off. what about the clear doors????

The doors on mine are clear plastic, with the door part painted silver.
In the picture, yours looks devoid of any paint.

Cat
27th April 2012, 11:05 PM
The doors and the car roof on the Universe Prowl mold were all made with translucent plastic, and painted over.

This meant paint apps were wasted on having to paint those parts, and also to the infamous problem with the paint not sticking on the first batch of Prowls.

Yours is simply missing the paint apps for the doors.

Factory error.

Slag
29th April 2012, 07:30 PM
^^Factory error... could be worth something in the future:p.

Was checking out Takatoku Tulcas and looking at the stamps. I guess they say takatoku, theyre in japanese.. so checking out whirl and roadbuster (and i guess jetfire) why are they stamped bandai. not takara or hasbro or takatoku.
Did Bandai own the right to them for a while ?
Probably a stupid question but if South Park has taught me anything it is, that there are no stupid questions..

Tober
29th April 2012, 08:25 PM
^^Factory error... could be worth something in the future:p.

Was checking out Takatoku Tulcas and looking at the stamps. I guess they say takatoku, theyre in japanese.. so checking out whirl and roadbuster (and i guess jetfire) why are they stamped bandai. not takara or hasbro or takatoku.
Did Bandai own the right to them for a while ?
Probably a stupid question but if South Park has taught me anything it is, that there are no stupid questions..

By the time Hasbro had secured the molds for Transformers they ware owned by BANDAI, Takatoku having basically gone bust.

Ultra Mackness
29th April 2012, 08:46 PM
Check put this link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jetfire#Toys

as a start.

When Hasbro had released all of the old takara moulds under a transformers banner, they wanted to get more product out there and sourced transforming robot designs from other companies in Japan. That included jetfire (and I think roadbuster and whirl) from takatoku, omega supreme from toybox (I think) and the deluxe insecticons from Bandai. In Japan, Bandai then absorbed Takatoku. When Takara re-imported the Transformers line to Japan, they ran into trouble when it came to any of these moulds that Bandai owned the rights to(deluxe insecticons, whirl, roadbuster, jetfire) and so couldn't market them in Japan so they got left out of the cartoon as well. My guess is that by the time hasbro was making these moulds, Bandai owned the rights and insisted theirs be the only stamp on the toy, or maybe it was too expensive to change the moulds.

Slag
29th April 2012, 10:00 PM
Cool. it always bugged me that jetfire in the cartoon didn't really look like the toy (in the face anyway) so that probably explains that too.
how long did bandai own the rights for before they were needed by hasbro
or do they still own them?

Tober
29th April 2012, 10:24 PM
Cool. it always bugged me that jetfire in the cartoon didn't really look like the toy (in the face anyway) so that probably explains that too.
how long did bandai own the rights for before they were needed by hasbro
or do they still own them?

BANDAI agreed top let Hasbro distribute the toys under the Transformers line, however they could not use the toys in the cartoon. Thus Jetfire became Skyfire and changed appearance enough to avoid legal. There is a Hasbro Transformers toy cartoon advert in which Jetfire appears as a toy-accurate Valkyrie Transformer. It was on YouTube... probably still is.

BANDAI still own the rights to the Takatoku Valkyrie mold. Harmony Gold (Robotech) still own the rights to SDF Macross outside of Japan. Thus a re-issue Encore release of Jetfire is... tricky...

The engineers who worked on the original Takatoku mold were later employed by BANDAI. Just as they were about to retire a few years ago their 'baby' came back to them to be re-released under the 'Origin of Valkyrie' line.

Slag
29th April 2012, 10:57 PM
^^ saw the ad. would have been good to see him in the cartoon like that. thanks for clearing that up guys..:)

janda the red
30th April 2012, 01:18 PM
random question time.... :D

i'd like to start buying some tf comics.... but having never read any before, i have no idea of what is good and were i should start?

can anybody recommend a series/starting place for me?

i've only ever watched first few seasons of G1 and TF Prime.

thanks in advance

janda :)

Paulbot
30th April 2012, 01:50 PM
Think this came up recently... but yes. Now is the time.

Start with "The Death of Optimus Prime" which sets up the current Status Quo of the IDW comics. Then the "More than meets the eye" ongoing is the best series in ages and try the "Robots In Disguise" ongoing too. And pick up the "Last Stand of the Wreckers" collection too.

Or

You could read "Regeneration One" starting with the free sampler this weekend, but as a continuation of a G1 comic [that was quite different to the cartoon] I don't think it would appeal to someone new to the stories (it's more a comic that will appeal to those of us that read the original comic in the 80s).

The TF Prime comics are skippable/adapations of the cartoon.

Nothing at the moment is really that much like the G1 cartoon. The All Hail Megatron series was the most recent story with that feel (but it's several years old now).

GoktimusPrime
30th April 2012, 02:19 PM
What Paulbot said. :)

RE: All Hail Megatron
IDW re-releases its older issues collated into TPBs (Trade Paperbacks), so that's another way to catch up on older series without having to chase down backissues. A friend of mine who's not a TF fan but used to read TF comics in the 1980s/90s (he borrowed my entire collection once and read them all :p) recently saw the AHM TPB in a bookstore and bought it. :)

janda the red
30th April 2012, 06:58 PM
cheers Paul... thats exactly what i needed, i'll have to try tracking down a few of your suggestions.

and TPB's you think Gok.... thanks for the tip

appreciate the advice guys

janda :)

Paulbot
30th April 2012, 07:11 PM
TPBs are good for older series and the Hardcover IDW collections are good from all reports.

Or you can get everything but the latest issues for $2 an issue digitally (www.comixology.com) for PC, laptop, tablet, and/or smartphone reading. Good way to sample too before spending $20-40 on a trade-hardcover.

KalEl
30th April 2012, 07:26 PM
Last stand of the wreckers hardcover :D

UltraMarginal
30th April 2012, 07:40 PM
I agree with pretty much everything said regarding comics, I tend to always collect in TPB's myself though as I'm tight and can't justify the single issue costs:o.

TPB's also tend to look very good on your sehelf.
check out TF wiki for issu listings etc.

Larger comic shops have a fair bit of TPB stock at the moment too due to the third movie coming out last year, they all stocked up good for catching up.

Trent
30th April 2012, 08:26 PM
I agree with pretty much everything said regarding comics, I tend to always collect in TPB's myself though as I'm tight and can't justify the single issue costs:o.

TPB's also tend to look very good on your sehelf.
check out TF wiki for issu listings etc.

Larger comic shops have a fair bit of TPB stock at the moment too due to the third movie coming out last year, they all stocked up good for catching up.

This is what I do. Wait for the TPB to come out. They usually release one every 6 or so issues so this is how I will be reading the ongoing series. For the same raeasons as UM, a bit cheaper and easier to store/look after.

GoktimusPrime
30th April 2012, 09:45 PM
Yeah, I agree that TPBs are much better value. I collect individual issues cos I'm impatient. :p It's also more satisfying to read TPBs, cos the way American comics written these days they're very "light" reads per individual issues. It's certainly not like the 1980s/90s Marvel comics which were more "chunky" and chock full of stuff. Nowadays it takes much less time to read through a single ish. When you get a TPB you don't notice it; each issue feels like just another chapter and you just keep reading on.

Another advantage -- you don't have to wait a month between each chapter! :D Just gotta be careful to avoid spoilers I suppose. ;)

UltraMarginal
30th April 2012, 10:56 PM
Another advantage -- you don't have to wait a month between each chapter! :D Just gotta be careful to avoid spoilers I suppose. ;)

spoiler avoidance can be tricky, especially with comic reviews popping up in the transformers podcasts these days.

Hursticon
1st May 2012, 01:53 PM
spoiler avoidance can be tricky, especially with comic reviews popping up in the transformers podcasts these days.

Luckily the only one I listen to makes every effort possible to avoid spoilers; or if they're going to discuss spoiler-ish details of anything, they make a very loud and clear prior notification. ;):cool:

UltraMarginal
1st May 2012, 10:28 PM
Luckily the only one I listen to makes every effort possible to avoid spoilers; or if they're going to discuss spoiler-ish details of anything, they make a very loud and clear prior notification. ;):cool:

I drive 45 minutes to work each way each day so I listen to at least 4 different ones...

Hursticon
2nd May 2012, 07:23 PM
I drive 45 minutes to work each way each day so I listen to at least 4 different ones...

Ah ok, so a 'one podcast per day' sort of approach? :)

JuzMel
4th May 2012, 11:48 AM
Sorry I couldn't find this anywhere, but does anyone know where I can get this cheaper apart from evil-bay?

http://www.transformers-prime.com/transformers/news/story/transformers%3a+prime/10974

It's the Transformers Prime Comic Con Bumblebee and Arcee with Raf and Jack.
Thank you!

Paulbot
4th May 2012, 11:57 AM
Griffin was selling it cheaper this morning, but Swoop saw it first :o

Griffin did recommend to me doing the Hasbro Toy Shop via US on-poster seller option (which is what he did). I haven't commited to that yet, but thought it might be a way to get the SDDC Bruticus so I am thinking about it (and could go in on a group order type deal).

[I'd like Pink Arcee]

UltraMarginal
4th May 2012, 01:02 PM
Ah ok, so a 'one podcast per day' sort of approach? :)

yea kind of, especially with the wtf@tfw podcast, which I heard a callout to a Hursticon on this morning, btw.

Sorry I couldn't find this anywhere, but does anyone know where I can get this cheaper apart from evil-bay?

http://www.transformers-prime.com/transformers/news/story/transformers%3a+prime/10974

It's the Transformers Prime Comic Con Bumblebee and Arcee with Raf and Jack.
Thank you!

pretty much what Paulbot said.
I have a mate in the states at the moment who I' m going to beg to get that for me, and hopefully this years SDCC exclusives as well, if they appear on the hasbro store. hopefully he's going to have some time to buy and forward to me. If I find out that he's able to send a spare or two I'll post it up in my sales thread at the time but I won't know till at least after comic con, so if you're desperate for it don't wait for me.

JuzMel
4th May 2012, 01:16 PM
yea kind of, especially with the wtf@tfw podcast, which I heard a callout to a Hursticon on this morning, btw.

pretty much what Paulbot said.
I have a mate in the states at the moment who I' m going to beg to get that for me, and hopefully this years SDCC exclusives as well, if they appear on the hasbro store. hopefully he's going to have some time to buy and forward to me. If I find out that he's able to send a spare or two I'll post it up in my sales thread at the time but I won't know till at least after comic con, so if you're desperate for it don't wait for me.
Thanks guys! And bummer! If only I was earlier! :(

Have looked at a couple of listings on eBay, and it was gonna be about $65 shipped.

Sky Shadow
8th May 2012, 09:41 PM
Out of interest, should I have gotten a shipping notice on my BotCon boxed set from FunPub yet?

canofwhoopass_87
10th May 2012, 01:50 PM
Have we had any base-formers since G1? As in - Transformers with a base alt mode like Metroplex?

fatbot
10th May 2012, 02:12 PM
Have we had any base-formers since G1? As in - Transformers with a base alt mode like Metroplex?

yes, if one includes Brave Maximus from R.I.D. other then that no from what I can remember

griffin
10th May 2012, 02:45 PM
It seems (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/City-bot) that we haven't had any characters that turn into bases since Gen1 (with the Fort Max redeco in Car Robots)...
I think anything since then have either been accessories to a toy (Microverse, Ark, Rescue Bots, Trailers), or, turn into a whole planet instead.

Although... technically, Armada Super-pants Prime - half of him transforms into a base... but isn't quite what is being asked though.

GoktimusPrime
10th May 2012, 03:36 PM
Not including reissues, baseformers since Brave Maximus:

+ 2006: Cybertron Primus (he has a base mode)
+ 2007: Darth Vader/Death Star
+ 2008: GADEP, the e-Hobby guardian robot/rocket base

Verno
10th May 2012, 04:25 PM
Ahem, Orcanoch and Arachnid...

griffin
10th May 2012, 04:48 PM
I did mention them... (Microverse), but not sure if they count if they don't have robot/cybertronian modes.
The original bios only suggest that Orcanoch could be a sentient character, referring to him as a Maximal (they referred to Sentinel as a Maximal in the cartoon at one stage I think), but, Arachnid was "built from a clone" to copy the Maximal's Orcanoch (suggesting that both may just be sub-sentient bases, like Teletran-1 or Sentinel).
The retconned bios in the BW sourcebook however, label both as being built without sentience, and Orcanoch's Sentinel programming is growing, like Sentinel did on Beast Wars.

If those Microverse bases are designated as sentient characters (and not just accessories to the "sentient" figurines they came with), they may well be the last (new mould) "purely base-former" Transformers toys.
Everything else since, has been a reissue/redeco or a (half-assed, squint to see it) 3rd mode.

canofwhoopass_87
10th May 2012, 06:28 PM
Ah right. So if we exclude repaints/redecos like Brave Maximus and Gigastorm, there hasn't been any real large scale base-formers since the G1 days?

Never really thought about it, but considering there's been so many big bots over the years since G1 - why the heck aren't there any bases? They make excellent playsets and seem to work really well with other non tf toylines.

Sky Shadow
10th May 2012, 08:26 PM
B'Boom and Voyager ROTF Mixmaster have artillery station modes. Energon Shockblast and Six Shot have space station modes. Tako Tank has a large base mode. Niagara Base and the Volcano Playset are bases, but barely transform.

Verno
10th May 2012, 08:30 PM
B'Boom - The Beast Wars TargetMaster.

Ode to a Grasshopper
10th May 2012, 09:08 PM
Dinosaurer and Megazarak reissues please TakaraTomy.:)

GoktimusPrime
10th May 2012, 09:40 PM
B'Boom - The Beast Wars TargetMaster.
I consider Stampy (http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/2/25/BWN-toy_Stampy.jpg) and Break (http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/0/0a/BWN-toy_Break.jpg) to be more more like BW Targetmasters, considering that their weapon modes are designed to be held by other Maximals. ;) But B'Booms artillery mode is definitely very, very cool. :D Particularly for Apache (identical toy), as BWII canon depicts it as a berserker rage attack mode... it's like, "Don't make me angry. You won't like me when I'm angry." ;)

Sky Shadow
10th May 2012, 10:12 PM
How hard do you think it is to invent a practical grey plastic for Transformers that doesn't look awful? Hasbro must be aware that we have issues with the grey they use, is there not someone in plastics who can come up with something aesthetically better that doesn't break their budget? (I'm seriously asking, not just making a comment. I just saw the new Masterpiece Optimus Prime and once again the grey looks terrible. Is it no longer possible to colour-and-shade-match the grey to how it looked in 1984.)

MindsetOverhaul
12th May 2012, 11:38 AM
How can i get, or, where can i download - a copy of the ozformers matrix logo so i could submit some banners of my own?

@ Sky Shadow, beats me why the grey plastics are so shit. Several offenders that spring to mind are from the RID and Energon toylines, where it apears as though there has been a base of white and the grey pigment has been mixed through but not until a uniform grey was formed. Pale sections, shiny sections, darker sections... all within a sqare inch.

Sky Shadow
12th May 2012, 08:26 PM
Out of interest, should I have gotten a shipping notice on my BotCon boxed set from FunPub yet?

Bump? Does anyone know? :confused:

(Thanks MindsetOverhaul. Here):

JPG on white (http://www.otca.com.au/ozmatrix3.jpg)

JPG on black (http://www.otca.com.au/ozmatrix3b.jpg)

GIF on white (http://www.otca.com.au/ozmatrix1.gif)

GIF on black (http://www.otca.com.au/ozmatrix1b.gif)

Cat
12th May 2012, 10:38 PM
How hard do you think it is to invent a practical grey plastic for Transformers that doesn't look awful? Hasbro must be aware that we have issues with the grey they use, is there not someone in plastics who can come up with something aesthetically better that doesn't break their budget? (I'm seriously asking, not just making a comment. I just saw the new Masterpiece Optimus Prime and once again the grey looks terrible. Is it no longer possible to colour-and-shade-match the grey to how it looked in 1984.)

For their Kreos, there was a very nice silvery block on all of them for some pieces.

It did have some swirls though, so maybe that could be why it isn't used on the mainline stuff.

kup
13th May 2012, 03:30 AM
For their Kreos, there was a very nice silvery block on all of them for some pieces.

It did have some swirls though, so maybe that could be why it isn't used on the mainline stuff.

I know what swirls you mean as they were present in older 'silvery' plastic TF toys.

Frankly, I prefer the swirls than the dull Hasbro grey which sticks out and looks 'unfinished' as if someone had forgotten to paint the part.

loophole
13th May 2012, 09:37 AM

both my brother and myself didnt get shipping notices from them

KalEl
13th May 2012, 02:21 PM
both my brother and myself didnt get shipping notices from them

either did i, but it still got here

Tetsuwan Convoy
13th May 2012, 10:03 PM

I got one for mine, and I assume its where the tracking thing says it is...:confused:

Slag
13th May 2012, 10:27 PM
is this an original..

Cat
13th May 2012, 11:31 PM
I can tell you that yes, you do indeed own an original Sony Vaio laptop.

I compared it to mine, and they match.

Paulbot
14th May 2012, 08:24 AM
It looks like Grand Maximus' little head but someone with the toy would be able to help you. Unsure if that one was KOd like the original.

Slag
14th May 2012, 09:20 AM
I can tell you that yes, you do indeed own an original Sony Vaio laptop.

I compared it to mine, and they match.

hehehe.

It looks like Grand Maximus' little head but someone with the toy would be able to help you. Unsure if that one was KOd like the original.

i think it was k.o'd in that set of 10 that was released , but i can't tell the difference. the only thing i look for is the takara stamp. but i don't think the original had the stamp either, same with the scorponok molds.:confused:

Skullcruncher
14th May 2012, 12:02 PM
is this an original..

Looks like the KO to me - can tell by the lines on the chest.

Slag
14th May 2012, 03:02 PM
Looks like the KO to me - can tell by the lines on the chest.

thanks... saved again:D

GL-Sideswipe
14th May 2012, 03:59 PM
Does anyone know roughly how long it takes for a box from BBTS to arrive at Melbourne? This is my first time buying with them so I don't know if it's taking longer than usual :P the order was shipped 23 April.

Cat
14th May 2012, 04:42 PM
Does anyone know roughly how long it takes for a box from BBTS to arrive at Melbourne? This is my first time buying with them so I don't know if it's taking longer than usual :P the order was shipped 23 April.

I'm normally dead on two weeks after they ship.

That has varied at peak times, sometimes a few days longer, and even sometimes a bit shorter, but generally speaking, dead on 2 weeks for me.

EDIT: Did you track the package and see what that says?

Go into your BBTS account, bring up the order, and you'll be able to 'Track Package'.

Sometimes it doesn't update, but it's usually pretty good, and at least tells you when it left America, and went through customs here.

GL-Sideswipe
14th May 2012, 05:01 PM
EDIT: Did you track the package and see what that says?
Nah I chose the cheap non trackable option for my order. I hate not being able to see where the package is haha :P thanks for responding :)

UltraMarginal
14th May 2012, 05:10 PM

I've always used their UPS 5 day international option, works out pretty good value for larger orders. that is usually in sydney in 5 business days especially over a weekend.
normal un tracked postage from the states has taken me anywhere from a week to 3 weeks and even a few days more. I wouldn't sweat on it yet.

GL-Sideswipe
14th May 2012, 05:20 PM
normal un tracked postage from the states has taken me anywhere from a week to 3 weeks and even a few days more. I wouldn't sweat on it yet.

Awesome thank you :) I won't worry too much now. I would've got a faster postage but the case of prime figures was already pretty expensive and getting the more expensive postage defeated the purpose of ordering from BBTS (getting them all below retail price) :P

Cat
14th May 2012, 05:33 PM
Ah. I always use the two week one. Still pretty fast, and trackable (doesn't mean the postal services scan it when they should, though).

Trent
14th May 2012, 05:56 PM
Might be worth a call to your local post office. A few times they have tried to deliver when no one is home and they have failed to leave a card.

Also BBTS still register their cheap postage option. I ordered the seacons from them and paid cheap postage, after 3 weeks it still wasnt here so I emailed them and they sent me a tracking number. It was delivered the next day. :rolleyes:

GL-Sideswipe
14th May 2012, 06:40 PM
I ordered the seacons from them and paid cheap postage, after 3 weeks it still wasnt here so I emailed them and they sent me a tracking number.

I've just sent them an email, hopefully they return with a tracking number :)

canofwhoopass_87
15th May 2012, 01:44 PM
I've only ever had headaches with USPS Priority and Express. The tracking only works half the time and more often than not - takes longer to arrive that regular airmail.

Though that's just my experience over the years :D

With BBTS airmail, I'm very certain they register it as well - which is why it costs so much. Hopefully they email back with a tracking ID

LordCyrusOmega
16th May 2012, 09:29 AM
Is there anywhere in Sydney that sell the first edition Prime toys? I'm having a hard time getting them online

fatbot
16th May 2012, 10:01 AM
Is there anywhere in Sydney that sell the first edition Prime toys? I'm having a hard time getting them online

none that I'm aware of. Speak to Iceburn, OG ( a department store) on orchard rd Singapore had some last week while I was over there. He may be able to help you obtain them.

GoktimusPrime
16th May 2012, 02:02 PM
Nope. I got mine from TRU in Hong Kong.

UltraMarginal
16th May 2012, 02:21 PM

Like the others, none that I know of, and I highly doubt it also. they would have to have been independantly imported, so their prices would be most likely higher than what you see online.

I suggest keeping your ear to the ground on the forum and online. some of us have managed to score/see and inform others about online listings at more realistic prices.

note also that there are going to be re-releases of some things in the future, possibly with different paint schemes but it's unlikely that they won't re-use the FE molds for something just to make their money from them.

LordCyrusOmega
16th May 2012, 03:19 PM
Thanks guys, thought it was bit of a long shot.

GoktimusPrime
16th May 2012, 08:51 PM
note also that there are going to be re-releases of some things in the future, possibly with different paint schemes but it's unlikely that they won't re-use the FE molds for something just to make their money from them.
They've already done it with FE Starscream and Bumblebee which is still available in Australia. :) I'd like the see them retool FE Optimus Prime with a new head -- one that shows his mouth. ;)

Slag
17th May 2012, 06:02 PM
hi. is this one o.k. i thought k.o.. but then i saw that little head pic on box..:confused:
thanks.

Skullcruncher
17th May 2012, 09:25 PM
hi. is this one o.k. i thought k.o.. but then i saw that little head pic on box..:confused:
thanks.

Looks like a diaclone to me.

GoktimusPrime
17th May 2012, 09:49 PM
Looks to be legit. Here's (http://diaclone.net/orid/insec/hakoall.jpg) an image of all the Diaclone Insector Robo boxes for comparison.

Slag
17th May 2012, 11:07 PM
cheers.. i'll go for it:)

Verno
21st May 2012, 12:06 PM
I've been scouring the TF Wiki, but haven't been able to find anything that really answers my question:

What sort of class system do we see on Cybertron before the Great War? There are mentions of a Roman-esque Senate, which becomes corrupt, but is there a definite underclass or something?

GoktimusPrime
21st May 2012, 03:52 PM
As far as the G1 comics were concerned, Cybertron was divided in Greek-like city states (e.g. Iacon) and Cybertron itself was governed by a Senate (Autobot Council of Elders) of which Xaaron is a former member of (originally Councillor Xaaron, then after its collapse became known as Emirate Xaaron; it was headed by High Councillor Traachon). As far as an underclass is concerned, IIRC the closest thing we saw in G1 were the "empties" -- faulty robots roaming the wastelands of Cybertron such as the Dead End. Megatron roamed here aimlessly for ages after this mind was damaged after being nearly killed at the destruction of the Space Bridge. It was only after seeing some hated Autobots trying to arrest a member of the Decepticon Sports Car Patrol (Blackjack?) that his mind was restored -- so the fact that he was in the Dead End for years before seeing an Autobot insignia suggests that many of the empties are probably factionless neutrals. The G1 cartoon never really fleshed out Cybertronian society in any such detail... it was pretty much just heroic Autobots vs evil Decepticons.

Other continuities have had different takes...
+ Beast Wars: Predacons were a politically under-represented class since the Decepticons lost the Great War.
+ Beast Machines: The Vehicons were the "master race." All else were deemed inferior and needed to be exterminated.
+ Armada (comics): Cybertron was a caste society; Autobots were a higher warrior noble class, and Mini-Cons were a lower peasant caste - so low that the Autobots didn't even notice that their villages were being razed and the Mini-Con population being abducted and enslaved by the Decepticons until it was too late. The Autobots were pretty insular in that they only cared about defending the subjects of their own jurisdictions. Mini-Cons have long felt that they were used as pawns by the 'higher' Autobot and Decepticon castes.
+ IDWverse: Roman-style senate, but with a seemingly corrupt ruling class and downtrodden worker class. Megatron came from this worker class (initially a miner) and formed the Decepticon movement to rise up against their Autobot oppressors, and Optimus Prime (Orion Pax) was a police officer working in a highly corrupt and brutal system.
+ Movieverse: Protector and civilian classes; Megatron ruled over the Protectors and Optimus Prime ruled over the civilians (headed by the Science Division). Both initially started off as equal, but the discovery of the AllSpark and Megatron's contact with the Fallen changed this.
+ Animated: Autobots appear to be a benevolent ruling class (although many civil liberties were suppressed under Sentinel Magnus).
+ Prime: caste system, similar to IDWverse, many downtrodden workers joined Megatron (Megatronus) in forming the Decepticon movement. Orion Pax was a sympathiser and initially joined Megatron, but later split from him.

Verno
21st May 2012, 04:08 PM
What about the Japanese continuities?

drahsrebu
21st May 2012, 04:47 PM
hi allll, i recently just found my Obliterator Colossus, does anyone know much about this series or what the are worth.??

GoktimusPrime
21st May 2012, 04:48 PM
Verno: No noticeable class/caste division in Japanese continuity.

drahsrebu: The Obliterators were part of the very last batch of Transformers released under "Transformers" (G1), and as such were later repackaged as G2 Transformers. As such, they are commonly referred to by fans as "G1.5" because the toys are identical, and the only way you can tell if it's G1 or G2 is by the packaging that it came in. I only ever got Colossus/Clench -- never got Pyro. I quite like Clench... Pyro suffers from brittle gold plastic syndrome, whereas Clench doesn't (to this day my Clench remains in good nick! :D). As for aftermarket value... I did see one at a collectors fair sell for $50, but that was years ago. No idea how much they'd sell for now I'm afraid.

drahsrebu
21st May 2012, 05:10 PM
Cool thanks gok. I remember that my brother got pyro, I may have to see if he still has it ;)

blackoptimus
24th May 2012, 03:30 PM
Does anyone know roughly how much the MP 10 U.S edition of Optimus Prime is going to cost and also if it's going to be released here in Australia?

UltraMarginal
24th May 2012, 03:41 PM
Does anyone know roughly how much the MP 10 U.S edition of Optimus Prime is going to cost and also if it's going to be released here in Australia?

I think it's going to be about $100 in canada, it is definitely coming to Australia, TRU I think, not sure on an australian price, maybe $150?

Cat
24th May 2012, 03:48 PM
A placeholder with the Hasbro version had it tagged at $150, IIRC.

fatbot
24th May 2012, 04:48 PM
Does any one have, or can point me towards a complete list of G1 transformers? That's American, European exclusives & Japanese exclusive figures

I looked though TFWiki and did a dodgy one for myself, but want a more comprehensive list.

I would prefer it to be in a spreadsheet format, but it doesn't matter that much.

Cat
24th May 2012, 04:59 PM
tfu.info

Great site, and you can look by year easily.

fatbot
24th May 2012, 05:37 PM
tfu.info

Great site, and you can look by year easily.

You're right, it is a great site, but I can't copy all of the names onto a spread sheet properly, they all go into the one cell, which is useless for my intentions

Sky Shadow
24th May 2012, 07:39 PM
Fatbot - download Lewis's spreadsheet from here: http://transformerstoylistproject.com/frames.html

It has pretty much everything, so just delete everything that's above G1 and below G2.

fatbot
24th May 2012, 08:26 PM
Fatbot - download Lewis's spreadsheet from here: http://transformerstoylistproject.com/frames.html

It has pretty much everything, so just delete everything that's above G1 and below G2.

Excellent! thanks Bro!

Paulbot
24th May 2012, 08:29 PM

Wow. 4196 TFs!

I created a spreadsheet based on the Rob Jung list too back in the day, but never went this far!

griffin
24th May 2012, 11:04 PM

We broke the news to the rest of the world (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=13576)... so it hasn't been announced yet how much it will be in America, or how much.

theshape
24th May 2012, 11:09 PM
Hey guys is $700 us a fair price for a loose complete liokaiser?

GoktimusPrime
24th May 2012, 11:25 PM
up to you man, but I personally wouldn't pay that.

heroic_decepticon
24th May 2012, 11:34 PM
Hey guys is $700 us a fair price for a loose complete liokaiser?

you talking to Elrod on TFW?

I personally won't pay that because I have.... (http://inlinethumb03.webshots.com/48770/2611929260100811158S600x600Q85.jpg), but I reckon its worth about that much nowadays.

theshape
24th May 2012, 11:37 PM
Yeah saw it on tfw, seems very expensive though

jazzcomp
25th May 2012, 12:35 AM
what's the difference between SCF and HOC?

Sky Shadow
25th May 2012, 01:56 AM
what's the difference between SCF and HOC?

The SCF were Japanese, blind-packed, had more figures, included chase figures and were designed in such a way that the individual pieces of PVC were pretty much the right colour that individual part needed to be when put together. Heroes of Cybertron were carded and from the US, pretty much completely painted and had light-piped eyes.

griffin
25th May 2012, 01:01 PM
As Sky Shadow mentioned, the Japanese (SCF) (http://www.soundwavesoblivion.com/japanesepvc.html) had a lot more released (10 sets - called "Acts" with about 8-9 in each... and each of those had a colour & non-coloured version), while Hasbro (HOC) (http://www.soundwavesoblivion.com/commemorativeseries.html) had just 5 sets of 6-7 in each. (plus a set of six Seekers & Sunstorm for BotCon 2003 (http://megatronofcybertron.homestead.com/conventionexclusives.html))

Below are most of the Gen1 figurines. On the right up until Metroplex are all of the Hasbro figurines. From the left of that are almost all of the Japanese figurines that were NOT released by Hasbro in their series. (I only collected the coloured versions - all of those below that weren't chase figures, were ALSO released in Japan as clear or "pewter" coloured) (I'm still missing 6 of the chase figures)

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/collection/c23s3.jpg

The added bonus of some sets was finding pieces to build a big figurine - Metroplex, Fort Max, Scorponok, Black Zarak, Grand Max, Victory Saber parts (to attach to the Star Saber figurine).

The last two sets in Japan were of Armada (Called Micron Legend in Japan), which can be seen at the bottom of this photo...
http://www.toycollectors.com.au/collection/c22s0.jpg

I have since acquired one more of the four chase figures in that pic above, leaving 2 left to track down. (Chase figures were limited edition figures that were often 1 per master case - which meant for every 4 coloured figures and every 4 non-coloured figures, there was just 1 of each of the 2 Chase figures.)

As a side note... in Japan, they also released 14 larger-sized PVC figurines, called Mega-SCF.

Sooooo... if you were thinking of completing a set of SCFs & HOCs, you'd be looking at about 300 figurines, ranging in prices of a couple dollars (for the clear & pewter coloured ones) to hundred-plus dollars for the early chase figures.

They are well sculpted figurines, and look really nice on display, but unfortunately, since they are piece-together figurines, they don't hold together too well for play, so aren't really toys.

Slag
25th May 2012, 02:28 PM
you talking to Elrod on TFW?

I personally won't pay that because I have.... (http://inlinethumb03.webshots.com/48770/2611929260100811158S600x600Q85.jpg), but I reckon its worth about that much nowadays.

no wonder the price is so high.. you've got half of them:p..
what is the most of 1 figure you've got? (so i won't be so shocked in the future)

fatbot
26th May 2012, 12:24 AM
A two part question, How much would I expect to pay for Dai Atlas & does anyone know of any stores in Japan that may have him?

swoop
26th May 2012, 10:24 PM
Does anyone know how long it is from when transformerland previews their figures on youtube to when they are available for sale on their site?

Ode to a Grasshopper
27th May 2012, 12:27 AM
I have a question: when/where did the trend of Starscream clone armies (as in actual in-fiction clones, not just repaints/remolds) start?
We've had Animated and Prime Starscream clones, but I'm not sure if the convention started with Animated or if it was around before that.

Paulbot
27th May 2012, 01:27 AM
I have a question: when/where did the trend of Starscream clone armies (as in actual in-fiction clones, not just repaints/remolds) start?
We've had Animated and Prime Starscream clones, but I'm not sure if the convention started with Animated or if it was around before that.
Sunstorm was a clone of Starscream in the Dreamwave comics, but otherwise in the sense of an army of clones it was Animated's thing. Previously the other seekers all just had the same build. (I don't think I'm forgetting anything...)

Sky Shadow
27th May 2012, 01:40 AM
Sunstorm was a clone of Starscream in the Dreamwave comics, but otherwise in the sense of an army of clones it was Animated's thing. Previously the other seekers all just had the same build. (I don't think I'm forgetting anything...)

I think Starscream was first cloned in A Prime Problem (from the G1 cartoon).

heroic_decepticon
27th May 2012, 01:42 AM
no wonder the price is so high.. you've got half of them:p..
what is the most of 1 figure you've got? (so i won't be so shocked in the future)

I think G1 Bluestreak is the one that I have the most of.... Heh

liegeprime
30th May 2012, 07:44 AM
How many Generations books are there now? I only have two from 2009 - that's the start,right? SO I wanted to now start completing em even without the exclusive toys some of em have. If ever, can anyone post the reply in a per year and number of volumes please.Thanks!

griffin
30th May 2012, 02:04 PM
How many Generations books are there now? I only have two from 2009 - that's the start,right? SO I wanted to now start completing em even without the exclusive toys some of em have. If ever, can anyone post the reply in a per year and number of volumes please.Thanks!

Seven so far (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Generations_%28disambiguation%29).
2009 - 3
2010 - 1
2011 - 2
2012 - 1

Cat
30th May 2012, 02:40 PM
2009 - 3
2010 - 1
2011 - 2
2012 - 1

I feel like a total arse for doing this, but you missed one and a half (it is of course, debatable).

There's also the beautiful original Generations volume, which was about 2001. It received an updated 2004 edition. Be careful with this one, as there was a Chinese KO version, which is pixellated and of lesser quality. So if you're going solely on the Generations name, then there's that.

There's also the Transformers Collection 2007 volume. While not named 'Generations', it IS one in everything but name. http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Transformers_Collection_2007

So considering how you want to count them, there's one to two more besides the ones Griffin already listed. It all comes down to what you 'count', and of course, what you want.

There'll all great. I also recommend the 'VisualWorks' book. It's an art-mook, but has some really interesting pieces and drawings. Check it out and see what you think. :) http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Transformers_Visualworks

GoktimusPrime
30th May 2012, 09:18 PM
The 2nd version of Generations is called "Generations Deluxe," it's basically the same book but with a few extra goodies toward the back, i.e. abandoned concept sketches like Action Master Perceptor, Ultra Magnus, Galvatron etc. Damn I wish I hadn't lost this book. :(

Cat
30th May 2012, 09:48 PM
It received an updated 2004 edition.

Redundancy is redundant.

Paulbot
30th May 2012, 11:12 PM
The 2007 book is worth getting for its coverage of Binaltech and Alternators, and in depth looks at the first movie toys (although 2009 vol 2 is more comprehensive on the movie figs and there's another book about Binaltech in much more detail).

There's also the Machinerobo Wedge book, which is by the same publishers and is basically the Machine Man equivalent of Generations. The difference between the Japanese series and the Western version is vast, but if you like looking at pictures of toy robots that convert into vehicles its quite interesting.

liegeprime
30th May 2012, 11:16 PM
2009 - 3
2010 - 1
2011 - 2
2012 - 1

Thanks Bossbot, just gotta search for them now :D time to hit Ebay heheheh

I feel like a total arse for doing this, but you missed one and a half (it is of course, debatable).

There's also the beautiful original Generations volume, which was about 2001. It received an updated 2004 edition. Be careful with this one, as there was a Chinese KO version, which is pixellated and of lesser quality. So if you're going solely on the Generations name, then there's that.

There's also the Transformers Collection 2007 volume. While not named 'Generations', it IS one in everything but name. http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Transformers_Collection_2007

So considering how you want to count them, there's one to two more besides the ones Griffin already listed. It all comes down to what you 'count', and of course, what you want.

There'll all great. I also recommend the 'VisualWorks' book. It's an art-mook, but has some really interesting pieces and drawings. Check it out and see what you think. :) http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Transformers_Visualworks

Thanks Cat, I already have the Chinese KO version :o of the Generations book (2001 release) - can't afford the original which is triple the price. I'm fine with the KO as it wasn't so pixelated but yeah comparing to Gok (had) book you can see that it is glossy while the original is a bit matte. but Im fine with that. I also have that Collection book, I'm intrigued by that Visual works book. Looks interesting, kinda like the extended version of the artworks in the back of the original Generations (2001) book. I'll take a peek at it on ebay as well.

Thanks for the reply guys, appreciate it :)

griffin
31st May 2012, 03:13 AM
I woulda recommended those other books (because I have them myself for reference), but he was only describing the new series Generations books. (shrug)
(it is so hard to find those original Generations books too, especially the Deluxe edition, which I want too... :( )

UltraMarginal
31st May 2012, 09:52 AM
damnit, now I want these books as well. :rolleyes: poor wallet.

liegeprime
31st May 2012, 09:54 AM
I woulda recommended those other books (because I have them myself for reference), but he was only describing the new series Generations books. (shrug)
(it is so hard to find those original Generations books too, especially the Deluxe edition, which I want too... :( )

There is one being sold from Singapore seller ksg something something, but he is asking more than 100+ for it and plus shipping

swoop
2nd June 2012, 09:07 PM
Is there any difference between the korean and japanese releases of beast wars second and neo figures besides the korean versions having random tech spec cards?

Sky Shadow
2nd June 2012, 09:54 PM
Is there any difference between the korean and japanese releases of beast wars second and neo figures besides the korean versions having random tech spec cards?

The Sonokong versions are fantastic and are - for all intents and purposes - the Takara versions. If you just want those toys for a good price and don't care about the packaging, Sonokong is the way to go.

swoop
2nd June 2012, 10:33 PM
Thanks sky shadow, but for my question is there any difference in the actual figures?

liegeprime
2nd June 2012, 11:21 PM
Thanks sky shadow, but for my question is there any difference in the actual figures?

I can only answer on figures with that - Big convoy -the mammoth has no difference in the actual figures to it's non Korean counterpart. As for the others I have no idea... I also have Magmatron in Korean version - some very minor difference from the Hasbro Version - color hue I believe but nothing major... there was a thread bout that Hursty started it but can't recall atm. But yeah with these 2 figures swoop it's basically equal, no difference. The rest not so sure.

GoktimusPrime
3rd June 2012, 12:10 AM
AFAIK there's no difference. The closest would be Korean Brave Maximus who has an upside-down factory applied Autobot insignia, but the toy is physically just as good as Japanese Brave Max. But yeah, the toys themselves are just as good as Takara's. The packaging and tech spec cards are notoriously fail -- and for some reason Autocrusher is called Autoslasher in Korean... but they're relatively cheap alternatives to getting the Japanese versions. :)

Sky Shadow
3rd June 2012, 12:47 AM

Sorry Swoop - that's what I was meaning by saying they "are - for all intents and purposes - the Takara versions". Their Beast Wars II and Neo figures are pretty much just the same toys in different packaging.

SuspectimusPrime
3rd June 2012, 04:03 AM
I can only answer on figures with that - Big convoy -the mammoth has no difference in the actual figures to it's non Korean counterpart. As for the others I have no idea... I also have Magmatron in Korean version - some very minor difference from the Hasbro Version - color hue I believe but nothing major... there was a thread bout that Hursty started it but can't recall atm. But yeah with these 2 figures swoop it's basically equal, no difference. The rest not so sure.

That comment has potentially saved me from potentially buying another Takara Big Convoy in the future. I was a bit disappointed with my Korean Big Convoy because the missile gimmick on his weapon isn't working 100% - the top missile seems to not want to lock into place all the time, and does not always fired when turned. I also thought it might have been because the red missiles were of an inferior quality plastic. I got a Takara Magmatron and was really impressed with its quality. Top notch plastic and paint aps.

swoop
3rd June 2012, 09:34 AM
Thanks guys, I'm just getting as much information as I can before I finish off my beast wars/machines/neo/second collections next year and this will be a big help in my decisions

GoktimusPrime
3rd June 2012, 11:55 AM
That comment has potentially saved me from potentially buying another Takara Big Convoy in the future. I was a bit disappointed with my Korean Big Convoy because the missile gimmick on his weapon isn't working 100% - the top missile seems to not want to lock into place all the time, and does not always fired when turned. I also thought it might have been because the red missiles were of an inferior quality plastic. I got a Takara Magmatron and was really impressed with its quality. Top notch plastic and paint aps.
I have Takara Big Convoy and I have problem with his missiles or launchers. If anything, his launchers are too sensitive! Either the Korean Big Convoy is faulty, or - more likely - you just lucked out and it's a flaw on your individual figure. :(

Verno
6th June 2012, 10:27 AM
Anyone know of a decent Transformers Timeline? With things like the creation of the Thirteen and such?

Paulbot
6th June 2012, 10:40 AM
Anyone know of a decent Transformers Timeline? With things like the creation of the Thirteen and such?

The thirteen? You want the Aligned timeline

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Aligned_timeline

Other continuities vary.

Hursticon
6th June 2012, 10:40 AM

I think that is what the current "Aligned" continuity is trying to handle (With regard to the 13), but I do believe there was a timeline done up recently (Posibly for WFC and/or FoC) although who & where I can't remember. :o

Verno
6th June 2012, 11:43 AM
Cheers Hursty. There may not be the kind of Timeline I'm after. I might just have to write one myself.

And on a different note, the following line:

A choice must be made, for only together, united as one race, can we truly survive... and prosper.

I swear I didn't make it up. It's from Optimus Prime in (I assumed) the last issue of the G2 Comic, but I'm stuffed if I can find any reference to it anywhere online. But I must have come across it somewhere?! Can anyone confirm where it comes from for me?

Paulbot
6th June 2012, 11:53 AM
Check the link I posted anyway. The thirteen original Transformers are a Simon Furman add on from some BotCon fiction that Hasbro is running with. There's timelines for various timelines but as is often the case with your questions there is no "one source", no "one timeline"... Except this new "aligned" continuity which is supposed to provide that going forward.

Verno
6th June 2012, 02:29 PM
Check the link I posted anyway. The thirteen original Transformers are a Simon Furman add on from some BotCon fiction that Hasbro is running with. There's timelines for various timelines but as is often the case with your questions there is no "one source", no "one timeline"... Except this new "aligned" continuity which is supposed to provide that going forward.

Cheers Paulbot.

Yeah, it's a good starting point. I just wish it had specific times instead of 'long ago' and the like :P

Decepticon
6th June 2012, 02:31 PM
Why cant I see any items on the TFCC store website? All I see is the subscribtion costs. That has to be the worst website to find anything in the history of mankind!:mad:

UltraMarginal
6th June 2012, 02:55 PM
Why cant I see any items on the TFCC store website? All I see is the subscribtion costs. That has to be the worst website to find anything in the history of mankind!:mad:

I don't think they have finished re-building it yet since the implementation of the new website, software and credit card company. there is a news item on seibertron.com saying they are releasing some items from Botcon tomorrow for purchase if the setup of the shop finishes as planned.

Verno
9th June 2012, 10:35 AM
Everyone can relax, I found it.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-1cYi3V6R7z0/TfuUWC99wGI/AAAAAAAACZc/sKf1BvoZvfY/s1600/Generation+Two+-+Part+II+-+146.jpg

Verno
9th June 2012, 11:10 AM
But while I'm here, does anyone know what this image is from exactly:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-BBZr9vhHSVQ/TgwRelIsR3I/AAAAAAAACbI/YosKccGYA08/s1600/2008-07-23_183024_titantrans_cover.jpg

And whether there is a larger version of it on the net somewhere?

Paulbot
9th June 2012, 11:37 AM
But while I'm here, does anyone know what this image is from exactly:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-BBZr9vhHSVQ/TgwRelIsR3I/AAAAAAAACbI/YosKccGYA08/s1600/2008-07-23_183024_titantrans_cover.jpg

And whether there is a larger version of it on the net somewhere?

It's the combined covers of two of Titan's Marvel reprint trades (All Fall Down and End of the Road which reprinted #69 to #80)

Verno
9th June 2012, 11:54 AM
You're priceless PB!

griffin
9th June 2012, 04:44 PM
I love those Titan split covers, but they never ended up selling posters of them, which was a shame. And I offloaded my copies when I decided to not have multiple copies of comics (as it was getting expensive and taking up too much space), and preferred to keep the original single issues.

It was difficult finding the combined cover images online too... and the ones I did find were small.
Books 1 & 2 (http://cyberspacecomics.com/blog/2011/12/connecting-covers-10-transformers/)
Books 3 & 4 (http://cyberspacecomics.com/blog/2012/04/connecting-covers-21-transformers/)
Books 5 & 6 (http://cyberspacecomics.com/blog/2012/05/connecting-covers-22-transformers/)
Books 7 & 8 (http://cyberspacecomics.com/blog/2012/05/connecting-covers-23-transformers/)
Books 9 & 10 (http://cyberspacecomics.com/blog/2012/05/connecting-covers-24-transformers/)
That site has been adding them over the last few weeks, so might add the last three (there were 16 covering the Gen1 & Gen2 US Comics).

Maybe you could see if anyone here who has the whole set could post up decent sized scans of the covers, and you could combine the images yourself?
TFwiki has details (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Titan_Books) and small images of each Titan book, as does TFArchive (http://tfarchive.com/comics/titan/reprints/contents.php).

Verno
9th June 2012, 06:09 PM
Cheers Griff, you've gone above and beyond.

What is the thing in the background of the 2nd one? The Matrix or... something?

SuspectimusPrime
9th June 2012, 06:16 PM

Speaking of which, did anyone manage to nab an extra Runamuck or Spinister/Octopunch from the website before it imploded on Friday? I was totally stoked when I saw the announcement on Thursday night, mentioning that it would be up by about 3:00am AEST, but by the time I checked the website at work it had already imploded :(:(:(

If it took a credit card security hacking to bring the website up from 'worst website to find anything in the history of the universe' to 'worst website to find anything in the history of mankind', perhaps this late bandwidth implosion will cause FunPub to make an upgrade to 'worst website to find anything in the history of the internet'. We'll get there... one very small step at a time...

griffin
9th June 2012, 06:29 PM
Cheers Griff, you've gone above and beyond.

What is the thing in the background of the 2nd one? The Matrix or... something?

Took me a moment to work out, but it's the Spacebridge, which was a central plot device to some of the issues in those two volumes.

GoktimusPrime
11th June 2012, 02:32 PM
...so was Toxicity the final episode of Prime Season 2? (o_O)

GL-Sideswipe
11th June 2012, 02:47 PM
*Minor Spoilers*

I'm pretty sure it wasn't, they said there would be around 24 episodes in the season I think. I remember reading somewhere that the next episode would feature shockwave trying to take over the decepticon army, it just didnt say when the episode would air.

EDIT: There are 26 episodes scheduled for season 2

GoktimusPrime
11th June 2012, 03:41 PM
...please tag any potential spoilers (or at very least give us a warning). :( :mad:

It's been 16 days since Toxicity aired... any reason why there hasn't been a new ep?

GL-Sideswipe
11th June 2012, 03:52 PM
...please tag any potential spoilers (or at very least give us a warning). :( :mad:

It's been 16 days since Toxicity aired... any reason why there hasn't been a new ep?

oh damn so sorry, wasn't even thinking since that was the preview episode summary :/ didn't think of it as a spoiler.
um but yeah I read that they are on hiatus, no info other than that

Kapryiath
12th June 2012, 12:04 AM
is it true what google tells me? owning MP-05 in QLD s illegal? if so? how do i go about aquiring one without the postoffice stealing it from me?

tinyJazz
12th June 2012, 01:05 AM
how do i go about aquiring one without the postoffice stealing it from me?

It's illegal to own MP-05 in QLD, so um, there's your answer? At least I don't think the laws have changed recently.

Anyway, you can go here for more info: Megatron Club (http://www.megatron.net.au/Index.htm). It was set up by Tiby, one of the members here. :)

griffin
12th June 2012, 02:15 AM
Or seek out a permit for replica weapons... I'm just not sure where to look for that though.

Ode to a Grasshopper
12th June 2012, 07:53 AM
is it true what google tells me? owning MP-05 in QLD s illegal? if so? how do i go about aquiring one without the postoffice stealing it from me?Move to a different State?
This is a public board and Griff could get in trouble if we start advising people on how to circumvent the law. Basically, it's illegal so getting it through the post is going to be difficult if not impossible, and taking a road trip out of state to get one is going to be risky if you're caught with it.

So, my question: which character has had the most toys (just TFs and TFs & merch) made of them, Prime or Bumblebee?

Kapryiath
12th June 2012, 10:48 AM
yeah fair enough dont want to get aynone into any trouble over it, feel free to delete the above posts!

Seraphim Prime
12th June 2012, 11:44 AM
Move to a different State?
This is a public board and Griff could get in trouble if we start advising people on how to circumvent the law. Basically, it's illegal so getting it through the post is going to be difficult if not impossible, and taking a road trip out of state to get one is going to be risky if you're caught with it.

The issue with MP-05 is that it is classified a replica firearm (despite it's massive oversize). Owning firearms and replica firearms is illegal without a permit and safety measures put in place for its safe storage. In NSW permits are only granted where one has a legitmate membership in a gun club or sporting group. Consequently Tilby set up the Megatron Ownership Club (or something like that) and has to store Megatron in a sealed case within a locked room.

It's not about circumventing the law, but about the measures one needs to put in place to legally own a replica firearm figure like MP-05. (And probably the legion of 3rd Party Megatrons that have recently been proposed.)

griffin
12th June 2012, 01:05 PM
Move to a different State?

Just to expand on that, the Userguide here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=2) does already mention what this site can allow, in regards to replica-weapon Transformers like Megatron (and Browning)...

18 - Members are discouraged from advertising, promoting or condoning illegal activity that specifically relates to Transformers. This includes such things as Counterfeit toys (Knock Offs), unauthorised copies of official media, and replica weapon toys (like Megatron) in states that prohibit them. If you intend to acquire illegal items, search for them off-site (like through google), or privately from a known source. This rule is to protect yourself from prosecution, and to prevent this site from being shut down for facilitating criminal activity. Minimal discussion or suggestive comments may be tolerated to a point, and the Staff or Admin are entitled to limit or terminate discussions & sourcing of illegal material, at any time. It is your responsibility to determine if ownership of replica weapon Transformers are legal in your state, and admitting to ownership is at your own risk.

It is also worth noting that some states "allow" ownership (as long as you don't take it out in public and cause alarm by the public), while other states designate ownership as an illegal act (no matter how privately owned or hidden it is). And in the middle, are states like NSW & QLD that apparently can obtain a permit for... but I never got around to finding out what government department issues them (or their requirements to obtain one).

So, my question: which character has had the most toys (just TFs and TFs & merch) made of them, Prime or Bumblebee?

Late last year I counted all the Optimus Primes TOYS in my collection (included gimmick and figurines) just out of curiosity to see how many Hasbro/TT have done over the last 27 years. I think I made it to the 200 mark... I might do a count of both this week some time to see which shelf-warmer reigns supreme. (Optimus had a head-start, because Bumblebee was only really used for Gen1 and since the Movie... but it's since 2007 (thanks to the Movies) that Bbee has been over-populating our store shelves and collections)

Actually, if someone here was keen, or had a lot of spare time to waste, you can count my collection yourself, as all the photos in my collection should cover everything I own (http://www.toycollectors.com.au/collection.html) (except the Remote Controlled NEST Bumblebee and TF3 Figurines I bought 3 days ago... and any current TFPrime or JP toys I don't yet have). You can just go from page to page (from the main index) and count them up, and then add in items I don't have (from what you know, or from other sources like Soundwave's Oblivion (http://www.soundwavesoblivion.com/thetoyarchive.html)).

Golden Phoenix
14th June 2012, 11:26 PM

Could be a mid-season break. Happens with some series. They break the seasons in half.....for some reason. Don't ask me why they don't just call them 2 separate seasons, but that's what a lot of them do. Maybe just to stretch it out or maybe where they try to draw more viewers to watch the mid-season finale as a cliff hanger or something.
*shrugs*
I always thought it was stupid.

There had been a dozen or so episodes already for season 2 so it would seem about right.

Seraphim Prime
15th June 2012, 10:27 AM
Could be a mid-season break. Happens with some series. They break the seasons in half.....for some reason. Don't ask me why they don't just call them 2 separate seasons, but that's what a lot of them do. Maybe just to stretch it out or maybe where they try to draw more viewers to watch the mid-season finale as a cliff hanger or something.
*shrugs*
I always thought it was stupid.

It also has something to do with how the ratings system in the US works, with certain key "sweeps weeks" breaking up the year, as opposed to the more prolonged rating system we have in Australia, with the summer months as our off-season.

jazzcomp
20th June 2012, 10:32 PM
Which is better? Ultimate Optimus or Jetwing Optimus? What's the best price for both?

tinyJazz
21st June 2012, 02:57 AM
Do Botshots really not have faction symbols? Does that make Nemesis and Optimus Prime the only real autobots in the Botshots universe?
Losing the faction symbol on transformers is pretty uncool. :/

ITZTRU
21st June 2012, 03:00 AM
Which is better? Ultimate Optimus or Jetwing Optimus? What's the best price for both?

I'd definitely go Jetwing. It's a screen accuracy thing for me. I can't comment on Ultimate Prime though coz I don't have one. I literally just picked up my Jetwing Prime yesterday from Myer. $94.50! So much better than the $169 they used to go for!

griffin
21st June 2012, 04:19 AM
Do Botshots really not have faction symbols? Does that make Nemesis and Optimus Prime the only real autobots in the Botshots universe?
Losing the faction symbol on transformers is pretty uncool. :/

Go by the packaging (bio/blurb/faction-symbols)... kinda like what we now have to do with the TFPrime toys (if the character name isn't obvious, or you haven't seen the cartoon). :(

Ode to a Grasshopper
21st June 2012, 07:47 AM
Losing the faction symbol on transformers is pretty uncool. :/On the upside, you can start getting a NAIL (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/NAIL) collection.:D

GoktimusPrime
21st June 2012, 03:04 PM
It's not as bad as some Deluxe and Voyagers not having faction symbols! :mad:

kup
23rd June 2012, 02:11 PM
Is it possible to make a subscription with King Comics (or some other local comic store) for the Regeneration One comics? I am particularly looking at one with a shipping service as I will have a hard time picking up the comics in person.

Kapryiath
24th June 2012, 07:29 AM
i have an interesting question :P
my girlfriend really likes sharks and she's always asking me about if there are shark transformers and i've never gotten around to picking any up :S , if you guys had to pick a couple what are the better shark tf molds? :D

Sky Shadow
24th June 2012, 08:30 AM
i have an interesting question :P
my girlfriend really likes sharks and she's always asking me about if there are shark transformers and i've never gotten around to picking any up :S , if you guys had to pick a couple what are the better shark tf molds? :D

Probably the most realistic shark mould is the original Beast Wars Cybershark or Beast Wars Neo Sharp Edge, (though I personally prefer the Beast Wars II Hellscream/Universe Overbite version of the mould.) The Energon Sharkticon/BotCon Sharkticons/Sky-Byte mould is currently available cheap as the Japanese United Axalon. Beast Machines Hammerstrike and G1 Overbite are also cool moulds.

GoktimusPrime
24th June 2012, 08:43 AM
I second the nomination for the original Cybershark (hammerhead shark) or Sharp Edge (sawshark) -- between those two I personally prefer Sharp Edge - but Cybershark is fine too. Those would be the most realistic looking shark moded Transformers. All other sharkformers are cybernetic or robotic sharks (or in the case of Hammerstrike, "Technorganic").

My least favourite sharkformer would have to be TM2 Cybershark, who was the only one that was available in Australia too. (oh, and Energon Sharkticon too if you wanna include him (he transforms into a sharklike boat, but not an actual shark)

SuspectimusPrime
24th June 2012, 09:40 AM
Was Cybershark ever released in Australia?

He's become my fav. I never saw it in the shops, but one of my high school friends brought one to class back in the day, but I didn't think much of it at the time because the mold was basically a bigger Basic Flip Beast. I became really obsessed over shark-formers recently and chased down a reasonably priced Cybershark and Sharp Edge. Love the colour on Cybershark more, and I really wished they went and gave it a snapping jaw action gimmick. For a Maximal, he's really got a face that only a mother could love..

Sky Shadow
24th June 2012, 07:58 PM
Was Cybershark ever released in Australia?

Not the original version, but the Transmetal II one was. In Beast Wars, we also didn't get Claw Jaw, Grimlock, Drill Bit, Lazorbeak, Bonecrusher, Tigatron, Buzz Saw, Jetstorm, Blackarachnia, Manterror, B'Boom, Transquito, Arachnid, Orcanoch, Soundwave and Icebird, as well as the Fox Kids toys and non-video Razorclaw and Airazor.

And as I say, if you like the Cybershark/Sharp Edge mould, Beast Wars II Hellscream/Universe Overbite is amazing - I love him.

GoktimusPrime
24th June 2012, 08:34 PM
Transmetal II Cybershark was the only shark Transformer we got in Australia (which sucks cos he's so crap :rolleyes:). As Sky Shadow said, we missed Cybershark's entire wave (I got mine through a trade with a dude in Glasgow!). Australia also missed the entire Beast Machines Battle For The Spark line, so we missed Hammerstrike as part of that. Australia also missed out on Sky-Byte from RiD, as well as Gaskunk, Gusshar, Darkscream, Scourge and Team Bullet-Train. :( The other sharks are all from Takara (so naturally weren't released here for retail).

He's become my fav. I never saw it in the shops, but one of my high school friends brought one to class back in the day, but I didn't think much of it at the time because the mold was basically a bigger Basic Flip Beast.
:eek: Well, as you know now, he's certainly _not_ a flip changer! He's a bit of shellformer, but he works well as a shellformer... unlike his Transmetal 2 counterpart. :rolleyes:

I became really obsessed over shark-formers recently and chased down a reasonably priced Cybershark and Sharp Edge. Love the colour on Cybershark more, and I really wished they went and gave it a snapping jaw action gimmick.
In terms of technical execution, both Cybershark and Sharp Edge are well done. The shark mode is rather fat for a hammerhead or sawshark, but I can forgive it because it does need to contain the robot parts (TM2 Cybershark looks better as a fatter shark since it's a Great White).

A snapping jaw gimmick would have been cool... a lot better than the "face launcher" gimmick they've given it. :rolleyes: Does it hurt when they shoot their faces off? And if not... what happens after they shoot it? Does the face explode, or is it just a non-explosive projectile? If so... then what a _hassle_ to go and retrieve it! Imagine shooting your face off at a Predacon, who then catches it, then goes, "Hah! I got your face!" then proceeds to bugger off! You'd be like, "Heeeey! Give that back!" :rolleyes: And how annoying would it have been for kids who ended up losing the head projectile??

For a Maximal, he's really got a face that only a mother could love..
Heh, oh yeah... I much prefer the sculpt on Sharp Edge's head. :) But they're both quite nice toys in their own right.

Sky Shadow
24th June 2012, 08:44 PM
Transmetal II Cybershark was the only shark Transformer we got in Australia (which sucks cos he's so crap :rolleyes:).

I never thought about it, but that's interesting. As someone living in the UK at the moment, I know Australia is iconic for its sharks. People are often asking me about them and only two days ago I had a couple of queries about the number of shark attacks and whether there was a big net along the Australian coastline that stopped the sharks coming up towards the beach and eating people. Since I said there wasn't, I was informed that they would never be able to swim in Australia without soiling their pants. I then said that they have more chance of dying in a car accident, so I hoped they didn't need to change their dacks every time they went for a drive.

Still, if you like your 'sharks' to have arms and legs, we got two of those in G1. :)

Seraphim Prime
27th June 2012, 11:02 PM
One things that's been crossing my mind has been the number of times particular moulds have been used, is there a list or database easily outlining all the uses of the various different moulds released in TF history?

5FDP
28th June 2012, 08:58 AM
One things that's been crossing my mind has been the number of times particular moulds have been used, is there a list or database easily outlining all the uses of the various different moulds released in TF history?

It would be a HUGE database if one does exist :eek: The closest I think we ever got to one is Fred's Variants (http://www.oocities.org/futuristgroup/vquanda.html) page but it does not cover the more recent releases.

Tober
28th June 2012, 09:06 AM

I think Transformers Universe does what you're asking for.

Eg: Henkei Ghost Starscream (http://www.transformers-universe.com/include.php?path=content/ToyDB_Info.php&Toy_ID=3367&Sprache=0)

5FDP
28th June 2012, 09:22 AM
^ Forgot about them. On further thought, TFU.info (http://www.tfu.info/alpha/index.htm) would also be a good resource.

UltraMarginal
28th June 2012, 12:58 PM
I never thought about it, but that's interesting. As someone living in the UK at the moment, I know Australia is iconic for its sharks. People are often asking me about them and only two days ago I had a couple of queries about the number of shark attacks and whether there was a big net along the Australian coastline that stopped the sharks coming up towards the beach and eating people. Since I said there wasn't, I was informed that they would never be able to swim in Australia without soiling their pants. I then said that they have more chance of dying in a car accident, so I hoped they didn't need to change their dacks every time they went for a drive.

Still, if you like your 'sharks' to have arms and legs, we got two of those in G1. :)

I'm pretty sure a lot of our beaches have large nets, fo rthe big sharks, but there are more without nets for sure. tell them they'll be fine as long as they dont look like a baby seal when they swim.

Ode to a Grasshopper
28th June 2012, 08:36 PM
Has TFPRiDE Breakdown been released in Japan yet?
I went to my local Joshin after work today, but there weren't any there. I seem to recall he was meant to be out last weekend, but I could be wrong.

griffin
28th June 2012, 11:57 PM
It's supposed to be out soon, and I'm sure that as soon as it is, the global fansites will have it posted as news (with heaps of photos/vids), due to it being a non-Hasbro mould (for the foreseeable future).

higsy19
4th July 2012, 10:57 AM
Hi All,

I recently found an australian movie figure website which had a few Movieverse deluxes and voyagers on sale and now I am trying to find out which one it is as I have forgotten.

if any one can help ... thanks in advance

5FDP
4th July 2012, 11:00 AM
Hi All,

I recently found an australian movie figure website which had a few Movieverse deluxes and voyagers on sale and now I am trying to find out which one it is as I have forgotten.

if any one can help ... thanks in advance

Biby co.?

Tober
4th July 2012, 11:21 AM
^ That or Figures Direct (http://www.figuresdirect.com.au/mainpage.html).

Ode to a Grasshopper
4th July 2012, 08:09 PM
It's supposed to be out soon, and I'm sure that as soon as it is, the global fansites will have it posted as news (with heaps of photos/vids), due to it being a non-Hasbro mould (for the foreseeable future).Got him the day after, cheers though.:)

Slag
7th July 2012, 07:05 PM
Does anyone know how a fort or grand max sword came originally. i'm trying to pack them away but was wondering if had a special way to fit or if it came apart? (when i bought them they were jammed in during shipping and as a result, FM's has a curve in it)

griffin
7th July 2012, 09:50 PM
Heroic Decepticon is probably best to answer that (http://heroicdecepticon.blogspot.com.au/p/my-g1-transformers-collection-group.html), since he has so many Gen1 JP toys in packaging. (not jealous or anything... :p )

Hursticon
9th July 2012, 01:52 AM
Does anyone know how a fort or grand max sword came originally. i'm trying to pack them away but was wondering if had a special way to fit or if it came apart? (when i bought them they were jammed in during shipping and as a result, FM's has a curve in it)

Heroic Decepticon is probably best to answer that (http://heroicdecepticon.blogspot.com.au/p/my-g1-transformers-collection-group.html), since he has so many Gen1 JP toys in packaging. (not jealous or anything... :p )

If memory serves me correctly, having read Mr. Decepticons reviews on his Blog regarding both I believe that he makes mention that once the 2 halves are connected they will not come apart without breaking; Mind you I highly recommend anyone interested should definitely checkout HD's Blog, you'll be amazed by what you can learn! ;):)

Starscream77
9th July 2012, 09:54 PM
Hey all
A newbie here, heading to sydney cbd for work next couple of days, apart from myer does anyone know any TF stockists in there?

Kapryiath
9th July 2012, 10:46 PM
its not quite a TF question but its related? :P

i'm wanting to get some posters printed / canvas prints of some transformers pictures to hang in my man cave , does anyone know of anywhere that does custom prints like that? like large scale stuff ?

kurdt_the_goat
9th July 2012, 10:58 PM
I haven't tried them (have been meaning to...), but Harvey Norman (http://www.harveynormanphotos.com.au/category/canvas-prints/personalise/) does canvas prints in a few good sizes nowadays.

Aqua Prime
9th July 2012, 11:39 PM
Not technically transformers related... Mods please don't shoot me.....
Does anyone know where to find those clear plastic stands for displaying transformers etc.... Someone had some real nice ones. I need to display some of my Starscreams in jet mode and having them in various states of take off is appealing.

kurdt_the_goat
9th July 2012, 11:52 PM
Flightpose (http://flightpose.com/) is the best stand for planes around MP Starscream size, may be a bit overkill for deluxes.

UltraMarginal
10th July 2012, 12:12 AM
Hey all
A newbie here, heading to sydney cbd for work next couple of days, apart from myer does anyone know any TF stockists in there?

there is some stuff at kinokunia, mostly overly priced Re-issues, statues and binaltech..

statues at kings comics
sometimes hobbyco has some good stock but they are generally a bit pricey for transformers, othertimes they will have something super cheap. I bought the black alternatornemesis prime there (many years ago now) for about $20.

there is a small shop in amongst all the computer hardware shops on level one in the capitol building near central. mostly super expensive imports. you should be able to get it all off eBay cheaper.

that's about it of the top of my head,

GoktimusPrime
10th July 2012, 12:16 AM
I'm gonna be at Kinokuniya at about 11:00 if you wanna meet... if you see a guy wearing a Transformers hat, Transformers shirt, Transformers jacket, Transformers backpack, Transformers wristwatch and carrying a Transformer toy -- that's me. ;) I'll either be at the IDW comics section or the Japanese book section (both on extreme opposite ends of the store :p)

Starscream77
10th July 2012, 08:53 AM
Thanks guys, I will check these out. Doubt I will be there by 11 but if I am you will see a guy in a black suit and about 6' 4" and 105 kg, hard to miss

Slag
10th July 2012, 09:58 AM
If memory serves me correctly, having read Mr. Decepticons reviews on his Blog regarding both I believe that he makes mention that once the 2 halves are connected they will not come apart without breaking; Mind you I highly recommend anyone interested should definitely checkout HD's Blog, you'll be amazed by what you can learn! ;):)

Cheers:). I'm glad/lucky i didn't try a little harder then...I'll leave them in front of the boxes for now.
I could look at those pics on HD's site for hours. if only there was a store somewhere in Oz as well stocked..:rolleyes:

Slag
10th July 2012, 10:24 AM
if you see a guy wearing a Transformers hat, Transformers shirt, Transformers jacket, Transformers backpack, Transformers wristwatch and carrying a Transformer toy -- that's me. ;)

LOL. :D

GoktimusPrime
10th July 2012, 06:55 PM
I was at Kinokuniya this morning from 11:13-11:33... spent a good chunk of the time standing near the entrance chatting w/ dirge. :p We must have missed each other, Starscream77. :(

Starscream77
12th July 2012, 08:09 PM
Was there not long after, oh well who wants to chat with the newbie anyway ha ha.
Another possible dumb question from me, has the second wave of prime figures come and gone here or not yet released? Everywhere on has BB, cj, jack and Soundwave

GoktimusPrime
12th July 2012, 09:11 PM
I would've gladly talked with you. I can talk Transformers for hours and hours without stopping or getting bored. :D But alas I had to meet up with my wife at the cinema for a 12:00 session of Amazing Spider-Man. Thwip! Thwip! :D

Wave 2 has been out for some time. I've seen the Wave 2 Deluxes (Ratchet and Arcee) at TRU and Big W (the latter has them on sale atm! :D), and the Wave 2 Voyagers (Bulkhead & Starscream) at Myer, but they're pret-ty expensive. I've also seen the Toastermasters^Weaponisers at Target. Just keep your optics peeled on the NSW Sightings thread (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=3187). :)

nofacej
13th July 2012, 05:58 PM
Here's a completely newbie question:
Is there any special trick to getting Generations Kup's head to fold down? I've looked at several videos on Youtube and everyone seems to flip it down really easily. I'm having no such luck. I'm actually terrified of snapping the ball joint with the amount of pressure I'm putting on the head to try and get it to fold down and it's still not budging. My figure is equipped with an iGear head if that makes any difference.

theheretic
13th July 2012, 07:28 PM
Are the Takara TF Prime AM toys going to be released by Hasbro too? The Hasbro Prime RID range seems very limited. I don't want to miss out on them but I generally stick to local releases.

GoktimusPrime
13th July 2012, 09:09 PM
Doesn't look to be the case atm... I prefer to buy local too, but if there are any AM figures that really tickle your fancy, I'd get 'em from Japan rather than gamble on a Hasbro release maybe or maybe not coming out. I've already purchased Skywarp and I'm placing an order on Breakdown (although I won't see either of them until around Xmas/NY time :rolleyes:)

theheretic
13th July 2012, 11:50 PM
Doesn't look to be the case atm... I prefer to buy local too, but if there are any AM figures that really tickle your fancy, I'd get 'em from Japan rather than gamble on a Hasbro release maybe or maybe not coming out. I've already purchased Skywarp and I'm placing an order on Breakdown (although I won't see either of them until around Xmas/NY time :rolleyes:)

Those are the 2 I'm after :-) Think I'll take your advice and just order them at BBTS. Got a "pile o' loot" that needs shipping soon.

UltraMarginal
14th July 2012, 02:12 AM
Here's a completely newbie question:
Is there any special trick to getting Generations Kup's head to fold down? I've looked at several videos on Youtube and everyone seems to flip it down really easily. I'm having no such luck. I'm actually terrified of snapping the ball joint with the amount of pressure I'm putting on the head to try and get it to fold down and it's still not budging. My figure is equipped with an iGear head if that makes any difference.

You need to hold the auto morph sections out while you do it, there is a step angle that part of the structure gets caught on, inside, you an see it if you hold the two sides apart.

Hope this helps. I had exactly the same problem

Gutsman Heavy
14th July 2012, 06:58 PM
The stickers on my encores are falling off, any suggestions as to what glue I should use to stick 'em back on?

kurdt_the_goat
14th July 2012, 07:40 PM
If i were you i'd just get a roll of double sided sellotape from a newsagency. You can easily cut to exact size then pop sticker back on no problems.

kup
14th July 2012, 07:44 PM
The stickers on my encores are falling off, any suggestions as to what glue I should use to stick 'em back on?

I use normal glue stick, the same one that kids would use at school. It is pretty effective at staying on (need to hold down until it dries) and doesn't seem to damage the plastic underneath but I would not try it on painted die cast.

Gutsman Heavy
14th July 2012, 08:18 PM
Sadly it's the stickers on the die cast that are peeling off, I'll try the double sided tape idea unless that's not recommended for die cast

Cat
14th July 2012, 08:36 PM
You could always just get a new set of stickers from Reprolabels?

Gutsman Heavy
14th July 2012, 08:46 PM
Way too expensive, if it were just one fig it wouldn't be so bad.

spiderken17
15th July 2012, 05:03 PM
I picked up a G1 First Aid today and it needs new stickers. Who is the best mob to get them off? has anyone used said mob?
Cheers, Ken

Ode to a Grasshopper
15th July 2012, 06:12 PM
Does anyone know where I can find instruction scans for Cybertron Crosswise?
I've looked in my usual spots but no luck so far.
Movie1 Jolt or Cybertron Smokescreen will do just as well.
Cheers.:)

Decepticon
16th July 2012, 01:48 PM
So do the FOC Bruticus and new Ruination have interchangeable limbs? I noticed a pic of Ruination with the helicopter/tank arms as legs and Bruticus legs as arms on Ruination.

1orion2many
16th July 2012, 02:37 PM

The Hasbro site has an area with a lot of their instructions but I always have issues finding it:o

Paulbot
16th July 2012, 03:13 PM
So do the FOC Bruticus and new Ruination have interchangeable limbs? I noticed a pic of Ruination with the helicopter/tank arms as legs and Bruticus legs as arms on Ruination.

Yes. This came out back in February.

Yep they are hands, because:

The four remaining characters will have the traditional robot and vehicle forms, with the added ability to transform into any of Bruticus' limbs, all without relying on extraneous toy bits (foot plates, fists).

From the interview discussed here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=12957).

kup
16th July 2012, 03:37 PM
Sadly it's the stickers on the die cast that are peeling off, I'll try the double sided tape idea unless that's not recommended for die cast

I've had bad experience with tape. It eventually leaves an almost unremovable residue or it ends up peeling with the paint on die cast so be very careful.

Ravagecat
19th July 2012, 12:46 PM

Hey, found movie 1 Jolt for ya...second from bottom

http://www.hasbro.com/customer-service/browse/_/Ntt-jolt?Ntk=All&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial

Slag
19th July 2012, 07:31 PM
I picked up a G1 First Aid today and it needs new stickers. Who is the best mob to get them off? has anyone used said mob?
Cheers, Ken

you may be better off just trying to find another First Aid with better stickers..
Reprolabels has a sheet for all of Defensor, i've used them before, but you would want to get sheets for a few figures to make it worth your while.

Ode to a Grasshopper
19th July 2012, 08:32 PM
Hey, found movie 1 Jolt for ya...second from bottom

http://www.hasbro.com/customer-service/browse/_/Ntt-jolt?Ntk=All&Ntx=mode+matchallpartialCheers dude, I managed to figure it out but it's nice to have the instructions on hand.
Those back spurs really threw me for a while.

spiderken17
21st July 2012, 09:31 PM
you may be better off just trying to find another First Aid with better stickers..
Reprolabels has a sheet for all of Defensor, i've used them before, but you would want to get sheets for a few figures to make it worth your while.

Thanks.
Also how do i distinguish the original G1 bots to the re-issue ones?
I have a guy who has some but he is unsure whether they are old or new.

GoktimusPrime
21st July 2012, 10:20 PM
The most immediate/obvious difference between the original and reissue is the packaging, with reissue First Aid looking like this (http://i.ebayimg.com/15/!BWOpY8gCGk~$%28KGrHgoH-C4EjlLl0-E2BKWgHvI%28tQ~~_35.JPG). Otherwise, I think you need to check the copyright stamp. Some of the 1990-91 reissues had their copyright stampage blanked out. First Aid's copyright stamp is located on the inside of the front panel section.

My First Aid is an original and the copyright stamp says, on the left hand side:
(C)HASBRO

Then on the right hand side:
(C)TAKARA
CO.,LTD
1986 .JAPAN

Note that the reissue is fully legitimate and not a fake -- so if it's easier for you to find a reissue then rest assured that it is an authentic reproduction from Hasbro. :)

spiderken17
22nd July 2012, 08:16 AM
My First Aid has 1986 stamped on the inside, i checked that when i bought it.

The guy has a selection of other combiners and i was just wondering what do they have stamped where 1980-whatever was stamped on the original?

Also the Reprolabels guy, is he on ebay?
Cheers, Ken

GoktimusPrime
22nd July 2012, 09:57 AM
My First Aid has 1986 stamped on the inside, i checked that when i bought it.
Yeah but some fakes may still carry the copyright stampage anyway... have a look at that link I provided that discusses the differences between real and fake First Aid.

The guy has a selection of other combiners and i was just wondering what do they have stamped where 1980-whatever was stamped on the original?
I imagine it would be similar stampage somewhere on the toy.

Also the Reprolabels guy, is he on ebay?
reprolabels.com

spiderken17
22nd July 2012, 03:34 PM
Awesome, thanks. My First Aid has some contradicting evidence. It appears to have the "large" rear window of the counterfeit (i think, its hard to gauge the size accurately) but the "blood" red chest piece of the original (as opposed to bright red on the counterfeit). Not so bothered about that one, picked it out of a bin of random toys for a few bucks.
Also, is there a list of pre-rub transformers anywhere? i had a search and could not find one.
Cheers, Ken

spiderken17
22nd July 2012, 06:41 PM
Are genuine G1 transformers the only ones with Rubsigns? Is that an easy way to tell them apart.

Hursticon
22nd July 2012, 07:02 PM
Are genuine G1 transformers the only ones with Rubsigns? Is that an easy way to tell them apart.

Initially in the 80s? - Yes, Rubsigns were originally introduced to the line as a way of distinguishing 'The Real Deal' if I remember correctly; However, this is no longer the case at all due to the internet making things like Reproduction stickers easily acquirable. :o

spiderken17
22nd July 2012, 08:16 PM
Man, with all these counterfeits out there its damn hard to collect these things. How do you differentiate real from fake over the internet? :confused:
Star Wars figures were much easier.:)

griffin
22nd July 2012, 09:40 PM
Our guides can help (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=9470), and if you still aren't sure, ask here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=13608).

Skullcruncher
22nd July 2012, 11:05 PM
This is the best shot of KO first aid I have. If it doesn't have that pin the one on the right does its legit. (but it could still be the classic reissue!)

GoktimusPrime
22nd July 2012, 11:16 PM
I think the reissue (http://i.ebayimg.com/15/!BWOpY8gCGk~$%28KGrHgoH-C4EjlLl0-E2BKWgHvI%28tQ~~_35.JPG) should have factory-applied stickers on the rear side windows.

spiderken17
23rd July 2012, 06:53 PM
mine looks like the one on the left.

Yukitora
23rd July 2012, 07:03 PM
Are blue eyes common on Cybertron and other planets where tfs live? I don't have comics so i dunno. but Maximals and Preds have red and green. is that an organic thing? And is there a generational difference?

Paulbot
23rd July 2012, 08:01 PM
The blue eyes for (most) Autobots (and red for (most) Decepticons) is a G1 cartoon shortcut (like their weapon fire and equipment being uniform colours). Cybertronians have all sorts of coloured eyes and it's all pretty random ...

(except in that old cartoon).

5FDP
24th July 2012, 08:45 AM
Just to add to what Paul is saying, MP Grimlock (https://www.google.com.au/url?url=http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Grimlock_(G1)/toys%23Masterpiece&rct=j&q=masterpiece+grimlock&usg=AFQjCNEWfTO9DQbofrtFQhsP05YoZRzZeg&sa=X&ei=ItMNUKHTMOSXiQfDsoDIDg&sqi=2&ved=0CFQQygQwAw&cad=rja) even comes with a gimmick whereby you can change his eyes from blue (cartoon accuracy) to red which was the colour used for the G1 toy.